PDA

View Full Version : Doubles match on TV?

Come-on-kim
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Kim and Meghann are playing the second match on the Arthur Ashe Stadium!!!

And on the RTBF teletext it's written that they'll broadcast men's quater finals :mad:

So, I sent an e-mail to ask if they could show the doubles match!!!

But can someone ask also Canvas, so that we'll have two chances to see it!!!

I hope they'll show it!!!

If not, :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Bigkimfan
Sep 5th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Thanks !!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: Good luck Kim!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Sep 5th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Hopefully the mens' quarter will be a quick match or the doubles will be long so we can see more of Kim's match

Scotso
Sep 5th, 2002, 11:08 AM
The men's quarter is after the women's doubles...

so, they should show it?

Sep 5th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Oh yeah! I was looking @ the Roddick/Sampras match thinking that it's on another court, but it's later on Arthur Ashe, so they should show Kim :)

Cilla
Sep 5th, 2002, 12:14 PM
I'll see it live :eek: Miracles do happen! GO KIM & MEG! :bounce:

Bigkimfan
Sep 5th, 2002, 02:52 PM
How late do they broadcast the match???

:bounce: :bounce: Good luck Kim!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Come-on-kim
Sep 5th, 2002, 04:31 PM
I don't think RTBF or Canvas will broadcast it!! I'm so sad!!!

Bigkimfan
Sep 5th, 2002, 06:23 PM
They lost!!! The score was 6/4 6/3!!!!:sad: :sad:

:bounce: :bounce: C'mon Kim!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Mitzi
Sep 5th, 2002, 06:35 PM
:sad: I saw the match live on eurosport. Kim didn't play well, and held her serve only once (after saving break points), I think.

pcabenojar
Sep 6th, 2002, 03:01 AM
I saw the match live on Espn Star Sports. It's my first time to watch Kim playing doubles. :)

Kim was obviously upset with the way she was playing, although they fought back a couple of times, their opponent was a just better team.

xin_hui
Sep 6th, 2002, 04:21 AM
yeah, i too saw the match on starsports.
kim's serve and basically everything just did not work for her yesterday.(holding serve only once) meghann was the better in the team.
and kim got really angry at 6-4 5-3 0-30, she was arguing a line call really seriously. never seen her act like that before

pcabenojar
Sep 6th, 2002, 04:45 AM
yeah, i saw that too....kim was really upset & the line judge did'nt help too.

i think that was the first (and only?) line call being argued on the match, although it looks like kim has a point, but sadly star sports didn't replay it so i'm not that sure..... the ball bounces so fast but kim & the line judge were in better position to look at the ball.

I'm wondering, what if it wasn't rule out? maybe they could have won the point & went on a tie break or something...too bad. I just hate it when line judges are'nt that sure with their calls. :sad:

Bigkimfan
Sep 6th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Didn't kim got the point??
Because on eurosport they said that the score was 30/0!!!

:bounce: :bounce: Come on Kim!!!:bounce: :bounce:

pcabenojar
Sep 9th, 2002, 05:04 AM
No, they didn't got the point, the line judge stuck with her call, although in the following play, i think they scored a point, but it was already near match point in favor of their opponent.