PDA

View Full Version : Let's get on the train to Madrid!

Pages : [1] 2

gaviotabr
May 6th, 2009, 10:45 PM
So.. Ana hit the first ball at Caja Mágica. Let's hope she can hit some more this next week.

Idemo Ana!

http://www.madrid-open.com/

gaviotabr
May 6th, 2009, 10:48 PM
:lol: I'm curious to see how I do.. Will I bring some luck to Ana? This is my first tournament thread. :lol:

jelenacg
May 6th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I`m sure you will Izzy :)
That tournament looks great

luv_sweetAna
May 6th, 2009, 11:00 PM
:lol: I'm curious to see how I do.. Will I bring some luck to Ana? This is my first tournament thread. :lol:

I don't think the situation can get any worse, Izzy :lol:

jelenacg
May 6th, 2009, 11:03 PM

I`m sure Ana can prove you wrong :tape::lol::lol:

gaviotabr
May 6th, 2009, 11:03 PM

That's great consolation.. :lol:

gaviotabr
May 6th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I`m sure Ana can prove you wrong :tape::lol::lol:

You know.. even when you think you hit rock botton, don't worry, you didn't.. it can always get worse.. :lol:

gaviotabr
May 6th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I'm trying to get on a good mood for the thread.. so a quote from Dalai Lama:

If you have a problem and it has a solution, relax.. it has a solution.
If you have a problem and it doesn't have a solution, relax.. it doesn't have a solution.

Wasn't Ana reading his book The art of happiness? I'm sure she follows this quote.. :lol:

luv_sweetAna
May 6th, 2009, 11:09 PM
You know.. even when you think you hit rock botton, don't worry, you didn't.. it can always get worse.. :lol:

I was just trying to look at the bright side. That's the Ana-fan in me talking :o :lol:

gaviotabr
May 6th, 2009, 11:11 PM
By the way.. according to Verdasco and Feliciano López, who have already started practicing on site, the clay in Madrid looks a lot more like RG's and a bit different from Rome's. They also said, though, that the balls fly faster through the air due to the altitud.

jelenacg
May 6th, 2009, 11:19 PM
I'm trying to get on a good mood for the thread.. so a quote from Dalai Lama:

Wasn't Ana reading his book The art of happiness? I'm sure she follows this quote.. :lol:

So while she is relaxed and happy, and we are not so relaxed and happy :lol::lol:
Our problem does or doesn`t have the solution :confused:
That clay is probably slower than in Rome

gaviotabr
May 6th, 2009, 11:30 PM
So while she is relaxed and happy, and we are not so relaxed and happy :lol::lol:
Our problem does or doesn`t have the solution :confused:
That clay is probably slower than in Rome

Our problem depends on Ana.. so she should know if there is any solution and if she is willing to make the problem go away or not.. :rolleyes:

Yes.. I think the clay is slower..

SOA_MC
May 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Ana only needs two wins in Madrid to be ready for RG I feel

Enough with the panic the Rome loss isn't a big deal

jelenacg
May 6th, 2009, 11:37 PM
She lost 6 games in a row
In other words Radwanska gave her a bagel :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
May 6th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Ana only needs two wins in Madrid to be ready for RG I feel

Enough with the panic the Rome loss isn't a big deal

Oh.. c'mon... Ana squandered a 4-0 lead.. Radwanska bageled her.. Ana choked.. that speaks volumes about her mental game, that's where the problem is. And you know.. last year when she lost in Rome I wasn't that upset.. a bad loss here and there will always happen. The thing is, for Ana it has been 1 year of bad losses.. and they all come in the same pattern.. and she always says she is learning, only to make the very same errors. That's the issue, not losing to A-Rad.

gaviotabr
May 6th, 2009, 11:44 PM
The first round starts saturday in Madrid, so I guess Ana will play on the weekend.

bruce goose
May 7th, 2009, 12:15 AM
The first round starts saturday in Madrid, so I guess Ana will play on the weekend.According to the website,Izzy,the QUALIFYING starts on Saturday but the main draw on Sunday...as with Rome,there'll be eight qualifiers so only two rounds of qualies.......I think that Ana would concentrate more if she realized how much she was tormenting you:lol:...our Ana is sweet like that:angel:

SOA_MC
May 7th, 2009, 12:17 AM
She lost 6 games in a row
In other words Radwanska gave her a bagel :rolleyes:

Oh.. c'mon... Ana squandered a 4-0 lead.. Radwanska bageled her.. Ana choked.. that speaks volumes about her mental game, that's where the problem is. And you know.. last year when she lost in Rome I wasn't that upset.. a bad loss here and there will always happen. The thing is, for Ana it has been 1 year of bad losses.. and they all come in the same pattern.. and she always says she is learning, only to make the very same errors. That's the issue, not losing to A-Rad.

I don't want to argue with people in player forums, I've done enough of that in the past :o

I know I'm in the minority on this, I don't beileve Rome is critical for Ana

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 12:24 AM
According to the website,Izzy,the QUALIFYING starts on Saturday but the main draw on Sunday...as with Rome,there'll be eight qualifiers so only two rounds of qualies.......I think that Ana would concentrate more if she realized how much she was tormenting you:lol:...our Ana is sweet like that:angel:

Actually, the qualies for WTA starts on friday and the main draw on saturday. There are no byes for the girls, so it starts earlier.

ATP WORLD TOUR SONY ERICSSON WTA TOUR
Cuadro Previa Sábado 9 de Mayo Viernes 8 de Mayo
Cuadro final Domingo 10 de Mayo Sábado 9 de Mayo
Cuadro Dobles Domingo 10 de Mayo Sábado 9 de Mayo

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I was thinking of something positive! Ana can't lose any ranking points in Madrid! wooohooo She has nothing to defend this week! :worship:

jelenacg
May 7th, 2009, 12:26 AM
We can agree to disagree :angel:
I don`t want to argue either

bruce goose
May 7th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Actually, the qualies for WTA starts on friday and the main draw on saturday. There are no byes for the girls, so it starts earlier.

ATP WORLD TOUR SONY ERICSSON WTA TOUR
Cuadro Previa Sábado 9 de Mayo Viernes 8 de Mayo
Cuadro final Domingo 10 de Mayo Sábado 9 de Mayo
Cuadro Dobles Domingo 10 de Mayo Sábado 9 de MayoSorry,I wasn't trying to argue:o;when I first visited the site it read that the qualifying DRAW would happen on Friday but I see that they've changed that

jelenacg
May 7th, 2009, 12:35 AM
I was thinking of something positive! Ana can't lose any ranking points in Madrid! wooohooo She has nothing to defend this week! :worship:

:yeah:
So she only needs to find her head again and everything is perfect :worship:

Mixo
May 7th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Ana will feel our support in Madrid.

AJDE ANA, AJDE JODER!!!

Davodus
May 7th, 2009, 05:03 PM
i avoided this forum since the loss because i was in a rage about it :lol: i think i had steam coming out of my ears all do
but now i'm ready to get on the madrid train and hope for a promising result! idemo ana!

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 06:16 PM
The draw will be out tomorrow..

Does it matter though? :tape::lol:

Princeza
May 7th, 2009, 06:21 PM
AJDE ANA, AJDE JODER!!!

:lol:

Win your first match at least :kiss:

DownTheLine21
May 7th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Ana needs to steal Safina's coach ASAP. He has a great head for strategy and doesn't mind chewing out his players. Perhaps he could smack some sense into Ana? LOL.

Loungy
May 7th, 2009, 06:34 PM
By the way.. according to Verdasco and Feliciano López, who have already started practicing on site, the clay in Madrid looks a lot more like RG's and a bit different from Rome's. They also said, though, that the balls fly faster through the air due to the altitud.
Rafa hasn't practiced on site yet, that I know of, but according to him, the altitude makes all the difference in the world, regardless of the clay layer they're using.

Favors big servers even more than Rome's fast clay, which is why there were protests last year when it was chosen as the city Spain would be playing the DC semi against the US last year. Roddick took Ferrer to 5 in that occasion, I think.

Nothing at all like RG.

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Ana needs to steal Safina's coach ASAP. He has a great head for strategy and doesn't mind chewing out his players. Perhaps he could smack some sense into Ana? LOL.

You know.. I was reading the live blog for the other day.. And Ana called for her coach between the first and the second sets. It seems to have worked as she won 10 out of 13 games. When she got in trouble in the 3rd set, she should have called him, but she didn't. Maybe if she had, he could have read the game for her, get her to focus and helped her. She only needed to win 2 more points.. She said herself in the presser that she didn't realize that she should have gone to the net to finish off points, take time away from Radwanska, and that talking to her coach made her see that. Well.. if she had called him on he could have told her that while she still could do something about it...

I was thiking about Ana's matches and I believe she only allows herself to call for him once in a match. Everytime she called him, it was only once. I think that's stupid.. does she want to win or not? She should use everything she can in order to get the win, and everybody is using their coaches in matches. Maybe if she used it more she could have won more matches and that's what's going to bring her back.

Just look at some of her recent losses.. Against Szavay she called her coach between the first and second sets, won the second set and collapsed in the third. She didn't call him in the third set. Why not? The same for the IW final. Ana called for Craig while trailing 4-2 in the opening set. She won 3 games in a row and later on held 3 set points. In the second set, after leading 2-0, she lost 6 straight games. Why didn't she call for him in the second set? Could have helped.. Everytime.. she only calls for the coach once in the match... Safina, for an example, uses the on court coaching all the time, and IMHO it helps her. There are plenty of other examples.. Wozniacki, JJ, Vika.. all of them use the on court coaching a LOT.

Safina will have the record for 3rd set bagels by the way.. it seems people run out of steam in the third against her or she really goes on a hot streak.

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Rafa hasn't practiced on site yet, that I know of, but according to him, the altitude makes all the difference in the world, regardless of the clay layer they're using.

Favors big servers even more than Rome's fast clay, which is why there were protests last year when it was chosen as the city Spain would be playing the DC semi against the US last year. Roddick took Ferrer to 5 in that occasion, I think.

Nothing at all like RG.

Ugh.. with Ana's puff ball serve, that's great news.. :o

Isha312
May 7th, 2009, 06:57 PM
You know.. I was reading the live blog for the other day.. And Ana called for her coach between the first and the second sets. It seems to have worked as she won 10 out of 13 games. When she got in trouble in the 3rd set, she should have called him, but she didn't. Maybe if she had, he could have read the game for her, get her to focus and helped her. She only needed to win 2 more points.. She said herself in the presser that she didn't realize that she should have gone to the net to finish off points, take time away from Radwanska, and that talking to her coach made her see that. Well.. if she had called him on he could have told her that while she still could do something about it...

I was thiking about Ana's matches and I believe she only allows herself to call for him once in a match. Everytime she called him, it was only once. I think that's stupid.. does she want to win or not? She should use everything she can in order to get the win, and everybody is using their coaches in matches. Maybe if she used it more she could have won more matches and that's what's going to bring her back.

Just look at some of her recent losses.. Against Szavay she called her coach between the first and second sets, won the second set and collapsed in the third. She didn't call him in the third set. Why not? The same for the IW final. Ana called for Craig while trailing 4-2 in the opening set. She won 3 games in a row and later on held 3 set points. In the second set, after leading 2-0, she lost 6 straight games. Why didn't she call for him in the second set? Could have helped.. Everytime.. she only calls for the coach once in the match... Safina, for an example, uses the on court coaching all the time, and IMHO it helps her. There are plenty of other examples.. Wozniacki, JJ, Vika.. all of them use the on court coaching a LOT.

Safina will have the record for 3rd set bagels by the way.. it seems people run out of steam in the third against her or she really goes on a hot streak.

I have to say though, I think on court coaching is one of the worst things to happen to the women's game and as much as I want Ana to win, she shouldn't have to depend on her coach during a match to tell her how to do it. In my opinion, those are the things you work on outside of matches. I think she needs better preparation going into the matches period. It's pretty sad that Ana just seems unable to pull out a Plan B when her game isn't working, instead she goes into brainless mode and starts making a bunch of errors.

The Daviator
May 7th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Win one match? Thanks.

DownTheLine21
May 7th, 2009, 07:09 PM

Exactly. I was going to mention this earlier. I know she doesn't like to rely on him too much, but he could have provided her with the focus/strategy/motivation to win two more games. It would have been good to call him out at *3-4 or so. Oh well. I don't care for on-court coaching, but it was obvious that it helped Safina turn around her match today.

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I have to say though, I think on court coaching is one of the worst things to happen to the women's game and as much as I want Ana to win, she shouldn't have to depend on her coach during a match to tell her how to do it. In my opinion, those are the things you work on outside of matches. I think she needs better preparation going into the matches period. It's pretty sad that Ana just seems unable to pull out a Plan B when her game isn't working, instead she goes into brainless mode and starts making a bunch of errors.

I agree with you. I also don't like it. But hey, it's part of the rules and all of her opponents are making use of it, which gives them advantage. She might as well use it too.. she needs to win matches.. though after this loss I'm seriously questioning her desire to win. At 4-0 up, if you really want to win, you don't just lose 6 straight games.. you don't allow yourself to.

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Exactly. I was going to mention this earlier. I know she doesn't like to rely on him too much, but he could have provided her with the focus/strategy/motivation to win two more games. It would have been good to call him out at *3-4 or so. Oh well. I don't care for on-court coaching, but it was obvious that it helped Safina turn around her match today.

It helped Safina not only today, but the whole week. And I do think it could have helped Ana.. at least to calm down and focus. It's with the wins and the match play that she can get tough again.. unfortunately you don't just get that in practice. She should be doing everything there is to do within the rules to win...

Isha312
May 7th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Perhaps my disdain for on court coaching outweighs my desire to see Ana win. Although it seems to be helping her opponents, I can't justify to myself wishing she'd call her coach out more. I would much rather just see her working through these matches on her own. I'm no Serena fan, but I have way more respect for her than I do most of the girls who use the on court coaching these days. She was struggling big in Australia but never resorted to calling out a coach.

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Perhaps my disdain for on court coaching outweighs my desire to see Ana win. Although it seems to be helping her opponents, I can't justify to myself wishing she'd call her coach out more. I would much rather just see her working through these matches on her own. I'm no Serena fan, but I have way more respect for her than I do most of the girls who use the on court coaching these days. She was struggling big in Australia but never resorted to calling out a coach.

I think they are not allowed to call for a coach in Grand Slams.

Anyway.. Serena doesn't use it, neither does Venus.

jelenacg
May 7th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I watched last part of that match
No wonder she couldn`t hit a winner when all her shots were ending in the middle of the court(not bad like AO but still she didn`t have enough depth in her shots),also her shots didn`t have enough power :confused:
She really needs confidence and she will get that confidence only by winning matches
She still has the desire to win matches ,but her head and her game just won`t click
Craig can`t help her with that she needs to do that by herself

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 7th, 2009, 07:36 PM

She called him twice in Aga's match.

Isha312
May 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I think they are not allowed to call for a coach in Grand Slams.

Anyway.. Serena doesn't use it, neither does Venus.

I forgot that. Lol. Nonetheless...you get what I'm saying.

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 07:39 PM
She called him twice in Aga's match.

Oh.. well.. didn't work then..

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 7th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Oh.. well.. didn't work then..

At 1-6 it worked.
At 6-3 it worked for 4 games.

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I watched last part of that match
No wonder she couldn`t hit a winner when all her shots were ending in the middle of the court(not bad like AO but still she didn`t have enough depth in her shots),also her shots didn`t have enough power :confused:
She really needs confidence and she will get that confidence only by winning matches
She still has the desire to win matches ,but her head and her game just won`t click
Craig can`t help her with that she needs to do that by herself

I saw it too.. no depth and not enough power.. no wonder Radwanska could retrieve all those shots. I seriously doubt she managed to get to 4-0 with those shots.. so she must have relaxed after getting the lead.. or her head just went away..

Still.. what a choke.. When you get ahead like this you just can't slow down and bring your opponent back to life. What did she want? That A-Rad made mistakes to handle her the match? Unfortunately no one plays bad matches or goes away against Ana nowadays, because they now she can collapse at any moment.. :o

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 07:52 PM
At 1-6 it worked.
At 6-3 it worked for 4 games.

Oh.. could have called again when she got into trouble then.

Still Sjoerd, there is nothing Aga could simply do within her game to win 6 games in a row if Ana's level didn't drop. Ana has no excuses. I saw the last 4 games, and with those shots Ana could never hope to win a point without Aga's help. Aga wasn't helping.. so Ana had to find a way to up her game.. she can play better and deeper shots than that. Or get a good serve in.. she had to do something and she didn't.. that's becoming something normal for Ana... so many matches like this one. This time it was worse because she actually had a pretty big lead... she only needed 2 more games.

I consider Radwanska a good and smart player, and that definitely played a huge part in her win. But if Ana had the "refusal to lose" attitude.. after getting that lead, she just wouldn't have allowed herself to squander it, which she did. It's mental.. it's just not letting go.. like Aga did at 4-0 down. And you know.. if Ana is getting outplayed by Radwanska or Szavay or... while playing well, like you say she was, than we can't expect her to get to semis and finals of any tournament.. let alone win them. Like everything in life, it's all about expectations.. I guess mine for Ana were too high and I have to adjust them.. I guess any quarterfinal now should be a huge result.

jelenacg
May 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I saw it too.. no depth and not enough power.. no wonder Radwanska could retrieve all those shots. I seriously doubt she managed to get to 4-0 with those shots.. so she must have relaxed after getting the lead.. or her head just went away..

Still.. what a choke.. When you get ahead like this you just can't slow down and bring your opponent back to life. What did she want? That A-Rad made mistakes to handle her the match? Unfortunately no one plays bad matches or goes away against Ana nowadays, because they now she can collapse at any moment.. :o

We don`t have the whole match but i highly doubt that she won the second set and was up 4-0 with that game
She probably relaxed or her mind went away like you said
And yes people know by now that she might collapsed in any minute so they are just waiting for their chance :tape::tape:
She lost 6 games in a row in IW,5 or 6 games in Miami and now again 6 games in a row :fiery:
We`ll see how it goes in Madrid and then RG :help::bolt:

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM
We don`t have the whole match but i highly doubt that she won the second set and was up 4-0 with that game
She probably relaxed or her mind went away like you said
And yes people know by now that she might collapsed in any minute so they are just waiting for their chance :tape::tape:
She lost 6 games in a row in IW,5 or 6 games in Miami and now again 6 games in a row :fiery:
We`ll see how it goes in Madrid and then RG :help::bolt:

I wonder about RG. I do think Ana doesn't care all that much about Rome, but she has to care for RG, right? She has to bring something extra.. I mean.. if she loses in a third round in RG and comes out saying that she is on the right track I think I'll just give up.. :tape::lol:

jelenacg
May 7th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I wonder about RG. I do think Ana doesn't care all that much about Rome, but she has to care for RG, right? She has to bring something extra.. I mean.. if she loses in a third round in RG and comes out saying that she is on the right track I think I'll just give up.. :tape::lol:

Even she won`t say that :lol::lol:
Anyway i was right about JJ not defending her title,too bad i can`t be right about anything that has to do with Ana
Whenever i say she will play good and that she is on the right track she proves me wrong
She like to do that to me :rolleyes:

~Kiera~
May 7th, 2009, 09:06 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=15587152&postcount=133

Ana withdrew from Madrid.

mure
May 7th, 2009, 09:14 PM
this season SUX:o

hellas719
May 7th, 2009, 09:26 PM
:help:

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 09:30 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=15587152&postcount=133

Ana withdrew from Madrid.

WTF? Does she have an injury now? :sobbing:

dybbuk
May 7th, 2009, 09:32 PM
WTF. :o

jelenacg
May 7th, 2009, 09:33 PM
:eek::eek:
Is this true,any official news

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 09:34 PM

I'm bad luck.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 09:35 PM

Things just got a whole lot worse.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 7th, 2009, 09:37 PM

:awww::awww:
Going to RG with 3 matches played on clay :help:

luv_sweetAna
May 7th, 2009, 09:39 PM

Well look at that, they did :o Please tell me this is not true...:help:

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 09:41 PM
This is so bad.. Ana will get to RG, if she gets there, with 3 matches played on clay..

I was so looking foward to Madrid, and I'm sure Ana was as well.. she loves Spain.

I wonder what happened.. Yesterday in her presser she was asked about her foot.. it seems it was heavily strapped. But she said it was okay. And talked about playing Madrid.

Earlier today I checked out the quali draw for Madrid and it had Niculescu on. Now I just checked again and it says revised draw and Niculescu moved into main draw.

This is so awful.. not only Madrid was important to get match play.. if Ana is injured, it's such bad luck.. I can't believe it.

jelenacg
May 7th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I completely forgot that she was asked about her foot :sad::bigcry::bigcry:
Dear God,i so don`t want to be in her place when RG start :help::help:
I can`t believe the amount of the bad luck she was having lately

luv_sweetAna
May 7th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Who's the bastard that made her voodoo doll? This is just unbelievable.

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I completely forgot that she was asked about her foot :sad::bigcry::bigcry:
Dear God,i so don`t want to be in her place when RG start :help::help:

I'm afraid of what the reason can be.. I'm praying it's only precautionary..

This is such bad luck. Where is Ana's luck? It went away with that net cord at Wimbledon last year. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Who's the bastard that made her voodoo doll? This is just unbelievable.

Someone from the RG, better known as The Ana Ivanovic hate forum. :sobbing:

Princeza
May 7th, 2009, 09:53 PM
This year is so shitty :speakles:
I can't believe it, two weeks before RG. I wish she didn't have this defending champion status and pressure.

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I was thinking.. Just yesterday she was talking about playing Madrid, her web has the Madrid tournament as her next tournament. She could have waited until tomorrow to withdraw.. the draw is not out yet.. Either something bad happened or she really had something in her foot that she didn't want to talk about. This is so awful.. I really hope she was adivised to withdraw for precautionary reasons.

jelenacg
May 7th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Forget about RG and everything ,the last thing she needs right now is to be injured :banghead::banghead:
Is there any chance that maybe someone else withdrew

luv_sweetAna
May 7th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Agree jelenacg, just remembering that &&@%^# thumb injury already got me the shivers.

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Forget about RG and everything ,the last thing she needs right now is to be injured :banghead::banghead:
Is there any chance that maybe someone else withdrew

I'm really worried.. An injury out of the blue.. Ana has been having such a huge bad luck...

I don't think there is any chance.. The boiled Egg has direct access to the entry list and said Ana's name was crossed.

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Agree jelenacg, just remembering that &&@%^# thumb injury already got me the shivers.

Yes.. Number 1? Yes! Got Injured...

Defending champion at a Slam? Gets injured? WTF? This is just.. :sobbing:

There are no news anywhere about the reasons.. can't they just say something? :sobbing:

DownTheLine21
May 7th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I'll wait until Ana gives her reasons. I'm guessing that this is only precautionary, although it might mean that she won't be able to practice much before RG.

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I'll wait until Ana gives her reasons. I'm guessing that this is only precautionary, although it might mean that she won't be able to practice much before RG.

I guess there will be some news in her web tomorrow... :sobbing:

In any case, it's awful..

spiritedenergy
May 7th, 2009, 10:59 PM
OMG:sobbing: I just noticed this now in GM, I wasn't subscribed to this thread so i didn't know... awful:sad: I think she's injured, there are no other reasons, Madrid is mandatory. Well let's hope it's not serious and she can play RG.:o

jelenacg
May 7th, 2009, 11:00 PM
So we won`t know anything before tomorrow ,just great :rolleyes:
I still can`t believe this is happening and i hope this is only precautionary
This RG is going to be so much fun,can`t wait :rolleyes:
Anci :hug:

spiritedenergy
May 7th, 2009, 11:06 PM
So we won`t know anything before tomorrow ,just great :rolleyes:
I still can`t believe this is happening and i hope this is only precautionary
This RG is going to be so much fun,can`t wait :rolleyes:
Anci :hug:

I guess so, it's written in her website that she was heading to Madrid so I guess it was something unexpected. I also hope it's mainly precautionary.:sobbing:

jelenacg
May 7th, 2009, 11:14 PM
http://tenfem.streetreporters.net/?p=1594
It`s in French but i guess it`s true that she withdrew
Such a bad luck :(
So she has a very low confidence,pressure of being the defending champion and now injury ,great :rolleyes:
I don`t know what else can happen to make this worse,maybe her not playing RG at all
I`m so mad right now :fiery::fiery:

gaviotabr
May 7th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I wonder if she felt something during the match and today she woke up feeling worse? :sobbing:

Ore 16.45: E' fatta la frittata. Ana Ivanovic si fa recuperare da 4-0 nel terzo e perde per 6-4 con la Radwanska. Nel post-partita siamo riusciti a vederla negli spogliatoi: stava buttata su un divano, lo sguardo affranto ed un piede rialzatoe vistosamente fasciato. Probabilmente uno dei motivi della sconfitta risiede proprio nel poverino piedino.

http://ubitennis.quotidianonet.ilsole24ore.com/2009/05/06/173401-pennetta.shtml

spiritedenergy
May 7th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I wonder if she felt something during the match and today she woke up feeling worse? :sobbing:

http://ubitennis.quotidianonet.ilsole24ore.com/2009/05/06/173401-pennetta.shtml

They said she was on a couch, sad in her face, with the foot heavily strapped. They suspect that was the reason why she lost.

I also think this is the reason and maybe she didn't want to let other people know before Madrid? Maybe we have been too harsh on her, Ana:sobbing::hug:

jelenacg
May 7th, 2009, 11:24 PM
They said she was on a couch, sad in her face, with the foot heavily strapped. They suspect that was the reason why she lost.

I also think this is the reason and maybe she didn't want to let other people know before Madrid? Maybe we have been too harsh on her, Ana:sobbing::hug:

:crying2::crying2:
Anci get well soon please :hug:

Nikkiri
May 7th, 2009, 11:37 PM
What the hell :hysteric:

spiritedenergy
May 7th, 2009, 11:47 PM
I've never started a tournament thread, can I start RG (if she plays...)? :p Ana please forgive us for attacking you so madly (hopefully she doesn't read this forum:unsure:), please get well soon:hug:

Reckoner
May 7th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I think it's pretty sad that I came here after I saw the GM thread to make sure it wasn't a joke.

This is awful. I really hope that this is precautionary. When Ana isn't playing I lose a lot of my interest in following tennis.

SOA_MC
May 8th, 2009, 01:07 AM
I was thinking.. Just yesterday she was talking about playing Madrid, her web has the Madrid tournament as her next tournament. She could have waited until tomorrow to withdraw.. the draw is not out yet.. Either something bad happened or she really had something in her foot that she didn't want to talk about. This is so awful.. I really hope she was adivised to withdraw for precautionary reasons.

You still believe what's written on her site :p

I need a break from all the disappointments :( I'm off for a week see you all for Paris :bigcry:

quickfound
May 8th, 2009, 03:17 AM

As of 7pm PDT (4am CEST) the Italian story is the only suggestion of what might be the reason for Ana's withdrawal. No one at the GM thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=378252&page=5) or the entry list thread (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=374891&page=10) has any hint as to why, and there is nothing at Ana's official website. (http://www.anaivanovic.com/)

Although the Italian story says her foot was taped, the tourney quotes from her postmatch interview (http://www.internazionalibnlditalia.it/1/PopNews.asp?LNG=EN&IDNews=504) say nothing of an injury:

After slipping to a three-set defeat to Poland’s Agnieszka Radwanska, Ana Ivanovic preferred to take the positives out of her early exit to the tournament, despite the fact that she has been on a terrible run of form since capturing her first Grand Slam at Roland Garros last June.

“I really started poor,” admitted the No5 seed. “I was making way too many unforced errors. It was a little bit frustrating because last night I played really well, so I just assumed I would start the same. I wasn't working as hard for my points and I was going for winners way too early. Once I settled in I felt like I had my game back and my game plan was working well. But then in the third set, she started playing much more aggressive and deeper balls. So even when I had a chance to come in I wasn't doing that, I was staying way too much on the baseline and she was moving me around. Obviously that was a little bit frustrating.”

“After I was 4 0 up she didn't give me many opportunities. I was a little bit disappointed I didn't step in and take some balls out of the air, because I think that's the way I should play against her,” the Serbian continued. “She's great mover, and she was retrieving lots of balls. I stayed way back way too much, but I don't think it's confidence, because I’ve been hitting really well and last night I had really good match against Francesca. I just wasn't aware of these things at that present moment. Afterwards, when I was speaking with my coach, I was like, yeah, that's exactly what was missing. I also think I should have mixed my serve up a little bit more when I was up a couple of breaks. But she played extremely well and hardly made any errors.”

When asked about her clay-court form, the defending French Open champion stated that she felt “really good. Yesterday I played an unbelievable match, and that gave my a lot of confidence because I was working really hard for my points. Francesca is very tough opponent and it really made me feel good. And my serve is getting much better - I feel power on it, it's back. I just have to stick with the things I’ve been doing. I’ve been working really hard, but obviously I haven't played too many matches on the clay courts. I really hope next week I have opportunity to compete a little bit more and play some matches, because I’ve been practising way enough. I feel confident.”

It appears that either she was injured during the match, but did not yet know the severity and did not want to discuss it, or that she incurred an injury while practicing on Thursday.

Davodus
May 8th, 2009, 03:32 AM
what the hell :speakles:

i hope ana is ok!

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 03:38 AM
A la conquista de Ivanovic
De Natalia Maldonado (el 07/05/2009 a las 21:11:27, en Ana Ivanovic, 2 Visitas)
Ana Ivanovic no tiene novio y por si hubiera algún lector dispuesto a ocupar el hueco que dejó Verdasco en el corazón de la bella tenista apunto los datos necesarios para que la conquista se haga efectiva. La número 1 del tenis mundial, no soporta a los plastas ("lo peor que puede hacer un tío es pedirme el teléfono y no parar de llamarme o mandarme mensajes"); por el contrario, le vuelven loca los morenos, altos y simpáticos, a los que les guste bailar a ritmo de R&B y sean adictos, como ella, a "Prison Break". Adora las películas de terror, los sudokus y la novela histórica. Caballero, si cree que usted que tiene posibilidades, ha de saber que la serbia ya está en Madrid, dentro de la "Caja Mágica". Acérquese con un zumo de naranja fresquito (su bebida favorita) y háblele de finanzas, que de eso ella sabe mucho pues se matriculó en esta carrera en septiembre de 2007. Por el idioma no hay problema, pues además de un excelente juego y unas medidas de infarto, Ivanovic tiene don de lenguas: habla inglés, serbio y un poco de español.

http://www.abc.es/blogs/open-vip/public/post/a-la-conquista-de-ivanovic-1029.asp

This is a newspaper blog about the Madrid Open. According to this, posted today, Ana is already in Madrid. The withdrawal was a very last minute decision.. They say she was at the Caja Magica. I wonder if she went to practice and felt something.. :sobbing:

Still.. I don't get it.. why the rush to withdraw from the tournament? Is there a bigger fine if she withdraws after the draw is made or after the qualis start?

jonnyroyale_13
May 8th, 2009, 04:08 AM
nothing about it makes any sense. We can only wait for some official statement.

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2009, 04:21 AM
So weird. :(

dybbuk
May 8th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if she injured herself during the match then didn't want to mention it. :rolleyes: She's way too good of a loser sometimes.

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Hopefully Ana will use this time to rest up for RG. I'm sure that she'll show up in Paris in two weeks, even if she has to play with a heavily strapped foot.

Dexter
May 8th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I'm used to all these surprises by now, but a few things pissed me off. First her talk after the loss in Rome how confident and fit she feels. 2nd thing is her website. They've become so damn bad... Biased as nothing else, of course they're not going to publish the bad news for a long time. The best player's website my ass. :rolleyes:
*MIGHTY PISSED*

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 8th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I never saw this coming. Never had the idea she might be injured during the match.
Maybe better don't try play Rome anymore. Injury in 2006 and 2007. Lost her only match there in 2008 and now she gets injured during Rome.
She better be 100% when RG starts.

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I'm used to all these surprises by now, but a few things pissed me off. First her talk after the loss in Rome how confident and fit she feels. 2nd thing is her website. They've become so damn bad... Biased as nothing else, of course they're not going to publish the bad news for a long time. The best player's website my ass. :rolleyes:
*MIGHTY PISSED*

I'm feeling the same... I thought I would wake up to some news.. but I guess they are waiting for the draw to come out without her name to say something.. :o

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I never saw this coming. Never had the idea she might be injured during the match.
Maybe better don't try play Rome anymore. Injury in 2006 and 2007. Lost her only match there in 2008 and now she gets injured during Rome.
She better be 100% when RG starts.

Rome is definitely not Ana's happy place.. :sobbing:

Funny how things can change so much in so little time.. just a couple of days ago we were all happy and hopeful because of Ana's first match.. now all this.. and with RG just around the corner. It's just so awful.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 8th, 2009, 12:05 PM
No news yet :fiery::fiery:
Does anyone know when the draw will be out,i guess only then we will have some information :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Argh.. nothing.. the draw is supposed to made today at 14:00 local time. In 1 hour.. so they must be really waiting for it to say anything.. :o

Ana seemed okay during the match against Radwanska.. could she have suffered such a serious injury that prevents her to play at all in a couple of days? It has to be precautionary because RG is just around the corner.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Is all this about some decision from her team? I still remember how disastrous it ended up being pulling out of Eastbourne last year because of a minor injury she could have played on.

I was looking at the rankings and Ana is the player in the top 30 who has played the least tournaments this year. Not only is she not winning much, she is not even attempting to play more.. she is clearly lacking match play. :sobbing:

And now get to RG with only 3 matches on clay.. I was reading Matt Cronin at tennis reporters and he was saying after the match against Schiavone that Ana was really happy to be back on the clay.. now she will barely be playing on it at all. :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 8th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Argh.. nothing.. the draw is supposed to made today at 14:00 local time. In 1 hour.. so they must be really waiting for it to say anything.. :o

Ana seemed okay during the match against Radwanska.. could she have suffered such a serious injury that prevents her to play at all in a couple of days? It has to be precautionary because RG is just around the corner.. :sobbing:

I`m really hoping for that ,the last thing she needs now is to get injured :sobbing:
I don`t care about RG or anything the most important thing is that she is healthy
So in one hour we will know something...

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I`m really hoping for that ,the last thing she needs now is to get injured :sobbing:
I don`t care about RG or anything the most important thing is that she is healthy
So in one hour we will know something...

I hope she is ok.. :sobbing:

I guess it will take a bit longer for the draw to be out on the internet.. her web should have the news.. :o

jelenacg
May 8th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I hope she is ok.. :sobbing:

I guess it will take a bit longer for the draw to be out on the internet.. her web should have the news.. :o

I`m with Dexter ,her website pisses me off:mad::mad:
I can`t believe they are waiting for us to see that she is not in the draw :mad:
Really smart:fiery:

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I`m with Dexter ,her website pisses me off:mad::mad:
I can`t believe they are waiting for us to see that she is not in the draw :mad:
Really smart:fiery:

Yes! I totally pisses me off as well.. though.. I'm not trying to defend them, but I remember once they wrote that they couldn't announce it earlier because it would supose a huge fine from the WTA. So maybe the WTA just wants to keep Ana "officially" in as much as posible.. which is obviously when the draw comes out without her name. :o

This wait is so frustrating.. not having a clue about what happened.. and after such a tough loss in Rome.. :sad:

I think Ana needs to do something to get luck back.. As people would say here.. "Ela precisa se benzer que tá difícil"... It seems that everytime things start to get better, something bad happens that she takes quite a few steps back. There is too much hate and envy towards her.. :o

jelenacg
May 8th, 2009, 12:56 PM
They wrote that after she got injured in Doha last year ,it`s probably true but i`m not mad only bc of that...
She has such a bad luck lately that i have no words :help:

Isha312
May 8th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I too thought I'd be waking up to some news from her website. Its half the reason I'm up this early.

At this point, I kind of just want the French Open to be over. :sad: That way, the little bit of hope that I have left in me for Ana to do well can be crushed when she goes out early and I won't have any expectations for the rest of the year and can be happy with whatever she achieves.

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 01:00 PM
They wrote that after she got injured in Doha last year ,it`s probably true but i`m not mad only bc of that...
She has such a bad luck lately that i have no words :help:

Yes.. even in matches... the net doesn't love her anymore... opponents never choke.. and these injuries and set backs.. where is her share of luck? Everybody deserves some.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I too thought I'd be waking up to some news from her website. Its half the reason I'm up this early.

At this point, I kind of just want the French Open to be over. :sad: That way, the little bit of hope that I have left in me for Ana to do well can be crushed when she goes out early and I won't have any expectations for the rest of the year and can be happy with whatever she achieves.

I share your feelings... Before Rome I didn't want RG to come.. I liked to read Ana Ivanovic current French Open Champion. But now.. with all this.. I just want it to be over. If Ana plays, she will get there with no confidence, barely any match played on clay and with the pressure of being the defending champion. Right now I just hope she doesn't lose in the first round. :sobbing:

The clay season is always my favorite part of the tennis year.. and it's ruined.

I want some news!!!

jelenacg
May 8th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Even if she is in great form ,she will still have a lot of pressure on her back...
But now with 3 matches played on clay:tape:i said it before i so don`t wan`t to be in her place during RG :help::help:
She really needs a littler bit of luck ,even during YEC in Doha she was sick :sobbing:

Davodus
May 8th, 2009, 01:15 PM
once the FO is over, she has no longer got any pressure, maybe that could turn her game around :lol:

i HOPE so anyway, but i hope more she plays well at roland garros

Isha312
May 8th, 2009, 01:20 PM
The clay season is always my favorite part of the tennis year.. and it's ruined.

I want some news!!!

I totally love clay season normally, but this year's has just been so awful and disappointing. I was even left yesterday wondering WHY I became an Ana fan. Of course I'm not gonna abandon her now, I can't, but this past year has just been so heartbreaking time and time again...

Costanza
May 8th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Even if she is in great form ,she will still have a lot of pressure on her back...
But now with 3 matches played on clay:tape:i said it before i so don`t wan`t to be in her place during RG :help::help:
She really needs a littler bit of luck ,even during YEC in Doha she was sick :sobbing:

In contrary to "amazing" 5 last year.Puhleeze!

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 01:26 PM

So much bad luck.. there is always something up with her.. :sad:

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I totally love clay season normally, but this year's has just been so awful and disappointing. I was even left yesterday wondering WHY I became an Ana fan. Of course I'm not gonna abandon her now, I can't, but this past year has just been so heartbreaking time and time again...

I share your feelings.. This past year has been tough to handle.. only the true fans can deal with it..

I hope at some point it makes Ana stronger..

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Any match makes a difference.. Though I'm much more worried about what's the real reason for the withdrawal. If it's an injury, she might not even be able to practice..

Davodus
May 8th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Any match makes a difference.. Though I'm much more worried about what's the real reason for the withdrawal. If it's an injury, she might not even be able to practice..

me too, I hope it isn't serious, no practice leading into FO would be a disaster

but we can't control anything, so we will have to wait and see :o

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Knee injury forces Ana out of Madrid
May 08, 2009 /

Ana has been forced to withdraw from the Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open, a $4.5m Premier Mandatory event which begins tomorrow. The 21-year-old is suffering from inflammation of the right knee and doctors have ordered her not to play competitively for one week.

“I’m so disappointed to be missing Madrid,” said Ana, who owns a holiday home in Mallorca and has been learning Spanish. “When I saw the 2009 calendar this was one of the events that I was most looking forward to, because I love Spain.

“I visited the Caja Magica two years ago during the Sony Ericsson Championships and it looked like a beautiful stadium. I’m very sad that I won’t be there, and I’m sorry for my supporters too.

“My knee has been bothering me since the Fed Cup a couple of weeks ago. It’s become more painful with each match so I decided to go and see a specialist in Munich.

“Unfortunately he and his staff told me that I need to take a break from playing matches, although I must work hard on my recovery during the next week. It’s very frustrating because I feel that my overall fitness is at its peak, and I have been practising very well.

“At the moment there is no danger of me missing Paris: my focus is now on Roland Garros.”

According to new Sony Ericsson WTA Tour rules, Ana must visit the Madrid area at some point in the next 51 weeks and perform promotional activities to avoid a fine and suspension. She will also forsake up to $250,000 in Bonus Pool payments.

The French Open, at which Ana is the defending champion, begins on Sunday 24 May.

:sobbing:

Isha312
May 8th, 2009, 02:36 PM
What next? :sad:

Davodus
May 8th, 2009, 02:39 PM
that's not too bad
inflammation is easily overcome

but i don't like the fine thing, it is not like it was her fault :o

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Really.. will she ever learn from past experiences? If it bothered her since the Fed Cup, she should have gone to the doctor right away.. Madrid was much more important then Rome for an example.. and she would have more time of recovery before RG. Again like with the thumb she was playing on something that was not well. :o:sad:

jelenacg
May 8th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Knee injury ,just great :rolleyes:
So she will not practice for one week and then she has one week to prepare for RG :tape::help:
She should have gone to doctor right after the FC
I`m just hoping this won`t eventually turn out to be some serious injury

Davodus
May 8th, 2009, 02:54 PM
i think she will still practice, because she said she can't play competitive matches, so by that word choice i would say she will have a couple of days off but still practice

bruce goose
May 8th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Really.. will she ever learn from past experiences? If it bothered her since the Fed Cup, she should have gone to the doctor right away.. Madrid was much more important then Rome for an example.. and she would have more time of recovery before RG. Again like with the thumb she was playing on something that was not well. :o:sad:Well,I'm trying to put a positive spin on this,which is:This news re-inforces Sjoerd's comment that Ana wasn't playing badly vs. Radwanska...and that she didn't really choke or suffer some huge mental breakdown.I'm not going to deny that the serve and FH should be more powerful,but this is a perfectly logical explanation for Ana's 'bagel string' in the 3rd set.It was very classy of Ana:angel: to not steal any credit from Aga even though she's been diagnosed with a legitimate injury.Obviously,though,we're hoping for a SURE recovery as opposed to last year's premature rush-back from the wrist problem:eek:

DownTheLine21
May 8th, 2009, 03:32 PM
That news isn't so bad. Ana seems confident that she'll be fine for RG.

mure
May 8th, 2009, 03:38 PM
this reminds me of the "injury" which kept her out of easterbourne last year.some things look strange but whatever,if these 2 extra weeks help her for RG let it be

spiritedenergy
May 8th, 2009, 03:51 PM
:o

Dinayer
May 8th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Get Well Soon, Ana :hug:
:sad:

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I hope this injury is properly diagnosed, not like the thumb injury. If it's properly diagnosed, I'm sure the doctor prescribed the right treatment and Ana will be fit to play RG. Than.. each win can be celebrated. If luck gets back to her, she will get a ridiculously easy draw, with all the opponents handing her the matches, up until the second week to use it as a warp up.. That's my only hope for a good showing.. :sobbing:

Seriously.. when will Ana finally be out of this funk? It's injuries, illness, bad form.. nothing seems to work out.. It's just so unfair.. :sad:

spiritedenergy
May 8th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I hope this injury is properly diagnosed, not like the thumb injury. If it's properly diagnosed, I'm sure the doctor prescribed the right treatment and Ana will be fit to play RG. Than.. each win can be celebrated. If luck gets back to her, she will get a ridiculously easy draw, with all the opponents handing her the matches, up until the second week to use it as a warp up.. That's my only hope for a good showing.. :sobbing:

Seriously.. when will Ana finally be out of this funk? It's injuries, illness, bad form.. nothing seems to work out.. It's just so unfair.. :sad:

:hug:

It has to finish at some point I hope:sobbing:

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2009, 05:39 PM
My faves are cursed with bad knees :hysteric:

spiritedenergy
May 8th, 2009, 05:45 PM
My faves are cursed with bad knees :hysteric:

Maria:hug::sobbing:

bruce goose
May 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM

Seriously.. when will Ana finally be out of this funk? It's injuries, illness, bad form.. nothing seems to work out.. It's just so unfair.. :sad::hug:"Paging contador Zorro brasileño for some good cheer..." Think how much happier and thankful you'll be when it DOES work out:smooch:

Loungy
May 8th, 2009, 05:52 PM
5 plus a title in IW plus runner-up at the AO. Situation is completely different this year. Some more matches on clay could have given her more confidence.

That said, it's not like Madrid offers good preparation for RG anyway, so she's probably better off skipping it, tending to her injury and then practicing in appropriate conditions, than playing Madrid and losing 3R again.

Nikkiri
May 8th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Maria:hug::sobbing:

Even my faves on the ATP side have shit knees :sobbing:

Princeza
May 8th, 2009, 06:35 PM
That news isn't so bad. Ana seems confident that she'll be fine for RG.

She was confident for each tournament of this year too...

I won't be expecting anything, I just hope she'll be treated well. I don't want her to play just because she's the defending champion, lose in R1 and make her injury worse. If she has to skip the French and break my heart :sobbing: , well that's the way it is.

But in Ana's marvellous world of fairy tales, we know that everything will be fine and that she'll play :D

Marilyn Monheaux
May 8th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Oh boy! That sucks so much! She's probably incredible disappointed now:sad:
Right now, I'm not sure what's worse for her. The actual injury or the mental side. She's been in a slump for about a year now and only occasionally played good tennis.
Now, after the Radwanska choke, which itself must have been a tough pill to swallow, she has another injury.:sad:
Hopefully she can recover from this!
Best of luck, Ana:hug:

I must be really cursed that all my faves go out with injuries:sobbing:

Mixo
May 8th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Gaviota, Im not going to let you open another cheering thread ever!! xD

Ok, Madrid hasnt started yet and it is over for me.

Ajde Ana in Paris!!!!!

gaviotabr
May 8th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Gaviota, Im not going to let you open another cheering thread ever!! xD

Ok, Madrid hasnt started yet and it is over for me.

Ajde Ana in Paris!!!!!

I'm so sorry.. I never want to open another thread in my life! :sobbing:

I was so looking foward to Madrid.. :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
May 8th, 2009, 07:54 PM

:lol: It's not your fault let's not believe in superstitions now:kiss:

Mixo
May 8th, 2009, 07:55 PM

Hahahah dont worry. You're not guilty hehe

jonnyroyale_13
May 8th, 2009, 11:05 PM
that's not too bad
inflammation is easily overcome

but i don't like the fine thing, it is not like it was her fault :o

yeah, thats some serious BS about the fine. rules are rules, but damn, it sounds like they give her community service in Madrid, picking up trash off along the roads or something.:lol:
Ana:hug: please just stay healthy, i am so relieved to come home from work and see this is what it was, i was actually expecting something devastating.
Not that knee problems arent a serious thing. Ive got some shit knees myself, kind of comes and goes. When it comes to understanding medical lingo, im totally ignorant, but if its what i think it is, she'll be fine. Rub some dirt on it and take an advil.:kiss:

gaviotabr
May 10th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Radwanska just lost in Madrid to Sam Stosur. How did Ana lose to her again? Bummed knee or not.. :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
May 10th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Radwanska just lost in Madrid to Sam Stosur. How did Ana lose to her again? Bummed knee or not.. :sobbing:

in all honesty, i'm disgusted, especially at the explanation "she didn't miss any ball" in the third set. :o

Anyways Ana, the fairytale continues:hug:

jelenacg
May 10th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I can`t say I`m surprised
Did Kleyabanova do anything special this year except defeating Ana? NO
Neither did Szavay,and as i can see Radwanska is going in the same directions :rolleyes::rolleyes:
It`s not like they played great and won (no matter what Ana says :rolleyes:)
Ana is just very generous these lost couple of months :rolleyes:

The Daviator
May 10th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I can`t say I`m surprised
Did Kleyabanova do anything special this year except defeating Ana? NO
Neither did Szavay,and as i can see Radwanska is going in the same directions :rolleyes::rolleyes:
It`s not like they played great and won (no matter what Ana says :rolleyes:)
Ana is just very generous these lost couple of months :rolleyes:

I was thinking this the other day, how everyone who has beaten Ana this year has lost in the next round - Mauresmo in Brisbane, Kleybanova in Melbourne, Serena in Dubai, Szavay in Miami and Radwanska in Rome :rolleyes: Obviously Vera too but that was in a final :p

dybbuk
May 10th, 2009, 09:08 PM
:ras: Agnes played Vika who was on fire, and took more games off her than Serena did.

gaviotabr
May 10th, 2009, 10:14 PM
in all honesty, i'm disgusted, especially at the explanation "she didn't miss any ball" in the third set. :o

Anyways Ana, the fairytale continues:hug:

I share your feelings... :o

bruce goose
May 10th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I share your feelings... :oFirst of all,I hope you get some good news today that cheers you up slightly;)...as a non-player,I can't speak with authority,but wouldn't it possibly affect the power in Ana's service motion if she couldn't push off on her knee due to tendonitis??You have reasonably argued that Ana's forehand has been weaker since the infamous grip change,though I could see where the knee,the inability to plant on it,might hinder the FH,too.Let's recall how Sjoerd said she was playing pretty well,and wasn't even so horrible,a` la choking,during Aga's comeback.A recurring problem such as tendonitis--which has bothered her since Fed Cup according to her--might flare up later in a 3-set match and inhibit fluid movement,right??

gaviotabr
May 11th, 2009, 12:18 AM
First of all,I hope you get some good news today that cheers you up slightly;)...as a non-player,I can't speak with authority,but wouldn't it possibly affect the power in Ana's service motion if she couldn't push off on her knee due to tendonitis??You have reasonably argued that Ana's forehand has been weaker since the infamous grip change,though I could see where the knee,the inability to plant on it,might hinder the FH,too.Let's recall how Sjoerd said she was playing pretty well,and wasn't even so horrible,a` la choking,during Aga's comeback.A recurring problem such as tendonitis--which has bothered her since Fed Cup according to her--might flare up later in a 3-set match and inhibit fluid movement,right??

Yes, it could have been a factor. But bummed knee or not, you don't just lose 6 games in a row. That's mental, that's Ana letting her concentration go and getting frustrated. There are just no excuses..

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 11th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Yes, it could have been a factor. But bummed knee or not, you don't just lose 6 games in a row. That's mental, that's Ana letting her concentration go and getting frustrated. There are just no excuses..

Don't always put it at the mental thing. These days it looks like it's always mental no matter what the match was like.
And I didn't feel she was getting really frustrated and that's why she lost it.

gaviotabr
May 11th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Don't always put it at the mental thing. These days it looks like it's always mental no matter what the match was like.
And I didn't feel she was getting really frustrated and that's why she lost it.

Well Sjoerd, that's my opinion. The games I saw, which were the ones she lost in the third set, her face was pure frustration.. every close up, she had that expresion on. And I do think 90% of Ana's problems right now are mental. I know you do not think the mental part has such an effect in Ana's slump, but I think it's the main reason. She loses concentration so often, that's as clear as water to me. There are matches Ana loses that have nothing to do with her mental game.. the Serena match in Dubai, for an example, though she did lose her serve with 2 double faults in a row. But her recent losses were very much mental, IMHO.

jelenacg
May 11th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I think someone should teach her to direct some of that frustration to her opponents :lol::lol:
Sometimes it`s easier when you are mad or frustrated with someone else than with yourself
So instead of thinking my game sucks big time she should be thinking that bitch :mad: now she decided to play great tennis :fiery::armed:

gaviotabr
May 11th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I think someone should teach her to direct some of that frustration to her opponents :lol::lol:
Sometimes it`s easier when you are mad or frustrated with someone else than with yourself
So instead of thinking my game sucks big time she should be thinking that bitch :mad: now she decided to play great tennis :fiery::armed:

Hi Jelena! :wavey:

You are right.. she could use that to up her own game.. :lol:

jelenacg
May 11th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Hi Izzy :wavey:
Remember that match against Hantuchova,Ana was very mad through whole match and that helped her a lot
And she wasn`t being mad only at herself,but at the empire as well :lol::lol:
Also Ana`s face impression was priceless , when JJ decided to stand on the racket in the third set while Ana was serving :lol:
She needs to learn how to deal with the frustration in the right way,bc it`s not something you can run away from

gaviotabr
May 11th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Hi Izzy :wavey:
Remember that match against Hantuchova,Ana was very mad through whole match and that helped her a lot
And she wasn`t being mad only at herself,but at the empire as well :lol::lol:
Also Ana`s face impression was priceless , when JJ decided to stand on the racket in the third set while Ana was serving :lol:
She needs to learn how to deal with the frustration in the right way,bc it`s not something you can run away from

You are right Jelena! She has been getting frustrated and losing focus.. she needs to use that frustration to get angry and fight, to be even more concentrated. Ana used to be very good with that in the past, but has lost a bit of the plot in the past year.. she needs to find that refusal to lose again within her.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 11th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Well Sjoerd, that's my opinion. The games I saw, which were the ones she lost in the third set, her face was pure frustration.. every close up, she had that expresion on. And I do think 90% of Ana's problems right now are mental. I know you do not think the mental part has such an effect in Ana's slump, but I think it's the main reason. She loses concentration so often, that's as clear as water to me. There are matches Ana loses that have nothing to do with her mental game.. the Serena match in Dubai, for an example, though she did lose her serve with 2 double faults in a row. But her recent losses were very much mental, IMHO.

Then every loss against an opponent who's not clearly stronger is mental then?
Ana won many close matches before and rarely lost in very good position.

That means so was so mentaaly strong before. And now she's so mentally weak?

Was Ana so good against Sveta in Madrid to win 6-1 4-6 7-5?
A bad or good netcord at Wimbledon isn't mental as well.
I just give some examples, cause some results can have several reasons.

I respect your opinion of course, but for me it's too easy and it has many leaks to just say it's only (or 90%) mental.
In this way mental has not much meaning at all.

To give an opinion myself. Still hard to say what's now exactly the problem.
Could be, that just her game isn't improving. Then there's also the inconsistency she still has. Here and there you can see that her game is changing a bit, but can't say the total quality is as it should be.
What I say in Rome was that she has the patience and can cut down the errors. Also more first serves in.
Eventually I think you get better results if you build on this, then just the brainless game as before.
Of course it can get you some nice titles, but also before winning RG see had some terrible losses.
If she can just put these weaknesses to the minimum, then her strong points will do the rest.

Actually too bad we can't get any useful information for Ana or her team. What she think is wrong or what she's trying to do.
Cause what we hear in interviews is probably not how the situation is.

gaviotabr
May 11th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Then every loss against an opponent who's not clearly stronger is mental then?

Of course not.. she can go and play terrible tennis.. like against Zheng in Wimbledon. That was not 90% mental to me, though Ana herself thinks it was a matter of not having any intensity in her, which would be mental. To me it was simply Ana playing bad and Zheng playing great. But her past losses, in thight matches she could have been in a position to win look totally mental to me. I see it like she couldn't keep strong and up her game in the decisive moments, and that is all in the head IMHO.

Ana won many close matches before and rarely lost in very good position.

That means so was so mentaaly strong before. And now she's so mentally weak?

Was Ana so good against Sveta in Madrid to win 6-1 4-6 7-5?
A bad or good netcord at Wimbledon isn't mental as well.
I just give some examples, cause some results can have several reasons.

I respect your opinion of course, but for me it's too easy and it has many leaks to just say it's only (or 90%) mental.
In this way mental has not much meaning at all.

To give an opinion myself. Still hard to say what's now exactly the problem.
Could be, that just her game isn't improving. Then there's also the inconsistency she still has. Here and there you can see that her game is changing a bit, but can't say the total quality is as it should be.
What I say in Rome was that she has the patience and can cut down the errors. Also more first serves in.
Eventually I think you get better results if you build on this, then just the brainless game as before.
Of course it can get you some nice titles, but also before winning RG see had some terrible losses.
If she can just put these weaknesses to the minimum, then her strong points will do the rest.

Well Sjoerd, I guess we had this discussion before. We clearly don't agree on this matter, we have very different views.

Ok.. you only give examples of years ago... that won't do for me. I used to think Ana was pretty strong mentally. She had an awesome 3 sets record, used to get back into lost matches and actually win them, and so on. But in the past year, all this have been the opposite. She has lost the plot mentally, IMHO. She is getting constantly frustrated and losing focus.. I can look at Ana's face and see that her concentration is gone.

Her 3 set record stats is so telling.. She went from winning 21 out of 25 3 setters, from 2007 to early 2008, to winning only 5 out of 15. Ana has been losing tight matches a lot more often than not in the past year, and in those situations, your mental hability is the most important thing. I say this from a perspective of a former junior player. Tight matches are a lot more about how you cope mentally in the decisive moments than about your game in that match. Comparing the stats, I think Ana did lose her mental hability to be the stronger player in these situations in the past year.

Ana is capable of great tennis, but she has been incredibly inconsistent during a match, let alone a tournament. She said herself that she was assuming she was going to play well and ended up going into the match without being fully focused. When she is not completely concentrated, she tends to not play to her potential.. it can either be totally awful, UEs machine mode or just careless tennis, like the last 4 games against Radwanska were IMHO. When she clicks mentally, when she is focused and determined, when she has that look in her face, her game is still there, it's still very good. It can improve, as you say, sure.. and it's not at her best level yet, agreed. But when it comes to losing 6 games in a row, than for me it is a lot more about not being able to focus and to click mentally than about the level of her game.. it's about getting that fighting spirit and upping your game at the key moments. You can have a great game or an awful game, but lift you game in the key moments is about how you deal with it mentally. And that's another thing that's up with Ana IMHO. She is losing the key points very often.

I know we are not going to agree on this.. I'm not even sure why I wrote all this.. it seems so pointless to me.. So I guess this is the last I'll write about this for now.. I'm tired and this looks so obvious to me, I can't really relate to your opinion to try to make this an interesting discussion for me. I do respect your opinion though, everyone can think what they like.

Actually too bad we can't get any useful information for Ana or her team. What she think is wrong or what she's trying to do.
Cause what we hear in interviews is probably not how the situation is.

With this, I agree.

bruce goose
May 11th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Well Sjoerd, I guess we had this discussion before. We clearly don't agree on this matter, we have very different views.

Well,I'm pretty sure I know why you posted that long segment.......b/c you LOVE to argue your points:lol::lol::lol:....Seriously,Izzy,I don't think it's so bad when you and Sjoerd disagree as long as you don't have personal animosity towards each other(which I don't think either of you have).This is the ideal place to debate such things and you two are a couple of Ana's most informed fans...your input is what keeps this forum humming.Disagreement isn't any sort of crime as long as it doesn't escalate:angel:

gaviotabr
May 11th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Well,I'm pretty sure I know why you posted that long segment.......b/c you LOVE to argue your points:lol::lol::lol:....Seriously,Izzy,I don't think it's so bad when you and Sjoerd disagree as long as you don't have personal animosity towards each other(which I don't think either of you have).This is the ideal place to debate such things and you two are a couple of Ana's most informed fans...your input is what keeps this forum humming.Disagreement isn't any sort of crime as long as it doesn't escalate:angel:

It's just tiring me...

Actually thinking about stuff to write the last post I just got invaded with the idea that Ana might not ever recover from this.. :sobbing: This has been going on for a year now, and the longer it takes, the harder it is to get back into championship form. :sobbing: What a waste of talent it would be.. :sobbing:

bruce goose
May 11th, 2009, 11:57 PM
It's just tiring me...

Actually thinking about stuff to write the last post I just got invaded with the idea that Ana might not ever recover from this.. :sobbing: This has been going on for a year now, and the longer it takes, the harder it is to get back into championship form. :sobbing: What a waste of talent it would be.. :sobbing:Well,we might disagree on this next point,but I foresee Navrat taking a personal interest in helping Ana improve for big matches...not that Kardon will fade from the picture by any means.Unless Ana were SOOO stubborn as to not listen to a true legend,she could get a gold mine's worth of good advice that could turn things around for her.Also,I think you keep overlooking how many MEN'S top players have had resurgences when they were MUCH older than Ana....PLEASE don't take that as an invitation to a long discourse on the ATP,though....We get enough of that already:help:;):p

jelenacg
May 12th, 2009, 12:16 AM
It's just tiring me...

Actually thinking about stuff to write the last post I just got invaded with the idea that Ana might not ever recover from this.. :sobbing: This has been going on for a year now, and the longer it takes, the harder it is to get back into championship form. :sobbing: What a waste of talent it would be.. :sobbing:

:crying2::crying2:
I still hope it won`t come to that:angel:

spiritedenergy
May 12th, 2009, 12:20 AM
It's just tiring me...

OMG noooo I hope not:bigcry: You can never tell that's for sure, see Myskina, Kournikova, even Seles (on another level), but then we have Dementieva, Novotna, Mauresmo, Safina, the WS... It can go either way, but she's still 21 let's think positive for now (one more year of slumping and we can start discussing:p).

DownTheLine21
May 12th, 2009, 02:48 AM
It's just tiring me...

Look at Kuznetsova. She seemed like one of the biggest wastes of talent ever, but now seems to be putting everything together.

Reckoner
May 12th, 2009, 03:45 AM
I don't think I can handle years of mediocrity before she starts playing well again, if that were the case.

I just realized that I will be on vacation during the first week of RG, so I probably won't get to see Ana play unless she makes the second week.

spiritedenergy
May 12th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I don't think I can handle years of mediocrity before she starts playing well again, if that were the case.

I just realized that I will be on vacation during the first week of RG, so I probably won't get to see Ana play unless she makes the second week.

see you in Birmingham then:rolleyes::p

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 12th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Of course not.. she can go and play terrible tennis.. like against Zheng in Wimbledon. That was not 90% mental to me, though Ana herself thinks it was a matter of not having any intensity in her, which would be mental. To me it was simply Ana playing bad and Zheng playing great. But her past losses, in thight matches she could have been in a position to win look totally mental to me. I see it like she couldn't keep strong and up her game in the decisive moments, and that is all in the head IMHO.

Ok.. you only give examples of years ago... that won't do for me. I used to think Ana was pretty strong mentally. She had an awesome 3 sets record, used to get back into lost matches and actually win them, and so on. But in the past year, all this have been the opposite. She has lost the plot mentally, IMHO. She is getting constantly frustrated and losing focus.. I can look at Ana's face and see that her concentration is gone.

Her 3 set record stats is so telling.. She went from winning 21 out of 25 3 setters, from 2007 to early 2008, to winning only 5 out of 15. Ana has been losing tight matches a lot more often than not in the past year, and in those situations, your mental hability is the most important thing. I say this from a perspective of a former junior player. Tight matches are a lot more about how you cope mentally in the decisive moments than about your game in that match. Comparing the stats, I think Ana did lose her mental hability to be the stronger player in these situations in the past year.

Ana is capable of great tennis, but she has been incredibly inconsistent during a match, let alone a tournament. She said herself that she was assuming she was going to play well and ended up going into the match without being fully focused. When she is not completely concentrated, she tends to not play to her potential.. it can either be totally awful, UEs machine mode or just careless tennis, like the last 4 games against Radwanska were IMHO. When she clicks mentally, when she is focused and determined, when she has that look in her face, her game is still there, it's still very good. It can improve, as you say, sure.. and it's not at her best level yet, agreed. But when it comes to losing 6 games in a row, than for me it is a lot more about not being able to focus and to click mentally than about the level of her game.. it's about getting that fighting spirit and upping your game at the key moments. You can have a great game or an awful game, but lift you game in the key moments is about how you deal with it mentally. And that's another thing that's up with Ana IMHO. She is losing the key points very often.

I know we are not going to agree on this.. I'm not even sure why I wrote all this.. it seems so pointless to me.. So I guess this is the last I'll write about this for now.. I'm tired and this looks so obvious to me, I can't really relate to your opinion to try to make this an interesting discussion for me. I do respect your opinion though, everyone can think what they like.

With this, I agree.

You still don't convince me in anyway.
Yes, the key points. In they begining when I saw her play she mostly lost them. Then it was better in 2007 and somewhat 2008 and now it's about even. That are just the stats. Her 3 sets record was really good in the begining of her career. Now she kinda lost that great record.
If you just call that mental then also someone who don't even know how Ana looks like can make the same conclusion.

Just let's list the 3 sets matches from 2005.

01. Dominikovic 5-7 6-3 6-4
02. Benesova 3-6 7-6 6-1
03. Razzano 3-6 6-2 3-6
04. Mauresmo 6-2 2-6 4-6
05. Kuznetsova 6-3 3-6 7-5
06. Chakvetadze 5-7 6-3 6-2
07. Mauresmo 6-4 3-6 6-4
08. Schiavone 6-4 6-7 6-3
09. Bartoli 4-6 7-6 7-6
10. Vento-Kabchi 6-3 5-7 1-6
11. Golovin 6-4 5-7 7-5
12. Dementieva 6-2 4-6 2-6
13. Benesova 7-6 3-6 6-2
14. Chakvetadze 6-4 2-6 4-6
15. Molik 6-1 3-6 6-2
16. Safina 3-6 7-6 6-1
17. Chakvetadze 6-4 4-6 1-6
18. Zheng 6-4 6-7 6-2
19. Dushevina 6-3 5-7 6-4
20. Poutchkova 3-6 6-4 2-6
21. Kerber 6-3 6-7 6-3
22. Peer 7-5 4-6 4-6
23. Radwanska 6-2 3-6 6-2
24.Santangelo 4-6 6-1 6-2
25. Jankovic 3-6 6-4 6-2
26. Dechy 6-3 6-7 6-2
27. Bammer 7-6 0-6 3-6
28. Peng 1-6 6-4 6-3
29. Golovin 4-6 6-3 4-6
30. Dulko 6-0 6-7 6-4
31. Schnyder 7-5 3-6 6-4
32. Kuznetsova 3-6 6-4 7-6
33. Medina Garrigues 6-3 3-6 6-3
34. Kuznetsova 6-0 3-6 6-1
35. Petrova 6-1 2-6 6-4
36. Vaidisova 4-6 6-2 7-5
37. Jankovic 4-6 6-3 7-5
38. Hantuchova 3-6 6-4 6-4
39. K. Bondarenko 2-6 6-1 3-6
40. Kuznetsova 6-1 4-6 7-5
41. Razzano 6-1 2-6 7-5
42. Srebotnik 6-3 3-6 6-2
43. Henin 2-6 6-2 4-6
44. Hantuchova 0-6 6-3 6-4
45. Dementieva 7-5 3-6 3-6
46. Olaru 6-1 5-7 6-0
47. Schiavone 2-6 7-5 6-2
48. Bammer 7-5 4-6 6-4
49. Szavay 3-6 6-4 6-3
50. Jankovic 6-4 3-6 6-4
51. Dechy 6-7 7-6 10-8
52. Kvitova 6-3 4-6 6-3
53. Paszek 2-6 6-1 2-6
54. Dushevina 6-1 4-6 6-4
55. Coin 3-6 6-4 3-6
56. Petrova 1-6 6-1 2-6
57. Zheng 6-7 6-2 4-6
58. Cibulkova 6-3 2-6 6-7
59. V. Williams 6-4 3-6 4-6
60. Radwanska 6-2 3-6 7-5
61. Zvonareva 3-6 7-6 4-6
62. Vinci 6-7 7-5 6-1
63. Kleybanova 5-7 7-6 2-6
64. Pennetta 6-4 4-6 6-4
65. Szavay 4-6 6-4 1-6
66. Medina Garrigues 3-6 6-1 6-2
67. Radwanska 1-6 6-3 4-6

44-23 66%
10 times she lost after winning the first set. ONLY 2 of them were in the last year. That are again the stats.
Ana's game has always ups and downs in matches. It's really important that she starts a match with an up. That doesn't need much explaination I'd say.
Also many of these matches she should have won in 2.

You say you see it in her eyes that she loses focus. I'm not gonna into that now. It just always looks like she can't focus for the whole time.
The ups in downs in quality is just a big difference in matches.
8 of her 23 losses in 3 sets matches were before the QF's. Not sure but it kinda looks like Ana get's tougher in the end of a tournament.
For example I didn't think she would be Jankovic if it was a the 2nd round of RG instead of the SF.

Anyway, I think we better can discuss this on msn if we're gonna talk about it more.
Since I don't know what's Ana problem really is, I also can't say that it isn't mental at all. I'm just not buying any of these reasons that makes it as clear as water for you.

gaviotabr
May 12th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Anyway, I think we better can discuss this on msn if we're gonna talk about it more.
Since I don't know what's Ana problem really is, I also can't say that it isn't mental at all. I'm just not buying any of these reasons that makes it as clear as water for you.

No.. let's just not discuss it. It's pointless.. You keep giving years ago examples, when the problem started for Ana only a year ago.. as you can see from your own stats, she has never lost so many 3 setters in her career in a short space of time... even when she started out on tour it was much better.. and now it's not even, it's really bad stats: 5 wins to 10 losses. And the worst part.. to people she should never lose to.. so even playing terrible tennis, she should still find a way to win, mentally top her opponent in a tight match, which is not happening. The same way you don't get my point, I can't see yours either.. I actually don't see any point at all in your argument.. so I can't relate. From your post, I can only say I see it even more as clear as water how Ana's mental toughness went away with injury, pressure or whatever in the past year.

gaviotabr
May 12th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Look at Kuznetsova. She seemed like one of the biggest wastes of talent ever, but now seems to be putting everything together.

Oh no.. please don't compare Ana to Kuzzy.. I love Sveta, she is really among my favorites, but she is such a headcase. She has always been good at reaching finals, she has tons on her career, but the rare thing is what happened in Stuttgart and the common one what happened in Rome. :sobbing:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 12th, 2009, 06:59 PM
No.. let's just not discuss it. It's pointless.. You keep giving years ago examples, when the problem started for Ana only a year ago.. as you can see from your own stats, she has never lost so many 3 setters in her career in a short space of time... even when she started out on tour it was much better.. and now it's not even, it's really bad stats: 5 wins to 10 losses. And the worst part.. to people she should never lose to.. so even playing terrible tennis, she should still find a way to win, mentally top her opponent in a tight match, which is not happening. The same way you don't get my point, I can't see yours either.. I actually don't see any point at all in your argument.. so I can't relate. From your post, I can only say I see it even more as clear as water how Ana's mental toughness went away with injury, pressure or whatever in the past year.

Maybe I should use another SIZE to show it?
You just don't give any clear reason why it's mental.
Only saying it's clear as water! She loses matches she shouldn't, a real bad 3 sets record. That you looks like a comment from someone who's only watching results instead of matches.

So loses so much 3 sets matches than before? Yes, before she lost many 2 sets matches. So at least she shows some ups instead of all the 6-1 6-2 and 6-3 6-1 losses. But no, that's called being mental weak :rolleyes:
I just can't believe it that someone can have an opionion biased on such things. And I'm not just give stats from years ago. I said she lost only 2 times in the last year while winning the first set.
That's not much different than any other year.
Mostly she loses her 3 sets matches while losing the first, ESPECIALLy the LAST YEAR. She's just so inconsistent.
She should have beaten Pennetta in 2 sets in IW. Now she wins it in 3, so that's a mental strength in your eyes?

gaviotabr
May 12th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Maybe I should use another SIZE to show it?
You just don't give any clear reason why it's mental.
Only saying it's clear as water! She loses matches she shouldn't, a real bad 3 sets record. That you looks like a comment from someone who's only watching results instead of matches.

So loses so much 3 sets matches than before? Yes, before she lost many 2 sets matches. So at least she shows some ups instead of all the 6-1 6-2 and 6-3 6-1 losses. But no, that's called being mental weak :rolleyes:
I just can't believe it that someone can have an opionion biased on such things. And I'm not just give stats from years ago. I said she lost only 2 times in the last year while winning the first set.
That's not much different than any other year.
Mostly she loses her 3 sets matches while losing the first, ESPECIALLy the LAST YEAR. She's just so inconsistent.
She should have beaten Pennetta in 2 sets in IW. Now she wins it in 3, so that's a mental strength in your eyes?

I've given many reasons in other posts. In any tight match the deciding factor is how you mentally cope with the key points, if you can be the mentally stronger player and win the key points. Ana has been losing tight matches, because she hasn't been able to up her game in the decisive situations. That's directly related to mental hability. If she manages to make it a tight match, the deciding factor isn't so much tennis anymore, but how you mentally manage the match. I'm saying this because I've played tennis competitively and I know how things work.. Have you ever played tennis? But look, I don't want to convince you of anything.. you may think whatever you like. But it's bothering me how you won't quit trying to convince me. And you aren't even giving reasons for anything at all.. Anyway.. This is MY opinion.. even if it was based on nothing, which it isn't, it doesn't matter.. I can think whatever I want.

This discussion is totally pointless.. you are not going to convince me. I'm so bored with it that I don't even feel like writting essays about the topic to prove me right, so I'm clearly not going to convince you.. why keep up with it? Pointless..

And now I'm serious, this is the last time I'll reply to you. Promess.

jelenacg
May 12th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Kleybanova def. Venus WIlliams 6-3 3-6 7-5 :spit:
Venus :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
May 12th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Kleybanova def. Venus WIlliams 6-3 3-6 7-5 :spit:
Venus :rolleyes:

Just saw it Jelena! Venus on clay.. :help:

Really.. Wozniacki is getting lucky, now facing Alisa instead of Venus in the third round. It's always tougher to play a Williams even if it's clay.

Everybody gets lucky except Ana.. :sobbing:

I hope Ana can play Venus on clay sometime in the future. I really wanted to have seen it last week in Rome, but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. :sad: I think, Ana being healthy, she would have stepped up her game to play Venus and it could have been a very nice match. :sad:

jelenacg
May 12th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Just saw it Jelena! Venus on clay.. :help:

Really.. Wozniacki is getting lucky, now facing Alisa instead of Venus in the third round. It's always tougher to play a Williams even if it's clay.

Everybody gets lucky except Ana.. :sobbing:

I hope Ana can play Venus on clay sometime in the future. I really wanted to have seen it last week in Rome, but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. :sad: I think, Ana being healthy, she would have stepped up her game to play Venus and it could have been a very nice match. :sad:

Yes :sad:
I think Kleybanova will have her chances against Wozniacki ,she can definitely overpower her,and Madrid clay suits her game

gaviotabr
May 12th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Yes :sad:
I think Kleybanova will have her chances against Wozniacki ,she can definitely overpower her,and Madrid clay suits her game

I don't think so.. Wozniacki will get many free points from Kleybs errors, and Kleybs will not get free points from Caro. I'm sure Venus was hitting a lot of UEs today. Caro, on the other hand, is usually very solid.

jelenacg
May 12th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Yes i know,but i still think Kleybanova has a chance

gaviotabr
May 12th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Yes i know,but i still think Kleybanova has a chance

Well.. we will see... :)

I wonder how the results in Madrid will affect the seedings for RG. I know that Azarenka has to reach the final to get past Ana. Dementieva, Venus and JJ are very close and one of them will be out of the top 4. With Venus losing today, it might very well be her, since she is losing 220 points this week. JJ is defending 860 though, so she has to do well to keep herself in the top 4. Dementieva is not defending anything this week though, so she has a good chance.

spiritedenergy
May 13th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Venus:help: Welcome to the club "losers against Kleybanova":lol: I think she tanked though, probably a wise choice.;)

Ana is n.8, but Zvonareva is not playing so she will be at worst seed n.8 for RG right?

gaviotabr
May 13th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Venus:help: Welcome to the club "losers against Kleybanova":lol: I think she tanked though, probably a wise choice.;)

Ana is n.8, but Zvonareva is not playing so she will be at worst seed n.8 for RG right?

Is Vera out of RG? I'm not sure.. though she probably won't play, I think she is still on the entry list, right? But yeah.. if Vera doesn't play, Ana will be at worst number 8 seed. Caro and Petrova can't catch Ana just yet.

spiritedenergy
May 13th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Is Vera out of RG? I'm not sure.. though she probably won't play, I think she is still on the entry list, right? But yeah.. if Vera doesn't play, Ana will be at worst number 8 seed. Caro and Petrova can't catch Ana just yet.

I think she'll withdraw, but i'm not sure. Didn't know she was still in the entry list. Anyways, I truly hope and think that Azarenka won't make the final but with the way seeds are dropping it wouldn't be too strange:o If Ana is n.9 she could face Dementieva/Kuzzy/Azarenka/Zvonareva in the 4th round. Otherwise she could face Petrova/Radwanska/Wozniacki/Bartoli... don't know what is worse actually:o

Dexter
May 13th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Venus:help: Welcome to the club "losers against Kleybanova":lol: I think she tanked though, probably a wise choice.;)How 7-5 in the 3rd, coming back from 3-5 down is tanking? :weirdo:

bruce goose
May 13th, 2009, 10:36 AM
How 7-5 in the 3rd, coming back from 3-5 down is tanking? :weirdo:You're right,Dexter...that IS a strange comment.......but maybe YOU could explain why you posted,"1st round loss for Ana" with the ":drool:" drool emoticon.THAT was SUPER weird:confused:

spiritedenergy
May 13th, 2009, 04:07 PM
How 7-5 in the 3rd, coming back from 3-5 down is tanking? :weirdo:

maybe she wanted to make it competitive but she wasn't so keen on winning and play more? Some of Ana three setters I classify as tanking (Pironkova Rome 2008 for example):shrug:

gaviotabr
May 13th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Madrid has been a :silly: tournament.. :lol:

I'm watching Ferrer x Monaco right now on TV, and it's hilarious. They are missing the ball every now and then because of terrible bounces. Both have taken full swings to hit the air, with the ball just slowing passing by.. so funny. :lol:

The court is somehow uneven.. :tape:

SOA_MC
May 13th, 2009, 05:18 PM
If that had happen to Ana it would mess her head up even more

Might be a good thing Ana is not playing Madrid

jelenacg
May 13th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Madrid has been a :silly: tournament.. :lol:

I'm watching Ferrer x Monaco right now on TV, and it's hilarious. They are missing the ball every now and then because of terrible bounces. Both have taken full swings to hit the air, with the ball just slowing passing by.. so funny. :lol:

The court is somehow uneven.. :tape:

It is uneven ,some players complained about that :lol::lol:
When i first saw pictures of Caja Magica i really liked it.Now not so much ,the courts look awful and cold ,and atmosphere is also not great
I like the old Madrid tournament better
Kuznetsova lost today :eek:
And Nadal had in first set 0 UE ,i don`t think i have ever seen something like that :eek::worship::worship:

gaviotabr
May 13th, 2009, 05:37 PM
It is uneven ,some players complained about that :lol::lol:
When i first saw pictures of Caja Magica i really liked it.Now not so much ,the courts look awful and cold ,and atmosphere is also not great
I like the old Madrid tournament better
Kuznetsova lost today :eek:
And Nadal had in first set 0 UE ,i don`t think i have ever seen something like that :eek::worship::worship:

I still like the Caja Magica. But the courts need some serious work. :o

Kuzzy lost to Alona Bondarenko! WTF? She has been having a horrible season, getting bageled more often than not.. and now she beats Kuzzy in straights? Really surprising... :eek:

Nadal is a monster.. even more so on clay. 0 UEs must be a record. :worship:

bruce goose
May 13th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Since it's in such crappy condition--like most of Spain--maybe we should call it El Baño Magico instead:lol:

jelenacg
May 13th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Bondarenko really had a horrible season so far that`s why i`m also surprised .Maybe Kuznetsova wanted to rest before RG,after all she had great results on clay so far
Did you already see the ad for RG on Eurosport :sobbing::sobbing:

jonnyroyale_13
May 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM
0 UEs must be a record. :worship:

:spit:

gaviotabr
May 13th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Did you already see the ad for RG on Eurosport :sobbing::sobbing:

I don't have Eurosport.. what's up with the ad? Does it feature RG 2008 Ana? :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 13th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I don't have Eurosport.. what's up with the ad? Does it feature RG 2008 Ana? :sobbing:

Yes :sobbing: and they also have Ana and Rafa with their trophies :sad:

bruce goose
May 13th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Yes :sobbing: and they also have Ana with her trophy :sad:Don't worry,Jelena;there are plenty more trophy smiles from Ana:angel: still to come:cool:

jelenacg
May 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM
:topic:
99EoQiLBfQE
Fernando :haha::haha:
Andreev :eek:
Roger :rolleyes:
I would like to see the same thing with WTA players

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 04:30 PM
:topic:
Fernando :haha::haha:
Andreev :eek:
Roger :rolleyes:
I would like to see the same thing with WTA players

That was fun. I wish they did stuff like that with the girls as well. :worship:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 04:33 PM
You know.. I think JJ is going to win Madrid. Let's see if I have any prediction powers... :lol: I saw her today against Vesnina and it was not as if she was playing great tennis, but very solid. And the competition is falling everywhere...

DownTheLine21
May 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
It looks like Ana will stay in the Top 8 for RG, right? Azarenka seems to be on her way out.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 04:42 PM
It looks like Ana will stay in the Top 8 for RG, right? Azarenka seems to be on her way out.

Well.. Azarenka just saved like 5 match points.. so it's not over until it's over. But if she indeed loses, yes, Ana will be top 8 no matter what. Azarenka needs the final to get ahead of Ana in the rankings.

DownTheLine21
May 14th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Well.. Azarenka just saved like 5 match points.. so it's not over until it's over. But if she indeed loses, yes, Ana will be top 8 no matter what. Azarenka needs the final to get ahead of Ana in the rankings.

It's now over. So I guess Ana will most likely be seeded 7th for RG.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 04:46 PM

And it's over. Szavay needed 8 MPs, but she finally won. It seems that beating Ana in Miami did her some good.

DownTheLine21
May 14th, 2009, 04:47 PM
And it's over. Szavay needed 8 MPs, but she finally won. It seems that beating Ana in Miami did her some good.

I also read that Azarenka is injured. It seems as though her knee was heavily strapped, and her movement was subpar.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I also read that Azarenka is injured. It seems as though her knee was heavily strapped, and her movement was subpar.

Oh.. then that probably played a part.

Is it me, am I seeing things or it seems that almost everyone is injured? :tape:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I'm watching Kleybanova x Wozniacki. Caro is leading 5-2 and has hit the amazing ammount of 1 winner so far.. :lol:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I'm watching Kleybanova x Wozniacki. Caro is leading 5-2 and has hit the amazing ammount of 1 winner so far.. :lol:

This is such a boring match. Caro pushes, Kleybanova misses. :o

jelenacg
May 14th, 2009, 06:10 PM

:lol::lol:
Caro is such a pusher :lol:
I still have no idea how could Venus lose to Kleybanova :help:
I think Kleybanova was talking with Craig ,she keeps coming to the net,with no success :lol: and her DS are :haha:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Caro is such a pusher :lol:
I still have no idea how could Venus lose to Kleybanova :help:
I think Kleybanova was talking with Craig ,she keeps coming to the net,with no success :lol: and her DS are :haha:

Venus was probably in UEs mode. And Kleybs got hot and her balls were landing in.. :tape:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Caro wins with 8 winners to 21 UEs. Kleybs had 19 winners to 44 UEs. And it was a 6-2 6-2 match that lasted a bit over an hour... :o

With the win, Caro gets ahead of Petrova and breaks the top 10. Her half of the draw is so broken.. I like her chances to reach the final...

jelenacg
May 14th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Good for her :yeah: but i like more when you win something big and then breakthrough than this step by step,like Radwanska

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Good for her :yeah: but i like more when you win something big and then breakthrough than this step by step,like Radwanska

I think it's well deserved. She has definitely been working hard for it. I think she has played 28 tournaments in the past year.

jelenacg
May 14th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I think it's well deserved. She has definitely been working hard for it. I think she has played 28 tournaments in the past year.

:eek:
She played 28 tournaments in one year :eek:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 07:32 PM
:eek:
She played 28 tournaments in one year :eek:

Yes.. just checked the WTA web. Do you remember any week this year that Caro didn't play?

jelenacg
May 14th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Yes.. just checked the WTA web. Do you remember any week this year that Caro didn't play?

Well i don`t follow Caro that much so i don`t know :lol::lol:
But 28 tournaments :eek: :haha:
No wonder she has become a top 10,once again quantity over quality of play :help:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Well i don`t follow Caro that much so i don`t know :lol::lol:
But 28 tournaments :eek: :haha:
No wonder she has become a top 10,once again quantity over quality of play :help:

Well.. she has been very consistent. I've come to admire consistency.. She is the only player that has reached the quarters in all mandatory tournaments (IW, Miami and Madrid).

jelenacg
May 14th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I also like consistency don`t get me wrong,but this is her 12th tournament of the year and that is just wrong

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I also like consistency don`t get me wrong,but this is her 12th tournament of the year and that is just wrong

And she is still playing Warsaw next week.. :help:

jelenacg
May 14th, 2009, 08:01 PM
And she is still playing Warsaw next week.. :help:

:haha: :haha:
But at least her fans can watch her play almost every day :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 08:03 PM
:haha: :haha:
But at least her fans can watch her play almost every day :rolleyes:

:sobbing: We almost never see Ana play.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 14th, 2009, 08:12 PM

That is true :bigcry::bigcry:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 08:59 PM
this is just a test... im figuring out my phone and i think i can post on the forum with it...:lol:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 09:04 PM
this is just a test... im figuring out my phone and i think i can post on the forum with it...:lol:

and indeed i can! wooohooo

Marilyn Monheaux
May 14th, 2009, 09:53 PM

It's a shame:sobbing:

Never can I see all my faves atop of their game at the same time:sad:

JJ is on a really good way right now, Masha is at least coming back, but Ana still worries me:sad:
Maybe she should play Warsaw as well:lol:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 09:54 PM
It's a shame:sobbing:

Never can I see all my faves atop of their game at the same time:sad:

JJ is on a really good way right now, Masha is at least coming back, but Ana still worries me:sad:
Maybe she should play Warsaw as well:lol:

She doesn't even know if she will be able to play the French Open.. :sobbing:

Mixo
May 14th, 2009, 10:27 PM
She doesn't even know if she will be able to play the French Open.. :sobbing:

She will, gaviota, she will.

;)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 14th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Well.. she has been very consistent. I've come to admire consistency.. She is the only player that has reached the quarters in all mandatory tournaments (IW, Miami and Madrid).

Consistent for sure, but never really a contender to win the title.
She rarely loses against against lower ranked players but also she rarely beats a top player.
I like her but I certainly dislike her game.

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 10:49 PM
She will, gaviota, she will.

;)

I trust you Mixo! :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 14th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Consistent for sure, but never really a contender to win the title.
She rarely loses against against lower ranked players but also she rarely beats a top player.
I like her but I certainly dislike her game.

I also prefer a more agressive style of play. I guess the fact that she uses defense rather than ofense as her biggest weapons helps consistency. It's a high percentage tennis that doesn't really get as affected by any kind of external or internal condition.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 15th, 2009, 11:01 AM
I also prefer a more agressive style of play. I guess the fact that she uses defense rather than ofense as her biggest weapons helps consistency. It's a high percentage tennis that doesn't really get as affected by any kind of external or internal condition.

It certainly helps consistency that's for sure. This kind of play always reminds me of Johan Cruyff's quote.

They can't beat you, but you can lose against them.

jelenacg
May 15th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Izzy you totally jinxed JJ ,she has just lost :(
I hope you are not picking Ana to win RG :lol:
I really like Patty`s game,her FH is :drool: I`m must say i`m surprised JJ lost but Patty was a better player today ,JJ had no idea,no game plan what to do against Patty

gaviotabr
May 15th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Izzy you totally jinxed JJ ,she has just lost :(
I hope you are not picking Ana to win RG :lol:
I really like Patty`s game,her FH is :drool: I`m must say i`m surprised JJ lost but Patty was a better player today ,JJ had no idea,no game plan what to do against Patty

I'm such a jinxer! :sobbing:

First I open this thread.. now that I say that I think JJ will win, she loses.. :sobbing: Sorry JJ fans!

I won't ever say anything about how Ana will do in a tournament.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 15th, 2009, 08:14 PM

First I open this thread.. now that I say that I think JJ will win, she loses.. :sobbing: Sorry JJ fans!

I won't ever say anything about how Ana will do in a tournament.. :sobbing:

Don`t worry it`s not your fault that Serbian sisters have no brain

дalex
May 15th, 2009, 09:43 PM

I knew an Ana fan had something to do with this loss! :(

gaviotabr
May 15th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Don`t worry it`s not your fault that Serbian sisters have no brain

:sobbing:

We should wrap this up as a present and give it to them.. :sobbing:

http://www.ipmc.cnrs.fr/~duprat/neurophysiology/images/brain2.jpg

I knew an Ana fan had something to do with this loss! :(

Sorry Alex! :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
May 15th, 2009, 10:00 PM
brainless sisters:sobbing:

дalex
May 16th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Sorry Alex! :sobbing:

No worries, Isa. :kiss:

The Serbian sistahs will eventually start playing to their potentials again. I'm sure of that. :D

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Easy to see that Wozniacki has been getting coaching advice from Sven. She is using some of the same clay strategy that Ana used to have. High balls on the backhand, wide and body serve... She just made Amelie hit 50 UEs in a 2 set match to reach her first big final.

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2009, 12:18 PM
No worries, Isa. :kiss:

The Serbian sistahs will eventually start playing to their potentials again. I'm sure of that. :D

I trust you! :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 16th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Easy to see that Wozniacki has been getting coaching advice from Sven. She is using some of the same clay strategy that Ana used to have. High balls on the backhand, wide and body serve... She just made Amelie hit 50 UEs in a 2 set match to reach her first big final.

High balls on the one handed backhand are very affective,specially on clay and Amelie never was a good clay court player
Good for Caro :yeah: Sven is a great coach :awww:
I think Safina is just showing how to play against Patty,you just need to stay aggressive and be the one who is dictating the points ,something JJ couldn`t do yesterday

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2009, 01:10 PM
High balls on the one handed backhand are very affective,specially on clay and Amelie never was a good clay court player
Good for Caro :yeah: Sven is a great coach :awww:
I think Safina is just showing how to play against Patty,you just need to stay aggressive and be the one who is dictating the points ,something JJ couldn`t do yesterday

Hi Jelena! :wavey:

You are right... you can't let Patty use her variety and her heavy top spin, and the only way to do that is to be really agressive and dominate the point. I didn't watch JJ's match yesterday, so I can't really comment on how it was though..

And about Sven.. he is a great coach. Especially for clay. Pitty he wasn't beeing able to connect with Ana mentally anymore to help her out of the slump.. :sobbing:

дalex
May 16th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I trust you! :sobbing:

;)

Sure, but Safina v Patty is a close match, too. Jelena was aggressive yesterday, but whenever she had the chance to finish off the point at the net she'd ruin everything she's worked for. Bad volleys or bad errors...:o

You are right... you can't let Patty use her variety and her heavy top spin, and the only way to do that is to be really agressive and dominate the point. I didn't watch JJ's match yesterday, so I can't really comment on how it was though..

Patty played very well, she was frustrating Jelena into making errors. I think Jelena ended the match with 40+ UEs. Also Jelena looked tired and that worries me the most. How can SHE, of all players, breathe so heavily after an hour of tennis? She said her nose was runny and she couldn't breathe properly though. Still, I've seen her play with a runny nose before and she wasn't getting tired as easily as she did yesterday...

Sorry for the Jelena talk...

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Sure, but Safina v Patty is a close match, too. Jelena was aggressive yesterday, but whenever she had the chance to finish off the point at the net she'd ruin everything she's worked for. Bad volleys or bad errors...:o

Patty played very well, she was frustrating Jelena into making errors. I think Jelena ended the match with 40+ UEs. Also Jelena looked tired and that worries me the most. How can SHE, of all players, breathe so heavily after an hour of tennis? She said her nose was runny and she couldn't breathe properly though. Still, I've seen her play with a runny nose before and she wasn't getting tired as easily as she did yesterday...

Sorry for the Jelena talk...

It's okay Alex. We are using this thread to talk about the tournament. As I said I didn't watch JJ's match yesterday, so I can't really comment. But I don't think Safina's match was that close.. there was not much Patty could do, Safina was firing bullets from both wings, and she was mostly making the points, winning them or not.

To hear that JJ was tired really is odd. I mean.. it's not like she played a 100 matches, like before.. or like Safina, who didn't seem tired at all today. Madrid has high altitud, and that can be a factor though. But you know.. maybe the loss will be a good thing heading into RG. She will be number 5 seed, and except maybe Safina, I would favor her in any other match up with the top 4. And even Dinara might get into the second week tired after playing so many matches. The most important thing about the clay season is RG anyway.

дalex
May 16th, 2009, 02:07 PM
It's okay Alex. We are using this thread to talk about the tournament. As I said I didn't watch JJ's match yesterday, so I can't really comment. But I don't think Safina's match was that close.. there was not much Patty could do, Safina was firing bullets from both wings, and she was mostly making the points, winning them or not.

To hear that JJ was tired really is odd. I mean.. it's not like she played a 100 matches, like before.. or like Safina, who didn't seem tired at all today. Madrid has high altitud, and that can be a factor though. But you know.. maybe the loss will be a good thing heading into RG. She will be number 5 seed, and except maybe Safina, I would favor her in any other match up with the top 4. And even Dinara might get into the second week tired after playing so many matches. The most important thing about the clay season is RG anyway.

Yeah, in the end Safina just overpowered Patty. I don't think Patty played as good as yesterday though and the court played much faster today as it's hot & sunny and it made court dry.

I actually think JJ plays better when she has many matches under her belt. I hate it when she makes as many errors in a match as she did yesterday. I wish she played the game that made her #1. But apparently she's not fit enough for that. :o

I agree, and I mentioned it somewhere, that it might be better for JJ to be seeded 5-8. Just like Ana, she's showing signs that her game is there, but I think her main problem at the moment is confidence. It could be the same with Ana. And nothing solves that problem better than playing matches, winning close ones... It takes time, though... And I HATE waiting! I can only imagine what you guys are going through.

jelenacg
May 16th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Izzy :wavey:
Safina won 6-4 6-2,so Safina vs Caro
Caro can be really tough and can return everything but i think Safina is winning this
Yesterday JJ tried to be aggressive but she was completely brainless most of the times
Being aggressive doesn`t mean you should hit the ball hard in the middle of the court and expect to overpower your opponent :rolleyes:
And when she sometimes managed to do the right thing she was so :weirdo: at the net
Her smash to lose the match was :help: just like Ana in her match against Cibulkova in Moscow when she managed to miss the whole court in her last point :tape::lol::lol:

дalex
May 16th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I know Jelena... JJ was so retarded yesterday, she tried ballbashing in the end it was just painful to watch. :tape:

I put it down on JJ being tired for whatever reason. She just doesn't play brainless like that at her best game & fitness.

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I agree, and I mentioned it somewhere, that it might be better for JJ to be seeded 5-8. Just like Ana, she's showing signs that her game is there, but I think her main problem at the moment is confidence. It could be the same with Ana. And nothing solves that problem better than playing matches, winning close ones... I takes time, though... And I HATE waiting! I can only imagine what you guys are going through.

It's awful.. I think I'm a fairly patient person.. but this has been a huge test. Almost 1 year of patchy play (being kind to Ana here..).

I agree with you.. especially winning tight matches. That can give the player a lot of confidence and create some sort of refusal to lose.. a belief that you can always win those kind of matches. JJ has at least played more.. Ana has barely played this year.. not only is she losing early, she is also entering few tournaments. And on top of that having the bad luck of getting injured. It's just awful.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Izzy :wavey:
Safina won 6-4 6-2,so Safina vs Caro
Caro can be really tough and can return everything but i think Safina is winning this
Yesterday JJ tried to be aggressive but she was completely brainless most of the times
Being aggressive doesn`t mean you should hit the ball hard in the middle of the court and expect to overpower your opponent :rolleyes:
And when she sometimes managed to do the right thing she was so :weirdo: at the net
Her smash to lose the match was :help: just like Ana in her match against Cibulkova in Moscow when she managed to miss the whole court in her last point :tape::lol::lol:

I hope I'm not jinxing anything.. but I think Dinara will only lose if she goes into UEs machine mode. Caro did nothing but moonball today, and it works well against a one hander, but Safina actually likes high balls. We will see tomorrow though..

Oh.. don't remind me of the Cibulkova match.. :sobbing: 2 MPS! Wasted! The only match Ana has ever lost after having MPs.. :sobbing: And that last point would have got the tie break back on serve.. but sure, she had to miss the wide open court..

дalex
May 16th, 2009, 02:32 PM
It's awful.. I think I'm a fairly patient person.. but this has been a huge test. Almost 1 year of patchy play (being kind to Ana here..).

I agree with you.. especially winning tight matches. That can give the player a lot of confidence and create some sort of refusal to lose.. a belief that you can always win those kind of matches. JJ has at least played more.. Ana has barely played this year.. not only is she losing early, she is also entering few tournaments. And on top of that having the bad luck of getting injured. It's just awful.. :sobbing:

It must get better for both of them. They can't just forget how to play tennis. Obviously they did some things wrong, they're not confident, but one of these days they're gonna start dominating tennis again and the rivalry between the two fanbases will be back to its full force. :lol:

I'm used to Jelena playing more than she did this year, certainly going further in tournaments. I miss her. :sobbing:

jelenacg
May 16th, 2009, 02:36 PM

:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:
Seriously she must win a few matches during RG :fiery: I hate live scores and live streams,i want to see her play on tv
Not to mention that i`m sick of her losing and me not being able to see that match,like Miami,Rome :tape::lol:

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2009, 02:41 PM
:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:
Seriously she must win a few matches during RG :fiery: I hate live scores and live streams,i want to see her play on tv
Not to mention that i`m sick of her losing and me not being able to see that match,like Miami,Rome :tape::lol:

True.. we can't even watch her lose to bitch about it properly. :sobbing:

The first few rounds are always the most difficult and challenging ones for Ana. She has to keep the intensity up and not assume anything. I want to be able to see her on TV! :sobbing:

gaviotabr
May 16th, 2009, 02:44 PM

It must get better for both of them. They can't just forget how to play tennis. Obviously they did some things wrong, they're not confident, but one of these days they're gonna start dominating tennis again and the rivalry between the two fanbases will be back to its full force. :lol:

I'm used to Jelena playing more than she did this year, certainly going further in tournaments. I miss her. :sobbing:

Oh! I miss the day they would meet in semi finals.. :lol: Funny to think they have never met in a final..

I understand you... JJ has been playing less than in the past couple of years.. not only less matches but also less tournaments.. but then again.. the roadmap and its restrictions.. :help:

jelenacg
May 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM
True.. we can't even watch her lose to bitch about it properly. :sobbing:

The first few rounds are always the most difficult and challenging ones for Ana. She has to keep the intensity up and not assume anything. I want to be able to see her on TV! :sobbing:

Exactly :worship::lol:

gaviotabr
May 17th, 2009, 02:41 PM
And Safina won.. as expected really..

jelenacg
May 17th, 2009, 02:45 PM
And Safina won.. as expected really..

Expected,she is the main favorite for RG this year no doubt
I`m watching Wimbledon and the roof test :bounce::bounce:

gaviotabr
May 17th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Expected,she is the main favorite for RG this year no doubt

Yes.. she is definitely the favorite. And really.. who else is a good clay courter and is in good form to stop her? I can think of Kuzzy.. but Kuzzy is just too much of a headcase. Zvonareva is probably not even playing.. Ana is injured and out of form.. JJ is not in her best form.. IMHO Serena and Venus are not winning the French Open, and besides that Serena is injured. Dementieva hasn't looked so good in the clay season.. Azarenka is the new "cow on ice" with all due respect.. Caro just won't beat the top players with this game.. so it's really just Safina.

Pity that Ana isn't playing well.. she could really challenge Safina for the title.. :sobbing:

I`m watching Wimbledon and the roof test :bounce::bounce:

Me too! So much fun! :bounce:

jelenacg
May 17th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Steffi is looking great :worship:
This is really fun :bounce:
For Safina anything but a win will be a huge disappointment

gaviotabr
May 17th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Steffi is looking great :worship:
This is really fun :bounce:
For Safina anything but a win will be a huge disappointment

Steffi is so good! I think she could still be playing and beating most players... :help::lol: