PDA

View Full Version : Center court roof debut. Sunday 17th May '09

Pages : [1] 2

Joe.
May 15th, 2009, 07:18 PM
does any one know if the exhibition; graf/agassi vs clijsters/henman will be televised? Im hoping BBC will but im not sure:confused:

youizahoe
May 15th, 2009, 07:19 PM
They most likely will televise it.

Hugh.
May 15th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah, its on BBC2 from 3:30pm to 5pm.

Marcell
May 15th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Watch Wimbledon’s Centre Court Celebration Live on ESPN

ESPN Classic will air live coverage of the special exhibition matches at Wimbledon on Sunday.

A Centre Court Celebration will feature tennis legends Andre Agassi, Steffi Graf, Tim Henman and Kim Clijsters.

The event will be the first time tennis is played under the stunning new roof at Wimbledon.

ESPN Classic’s live coverage will commence at 9:30 am Eastern time on Sunday. The matches will also be streamed simultaneously on ESPN360.com.

alwayshingis
May 15th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Here is the TV list:
United Kingdom - BBC2
United States - ESPN Classic, The Tennis Channel, ESPN360.com
Australia - Channel 9, Fox Australia
Belgium - VRT. RTL, VTM
Denmark - MTG
Greece - Filmnet
The Netherlands - Chello, RTL
Serbia - B92
Switzerland - CHSF
Asia - Star Sports

fnc
May 15th, 2009, 09:48 PM
It's also on the BBC Red Button, from 1430-1800.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 15th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Watch Wimbledon’s Centre Court Celebration Live on ESPN

ESPN Classic will air live coverage of the special exhibition matches at Wimbledon on Sunday.

A Centre Court Celebration will feature tennis legends Andre Agassi, Steffi Graf, Tim Henman and Kim Clijsters.

The event will be the first time tennis is played under the stunning new roof at Wimbledon.

ESPN Classic’s live coverage will commence at 9:30 am Eastern time on Sunday. The matches will also be streamed simultaneously on ESPN360.com.

Such awesome news!! I can't wait to see what the roof looks like and ofcourse the legends match :drool:

Rollo
May 16th, 2009, 12:33 AM
When I was at Wimbledon about 3 weeks ago there was still lots of construction going on. Hopefullt they will be able to control the humidity inside so the grass doesn't get too slick. That seemed to be the main concern according to our tour guide.

aussie_fan
May 16th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Here is the TV list:
United Kingdom - BBC2
United States - ESPN Classic, The Tennis Channel, ESPN360.com
Australia - Channel 9, Fox Australia
Belgium - VRT. RTL, VTM
Denmark - MTG
Greece - Filmnet
The Netherlands - Chello, RTL
Serbia - B92
Switzerland - CHSF
Asia - Star Sports

Where did you get this list? Doubt Nine would be showing this

duhcity
May 16th, 2009, 02:24 AM
When I was at Wimbledon about 3 weeks ago there was still lots of construction going on. Hopefullt they will be able to control the humidity inside so the grass doesn't get too slick. That seemed to be the main concern according to our tour guide.

It IS the All England Club. With the French building a roof at Roland Garros, i'm almost positive that anything less than perfect will be shameful to them.

But excited. The pictures look awesome.

Langers
May 16th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Yeah seems strange. I knew Fox were showing it but Nine? :confused:

Hope so anyway.

Philip
May 16th, 2009, 02:29 AM
I'll watch it on iPlayer when I get home from work :hearts:

V&SWilliams Fan
May 16th, 2009, 02:37 AM

yeh channel nine is crap with tennis unless its Wimbly.
Hoping the new ten channel 1 sports channel might have it ?
could be wishful thinking.

ChrisCologne
May 16th, 2009, 07:18 AM
No chance to see that live in Germany?

In The Zone
May 16th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I'm graduating at the same time it is being shown live. :o Tennis Channel is showing it at 7pm EST.

mckyle.
May 16th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I'm graduating at the same time it is being shown live. :o Tennis Channel is showing it at 7pm EST.

I'm graduating that day, too! :D Why is your graduation so early? :lol: Hopefully I can find a stream because mine doesn't start until 4:00 ;)

In The Zone
May 16th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Well, it starts around 10:45. We have to be there at around 10. Leaving the house at 930. I'll wait until TTC. Aka, no WTAW afterwards to ruin the score. :o

Mike_T
May 16th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I’m glad it’s Kim they invited, and not her oddball compatriot. Although that’s something I would pay money to see: old ping-pong tits being decapitated by the roof closing.

babolat-blast
May 17th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I'm quite excited to see Kim on the court again this afternoon! Though it's not an official match yet, I'm wondering about her game play. Luckily they'll broadcast it over here :) Go Kim!

Mikey B
May 17th, 2009, 09:11 AM
woo! nice to see kim back on a tennis court.. exciting day! and its raining here!!! perfect for the roof!

ce
May 17th, 2009, 09:18 AM
B92 :eek: :woohoo:

Привет
May 17th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I'm pretty sure Nine aren't showing this for Aussies. :lol: It isn't in their guide on their site, I think the list was just taken from the Wimbledon site, so Nine would be on there because they show the actual tournament.

tea
May 17th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Watch Wimbledonís Centre Court Celebration Live on ESPN

ESPN Classicís live coverage will commence at 9:30 am Eastern time on Sunday. The matches will also be streamed simultaneously on ESPN360.com.
I am looking http://www.espnclassicsport.com/tvguide.php and seeing no any tennis planned for today.
Can anyone help?:awww:

irma
May 17th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I am looking http://www.espnclassicsport.com/tvguide.php and seeing no any tennis planned for today.
Can anyone help?:awww:

ESPN classic in America is not the same as ESPN classic Europe.

Rerun
May 17th, 2009, 09:51 AM
any streaming?

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 17th, 2009, 10:27 AM
It's raining quite a bit right now!

I'm excited :aparty: Go Kim!

Kart
May 17th, 2009, 10:30 AM
It's a good thing they've got the roof - it's been raining overnight.

moby
May 17th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Can't believe I'm missing the tennis event of the year. :(

Are there really no livestreams?

aussie_fan
May 17th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I'm pretty sure Nine aren't showing this for Aussies. :lol: It isn't in their guide on their site, I think the list was just taken from the Wimbledon site, so Nine would be on there because they show the actual tournament.

Maybe show highlights or replay in the enxt few weeks (maybe even a sunday afternnon before Wimby starts)

cyberix
May 17th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Good luck Kim. Two thumbs up.

Yasmine
May 17th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Good luck Kim. Two thumbs up.
I'm pretty sure I made the avatar you have! :D Great to have Kim back on a tennis court :worship:

дalex
May 17th, 2009, 12:34 PM
B92 :bowdown:

They'll be showing Wimbledon for the first time this year, too.

Sarah<Kim-fan>
May 17th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Can't believe I'm missing the tennis event of the year. :(

Are there really no livestreams?
here's a livestream, but it will probably only work in Belgium, but it's worth the try if you don't have anything else
http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/MG_live

pollison
May 17th, 2009, 12:53 PM
yeh channel nine is crap with tennis unless its Wimbly.
Hoping the new ten channel 1 sports channel might have it ?
could be wishful thinking.

I hoped 1 would have it aswell but I have looked through their guide and there is no tennis at all....so crap

cyberix
May 17th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I made the avatar you have! :D Great to have Kim back on a tennis court :worship:
What makes you think that?

Wintermute
May 17th, 2009, 01:44 PM
They're singing Amazing Grace while the roof closes. How cheesy!

wally1
May 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Steffi Graf and Kim just looked fantastic I thought.

ChrisCologne
May 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Cannot watch it anywhere :-(

jo„o.
May 17th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Livestreams? :sad:

Dawson.
May 17th, 2009, 01:49 PM
They just said there will be NO night matches at this years event, even with the flood lights fitted into the roof :rolleyes:
C'mon Wimbledon, get with the times :mad:

fnuf7
May 17th, 2009, 01:51 PM

I'm sure it'll turn up on the internet soon. Even if you can't watch live, I'm sure you'll be able to download it soon enough. I'm certainly recording onto dvd the parts that are being shown on BBC2 (at the moment it's only on the website for all the build up/roof closing/singing) So if needed I can upload it eventually I'm sure, if no-one else does. :)

ChrisCologne
May 17th, 2009, 01:51 PM
All the best of thanks to South-Africa

дalex
May 17th, 2009, 01:52 PM
b92 not showing Kim v Steffi! :(

Wintermute
May 17th, 2009, 01:54 PM
All this "music" is going to make me vomit! Hallelujah? Who are these people?

They just said there will be NO night matches at this years event, even with the flood lights fitted into the roof :rolleyes:

Aren't they restricted by what the local council will let them do in terms of disturbance to local residents? The way it's going, in a few years night matches will probably happen.

irma
May 17th, 2009, 01:54 PM

Boris Becker tv? Of course you will only see his face but it's something;)

Play_Suspended
May 17th, 2009, 01:56 PM

Why are you so keen on night matches? I dont really see why theyre needed, US and AO have them and Wimby and RG dont, thats just how it is. Play often goes on late anyway so that there virtually are evening sessions.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 17th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Is it live streaming at ESPN360.com? Pete Bodo said it would be, but I'm watching it here in the US on ESPN Classic. So far -- surreal. Opera singers while the roof closes and the air circulation system adjust to conditions. Surreal. Can't wait for the tennis to start (another 20 to 30 minutes they say).

fnuf7
May 17th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Seriously how many songs are we getting? I'd rather they had just started the show 5 minutes before the matches with the roof already closed & the "air management system" all ready to go, a little intro to proceedings & on with the matches.

Maybe I just don't have a great sense for the occasion ;)

Marcell
May 17th, 2009, 02:02 PM
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=39266&part=sports
Try these.

wally1
May 17th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Seriously how many songs are we getting? I'd rather they had just started the show 5 minutes before the matches with the roof already closed & the "air management system" all ready to go, a little intro to proceedings & on with the matches.

Maybe I just don't have a great sense for the occasion ;)Looking at Katherine Jenkins is never wasted time :hearts:

Dawson.
May 17th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Why are you so keen on night matches? I dont really see why theyre needed, US and AO have them and Wimby and RG dont, thats just how it is. Play often goes on late anyway so that there virtually are evening sessions.

I just think it would be really cool. I prefer night matches at the USO & AO to the day matches. With the right atmosphere, Wimbledon night matches could be electrifying. More action on centre court would also stop the endless scheduling discussion that goes on (JAnkoVic oN cOURt 18 zOmG!!!11 for example) Also, when the RG roof stadium is built, I'm sure they will have night matches too, yet again leaving wimbledon the odd one out.

Edit - having said that, I do actually like Wimbledon being the odd one out in many respects! But I would still like to see night matches as I'm sure many others would

ChrisCologne
May 17th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Hope there will be more to download later on this day - especially mixed & women. Iīm so sad right now.

RenaSlam.
May 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Watching on ESPN Classic. The roof looks great.

Dave.
May 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I agree with you, e5dawsonj, night matches are great, would be so much fun at Wimbledon. I'd also LOVE to have them at the French too.

Monica_Rules
May 17th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Night matches wouldn't work at wimbledon really. The roof would have to be closed for that, and they have said the roof will only be closed when it rains.

Dave.
May 17th, 2009, 02:10 PM
The court looks fantastic!

Play_Suspended
May 17th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Interesting point I wonder if the french would be up for night matches with a roof...anyway almost time for tennis!

EDIT: Lloyd and Castle commentating...great.....

Sexysova
May 17th, 2009, 02:14 PM
thanks so much!!!!! the star sports channel works on tvants for me :woohoo:

fnuf7
May 17th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Are they starting the match a little early or having a long warm up? BBC2 doesn't start showing til 3:30 but watching the BBC website, it looks like they're starting very soon. Mixed doubles first.

wally1
I just think it would be really cool. I prefer night matches at the USO & AO to the day matches. With the right atmosphere, Wimbledon night matches could be electrifying. More action on centre court would also stop the endless scheduling discussion that goes on (JAnkoVic oN cOURt 18 zOmG!!!11 for example) Also, when the RG roof stadium is built, I'm sure they will have night matches too, yet again leaving wimbledon the odd one out.

Edit - having said that, I do actually like Wimbledon being the odd one out in many respects! But I would still like to see night matches as I'm sure many others wouldGrass is obviously a natural surface and I think they need to give it time to recover, which night sessions (if they're anything like Aus or US Open) going into the early hours won't help with. As someone else said, thay play at Wim until quite late anyway.

Maybe I'm too traditional anyway, tennis to me is a summer game that should be played under the sun. I don't like how much of the AO seems to be played at night or indoors - I always recall the blazing sun and heat of the AO, now it could really be being played anywhere half the time.

Wintermute
Andrew Castle :rolleyes:

IMPOSSIBLE
May 17th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Alison Lang in the chair :)

RenaSlam.
May 17th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Steffi is still in ridiculous shape. :hearts:

fnuf7
May 17th, 2009, 02:19 PM
It's almost a fully adidas crew, 3 out of 4 of them are sponsored by adidas...adidas should have gone after Kim to sign her up ;)

ce
May 17th, 2009, 02:19 PM
go Kim :dance:
b92 :hearts:

Bijoux0021
May 17th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Steffi is still in ridiculous shape. :hearts:
I know. She looks amazing.

IMPOSSIBLE
May 17th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Kim looking good ;)

Bijoux0021
May 17th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Alison Lang in the chair :)
Alison Lang is the best umpire on WTA!

Play_Suspended
May 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Seriously Steffi's in better shape than 3/4 of the top 50, probably more...

Keegan
May 17th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I'm actually pretty excited for this. I've never seen Steffi play live, so I'm pretty psyched. I was going to go to the exo, but my dad went all mad about how much it'll cost.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 17th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Stef looks really good. Kim, looks not so bad. The guys...we'll see! ;)!

I hope that the Tennis Channel's version will be different -- the British cameras seem to be missing a lot of what the audience is laughing at. Hopefully, it'll be clearer on Tennis Channel later today.

Uranus
May 17th, 2009, 02:28 PM
The court looks beautiful :hearts:.

DefyingGravity
May 17th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Good first point, then Tim missed a volley :gasp:. Kidding, he hasn't played for a while.

DutchieGirl
May 17th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Grass is obviously a natural surface and I think they need to give it time to recover, which night sessions (if they're anything like Aus or US Open) going into the early hours won't help with. As someone else said, thay play at Wim until quite late anyway.

Maybe I'm too traditional anyway, tennis to me is a summer game that should be played under the sun. I don't like how much of the AO seems to be played at night or indoors - I always recall the blazing sun and heat of the AO, now it could really be being played anywhere half the time.
Much of the Ao played at night or indoors? Dunno what Ao you are watching, but play starts at 11am each day at the AO, so most of it IS played outdoors. There are 2 night matches on RLA only, and one 'feature match"on Margaret Court that starts at 7:30pm each evening. :shrug: Wimby was being played until well after 8pm last year so, what's the difference eally? Not much!

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 17th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Andre is a hoot! Off to enjoy. Hope you all do too. Somebody please upload to Youtube if you can.

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 02:32 PM
omg so excited!!!!!

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 02:32 PM
i love BBc showing tennis!

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Star Sports here also showing it.:banana: :hearts:

goldenlox
May 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM
There's a Nadal-Federer Super Tier I final going on now.
Strange timing from the AE club

wally1
May 17th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Much of the Ao played at night or indoors? Dunno what Ao you are watching, but play starts at 11am each day at the AO, so most of it IS played outdoors. There are 2 night matches on RLA only, and one 'feature match"on Margaret Court that starts at 7:30pm each evening. :shrug: Wimby was being played until well after 8pm last year so, what's the difference eally? Not much!I probably should have been clearer and said much of what I actually get to see seems to be at night.

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Are they just showing that only match?

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Did Andre just hit an ace?:hearts:

Sean.
May 17th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Wow, Stefi looks amazing :speakles:

Sean.
May 17th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Kimmie :inlove:

only_one_maria
May 17th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I don't want to sound like an old stick in the mud, but I can't agree with the decision to play grasscourt tennis with a roof. We will see how they cope with things like the humidity - is it certain to work as you can't really afford any moisture on the ground?

I suppose the pressure from international broadcasters is there, but there's something very British about having to cope with the weather delays, make the most of it etc. Also, won't this now give an advantage to the top players who will have matches on the indoor court meaning that in the case of bad weather they'll get ahead in the draw?

DutchieGirl
May 17th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I probably should have been clearer and said much of what I actually get to see seems to be at night.
:p Not the Ao's fault - you should come to Australia then. :p

Dawson.
May 17th, 2009, 02:42 PM
There's a Nadal-Federer Super Tier I final going on now.
Strange timing from the AE club

Nadal/Federer on clay bore fest

or

Historic exhibition on the grandest stage in tennis, featuring 2 living legends, a player returning to the main tour soon and... erm.. Tim Henman.

Pretty obvious choice if you ask me :inlove::hearts::inlove:

Sexysova
May 17th, 2009, 02:42 PM
how is the schedule? first mixed doubles as I see and then men or women?

wally1
May 17th, 2009, 02:44 PM
:p Not the Ao's fault - you should come to Australia then. :pI went to the AO in 2002. Very nice time I had too!

Sean.
Was Farrell of of X-Factor or Britain's got talent?

DutchieGirl
I went to the AO in 2002. Very nice time I had too!
:yeah:

and back to wimby - is the roof actually perspex and see-through or?

gumoll
May 17th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I so wanna see it :sad:

Dawson.
how is the schedule? first mixed doubles as I see and then men or women?

Mixed
Men
Women

Play_Suspended
The men are up next, women last

fnuf7
I don't want to sound like an old stick in the mud, but I can't agree with the decision to play grasscourt tennis with a roof. We will see how they cope with things like the humidity - is it certain to work as you can't really afford any moisture on the ground?

I suppose the pressure from international broadcasters is there, but there's something very British about having to cope with the weather delays, make the most of it etc. Also, won't this now give an advantage to the top players who will have matches on the indoor court meaning that in the case of bad weather they'll get ahead in the draw?

That is supposedly what the "air management system" avoids...apparently they spent a lot of time working out how to have a roof without adversely affecting the grass. They claim the air management thingy will keep the grass dry & the transparent roof will allow enough light in for the grass too. But I guess you never know if these things really work til you use it day in, day out.

ElusiveChanteuse
The men are up next, women last

Cool.:hearts: :bounce:

DutchieGirl
:hug:

IMPOSSIBLE
Men singles then womens

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Poor Tomekio.:awww: :hug: ;)

wales1994
May 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Faryl and Katherine :hearts:

Sexysova
ty you all :)

irma
I thought the bbc would show it live too?

Expat
May 17th, 2009, 02:49 PM
its on espn360 right now

Sean.
May 17th, 2009, 02:50 PM
It is :)

Joe.
May 17th, 2009, 02:51 PM
the singing is a bit cheesy:lol:
the roof looks very nice though:D

fnuf7
May 17th, 2009, 02:51 PM
BBC2 is showing the singing again...think it's only a small bit of it though, hopefully the main focus will be the tennis :) (and hopefully they're showing ALL the matches, albeit not live as such as the mixed has been going for some time now)

I'm recording it though so hopefully I'll be able to upload it later if needed.

kati830728
May 17th, 2009, 02:53 PM
what do the commentators say about steffi and andre?

Dawson.
May 17th, 2009, 02:54 PM
It's echoing quite a bit with the roof closed. Can you imagine the Venus-Sharapova semi of 2005 played under the roof?! :tape:

Sean.
May 17th, 2009, 02:55 PM
it's started at 5-3 Mixed Doubles :rolleyes:

fnuf7
May 17th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Ah what? BBC2 are joining it live so the mixed is already at 5-3 to Mr & Mrs Agassi...wish they'd shown the whole match on tv, it's been entertaining.

Sean.
May 17th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Andre hit Kim :speakles:

Dawson.
May 17th, 2009, 02:58 PM
:eek: omg!! Kim nearly knocked off court!

delicatecutter
May 17th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I'm loving this so much!! It's been nearly 10 years since I've seen Steffi play!!! :worship:

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 17th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I wouldnt watch this over the Rafa Roger match :shrug: Bad time to schedule it.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 17th, 2009, 03:02 PM

Let's see, the Brit commentators counted 4 smooches and 3 hand holdings. I counted one long hug, plus Stef giving Andre a bit of a soft pounding for hitting Kim with a return. LOL

Stef's serve looked a little dicey at first. Her forehand has a few glitches. Andre is looking pretty good to me.

No doubt they'll take it to a tie-breaker...on purpose. For us fans.

Dodoboy.
Kim is ready!

Great returns!

Definitely one of my favs already!

Dodoboy.
This >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rafa v Roger!

100%! I mean are you kidding me ¨

fnuf7
May 17th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I think the ATP & WTA should encourage more mixed doubles...don't know how they could get more with the shcedules as they are but they should. I love watching mixed doubles :)

kati830728
May 17th, 2009, 03:04 PM
are there photographers?

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Fight Kim!

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Terrific hands from Kim!!!

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Is John Lloyd one of the commentators? I think so, and he sucks. The roof is a bit distracting visually to me in the long shots. It's very bright white, and I prefer the camera shots that don't show the roof.

ce
this is great :lol:
i love mixed doubles too :hearts:

Mikey B
come back for wimbledon kim!!!!!

pollison
May 17th, 2009, 03:06 PM
This >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rafa v Roger!

100%! I mean are you kidding me ¨

Easily!

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM
are there photographers?

Yes. They took "official" photos to start with. Expect photos at the major sites later.

Dodoboy.
God, i hate clay court tennis! Can we just get these 3 weeks over with :yawn:

delicatecutter
C'mon Graf/Agassi!!! Dream team!! :worship: :bowdown:

Dodoboy.
They all have such great hands!

fnuf7

They're not really saying that much, they're counting the kisses, hugs etc. Talking about how good it is to see each of them back & talking about how both of them still have great timing even after how ever many years.

Joe.
May 17th, 2009, 03:10 PM
God, i hate clay court tennis! Can we just get these 3 weeks over with :yawn:

i agree there is nothing better then grass court tennis:) although i am looking forward to Roland Garros:D

Slutiana
May 17th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Wow, the tennis just went up a whole new level.

Joe.
May 17th, 2009, 03:14 PM
tim and kim won:D

fnuf7
Some of these points are SO good to watch! I know it's an exho & all but still it's been so nice to watch this mixed doubles match, all players playing well.

Dodoboy.
Match of the year BY FAR!

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Andre :worship: What a shot.:yeah:

delicatecutter
So close!!! Good job Princess Fiona/Timmy!!!

ElusiveChanteuse
:lol: I'm obviously behind this..Still 5-5 here.:p

Mina Vagante
May 17th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Tim and Andre kissed :rolls:

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 03:16 PM
get kim back!!

come back now!

She looks so good out there!

At least come and play doubles at wimbledon :crying2:

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Please come back Steffi!

Just EVERYONE come back :sobbing:

delicatecutter
May 17th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Give Steffi a Wildcard!!!

Dave.
May 17th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Steffi wants a wildcard!!!!

:sobbing:

ElusiveChanteuse
Awww...:lol:
Andre and Tim kissed.:rolls:
Pretty entertaining.:D

:bounce: More please.:rocker2:

Dawson.
Andre - "My wife is so much better at tennis than Tim's wife"

:rolls::rolls::rolls:

Dodoboy.
http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/p5/20090517/15/1623170162.jpg

saul1333
kim looked great.

awesome to see all of them again.

fnuf7
May 17th, 2009, 03:19 PM
MORE singing...ah well it's to give the old guys a rest before their singles match ;)

Keegan
May 17th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I so wish Steffi would genuinely return. She's in great shape and she'd probably win a couple of titles.

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Go away Katherine! You stupid slag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

gaaahhh!!

Dave.
May 17th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Watching Kim I'm so excited she is coming back but Steffi, gosh what a LEGEND! I could watch her all day, her game is simply perfect, that technique! Can't wait for the singles matches now.

ce
May 17th, 2009, 03:21 PM
this match reminded me how womens tennis suck at the moment,i am sick of Safina vs Wozniacki finals (ex) :sobbing:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Stef and Andre are so funny. Stef asking for that "last wild card" was great. Heck, if only she'd take it! Andre saying that his wife played better than Tim's wife -- funny as always.

Very entertaining. Too bad Stef and Andre lost that tiebreak though...

Singing again. YUCK. Sorry, I'm not a fan.

delicatecutter
Haha why is she singing some opera version of "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)"?? :haha: :help:

Dave.
Kathrine >>> Beyonce

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Katharine :hearts:

wales1994
May 17th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Go away Katherine! You stupid slag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

gaaahhh!!

Excuse me! :o Katherine :hearts:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Kathrine >>> Beyonce

:rolls: For Dodoboy, right?:haha:

:o What a version.:tape:

Mikey B
May 17th, 2009, 03:24 PM
if steffi came back she'd definitely win something this year!!!! haha! mr and mrs agassi should play the mix dubs...

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 17th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Stef's serve needs to improve before the singles against Kim. At least she didn't mishit on the racquet rim as Rafa did today against the Djoker! I could NOT believe that. The commentators said that they only remember Kournikova mishitting a serve that badly.

I thought Andre was a hoot when he told Kim to move back and she refused, then her aced her ass! Hehehe. All in good fun though.

Geoffry
Steffi and Kim on the same court. How '99 of them. :p

Fun match!

Dodoboy.
Beyonce>>>>>Slag

Would it have been SOO HARD to get Beyonce to sing At Last!

That would have been PERFECT :inlove:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Will Leona come out too?:inlove: :rolls: Too much to ask for.:o :p

Dodoboy.
Oh God!

That woman :sobbing:

Geoffry
Rafa :lol:

Oh great, they've invited Murray too. :o

Keegan
May 17th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Andy is a generally moody person. Doesn't look too happy.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 17th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Okay, they've made this into an informercial for the roof! Nice to see Andy. I wasn't a fan until this year.

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Should be LADIES FIRST :o

Dave.
May 17th, 2009, 03:30 PM
OMG I knew his mug would have to make an apperance :o

We can talk all about Steffi, Andre etc. but SUE is the real star of the show :hearts: :worship:

ElusiveChanteuse
Andy :yawn: No wonder he's losing early in Madrid.:p

Dodoboy.
I love those men! :haha:

Andre is so funny!

The Dawntreader
May 17th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Beyonce>>>>>Slag

Would it have been SOO HARD to get Beyonce to sing At Last!

That would have been PERFECT :inlove:

Yeah her huge ego wouldn't budge but for a huge paycheck:rolleyes:

She's great that way:wavey:

Dawson.
May 17th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Yes. Lets have the women play a doubles match then force them to play singles 5 minutes later. How gentleman like... :lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 03:32 PM
We'll surely see the Williams and Fed making advertisements like Nadal did earlier.:p

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Yes. Lets have the women play a doubles match then force them to play singles 5 minutes later. How gentleman like... :lol:

Let the ladies have a rest. They certainly need much rest than men.:p especially poor Kim got hit by Andre.:ras: :angel:

Play_Suspended
We'll surely see the Williams and Fed making advertisements like Nadal did earlier.:p

Fed's already done one.

Dodoboy.
Hopefully SOME female does something :o

But knowling the AE - more men :rolls:

Geoffry
May 17th, 2009, 03:34 PM
We can talk all about Steffi, Andre etc. but SUE is the real star of the show :hearts: :worship:
True indeed! :hearts: She should've played a match too, against Wade or so. Her game won't have deteriorated that much since the late seventies, has it? :p

V-MAC
May 17th, 2009, 03:35 PM
BBC 1 or 2 aren't even showing this:rolleyes:

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Murray is so uninspiring! :sad:

Still like him but he's the typical englishman, bores me to tears!

delicatecutter
May 17th, 2009, 03:36 PM

He's Scottish!! :tape:

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Anyone watching the Fedal match? How is Nadal playing?

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 03:37 PM
He's Scottish!! :tape:

Well British, all the same :p

irma
Poor Cliff. I read they forbid him to sing!

wales1994

He's not even English :lol: He's Scottish :p

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 17th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Should be LADIES FIRST :o

Save the best for last! ;)!

Sexysova
May 17th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Federer vs. Nadal *6-4 5-3 ; Nadal serving :p

Sexysova
May 17th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Federer *6-4 5-4 ; will serve for the match.. SERVE IT OUT!! :D

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Fed's already done one.
Missed the first hour they showed it just now.:o Thanks.:yeah:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Fed might choke.:tape:
or else, I guess Nadal is very kind to Fed, giving him a title this season.:p

Dodoboy.
The women's match is going to be a lot more interesting than this fh fest! :lol:

ce
Fed choke is starting :hearts:

Sexysova
May 17th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Roger just saved two bps :bounce:

ElusiveChanteuse
Fed choke is starting :hearts:

IKR.:tape:

Dodoboy.
:haha: Fed choking!

Does Kim have a coach?

Sexysova
May 17th, 2009, 03:46 PM
deuce :o

Sexysova
May 17th, 2009, 03:46 PM
ace on second serve :hearts: MP #1 :woohoo:

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Can they be a bit quicker :sad:

Sexysova
:lol:

MP #2.. this post order should be fixed :o

Slutiana
Mp

Slutiana
GSM :speakles:

Sexysova
ACE!!! Federer won :hearts: :woohoo: :aparty:

eck
May 17th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Nadal :tape:

But Roger should thank part of his win to Djoker. :p

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Safina = Nadal on clay this season :eek:

saul1333
May 17th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Fed needed a dead tired Nadal.

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 03:49 PM
:woohoo: Thanks Nadal for partially tanking it.:p

Ok. Back to Andre vs Tim guys. :hatoff:

FORZA SARITA
May 17th, 2009, 03:50 PM
:woohoo:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 03:51 PM
:lol: Back to Wimbledon or else this thread's gonna be closed.:secret: :angel:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 17th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Granted, I'm only watching from TV. But, it seems to me there is a lot of really loose line calling in these matches! Particularly on serve.

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Is it me or do you think they have 'rigged' the exo matches so all the matches are played until tiebreak?:p

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Granted, I'm only watching from TV. But, it seems to me there is a lot of really loose line calling in these matches! Particularly on serve.

Who cares.:lol: It's just an exo.:shrug:

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 04:00 PM
The men look like they are about to faint!

Makes us appreciate the fitness it takes to play a set at pro level!

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 17th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Anyone feeling that the ball bounce is still ridiculously high, but the speed has increased DRAMATICALLY?

ElusiveChanteuse
Yeah.

BTW, are all the matches played in a set only?

jdog3008
Is it me or do you think they have 'rigged' the exo matches so all the matches are played until tiebreak?:p
Kim might want a real match as practice? :confused:

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Agassi is stunning!

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 04:07 PM
The court is a LOT faster :drool: Maybe watching clay for the past month is influencing our judgement :lol:

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Agassi inducing orgasms all over England :drool:

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 17th, 2009, 04:11 PM
The court is a LOT faster :drool: Maybe watching clay for the past month is influencing our judgement :lol:

But the bounce of the ball is still... well, ridiculously high. Something like on clay....

moby
May 17th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Allez! I get coverage on TV.

But damn. I missed the mixed doubles. (For a good case though: the Madrid final)

The ladies singles is going to be played now right?

saul1333
I really miss Andre. He is such a great guy.

Dodoboy.
Go figure, Henman still sucks. And we still love him!

Agassi :bowdown:

calico_101
May 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Is there no working live stream?

ElusiveChanteuse
They just don't want this to end even Agassi has like many MPs.:rolls:

ElusiveChanteuse
Agassi :worship:
Tim :hug:

Now bring on the women!!!:bounce:

Dave.
Tim and Andre :worship: Loved the match!

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 04:15 PM
But the bounce of the ball is still... well, ridiculously high. Something like on clay....

Good news for Ana?:angel:

Geoffry
May 17th, 2009, 04:15 PM
And there's Boris... Wouldn't be Wimbledon without his German English accent. ;)

gumoll
May 17th, 2009, 04:16 PM
no livestream? :sobbing:

Yasmine
May 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM
And there's Boris... Wouldn't be Wimbledon without his German English accent. ;)
indeed: :haha:

Yasmine
May 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Poor Cliff. I read they forbid him to sing!
:tape::lol:

jdog3008
May 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I really wish Wimbledon would return to the fast courts.

Tennisstar86
May 17th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I really wish Wimbledon would return to the fast courts.

they seem pretty fast to me....

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
May 17th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Who cares.:lol: It's just an exo.:shrug:

Hey, it's all good. I'm enjoying it, but STILL this is competition.

p.s. I know that I'm just a "cheesy" American as someone called me recently, but I don't appreciate the Brit commentators. I did like Virginia Wade. But right about now, I wouldn't mind Johnny Mc, or Martina N, or Jimmy C, or even Mary Carillo. To spice things up a bit.

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Come on Kim! Crush her!

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Let's open a WWW: Steffi or Kim thread.:lol:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Who is the lady with Boris? Anyone know?

Dodoboy.
Kim :sad: Focus, she must expect a lot from herself. Please win!

moby
May 17th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Steffi outforehanding and outwinnering Kim. :worship:

Kim is just waiting for Steffi's UEs. :(

irma
May 17th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Who is the lady with Boris? Anyone know?

It's his future wife (I guess). on www.bild.de you have Becker tv showing them in a real life show

and no I never watched :p

Tennisstar86
May 17th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Kim :sad: Focus, she must expect a lot from herself. Please win!

If she loses this set it'll be tragic for her comeback

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Steffi is remarkable!

moby
May 17th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Come back, Steffi. :sobbing:

Only winner from Kim so far was thanks to a netcord. :lol:
Steffi has about 5 already.

Play_Suspended
May 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Shit, Steffi's playing well so far, Kim's going to have to up her game.

Dodoboy.
May 17th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Steffi should be coming back :lol:

Come on Kim, tighten it up!

moby
May 17th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Win Wimbledon and save tennis, Steffi!

Bagel Kim!

ElusiveChanteuse
May 17th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Steffi should not play backhand slices.:lol:

ElusiveChanteuse