PDA

View Full Version : Did we have a thread on Dokic at Bucharest?

southern star
May 5th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Did we have a thread on the fact that Dokic opted to play the ITF Bucharest rather than Rome or Estoril?

If not, this is it.

Certainly seems that she's struggled since the AO. This is an interview from January:

----------------
http://www.zimbio.com/Jelena+Dokic/articles/44/Jelena+Dokic+Australian+Open+27+January+Interview
Q. Does this result give you the confidence as you approach the bigger tournaments and maybe ask for wild cards and rather than playing some of the smaller events to build your ranking up?
JELENA DOKIC: I don't think I will play any smaller tournaments. I think my ranking itself will get me in enough tournaments. I don't think I will go back and play challenges. I think There's no sense in doing that.
Q. Do you have to reassess your goals now? You said you wanted to get yourself in the top 100. Will you reassess now?
JELENA DOKIC: No, I'm in the top 100 now. Yeah, like I said, I would like to continue playing WTA tournaments. I don't think I will go back and play ITF tournaments. I think there's really no reason to do that.
----------------

She's the top-seed at Bucharest, and if she doesn't win it will be troubling indeed.

southern star
May 11th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Damn. Semifinal exit. Beaten by someone outside the Top 100.

Bad news.

iGOAT
May 11th, 2009, 12:13 AM
That's great for you honey :kiss:.

danieln1
May 11th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Why she wasn´t in Madrid qualies???

What´s her schedule, anyone knows??

charmedRic
May 11th, 2009, 03:44 AM
Why she wasn´t in Madrid qualies???

What´s her schedule, anyone knows??

Ditto!

iGOAT
May 11th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Madrid qualies started on Friday, the day of the Bucharest quarters. I think she is playing Warsaw, but not sure.

Golovinjured.
May 11th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Warsaw - Roland Garros

No Madrid, obviously.

southern star
May 11th, 2009, 05:26 AM
She's on the published acceptance list for Warsaw, though of course she might yet withdraw.

martinafan
May 11th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Jelena's ranking would have been good enough for her to get into Madrid quallies wouldn't it? So, does that mean she will get a ZERO for that tournament seeing she didn't play and it was a mandatory event?