Yes!!!!!! Caro in the top 10 :D

Who's gonna bump up the Demska thread? :cool:

Jean-Henri
May 14th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Played well, very intelligent,
Congrats with #10 ranking

RenaSlam.
This was expected after Alisa beat Venus. Typical letdown.

Nice win, Caro. Welcome to the Top 10. :)

ElusiveChanteuse
A poor match in short.
Winners/UE: Alisa 19/44; Caro 8/21.:tape: Says it all.
But congrats to Caro for reaching top 10.:yeah:

JadeFox
There goes the WTA.

:bigclap: :woohoo: :p

frenchie
Geat match from Caro

She moved her opponent from side to side, drawing a lot of errors
and amazing defense as always

Welcome to the top 10 where you'll stay for a long time

Calliope.
May 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Carol :woohoo: :bounce: :worship:

allrounder
Well done Caro
Alisa - shocking performance 44 UE's from a match that only lasted 16 games. How did she manage to beat Venus and produce a performance like this.

Alex03Maccy
nice play caroline, nothing too flash just did what you had to do, very mature. well done on getting into the top 10. wozniacki v mauresmo semi?

Vanity Bonfire
If Wozniacki ever becomes number one then the WTA Tour is doomed.

The Daviator
May 14th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Totally deserving entry to the top 10 :yeah: We'll have a top 10 player that can actually win several matches every week, unlike some current ones we have :o

M.P
Finally Top 10 WD Caro

AK :hug: u will be there not so soon

Slutiana
nice play caroline, nothing too flash just did what you had to do, very mature. well done on getting into the top 10. wozniacki v mauresmo semi?
Thats all she ever does. :rolleyes:

moby
Thank God.

It would have been a dark day for WTA if an unfit slow-moving inconsistent error-machine had won.
Good play to expose Alisa's awful defense and erratic offense.

Welcome to the top 10, Caro. Try to go for a few more winners though? :unsure:

gmak
May 14th, 2009, 06:32 PM
congrats caro on reaching top10 :)
alisa had a letdown just like AO :sad: :hug:

i'd love to see a caro vs momo semi :drool:

Noctis
May 14th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I am happy Caro is in top ten aleast she is consistent.

Alex03Maccy
if it works why not, she's not as boring to watch as some of the moonballers.

terjw
WD Caro. Glad she's made the top 10.

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Thank God.

It would have been a dark day for WTA if a slow-moving inconsistent error-machine had won.

Welcome to the top 10, Caro. Try to go for a few more winners though? :unsure:

I don't think Caro had an opportunity to go for more if Kleybanova hit 44 UE's in 1hr 20mins :tape:

Dodoboy.
May 14th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Well done Caro! Higher!

I hope she can make the final here :yeah:

moby
May 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I don't think Caro had an opportunity to go for more if Kleybanova hit 44 UE's in 1hr 20mins :tape:Good point. :tape:

That's 2 sets of UEs right there. Many of them coming within the first 5 shots of the rally.

DragonFlame
May 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Try to go for a few more winners though? :unsure:

In other matches then this one i would have probably agreed. But this match today she played perfectly tactic-wise. Kleybanova was going for broke, no need at all to try to outhit her for winners. There was no oppertunity to hit them. That would have probably got kleybanova's rythm going anyways.

She did well today! :)

delicatecutter
May 14th, 2009, 06:36 PM
No!!!! :bigcry:

Alisa was horrible today! All Caro had to do was get the ball in play (how convenient since that is her strategy anyway). :fiery:

Down with the pusher!!!

Beny
Wow...hope Caro plays Amelie next...and Caro prepares some tricky passing shots :devil:

FormerlyKnownAs
F#¤^* all the denegraters, haters and trolls, Caroline is in the top 10 :devil::devil:
And that gives some good bonus payments from her sponsors.:bounce::bounce:

ElusiveChanteuse
I don't think Caro had an opportunity to go for more if Kleybanova hit 44 UE's in 1hr 20mins :tape:

She doesn't even need to do much. Just put the balls back into the court and let Alisa self-destruct.:tape:

In The Zone
May 14th, 2009, 06:37 PM
:bounce: Demska will no longer haunt WTAW! :worship:

Congrats Caroline.

Andreas
May 14th, 2009, 06:38 PM

Alisa was horrible today! All Caro had to do was get the ball in play (how convenient since that is her strategy anyway). :fiery:

Down with the pusher!!!

Who's that I see in your signature? Isn't it the famous Pusher from Poland? :p

дalex
Well done, Caroline. Congrats on reaching the top 10. :)

All Caro had to do was get the ball in play (how convenient since that is her strategy anyway). :fiery:

:haha:

joăo.
Well done, Caro! ;)

darkangel23
Caroline :worship:

Alisa :hug:

Myggen
May 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM
One word. Disgusting.

Taniaaa
May 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Caro:woohoo:

moby
May 14th, 2009, 06:40 PM
In other matches then this one i would have probably agreed. But this match today she played perfectly tactic-wise. Kleybanova was going for broke, no need at all to try to outhit her for winners. There was no oppertunity to hit them. That would have probably got kleybanova's rythm going anyways.

She did well today! :)Yes, Alisa knew she couldn't stay with Caro in the rallies, so she went for broke.

There were a few points where Alisa sent up a few short loopy balls (good point construction from Caro) and Caro just wasn't able to flatten the ball out. Instead, she sent them back without any interest and that set the point back to neutral. Just waiting for the UE worked, but sometimes Alisa managed to turn the point around. I don't think someone with such crappy defense should be allowed to go from defense to offense. :tape: That was frustrating to watch.

Obviously, Caro needs to practise this aspect of her game so that she can execute when she's forced to. It will be difficult with her quirky technique and late loopy swings, but it's a problem in her game she needs to solve if she wants to reach the highest echelons of the game.

M-K
Jesus.

kman
She doesn't even need to do much. Just put the balls back into the court and let Alisa self-destruct.:tape:

Yea, it's so easy. Just ask Venus...

The Dawntreader
As good a result it was for Wozniacki, let's not fool ourselves. Wozniacki doesn't willingly hit high loopy balls for some kind of astute purpose, it's all she knows. Despite Kleybanova's glut of errors, she'd still be playing the same. She has no urgency in her game to start going for aggressive shots under pressure. That is what seperates her from the elite at this stage, especially at majors.

That said, her top 10 entry is wholly deserved. She has worked hard for this.

thegreendestiny
May 14th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Whalebanova being pushed by Caro :haha:

Alex03Maccy
May 14th, 2009, 06:42 PM
maybe she still has time to develope more attacking strokes as at her age, she will learn she needs them to win a slam.

Sexysova
May 14th, 2009, 06:42 PM
well done Caro :D TOP 10 :hearts:

Jorn
May 14th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Well done Caro!! Congrats on TOP 10! :yeah:

Noctis
May 14th, 2009, 06:46 PM
:bounce: Demska will no longer haunt WTAW! :worship:

Congrats Caroline.

The Day has come :inlove:
*Flushes Demska to sewage*

delicatecutter
May 14th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Who's that I see in your signature? Isn't it the famous Pusher from Poland? :p

Radwanska goes for winners and can actually utilize some strategy out there. :p

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Caro has made at least the QF of all three Mandatory events so far :)

Ryan
May 14th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Caro :bounce: Totally deserving of this, I hope it shuts up, or at least humbles, some of the haters. :p

tonythetiger
May 14th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Congratulations Caroline! I'm glad you won, but I don't know why Venus didn't do the same thing.

TennisViewer531
Good job!

pwayne
Congratulations to Caroline for making the Top 10

kman
May 14th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Is she really the 100th player to enter top 10? (I think it was 100th anyway). Someone mentioned this in another thread...

She's also the first of the '90 generation :)

starin
May 14th, 2009, 06:57 PM
:worship: great job Caro.
Too a little bit longer than I though but got there in the end.

Venus :o:tape::help::lol:

And where is Demska, did he get banned again?

Frode
:woohoo:

So great to have her in the top 10:hearts:

pwayne
Yes!!!!!! Caro in the top 10 :D

Who's gonna bump up the Demska thread? :cool:

The thread has been reborn again :tape:

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 07:02 PM
The thread has been reborn again :tape:

I was gonna do it but I feared being banned :tape:

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 07:10 PM

Down with the pusher!!!
:rocker2: WE DONT WANT NO TOURNAMENT-WHORING JOURNEYWOMAN IN THE TOP 10!! :bowdown:

12th tournament of the year and we're not even half way through yet. :) No wonder she's top 10.

kman
May 14th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Actually it's amazing that she can play so many tournaments without crashing out in the first few rounds in any of them. That's more than can be said for most of the other top 10 players. She might not have the highest top level, but she has one of the highest bottom levels and that translates into some great consistency result-wise.

3 finals (1 win, 2 losses) and 3 QFs in mandatories so far this year. Not bad at all.

With that said, she might want to slow down a little. If it hadn't been for that ridiculously demanding schedule, she could've won Charleston.

I read that she plans to go back to Monaco to prepare for FO after this tournament so I guess that means she's skipping Warsaw after all?

AnnaK_4ever
May 14th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Another match Wozniacki hits less than 10 winners :worship:
Well, not that she had to go for the winners today as Kleybanova was awful.

"She doesn't do anything. She only waits for your mistakes" -- Kleybanova's coach after the first set. He must be a Caro-hater too :lol:

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 07:40 PM
^I dont blame him. :)

M-K
May 14th, 2009, 07:42 PM

"She doesn't do anything. She only waits for your mistakes" -- Kleybanova's coach after the first set. He must be a Caro-hater too :lol:

:lol:

And you should have heard the Danish commentator being busy telling how wrong he was every uhm lets see.. the five or so times where Wozniacki scrapped a winner together.. :rolleyes:

delicatecutter
May 14th, 2009, 07:44 PM

She doesn't do ANYTHING and it is INFURIATING!! :mad: And then for her to have this huge grin on her face after the match like she had won the lottery, or you know hit more than 8 winners?? I just don't get it. :confused:

kman
May 14th, 2009, 07:49 PM

Yea, our Danish commentator (who speaks Russian) translated that, then stated her disagreement as Caroline proceeded to make a winner right after the break. "That'll shut him up" :D She just beat your player 6-2 6-2 "without doing anything". Back to the drawing board sir :lol:

AnnaK_4ever
May 14th, 2009, 07:55 PM
The final point, that overhead missed by Kleybanova, must be one of the most ridiculous match points ever. It summarises the whole match just perfectly.

kman
May 14th, 2009, 07:56 PM
The final point, that overhead missed by Kleybanova, must be one of the most ridiculous match points ever. It summarises the whole match just perfectly.

Alisa knew that was the only way she could prevent Caro from bringing the ball back :lol:

FormerlyKnownAs
May 14th, 2009, 07:59 PM
She doesn't do ANYTHING and it is INFURIATING!! :mad: And then for her to have this huge grin on her face after the match like she had won the lottery, or you know hit more than 8 winners?? I just don't get it. :confused:

Why not grin when you have just achieved your part goal for 2009 already May 14th and earned bonuses from your sponsors by getting into tne top 10.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Exactly. One of the most boring top 10 players in the history of the sport for sure. If not, dare I say, THE most boring player. :speakles:

Viktymise
May 14th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Alisa knew that was the only way she could prevent Caro from bringing the ball back :lol:

Hmmmm no. That would have been the Charleston final. :drool:

FormerlyKnownAs
May 14th, 2009, 08:02 PM

Whatever it takes to get the job finished :devil::devil::devil:

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Exactly. One of the most boring top 10 players in the history of the sport for sure. If not, dare I say, THE most boring player. :speakles:

For a boring player she seems to have an awful lot of people talking about her , more so than most of the top 10.

Inger67
May 14th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Congrats Caro! Top 10! :) I like how all the haters are now saying she'll never get top 5.. :rolleyes: Just get over it. She's 18 and already in the top 10, obviously that speaks a lot about her maturity and her game. She will be playing tennis for a long time to come and you can bet she will add a lot more hardware and wins to her name. I knew you would do it this year Caro!

FormerlyKnownAs
May 14th, 2009, 08:07 PM
For a boring player she seems to have an awful lot of people talking about her , more so most of the top 10.
Exactly, if I find anything boring be it football, tennis, film, tv or haters I stop watching and get on with my life.;););););)

AnnaK_4ever
May 14th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Congrats Caro! Top 10! :) I like how all the haters are now saying she'll never get top 5.. :rolleyes:

By "all the haters" you mean banned Demska who hasn't even posted in this thread??

markhingis
May 14th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Wozniacki's fave player is Hingis, so no wonder she plays hingis-like game. It's good for WTA that there are players like Wozniacki and Radwanska with more variety in their game.

~{X}~
May 14th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Caro! :D Welcome to the Top 10!!!!!

AnnaK_4ever
May 14th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Wozniacki's fave player is Hingis, so no wonder she plays hingis-like game. It's good for WTA that there are players like Wozniacki and Radwanska with more variety in their game.

Wozniacki and Hingis play nothing alike.
Wozniacki doesn't have a variety in her game. Inability to hit an outright winner doesn't make you a versatile player.

kman
May 14th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I love the haters and I love to see Caroline make their piss boil. It's half the fun to be honest.

frenchie
May 14th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I just love that "pushing" thing about Wozniacki:lol:

I guess Caro haters had to find something to bash on her and they just came up with that "pushing thing":lol:. She's not a ballbasher for sure but come on, she's not a pusher:o

Smashnova is one, not Caro

I guess it's a good sign for Caro, that means she's becoming successfull:confused:

Come on Pushniacki, go for the top 5:worship::devil:

delicatecutter
May 14th, 2009, 08:18 PM

What an insult to Hingis. What variety is in Wozniacki's game? The occasional moonball? She may be Top 10 because she is consistent, but she is not that talented as it's evident what happens when she plays someone who is actually talented. 2009 Charleston final, anyone? :worship: :drool:

Wozniacki and Hingis play nothing alike.
Wozniacki doesn't have a variety in her game. Inability to hit an outright winner doesn't make you a versatile player.

:haha: It's funny cause it's TRUE.

kman
May 14th, 2009, 08:24 PM
What an insult to Hingis. What variety is in Wozniacki's game? The occasional moonball? She may be Top 10 because she is consistent, but she is not that talented as it's evident what happens when she plays someone who is actually talented. 2009 Charleston final, anyone? :worship: :drool:

Lisicki is talented but she's 19 and still isn't close to top 10. Caro is 18 and there already. Lisicki has 1 title. Caro has 4. And to be honest, a big reason why Lisicki won that match was because Caroline had a 2.5 hour single match against Dementieva followed by a 1.5 hour double match the night before the final, not to mention her insane tournament run prior to that. And it's not like Caroline hasn't beaten Lisicki before.

"In the final against Lisicki I was totally drained for energy but I tried my best. Lisicki played very aggressive and was attacking every ball. I played too short and Lisicki took advantage of the short balls. I was a bit disappointed after the match but after some hours I was very happy for what I achieved during this tournament." - Caroline

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Thats even an insult to Radwanska. :tape:

KanSuke
May 14th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Congrats Caroline :D :yeah:

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Lisicki is talented but she's 19 and still isn't close to top 10. Caro is 18 and there already. Lisicki has 1 title. Caro has 4. And to be honest, only recent Lisicki won that match was because Caroline had a 2.5 hour single match against Dementieva followed by a 1.5 hour double match the night before the final, not to mention her insane tournament run prior to that. And it's not like Caroline hasn't beaten Lisicki before.

"In the final against Lisicki I was totally drained for energy but I tried my best. Lisicki played very aggressive and was attacking every ball. I played too short and Lisicki took advantage of the short balls. I was a bit disappointed after the match but after some hours I was very happy for what I achieved during this tournament." - Caroline
Well you wouldnt expect her to say "I was 100% today and got beaten by the better player!!"

I saw the match and Caroline played exactly the same way shes played every single match she has played in since she came onto the tour.

charlieluvtennis
May 14th, 2009, 08:28 PM
:bowdown: Caro - Top 10! :bowdown:

AnnaK_4ever
May 14th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Thats even an insult to Radwanska. :tape:

Indeed.

At least Radwanska has played ONE match in her career when she was going for the winners and mixing it up at the same time -- 2007 Stuttgart 2R vs Kuznetsova.

The Dawntreader
May 14th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I don't know why people object so profusely when someone like AnnaK_4ever says she has no obvious weapon. It's so true!

I'm not labelling Caro as a pusher. I've always stated her style of play as 'indistinct'. She posseses virtually no attacking shots. Yes the odd winner carries merit, but where is that intent on a regular basis.

There is a reason why she hasn't gone deep in a Slam. It's palpable in my eyes anyway.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:30 PM
For a boring player she seems to have an awful lot of people talking about her , more so than most of the top 10.
And yet none of them are talking about how exciting her game is, quite the opposite, actually.
I love the haters and I love to see Caroline make their piss boil. It's half the fun to be honest.
Caroline doesn't "make" anything happen. 8 winners, 8 WINNERS!

bobbynorwich
May 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM
http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/owned.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

P.S. I love Caroline, but she is boring to watch.

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/verysad.gif (javascript:void(0);)

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Indeed.

At least Radwanska has played ONE match in her career when she was going for the winners and mixing it up at the same time -- 2007 Stuttgart 2R vs Kuznetsova.
And USO 2007 vs Maria and Eastbourne 2008 Final vs Nadia. :bowdown:

And Aga does have a nice game sometimes.

delicatecutter
May 14th, 2009, 08:33 PM
And it's not like Caroline hasn't beaten Lisicki before.

Sabine choked that match away as she has done many times in the past. It's nice to see she's finally starting to get that aspect of her game together.

Even Azaranka, who is totes horrible on clay, had no problem dismissing Caro like the lightweight she is last week in Roma.

Niunia
May 14th, 2009, 08:33 PM
:woohoo::woohoo:Caroline !:D

Alisa:haha:

heart
May 14th, 2009, 08:35 PM
congrats caro!
at least your tournament whoring this past few weeks paid off:p
but yeah you deserve it:hug:

kman
May 14th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Well you wouldnt expect her to say "I was 100% today and got beaten by the better player!!".
She's not afraid to say "she was the better player today". She's done that many times in the past when she's been beaten convincingly.

I saw the match and Caroline played exactly the same way shes played every single match she has played in since she came onto the tour
No, she didn't. Her balls were way too short and she could barely move.

But anyway, it matters not. Fact remains:

Caroline-Lisicki head-to-head: 1-1

Lisicki: 19 y.o., 1 title, ranked outside top 30

Wozniacki: 18 y.o., 4 titles, ranked top 10

That's all that matters :kiss:

TheFifthAvocado
May 14th, 2009, 08:39 PM
And USO 2007 vs Maria and Eastbourne 2008 Final vs Nadia. :bowdown:

And Aga does have a nice game sometimes.

:worship:

The PVB semifinal was the worst. Lena Vesnina would hit amazing, aggressive shots, and Wozzy would hit a netcord (on a match point :sobbing:) or just block the ball back down the middle. Then there was Daddy Wozniacki being a drama queen about her injury. She's a less powerful and feisty version of Safina. Not too much to like about Car:yawn:line Wo:zzz:niacki.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:39 PM
She's not afraid to say "she was the better player today". She's done that many times in the past when she's been beaten convincingly.

No, she didn't. Her balls were way too short and she could barely move.

But anyway, it matters not. Fact remains:

Caroline-Lisicki head-to-head: 1-1

Lisicki: 19 y.o., 1 title, ranked outside top 30

Wozniacki: 18 y.o., 4 titles, ranked top 10

That's all that matters :kiss:
Uhhmm, I really could care less, im not a Lisicki fan. And we all know that Sabine has a better FUTURE than Caroline. There's only so far pushing and moonballing can get you...

charlieluvtennis
May 14th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Well said, kman :)

Blu€
May 14th, 2009, 08:41 PM
:bigclap::rocker::aparty: Welcome to Top 10 Caro!!

Derek.
Well done, Caro and welcome to the top 10! :banana:

C. W. Fields
If Wozniacki ever becomes number one then the WTA Tour is doomed.

Don't worry, Caro won't become #1 until 2011 so you'll have another two years to watch women's tennis! :devil:
Btw, that signature is a Shirley Temple quote, isn't it?

kman
May 14th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Even Azaranka, who is totes horrible on clay, had no problem dismissing Caro like the lightweight she is last week in Roma.

Clay is Caroline's worst surface too. Azarenka and Caroline are 2-2 head-to-head (including this year's Fed Cup), but Azarenka failed to make top 10 at the age of 18 like Caroline just did. She also has fewer titles than Caroline and is a total tantrum throwing diva on court despite her being the oldest, most experienced player.

Slutiana

The PVB semifinal was the worst. Lena Vesnina would hit amazing, aggressive shots, and Wozzy would hit a netcord (on a match point :sobbing:) or just block the ball back down the middle. Then there was Daddy Wozniacki being a drama queen about her injury. She's a less powerful and feisty version of Safina. Not too much to like about Car:yawn:line Wo:zzz:niacki.
Omg, you're right. Definatly. And to think that Dinaras game can be boring a lot of the time, Caro's is like that divided by 38490483908093.

AnnaK_4ever
Car:yawn:line Wo:zzz:niacki.

:haha:

FORZA SARITA
May 14th, 2009, 08:43 PM
alisa :weirdo:

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Clay is Caroline's worst surface too. Azarenka and Caroline are 2-2 head-to-head (including this year's Fed Cup), but Azarenka failed to make top 10 at the age of 18 like Caroline just did. She also has fewer titles than Caroline and is a total tandrum throwing diva on court despite her being the oldest, most experienced player.
Oh please, she plays exactly the same on every single surface, people are just less likely to hit every ball out on clay, hence why she loses more.

kman
May 14th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Not too much to like about Car:yawn:line Wo:zzz:niacki.

Vict:yawn:ria A:zzz:arenka.

Yeah, this is fun...

kman
May 14th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Omg, you're right. Definatly. And to think that Dinaras game can be boring a lot of the time, Caro's is like that divided by 38490483908093.

As long as you're watching and still talking about it hours after the match :worship:

TheFifthAvocado
May 14th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Vict:yawn:ria A:zzz:arenka.

Yeah, this is fun...

It's Shreika Basharenka. We're naming players according to their game style.

iPatty
May 14th, 2009, 08:50 PM

Of Safina? :scared:

Sucks that Wozniacki had to enter Top10, but I guess it was inevita...:yawn:...oops, I'm getting bored just talking about her. I appreciate different styles of play, but not when your style is to hit every ball with no spin right down the center of the court and wait for your opponent to miss.

cellophane
May 14th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Oh god. Kleybanova :o :o :o Venus :o :o :o :o :o :o

delicatecutter
May 14th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Clay is Caroline's worst surface too. Azarenka and Caroline are 2-2 head-to-head (including this year's Fed Cup), but Azarenka failed to make top 10 at the age of 18 like Caroline just did. She also has fewer titles than Caroline and is a total tantrum throwing diva on court despite her being the oldest, most experienced player.

I'm really not sure how age is relevant as players peak at different ages. The important thing is that Wozniacki's game is neither impressive or eye-pleasing, and is actually rather maddening. :fiery: I don't like seeing a player who has little talent, no variety, and almost no ability to make winners from the baseline inside the Top 10. And while I'm sure her MM tournaments are impressive to her fans, let me know when she wins a Tier I or a Major.

homogenius
May 14th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Kleybanova was probably tired but Wozniacki did what she had to do it seems.
Reaching top10 is a big achievement for a young player so she must be relieved to finally do it but I'm not sure she'll stay in for a long time.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:58 PM
As long as you're watching and still talking about it hours after the match :worship:
Nope, I tried to watch a bit of it but then I... :yawn:ed and turned over to the ATP. :hug:
Of Safina? :scared:

Sucks that Wozniacki had to enter Top10, but I guess it was inevita...:yawn:...oops, I'm getting bored just talking about her. I appreciate different styles of play, but not when your style is to hit every ball with no spin right down the center of the court and wait for your opponent to miss.
:rolleyes: Shes a very smart player and has VARIETY. :weirdo:

She can hit moonballs too, you know. :inlove:

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 09:00 PM
And yet none of them are talking about how exciting her game is, quite the opposite, actually.

And since when was that relevant? I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that people would spend so much time bitching about a player who they find "boring". Otherwise that'd kind of sad.
It is rather alarming how so many people who find her boring manage to go into detail about how she played in her present and previous matches , as though they forced themselves to sit through and analyse a "boring" player's entire match. Again , that's rather sad.

Not only that but they also manage to come up with "witty" jokes about someone who apparently they have no time for such as "Wo:zzz:niacki" (which I have to admit was funny the first time but since then has been used about 6000 times by attention seeking posters with no jokes of their own just to get repped , and so therefore has lost any humour it once had):hearts:

kman
May 14th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I'm really not sure how age is relevant as players peak at different ages. The important thing is that Wozniacki's game is neither impressive or eye-pleasing, and is actually rather maddening. :fiery: I don't like seeing a player who has little talent, no variety, and almost no ability to make winners from the baseline inside the Top 10.

Sure. But Caroline's game is stronger than Lisicki's game was at Caroline's age and her ranking reflects that. There's therefore not a lot of basis for saying Lisicki is more talented. Lisicki might not have peaked, but I don't think Caroline has either. Half the game is mental anyway and factors such as ability to read your opponent and handle pressure are at least as important as the ability to mass produce winners. If Caroline focused on increasing her number of winners, her UEs would probably go up as a result as is often the case with other players who makes lots of winners and that's not necessarily such a great thing. Anyway, Caroline is a sportswoman, not an entertainer. If you're bored watching her, you can choose not to.

kman
May 14th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Nope, I tried to watch a bit of it but then I... :yawn:ed and turned over to the ATP. :hug:
But you're still here :tape:

danieln1
May 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM
A very good player that totally deserves to be in the top 10!!!

That demska guy will eat shit... :haha: :haha:

And some people had the nerve to say that Alisa would blown Caro off the court, how was this match??

AnnaK_4ever
May 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I appreciate different styles of play, but not when your style is to hit every ball with no spin right down the center of the court and wait for your opponent to miss.

Wozniacki is s pusher but that ^ is not how she plays. She is a smart pusher and her shots placement is actually good. As for "no spin", have you seen her forehand? I bet she has never hit a flat one in her career.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 09:09 PM
And since when was that relevant? I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe that people would spend so much time bitching about a player who they find "boring". Otherwise that'd kind of sad.
It is rather alarming how so many people who find her boring manage to go into detail about how she played in her present and previous matches , as though they forced themselves to sit through and analyse a "boring" player's entire match. Again , that's rather sad.

Not only that but they also manage to come up with "witty" jokes about someone who apparently they have no time for such as "Wo:zzz:niacki" (which I have to admit was funny the first time but since then has been used about 6000 times by attention seeking posters with no jokes of their own just to get repped , and so therefore has lost any humour it once had):hearts:
Detail? There's no detail to go into about about game. Pushing, moonballing, pushing. Simple.
But you're still here :tape:
Yes, because you're still delusional.
Sure. But Caroline's game is stronger than Lisicki's game was at Caroline's age and her ranking reflects that. There's therefore not a lot of basis for saying Lisicki is more talented. Lisicki might not have peaked, but I don't think Caroline has either. Half the game is mental anyway and factors such as ability to read your opponent and handle pressure are at least as important as the ability to mass produce winners. If Caroline focused on increasing her number of winners, her UEs would probably go up as a result too as is often the case with other players who makes lots of winners and that's not necessarily such a great thing. Anyway, Caroline is a sportswoman, not an entertainer. If you're bored watching her, you can choose not to.
Lisicki is only just breaking through. Period. This is the classic case, the more defensive players always rise quicker than the offensive ones because there's just not as much in her game that can go wrong. Lisicki needs more time to find her game and hone in on her weapons and only now is she doing that. PERIOD.

Kworb
May 14th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Jankovic is a ball basher compared to this moonballing defense extremist.

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Detail? There's no detail to go into about about game. Pushing, moonballing, pushing. Simple.

And yet they somehow feel inclined to point it out EVERY SINGLE TIME :confused:
Even so it must mean they watched the match , unless they're just guessing , in which case it's representative of the typical detractors who just bash players even though they haven't even seen them play for months.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 14th, 2009, 09:13 PM
It sucks that a talented player like Pennetta never was top 10 and Pushnacki will be top 10 next week

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 09:14 PM
It sucks that a talented player like Pennetta never was top 10 and Pushnacki will be top 10 next week

The WTA awards consistency. When Penetta stops crashing out in the 2R of MM events where she's the top seed she may have a shot.

AnnaK_4ever
May 14th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Even so it must mean they watched the match...

Can't speak for others but I watch Caro's matches out of pure curiosity : will she ever hit more winners than her opponent during a match?

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Even so it must mean they watched the match , unless they're just guessing , in which case it's representative of the typical detractors who just bash players even though they haven't even seen them play for months.
fair enough about other players but this is Wozniacki, her game doesnt change. We all know exactly what she does. Its painfully obvious.

RenaSlam.
May 14th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Can't speak for others but I watch Caro's matches out of pure curiosity : will she ever hit more winners than her opponent during a match?

Probably not...but as long as she's winning these matches then it doesn't really matter.

Steff_forever
May 14th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Danish Dynamite strikes back: well done Caro !!! :yeah:

congrats for reaching the top10 ! :worship:

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 09:35 PM

:fiery::lol:

I didn't actually mean you by the way , you do tend to get on my nerves at times but your analysis actually seems fair, although by fair I mean you do actually tend to have an understanding of the game and apply a standard to all matches and not that I think you're always right :p

Petkorazzi
May 14th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Some people are sick. :shrug: Caroline's, as every other players goal is to reach the top. Whether some idiots enjoy how she does it or not, it's definitely not her business. :bigwave:

Emina.
May 14th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Caro :D:worship:

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Some people are sick. :shrug: Caroline's, as every other players goal is to reach the top. Whether some idiots enjoy how she does it or not, it's definitely not her business. :bigwave:
Sick? No one is saying she needs to die because her game is boring, we're just stating the obvious, which certain deluded fans refuse to see.

Petkorazzi
May 14th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Sick? No one is saying she needs to die because her game is boring, we're just stating the obvious, which certain deluded fans refuse to see.
Personally I think it's sick to discuss and bash her so much for how she plays. We got your point - You don't like her. But we don't really need a new thread every other week about that.

Piotr'ek
May 14th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Embarasing performance from Alisa. She is ins lump lately. She should have win this match easily.

M-K
May 14th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Lol you guys crack me up!!! Especially you, Slutiana! Thanks for the laughs!!! :D

Petkorazzi
May 14th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Talking like that - Will someone ever hit less unforced errors than her?

M-K
May 14th, 2009, 09:50 PM

LMAO!!:lol:

frenchie
May 14th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Everybody likes different styles of tennis, just accept it!
Personnaly the most boring players to me are the Shrieking-twins (Sharapova and Azarenka), Vaidisova, MLDB....

kman
May 14th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Personally I think it's sick to discuss and bash her so much for how she plays. We got your point - You don't like her. But we don't really need a new thread every other week about that.

Well said :yeah:

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Personnaly the most boring players to me are the Shrieking-twins (Sharapova and Azarenka), Vaidisova, MLDB....

Yep. I can't stand the power brand of tennis so for me Wozniacki is a breath of fresh air , I would rather watch her than some of the hard hitting ballbashers on tour as I like longer rallies.

frenchie
May 14th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Caroline is able to keep the ball in play, so what??
This is a very rare and refreshing ability those days

Do you want her to hit UE on purpose??

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Well she hit 20+ today....

Just one question, i'll stop criticising her but what do you guys like about her game then?

Dodoboy.
May 14th, 2009, 10:13 PM

Just one question, i'll stop criticising her but what do you guys like about her game then?.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6997/ad9da3fbbf30d946a312ea7.gif

delicatecutter
May 14th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Do you want her to hit UE on purpose??

That would be preferable, yes. :p

It's pretty sad when the most exciting aspect of your game is the ability to keep balls in play. :help:

Viktymise
May 14th, 2009, 10:16 PM

And what, may I ask, makes Vaidisova more boring than Borzniacki?

frenchie
May 14th, 2009, 10:20 PM

Just one question, i'll stop criticising her but what do you guys like about her game then?

I like the fact that she's able to keep the ball in play for more than 3 shots which is very rare nowadays:o
And, YES she has a smart game because she moves the ball around very well and vary the angles, heights and speed of her balls which often draws errors from her opponents. The french commentators were pointing this out a lot today

She has a good offensive game when she wants too. Just watch her match against Serena in Sydney when she had MPs.:)

To sum up, Caroline has no weeknesses in her game but a lot of strenghs (speed and accuracy)

I agree that most of the time she doesn't hit a lot of winners but it's not her fault if her opponents can't keep the ball in play:rolleyes:

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 10:23 PM
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6997/ad9da3fbbf30d946a312ea7.gif
That was an innocent question as well. :tears:

frenchie
May 14th, 2009, 10:25 PM
And what, may I ask, makes Vaidisova more boring than Borzniacki?

no natural talent
brain of the size of a bean
game relies on hitting every shots as hard as she can with her eyes closed
1 brilliant match for 100 error fests
overrated

That's just my opinion;)

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 10:28 PM
no natural talent
overrated

That's just my opinion;)
Hmmmmmmm......

Ingokoer
May 14th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I don't understand all the complaints about Caro. Did anyone noticed she is just 18 years old and has already won 4 tournaments and is entering the Top 10?

At the age of 18 you can't demand that a tennis player has its final game and will never change it. She's just 18 !!! She's still at the beginning of her career, so why you don't let her the time to let her game grow? Even all TV commentators say if one of the teenager players is playing and makes a silly mistake: "Well she is still young and will grow and learn".

So why to make a problem? Caro isn't 28 years old with having played the same style the last 12 years or so.

Viktymise
May 14th, 2009, 10:41 PM
no natural talent
overrated

That's just my opinion;)

Isn't having some natural ballstriking ability an inherent part of tennis talent? Certainly, Borzniacki has none of it. Her groundies have about as much flair as Yvonne Cheeseburger and all her matches are exactly the same. Talent is subjective, but Borzniacki makes the best case of all for it not to be.

Replace Nicole's one brilliant match, with Borzniacki's........... 0.

frenchie
May 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Isn't having some natural ballstriking ability an inherent part of tennis talent? Certainly, Borzniacki has none of it. Her groundies have about as much flair as Yvonne Cheeseburger and all her matches are exactly the same. Talent is subjective, but Borzniacki makes the best case of all for it not to be.

Replace Nicole's one brilliant match, with Borzniacki's........... 0.

Hitting 200 kmh FH 10 meters OUT is called talent:rolleyes:
I guess we can say Nicole and I are really talented:tape:

Viktymise
May 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Caroline has no weeknesses in her game

1) Inability to hit out-right winners from the baseline

2) Loopy FH

3) Predictable 2nd serve

4) Non-existant mid-court game

5) Overall groundstroke technique

Natash.
May 14th, 2009, 10:47 PM

Pretty sure she hit more winners against Wozniak in Wimbledon last year. Wozniak wasn't playing bad either.

Viktymise
May 14th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Hitting 200 kmh FH 10 meters OUT is called talent:rolleyes:
I guess we can say Nicole and I are really talented:tape:

And getting pushed around the court by MEC at the USO last year = future GOAT! :worship:

May I also ask why you have one of the most braindead players in the history of the sport in your sig, yet you continually blast on about those @"dumb blond bOLettierI bitchez!" so much?

V's a star
May 14th, 2009, 10:51 PM
holly shit Venus u fuckin loser :o

frenchie
May 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM
And getting pushed around the court by MEC at the USO last year = future GOAT! :worship:

who cares:rolleyes:

The thing is Caro reached top 10 today at the very beginning of her young career while Vaidisova is ranked 70 or something:help:

:wavey:

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I don't understand all the complaints about Caro. Did anyone noticed she is just 18 years old and has already won 4 tournaments and is entering the Top 10?

At the age of 18 you can't demand that a tennis player has its final game and will never change it. She's just 18 !!! She's still at the beginning of her career, so why you don't let her the time to let her game grow? Even all TV commentators say if one of the teenager players is playing and makes a silly mistake: "Well she is still young and will grow and learn".

So why to make a problem? Caro isn't 28 years old with having played the same style the last 12 years or so.

I fear your words will fall on deaf ears , you can't reason with an idiot. :)

Viktymise
May 14th, 2009, 10:55 PM

The thing is Caro reached top 10 today at the very beginning of her young career while Vaidisova is ranked 70 or something:help:

And? Borzniacki still blows.

Shvedbarilescu
May 14th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Top 50 wins since Wimbledon Wozniacki 31 Vaidisova 2.

Spiritof42
May 14th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Congrats to Caro on reaching this important career milestone. :yeah: :hatoff: :D

Although it has to be said, she did receive some help from Kleybanova today.

Caro :bounce: Totally deserving of this, I hope it shuts up, or at least humbles, some of the haters. :p

I very much doubt it, unfortunately. I certainly won't be holding my breath waiting for it to happen. Just look at this thread :lol:

frenchie
May 14th, 2009, 10:59 PM
And? Borzniacki still blows.

And you can kiss B:yawn:r:zzz:niacki's top 10 ass:o

delicatecutter
May 14th, 2009, 11:00 PM

Didn't Vaidisova hit the top 10 when she was still 17? :confused:

And if she ever gets it back together, Caro would cause no threat to her. Vaidisova has way more talent than Wozniacki. It's her head that's the problem.

Viktymise
May 14th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Top 50 wins since Wimbledon Wozniacki 31 Vaidisova 2.

And the resident TF pusher lobbyist tennis snob arrives.

yukon145
May 14th, 2009, 11:02 PM
great job Caro!

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 11:02 PM

And if she ever gets it back together, Caro would cause no threat to her. Vaidisova has way more talent than Wozniacki. It's her head that's the problem.

Yes because mental strength in tennis matches is only a minor detail isn't it?

Natural talent only accounts for so much , if you can't play well mentally then you might as well not play.

FoxyliciousKhat
May 14th, 2009, 11:04 PM
WTG CARO!!!!!

Foxy

Shvedbarilescu
May 14th, 2009, 11:07 PM
And the resident TF pusher lobbyist tennis snob arrives.

And what exactly makes me anymore a snob than you? I certainly show players, even those I don't like, more respect than you. And as you youself have pointed out I like some power hitters too.

But it is easier for you to pigeonhole people. Always has been.

delicatecutter
May 14th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Yes because mental strength in tennis matches is only a minor detail isn't it?

Natural talent only accounts for so much , if you can't play well mentally then you might as well not play.

But the hype around Wozniacki far exceeds her ability. Why is a player who doesn't have the talent or game to win Majors so worshipped and adored? That's what I don't get.

Ciarán
Congratulations Caroline :)

kman

See, that's one I'm trying to get at when I say that the mental game is half the game. The mental side of tennis has just as much to do with "talent" as the more physical / technical aspects. Wozniacki's fighting spirit and mental toughness is PART of her talent. It doesn't matter if you have solid ground strokes if you are a complete mental midget. Some people are just born more mentally fit for high level competition than others (= talent).

At the end of the though, you might have all the talent in the world, it's results that matter. And actually it's more impressive when a less talented person achieves the most than when a more talented person achieves the least. Think about it. It's like an old Lada winning a race against a Ferrari. The Ferrari has all the attributes to win because it was made so, yet still can't pull it off. That's embarrassing. The old Lada is the hero for overcoming its own shortcomings and prevailing despite the odds. Right now, according to you, Vaidisova is the Ferrari and Wozniacki is the old Lada winning the race.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 11:12 PM
There's not really much about her game that can get tight anyway.... She doesnt strike me as a tough as nails fighter a la WS, Sharapova, Safina... etc.

delicatecutter
May 14th, 2009, 11:16 PM
There's not really much about her game that can get tight anyway.... She doesnt strike me as a tough as nails fighter a la WS, Sharapova, Safina... etc.

And it's not like the match is really ever in her control. Any of the actually good players who are playing well should be able to beat her fairly easily as we have seen.

krystian
May 14th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Caro after today's match said:

The recipient of a first round bye in Madrid, Wozniacki said she has managed to do some sight seeing since she’s been in town.

“Fernando Verdasco’s family owns three restaurants here and we went to one of them the other night that has Flamenco dancing. There was great food and it was a very entertaining night so I recommend that,” said the tournament No.9 seed

I've heard something but is Caro with Fernando really a couple? :confused:

allrounder
May 14th, 2009, 11:21 PM
No i think they're just friends after training together in the US a while ago.

krystian
May 14th, 2009, 11:22 PM
yeah, i think the same as you tbh ;) thanks

kman
May 14th, 2009, 11:23 PM
And it's not like the match is really ever in her control. Any of the actually good players who are playing well should be able to beat her fairly easily as we have seen.

yea, like Dementieva whom Caroline beat three times in a row right?

Azarenka beat Caroline last two times, sure, but then she lost to Dulko and Szavay both of whom Caroline beat last time.

kman
May 14th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Caro after today's match said:

The recipient of a first round bye in Madrid, Wozniacki said she has managed to do some sight seeing since she’s been in town.

“Fernando Verdasco’s family owns three restaurants here and we went to one of them the other night that has Flamenco dancing. There was great food and it was a very entertaining night so I recommend that,” said the tournament No.9 seed

I've heard something but is Caro with Fernando really a couple? :confused:

I think "we went" is referring to her and her family, not her and Verdasco. They're just friends. They both spent a few weeks earlier in the year training with Agassi's physical trainer in the States so they got to know eachother there. Verdasco and his family probably invited other players too...

delicatecutter
May 14th, 2009, 11:35 PM
yea, like Dementieva whom Caroline beat three times in a row right?

Azarenka beat Caroline last two times, sure, but then she lost to Dulko and Szavay both of whom Caroline beat last time.

The only Top 10 wins she has this year are over Dementieva. That speaks to a match-up issue more than anything. The other top girls seem to be able to handle her pretty easily.

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 11:40 PM
The only Top 10 wins she has this year are over Dementieva. That speaks to a match-up issue more than anything. The other top girls seem to be able to handle her pretty easily.

People are just clutching at straws now.

Yes we can see that she can be dispensed of "fairly easily"....Serena had to go to 3 sets while saving MP's , Kuznetsova also got taken to three sets as did Jankovic who got dragged to three sets twice by her last year.

She's not played Safina and she's not played Ivanovic or Venus for over a year.

She lost to Zvonareva but that was an awful match for both of them and so it didn't really reprsent how they would do if they were both playing well.

delicatecutter
May 14th, 2009, 11:46 PM
What about the times she did get disposed of fairly easily by Azarenka (twice), Lisicki, Bartoli, hell even Rybarikova beat her 4 and 1. The point I'm making is that she does not have the weapons to be a threat to the top players. The end.

Shvedbarilescu
May 14th, 2009, 11:50 PM
What about the times she did get disposed of fairly easily by Azarenka (twice), Lisicki, Bartoli, hell even Rybarikova beat her 4 and 1. The point I'm making is that she does not have the weapons to be a threat to the top players. The end.

Find me a player in the top 10 who hasn't had losses to players ranked substantially below them this year. :shrug:

kman
May 14th, 2009, 11:52 PM

She has one win over Azarenka (and two losses) this year and she had 4 match points against Serena in a close match she lost. Zvonoreva beat her convincingly, sure, but Kuznetsova had a tough time and was practically dead at the end of the match (Caroline beat her last year).

So two official wins against Dementieva (2-2 now) and one Fed Cup win and two WTA losses against Azarenka (2-2 now). One 3-set loss to Kuznetsova (1-2 now), one clear loss to Zvonareva (0-1 now) and one VERY NARROW loss to Serena (0-1 now). Did I miss something? But honestly, that's not too shabby for an 18-year-old newcomer.

She's 2-2 against Azarenka, 1-1 against Lisicki and 3-1 against Bartoli.

She shouldn't have lost to Rybarikova, true, but Azarenka shouldn't have lost to Dulko last week either or Agnes this week. Shit happens. I mean, fucking Venus got blasted by Kleybanova whom Caroline just ran through. It should've been established now that WTA tour is pretty unpredictable, but with that said, Caroline is one of the most consistent players and only rarely loses to players she should definitely have beaten on paper (knock on wood, hope it continues lol).

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 11:54 PM
People are just clutching at straws now.

Yes we can see that she can be dispensed of "fairly easily"....Serena had to go to 3 sets while saving MP's , Kuznetsova also got taken to three sets as did Jankovic who got dragged to three sets twice by her last year.

She's not played Safina and she's not played Ivanovic or Venus for over a year.

She lost to Zvonareva but that was an awful match for both of them and so it didn't really reprsent how they would do if they were both playing well.
Serena had been playing awful that whole tournament, Stosur had even more chances than wozniacki and then Serena was blitzed by Demented.

And please, Kuzzy can lose a set to virtually anyone, esp someone who is consistent.

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 11:55 PM

But how so? Your point wasn't successful as I proved that she's so far been a tough opponet for top players. Yeah she had surprising losses to Rybarikova and Vesnina but this is tennis and anyone with basic sense would know that. Players like Ivanovic have these too but would you seriously suggest that she's not as good as Julie Coin? Or that Venus isn't as good as Kleybanova? Venus actually lost to Lisicki too so would you suggest on the basis of one match that Lisicki is the superior player? Maybe Srebotnik is better than Serena?

Even if she has "no weapons" at this stage it doesn't matter as she's 6-7 years younger than most of the top and is still no walkover for them , when she loses against them.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 11:56 PM
She has one win over Azarenka (and two losses) this year and she had 4 match points against Serena in a close match she lost. Zvonoreva beat her convincingly, sure, but Kuznetsova had a tough time and was practically dead at the end of the match (Caroline beat her last year).

So two official wins against Dementieva (2-2 now) and one Fed Cup win and two WTA losses against Azarenka (2-2 now). One 3-set loss to Kuznetsova (1-2 now), one clear loss to Zvonareva (0-1 now) and one VERY NARROW loss to Serena (0-1 now). Did I miss something? But honestly, that's not too shabby for an 18-year-old newcomer.
Her win vs Azarenka was after Victoria was EXHAUSTED.

And I mentioned the other two already.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 11:57 PM
But how so? Your point wasn't successful as I proved that she's so far been a tough opponet for top players. Yeah she had surprising losses to Rybarikova and Vesnina but this is tennis and anyone with basic sense would know that. Players like Ivanovic have these too but would you seriously suggest that she's not as good as Julie Coin? Or that Venus isn't as good as Kleybanova? Venus actually lost to Lisicki too so would you suggest on the basis of one match that Lisicki is the superior player? Maybe Srebotnik is better than Serena?

Even if she has "no weapons" at this stage it doesn't matter as she's 6-7 years younger than most of the top and is still no walkover for them , when she loses against them.
Her game wont improve much in the long run, though.

CloudAtlas
May 14th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Serena had been playing awful that whole tournament, Stosur had even more chances than wozniacki and then Serena was blitzed by Demented.

Hmm..yeah Serena had been playing awful but when Caro loses it's because she wasn't good enough to win and not because she may have been playing awfully in that match too(against Lisicki for example) :rolleyes:

CloudAtlas
May 15th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Her game wont improve much in the long run, though.

That's just speculation though. We don't really know how she'll play in the future , she's already playing better than last year IMO.

CloudAtlas
May 15th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Her win vs Azarenka was after Victoria was EXHAUSTED.

And I mentioned the other two already.

Yeah see...always an excuse for whoever Caro beats but no room for the suggestion that Caro had been exhausted against Lisicki or Zvonareva.

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 12:03 AM
That's just speculation though. We don't really know how she'll play in the future , she's already playing better than last year IMO.
But look at her game, her assive technical limitations. Unless she gets a new coach and a DRASTIC makeover, massive improvement is unlikely. Im not saying she wont get better, but not to THAT level.

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah see...always an excuse for whoever Caro beats but no room for the suggestion that Caro had been exhausted against Lisicki or Zvonareva.
But I watched the match, and I didnt see it, sorry. From what I saw Caro just got bitched by a better player, plain and simple.

frenchie
May 15th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah right, she's not a threat to top players (she's one of them BTW)
I'm sure everybody wants to draw her at RG because they know they would destroy easily:rolleyes:

Consistent players are always underrated because their tennis is less flashy but they are the most difficult opponents to play.

Take Venus for example
Against who does she always struggle : Jankovic, Hingis, Pennetta, Myskina, Chakvetadze, Golovin
Don't you see a trend in these players?

I hate the way some people here say "she isn't a ballbasher so she has no weapon":o

Not to mention that players like Sanchez-Vicario reached number 1, Coetzer reached number 3, even Smashnova reached number 14 I think. Those players had IMO less game than Caro or at least were more defensive than her

Corswandt
May 15th, 2009, 12:06 AM
That's just speculation though. We don't really know how she'll play in the future

Yes we do: exactly the same way she does now.

she's already playing better than last year IMO.

If you mean "she's even more of pusher than she was last year", then 100% correct.

Re: the issue of Wozniacki's alleged massive potential for improvement, we've been through this before. Her homemade strokes are simply too rough and amateurish and won't bear much improvement.

Lord Choc Ice
May 15th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Ugh. Verdasco better not be dating Pushniacki. She'll probably give him tennis advice. :o

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Yeah right, she's not a threat to top players (she's one of them BTW)
I'm sure everybody wants to draw her at RG because they know they would destroy easily

Consistent players are always underrated because their tennis is less flashy but they are the most difficult opponents to play

Take Venus for example
Against who does she always struggle : Jankovic, Hingis, Pennetta, Myskina, Chakvetadze, Golovin
Don't you see a trend in these players?
Caro is not a top player: Venus, Serena, Dinara, Ana, Jelena, Elena, Sveta and Maria are the top players.

And dont try and compare Caro with those players, because those player's games when on are certainly not underrated and very attractive, esp. Tati. :inlove: She isnt really a "consistent" payer anyway, shes more of an aggresive counterpuncher, same with JJ and Chak to a lesser extent.

kman
May 15th, 2009, 12:11 AM
But I watched the match, and I didnt see it, sorry. From what I saw Caro just got bitched by a better player, plain and simple.

lol, it was obvious. How would you feel if you had just gone through massive run of tournaments and THE NIGHT BEFORE played a marathon 2.5 hour single match (against a player who's better than Lisicki anyway) in addtion to a 1.5 hour double match. That's 4 hours of tennis right before you go to bed and then you wake up and have to play a final... we were already talking about it before the final, that it was crazy of Caroline to play double match also and that she was going to be drained for the final next day. And she was. I still think Lisicki was playing well so I'm not ruling out the possibility that Lisicki would've still won, but it would've been a closer match for sure.

kman
May 15th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Caro is not a top player: Venus, Serena, Dinara, Ana, Jelena, Elena, Sveta and Maria are the top players.

And dont try and compare Caro with those players, because those player's games when on are certainly not underrated and very attractive, esp. Tati. :inlove: She isnt really a "consistent" payer anyway, shes more of an aggresive counterpuncher, same with JJ and Chak to a lesser extent.

Hate to break it to you, but when you're in the top 10, you're a top player. And she definitely proved it by beating Dementieva 3 times in a row this year. She doesn't have the experience or weapon arsenal that some of the others have, but Jelena for example hadn't even broken into the top 30 when she was Caroline's age. You need to keep things in perspective.

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 12:14 AM
lol, it was obvious. How would you feel if you had just gone through massive run of tournaments and THE NIGHT BEFORE played a marathon 2.5 hour single match (against a player who's better than Lisicki anyway) in addtion to a 1.5 hour double match. That's 4 hours of tennis right before you go to bed and then you wake up and have to play a final... we were already talking about it before the final, that it was crazy of Caroline to play double match also and that she was going to be drained for the final next day. And she was. I still think Lisicki was playing well so I'm not ruling out the possibility that Lisicki would've still won, but it would've been a closer match for sure.
Fair enough. Although she didnt look much different to me, but whatever.

frenchie
May 15th, 2009, 12:14 AM
the Lisicki hype is insane

That girl plays like a stupid cow
The man who taught her this hit or miss game should be in jail

Yes she will have some flashy wins (Charleston) but how many disappointing losses behind??

Corswandt
May 15th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Anyway.

I thought that the future GOAT Wozniacki making it to the top 10 would piss me off to no end, but not really.

Today all my (few) remaining doubts about Wozniacki were dissipated: she's no threat whatsoever.

Her horrendous strokes, framed shots, often unintentional junk and total passivity make for an oddly entertaining spectacle, for all the wrong reasons.

Groeneveld has really helped Wozniacki find her game, which can now be summed up as the complete absence of any game. It's as if actually doing something to win the points amounted to sacrilege. Groeneveld is clearly too enamoured of the notion of "winning ugly" (he converted Ivanovic, whose instincts were of a pure 1-2 player, into a defensive junkballer), but I believe Wozniacki's technical shortcomings would eventually have forced her into becoming the caricature of a pusher that she is now. Maybe just not this early.

Wozniacki will run into a wall whenever facing the elite. Problem is, there's no elite left.

Eagerly waiting for the Woz-JJ final. Should be a riot.

CloudAtlas
May 15th, 2009, 12:16 AM
But look at her game, her assive technical limitations. Unless she gets a new coach and a DRASTIC makeover, massive improvement is unlikely. Im not saying she wont get better, but not to THAT level.

I don't think anyone is realistically expecting her to be a multiple Slam winner in the future based on her current game but she's not an idiot , her current play is working for her and she's moving upwards , perhaps 2-3 years down the line if she hasn't mad notable progress she'll work towards changing something up. Neither her or her father would be satsified with her just staying at the same place for a number of years IMO (unless that place is the #1 spot :p)

I do think Lisicki probably would have won anyway as she was in the mindset of winning but it certainly would have been a closer competition if Caro was playing on a normal level.

Yes we do: exactly the same way she does now.

If you mean "she's even more of pusher than she was last year", then 100% correct.

Re: the issue of Wozniacki's alleged massive potential for improvement, we've been through this before. Her homemade strokes are simply too rough and amateurish and won't bear much improvement.

Her groundstrokes are certainly more powerful and she seems to have held her nerve more this year on big points. The serve has improved too IMO.

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Hate to break it to you, but when you're in the top 10, you're a top player. And she definitely proved it by beating Dementieva 3 times in a row this year. She doesn't have the experience or weapon arsenal that some of the others have, but Jelena for example hadn't even broken into the top 30 when she was Caroline's age. You need to keep things in perspective.
You keep on talking about age, age means nothing. Stop talking about it.

rucolo
May 15th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Good win, Caroline!:yeah::hearts::woohoo:

Congrats on reaching Top 10!:worship:
Big and important step in her young career.

Go far here, Caroline!;)

Robert-KimClijst
I'm so confused at all the haters!! Why should she go for a lot of winners in a match if she can win by being consistent. It's smart, and she's good at it. To be in the top 10 means you know how to win a match and go far in a tournament, not how flashy and talented you are.

Slutiana
Yeahh her serve is good. Sometimes.

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I'm so confused at all the haters!! Why should she go for a lot of winners in a match if she can win by being consistent. It's smart, and she's good at it. To be in the top 10 means you know how to win a match and go far in a tournament, not how flashy and talented you are.
Omg. If I hear that word one more time, i'll scream.

frenchie
May 15th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Well Caro has now haters which is a good sign!
They will get used to her success I'm sure

There was the same talk when Anna C reached top 5, when Aga reached top 10...

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 12:21 AM
She has no haters, only realists.

Pasta-Na
May 15th, 2009, 12:21 AM
congratulations

kman
May 15th, 2009, 12:22 AM
You keep on talking about age, age means nothing. Stop talking about it.

Experience matters. Obviously an 18-year-old player is not going to have the same tour experience as some of the veterans. Caroline will develop more weapons and confidence in time.

Corswandt
May 15th, 2009, 12:23 AM

Unwarranted in Chak's case as her game was very appealing. Too bad that her performance level and ranking in 2007 were clearly untenable in the long run.

Radwanska I still hate, because I rate her as a threat. Wozniacki I now dismiss without hesitation.

delicatecutter
May 15th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Well Caro has now haters which is a good sign!
They will get used to her success I'm sure

I think this level "success" is as good as it gets. Bottom tier of the Top 10 and some more MM tournaments. :lol: She is not capable of any more than that because she is NOT A GOOD PLAYER.

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Experience matters. Obviously an 18-year-old player is not going to have the same tour experience as some of the veterans. Caroline will develop more weapons and confidence in time.
How? Did you not read Corswandt's post above me? Weapons dont come out of thin air....

frenchie
May 15th, 2009, 12:27 AM
She has no haters, only realists.

That's really strange because to me Caro's game is VERY similar to Golovin:confused:
A consistent counter-puncher with a pretty smart game

Tatiana has (more had!) a better FH but Caro has a better serve, BH and movement

But Slutiana voit la brindille dans l'oeil du voisin mais pas la poutre dans le sien:lol:
(I don't know if you are french?)

kman
May 15th, 2009, 12:28 AM
I think this level "success" is as good as it gets. Bottom tier of the Top 10 and some more MM tournaments. :lol: She is not capable of any more than that because she is NOT A GOOD PLAYER.

To be honest, Caroline has already superseded my expectations. Contrary to what you might believe, I don't expect her to win slams or reach #1. I never dreamed she would get so high in the rankings, much less so quickly. There's thousands and thousands of tennis player around the world and here she is standing along with 9 other players at the very top of the heap. But yea, I guess that means she's "NOT A GOOD PLAYER".

delicatecutter
May 15th, 2009, 12:29 AM
That's really strange because to me Caro's game is VERY similar to Golovin:confused:

Tatiana has (more had!) a better FH but Caro has a better serve, BH and movement

Golovin could hit winners from the baseline. :wavey: She could also take a set of peak Justine Henin. Wozniacki would struggle to take games.

CloudAtlas
May 15th, 2009, 12:29 AM
How? Did you not read Corswandt's post above me? Weapons dont come out of thin air....

You are kidding right? Maybe they do not come out of thin air but existing deficiences can easily be fixed. Look at Safina....before 2008 her forehand was her biggest weakness as it was very error prone and she had no control over it whereas now it is arguably her biggest weapon and the pace and accuracy she can get on the ball with it is astounding.

kman
May 15th, 2009, 12:33 AM
You are kidding right? Maybe they do not come out of thin air but existing deficiences can easily be fixed. Look at Safina....before 2008 her forehand was her biggest weakness as it was very error prone and she had no control over it whereas now it is arguably her biggest weapon and the pace and accuracy she can get on the ball with it is astounding.

Another example is Dementieva's serve. A few years ago it was utterly worthless. Then she started practicing her serve like crazy. She would finsih her training sessions by serving 100 first serves in a row. If she failed just one, she'd start over and not allow herself to go home before she succeeded. Result: She took her game to the next level and won the olympics and reached an all-time high #3 ranking. And that was much later in her career than where Caroline is now. Yes, people can actually improve...

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 12:38 AM

But Slutiana voit la brindille dans l'oeil du voisin mais pas la poutre dans le sien:lol:
(I don't know if you are french?)
:spit: NO! On so many levels, NO!. :haha: Tati is (yes, is) what variety really is. Approaching the net, slicing, dropshots, she plays with a lot of personality. Shes not a defensive player, yes she is a counterpuncher, but her standardjust about as aggresive as a counterpuncher gets. Of course with that trademark forehand of hers. She can change her gameplan easily though and i've seen her gone from a defensive player on clay to a almost ballbasher on grass. And her serve is better than Caro's, she places it well and can get tonnes more power... They are completely different and Tati is at her best when shes bringing it to players and being aggresive and she knows that, however shes also aware of when to be more consistent, keep her length and indeed play like caro and just move the ball around a bit. I could go on about Tati's game forever, theres so much to talk about. And thats the thing, you guys, Caro's fans, just can't do the same.

And no, im english, but I know a little French.

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Yes but Wozniackis strokes are just, as Corswandt put it, way too "home made" hence the reason she doesnt get much power on them at all, she is unable too. But its what shes most comfortable with and if she might not be as secure with her game. So dont hold your breath expecting her to get some new weapons from somewhere...

frenchie
May 15th, 2009, 12:44 AM
:spit: NO! On so many levels, NO!. :haha: Tati is (yes, is) what variety really is. Approaching the net, slicing, dropshots, she plays with a lot of personality. Shes not a defensive player, yes she is a counterpuncher, but her standardjust about as aggresive as a counterpuncher gets. Of course with that trademark forehand of hers. She can change her gameplan easily though and i've seen her gone from a defensive player on clay to a almost ballbasher on grass. And her serve is better than Caro's, she places it well and can get tonnes more power... They are completely different and Tati is at her best when shes bringing it to players and being aggresive and she knows that, however shes also aware of when to be more consistent, keep her length and indeed play like caro and just move the ball around a bit. I could go on about Tati's game forever, theres so much to talk about. And thats the thing, you guys, Caro's fans, just can't do the same.

And no, im english, but I know a little French.

Well you're a die hard Tatiana fan so you are biased and blind:p but the similarities really exists
BTW Tati has not a better serve than Caroline and her net game is hopeless:help:
But the way you describes Tatiana's game could easily describe Caro's one IMO

I'm not even a fan of Caro
I just don't get that "pushing" myth about her?

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Well you're a die hard Tatiana fan so you are biased and blind:p but the similarities really exists
BTW Tati has not a better serve than Caroline and her net game is hopeless:help:
But the way you describes Tatiana's game could easily describe Caro's one IMO

I'm not even a fan of Caro
I just don't get that "pushing" myth about her?
Any person will tell you on here that Tati has more to her game than Caros, much more. And she can volley well now, after working with that schapp guy.

Midnight_Robber
May 15th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Well, if Caro can generate this much debate I suppose I should start paying more attention to her game. All I know is that she is moving on in Madrid while many supposedly better players have already packed their bags. :shrug:

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 01:00 AM
But anyway its been interesting seeing what you guys think of her. I dont hate the girl or anything, and yeah, she isn't a "pusher".

Lord Choc Ice
May 15th, 2009, 01:11 AM
But anyway its been interesting seeing what you guys think of her. I dont hate the girl or anything, and yeah, she isn't a "pusher".
If she's not a pusher what the hell is she?

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 01:15 AM
If she's not a pusher what the hell is she?
She doesnt just get the ball back. She isnt goes for depth and she can move the ball around fairly well, but yeah thats about it.

DragonFlame
May 15th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Any person will tell you on here that Tati has more to her game than Caros, much more. And she can volley well now, after working with that schapp guy.

To be honest, i never really saw it outside of the 2007 fall season. She could keep her level that high for just a few tournaments. She was of the ivanovic, vaidisova crop and is the one who performed the least of them. Yes, i know this is because of injuries, but that's also part of sport. If you're more fragile then others and can't perform while others can, you get passed by them. And that's exactly what wozniacki is doing, she's passing goloving's career... at 18. :shrug:

Mysterious
May 15th, 2009, 01:50 AM
What some haters do they want ? Ballbashing, powerhitting tennis like there's no tommorow ? You can outplay and outsmart your opponents without having big guns. I like Caroline but I admit she lacks of some things in her game : a strong service, at tactical level I think she's good or very good but you can't win only on tactics. You gotta have game variations, attacking your opponents. What I love at her side, she has a very positive attitude, what you rarely see nowadays on the tennisworld. Tennis genius, you don't have that many in the history of tennis. As long she uses her best qualities at the best, I don't see where's the problem. The pusher thing annoys me as hell.

iPatty
May 15th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Wozniacki is s pusher but that ^ is not how she plays. She is a smart pusher and her shots placement is actually good. As for "no spin", have you seen her forehand? I bet she has never hit a flat one in her career.

I sat in Charleston and watched her forehand courtside, there is not much spin on it. Her forehand is loopy, but there is almost no spin on it due to her substantial lack of racquet head speed. Also every time I have watched her her balls landed from the hash mark to halfway between the mark and the sideline, which is generally thought of as the center of the court. Framing balls for angles does not count as smart shot placement, unfortunately.

Wozniacki did not play doubles in Charleston. :weirdo:

DokicToServe
May 15th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Well I guess congrats for Caro, even if she doesn't possess many skills apart from consistency and moonballing. She has, however, found the one thing that can lead to sure success in the WTA. Taking advantage/literally exploiting the opponent's UEs. And on a 90% of matches they are bound to happen and in large numbers. ;)

moby
May 15th, 2009, 02:26 AM
I actually wonder if Caro's arrival will lead to a "cleaning up" of the game, much as Hingis's did last decade. Hingis forced the hard hitters to play intelligently (because going for low percentage winner attempts every other shot just wasn't going to cut it against her) and that caused the bar to be raised.

Obviously, Caro is not at the same level as Hingis (shudder to even talk about them in the same sentence), but she doesn't have to be to provoke the same effect these days. While the power of the tour has gone up since the 90s, the idea of smart ball-bashing has fallen even further. And someone like Caro is well-positioned to expose the ridiculous impatience and technical/tactical shortcomings of the entire generation of ball-bashers.

Of course, her own limitations mean that she might very well be a footnote in the history of tennis unless she fixes her game.

starin
May 15th, 2009, 02:32 AM
wow a lot of hate for Caro.
I'm kinda surprised considering that she hasn't beaten a top tier player like a WS, Sharapova, Serb, etc. She seems like a sweet girl , too sweet to ever hate on. Maybe if she gets to #1 and starts getting Sharapova level of over hyping but atm she barely has any hype at all.

Lord Choc Ice
May 15th, 2009, 02:32 AM
I actually wonder if Caro's arrival will lead to a "cleaning up" of the game, much as Hingis's did last decade. Hingis forced the hard hitters to play intelligently (because going for low percentage winner attempts every other shot just wasn't going to cut it against her) and that caused the bar to be raised.

Obviously, Caro is not at the same level as Hingis (shudder to even talk about them in the same sentence), but she doesn't have to be to provoke the same effect these days. While the power of the tour has gone up since the 90s, the idea of smart ball-bashing has fallen even further. And someone like Caro is well-positioned to expose the ridiculous impatience and technical/tactical shortcomings of the entire generation of ball-bashers.

Of course, her own limitations mean that she might very well be a footnote in the history of tennis unless she fixes her game.
It's stupid that there can't be players who meet somewhere in the middle. They're either extreme pushers or extreme ballbashers. Why can't there be good shotmakers with good defense anymore? :mad:

delicatecutter
May 15th, 2009, 02:50 AM
It's stupid that there can't be players who meet somewhere in the middle. They're either extreme pushers or extreme ballbashers. Why can't there be good shotmakers with good defense anymore? :mad:

Kuznetsova when she's playing well. Granted, that is pretty rare, but she has the ability. I'd put Mauresmo in this category as well.

AnomyBC
May 15th, 2009, 03:04 AM
AWESOME!!! TOP TEN NOW!!! SUCK ON THAT YOU WOZZY HATERS!!! :bounce::banana::woohoo:

Top 5 next! Come on Caro, I know you can do it! :inlove:

Nikkiri
May 15th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Caro :hearts: keep going gurl.

oleada
May 15th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Oh my, this is definitely a weak era. :help:

Congrats to Caroline, I guess, she's been consistent enough.

But her game is a dull as it gets. She gets the rep of being smart because she doesn't hit hard, but....she hits the ball to the middle of the court every time. Hitting hard and being a smart player are not mutually exclusive (see: Serena, Justine) - and being a counterpuncher doesn't always mean you are smart. Sometimes, it just means you have no weapons.

8 winners is just :o

Temperenka
May 15th, 2009, 05:22 AM
:banana:

*Jean*
May 15th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Alisa :sad:
But top 10 :bigcry:

Viktymise
May 15th, 2009, 11:11 AM

There was nothing massively intelligent about the way both Dokic and Lisicki dismantled Borz this year. They hit her clean off court, pure and simple.

Golovinjured.
May 15th, 2009, 11:17 AM
If the tour can't outperform a pusher like Caro, it's the other players' fault, not Wozniacki's. I don't like it, but can't blame Caro for it. Blame it on the fact that only 9 players have performed better than her in the past 12 months.

Lord Choc Ice
May 15th, 2009, 01:27 PM
If the tour can't outperform a pusher like Caro, it's the other players' fault, not Wozniacki's. I don't like it, but can't blame Caro for it. Blame it on the fact that only 9 players have performed better than her in the past 12 months.
I agree with you. Even though she's 1-dimensional garbage, it's not actually her fault that the rest of the tour are too impatient and brainless and hit tons of UEs when they play her. It just shows the pathetic state of women's tennis.

Slutiana
May 15th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Blame it on the al-al-al-al-al-alcohol. :inlove:

frenchie
May 15th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I agree with you. Even though she's 1-dimensional garbage, it's not actually her fault that the rest of the tour are too impatient and brainless and hit tons of UEs when they play her. It just shows the pathetic state of women's tennis.

LOL:lol::tape:

Dementieva is the archetype of a "1 dimensionnal garbage"
Hitting flat crosscourt shots 99% of the time

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 15th, 2009, 10:47 PM
LOL:lol::tape:

Dementieva is the archetype of a "1 dimensionnal garbage"
Hitting flat crosscourt shots 99% of the time

That is enough to be 13 times * better than Kurnikova

* 13 titles vs 0

LUVMIRZA
May 15th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I hope Mauresmo beats her balck&blue tomorrow:hearts:

frenchie
May 15th, 2009, 10:54 PM
That is enough to be 13 times * better than Kurnikova

* 13 titles vs 0

Yes Dementieva is a better player than Anna but I'd watch Anna's game over Elena any day:hearts:
Anna leads the head to head BTW:p

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 15th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Anna leads the head to head BTW:p

Fluke

Your caricature of Elena´s game is wrong. Elena hits the ball to any direction , the problem is that Elena quite often doesn´t go DTL when she should do it.
Most of her backhand winners are DTL lately