PDA

View Full Version : Can Alisa Kleybanova save the WTA?

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Lets hope so. :tears:

Andreas
May 14th, 2009, 07:55 AM
She will lose to Wozniacki and save the WTA, yes.
It would be nice to have Caro in the top 10 to renew the tour :)
Stop being such a hater, Tutu.

barboza
May 14th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Lots of potential... She just needs to be fitter and run around the court faster.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 07:58 AM
She will lose to Wozniacki and save the WTA, yes.
It would be nice to have Caro in the top 10 to renew the tour :)
Stop being such a hater, Tutu.
:tears:

Andreas
May 14th, 2009, 07:59 AM
:tears:

New chat thread? :confused:

Body Language ~
May 14th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I have to agree with OP. I never knew Wozniacki was such a pusher before I saw the Charleston final. gross.

GO ALISA

Andreas
May 14th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I have to agree with OP. I never knew Wozniacki was such a pusher before I saw the Charleston final. gross.

GO ALISA

What is wrong with actually having a brain when playing?
The tour would be boring if everyone just used the muscles. We need different playing styles, and just because you lack power in comparison to the other girls, it doesn't make you a worse player. In fact it's quite admirable that she can reach the top with this playing style. Just shows that she has a lot of talent and is a smart player.

Pasta-Na
May 14th, 2009, 08:12 AM
i dont mind she gets into top 10. :p

Nikkiri
May 14th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Stop being such a troll Tuti. :tears:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 14th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Gilles Simon , the ultimate pusher in your signature :spit: . Next to him Wozniacki seems a ballbasher

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:20 AM
New chat thread? :confused:
:inlove:
What is wrong with actually having a brain when playing?
The tour would be boring if everyone just used the muscles. We need different playing styles, and just because you lack power in comparison to the other girls, it doesn't make you a worse player. In fact it's quite admirable that she can reach the top with this playing style. Just shows that she has a lot of talent and is a smart player.
She doesnt really use her brain though.. She plays the same game for every match.

Ciarán
I highly doubt it. I can't see her consistently being at the top of the game.

Andreas
:inlove:

She doesnt really use her brain though.. She plays the same game for every match.

And she is on her way to top 10. You can't say it doesn't work ;)

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Gilles Simon , the ultimate pusher in your signature :spit: . Next to him Wozniacki seems a ballbasher
No.

Alicia Rocks
May 14th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Come on Caro :armed:

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:24 AM
And she is on her way to top 10. You can't say it doesn't work ;)
Yeah, its effective but people always come to the conclusion that she is a smart player with tons of variety simply because she isnt an aggresive player, and that just isnt right.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:25 AM
And I love being a troll nikkie. :inlove:

Andreas
May 14th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Yeah, its effective but people always come to the conclusion that she is a smart player with tons of variety simply because she isnt an aggresive player, and that just isnt right.

Pusi kurac, Tutu :(

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:31 AM
:tears: how rude.

Andreas
May 14th, 2009, 08:34 AM
:tears: how rude.
No, you are rude. Laku noc :bigwave:

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Pizdo. :speakles:

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Im sorry but someone who looks like that and plays with such unconventional strokes cannot save the WTA.
Did you not read the Poll? :confused:

Jizynovic
May 14th, 2009, 08:56 AM
she was just lucky to beat vee

Shvedbarilescu
May 14th, 2009, 09:04 AM

She doesn't have tons of variety it's true. Hey I would never say she was a terribly exciting player either. She is certainly not one of my faves either. That said I'd still rather watch a player like Wozniacki who at least can keep the ball in play rather than a player who has to finish the point in three or four shots because she can't cover the court sufficiently.

To say she is smart sort of implies she is some kind of strategic wizard out there which she isn't but she certainly knows what she is doing and has put together a game that at 18 has taken her to edges of the top 10. Let's just say she has loads of good old fashioned common sense. Truthfully like her or hate you are going to have to get used to her because she is only going to get better. I expect her to be around a long time and to be, along with Safina, Ivanovic, Azarenka, Radwanska and a few others, one of the most successful players of the next decade.

Whether she wins today or not, she will be in the top 10 for a long time. Sorry Slutiana. :shrug:

Direwolf
May 14th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I have a feeling that
she will defeat Safina in the Finals!!...
Venus has never lost to Winners/Finalist of a tournament
bar
CSN when she choked

Noctis
May 14th, 2009, 09:18 AM
no she cant she cant win against pushers she'll make tons of ue

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 09:50 AM
She doesn't have tons of variety it's true. Hey I would never say she was a terribly exciting player either. She is certainly not one of my faves either. That said I'd still rather watch a player like Wozniacki who at least can keep the ball in play rather than a player who has to finish the point in three or four shots because she can't cover the court sufficiently.

To say she is smart sort of implies she is some kind of strategic wizard out there which she isn't but she certainly knows what she is doing and has put together a game that at 18 has taken her to edges of the top 10. Let's just say she has loads of good old fashioned common sense. Truthfully like her or hate you are going to have to get used to her because she is only going to get better. I expect her to be around a long time and to be, along with Safina, Ivanovic, Azarenka, Radwanska and a few others, one of the most successful players of the next decade.

Whether she wins today or not, she will be in the top 10 for a long time. Sorry Slutiana. :shrug:
Well then we really are in for an even weaker era then. :tape: Seriously, That implies that she may be like a Capriati/Mauresmo type of player, and im sorry but there's just no comparison between them and her. Seriously, in their peaks they would wipe the floor with her 95% of the time.

But Maria is coming back soon to take her rightful place int he top 10, and Tati still hasnt officially retired so there's still hope. :inlove:

jamatthews
May 14th, 2009, 09:51 AM
That said I'd still rather watch a player like Wozniacki who at least can keep the ball in play rather than a player who has to finish the point in three or four shots because she can't cover the court sufficiently.

I'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

дalex
May 14th, 2009, 10:32 AM

:haha:

M.P
May 14th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Alisa save WTA be beating Venus Williams??:inlove:
GO Caro!

Sharpie4me
May 14th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Alisa has the game to do it and I think she will do it :rocker2:

Monica_Rules
May 14th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I really don't understand what peoples problem with Caro is, shes obviously a decent player otherwise she wouldn't be ranked so high. Tennis isn't all about all out agression hitting 10 winners and 20 unfoced errors.

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 12:31 PM
:haha:
Thats our way of saying we love each other. :tears:

miffedmax
May 14th, 2009, 01:29 PM
What the WTA needs is a player with a killer set of bangs.

FORZA SARITA
May 14th, 2009, 01:30 PM
davai alisa :hearts:

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 01:35 PM
What the WTA needs is a player with a killer set of bangs.
http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/hopman-golovin.jpg

Definatly.

Mikey.
May 14th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Loving the last option :hearts:

MaBaker
May 14th, 2009, 01:40 PM

F*cking hell Danilo :o

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 14th, 2009, 01:45 PM
wozniacki aint that bad, lay off the ugly duckling

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 02:03 PM
F*cking hell Danilo :o
:rolls:

InsideOut.
May 14th, 2009, 02:11 PM
She has a shot. The courts are quite fast for a clay court, and Alisa is playing well (I think :confused:). If she can keep her errors count down, Alisa could win this match. She has the firepower and some pretty phenomenal angles, as well as a good second serve that should mote than give her a chance to win.

That said, Alisa would have to play well - almost as well as she did at the Australian Open - to win this match. Caro isn't the fastest girl around (she's quite slow for someone who plays so defensively) but she'll still get many balls back.

Lord Choc Ice
May 14th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Pusher must die! :armed:

C'mon Alisa!!

Marcelo.
May 14th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Let's hope so :yippee:

Go Alisa :inlove::inlove:

C. W. Fields
May 14th, 2009, 02:51 PM

GO ALISA

BL, you can't judge Caro on her play in that match; she was dead tired from her marathon SF against Dementieva less than a day earlier. She does have a tendency to play too many tournaments but today at least she should be reasonably rested.

Christinawww
May 14th, 2009, 03:11 PM
at least Caroline is fit, when I look at her, I see a young but professional athlete - unlike other players on the tour

cherboy
May 14th, 2009, 03:13 PM
i dont like woschnizaki or whatever her name is...!
her game is one of the most boring ones in tennishistory.
and i agree: she has NO weapon!:help:

Spiritof42
May 14th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Another Wozniacki-bashing thread. How original.

AnnaK_4ever
May 14th, 2009, 03:49 PM
In my rankings Wozniacki has been top-10 since Charleston :p

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 03:55 PM
^Well then your rankings are seriously flawed :p

HRHoliviasmith
May 14th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Alisa :hearts: is going places. once she works on her fitness, there will be no stopping her.

frenchie
May 14th, 2009, 04:01 PM
^Well then your rankings are seriously flawed :p

who should take her spot in the top 10 in your opinion??

I'm curious to know

madlove
May 14th, 2009, 04:04 PM
i dont care...

kman
May 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM
BL, you can't judge Caro on her play in that match; she was dead tired from her marathon SF against Dementieva less than a day earlier. She does have a tendency to play too many tournaments but today at least she should be reasonably rested.

Marathon SF against Dementieva AND 1.5 hour double match the day before. So yea, pretty stupid to judge her on that match alone...

SOA_MC
May 14th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Save the WTA threads

So 2008 :yawn:

joão.
May 14th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I love CaRoLiNe WoZnIaCkI!!!11111 sHe HaZ so00OO000oo MaNy WeApOnS!!!!111 :)

unknowndiamond
May 14th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I like Alisa to win but i agree that we need various style players.So we can happily cheer for players we love.
Both of them are young and upcoming.They maybe soon become rivals.So it would be fun ;)

hugo2004
May 14th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Vamos Wozni

InsideOut.
May 14th, 2009, 05:09 PM

Miami 4r vs. Dementieva. Moonballing everything...into the service box. :tape: Right thing to do against an awful Dementieva though. :o

InsideOut.
May 14th, 2009, 05:15 PM
2005 Orange Bowl Tennis Championships SF Hard (O) C.WOZNIACKI 6-4 6-3

They played in juniors before. :)

slamchamp
May 14th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Gilles Simon , the ultimate pusher in your signature :spit: . Next to him Wozniacki seems a ballbasherI don't think a simple "pusher" can beat nadal and federer

allrounder
May 14th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Kleybanovas producing UE after UE tonight. 1st set her stats were 10 winners 28 UE's and shes produced about another 6 or 7 UE's already in the 2nd set and they're only into the 3rd game.

DragonFlame
May 14th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Pff kleybanova is rediculously bad in this match. She's literally just hitting every every ball as hard as she can. Definetly doesn't know the word patience, it's like she has no head. She has a weak serve for someone that hits such tough groundstrokes as well...

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 06:09 PM
who should take her spot in the top 10 in your opinion??

I'm curious to know
Maria and Tati should automatically be placed at no.10 and 11, with no one able to overtake them. :inlove:

Hurley
May 14th, 2009, 06:09 PM
If Caroline is a "pusher," I don't even know what you would call her next opponent... :tape:

Tomorrow: Caroline to POWA her way to the SF!

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 06:10 PM
RIP WTA. :bigwave:

Petkorazzi
May 14th, 2009, 06:12 PM
LOOOL so true. :haha:

FERLKE
May 14th, 2009, 06:12 PM
:spit::haha:
Kleybanova is a nightmare to watch! ;)

DragonFlame
May 14th, 2009, 06:17 PM
RIP WTA. :bigwave:

To be fair,

-She is a great mover.
-She has awesome court awareness. She knows exactly what she wants to do and does it at the right time. Smart play.
-She has perfect ball control.
-She doesn't have a really weak serve. Like we see from most other defensive/retriever players.

frenchie
May 14th, 2009, 06:25 PM
62 62

do you feel stupid now??

InsideOut.
May 14th, 2009, 06:27 PM
62 62

do you feel stupid now??

:lol::tape:

Vanity Bonfire
May 14th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Wozniacki is the kind of player who is being mass produced right now in Europe. It's a very pushery, counterpunchy thing which girls can do from a young age and so don't need to develop much muscle.

Matt01
May 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Wozniacki just saved the WTA tour by crushing overweight Kleybanova and reaches Top 10. Congrats! :yeah:

And "pusher" Simon is winning as well. :bounce:

fufuqifuqishahah
May 14th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Kleybanova is a great talent, however she seems to be more of a giant killer right now than a consistent player. She mentally needs to be prepared for and fight for every match she plays or she is going to continue to lose matches she could otherwise win.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 14th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I don't think a simple "pusher" can beat nadal and federer

Pushers can beat Federer (Cañas, Simon)

Rafito lost to Simple Simon due to an injury and fatigue

SzavayFi
May 14th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I Thnk She Toterly Cannnn!!!!11one11!!!!

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:37 PM
LOOOL so true. :haha:
Well if you want to compare.

Gilles had 35 WINNERS and 33 errors and lost today.
Caro had 8 winners and 20-something errors and won.

hmmmmmm....

DragonFlame
May 15th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Caro had 8 winners and 20-something errors and won.

Jeezz stop it already, it's getting annoying. We know it by now, you hate wozniacki's game.

Learn to analyse a match. Kleybanova went for broke on pretty much every groundstroke she hit, after a 5-shot rally most of the time kleybanova hit it either out or in(mostly rediculously out), so how the hell could or should wozniacki hit winners from that? Why would she change a good strategy, you wanted her to overpower kleybanova like venus tried to do?

danieln1
May 15th, 2009, 02:43 AM
The hating on Caro is apalling, she´s way more talented then Alisa...

Anyway, the " someone will save the WTA" threads are only funny when a slamless player is on imminent position of getting to the number 1, like the threads that I created with Stosur and Azarenka... this thread is not a little bit original and it´s ridiculous

delicatecutter
May 15th, 2009, 02:46 AM
EPIC FAIL!! :bigcry:

Noctis
May 15th, 2009, 08:10 AM
She Saved me time aleast for stop watching after few games

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 15th, 2009, 08:11 AM
These threads about players saving the WTA are rude and classless :rolleyes:
We get it, you hate Wozniacki.

C. W. Fields
May 15th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I hope all you Caro haters appreciate the "Thursday highlights" video from Madrid making Caro look like a real winners hitter! :lol: :p http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/multimedia/default_video.asp

LCS
May 15th, 2009, 09:38 AM
:sobbing:

Lord Choc Ice
Jul 7th, 2011, 11:12 AM
God damn you Alisa. :mad:

Sabinator.
Jul 7th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Lol, what a bump :lol:

WTA is finished :sobbing:

Alisa, where are you now? I'm missing you... :sobbing:

Gaz.