May 15th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Amélie :yippee: :yeah: :bounce:

Agnes :hug:

Costanza
May 15th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Allez!!!

iGOAT
May 15th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Ugh that was really lame, it seemed like Ágnes didn't even try for the last two sets :o. Whatever, good tournament, better luck at Roland Garros, where she will be seeded :hearts:.

Duramont
Amélie in semifinals of a Premier Mandatory :worship: :hearts:

She handed out two breadsticks in last two sets. :drool:

Now make the final Amélie! Allez!

G&R
a great first set from both,there were lots of winners
then agnes disappeared and amelie kept playing very good and she looks very fit too she moved so well today

Libertango
May 15th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Congrats to Amelie.
Agnes looks like Scott Neal (Brit actor) :p
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3812/scottheadshotapril07b.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scottheadshotapril07b.jpg)

améliemomo
May 15th, 2009, 02:26 PM
good recovery from amelie after not a very good first set, agnes was playing very agressive during that set.
Then she calmed down and constructed much better her points,good serve,great net play once again.

Semi finale baby.

Allez keep going Amé!:kiss::cool::cool:

agnes great week;)

Davodus
amelie :banana: win the whole thing!

Alex03Maccy
yes amelie! allez pour le semi finals!

hablo
May 15th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Momo's serve really helped in the last two sets!! At some point, eurosport showed that Amélie won 25/32 pts at the net!!!! Keep this up!!! :bowdown:

Very good first set from Szavay! I really like her game. :hug:

I have no idea how Mauresmo's game will match-up vs Wozniacki's... In any case, good luck and I hope you bring your serve from the start of the match this time!!!! ALLEZ!!!! :devil:

Sharpie4me
May 15th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Make the finals Momo :)

ElusiveChanteuse
May 15th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Momo actually looked struggled a little against Agi in the first set but Agi just went :weirdo: after that first set.:p
But Momo did play very well after that. :yeah:
Please beat Caro and reach final.:rocker2:

Dinayer
May 15th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah :banana:

Momo :hearts:

oleada
May 15th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Momo :banana:
Plz beat Pushniacki!

VIKA?
Agi:weirdo:

Navratil
How can you not adore the way Amelie is playing?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikey.
May 15th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Really well done by Amelie. Nice win. :yeah:

Agnes seemed to just fade away after she was broken at the beginning of the 2nd set. :unsure: She's had a good run though. :D

seltorin
Agnes had problem with her hip. She didn't want to risk RG.
Anyway congrats to Amelie!

Agi good tournament!

pollison
ALl the way baby!

faboozadoo15
May 15th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Very pleased with Amelie's brilliant maneuvering. Her game is really fun to watch when she plays like today.

STILL, the first set was the highest quality, and Agnes won it. She has the tools; she needs a coach. I'm happy that she's at least gutting out a few tough wins in her tournaments now, and she'll be seeded at RG. I thought skipping the green clay tournaments would be a disaster for her (ranking-wise), but she's pulled herself up by the bootstraps.

Weemee
May 15th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Long live the single handed backhand, Amélie is so beautiful to watch *in many ways* when she is flowing and confident....long may it continue....

Go all the way our brave bronzed warrior!

As Europsport said "The renaissance continues...!"

mon72
May 15th, 2009, 02:34 PM
the first set was a joy to watch. Both of them played very well especially Agnes. I hope Amelie will do well and win the whole tournament. Agnes :hug:

hablo
May 15th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Long live the single handed backhand, Amélie is so beautiful to watch *in many ways* when she is flowing and confident....long may it continue....

Go all the way our brave bronzed warrior!

As Europsport said "The renaissance continues...!"

Do you get British Eurosport? Would love to hear their comments; they're usually complimentary towards Amélie! :lol:

Don't really like the French Eurosport ones: way too cheerleader-ish. :o

Weemee
May 15th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Yep...they are very complimentary, were drooling over the strength of her single BH today :D

They are painfuly middle class sometimes tho as well...still it's kind of soothing to hear them bimble along in the background

Gerri
May 15th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Yay :bounce: Two breadsticks :rocker2:

Keep up the good work!!

FedererBulgaria
May 15th, 2009, 02:44 PM
:bounce::yeah:

iGOAT
May 15th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Still lame Ágnes lost, especially like that :o. I hope MoMo wins the title though.

delicatecutter
May 15th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Good luck Momo!! Please beat Caro!! :hug:

hablo
May 15th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Still lame Ágnes lost, especially like that :o. I hope MoMo wins the title though.

I think she lost her focus. She'll learn with experience. ;)

AmeDevotee
May 15th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Do you get British Eurosport? Would love to hear their comments; they're usually complimentary towards Amélie! :lol:Don't really like the French Eurosport ones: way too cheerleader-ish. :o

As Weemee said, they were complimentary today, and even more so yesterday. :D

Great recovery, Amelie! :bounce: :worship: :bounce:

Agnes played well in patches - she just needs more consistency. And a coach would help. :hug:

Ceze
Didn't watch the match, but well done Amelie! :hearts:

Miss Amor
Momo :woohoo:

joão.
May 15th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Well done, Amelie! ;)

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 15th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Szavay just went away after hitting that backhand into the net on game point at 2-1 in the second set. She then hit two more errors to get broken and never recovered. Such a tame way to lose the match considering how she was bossing Mauresmo around the court in that first set.

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Do you get British Eurosport? Would love to hear their comments; they're usually complimentary towards Amélie! :lol:

Don't really like the French Eurosport ones: way too cheerleader-ish. :o

They said in the third set that Amelie is playing well but by looking at the score you'd think she was playing amazingly, which wasn't the case. They spoke about how Agnes fell away completely.

They love Amelie's game and the different style she plays. Love her topspin and her backhand.

hablo
May 15th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Yep...they are very complimentary, were drooling over the strength of her single BH today :D

They are painfuly middle class sometimes tho as well...still it's kind of soothing to hear them bimble along in the background

As Weemee said, they were complimentary today, and even more so yesterday. :D

Great recovery, Amelie! :bounce: :worship: :bounce:

Agnes played well in patches - she just needs more consistency. And a coach would help. :hug:

They said in the third set that Amelie is playing well but by looking at the score you'd think she was playing amazingly, which wasn't the case. They spoke about how Agnes fell away completely.

They love Amelie's game and the different style she plays. Love her topspin and her backhand.

Thanks.

I like how these commentators stick to describing the match ; it's refreshing in comparison to the US commentators who talk too much about off-court stuff. :o

fouc
May 15th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Kind of disappointing. I was rooting for Amelie, but Agnes really impressed me during the 1st set and I wanted her to win and then... well.

Miss Amor
May 15th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks.

I like how these commentators stick to describing the match ; it's refreshing in comparison to the US commentators who talk too much about off-court stuff. :o

The female commentators here are as refereshing as a giant turd.

Kart
May 15th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Amelie :hearts:.

The Dawntreader
May 15th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Mauresmo served her way out of the majority of trouble today. Her service action looks very polished to me recently, and she's mixing up the direction and pace well, so it's proving very effective. She really started opening up the court with her backhand too, exposing the ever so slight mobility issue of Szavay, especially when stretching for the backhand out-wide.

Agnes has such a beautiful game to watch when on. Such clean stroke preperation:drool:

Shame she couldn't string it all together, but it has been a turnaround tourny for her and should be happy with her upward progress. Seeded for RG now:D

Mauresmo could very much take this title now.

Alex03Maccy
May 15th, 2009, 03:14 PM
will this win move momo any higher than 16?

doni1212
May 15th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Yes!! Good job, Amelie!!

RenaSlam.
May 15th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Allez, Ame.

Sapphisto
May 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM

:haha::haha::haha:

So true... but damn that made me laugh.

I'd say that's a fair assessment. Like the champion she is, she found a way to win even though she wasn't at her best. ALLEZ et ENCORE UNE FOIS (ou deux ;))!!

Ciarán
May 15th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Amélie :bigclap:

Lord Choc Ice
May 15th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Well done Amelie!

If you beat Pushniacki you'll become one of my favourite players, not that I didn't like you before. :D

CrossCourt~Rally
May 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Its so awesome to see MoMo playing top level tennis again. She has such a beautiful game to watch when she is in form :hearts:.

InsideOut.
May 15th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Both have such smooth, flowing games when they're on. :hearts: Good win Amelie!!!! :bounce::bounce: Hopefully Agnes will learn from this loss, she has such a great game for clay :hug: I hope she can make a run at Roland Garros (but please don't beat my faves :sobbing:)

gmak
May 15th, 2009, 05:00 PM
momo :yeah: :woohoo: :D
finding her form again :drool:

good luck in semis :rocker:

bad_angel_109
May 15th, 2009, 05:05 PM
:o allez momo! hooray! :hug:

mauresmofan
May 15th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Agnes played well I'd never really watched her play before but she is a very good player with great ground strokes and feel at the net which is refreshing to say the least. I think she was just tired after the first set and with Amelies spins you have to work so hard to compete. Great tourney though and well played. As for Amelie more of the same tomorrow please!

bobbynorwich
May 15th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Mauresmo served her way out of the majority of trouble today. Her service action looks very polished to me recently, and she's mixing up the direction and pace well, so it's proving very effective. She really started opening up the court with her backhand too, exposing the ever so slight mobility issue of Szavay, especially when stretching for the backhand out-wide.
Mauresmo could very much take this title now.

Momo is looking great on clay .... maybe the first female French Roland Garros winner in .... how long?

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/cmon.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0))

Pheobo
May 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Momo is looking great on clay .... maybe the first female French Roland Garros winner in .... how long?

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/cmon.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0))

9 years. The last was Mary Pierce

Way to go, MoMo! :bounce:

Joe.
May 15th, 2009, 06:02 PM
momo:woohoo:

Destiny
May 15th, 2009, 06:03 PM
nice :armed:

Aaron.
May 15th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Amelie! :D

propi
May 15th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Great to see Momo having nice results in such a big event, I really hope she can perform as well as here in Paris and forgets her menthal block, could be nice to see her winning her home slam :hearts:

Vamos Momo, este año SÍ!!! :bounce:

VivalaSeles
May 15th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Allez, Amélie :D :D This is just wonderful :D

BARBIE
May 15th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Amelie :banana: :banana: :banana:

homogenius
May 15th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Nice recovery once again :worship:

laurie
May 15th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Well done Amelie :clap2:

I like Agnes too :D - both players were trying to win the point at the net.

That's very unusual for the modern game. I'm still hoping and waiting for Agnes to come through.

Beat
May 15th, 2009, 06:53 PM
some classic tennis out there :hearts: pity szavay couldn't hold her level.
and - it must be stressed in these days of psycho games and neverending whining - both players were really classy and just getting on with business.

Emina.
May 15th, 2009, 06:53 PM
:worship:

laurie
May 15th, 2009, 07:06 PM
By the way, perhaps Madrid need to reduce ticket prices next year because the stadium was pretty vacant.

hablo
May 15th, 2009, 07:40 PM
and - it must be stressed in these days of psycho games and neverending whining - both players were really classy and just getting on with business.

So true.

young_gunner913
May 15th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Momo :hearts::worship:

hankqq
May 15th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Love 'em both :sobbing: I'm glad it went 3 sets :D

*Jean*
May 15th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Amélie :hearts: :bounce:

cn ireland
May 15th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Hard luck Agnes but still a great week!

Congrats to Amelie:yeah:!

Kitten63
May 15th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Well done Amelie!

LUVMIRZA
May 15th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Amelie:worship: Please beat that boring pusher tomorrow. Agnes:hug: Great to see her playing well again.

Barbarela
May 15th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Amelie even starts to make good amorties!!!!:lol::lol:

Agnes has a wonderful body movement!:worship:

Lord Choc Ice
May 16th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Can't wait for the semi. :drool:

Lapin
May 16th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Firstly I just want to say how impressed I was with Agnes' game, amazing shots that seem so effortless! I'm glad for her that she's climbing up the rankings again and should be seeded for Roland Garros! :)

Amelie! :eek: :D What a joy it is to see her playing this level of tennis again! :worship: The serve is becoming more of a weapon and especially got her out of so many break point situations! Great too to see her really sticking in matches and fighting even after the loss of a first set again! :bigclap:

Pasta-Na
May 16th, 2009, 01:15 AM
well done, momo. :)

Sally Todd
May 16th, 2009, 01:56 AM

:yeah: That is why I am a fan of both of these players and really hope that Agnes continues to build. She's the only promising young player out there with hints of Amelie in her game. If she goes onto the grass courts feeling confident, she can show this.

:clap2: for Amelie. I'd love it if she continued on like this in France.

:hug: and well done this week to Agnes.

madlove
May 16th, 2009, 02:07 AM
good win amelie. but you aint winning the tournament

Marcelo.
May 16th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Amélie :inlove:

Win the title now :awww: :bigclap:

mapaliey
May 16th, 2009, 03:15 AM
wow...momo now beat wozniacki......

danieln1
May 16th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Mauresmo has the game to win this whole tournament, I hope her head can handle just 2 more matches!!!!

Awesome result and confidence builder for Roland Garros, but that doesn´t really count anyway, now beat Caro and move to the final!!!

suzie
May 16th, 2009, 09:53 AM
So happy she made it! :D Keep it up, Amélie!

Corswandt
May 16th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Thursday Szavay didn't want to win, yesterday after the 1st set she seemed more keen on engaging in cute touch shot exchanges at the net than in winning points, when the initial game plan of overpowering Mauresmo from the baseline had been working just fine. Really odd to see a player known for her superb shot selection and court sense to take one wrong decision after another and pretty much self-destruct.

Maybe her coach said something to the effect of "Never mind the score, just go out there and enjoy yourself", and she understood it literally?

Maybe she was mentally shot/physically tired and trying to shorten the points?

:o either way.

Yes, Agnes, we know you have 10.000 times more flair in your left index finger than Wozniacki, Azarenka and Cibulkova put together, but that won't win you any matches. It will win you the adoration of Internet dorks such as Corswandt though. :hearts: Wide swing BH :hearts:

Mauresmo is serving huge and not making any needless errors. Will still lose to GOAT Wozniacki though.

shirley
May 16th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Well done Amelie! :D

Sexysova
May 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Agnes :o