PDA

View Full Version : Why are there lingering rumours about Madrid being a possible 5th GS ?

LightWarrior
May 13th, 2009, 11:27 PM
How is that even possible ? First I think the whole complex is hideous and cold, the grey steel, it looks like the courts are totally locked up, no open air, no filming of the surroundings...It's like you're playing on Mars or something. It looks like Beijing, which is horrible as well. If anything Miami is the first choice (that's my favourite stadium). But seriously, a 5th GS two weeks before RG...Very goofy idea. I wonder about the rumours, the blue clay etc.

Alex03Maccy
May 13th, 2009, 11:30 PM
no way there's always been four as i remember it would ruin it.

Daniela-Is-Mine
May 13th, 2009, 11:33 PM
:eek:

If there was a 5th it should be Miami, THEn IW, the maybe somewhere in Asia

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 13th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Roland Garros should be played in Madrid or Barcelona as the spaniards win every year in France

frenchie
May 13th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Roland Garros should be played in Madrid or Barcelona as the spaniards win every year in France

OK:rolleyes:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 13th, 2009, 11:39 PM
OK:rolleyes:

Spain has the best claycourters

Alex03Maccy
May 13th, 2009, 11:40 PM
that's just ridiculous. so wimbledon should be moved from england because a brit hasn't won it for years?

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 13th, 2009, 11:42 PM
that's just ridiculous. so wimbledon should be moved from england because a brit hasn't won it for years?

:D

Dawson.
May 13th, 2009, 11:43 PM
The stadiums are ugly as hell. We were mislead by the computer generated images last year. It doesn't feel like the big event it is supposed to be, there is no buzz about the place. Epic fail so far...

bobbynorwich
May 13th, 2009, 11:45 PM

:lol: A funny one

Actually, the "rumours" are just wild out-of-the-butt promotion by Madrid's huckster/owner Ion Tiriac. Both Federer and Nadal blew that idea out of the water as ludicrous.

:weirdo:

frenchie
May 13th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Spain has the best claycourters

but not the best clay court stadiums

switz
May 14th, 2009, 12:15 AM

very logical :o

HRHoliviasmith
May 14th, 2009, 01:52 AM

i wonder about you sometimes :lol:

urklerlay
May 14th, 2009, 02:45 AM
There will never ever be a 5th GS!

M.P
May 14th, 2009, 02:48 AM
if there have 5th...that should be in China

duhcity
May 14th, 2009, 03:04 AM
I agree regarding the women. They really need to commit themselves more to women's tennis. It's ridiculous that I can find high quality streams of almost every men's singles match, even on an obscure court, but struggle to find a stream of a top 5 player

Peetz
May 14th, 2009, 07:19 AM
I think you should really move RG to another country for the only reason that french crowd the worst a tournament can have.they are not interested in tennis,dont know anything about tennis but still they manage to be unfair towards players...pure crap.no tournament deserves this
RG in Madrid instead of Paris would be great!!! :worship:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 14th, 2009, 07:26 AM
I think you should really move RG to another country for the only reason that french crowd the worst a tournament can have.they are not interested in tennis,dont know anything about tennis but still they manage to be unfair towards players...pure crap.no tournament deserves this
RG in Madrid instead of Paris would be great!!! :worship:

:worship:

Green dot for you