PDA

View Full Version : sharapova's russian language: good or bad????

cyannnnn
May 13th, 2009, 09:34 PM
some people says her russian is good
other says she spreaks bad russian (grammary mistake, pronounciation,spreak like a kid,...)

in the end, how is her russian???

Russianboy
May 13th, 2009, 09:35 PM
its good

AnnaK_4ever
May 13th, 2009, 09:40 PM
It's neither good nor bad. She speaks Russian you exactly expect to hear from a Russian that doesn't live in Russia.

The Russians who speak good and "rich" Russian are Dementieva, Zvonareva and Tursunov.

Sharpie4me
May 13th, 2009, 09:43 PM
She speaks Russian as good as any other Russian :)

Sharpie4me
May 13th, 2009, 09:51 PM
It's neither good nor bad. She speaks Russian you exactly expect to hear from a Russian that doesn't live in Russia.

The Russians who speak good and "rich" Russian are Dementieva, Zvonareva and Tursunov.

Tursunov moved to the States when he was young.
When it comes to mastering a language, it's the matter of each person's ability to learn it, so the "rich" Russian you refer to has little to do with one's residence.

tenn_ace
May 13th, 2009, 09:57 PM
When it comes to mastering a language, it's the matter of each person's ability to learn it, so the "rich" Russian you refer to has little to do with one's residence.

exactly!

homogenius
May 13th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Well she only speaks Russian in olympic years so it's hard to tell.not bad I suppose :shrug:

Mikey B
May 13th, 2009, 10:03 PM
oh god, she's not even back yet and already the useless threads have returned!!!

AnnaK_4ever
May 13th, 2009, 10:04 PM

I never said it had. I only said Sharapova speaks like most Russians who live abroad :shrug:

As for Tursunov, he is a rather frequent visitor to Moscow, he reads quite a lot, he listens to Russian music and I'd say he is witty by nature.

cyannnnn
May 13th, 2009, 10:27 PM
but why russian girls(myskina for example) says her russian is horrible

pepaw
May 13th, 2009, 10:31 PM
jealousy?

frenchie
May 13th, 2009, 10:34 PM

Nastya said Maria has an accent when she speaks russian which is probably true:confused:

AnnaK_4ever
May 13th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Myskina's Russian is not that good either, to tell the truth.

frenchie
May 13th, 2009, 10:46 PM

Is there an equivalent to the F- word in russian??
I'm sure she use it a lot

BTW Dementieva is amazing in french too:eek:
She's better than Golovin! lol

hablo
May 13th, 2009, 10:47 PM

I wonder why that is? :lol:

Warrior
May 13th, 2009, 10:48 PM

At first she said that Maria's Russian is not bad. But after the incident with Maria's father, Myskina said that Maria speaks with horrible accent!

AnnaK_4ever
May 13th, 2009, 10:54 PM

A plenty of them.

AnnaK_4ever
May 13th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I wonder why that is? :lol:

In her interviews and when commentating she contradicts herself so often it's hard to figure out what she really thinks / wants to tell.

frenchie
May 13th, 2009, 11:00 PM
In her interviews and when commentating she contradicts herself so often it's hard to figure out what she really thinks / wants to tell.

I know what you mean:lol:

When she was still playing she was often asked about hr favorite surface and she kept answering different things:o

hablo
May 13th, 2009, 11:01 PM

Too bad I can't understand Russian. I would love to see what you're describing for myself. ;)

bobbynorwich
May 13th, 2009, 11:05 PM
oh god, she's not even back yet and already the useless threads have returned!!!

Yep, seems like it.

:mad:

Russianboy
May 13th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I'm sure she use it a lot

lmao seriously? :lol:

frenchie
May 13th, 2009, 11:10 PM
lmao seriously? :lol:

No I was joking:p
Elena speaks a very good french but I just hate the way Tatiana speaks french:o

She's like a little girl living in a pink world:help:
"Gnagnagna I'm cute......Gnagnagna I love pink.....Gnagnagna I'm a teenager...."

Marion was right when she once said that Tati only knows like 10 words:lol::tape:

hablo
May 13th, 2009, 11:15 PM
And to think that frenchie's hate for Golovin all came from her refusing to take a picture or sign an autograph? :tape:

Did you ever get Myskina's? I shudder to think of the hate I would have had to read on this forum, if that Ruskie had let you down. :haha:

frenchie
May 13th, 2009, 11:30 PM
And to think that frenchie's hate for Golovin all came from her refusing to take a picture or sign an autograph? :tape:

Did you ever get Myskina's? I shudder to think of the hate I would have had to read on this forum, if that Ruskie had let you down. :haha:

I have 2 autographs of Nastya

1 taken at RG 2004 after a practice session
I like to think that she won RG that year because of me:angel::tape:

another one at RG 2005

That bitch refused me to take a picture of her when I met her in Metz 2006 (she was watching her BF Jurgen Melzer) but I can understand because I asked her in the middle of the match when she was in Melzer's box

Russianboy
May 13th, 2009, 11:40 PM
I have 2 autographs of Nastya

1 taken at RG 2004 after a practice session
I like to think that she won RG that year because of me:angel::tape:

another one at RG 2005

That bitch refused me to take a picture of her when I met her in Metz 2006 (she was watching her BF Jurgen Melzer) but I can understand because I asked her in the middle of the match when she was in Melzer's box
haha i met her one week before in stuttgart and we had a conversation during likhovtsevas dubs match.

Harvs
May 13th, 2009, 11:43 PM
when you move away from the country of your language (or a language you are learning for that matter) when you are young... you will always not be as great as it as what you were if you stayed there.

LindsayRulz
May 13th, 2009, 11:46 PM

I was really surprised the first time I heard Dementieva speak French, she's very well-spoken and fluent, wonder where she learned her French? :scratch:

frenchie
May 13th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Elena went in a french school

AnnaK_4ever
May 14th, 2009, 12:02 AM
If Sharapova spent several months in Russia her Russian would become pretty normal. Of course she would still have her non-standard accent/dialect.

Btw, this is another reason why someone may claim Sharapova doesn't speak good Russian -- unlike almost all other Russian players Masha wasn't born and didn't live in Moscow. So even if she never left the country her Russian would be considered imperfect by Muscovites.

hablo
May 14th, 2009, 12:04 AM
I was really surprised the first time I heard Dementieva speak French, she's very well-spoken and fluent, wonder where she learned her French? :scratch:

There was a time that Dementieva had to be coaxed into speaking - I remember Hélène Pelletier made her speak french on RDS a few years ago. :lol:

I guess she's more confident speaking it now.

MechWarrior2k
May 14th, 2009, 01:21 AM
If Sharapova spent several months in Russia her Russian would become pretty normal. Of course she would still have her non-standard accent/dialect.

Btw, this is another reason why someone may claim Sharapova doesn't speak good Russian -- unlike almost all other Russian players Masha wasn't born and didn't live in Moscow. So even if she never left the country her Russian would be considered imperfect by Muscovites.

My Russian language teacher thinks the people of St. Petersburg speak proper Russian compared to those in Moscow.

OsloErik
May 14th, 2009, 01:29 AM
I always thought the line on Sharapova was she spoke fine Russian, but she's not from Moscow or St. Petersburg; Nyagan isn't a particularly rich cultural area, and so she doesn't speak Russian like the Muscovites. That's part of what Myskina's "she speaks ugly Russian" comment pertained to. It's like a Parisian vs. some country Frenchman, or London vs. Leeds, or Madrid vs. Galicia; she speaks Russian with an accent. If I'm mistaken, kindly let me know.

MechWarrior2k
May 14th, 2009, 04:06 AM
I always thought the line on Sharapova was she spoke fine Russian, but she's not from Moscow or St. Petersburg; Nyagan isn't a particularly rich cultural area, and so she doesn't speak Russian like the Muscovites. That's part of what Myskina's "she speaks ugly Russian" comment pertained to. It's like a Parisian vs. some country Frenchman, or London vs. Leeds, or Madrid vs. Galicia; she speaks Russian with an accent. If I'm mistaken, kindly let me know.

That and her parents lived in Belarus prior to Chernobyl, so she wasn't going to have the most cosmopolitan of accents to begin with. She'd have likely developed an accent closer to Azarenka's had she not moved to USA.

*JR*
May 14th, 2009, 04:22 AM
I'd have to hear Masha's mat, like if she called let's say Max's favorite blond: Ta Rooska pisda! ;)

Billabong
May 14th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Love it:)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 14th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Very very good

Sharapowerr
May 14th, 2009, 07:29 AM
She speaks it better than me

Talia
May 14th, 2009, 12:09 PM
wonder where she learned her French?
At school. She went to so-called "french-school" - where they learn french from the 1 or 2 grade and rather intensive though-out the years. There are many of "french" or "english" schools in Moscow, children graduate with really good language skills.

Masha: she speaks not so good but ok, she uses only simple and short sentences, her Russian vocablulary is rather poor, the accent is not american but "non-moscovite".
I guess you rearly listen to her speaking Russian but she gives small interviews to Russian press during GS ot other tournaments which are shown on Russian TV. It's funny to listen to them cause in English she gives much more interesting answers, in Russian she is just limited by her language.
It seems a bit strange to me since she says they speak Russian with-in her family at home. But you can't blame her, she grew up in a different country and who can expect perfect Russian from her? Tursunov speaks really good but that's cause he moved to States at the age of 12 and has an experience of going to school in Russia and Masha doesn't.

slamchamp
May 14th, 2009, 03:31 PM
but why russian girls(myskina for example) says her russian is horribleEveryone knows Myskina hates maria:lol: she's always a bitch with her so no surprise here

frenchie
May 14th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Everyone knows Myskina hates maria:lol: she's always a bitch with her so no surprise here

sorry but that's WRONG:rolleyes:

Nastya hates Yuri since YEC SF 2004, not MARIA:o
She complimented Maria numerous times and they always kissed after their matches

Russianboy
May 14th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I'd have to hear Masha's mat, like if she called let's say Max's favorite blond: Ta Rooska pisda! ;)

lmao :lol:

Sharapowerr
May 14th, 2009, 05:00 PM
sorry but that's WRONG:rolleyes:

Nastya hates Yuri since YEC SF 2004, not MARIA:o
She complimented Maria numerous times and they always kissed after their matches

Who cares ?? Who Myskina hates , she just a ugly version of Maria.. srew that ***h:wavey:

slamchamp
May 14th, 2009, 05:17 PM
not nice sharapowerr

Svetlana.
May 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM

Close ties with Chernomyrdin really played it part in extending your Russian knowledge :lol:

But first of all, Maria would not say Ta Rooska to whom shall not be named or any other girl from Russia. And second, we all know whom Maria would address what you meant with the passion coming from her heart :lick:

Zébulon
May 14th, 2009, 07:33 PM
:mad: Parisians do not speak any better than us "country" French people. ( = all french not living in the capital :rolleyes: ) :mad:
Anyway, I don't think they claim to, either. (Unless they think all non-parisians are peasants, but I don't think most of them are so stupid, and neither are said peasants anyway. :lol: )

youizahoe
May 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I have never heard her speak russian :o

Slutiana
May 14th, 2009, 08:00 PM

Seriously? :tape: I dont blame her. :lol:

Anabelcroft
May 15th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Don't understand Russian but here is one from 2006:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVAfVy_JG8

USSR
May 15th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Nastya said Maria has an accent when she speaks russian...

- that's an accent everyone in russian province speaks with and which may sound unpleasantly to a moscovite like Myskina, in this case.

USSR
May 15th, 2009, 05:49 PM
...but anyway, nobody speaks perfect Russian in Russia these days

Ksenia.
May 15th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I had some of her Russian interview on my old youtube account but I can't remember my username :lol: i will post a link when I find it

Actually her Russian sounds fine to me... I'm not from Russia myself but it's my first language :shrug: She's fluent and her accent is ok.

lilimi
May 15th, 2009, 06:54 PM

golovin's french is really awfull:lol:. i thought i was the only one to think that. but it's ok she's been in Us for so long.
concerning sharapova, it's the same, i don't understand how people can judge her russian and her nationality :shrug:
...but anyway, nobody speaks perfect Russian in Russia these days
must be the same for French in France :help: even in the media and newspapers they're so many mistakes.