With Jankovic's loss, the four top seeds for the French Open will be:

(1) Safina

(2) S. Williams

(3) V. Williams

(4) Dementieva

That is, barring any withdrawls.

CloudAtlas
May 15th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Safina and Dementieva final please , (that's assuming Caro loses before SF :p)

RenaSlam.
May 15th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Step to this!

Edinboro
May 15th, 2009, 07:46 PM
nice to see dementieva make the 4 seed.

Caillou
May 15th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Looks Like A Solid Top 4 To Me

Noctis
May 15th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Serena would like to put JJ In her quatre.

CloudAtlas
May 15th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I wanna see a 1R match between Serena and Sharapova :drool:

Miss Amor
May 15th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Wonder who would get Kuznetsova in their quarter :eek:

youizahoe
May 15th, 2009, 07:53 PM
(1) Dinara vs (3) Venus
(2) Serena vs (4) Dementieva

Noctis
May 15th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I wanna see a 1R match between Serena and Sharapova :drool:

not happening Maria gets a special seeding

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 15th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Yes , Elena will get better courts as 4th seeded

starred06
May 15th, 2009, 07:56 PM

the special seeding will be used for tournament entry purpose only, not for actual seeding in tournaments right?

starin
May 15th, 2009, 07:57 PM

is this true?

great job Venus !!
first time she's been a top 4 seed at a slam since Wimbledon 2003 I think.
Hopefully she makes good use of it!

homogenius
May 15th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I wonder how many of these 4 will be in SF.
QF will be interesting.

santhuruu
May 15th, 2009, 08:06 PM
is this true?

great job Venus !!
first time she's been a top 4 seed at a slam since Wimbledon 2003 I think.
Hopefully she makes good use of it!

Wasn't Venus the number 3 seed at the Australian Open 2004, I mean she did have a special ranking though in 2004 at the first three Grand Slams of this year.

I have to say that I'm surprised that Venus got her number 3 ranking back before Roland Garros. But I like the seedings as well!

I also hope for a Dementieva vs Serena semi-final and a Safina vs Venus semi-final!

Knizzle
May 15th, 2009, 08:08 PM
not happening Maria gets a special seedingI think she will have a special ranking, not seeding. Though I think she should, but if I'm not mistaken the WTA doesn't give special seedings anymore.

doni1212
May 15th, 2009, 08:10 PM
the special seeding will be used for tournament entry purpose only, not for actual seeding in tournaments right?

Yes, that is correct.

hankqq
May 15th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I wonder who will get Kuznetsova :lol: :scared: and will we see another Venus-JJ quarter? :rolls: At slams it seems they are placed together so frequently :lol:

Danči Dementia
May 15th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Elena :bounce:

QUEENLINDSAY
May 15th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Does the top4 seeds really have much differences ( in chances) compare to the nest 4 seeds ( seeds 5-8)?
specially Kuznetsova and Ivanovic?

Dodoboy.
May 15th, 2009, 08:22 PM
(2) S. Williams

(3) V. Williams

Beautiful, hope Vee doesn't get Kuzzy! And that Ree gets past R1 :o

AnnaK_4ever
May 15th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Safina, Dementieva, Kuznetsova, Azarenka in the top half, Serena, Venus, Jankovic, Ivanovic in the bottom half -- this is my draw prediction.

SAEKeithSerena
May 15th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Safina, Dementieva, Kuznetsova, Azarenka in the top half, Serena, Venus, Jankovic, Ivanovic in the bottom half -- this is my draw prediction.

agreed.:)

DragonFlame
May 15th, 2009, 09:21 PM

Im hoping for:

Safina, Venus, Jankovic, Kuznetsova

Serena, Elena, Azarenka, Ivanovic

;)

(i expect vera won't play)

Realistically, i expect this :o:

Safina, Dementieva, Jankovic, Ivanovic
Serena, Venus, Azarenka, Kuznetsova

Expat
May 15th, 2009, 09:23 PM
top half
safina
kuznetsova
jankovic
venus

bottom half
serena
ivanovic
vika
elena

sammy01
May 15th, 2009, 09:26 PM
so what is the top 32 seeds looking like, i know momo and patty can move higher, but we should have a top 32 seeds now?

frenchie
May 15th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I don't care as long as Venus and Serena are in opposite sides

darkangel5452
May 15th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I don't care as long as Venus and Serena are in opposite sides

As if they can meet in the final:lol:

youizahoe
May 15th, 2009, 10:14 PM
As if they can meet in the final:lol:

One will be in the final. And btw SU isn't an abbrevation, next time you give a bad rep, at least do a good one. Fail.

Knizzle
May 15th, 2009, 10:30 PM
As if they can meet in the final:lol:They've done it before.......

And they were #2 and #3 going in last time they did it, roles are reversed now though, instead Serena is #2 and Venus is #3. And they ended RG as #1 and #2. Hopefully, they will repeat this feat.

Bijoux0021
May 15th, 2009, 10:57 PM
They've done it before.......

And they were #2 and #3 going in last time they did it, roles are reversed now though, instead Serena is #2 and Venus is #3. And they ended RG as #1 and #2. Hopefully, they will repeat this feat.
That's my hope as well.

Matt01
May 15th, 2009, 11:00 PM
They've done it before.......

:tape:

TomTennis
May 16th, 2009, 12:17 AM
(1) Dinara vs (3) Venus
(2) Serena vs (4) Dementieva

Yes. Please!

VenusSerenaBlvd.
May 16th, 2009, 02:07 AM
I don't know what to expect. I could see the draw having both Williams Sisters in the same half. But I could be wrong. But since I'm not happy with their clay season, I'm looking forward to Wimbledon. If they do well at FO, their Wimby rankings most likely be 1 and 2 (with Vee as number 1).

madlove
May 16th, 2009, 02:09 AM
solid top 4. i hope dementieva will win. about time...

Lord Choc Ice
May 16th, 2009, 02:34 AM
solid top 4. i hope dementieva will win. about time...
I know. Seriously, Dinara's peaking too early, JJ's in questionable form, Ivanovic is just in plain bad form and Serena and Venus rarely play their best at RG. This really could be Dementieva's time.

spartanfan
May 16th, 2009, 03:07 AM
I know. Seriously, Dinara's peaking too early, JJ's in questionable form, Ivanovic is just in plain bad form and Serena and Venus rarely play their best at RG. This really could be Dementieva's time.
While I agree with 99% of your analysis, I don't agree with you conclusion. This years French is pretty wide open. Last year with Justine out of the picture, Serena would naturally pick up her second French Open title. But this year? Good god, Venus and Serena have been a hot shitty mess on clay. Really since Venus played Acapulco. Dementieva already burned out for the year. She been bitching about playing too much since Indian Well, yet she still plays almost every week. What gives Elena? Are the taxes that hight in Russia? Or are you having to pay off the Russian mafia too, just to keep your family safe? Safina I think will burn her self out before getting into the second week at Roland Garros. I mean really who made out this girls schedule? The Serbian girls are both in tennis regression, but Jankovic is just now starting to find a little form. Azarenka still seems to have her head in the clouds over beating Serena Williams in Miami. So who does that really leave us with who have big stage and big match experience? Amelie Mauresmo and Svetlana Kuznetsova. Could you imagine that final? The head case vs. the head case? Can I get a ticket refund please?
So in summary, I fear that this years French Open will be one big ole steaming pile of shitty matches, with yet another instantly forgettable final.

Direwolf
May 16th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Amazing

Direwolf
May 16th, 2009, 03:53 AM
I just noticed that
Safina-Serena-Dementieva all reached the semis in melbourne

SeVen007
May 16th, 2009, 04:09 AM
While I agree with 99% of your analysis, I don't agree with you conclusion. This years French is pretty wide open. Last year with Justine out of the picture, Serena would naturally pick up her second French Open title. But this year? Good god, Venus and Serena have been a hot shitty mess on clay. Really since Venus played Acapulco. Dementieva already burned out for the year. She been bitching about playing too much since Indian Well, yet she still plays almost every week. What gives Elena? Are the taxes that hight in Russia? Or are you having to pay off the Russian mafia too, just to keep your family safe? Safina I think will burn her self out before getting into the second week at Roland Garros. I mean really who made out this girls schedule? The Serbian girls are both in tennis regression, but Jankovic is just now starting to find a little form. Azarenka still seems to have her head in the clouds over beating Serena Williams in Miami. So who does that really leave us with who have big stage and big match experience? Amelie Mauresmo and Svetlana Kuznetsova. Could you imagine that final? The head case vs. the head case? Can I get a ticket refund please?
So in summary, I fear that this years French Open will be one big ole steaming pile of shitty matches, with yet another instantly forgettable final.

I agree this FO is WIde Wide Open.

Safina: Don't let her good clay court matches fool you, alot of her matches IMO she won because of her coach. She won't have his help at the Fo during matches. So anything can happen.
Serena: I'm just hoping she makes it out of the 1st round :lol:
Venus : She has been playing ok, and if she plays a little better i can see her doing much better than she did last year.
Dementieva: I really don't know what to say about her, she hasnt been playing like she did at the start of the year.

SeVen007
May 16th, 2009, 04:15 AM
I hope the draw is like this.
Top Half: Safina,Venus,Jankovic,Azarenka, Wozniacki
Bottom Half: Serena,Dementieva , Ivanovic, Kuznetsova

Renalicious
May 16th, 2009, 04:56 AM
So weird seeing Venus at #3. :lol:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 16th, 2009, 06:29 AM
I just noticed that
Safina-Serena-Dementieva all reached the semis in melbourne

Also in the US Open

miffedmax
May 16th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Seven007 is right, though. Lena's gone a little cold after a hot start to the season and is back to having Mommy Vera as the only coach in her camp. :mad:

Even big bro Seva does better. I hope I'm wrong, but I have somewhat diminished expectations vs. her form over the last few slams (semis). Mind you, I don't expect her to be awful. But I don't expect to do any better than last year. Not that a QF would be bad.

I dunno. I'm just kind of down on her chances (not down on her, I still worship the clay she slides on). Maybe the stress and strain is getting to me after 10 years.

Lord Choc Ice
May 16th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Seven007 is right, though. Lena's gone a little cold after a hot start to the season and is back to having Mommy Vera as the only coach in her camp. :mad:

Even big bro Seva does better. I hope I'm wrong, but I have somewhat diminished expectations vs. her form over the last few slams (semis). Mind you, I don't expect her to be awful. But I don't expect to do any better than last year. Not that a QF would be bad.

I dunno. I'm just kind of down on her chances (not down on her, I still worship the clay she slides on). Maybe the stress and strain is getting to me after 10 years.
What about not peaking too early like she did before AO. She's made the semis of three clay events remember. I'd say it's more of a warm-hot period after a scorching start to the season.

miffedmax
May 16th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I was invited to an S&M party once. I mentioned I was a Dementieva fan.

They kicked me out. Said they didn't need sickos like me giving masochism a bad name.