PDA

View Full Version : $75,000 IS a lot of money Serena is right ESPN is wrong

Morrissey
May 14th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Yes Serena Williams is a multi millionaire but even Serena says she does NOT want to pay a $75,000 dollar fine that's a lot of money and she's right. So what if Serena is super rich $75,000 is a lot of cash for not playing a WTA event that's a stiff fine. Serena is correct why should she pay that fine. I believe ESPN and BBC just have an axe to grind against Serena. Serena knows MORE about the WTA rules then they do. Serena is also the BIGGEST star right now in tennis whether people like her or not. Serena is more famous and more accomplished then all the other players of her generation on the WTA tour. I never seen a woman that has accomplished so much get so little respect. No surprise though since Serena is a black woman in a white dominated sport. I can't wait until Serena's memoir comes out and I sincerely hope Serena writes a chapter about the RACISM in women's tennis. I want to read Serena's perspective about these racist bigots such as Bodo at ESPN, Mary Carillo and those other assholes such as Patrick and John McEnroe at ESPN television.

Uranium
May 14th, 2009, 10:36 PM
All you ever post about is racism, it's quite tiresome:o

volta
May 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Omfg can u just shut up? :o

homogenius
May 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Call Obama.

southern star
May 14th, 2009, 10:38 PM
She had already earned her $75000 by showing up and doing publicity. She is lying when she says she'd have lost the $75000 by withdrawing.

frenchie
You're right

but no need to bring the racial thing again

Alex03Maccy
it doesn't matter however small the amount is compared to her overall earnings, the fact is she worked her ass off for that money and she shouldn't have to give it to anybody because she's injured, it's hardly her fault.

Craig.
Yes Serena Williams is a multi millionaire but even Serena says she does NOT want to pay a $75,000 dollar fine that's a lot of money and she's right. So what if Serena is super rich $75,000 is a lot of cash for not playing a WTA event that's a stiff fine. Serena is correct why should she pay that fine. I believe ESPN and BBC just have an axe to grind against Serena. Serena knows MORE about the WTA rules then they do. Serena is also the BIGGEST star right now in tennis whether people like her or not. Serena is more famous and more accomplished then all the other players of her generation on the WTA tour. I never seen a woman that has accomplished so much get so little respect. No surprise though since Serena is a black woman in a white dominated sport. I can't wait until Serena's memoir comes out and I sincerely hope Serena writes a chapter about the RACISM in women's tennis. I want to read Serena's perspective about these racist bigots such as Bodo at ESPN, Mary Carillo and those other assholes such as Patrick and John McEnroe at ESPN television.

You're worse than court70. And that's saying something :tape:

NoChokes
Did anyone hear the joke about the chip and the shoulder?

volta
May 14th, 2009, 10:40 PM
All you ever post about is racism, it's quite tiresome:o

Not only that but as a serena fan ud think that he would stop this bs threads that only bring even more hate towards her

Morrissey
May 14th, 2009, 10:42 PM
It is a racial issue when the biggest star in women's tennis is a black woman and her the people that have an axe to grind to against her are consistently WHITE REPORTERS. Bodo, ESPN television, BBC, and the rest always pick on Serena.

Craig.
May 14th, 2009, 10:43 PM
It is a racial issue when the biggest star in women's tennis is a black woman and her the people that have an axe to grind to against her are consistently WHITE REPORTERS. Bodo, ESPN television, BBC, and the rest always pick on Serena.

ohmy :o

Can't wait to see you get banned.

volta
May 14th, 2009, 10:44 PM

do us all serena fans a favor and fucking hit alt+f4.

southern star
May 14th, 2009, 10:44 PM
"doesn't matter however small the amount is compared to her overall earnings, the fact is she worked her ass off for that money and she shouldn't have to give it to anybody because she's injured, it's hardly her fault."

No one has to play injured. She's lying when she says she'd have been fined for withdrawing. She had already earned the $75000 by showing up and doing publicity work.

No one has to play injured. She's lying when she says she'd have been fined for withdrawing. She had already earned the $75000 by showing up and doing publicity work.

It takes a while to get the message through to some people but we'll get there eventually.

Morrissey
May 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM
I disagree that Serena is lying she knows the WTA rules and you don't. Serena is the BIGGEST draw in women's tennis and yes even more famous then Sharapova.

faboozadoo15
May 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM
When a multi-millionaire is quibbling over some money being shaved off their year end BONUS for not doing their job, and people flock to their support, something is wrong in this world. It makes Serena look greedy, petty, and lazy. You've got to take these fines to the chin when you want to play your own schedule and have that kind of money.

homogenius
May 14th, 2009, 10:46 PM
It is a racial issue when the biggest star in women's tennis is a black woman and her the people that have an axe to grind to against her are consistently WHITE REPORTERS. Bodo, ESPN television, BBC, and the rest of those motherfuckers always pick on Serena.

and as you know, 99% of us are racists as well so why bother ?

bobbynorwich
http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_oak.gif (javascript:void(0);)- -http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_oak.gif (javascript:void(0);)- -http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_oak.gif (javascript:void(0);)- -http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_oak.gif (javascript:void(0);)- -http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_oak.gif (javascript:void(0);)

Morrissey
It doesn't matter that Serena is a multimillionaire the point is $75,000 is HER MONEY. Serena EARNED her MONEY through hard work and she doesn't want to pay the fine.

southern star
May 14th, 2009, 10:48 PM
"It doesn't matter that Serena is a multimillionaire the point is $75,000 is HER MONEY and she doesn't want to pay the fine it's a matter of principle are you so fucking stupid to not get it asswipe!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jonathanoverend/2009/05/serena_wrong_over_wta_rules.html

It takes a while to get the message through to some people but we'll get there eventually.

Alex03Maccy
May 14th, 2009, 10:48 PM
my point exactly. she shouldn't have to give anything to anyone because of an injury.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 10:49 PM
You do realise her comments on the money were tounge in cheek? :tape:

southern star
May 14th, 2009, 10:51 PM
"she knows the WTA rules "

I agree, Morrissey. She DOES know the rules, which is why I use the word "lying" rather than "mistaken". If I thought that, somehow, she just didn't understand the very simple WTA rules, I'd have said "mistaken".

She didn't have to play. She just had to show up, either during this event or on any one of three other dates in the future if it wasn't convenient right now, and fulfil some publicity commitments, to have the penalty waived. She had ALREADY fulfilled these commitments before she played her match at Madrid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jonathanoverend/2009/05/serena_wrong_over_wta_rules.html

QUEENLINDSAY
May 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM
enough of this please!!

faboozadoo15
May 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I disagree that Serena is lying she knows the WTA rules and you don't. Serena is the BIGGEST draw in women's tennis and yes even more famous then Sharapova.

:rolleyes: Speaking of an axe to grind...

faboozadoo15
May 14th, 2009, 10:53 PM
my point exactly. she shouldn't have to give anything to anyone because of an injury.

She's not having to "give" anything. It's taken out of her year end bonus which she gets for doing the contract she's agreed to do. If she doesn't do what's asked, she makes less money.

Alex03Maccy
May 14th, 2009, 10:58 PM
she shouldn't HAVE to do anything. where's the freedom of choice? no wonder some players resent the WTA.

Optima
May 14th, 2009, 11:07 PM
75,000 dollars is more than what I make in 10 years.

I'm waiting, find something racist about that as well.

southern star
May 14th, 2009, 11:08 PM
"she shouldn't HAVE to do anything. "

She doesn't have to do anything. She doesn't have to play tennis, even. It's just that the WTA is giving massive bonuses this year to top players, but they are taking a bit of money off those bonuses off top players

She doesn't need the bonuses at all, so she could simply say "To heck with you, I am going to do what I like". That's her freedom of choice, but instead she is acting as though the bonus is her God-given right, even if she doesn't fulfil the basic commitments required to earn those bonuses. And (worse) she is lying to her fans about it.

faboozadoo15
May 14th, 2009, 11:24 PM
she shouldn't HAVE to do anything. where's the freedom of choice? no wonder some players resent the WTA.

The bonus money from the WTA is for fulfilling tour obligations. If she doesn't do anything, she gets no bonus. What's so unfair about that?

darrinbaker00
May 14th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Serena Williams, or any other player, is free to retire from professional tennis and pursue other means of income. Besides, as it's been pointed out many times before, Serena had already fulfilled the necessary obligations to avoid the $75,000 fine.

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 15th, 2009, 02:21 AM
The question isn't the amount of money but the reason why she earns or doesn't earn the $$$. If it is taken out of BONUS money paid out at the end of the year, then I don't think Serena should complain because injured or not if she didn't fulfill the requirement to get the bonus, she shouldn't get it. Simple as that.

If it is an actual FINE where she has to PAY, then I think that is unfair considering the injury.

southern star
May 15th, 2009, 03:36 AM
"If it is an actual FINE where she has to PAY, then I think that is unfair considering the injury."

Then you'll be happy to learn that

1/ it is not a fine, just a reduction in bonus

and

2/ that no player ever receives a reduction in bonus because of injury. If they are injured, all they need to do is attend a publicity event to make up for it, and then they'll receive the full bonus.

Direwolf
May 15th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Shes the biggest thing there is??
then tell her to shut her big mouth
cuz the shit are just getting bigger and bigger...

Never seen such a women give the tour
disrespect...
Can't she be more humble??

Direwolf
May 15th, 2009, 05:46 AM
how much is
the air fare from
Florida->Madrid?
and her hotel rent?

Lin Lin
May 15th, 2009, 05:59 AM
You post would be perdect without this senstence:"No surprise though since Serena is a black woman in a white dominated sport."

StephenUK
May 15th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Sorry, Morrissey, you are wrong. Serena could have just done publicity and not played. All this is just a sob story.

Read Jonathan Overend of the BBC, who describes what Serena has been saying as 'hogwash'.

Serena wrong over WTA rules

Jonathan Overend | 20:15 UK time, Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Picking up the pay cheque has become a casual habit for many tennis players.

I once witnessed a top 10 star sauntering into a tournament office, having been thrashed unforgiveably, and the cheque was acquired with the smile of a lottery winner and the slyness of a pickpocket. A quick glance, to make sure there were sufficient zeros, and he was gone.

Players are creatures of habit - they like to use the same locker, eat at the same restaurant, not step on the lines - and the pocketing of the cheque has become a habit too. Not a moment's thought. Rich man's RSI.

Of course for guys and girls lower down the rankings this is an essential pay day, the only way they can survive on the costly tennis circuit. It's some of the millionaires who could do with showing a little more respect and gratitude, one in particular.

Serena Williams is a magnificent tennis player who retains the ability to play everyone else off the court.

Her "Serena Slam" of 2002/2003, when she won four successive major championships, is one of the finest achievements in the recent history of women's sport and, by outlasting many of her long-since-retired contemporaries, she has proved that a pursuit of healthy off-court interests can assist career longevity.

But over the course of her career too many people have nodded their head whenever she opens her mouth. People are scared of her; officials, umpires, opponents, yes even journalists. And this week, here in Madrid, things have got out of hand.

Serena, who has earned $24 million in prize money from the WTA over her career (and at least treble that with appearance fees and endorsements) claimed she is being forced to play in tournaments.

She said she would be punished if she didn't play and couldn't afford the fines. Folk nodded and wrote the stories.

She has cluttered airwaves, press conferences and even cyberspace with total disinformation and the record needs setting straight.

Since injuring her right knee in the final of the Miami tournament in April, she has played every event she has entered - Marbella, Rome and Madrid - without winning a match. Here in Spain she played one set against Francesca Schiavone before retiring.

On the Friday before starting in the Spanish capital, Serena sent out a tweet through Twitter: "I don't think it was a good idea to play Rome but I would have been punished so I played and now I am suffering but the WTA has RULES!"

She followed that by posting on her official website: "There are moments like now where I feel they don't care if you are headless if you don't play a tournament you are severely punished."

Francesca Schiavone consoles Serena Williams after she retired injured during their first round match in Madrid

After the Schiavone match, when asked whether she should have pulled out of the tournament rather than attempt to play, she said: "I'm not into just throwing thousands and thousands of dollars away [in fines]. I'm remodelling a house and, I don't know about anyone else, but it's a lot of money to me."

"I mean, that's my whole furniture bill and some stairs, rugs, that can go a long way."

The clear implication is that she feels forced into playing through injury by an overly strict WTA rulebook. A rulebook she clearly hasn't read properly.

Nobody is forcing an injured player to play a match, that clearly would be insane and irresponsible. What the WTA has introduced, for its premier tournaments, is a requirement for injured players to turn up to the venue, shake a few hands, do some media and sponsor work.

If those commitments are fulfilled - and a medical certificate is produced - the fine for not playing will be waived. The player can even turn up on any one of three nominated dates in the future, if more convenient.

Serena Williams would not have been fined for pulling out of her match with Schiavone because she had already honoured her commitments and the suggestion that she would have been fined $75,000 was total hogwash.

The same situation was true in Rome - a bit of handshaking and publicity work and the fine would have been waived.

The WTA has not particularly helped itself by having such a complex tournament structure (and a rulebook which clearly some players cannot follow) but they are totally justified in demanding more from their stars.

Good people, from Florida to London, work tirelessly on basic salaries to try to get millionaires more millions. The least they can ask is a bit in return and Serena's ranting is just plain rude to those who, amongst other things, have secured equal prize money at Wimbledon.

Away from Madrid, where the much vaunted new stadium "The Magic Box" has been short on atmosphere and has been critisised by the players, diplomatically in public, more colourfully in private, Richard Gasquet is starting his fight to clear his name from allegations of drug taking.

The former Wimbledon semi-finalist tested positive for cocaine in Miami and has been provisionally suspended by the International Tennis Federation (ITF) pending a tribunal hearing.

The Frenchman protests his innocence but needs a world-beating legal team to get him out of this one. It's a sad story and a potentially career-ending development for someone who is perceived as mentally fragile and not particularly worldly-wise.

His suspension is under the World Anti Doping Agency (Wada) code, rewritten in January this year, which no longer protects athletes' anonymity after positive tests. Suspensions are now the norm until the tribunal sits, but this was not the case five years ago when tennis faced one of the biggest drugs scandas in sporting history.

Remeber the "Nandrolone Seven" from 2004? Seven players tested positive for the banned steroid but were acquitted on a legal technicality so their names never came out.

I was told at the time, by a very well-placed informant, that at least one major international star was in that group. If the affair had happened now, that star would be firmly in the dock - suspended, named and undeniably shamed. Lucky them.

As for Gasquet, he thought the win of his life was at Wimbledon 2007 when he blitzed 100 winners past Andy Roddick to retrieve a two-set defecit in their quarter-final. A victory in a very different court later this year would be even bigger and, unfortunately for him, even more improbable.

Monica_Rules
May 15th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Quite frankly Serenas argument that $75,000 is a lot of money as she needs it for new carpets adn furniture for her house is disgusting in this time of global recession. It is a lot of money yes but for her its like £200 to your average person.

Plus clearly Serena hasn't read the road map properly she could have just turned up at Rome and Madrid and done publicity, had a great time visiting both cities and not lost a penney.

Alex03Maccy
May 15th, 2009, 10:19 AM
she shouldn't have to turn up just to do that. i'm sure she'd rather be at home resting and getting treatment.

The Dawntreader
May 15th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Racism is such a cheap reference in this context.

Serena doesn't even have to pay a fine, so what's with all the drama?

bad_angel_109
May 15th, 2009, 10:22 AM
thats a lot of money, and she's right to say that she doesnt want to pay the $75,000 fine. stupid ESPN

4tennis
May 15th, 2009, 10:25 AM

Serena is most Egoistic player in tennis world today! She's word from Rome is more then egoistic and stupid. $75.000 is way that she move all from the real problems... on first way from she's disaster condition and on second from she's disaster play! You are wrong... BBC and ESPN know much more about tennis rules then Serena. Serena is obviously better player then BBC and ESPN journalists but that don't mean automatically that she know anything better then people which analyst each day hours and hours all of players and al of tennis.

Also, as "we know who real No. 1 is" maybe now all other players want to show to "No. 1" that she can lose each tournament in first round. My support to all of WTA players against egoistic Serena until she don't give public apology to all because stupid words from Rome.

JadeFox
May 15th, 2009, 10:30 AM
The bonus money from the WTA is for fulfilling tour obligations. If she doesn't do anything, she gets no bonus. What's so unfair about that?

Not only is it NOT unfair but that's pretty much how it works in the real world as well. If an ordinary person doesn't show up to work one day, they should not expect to get paid for that absence. Even in college, the same rule applies: If you don't turn in your term paper, you're going to get a zero.

There's nothing unfair about what has happened with Serena. She and some of her fans are just bitching for nothing.

DevilishAttitude
May 15th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Quite frankly Serenas argument that $75,000 is a lot of money as she needs it for new carpets adn furniture for her house is disgusting in this time of global recession. It is a lot of money yes but for her its like £200 to your average person.

Plus clearly Serena hasn't read the road map properly she could have just turned up at Rome and Madrid and done publicity, had a great time visiting both cities and not lost a penney.

I absolutely agree. She clearly is living in her own planet and has absolutely no idea of any kind of realism about this. While I can understand her complaints about the current system, her comments about needing new furniture for $75,000 are outrageous and classless. I don't know how she can be defended for this.

I don't understand why she can't just pull out either, its not like she's ever been worried about pulling out of event after event before. :tape:

bobbynorwich
May 15th, 2009, 05:25 PM
You do realise her comments on the money were tounge in cheek? :tape:
So if her $75,000 remodeling bill was a tongue-in-cheek explanation for not canceling Madrid, what's the real reason?

:confused:

Beat
May 15th, 2009, 05:54 PM

are you sure?

youizahoe
May 15th, 2009, 06:33 PM
She had already earned her $75000 by showing up and doing publicity. She is lying when she says she'd have lost the $75000 by withdrawing.

I highly doubt that is right what the wta said. What's the point of fining when you don't play if you can escape it by doing promotions?

homogenius
May 15th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Serena's got owned.Period.

SAEKeithSerena
May 15th, 2009, 06:35 PM
it doesn't matter however small the amount is compared to her overall earnings, the fact is she worked her ass off for that money and she shouldn't have to give it to anybody because she's injured, it's hardly her fault.
:worship::worship::worship::kiss::wavey:

youizahoe
May 15th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Serena's got owned.Period.

Not really WTA got owned by Serena, and that will never change.

faboozadoo15
May 15th, 2009, 06:48 PM
If $75,000 is a lot of money, why should she get it for doing nothing? Once again, it's a subtraction from a bonus that isn't even HERS yet.

youizahoe
May 15th, 2009, 06:49 PM
are you sure?

The WTA has so many rules that contradict other rules, I surely doubt that they understand it themselves :rolls:

youizahoe
May 15th, 2009, 06:51 PM
If $75,000 is a lot of money, why should she get it for doing nothing? Once again, it's a subtraction from a bonus that isn't even HERS yet.

Well the wta forced those bonuses because if they can give tournaments better line ups and more income, the WTA board will receive a bigger bonus at the end of the year. It's cheap money for the greedy wta board.

homogenius
May 15th, 2009, 06:54 PM

Some are really living in their own little world.

Dave.
May 15th, 2009, 07:05 PM
How is the thread starter still able to post here? All they post about is racism. :o

How exactly?

GavinC360
May 15th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I think 75,000 is a lot of money no matter how much money you make. it isn't all relative.

youizahoe
May 15th, 2009, 07:08 PM
How is the thread starter still able to post here? All they post about is racism. :o

How exactly?

To name just one; She didn't want to play Indian Wells while she had to and she didn't.

youizahoe
May 15th, 2009, 07:08 PM

Some can't understand the word called reality.

bobbynorwich
May 15th, 2009, 07:11 PM
the fact is she worked her ass off for that money

Uhmm ... Worked her ass off? Have you seen that rump recently?

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/506/thumbs/19.jpg (http://www.wtnphotos.com/showphoto.php/photo/122809/cat/506)

youizahoe
May 15th, 2009, 07:14 PM

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/506/thumbs/19.jpg (http://www.wtnphotos.com/showphoto.php/photo/122809/cat/506)

It's still smaller than that mold inside ur skull, you know, the thing you call your brain.

bobbynorwich
May 15th, 2009, 07:21 PM
It's still smaller than that mold inside ur skull, you know, the thing you call your brain.

:worship:

bobbynorwich
May 15th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Some can't understand the word called reality.

"In reality there was a match. She must not have been in reality."
-- Maria Sharapova responding to Serena Williams saying "Actually, I don't believe I played a Wimbledon final" concerning their last meeting, which the Russian won.

:cool:

HRHoliviasmith
May 15th, 2009, 07:39 PM

:haha: :haha: ya'll are nuts....

blamoh
May 15th, 2009, 08:24 PM
If you check the background of Morrisey, he or she is a white who
is trying to draw racial bashing against Serena. Just notice this
those who always talk about racism are the racists.
I know people would prefer their own kind and that is normal. Today things are different.

thegreendestiny
May 15th, 2009, 10:29 PM

Ok you can stop right there.
What the hell has Sharapova have to do with what you're bitching about?:o

darrinbaker00
May 15th, 2009, 10:38 PM

SCHWING!!
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Um, what was this thread about again?

sammy01
May 15th, 2009, 10:50 PM
threads like this are why the williams sisters are disliked and so are their fans.

the OP is obviously ignorant and doesn't know/understand the rules, then to add even more insult tries to tell people that its all down to race, like black people shouldn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else and if forced to its racist, do me a favour and piss off.

G1Player2
May 15th, 2009, 10:55 PM
threads like this are why the williams sisters are disliked and so are their fans.

the OP is obviously ignorant and doesn't know/understand the rules, then to add even more insult tries to tell people that its all down to race, like black people shouldn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else and if forced to its racist, do me a favour and piss off.

:lol: AT you disliking the WS because of their fans. :bs: You dislike them because you are bitter and jealous of their success/ :shrug: And you know it.

NoChokes
May 15th, 2009, 10:58 PM
It's not about race though. It's about Serena spouting off about something that is completly untrue.

There was never a fine. She'll still be able to afford her stairs and her rugs. It's all great.

sammy01
May 15th, 2009, 11:07 PM
:lol: AT you disliking the WS because of their fans. :bs: You dislike them because you are bitter and jealous of their success/ :shrug: And you know it.

im a fan of serena on court, venus im not, but prefer venus off court. the fans of both however for the most part of shit attitudes and are so delusional, though there are some great exceptions.

you are the worst of the lot, anything you like or support just makes me want to be completely unassociated with it, i actualy cringe that its tennis you follow it really doesn't need the likes of you.

p.s why the hell would i be jealous of someone that i don't know and dont even have the same profession as, in that case serenas jealous that i can design gardens and name plants in latin.

your logic and mind are just :help:

partbrit
May 15th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I think 75,000 is a lot of money no matter how much money you make.

I understand what you're saying, but the amount has to be put in some type of context. Serena said that was furniture money for her. To people (which would be most people) who cannot conceive of spending $75,000 for furniture, the amount takes on a different meaning. I'm not arguing for or against Serena; I'm just saying that most people would have a bit of a time thinking she was being hit hard by losing her $75,000 furniture allowance.

I'm not sure what the solution is. The WTA's rules do not make a lot of sense, and they seem to be quite flexible, depending on how they are interpreted, and for whom they are being interpreted. No one should be treated unfairly, regardless of how much money she makes.

bobbynorwich
May 16th, 2009, 01:25 AM
:lol: AT you disliking the WS because of their fans. You dislike them because you are bitter and jealous of their success/ :shrug: And you know it.

you are the worst of the lot, anything you like or support just makes me want to be completely unassociated with it.
Question: Has anyone ever read a post where G1Player2 didn't lash out at the opposing poster and instead actually debated the topic at hand? Just wondering.

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_uhm.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0))

Svetlana.
May 16th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Question: Has anyone ever read a post where G1Player2 didn't lash out at the opposing poster and instead actually debated the topic at hand? Just wondering.

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_uhm.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0))

aren't you asking too much? :haha: that troll on my ignore is for a reason

mapaliey
May 16th, 2009, 02:12 AM
she should be fined another 75.000 dollar for lost in first round. damn serena can u win a match before roland garros ??...lol....

G1Player2
May 16th, 2009, 02:14 AM
im a fan of serena on court, venus im not, but prefer venus off court. the fans of both however for the most part of shit attitudes and are so delusional, though there are some great exceptions.

you are the worst of the lot, anything you like or support just makes me want to be completely unassociated with it, i actualy cringe that its tennis you follow it really doesn't need the likes of you.

p.s why the hell would i be jealous of someone that i don't know and dont even have the same profession as, in that case serenas jealous that i can design gardens and name plants in latin.

Firstly, the only thing you know I support is Serena and tennis. That's it. So, if me liking Serena makes you want to be unassociated with her gifts and talents then so be it but you know you'd still dislike her with or without me being in the picture so you are not making sense. And, how does 'tennis not need me' as you so put it? Because, I defend my fave at all costs? As a fan of a player, I'd hope they'd do that with their faves as well if they feel passionate about it. You don't see me going into Jankovic and Safina and all the other player's threads because I simply don't care. I still watch them play but none of them I have any vested interested in so I am wondering why are you so obsessed about Serena along with many of the Serena trolls if you are no fan of her and despise her so much? I never posts about player's I don't like unless Serena is part of the discussion.

And, cut the crap. You are jealous because she beats your faves and it makes you miserable. Her winning makes you and other Serena haters so upset it isn't even funny. :lol: And, I don't mean jealous that you want to be her or be as good as her so it's not analagous to that garden business you have. You can still be jealous and envious of someone without having anything to do with what they do professionally.

G1Player2
May 16th, 2009, 02:15 AM

I don't lash out at opposing posters. Just calling out the obsessive and scary Serena hating trolls like yourself. :scared:

duhcity
May 16th, 2009, 02:20 AM
If you and Serena ever bothered to read regulations, you would have known that she could have withdrawn from Rome and Madrid without penalty if (and she did) show up and did publicity.

Plus it's not like the injury could've gotten worse with you know, the three matches she's played over a month and a half?

Lindsayfan32
May 16th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Serena knows the rules she just likes to think she above them. Thanks to the original poster for the laugh $75,000 is alot of money crap it is she should be fined double that for what she did. Everything is racism with her fans get with reality if a white player had done the same thing they would've been treated no differently. Could Serena do the tennis world a favour and retire then we wouldn't have any of these threats anymore. My heart bleeds for the poor little thing she thinks she so hard done by. She went and broke the rules the tour is enforcing them. :fiery:

bobbynorwich
May 16th, 2009, 02:45 AM
I don't lash out at opposing posters. Just calling out the obsessive and scary Serena hating trolls like yourself. :scared:

Oh wow, it's worse than I thought. Do you not see that calling a poster "obsessive" "scary" "hating troll" are perfect examples of lashing out and of the tone in almost all your posts?

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/nah.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)-http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/nah.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)-http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/nah.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

G1Player2
May 16th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Oh wow, it's worse than I thought. Do you not see that calling a poster "obsessive" "scary" "hating troll" are perfect examples of lashing out and of the tone in almost all your posts?

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/nah.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)-http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/nah.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)-http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/nah.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

A troll is someone who enters threads just to flame and start fights which is what I see you doing ALL the time. All of your posts revolve around Serena and what a horrible person she is and then you try to denigrate her and her results/success. I mean, do you have any fave players? :lol: This is real unhealthy IMO and I don't believe for a fraction of a second that you are a Venus fan. :bs:

SeVen007
May 16th, 2009, 03:24 AM
What if Serena could have been fined seeing that she already missed a mandatory event ?
I just think that maybe she was misinformed about the rules, or it could be that because she missed IW, she can't miss another Mandatory event, so she'll have to fork up the money this time.
I'm not sure about these new rules.

bobbynorwich
May 16th, 2009, 04:45 AM
I mean, do you have any fave players? I don't believe for a fraction of a second that you are a Venus fan.

Sweetheart, do your homework first. In the mean time, can we get back to the topic of Serena's $75,000 redecorating bill as the reason she had to play Madrid?

:rolleyes:

TennisViewer531
May 16th, 2009, 10:40 AM
$75,000 is definitely a lot of money! That's like 3.6 million pesos!

Destiny
May 16th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Serena loves to kid and i think she was in that comment but i do agree it is her money and if she doesn't want to give it up she shouldn't . her comment made me cringe when i heard it though