PDA

View Full Version : Will Dinara burn out at the French?

chris_d08
May 14th, 2009, 06:00 PM
3 weeks playing in a row and getting to the final stages...although she has one week off, not technically becuz she will go to Paris and begin practice, do you guys think she will burn out and suffer an early exit at the French?

Expat
May 14th, 2009, 06:01 PM
she resembles petrova in 2006 to me

InsideOut.
May 14th, 2009, 06:02 PM
The more you hope she will, the more likely she would not. I say she makes second week at least.

darkangel23
May 14th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Hopefully...

LUVMIRZA
May 14th, 2009, 06:07 PM
She might be :o Hope not and she wins RG to make WTA more competitive:)

darkangel5452
May 14th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Hopefully...

I was going to write the exact same thing.:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Sharpie4me
May 14th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Look at Wozniacki. Did she miss out on any week?
And not to mention Dinara is the fittest player on tour.

LUVMIRZA
May 14th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I was going to write the exact same thing.:haha::haha::haha::haha:

r u both the same person:confused:

Dawson.
May 14th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Yep. First round beatdown here we come :drool::drool:

2Black
May 14th, 2009, 06:14 PM
She'll make it to 2nd week but WON'T win ... just watch

Dawn Marie
May 14th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Safina will burn out and not take home a RG title. I predict she'll crash and burn but not in the first round. it all depends on the draw.

darkangel5452
May 14th, 2009, 06:20 PM
r u both the same person:confused:

No. To avoid any confusion, I'm a Sarapova fan, he/she is a Ivanovic fan.

LUVMIRZA
May 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM
No. To avoid any confusion, I'm a Sarapova fan, he/she is a Ivanovic fan.

:lol: I asked that coz some people do have two or three poster names and support themselves. lolllll. Thanks for the clarification.

goldenlox
May 14th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I won't be surprised at any of the top 10 losing early in Paris.
Wide open major

The Dawntreader
May 14th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I suppose hypotheticallly it could be a factor. Remember last year before her surge at RG, she played very little clay-court tennis leading up to it. She only played one red clay-court event which was Berlin (which she won). Therefore she was relatively fresh.

This year she's played three clay events on the trot, and no match has come that easy at all. Saying that though, Safina looks in tremendous physical shape. I can't actually see Safina's fitness being the thing to let her down.

Dawn Marie
May 14th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I mean, many players aren't taking Madrid Open seriosuly. They want to conserve energy for the French. Just look at the withdraws and early retirement. Can't say I blame them either.

ElusiveChanteuse
May 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I say 60% yes.

CoolDude7
May 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
No, I actually foresee her drawing Elena in the quarters and losing in a 3 setter.

anon57
May 14th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I hope she doesn't but wouldn't be too suprised if all the matches she's been playing lately take their toll and she loses early at RG. Then again wouldn't be surprised if any of the other top players lose early either, they've all been very inconsistent this year:shrug:

goldenlox
May 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM
There are 3 matches then a week off.
Her schedule is no excuse. If she loses in Paris it's not because she made finals a month earlier

thegreendestiny
May 14th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Yes. 1R Sharapova def Safina 06 76 60 :drool:

In The Zone
May 14th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Safina is a soldier. She will not burn out. It is all in her head. Serena's mouth is probably all the fuel she needs to get her through the 2nd Roland Garros weekend. She is playing very well and it is nice to have a World #1 player playing like a, you know, World #1 player.

TennisViewer531
May 14th, 2009, 06:56 PM
She'd be burnt out in the FO finals... she'll feel like a ballboy all over again :(

Dawn Marie
May 14th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Playing a slam is different then playing a tourney. I don't think Safina will win RG she hasn't won one yet. So imho until she does only then will I hold her as a contender.
Rg picks are:
Vee
Serena
Sveta
Amelie
Ana

the rest have always lost their damn nerves.

serenus_2k8
May 14th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I predict a couple of tough 3 setters and then shell crash.

youizahoe
May 14th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Let her win Madrid, she'll probably will feel too confident and lose her first match.

Shvedbarilescu
May 14th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Playing a slam is different then playing a tourney. I don't think Safina will win RG she hasn't won one yet. So imho until she does only then will I hold her as a contender.
Rg picks are:
Vee
Serena
Sveta
Amelie
Ana

So only players who have won a Grand Slam before are contenders? Err...ok. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. ;)

Russianboy
Rg picks are:
Vee
Serena
Sveta
Amelie
Ana

if she will win one it's most probably roland garros. she has great chances and if she plays like she did the past weeks, the title is hers.

safina > all other players right now.

but we dont know how maria will handle the new situation
... maybe she is ready and kicks everybodys ass. and maybe she will lose early.

cherboy
why should she burn out?!
she's the fittest player on the tour.
played over three houres agains venus and some houres later beat kuze in rome finale...
wish her best of luck for the french open!

Protoss
Rg picks are:
Vee
Serena
Sveta
Amelie
Ana

Why is Mauresmo on your list then? She's won a slam but she loses her nerve at the French Open.

Shvedbarilescu
May 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM
It looks like several Serena fans are now aware if Safina wins RG, Serena will not be regaining that number one ranking again this year, and quite possibly not ever again. How are they dealing with it? By convincing themselves Safina will lose early at RG.

youizahoe
May 14th, 2009, 07:49 PM
My RG picks

Serena, Ivanovic, Jankovic or Kuznetsova.

youizahoe
May 14th, 2009, 07:50 PM
It looks like the Serena fans are now aware if Safina wins RG, Serena will not be regaining that number one ranking again this year, and quite possibly not ever again.

Not really.

Dinara can only gain 600 pts with winning Roland Garros, while serena can gain 1800 pts. Yet again, Serena has nothing to defend after wimbledon besides US Open, while dinara has over 2000pts to defend.

I guess you weren't that good at counting.

Shvedbarilescu
May 14th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Not really.

Dinara can only gain 600 pts with winning Roland Garros, while serena can gain 1800 pts. Yet again, Serena has nothing to defend after wimbledon besides US Open, while dinara has over 2000pts to defend.

I guess you weren't that good at counting.

That's true. If you think Serena is going to win RG and Safina will lose early you have nothing to worry about. :)

Expat
May 14th, 2009, 07:58 PM
It looks like several Serena fans are now aware if Safina wins RG, Serena will not be regaining that number one ranking again this year, and quite possibly not ever again. How are they dealing with it? By convincing themselves Safina will lose early at RG.

Not true. Safina has tons of points to defend after Wimbledon. Even if she wins both Madrid and FO she still must be having 3000 odd points to defend. She needs to do really well in Wimbledon for her to ensure she can defend her ranking till the year end.

AnnaK_4ever
May 14th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Last summer Safina won LA, Canadian Open, the silver medal, reached SF at USO and won Tokyo Pan Pacific. And that was on hardcourts. I don't see why she should burn out on her favorite surface.

youizahoe
May 14th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Last summer Safina won LA, Canadian Open, the silver medal, reached SF at USO and won Tokyo Pan Pacific. And that was on hardcourts. I don't see why she should burn out on her favorite surface.

well I noticed her physic is less than last year, she is playing longer matches these days and that will hurt her in the slams.

Inger67
May 14th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I hope she does :) The only person I would constantly rely on to win a lot of consecutive matches EVERY event would be Caro at this point.

QUEENLINDSAY
May 14th, 2009, 08:23 PM
She has no right to be burnt out. She hasn't won anything big.
maybe you could say, pressured but not burnt.
Burnt is only for players who won slams here and there and get tired.

Uranium
May 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM
She plays too much, and I think she will.
Last year's USO, Safina was saying she was exhausted because she played so much tennis before the slam and I think the same thing will happen at RG.

GavinC360
May 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I hope she does :) The only person I would constantly rely on to win a lot of consecutive matches EVERY event would be Caro at this point.

Good pick...though I still have to support Serena

bobbynorwich
May 14th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Burn out? Didn't you mean burn up the FO?

:lick:

chris_d08
May 14th, 2009, 08:50 PM
i agree with the person that said it all depends on the draw! if she draws a couple solid player early on in a row,and they take her to 3 sets, i think in one of the 3 sets if they make it that far, that she will just crash becuz shes been playing SOO much tennis!! and im hoping she draws venus in the quarters or semis for a huge clash!!.....thats if they both get that far!

vw.
May 14th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Maria Sharapova will get revenge and take her out in the 1st round.

:angel:

LUVMIRZA
May 14th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Maria might not even play who knows:p

danieln1
May 14th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah, i hope that doesn´t turn out in a Petrova 2006, where she was on fire in the clay season, only to have an injury at the first round and bow out...

But if she burns out at the final against Ana, Serena or Amelie I wouldn´t be too upset! :haha:

~MashyOwnThemAll
May 14th, 2009, 09:12 PM
I hope in this :d

Ferg
May 14th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I hope she wins the whole damn thing so people like you will finally shut up.

Lord Choc Ice
May 14th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I think she's peaking too early, much like Elena did before the Australian Open.

Vaidisova
May 14th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I don't think so.

Ferg
May 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I think she's peaking too early, much like Elena did before the Australian Open.

Remember how long she peaked for last year? :bounce:

LUVMIRZA
May 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
No no Dinara is not like Elena, she can win matches on sheer will. She is gonna win this whole tourney jus bcoz she wanna prove that she is the No.1:armed:

Williamsser
Jun 6th, 2009, 03:57 PM
She did in the final!

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 6th, 2009, 04:05 PM
She didn't burn out. She just couldn't handle the pressure she and everybody else put on her!:hug: She couldn't live up to her own expectations and folded under them...