PDA

View Full Version : Strategis effect that Amelie beat Elena D at Madrid

fredbdx
May 14th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Of course the victory of Amelie over Elena may help the french former n°1 to boost her confidence...

But the other consequence is that, thanks to this victory, SHE'LL BE AT LEAST SEEDED 16 IN ROLAND GARROS so she won't face a Top 16 in the 3rd rd, which makes a difference!

Direwolf
May 14th, 2009, 09:21 AM
isnt she only in R16??

Kleybanova/Patty/Chakvetadze/
that can go higher than her right?
or no??

Pasta-Na
May 14th, 2009, 09:22 AM
what if she faces maria in r1? :p

Direwolf
May 14th, 2009, 09:24 AM

and so?

Jizynovic
May 14th, 2009, 09:29 AM

which maria did you mean?

vadin124
May 14th, 2009, 11:44 AM

she will beat her. easily.

Uranium
May 14th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Momo:banana:, but it is RG, so you don't really know when Mauresmo will get nervous and get bounced. She needs to stay aggressive and keep attacking at RG, when she loses there sometimes it's because she became too defensive and too passive and made it a baseline battle.

miffedmax
May 14th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Strategy? What is this word? What does it mean?

fredbdx
May 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Strategy? What is this word? What does it mean?
Sorry this is a misprint for Strategic

miffedmax
May 14th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I wasn't making fun of your typo.

I'm a Dementieva fan. In addition to not knowing what "strategy" means, I also don't know what "serve" means, or "backhand down the line." ;)

fredbdx
May 14th, 2009, 01:23 PM
isnt she only in R16??

Kleybanova/Patty/Chakvetadze/
that can go higher than her right?
or no??

Well, don't forget that Amelie is a former n°1, 2 times Grand Slam winner...even if I'm not into fan stuff...but I have respect for what she achieved...

Even if she's not as confident as she was before, even if she has bad statistics in RG, it's better for her to be seeded 16 than lower...to avoid a Top seeded meeting in the 3rd rd.

Legend1
May 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I wasn't making fun of your typo.

I'm a Dementieva fan. In addition to not knowing what "strategy" means, I also don't know what "serve" means, or "backhand down the line." ;)

:lol: :worship:

TennisMindCamp
May 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM
You're right Fred, Strategy makes a huge difference.

danieln1
May 14th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Well she lost to Suarez last year, so doesn´t matter if she´s seeded higher or lower... Amelie is always in danger at Philippe Chatrier court!

Alex03Maccy
May 14th, 2009, 05:05 PM
maybe they should put her on a smaller court and let cornet mess up, though she doesn't need any help to do that.

miffedmax
May 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Momo, Sveta, Safina, JJ all have the same gameplan to win the FO.

Figure out a way to make sure that blonde idiot I love so much makes the finals.

It's really that simple.

joão.
May 14th, 2009, 08:34 PM
she will beat her. easily.

Yea. Kirilenko :sad:

Alex03Maccy
unlike yesterday's match, a FO final between Momo and Elena would be one of the biggest chokefest's in history.

miffedmax
Seriously. If I were one of them (an unencumbered by ethics, which I have no reason to believe ANY of these fine ladies are) I would so be watching the draw and slipping muscle relaxants, depressants, etc. into Lena's opponent's food, drink, water bottles...

AnnaK_4ever
May 14th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Seriously. If I were one of them (an unencumbered by ethics, which I have no reason to believe ANY of these fine ladies are) I would so be watching the draw and slipping muscle relaxants, depressants, etc. into Lena's opponent's food, drink, water bottles...

Now we know what happened to Smashnova at RG-2004.

miffedmax
May 14th, 2009, 08:41 PM
unlike yesterday's match, a FO final between Momo and Elena would be one of the biggest chokefest's in history.

Lena lost a Slam final to SVETA. That's as in Kuznetsova.

I rest my case.

Momo, 6-7, 7-6, 34-33 (ret.) when Elena actually goes up into the stands, crawls into Mommy Vera's lap, starts sucking on a boob and refuses to budge.

Within :003 seconds of this pathetic ending, I will be in GM defending Elena and blaming net cords, the umpire, the crowd and, of course, Serena Williams.

Alex03Maccy
May 14th, 2009, 08:44 PM
anything but elena would be at fault, lol.

LCS
May 14th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Please, Amelie doesn't need a seed in order to lose at RG...:shrug:

hablo
May 14th, 2009, 09:27 PM

I rest my case.

Momo, 6-7, 7-6, 34-33 (ret.) when Elena actually goes up into the stands, crawls into Mommy Vera's lap, starts sucking on a boob and refuses to budge.

Within :003 seconds of this pathetic ending, I will be in GM defending Elena and blaming net cords, the umpire, the crowd and, of course, Serena Williams.

There's no way that Mauresmo would beat Dementieva in a FO final. :haha:

The Frenchie simply forgets how to play her game at RG. And you know it! :devil::help:

Alex03Maccy
May 14th, 2009, 09:36 PM
but at the same time, elena would never win a grand slam final so they would be there all night.

miffedmax
May 14th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I stand by my original scenario, posited above.

Alex03Maccy
May 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
i think that would be the only outcome, after about 20 mp's each.

switz
May 15th, 2009, 12:48 AM
it will be interesting to see how she goes this year at Roland Garros. It's about bloody time she does something and you would think she wouldn't feel as much pressure at this point of her career. unfortunately Cornet's terrible form, Bartoli's inconsistency and Golovin's absence means that she will once again be the big french hope. she'll more than likely be the french number 1 again after Wimbledon.

mauresmofan
May 15th, 2009, 01:52 AM
it will be interesting to see how she goes this year at Roland Garros. It's about bloody time she does something and you would think she wouldn't feel as much pressure at this point of her career. unfortunately Cornet's terrible form, Bartoli's inconsistency and Golovin's absence means that she will once again be the big french hope. she'll more than likely be the french number 1 again after Wimbledon.

With all due respect to the other French players and where they are ranked Amélie will always be the big French hope because she has the capacity to win the whole thing. The only other French player who had that was Pierce only difference was she could handle all the pressure and perform.

miffedmax
May 15th, 2009, 02:41 AM
i think that would be the only outcome, after about 20 mp's each.

Dementieva would clearly lose all her mps on dfs.

Mauresmo would at least show variety in figuring ways not to win.

danieln1
May 15th, 2009, 06:23 AM

I rest my case.

:worship:

Yeah, ONLY Dementieva so far has the ability to lose to Sveta in a slam final...