PDA

View Full Version : Anna's Rome 2009 cheering and livescore thread

HowardH
May 4th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Well, looks like Anna will demolish Anabel Medina G in a minute or two. :drool: So she will preserve her perfect record against her. But this still (unfortunately) doesn't mean she is back to her best, really you never know with Anna. :lol: But here's hoping! Now let's hope this doesn't jinx her, I mean the match is completely over, 6-2 5-2 and serving so we should be safe... I think.

HowardH
May 4th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Okay, well she lost her serve, but she still has another break, right? So... we... are maybe okay? :scared: Maybe she needs to break Anabel instead of having to serve it out.

HowardH
May 4th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Aha, there we go, she broke her :bounce:. 6-2 6-3. Who's next? I haven't even looked that far ahead...

TheBoiledEgg
May 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM
can Anna play her every week ???????

Wintermute
May 4th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Anna owns AMG. Who's next?

HowardH
May 4th, 2009, 04:30 PM
can Anna play her every week ???????

:lol: Yeah, Anabel and Nadia every week. Who else does Anna have a perfect record against?

Hmm, it seems that Anna will play Alexandra Wozniak now, she beat Sara Errani so must be in reasonable form. Winnable, of course you never know which Anna will turn up, or if a different Anna will appear in each set... :lol:

I'm really looking forward to some pics now, the longer Anna stays in, the better chance we get to see pics of her.

Daszmarelli
May 4th, 2009, 04:39 PM
C'mon Anna destroy Aleks!!!! Thanks AMG :lol:

Daszmarelli
May 4th, 2009, 04:41 PM
:lol: Yeah, Anabel and Nadia every week. Who else does Anna have a perfect record against?

Hmm, it seems that Anna will play Alexandra Wozniak now, she beat Sara Errani so must be in reasonable form. Winnable, of course you never know which Anna will turn up, or if a different Anna will appear in each set... :lol:

I'm really looking forward to some pics now, the longer Anna stays in, the better chance we get to see pics of her.

Agreed. If she beat Wozniak she can face Vee, so we'll have a lot pics thought :rolleyes:

GeorgianFan
May 4th, 2009, 04:53 PM
yeah :drool:

goldenlox
May 4th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Anna should be very rested, she hasn't played much the past 9 months.
She desperately needs points

Pink Princess
May 4th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Princess Annahttp://img18.picoodle.com/img/img18/3/4/11/martalarubia/f_3m_e5881d8.gif

:bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap: :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap: :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

"""Marvellous Day At The Mansion of Princess Chakvetadze""":inlove::inlove::inlove: :inlove::inlove::inlove: :inlove::inlove::inlove:

charlieluvtennis
May 4th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Great win for Anna :bowdown: Good luck and keep the wins coming! :yeah:

Daszmarelli
May 4th, 2009, 06:49 PM
No photo :sad:

sammy01
May 4th, 2009, 07:20 PM
im just so happy to see her win a match against a top 20 player on her least favourite surface, that has to give her confidence.

i truely hope she can win 2 matches in a row, that would give her a huge confidence boost as well.

penkku
May 4th, 2009, 08:26 PM
GL Anna tomorrow against Wozniak :) 2 wins in a row on clay might be too much to ask ;) :help:

rain delays play
May 4th, 2009, 08:52 PM
:woohoo:good win for anna really pleased for her. good luck next round:angel::yeah:

Foot's Fingers
May 5th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Great!!!

was waiting for another loss.... even when checked live scoring at 2-5 was thinking that anna is down as usual but big nice surprise

Spiritof42
May 5th, 2009, 10:59 AM
:eek: :banana:

That win came out of nowhere, regardless of their previous H2H.

I managed to see a little bit of the first set (using the livestream link in GM). Anna was keeping the ball deep and not making too many UEs.

But at set point the Italian broadcasters cut away from the match to show Pennetta's warm-up routine instead. :help::mad:

Keep it up Anna. Better not lose to Wozniak after that. :p

Daszmarelli
May 5th, 2009, 11:45 AM
she's playing now. Wozniak serves 4x4
Anna made 3 df and she saved 1 break-point and was broken once.

Go Princess

goldenlox
May 5th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Anna seems stupid with how she manages her career.
She has about 5 wins in 9 months, and she keeps playing these high level events.
Wozniack is nothing special, and Anna had set point at *54. She df'ed at set pt, was broken, and now has been broken 6 times in a row
57 35*
She's just throwing her ranking away. She has no confidence, and no ability to pull herself together during a match

She needs to drop down to small tournaments and get some wins and confidence

57 *45, looking to hold after 6 breaks in a row

Daszmarelli
May 5th, 2009, 12:49 PM
match suspended.. I hope rain helps Anna to confirm her service
5/7 4*/5

Spiritof42
May 5th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Anna :( :mad:

A loss today would be so disappointing.

Rain delay with Anna serving to stay in the match. She'll have a lot of time to think about how many times she's been broken today (not a good thing). :rain:

sammy01
May 5th, 2009, 01:11 PM
her head lets her down so much, after a tough set to be up 5-4 sp and df is a crime, you just cant do that. then to be up 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 with a break and not hold is purely mental, because if you can break at will you should be able to hold as well.

i'd be amazed if she came out and held after the rain delay, i'd be completely stunned if she won. her brain is what is needed in this situation and its the thing letting her down.

Drimal
May 5th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I hope the rain will save Anna. :unsure:

She should have converted the SP at 5:4 in first set and confirmed all the breaks in second set. :(

Wozniak almost lost to Hendler in Fed Cup on clay.

goldenlox
May 5th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Anyone can df at set point. But to be broken 6 times in a row, right after that set pt, that's a bad sign for Anna's career. She's too mentally fragile. You have to forget it and keep fighting for points.

sammy01
May 5th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Anyone can df at set point. But to be broken 6 times in a row, right after that set pt, that's a bad sign for Anna's career. She's too mentally fragile. You have to forget it and keep fighting for points.

i agree but you simply cant df on sp, you may never get another.

goldenlox
May 5th, 2009, 05:18 PM
held at 45 then a 7th break in 8 service games at 56, now tb

Daszmarelli
May 5th, 2009, 05:39 PM
she has 3*-1 in final set.
I love this girl :hearts:
she's fighting :boxing:

Daszmarelli
May 5th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Wow she beat and held all services in final set and didn't faced break points.

Now give your best against Vee

Wintermute
Anna won! I wasn't following this one but it looks like a near disaster and good recovery. At least she's through. We know there's stuff Anna needs to work on in her game - particularly mentally.

penkku
Anna :D 2 in a row, make it 3 ;)

Pink Princess
May 5th, 2009, 06:09 PM
The Most Important Princess of Russian Tennishttp://img19.picoodle.com/img/img19/3/4/11/martalarubia/f_3m_a613129.gifWins:bigclap::bigclap::bigclap: :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap: :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

HowardH
May 5th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Well done Anna! Looks like I missed out on some drama, typical Anna. :lol: Venus now.

sammy01
May 5th, 2009, 09:06 PM
im stunned she pull that match out. i really gave her no hope when the rain came the way he had wasted so many chances upto then. and lmao at the onlt time she held serve in the second set was at 4-5.

i love that she fought out the win, it always gives me hope when shes battles.

good luck against venus chak, nothing to lose now lets show them why you were #5!

Daszmarelli
May 5th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks God!!! Tomorrow we'll have a lot photos... she'll play in center court :bounce:

I hope Venus's dress don't blind her :lol:

Anna just give your best!! :armed:
Please stay away of double bagel :angel:

charlieluvtennis
May 6th, 2009, 06:46 AM
I'm well happy Anna is actually winning some matches... Keep it going, girl! :yeah: Good luck against Venus, I believe in you! :bounce:

Spiritof42
May 6th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Glad Anna somehow managed to find a way to win that match. :D:yeah:

I just hope she won't be too nervous against Venus tonight.
I know I'll be nervous watching it. :unsure:

Believe in yourself Anna! :hug:

Foot's Fingers
May 6th, 2009, 10:50 AM
pheeeeeeeeeeeeew Anna

lucky escape

Good Luck vs Venus today

Daszmarelli
May 6th, 2009, 09:19 PM
She lost 06 76(8) 46

at least she fought! :armed:
She started very slow first set :o
but she played a good tennis in the second and wasted 3 set points but saved a match point in her service :bounce:

But, in the final set, she was 0-4 playing a poor tennis without confidence, but she back 1-4, 2-4, 3-4, 3-5 (wasted bp :sad: ), 4-5 (serving very well), 4-6 (saved one match point)

Well, I think now she should look ahead. I hope she can wins some matches in row in Madrid. I hope to see Anabel in her draw :rolls:

Good luck Anna

Wintermute
May 6th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I got to watch Anna's match tonight. A lot of positives to take away. She's been suffering a lack of confidence for so long but I see signs of it slowly returning. She just needs to recognise that this could have been a total disaster but she turned it into a real match. It's encouraging.

TheBoiledEgg
May 6th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Anna :hug: good comeback to win 2nd and from 0-4 down
nearly got it back

pls play like this more often and get back up ranks

love that drop shot ---lob and then dropshot which left Venus flat on her face in 2nd set, so hilarious.

Episode
May 6th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I didn't see the match but I was keeping up with the live score. After getting bageled in the first I thought Anna would just get it over with as quick as possible but she fought all the way until the end and had game point to tie it up at 4 but couldn't convert. Great to see.

Daszmarelli
May 6th, 2009, 09:58 PM
nearly got it back

love that drop shot ---lob and then dropshot which left Venus flat on her face in 2nd set, so hilarious.

:lol:

sammy01
May 6th, 2009, 10:02 PM
nearly got it back

that was great, very few women could do that.

for the 1st time in a long while im feeling positive about chaks tennis. the 1st set was like her realising what top 10 tennis is like again then she got down to business after that.

i hope shes feeling positive about this week as i am, top 20 win, consecutive match wins and pushing a top 5 player to 6-4 in the 3rd. i truely hope she builds on this and gets a nice draw in madrid to futher help the confidence.

goldenlox
May 6th, 2009, 10:16 PM
This week was a little improvement from other weeks. She has a lot of points coming off for Rome last year, then Wimbledon.
She has to hold her serve more often

HowardH
May 7th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Yes that was better. The thing is though that when she plays Venus, she can play with freedom, since the pressure is off her. But I hope she realises that she has to play like that all the time. Today was similar to what Anna could do when in the top ten. Of course she was always the underdog even going into the third set, even at her peak Anna would be underdog. Also Venus often plays one weaker set and has to win in three and she is used to pulling out these matches. And Goldenlox, you're absolutely right, she needs to hold serve more often- against everyone. Of course people have difficulty holding against Venus, but Anna has been having trouble holding against anyone. But, as she has shown in this tournament, to a certain extent she can cover up this problem by breaking a lot. It's a very stressful way of dealing with her serving woes for her fans though :lol:.

Her ranking may continue to drop a little for a while but I now see light at the end of the tunnel. :D

Foot's Fingers
May 7th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Anna :hug: at least she was not fell apart after 06

and this amazing point finished by dropshot and Venus on the ground Great Smart play from Anna :yeah:

Foot's Fingers
May 7th, 2009, 06:57 AM
and i just hope, that next good play will not be in August like in 2008 ......

charlieluvtennis
May 7th, 2009, 10:30 AM
:hug: Unlucky Anna... I'm glad she got back into the match after the bagel :o but at least she did put up a fight, considering she was playing Venus - a top 10 player :) Anna can build from this tournament and her confidence can come back if she continues to work hard to get back up the rankings!

Spiritof42
May 8th, 2009, 11:33 AM
A spirited comeback from Anna after a horrible start. :yeah:

The first set was painful to watch. She looked very tentative. It felt like she was holding back because she was afraid to make UEs, yet could barely keep the ball in play anyway. But once she won that crucial first game, it was a different story. Sure, Venus went through her usual patches of sloppy play, but Anna really stepped it up. And although she was her usual emotional self on court, she didn't allow the negativity to overwhelm her this time. When she was serving down 3-5 to stay in the match, I was expecting a poor service game from her, but thankfully it didn't happen. She battled to the end.

I'm of course disappointed that she wasn't quite able to bring the score even in the last set, but at the same time I'm quite relieved that she managed to make it competitive and avoided being embarrassed like Radwanska.