PDA

View Full Version : Mauresmo

Caoimhe
Sep 5th, 2002, 03:10 PM
this is bugging me. what is the tatoo on her arm and does it have any significance. any help would be much app. and the address of any cool amelie websites.

Linnie
Sep 5th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Hi Caoimhe! :wavey:

The tattoo is an angel holding an olive branch. It's a symbol of peace to her (and she says she's really the angel ;)).

A great Amelie website:
http://www.tennnis.com/mauresmo
It's a fanpage run by a terrific guy named Gerd. We have a blast on the board! :D Come on in and join us!!

Michele/Blue
Sep 5th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Linnie I've noticed that you know alot about Amelie - I'm new to this board and I was wondering if you could help me? Does Amelie ever go online & do live chats and where? Does she ever reply to emails & where do you send one to her at? And one more thing - I know I'm a pain! lol...- is there a schedule of events that she will be attending listed somewhere?

Thanks so much for your help & I hope to see you on the boards soon!
Michele/Blue

Sonja
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Michele/Blue I can answer your questions I believe, although I'm not linnie.

Yes, Amelie does do live chats sometimes. Usually they're done through Sanex and are done at different tournaments. Continue watching this area and join gerd's site as we post the info as soon as we receive it.

As for e-mails, she has an area of her official site where you can send e-mails. I believe you have to call a phone number to get an access code but it says she answers all of them. Her official site is: http://www.amelie-mauresmo.com

Schedule of events, well we post them as soon as we find them. Right now I can tell you her next tournament after the Open is Moscow. As I said in the second paragraph, join gerd's and watch the Amelie threads here and you'll get the info as we do.

Welcome to our forum and if you'd like to join us while cheering Amelie on, we do yahoo chat sessions. PM me for instructions if you'd like to join.

Michele/Blue
Sep 6th, 2002, 12:13 AM
Thanks Sonja!!! I've already joined Gerd's website - it's a GREAT one too!

I've tried calling that phone number several times and it says I've dialed wrong - what's the trick???!

Thanks again for all your help - I've been a fan of Amelie's for a couple years now, I can't wait for her to win "The Big One!" She defintely deserves it!

Have you ever met her? I live in the Chicago area so there's not any tournaments near me to go to as far as I know. Gonna have to do some traveling I guess.
Thanks Again!

Sonja
Sep 6th, 2002, 02:16 PM
I don't know what the trick is with the phone number. You do have to dial 011 to dial any other country from the US. Then you have to dial the country code, and the number.

I met her earlier in the year along with linnie and jabber at Amelia Island. She's amazing in person and truly gracious to her fans.

I do believe you will have to travel in order to see her. We don't have much tennis in the Midwest, unfortunately, so save your money and book your trip. It'll be well worth it!

Linnie
Sep 6th, 2002, 11:31 PM
What Sonja said ^ ;)

Hello Michele/Blue, and welcome to Momosapia! :D

Michele/Blue
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Thanks Sonja for the info - I will defintely have to make a trip somewhere!!

Hi Linnie!:wavey:

Maurice
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Well, I can't access the official site of Amélie the last days. So I wanted to know, if anyone else has problems too or is it only me? Is this site currently down?

griffin
Sep 25th, 2002, 06:41 PM
No, it's not you - it's been out for a few days.

Sonja
Sep 25th, 2002, 09:43 PM
Feel free to come to gerd's: http://www.tennnis.com/mauresmo/index.html

Maurice
Oct 1st, 2002, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the info!