PDA

View Full Version : My Estoril Open Reports

HenryMag.
May 2nd, 2009, 11:40 PM
Hi, everybody :wavey: I'm planning to go all week to Estoril, so I decided to create this thread to post some reports about the matches.

So here it goes for Day1:

Catarina Ferreira vs. Tara Wigan 60 64

I was planning to watch Diatchenko, but I arrived late and I tought she already won (afterall I would have time, but whatever), so went to watch this match. Arrived at 60 *23 and as I tought it wasn't about who would won the match, but who would lost it because it was about who errors first. The good news is Catarina is not a pure moonballer anymore, she was on her BH, now she tries to hit some normal shots most of the time; the bad news is she still doesn't have enough power to make winners and I think she will never have. So, she relies on her consistent, which is not that amazing, but it was enough to win today. I had to wait 10 points to watch the 1st winner, after 9 UEs. Tara had a *42 lead but didn't take advantage of it because she simply didn't know how to do it, just hitting the ball back and wait for an error. From the game I saw, she only hitted 1 winner and Catarina did 3.

Elena Bovina vs. Alexandra Stevenson 76 57 60

Watched both 1st and 2nd set and it was really high quality match for a 1st quali round. Lexy really impressed with her attitude. She was very motivated, fought really hard, not such a bad mover as I was expecting and her slice BH was great, Bovina struggled with that. But overall, since the beginning, I felt it was all about Bovina. When she was on, there was nothing Lexy could do it. That happened all the 3 times Lexy had the break lead in 1st set. Elena always broke back immediatelly with some great points. Which is missing in Elena is consistency.
That's why I guess she still isn't in top100. In the 2nd Lena played really bad until 1-4 15-30, then she wake up and make a comeback until 5-5 40-15*, but she missed those 2 brek points and Lexy with her great serve hold it and wwnt to break Lena for win the 2nd set with some help from Bovina.
In the 3rd, I assume Lexy was tired: she take a toilet break after the 2nd set, because she fought really hard and run a lot.
The bad news about her is her FH really lacks power. She can't take advantge of many short balls she had thanks to her serve.

Arina Rodionova vs. Mandy Minnella 16 60 75

Arrived at 16 30* and like 5 minutes later the 2nd set was done. Minella was an error machine, really struggling with Arina's 2-handed BH slice, mixed with some also 2 handed BH drop shots that Minella couldn't antecipate. Also Arina was in a wall mode, returning everything and she didn't make any single UE during these 3 games.
In the 3rd it was so much more even. Minella tried to mix it a little bit, playing also to Arina's FH, which IMO sucks (lacks power and precision most of the times and some moonballs too, only nice when she slices it) and made some amazing BH dropshots :worship:. Arina kept the same game plan as the 2nd set and tried to kept at the match when she was down a break (happened it 3rd game 1-2* to Mandy). When finally, the moment of truth came to Minella at *5-4 (she had some deuces before on Arina's serves), she was 30-0 up, but some silly errors gave Arina the break (credits also to Arina for not gave up). Same thing happened at 10th game with 2 bps to Minella. Arina survived and now Mindella was going to serve to stay. Sha had like 4 or 5 gps, most wasted by erros (1 was a DF). On 1st MP to Arina, Mandy nets a BH and it's over. Credits to Arina for being such a great fighter, always trying to return the ball (some times she was amazing), but Mandy can really be upset because she seemed the best player, but didn't take advantage of the oportunuty. BTW, a rally which realy sums up the match, happened at 1-1 in the 3rd. Something like 40 shots with some amazing defense from Arina and finished with a drop shot from her. Both were breathless at the end of that point.

Michelle Brito vs. Rika Fujiwara 62 62

Watched until 62 42, before the court change.
Really good news to Michelle fans. Altough Rika isn't a top player, Michelle really improved from last year's defeat to Mamic. She slides well on clay now (but can improve), her 1st serve seems more reliable and powerfull, she tried to open some short angles and not just ball bash and was really focused and motivated. Didn't let Fujiwara to hold serve during the entire match :worship: Rika had 40-15 lead at *1-4 and 40-0 at 62 12*, but Michelle broke anyway. Her return was great (but again, Rika doesn't have a good serve, so who knows if it was just for today). Her shots, most of the times, were strong and accurate, letting Rika without any optins.
Really nice win for Michelle. Let's see how it goes tomorrow.

Well, that's all for day1.

Hope you liked it. Any questions or request, just do it. I'll try to satisfy the most of them.

;)

Juarito
May 3rd, 2009, 01:29 AM
Please tell me everything about Pitu Salerni there! thanks :wavey:

Привет
May 3rd, 2009, 02:13 AM
A shame you missed seeing Vitalia! :( I hope you get to see her play sometime later in the week, and if you do you report back on it. ;)

VIKA?
May 3rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
great:D

M.S.F
May 3rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
Good to know that Michelle played well :)

paul_masterton
May 3rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
Tara :sad:

Jose.
May 3rd, 2009, 09:32 PM
Great. :) Any pics from Michelle?

HenryMag.
May 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Great. :) Any pics from Michelle?

Will upload them tomorrow.

HenryMag.
May 3rd, 2009, 10:17 PM
Day2

Ekaterina Ivanova def. Catarina Ferreira 61 61

Once again, my plans to watch Diatchenko were down the toilet. I also wanted to see Ivanova, so I decided to go to this match, hoping an easy win in something like 55/60 (it went for 80)minutes and then to go to watch Vitalia, which was supposed to be more even and last longer.
So, for my surprise, this was much more balanced than the score suggests. Catarina didn't deserve a double breadstick. Something like 6-3 6-3 would be more accurate to demonstrate what happened. Catarina managed fight toe to toe in rallies with Ekaterina (:lol:), the problem is she doesn't have a killer shot, unlike Ekaterina who has an accurate, agressive and great to watch BH. She also used the dropshots a lot that even not that good were enough to win the point because Catarina always arrived late. Her serve can give some quick points sometimes too. Her FH seems more shaky, less powerfull and sometimes off timing. That's why Catarina's serve to her FH gave to the portuguese fast points time to time (which isn't good to Ekaterina, because Catarina's serve simply hasn't anything: no power, no spin, no effect). So, overall Catarina fought and fought really hard all the points, her best quality in court, make some good FHs (and even a BH DTL winner :eek:), but Ekaterina is from another level and on big points she usually showed it.
After that my younger cousin wanted to play "Guitar Hero" so I let him try once, and then we went to watch Diatchenko, but I just saw it leaving the court really angry (I presumed, in that moment, she lost), but still I was brave enough to ask for an autograph :p.

Ekaterina Dzehalevich vs. Yurika Sema 64 62

Immediatelly when I arrived I was surprised with Sema being a lefty. I had no idea. I also saw Corswandt, but he doesn't know who I am :p
Ekaterina (another Ekaterina today :lol:) had a bad start commiting a bunch of errors and quickly Sema had a *3-1 lead. She finally cut the errors, made some great shots, especially on her stronger side, the BH, and rebroke. Her 1st serve is great time to time, her BH too, being her FH not that great, but nice to clay and for this level. The decisive break happened at 4-4, a very long game, had like 6/7 deuces. Then Ekaterina won 3 points in a row after being down 15-30 on her serve to win the set.
The 2nd set was even during the first games, but always seemed that Ekaterina was in control of the match. After 1st break, she went to win with no much problems. I think Yurika's game is not suitable to clay, bening her 2 handed BH very flat and she's not very fast.
Ekaterina's coach / brother, boyfriend, husband or something like that, was there, always fist pumping when she won a point, even on Yurika's DF :tape:
In the end, I got her autograph.

Michelle Brito def. Alexandra Dulgheru 76 46 75

Finally the big match of the day finally started around at 16h30. So, it wasn't that hot, which is probably the only good thing of playing a 3h42min match. :tape:
Unfortunaly, only watched 1st and 2nd sets, because my rid to home was waiting, but totally worthed it. Even my younger cousin, he doesn't get excited with tennis, got nervous and yelling "Vai" (something like "camon") during the match.
By way way far the best match I've watched in qualifying in 3 years of Estoril. Much drama, intensity, great rallies, you can't ask for more on a quali day.
As you can see on stats, serves aren't the main weapons of both. Michelle now can serve above 150km/h sometimes, but her 2nd simply is just to start the point. Alexandra take advantage with some great FH DTL returns during the 2nd set. Alexandra's serve is kind of similar to Michelle, the main difference is she puts some kick on it on both, mixed with flat ones. Same serve speed as Michelle.
The match always followed the same pattern: Michelle ball bashing, ball bashing, with Alexandra defending, defending, but with brains, mixing FH moonballs, BH double-handed slice or flat ones, short top spinned FH, waiting for the opportunity to attack (making a lot of drop shots, not worked in the 1st, but it started in the 2nd, you could see Michelle wasn't that fast moving to the net as the 1st) or simply expectating Michelle's errors.
Michelle's CC BH is so accurate, she barely missed, hitting the left baseline corner so many times, making Alexandra almost half volley a lot.
In the 1st set Michelle had a 5-3 lead, but wasted it with some 3 awful games. Then, it was Alexandra, serving for the set at *6-5, accusing the pressure and letting the opportunity escape. On the TB, Michelle's determination prevailed. On the 4th SP to Michelle, she finally closed with a funny point: both moonballed a couple of times (Michelle moonballing, can you believe it?) and Alexandra came to net after a moonball. She makes a FH CC inconclusive volley that Michelle's take advantage with a great FH DTL passing shot on the run.
In the 2nd set, Michelle faced break points in all her service games, being broken at *3-4 at *4-5. Once again, Alexandra accused the pressure of serving at *5-3, but credits also to Michelle for not making errors. The difference this time, was that Alexandra had Michelle's serve to win the set with a Michelle's too much deep FH (I think it was FH).
A funny thing happened at deuce that game: the umpire calls "correction, the ball was good, replay the point" and Michelle answers "Nobodly called out". But it wasn't the only error from the umpire.
At the 3-3 at the 2nd, it lasted for 6/7 deuces, when it was on the advantage, suddenly the umpire calls 15-30 with Dulgheru leading 4-3* and on Michele's serve, altough anybody could see Alexandra was serving, and so he continued for the next point and called 30-30 when Alexandra DFs and Michelle wins the point on her serve. Everybody was complaining, I was yelling "deuce", and Alexandra simply didn't know what was happening when she was about to serve. :lol: Serious, what the hell??? :help:

So, it's all for today. Hoping to see Iveta vs Neuza, Michelle vs Bovina and ALG vs Parmentier tomorrow.

The Guilty
May 3rd, 2009, 10:33 PM
Day2

Ekaterina Ivanova def. Catarina Ferreira 61 61

Once again, my plans to watch Diatchenko were down the toilet. I also watched to see Ivanova, so I decided to go to this match, hoping an easy win in something like 55/60 (it went for 80)minutes and then to go to watch Vitalia, which was supposed to be more even and last longer.
So, for my surprise, this was much more balanced than the score suggests. Catarina didn't deserve a double breadstick. Something like 6-3 6-3 would be more accurate to demonstrate what happened. Catarina managed fight toe to toe in rallies with Ekaterina (:lol:), the problem is she doesn't have a killer shot, unlike Ekaterina who has an accurate, agressive and great to watch BH. She also used the dropshots a lot that even not that good were enough to win the point because Catarina always arrived late. Her serve can give some quick points sometimes too. Her FH seems more shaky, less powerfull and sometimes off timing. That's why Catarina's serve to her FH gave to the portuguese fast points time to time (which isn't good to Ekaterina, because Catarina's serve simply hasn't anything: no power, no spin, no effect). So, overall Catarina fought and fought really hard all the points, her best quality in court, make some good FHs (and even a BH DTL winner :eek:), but Ekaterina is from another level and on big points she usually showed it.
After that my younger cousin wanted to play "Guitar Hero" so I let him try once, and then we went to watch Diatchenko, but I just saw it leaving the court really angry (I presumed, in that moment, she lost), but still I was brave enough to ask for an autograph :p.

Ekaterina Dzehalevich vs. Yurika Sema 64 62

Immediatelly when I arrived I was surprised with Sema being a lefty. I had no idea. I also saw Corswandt, but he doesn't know who I am :p
Ekaterina (another Ekaterina today :lol:) had a bad start commiting a bunch of errors and quickly Sema had a *3-1 lead. She finally cut the errors, made some great shots, especially on her stronger side, the BH, and rebroke. Her 1st serve is great time to time, her BH too, being her FH not that great, but nice to clay and for this level. The decisive break happened at 4-4, a very long game, had like 6/7 deuces. Then Ekaterina won 3 points in a row after being down 15-30 on her serve to win the set.
The 2nd set was even during the first games, but always seemed that Ekaterina was in control of the match. After 1st break, she went to win with no much problems. I think Yurika's game is not suitable to clay, bening her 2 handed BH very flat and she's not very fast.
Ekaterina's coach / brother, boyfriend, husband or something like that, was there, always fist pumping when she won a point, even on Yurika's DF :tape:
In the end, I got her autograph.

Michelle Brito def. Alexandra Dulgheru 76 46 75

(later)

I was following Catarina's match on the scoreboard and she took more than half of the games to deuce but lost them :(

Looking forward for your report on Michelle's match :)

spiceboy
May 3rd, 2009, 10:52 PM
Did you guys see Eva Fdez Brugués match?

HenryMag.
May 3rd, 2009, 11:09 PM

No, I didn't. I just went to take a peak at the score and I was really surprised she was leading 63 42.

spiceboy
May 3rd, 2009, 11:13 PM
No, I didn't. I just went to take a peak at the score and I was really surprised she was leading 63 42.

Thanks anyway :wavey:

Привет
May 3rd, 2009, 11:36 PM
A shame you didn't get to see Vita before she was out of the tournament. :sad:

Some1
May 4th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Did you see Sharon plays ?

vesanto
May 4th, 2009, 01:09 AM

Yes, I saw a bit of her match against Yakimova. She has a strong forehand and was winning the points based on that. She was very consistent and Yakimova couldn't get past her.

vesanto
May 4th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Besides that I saw both Diatchenko's matches (I believe I was right next to Corswandt in her 2nd round match ;) ) and she was a bit of a mess. When she is on, she is unstoppable, she has incredibly flat shots, which doesn't give her many space to fail. Soler Espinosa was also playing very well, very consistent, spanish style, yet agressive and able to finish off points when having the opportunity. I think Diatchenko is just not patient enough to play on clay but I guess she can do some damage on hardcourts. Her grunt is also very typical, Michelle and Sharapova's style.

Привет
May 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Besides that I saw both Diatchenko's matches (I believe I was right next to Corswandt in her 2nd round match ;) ) and she was a bit of a mess. When she is on, she is unstoppable, she has incredibly flat shots, which doesn't give her many space to fail. Soler Espinosa was also playing very well, very consistent, spanish style, yet agressive and able to finish off points when having the opportunity. I think Diatchenko is just not patient enough to play on clay but I guess she can do some damage on hardcourts. Her grunt is also very typical, Michelle and Sharapova's style.

Thanks for the words on Vita! :yeah:

HenryMag.
May 4th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Day3

I'm really tired right now: the heat is really killing me. So the reports will come tomorrow. HEre are the matches I saw today.

Iveta Bensova def. Neuza Silva 64 57 64

Expecting a beatdown from Iveta, like happened last year. Afterall, she just played like 30% of her best during the most of match, commiting a huge amount of errors. In the 1st set, Iveta, after saved/wasted by Neuza 2 bps in the 1st game, took a 4-1* lead but gave her away with some erros, mixed with a couple of good points by Neuza, broking at *4-2. At *4-4, Neuza had 2 bps, but Benesova played nice, also helped with Neuza's anxious and held. At 5-4*, Neuza leading 40-15 and then: DF, UE error, DF, FH UE. What a away to give the 1st set away.
At the 2nd set, many many breaks: Benesova was broken, Neuza was broken, Benesova was broken, Neuza was broken. Iveta started the set trying ti be more agressive on the return going for the winners (with Neuza's 130 km/h average serve speed it's a nice way to play). However, it only worked like 2 out of 10 times :spit: So, changed her mind, kept the ball in play, was agressive time to time and was enough to broke. In her service games she was crap. Neuza wasted a sp at *5-4, but had 2 more chances at *6-5, winning the set with, guess what?, an Iveta's UE.
In the 3rd, Iveta kept the error mode, letting Neuza take a *4-1 lead (also credits to Neuza for being consistent, because she knew Iveta was playing crap). Neuza had a gp, missing it with a FH UE. Iveta eventually broke without making a lot for it, and suddenly she rises her level, knowing Neuza was affected by the missed opoortuny. With Iveta playing like 80%, there wasn't anything Neuza could do, because Iveta simply is better than Neuza: opening the angles, making accurate and powerfull shots, playing near her best. Then,let Neuza simply lose the game to keep her at the match.
Neuza really can be upset, because of her missing opportuny to take a 5-1 lead. She fought really hard until that point, her FH was great sometimes, her BH is always slice and her serve is weak.
Iveta has 2 things than she can be proud after this match: coming back from 1-4* 30-40 and winning evry single game she had gp or bp. Some of them she had more than 2, but she always eventually win it. I think it's impressive in such a long match.

Elena Bovina def. Michelle Brito 60 62

Don't know if she tanked or not, but for everybody who saw the match, it wasn't surprising.
Same game plan for both, ball bashing and looking for winners, the main differences are Bovina has a great serve (the only break point she didn't save, was the only one she didn't place the 1st serve) and mixes her stroke direction. Bovina's serve gave a lot of free points. Michelle's serve also gave Bovina a lot of free points (DFs or return winners from Elena).
Michelle's BH is always CC, which a nice stroke, the problem is it's ALWAYS CC. Right to Bovina's stronger shot. Bovina totally overpower Michelle. Still, a nice game from Michelle when she held at 06 *14 with 3 winners (being one of them a BH DTL, only one of the 2 BH DTL she hitted all match).

Anna-Lena Groenefeld def. Pauline Parmentier 16 63 76

Watched a couple of games in the 1st and the only thing that worked in ALG's game was her serve. The rest was crap :help:.
Then saw from 3-3 in the last set and I must say it was much better. Both players trying to win the points, especially on their serves, being agressive and making some winners. Then at 5-5, Pauline breaks with some great points, exploring ALG lack of speed. Serving for the match, coming from nothing, Pauline starts making stupid errors, you can saw she was nervous, and ALG immediatelly took advantage to break. In that game she made an amazing BH drop shot. In the TB, Pauline seemed she was dead. Simply returning the ball with no power, didn't try anything to win. Deserved win for ALG for being stronger when it really matters.

Kristina Barrois def. Maria João Koehler 76 60 - first set

I must say I really didn't expect this kind of performance from MJK.
She started nervous, not really confident, but then at *0-2 0-40, she really picked her game, blasted 3 winners and eventually hold her serve (which is great,BTW, Barrois many times returned with slice from both sides; I think the best portuguese serve, despite some DFs.) Suddenly, it was other match, with MJK fighting toe to toe with Barrois, making the german many times defend during the points with her BH slice. The main problem from MJK is she doesn't have a net game, otherwise she could have come to the net to finish the points.
After that hold, she went to break Barrois' serve (which wasn't very effective today, but in the TB came up in crucial occasions).
In the next game Barrois tried to break MJK's serve, had 2/3 break points, made some great drop shots, but MJK played great in the bps.
She a letal combination: on the ad size, she serves a slice powerfull serve and then finish the point with a CC FH (she's lefty BTW). Did it many times during the match.
They both hold until 4-4, when Barrois broke, but MJK had the guts to going for her shots, not giving up and broke back. Both hold and they went to a TB. There, both make a DF, but Barrois' 1st serve gave her a couple of quick points which was crucial to win it.
During the 1st set, Barrois' really got upset with the precision and accurate of MJK's shots: deep, powerfull, painting the line sometimes.
This girl definitely has the talent to go top150, at least.

And a few points from:

Sharon Fichman def Arina Rodionova 60 62 - last game

Sharon seemed to know what to do in court. In one the point she moonballs with her BH to Arina's BH and the next stroke she fires a BH DTL to make a winner. Maybe I'll see tomorrow.

Peer/Yan def. Govortsova/Rodionova 62 64 - from 62 *43

Yan was the best player out there with great court sense and knew where to hit. Not much trouble winning it.

Cirstea/Kirilenko def. Ivanova/Yakimova - from 23* to 63 *12

Cirstea/Kirilenko got the break back with 2 DFs from Yakimova. Cirstea and Kirilenko really seemed to be the best players there. Altough, the best point for me was an amazing BH volley from Yakimova: she was coming behind and hits a slice sort CC BH volley behind her body.

The Guilty
May 4th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Day3

I'm really tired right now: the heat is really killing me. So the reports will come tomorrow. HEre are the matches I saw today.

Iveta Bensova def. Neuza Silva 64 57 64

Elena Bovina def. Michelle Brito 60 62

Kristina Barrois def. Maria João Koehler 76 60 - first set

And a few points from:

Sharon Fichman def Arina Rodionova 60 62 - last game

Sharon seemed to know what to do in court. In one the point she moonballs with her BH to Arina's BH and the next stroke she fires a BH DTL to make a winner. Maybe I'll see tomorrow.

Peer/Yan def. Govortsova/Rodionova 62 64 - from 62 *43

Yan was the best player out there with great court sense and knew where to hit. Not much trouble winning it.

Cirstea/Kirilenko def. Ivanova/Yakimova - from 23* to 63 *12

Cirstea/Kirilenko got the break back with 2 DFs from Yakimova. Cirstea and Kirilenko really seemed to be the best players there. Altough, the best point for me was an amazing BH volley from Yakimova: she was coming behind and hits a slice sort CC BH volley behind her body.

Looking forward to your reports :)

Mixed feelings for the portuguese players today. Happy for the fight they put on, but devastated that they couldn't win, specially Neuza :sad:

Corswandt
May 4th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I'm really tired right now: the heat is really killing me.

Lack of sleep. No more than 6-7 hours since Saturday as I stay up to 1:30 AM trying to type in my stuff here.

Keep up the good work as I'll probably have to stop tomorrow.

spiceboy
May 4th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Yes, I saw a bit of her match against Yakimova. She has a strong forehand and was winning the points based on that. She was very consistent and Yakimova couldn't get past her.

Thanks vesanto :hug:

Vincey!
May 4th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Sharon is definitely a smart player, and way more than a moonballer, she can hit some amazing winners :D

Oswald56
May 5th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Thanks for reports

Drake1980
May 5th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Sharon! :D

HenryMag.
May 5th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Updated with 2 matches :D

HenryMag.
May 5th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Lack of sleep. No more than 6-7 hours since Saturday as I stay up to 1:30 AM trying to type in my stuff here.

Keep up the good work as I'll probably have to stop tomorrow.

From friday to saturday only slept 6 hoours. Yesterday, only 7h. Today, got my sleep back: almost 10 hours sleeping without waking up.

Davodus
May 5th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Day3

Watched a couple of games in the 1st and the only thing that worked in ALG's game was her serve. The rest was crap :help:.
Then saw from 3-3 in the last set and I must say it was much better. Both players trying to win the points, especially on their serves, being agressive and making some winners. Then at 5-5, Pauline breaks with some great points, exploring ALG lack of speed. Serving for the match, coming from nothing, Pauline starts making stupid errors, you can saw she was nervous, and ALG immediatelly took advantage to break. In that game she made an amazing BH drop shot. In the TB, Pauline seemeds she was dead. Simply returning the ball with no power, didn't try anything to win. Deserved win for ALG for being stronger when it really matters.

thanks for this ALG info, glad she didn't get passive when it mattered :yeah:

HenryMag.
May 5th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Yesterday's matches done :D

HenryMag.
May 5th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Day4

Shahar Peer def. Michelle Brito 46 60 60

Watched the 1st set, and the last 3 games from the last set.
In the 1st set, Peer played like crap. Her FH, loopy as always, but going short and easilly attacked by Michelle. Her BH, her best weapon, was also erratic and hardly making any damage. Being the consistency her main weapon, Shahar was way too far from her best level (I guess that's why she isn't in top40 anymore). Michelle, as always, was ball bashing all the time and it was enough during the 1st. In the 2nd, my sister who stayed there, said Michelle after losing the first games in the 2nd, tried to save energies to the 3rd and didn't try at all.
When I came back, I saw a more agressive Shahar (comparing to the 1st set of course) hiting more powerfull BHs, her FH was loopy, but much deeper, near to the baseline and she hardly made any errors. With this kind of game, Michelle didn't have any chance, commiting a bunch of errors.
You can say Michelle was tired, but also credits to Shahar for improving her game exploring Michelle's weakest points.

Maret Ani def. Frederica Piedade 60 76

From 1-2* until 2-3* and then from 4-5* until 6-5*.

On her serve, Frederica always was on the control of the point, Maret didn't take any risk on the return. The problem is Frederica doesn't have a killer shot. When serving for the set, she couldn't finish the points, eventually making errors, that's why she was broken. She punished Ani's BH a lot, trying to finish the points with her FH DTL sometimes, 50% rate of success. She had a bp at 5-5, but Ani didn't gave any chance with a good serve followed by a CC FH. Left after that 11th game, expecting a 2 sets loss to Frederica after wasting a 5-3* lead.

Elena Bovina def. Alla Kudryavtseva 61 63

From 3-3* until the end.
Kudryavtseva simply has no game to play on clay: weak BH, weak serve (even her 1st sometimes), not very fast and her FH is not so effective because it's very flat.
Bovina playing the same way as yesterday, very agressive, not making many erros, Alla made a bunch of them and with a break at 3-3 the match seemed to get easy for her. Even when Alla had 2 gps at 5-3*, Bovina made a great return and Alla a bad error. The match ended with an error from Alla.
She was crying after the match ended, it was nice to see Bovina trying to cheer her up for a couple of minutes. I got an autograph from both :D

Maria Kirilenko def. Sharon Fichman 67 64 63

The 1st set (100 minutes :help:) and from 2-1* in the last.
Even I was tired after the 1st set. Sharon is such a fighter :worship:
Maria quickly had a 3-1* and a break point to have a *4-1. It seemed it would be an easy win. However, Sharon managed to hold and gain some confidence from that game. She picked up her game, which is based on consistency and basically is:
1) when she arrived a bit late, she usually moonballed or made a short ball (sometimes inside the service square) with top spin, gaving her some time before Maria hitted. It worked perfectly, because it was clay and Maria isn't exactly the most powerfull player on Tour. On her BH she also slices sometimes.
2) when she had time to hit, tried to open the angles or simply returning the ball to the middle, often with top spin (time to time she hits a flat BH, but it is not usually); she really lacks power. Also made some drop shots.
So, after that hold to 2-3*, Fichman was on error free mode, forcing Maria to commit some errors a couple of times, but mostly were unforced errors from the russian. It was like that until *5-3 for Fichman. When serving for the set, Fichman started to make UEs again, trying to go for the lines; maybe she felt she should win the points and not waiting for Maria's errors. Of course, it didn't work, because it isn't her game. Maria immediatelly took advantage and won 3 games in a row, knowing that Fichman was not so confidence. Now, Maria was serving for the set at *6-5, she had the right attitude, made some great BH DTL to gain a SP, which she missed with an FH volley. So, after this wasted SP, Fichman realised that maybe the set wasn't lost afterall and got her game back, barely making any errors, fighting a lot, returning all the balls. Maria also had 4 more SPs (2 wasted with totally failed FH, I think they hitted the racket frame and the other 2 with gutsy play from Fichman, making Maria run a lot, ending one of the rallies with a CC FH winner on the line).
On the 4th bp, Fichman broke and they went to a TB.
FIchman started better, had a 4-1* lead, Maria was agressive and came back to *4-4. Fichman commiteda couple of errors to give Maria a 6th SP at 6-5*. She didn't take it and had more 2 SPs at *7-6 and 8-7*. Again, Fichman played solid letting Maria control the points and eventually making an error. Finally Fichman had her 1st SP at 9-8*, which after 3 strokes, Maria nets a FH and gives away the set.
In the 3rd set from 2-1*, I had the idea Fichman was trying to play shorter points, making more drop shots, playing more to near the lines, it seemed she was becoming tired. However, she had the strengh to broke back, after being broken at *2-3, but after the *3-4 break, she still fought, but it was very hard to her, losing the match with a missed CC BH.
Still a nice perfomance from her.

Sorana Cirstea def. Kimiko Date-Krumm 62 16 62

From *3-0 in the 1st until the end of the 2nd and then from 3-2* in the 3rd.
Didn't watch the first games, but I think Kimiko struggled in the beggining with Sorana's powerfull strokes.
At the 4th game, Kimiko had a bp, but didn't take it. Sorana kept the agressive play during the 1st with Kimiko having trouble to take the control of the points. Sorana had 2 sps at 5-1*, missing both, but easily hold it after that.
At the 2nd set, Kimiko decided to be more agressive, going for her shots, her FH is soooo flat and very accurate, being her the 1st to attack instead of being attacked. Some errors also came from Cirstea's side. It was almost a double bagel, because the only game Cirstea won, she had to save triple break point.
Kimiko also made a great job absorving Cirstea's power stroke to take it as her own on the BH side (her BH swing is great for that).
That 6th game in the 3rd was crucial for the match. Didn't watch properly, I was waiting outside to enter, but after that it seemed Kimiko gave up. When served to stay at the match, she was broken to love, making errors all over the place.
After the match, I asked for an autograph to both, but Kimiko didn't gave it :o, she was really upset, but no need to be rude, she looked at me with an angry face. Even Alla gave it to me and she was devastaded.
Cristea was soooo nice, smilling a lot when I asked and when I thanked her.

Diatchenko/Dzehalevich def. Groth/Piedade 63 63

From 3-2* until 6-3 *2-3.
Finally I was able to watch Diatchenko. Her scream is really peculiar: it only lasts like half a second and it comes from nothing. Usually the screams have like 2 parts. Hers only gets 1. Her game is really not suitable to clay: very flat and strong shots, which worked nicely to strike right to the opponent's body that was at the net (most the times was Groth, because Frederica's shots eventually came short and Vitalia immediately blasted a stroke.
Her serve was crap, 2/3 DFs in the 2 service games and she struggled returning to slice serves (even the slower ones). Groth's coach and father (or something like that) kept saying kind of: "slice serve, she misses the return". Groth and Dzehalevich were the best players out there, making some lobs or passing shots, not just returning the ball (like Frederica always did) trying to win the points. Frederica's only good points were some nice volleys she made. When it went to the rally her strokes were powerless and short and she made some errors.
I was surprised that the score was so one sided after I left.

Nederlander RUS
May 5th, 2009, 08:32 PM
nice reports, thanks for your work. Try and take a rest :hug:

HenryMag.
May 6th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Day5:

Sabine Lisicki :inlove: def Elena Bovina 64 75

Didn't watch the 1st set very carefully, because I was trying to find a way to send my TT Rome picks via cellphone (I forget before I left home), which eventually I didn't manage to do it. :o
I only can say Elena didn't play well when serving to stay at the set at 5-4*, after she broke at 3-5*.
At the 2nd, Elena had low confidence after losing the 1st set and wasted a bp in the opening game of the 2nd. Lisicki improved her game (her best phase during the match, made some great winners) and built a 4-1* lead. She tried to break Bovina's serve again going for her shots, playing agressive but made a couple of long balls at 30-30, letting Bovina hold.
At the next game, Bovina got the break back with some agressive play, but helped with Sabine's DFs.
Lisicki was back to her average match level (making some winners, but also some errors).
So, both were very even, powerfull strokes and serves, Lisicki saved 2 bps at 4-4: one with a missed return from Bovina the other with a serve + FH winner combination.
Then, Lisicki raised her serve speed at 5-5, serving above 170km/h to hold.
When Bovina served to stay at the match, it was crappy play from her on 2 points: at 15-0 she misses an easy FH, after Lisicki's returned to the service square (the ball had kind of a strange effect, maybe Elena was surprised by that) and on MP, she hitted a FH and the ball clipped the net, but it didn't pass to the other side, losing the match.
Afterall, I must say Bovina is improving her game, maybe top100 this year.
Lisicki wasn't at Charleston form, but for me she's the main contender to win this. I got her autograph :)

Anna-Lena Gronefeld def. Kristina Barrois 64 64

Last 3 games.
I arrived at 6-4 3-4* with Barrois serving to take a 5-3 lead.
Barrois' slice BH seemed to not troubled ALG a lot. She played agressive during these games, blasting some FH winners.
Barrois had a gp at that 8th game, which she wasted with a UE. Like against Parmentier, ALG immediatelly took advantage, making powerfull strokes, forcing Barrois to error. She broke and easily held her serve next. Serving to stay at the match, Barrois didn't manage to hold, losing the match with a FH to the net. Her serve totally left her when she most needed.
One more time, credits to ALG for playing well in the most important moments of the match.

Yanina Wickmayer def. Olga Govortsova 06 62 62

Last 3 games.
I arrived at 06 62 32* with Govortsova trying to tie the 3rd set.
Great agressive play from Yanina, always trying to hit agressive. She was very confident, which is amazing after getting bageled. Olga didn't know what to do, she tried to make deep shots, not letting Yanina to take the control of the points, had a couple of winners, but commited some UEs. It didn't last long after Yanina broke at 3-2*. Olga tried to react at *2-5, made a BH DTL winner, but also 2 UEs, losing the match with a too long FH.
I must say, Yanina's positive attitude impressed, because I read here sometimes she can be very negative about herself. I got her autograph. :)
It will be very interesting tomorrow vs. Cirstea.

Ekaterina Makarova def. Melinda Czink 57 75 75

And again, the last 3 games :spit:
Ekaterina was serving to stay at the match at 5-7 7-5 *4-5.
I met Corswandt in this match and also vesanto.
Ekaterina played great points and made some winners during these 3 games. She tried to be agressive, mainly on her FH, commiting few UEs.
Czink was broken to 30 at 5-5, and she gave up in the next game, hardly trying to break back. Ekaterina held to love.
Not very much to say about this. I got Ekaterina's autograph. :)

Diatchenko/Dzehalevich def. Date-Krumm/Wickmayer 60 61 :rolleyes:

Kimiko at the net :tape:
From *3-0 until 6-0 *4-1.
Diatchenko's powerfull strokes really troubled Kimiko and Yanina. She made 4/5 winners hitting as hard as she could to the middle, mixing with some hard hitting right to Kimiko or Yanina, when they were at the net. Wih Dzehalevich more court sense, making some passing shots, lobs or nice volleys, this can be a dangerous team to the rest of the tourney. After the bagel in the 1st, Kimiko rushed to the net after every serve, which was a disaster, especially after Diatchenko's powerfull returns. When receiving the opponent's serve, she tried to return in slice, causing trouble to Diatchenko's time to time, but she easily got it and kept her agressive play. Dzehalevich was always very consistent during all match.
The only game Kimiko and Yanina won was thanks to a Diatchenko's DF at 6-0 *3-0. Yanina was celebrating with her hands up.
Kimiko missed a lot of volleys, mainly BH ones.

Corswandt
May 6th, 2009, 10:34 PM
After the match, I asked for an autograph to both, but Kimiko didn't gave it :o, she was really upset, but no need to be rude, she looked at me with an angry face.

Acting like a spoilt teenage diva. :rolleyes:

Lisicki wasn't at Charleston form, but for me she's the main contender to win this.

Not unless she gets her serve back. The favourite is now Peer. She may win this even playing as poorly as I suppose she is doing now.

HenryMag.
May 6th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Not unless she gets her serve back. The favourite is now Peer. She may win this even playing as poorly as I suppose she is doing now.

Peer played like crap in the 1st set against Michelle. Didn't watched her today.

I think Sabine, even without her serve being at it's best, she has the strokes to do it. I think the main problem is the 2nd serve and the DFs.

Blue-Eyed Soul
May 7th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Acting like a spoilt teenage diva. :rolleyes.

Lol, thanks for the report.

vesanto
May 7th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Kimiko probably didn't even understand you, she barely speaks english. :lol:

Привет
May 7th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Vita still winning in doubles at least! :woohoo: Her and Dzehalavich make a great team. :D

HenryMag.
May 7th, 2009, 09:47 AM

I showed a pen and my little notebook and asked her.
Maybe before she retired people didn't ask for autographs :lol:

Juarito
May 7th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Could you follow Salerni-Kirilenko match?

tennis fan475
May 7th, 2009, 06:30 PM
any thoughts on the match between Groth and Peer?

HenryMag.
May 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Could you follow Salerni-Kirilenko match?

Sorry, but I couldn't thanks to the 3 sets loss of Frederico Gil vs. Blake. I was hoping to watch that match, but Gil's one was long :rolleyes:

I only watched a couple of points of her 1st round against Coin.

HenryMag.
May 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM
any thoughts on the match between Groth and Peer?

Couldn't watch it, because Cirstea and Wickmayer were also playing.

Once again, great schedule of play.
Serious, Estoril only has the WTA tourney (thanks a lot for that, BTW) to give to hopeless portuguese chokers some WCs. The worst part is I support and suffer a lot with them :rolleyes:

HenryMag.
May 7th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Day6

Anna-Lena Groenefeld def. Sabine Lisicki 62 ret.

Only the last game. What a shame about Sabine's shoulder.
She called the trainer when I got there, still tried to hold her serve with agressive strokes, but it wasn't enough.
Now, I consider ALG main contender to win the title (now she'll probably lose tomorrow :lol:).

Ekaterina Makarova def. Maria Kirilenko 57 62 62

From 4-3* until the end of the 1st set.
First of all, I must say Makarova gave a very useful lesson today: "How to lose a set in 8 strokes."
But before that, 4 games were played and I must say well played.
Like yesterday, Makarova was agressive on her FH. She tried to control the points with that shot.
Very disputed points with both showing will to win the match (apart from the 12th game :o).
Maria had a sp at *4-5, which she wasted with a missed CC BH return. At the next game, Makarova had a break point, netting a BH, kind of forced with a Maria short slice ball.
Very long game, Maria eventually held it.
Now, here it is the Ekaterina Makarova's valuable lesson: "How to lose a set in 8 strokes:
1) Miss 1st serve;
2) Miss 2nd serve;
3) Miss 1st serve;
4) Miss 2nd serve;
5) Place the 1st serve;
6) Miss a DTL FH (if you're a lefty, otherwise, miss the BH);
7) Miss the 1st serve;
8) Miss the 2nd serve."
And there is: simple and quick.
I was expectating a meltdown from her after that. Surprised to find out she won it.

Yanina Wickmayer def. Sorana Cirstea 63 16 64

From 4-1* until the end.
Cirstea was too passive in the 3rd. :rolleyes:

I arrived and Sorana managed to even the set at 4-4, but gave it away at *4-5 with a very poor game: errors and a DF.
In the 2nd set, Sorana immediatelly broke Yanina and rebroke and 2-0, playing some agressive tennis. After that, Yanina totally gave away the set, making a bunch of UEs. She still broke at 0-5*, a nice gesture from Sorana, BTW.
In the beggining of the 3rd, Yanina started to play well again, her agressive game, moving her opponent side to side, always trying to take the control of the rallies, unlike Sorana who was too passive, not taking any risks on the 2nd serve returns expecting something like the 2nd set probably.
o, the belgian took a deserved *5-2 and finally Cirstea decided it was time to try a comeback, helped by a couple of UEs of the belgian and she broke to make *3-5. With a few good serves she held to 4-5*, but Yanina eventually held her serve to win the match.
I wonder why during the 3rd set, Cirstea hardly was trying to make winners, always playing safe, when she definetelly has the power to do it. That's why Yanina won the match. She wasn't afraid and went for her shots.

2 doubles matches:

Kops-Jones/Spears def. Dulgheru/Silva 75 16 10-4

Watched the first 4 games, but I wasn't there in the stands. After that, I just took a quick look at the score and a couple of points time to time. I was on Centralito, and on every change over I went to see this.
Dulgheru defensive skills are useless on doubles, so in the 1st games Kops-Jones and Spears always punished it with their volleys. Dulgheru's net game level is probably not very far from Brie Whitehead's. At least from what I saw. I guess she went to play better after that.
Neuza was better, she sometimes returns with a lob on her BH and it worked a couple of times.
Then, I left Centralito to watch the final set TB from this.
Kops-Jones/Spears doubles skills finally showed up, hardly giving Neuza and Dulgheru any chance.

Coin/Pelletier def. Cirstea/Kirilenko 64 16 10-7

Not very much to say about this. It was more interesting to talk with Corswandt or simply watch Cirstea than the match itself.
Coin and Pelletier made some good volleys, Coin's serve is great, Pelletier manage to ace Kirilenko and Cirstea has much more potential than she usually shows. It's a delight to watch her powerfull flat strokes. Why she doesn't use them more??
I guess Coin/Pelletier deserved the win for being a little better in the end, not making errors.

vesanto
May 8th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I am bit underwhelmed with Cirstea's level. It is the first time I really follow some of her matches and I really don't see the big potential many people find. :shrug: Probably it is my problem. I am bit underwhelmed in general. Makarova is in the final and I am also disapointed on her, I thought she was much more powerful (as Corswandt said in his topic) and her movement is also not that great.

I have never publicized it but LusoTénis is covering Estoril Open and we have a blog, frenquently updated, with the recent news on the tournament. It is written in portuguese so most of you won't enjoy it, however there are some pictures from tournament/players and it might give you just a general feeling.

Blue-Eyed Soul
May 8th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks. I hope Makarova plays better in the final.

HenryMag.
May 8th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Day7:

Marosi/Fichman def. Diatchenko/Dzehalevich 64 46 10-7

Planned to watch Peer vs. Wickmayer after a few games of this, but I saw many people leaving Centralito - I presumed Peer retired. So, I decided to stay until the end and then to go to watch Groenefeld vs. Makarova, however it ended to quickly.

Marosi was the clever of the 4, making some great FH passing either CC or DTL. Diatchenko's flat strokes weren't so effective as yesterday and her serve really is something weird.
In the 3rd set TB, Diatchenko/Dzehalevich had a well built 7-4 lead, thanks to some agressive smart play and good volleys. However, Marosi/Fichman were consistent for the rest of the TB and helped by stupid mistakes from their opponents. They finished the match with a forced error by Dzehalevich after a Fichman's BH volley.

Kops-Jones/Spears def. Coin/Pelletier 36 75 10-3

Like yesterday, I wondered how the hell Kops-Jones and Spears have some nice doubles results. Until I get my answer when they were losing 36 05, when the decided to play some doubles tennis.
Pelletier was the best player out there during the 1st set :eek:
She played on ad size and her best combination was BH return followed by a volley. She won a few points in that way.
Coin's strokes went to the bottom of the net like 4 or 5 times in all match, her game definetlly doesn't suit clay. Kops-Jones/Spears baseline game was a mess and their net game wasn't good either. That huge lead by Coin/Pelletier naturally happened. But suddenly, Kops-Jones/Spears found her net agressive game, shorting the points and that was the way they managed to comeback and win the match.
There was a point in the 3rd set TB that Coin felt when she was at the net, Pelletier still hitted the ball a couple of times, but when Coin was rising from the ground, Kops-Jones smashes right to her to win the point. The ball didn't hit her, but still poor Coin :hug: and a nice effort from Pelletier.

Corswandt
May 9th, 2009, 12:03 AM

I'd place a Vegas bet that she does, maybe even quite well, but pretended not to so as to dodge questions regarding her pathetic choke in singles and tank job in doubles.

I am bit underwhelmed with Cirstea's level. It is the first time I really follow some of her matches and I really don't see the big potential many people find. :shrug:

I still think that she has the potential to hit a patch of shit hot form (going for her shots, serving at her best) similar to that of Szavay in the summer of 2007. Other than that, anywhere between #20-60. But there's no denying she's a delight to watch when in full flight.

Probably it is my problem. I am bit underwhelmed in general.

This is a MM event, what did you expect?

Makarova is in the final and I am also disapointed on her, I thought she was much more powerful (as Corswandt said in his topic) and her movement is also not that great.

Crafty player with smooth strokes and that's about it.

HenryMag.
May 9th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Day8

Yanina Wickmayer def. Ekaterina Makarova 75 62

Really disappointed by Ekaterina today. Maybe she was mentally and physically tired, but her game was off. Her 1st serve left her and she made a lot of UEs during the match.
Yanina was agressive everytime she could, keeping her positive attitude trough the match, deserving to win it.
Very even 1st set, Makarova tried to blew it at *4-5, however Yanina UEs didn't let her. Nevertheless, at *5-6 she did it with a couple of DFs and a bad UE of her BH side.
The 2nd set, with the exception being the game when Makarova broke Yanina's serve, the russian was a total mess. Really a shame, I think it would be a much better final if Makarova was at her best. Congratulations to Yanina on winning her 1st WTA title.

And after 8 days, WTA Estoril and the reports are over :sad:
It was a pleasure to me to write them. I hope you liked as much I enjoyed to do it.

Already was asked about Michelle's pics and I will post them here during the next days.
I have pics from all the matchs I reported, so if you want it, just ask here and I post.

Effy
May 10th, 2009, 12:26 PM
thanks for reports :yeah:

Blue-Eyed Soul
May 10th, 2009, 02:05 PM

I take it that means that her German husband is fluent in Japanese.

Foot's Fingers
May 11th, 2009, 02:50 PM
thnks for all reports

HenryMag.
May 11th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Pictures

Michelle def. Fujiwara

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/839/p8100268y.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8100268y.jpg)

Michelle def. Dulgheru

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4333/p8110293.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8110293.jpg)

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7301/p8110294.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8110294.jpg)

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6020/p8110292.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8110292.jpg)

Michelle lost to Bovina

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/213/p9290318.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p9290318.jpg)

HenryMag.
May 11th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Pictures

Yanina Wickmayer def. Sorana Cirstea

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7655/pa020306.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa020306.jpg)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8453/pa020309.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa020309.jpg)

Yanina Wickmayer def. Ekaterina Makarova

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7980/pa040066.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa040066.jpg)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3726/pa040069.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa040069.jpg)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6094/pa040070.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa040070.jpg)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1204/pa040083.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa040083.jpg)

The Guilty
May 11th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Any Neuza, Frederica or MJK pics? :angel:

HenryMag.
May 11th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Any Neuza, Frederica or MJK pics? :angel:

Sure, but from Frederica only from her doubles match.

I will post them tomorrow.

HenryMag.
May 12th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Neuza lost to Benesova (warm-up)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1055/p9290299.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p9290299.jpg)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5299/p9290301.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p9290301.jpg)

Frederica in doubles

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1605/p9300239.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p9300239.jpg)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8936/p9300240.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p9300240.jpg)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8779/p9300241.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p9300241.jpg)

MJK are on my sister's photo's card, so it may take a while until I posted them here.

The Guilty
May 13th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Neuza lost to Benesova (warm-up)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1055/p9290299.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p9290299.jpg)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5299/p9290301.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p9290301.jpg)

Frederica in doubles

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1605/p9300239.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p9300239.jpg)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8936/p9300240.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p9300240.jpg)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8779/p9300241.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p9300241.jpg)

MJK are on my sister's photo's card, so it may take a while until I posted them here.

Thanks! Great pics! :worship:

Juarito
May 13th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Any pics of Salerni or Salerni/Cetkovska?

HenryMag.
May 14th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Any pics of Salerni or Salerni/Cetkovska?

I'm afraid not, sorry :awww:

Привет
May 17th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Any pics of Diatchenko?

HenryMag.
May 17th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Any pics of Diatchenko?

Wil post them tomorrow.

Привет
May 18th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Thanks so much! Can't wait. :)

HenryMag.
May 18th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Diatchenko/Dzehalevich def. Date-Krumm/Wickmayer

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6012/pa010292.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010292.jpg)

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8506/pa010293.jpg (http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010293.jpg)

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/732/pa010290.jpg (http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010290.jpg)

Diatchenko/Dzehalevich loss to Fichman/Marosi

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1231/pa030003.jpg (http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa030003.jpg)

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2766/pa030009.jpg (http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa030009.jpg)

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5099/pa030011.jpg (http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa030011.jpg)

Привет
May 19th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Thanks! :yeah:

HowardH
May 19th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Thank you for the reports and pictures Henry. Kimiko :o. I really like you Kimiko, so please be nice to your fans, even if you are struggling. Many people will continue to support you even if you struggle. :hug: