PDA

View Full Version : Estoril Open. Day 1 Reports

GoncaloSeixas
May 2nd, 2009, 07:10 PM
Hey! Today started Estoril Open, qualifying day, and it was amazing day to start it. First of all the weather were fantastic, with the thermometer reaching the 30º. It was pretty hot in there but at least I could get tanned. When I arrived there the games were already happening so I have to chose which one I'd like to see the most. So I went to court 1 to see Yakimova taking Stanciute easily.
I really thought that Stanciute was going to push hard but I was pretty dissapointed beacuse it was all so easy to Nastasya that she didn't put a great effort on that. Lina has some good strokes but her mental condition was bad, actually dreadful. The match ended with a double 6-1 and with Lina pissed off. Maybe she was in a bad day. I take some pictures of the match and I tried to record but it was forbidden so I have to stop. After that match I went to court 2 to see the tie between Stevenson and Bovina. I was very excited beacuse I really love Bovina and Stevenson was a big name of tennis. The match started and since the beggining I realise that that match was gonna be though to Bovina. Sexy Lexy was hitting the ball like nobody and did some impressive points that I never thought she was able to. The first set went to Elena after some good strong strokes and a difficult tie break. But in the second she went down and Stevenson take advantadge going to 2-0 and taking the second set 7-5. At that time, I went to a court where Davydenko was training because I really want a picture with him. I wait for him 20 minutes and I finally got a photo with him :D. When I came back to the court, they were cleaning it and the match was finished. It looks like Bovina give Stevenson a breadstick. Some say that Sexy Lexy was injured :woohoo:. I have to say that I was impressed with her service, pretty strong. Bovina still got that thing that take her to top 20, but her mental condition is not that good.

GoncaloSeixas
May 2nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
After that match I wait at the court to see the tie between Minella and Rodionova. I saw Rodionova last year and I didn't like her. It looks like I have my personal reasons. She is just too much big-headed, and she thinks she's beautiful and the best tennis player of the world. Well, since the beggining I was cheering for Mandy because I was completly :eek: by her beauty. She is fucking hot and a hell of a player. I have to admit I have a crush on her and I'm her newest fan. She started the match very well, with some great shots and her strokes were very good, specially her service. Strong and regular, she take the first set 6-0. In the second I don't know what happen to her because she wasn't the player I saw at the first set. She failed a couple of easy shots and she just didn't run through the balls, so Rodionova take the second set 6-1. The third was pretty exciting to see because it was warmer than before so both players were able to push hard and show their best tennis. Mandy was leading 5-4; 30-0 in the third but Arina was just too strong and take the final set and the match with a 7-5 result. I realised tht Aurelie Vedy was cheering a lot for Mandy and the voice of her trainer was just robotic but at the same time energetic saying " Andy come on". The trainer of Arina is the same that Sexy lexy and gave a lot of strenght, he was very entushiastic. I was a little bit sad because Mandy got eliminated but at least I was able to see her :). Then I went to see Chanelle Scheepers game. She was playing against Abigail Spears and was dominting her in the first set. I was very curious about Chani beacuse I knew some fans of her so I was happy to see that she is pretty sweat and she was smiling to me sometimes ;).I just saw the first set but later I knew that she won 7-6 in the second set. I saw also the final games of Vedy tie against a Bulgarina player( I think) and I was impressed by Vedy quality. I think she will be a top 150. She has great strokes and her service is very good. Her mental is weak and I think that she lost because of it. ( and also beacuse the other player serve was just impressive). Then I did some time until Michelle play but I was pretty tired and I need a rest, so I came home.

If you wanna know If I saw a special player ask me. Sorry if my English is not that good but I tried my best to make this report a good report. Hope to come back to Estoril Tuesday. Any special requests?

Some1
May 2nd, 2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the reports ! :d :d Nice to hear that Bovina is maybe on the way to reach her old level =)

Did you saw Sharon Fichman plays against Liana Ungur ?

GoncaloSeixas
May 2nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
yes yes I saw a few games. Ungur grunts were loud, pretty loud. Sharon is a fantastic player for a 19 years old player. I think that she can make the qualies easily for what i saw today!

Nederlander RUS
May 2nd, 2009, 08:04 PM
thanks for report, pls attend Michelle's matches tomorrow :worship:

Uranium
May 2nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
Were you woohooing that Lexy was injured?

Привет
May 2nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
Would love to hear anything about Vitalia Diatchenko if you see her. ;)

The Guilty
May 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
Were you woohooing that Lexy was injured?

I watched pretty much the whole match, she didn't look injured. Actually she was moving pretty decently on her standards on clay. And she fought for each point. Her game is completly cheanged though, I don't think she can go anywhere near top 100 again.

Juarito
May 3rd, 2009, 12:28 AM
Please tell me everything about Pitu Salerni there! thanks :wavey:

tennisbuddy12
May 3rd, 2009, 01:36 AM
Madison Brengle reports...americans?

Filipinos
May 3rd, 2009, 02:13 AM
After that match I wait at the court to see the tie between Minella and Rodionova. I saw Rodionova last year and I didn't like her. It looks like I have my personal reasons. She is just too much big-headed, and she thinks she's beautiful and the best tennis player of the world. Well, since the beggining I was cheering for Mandy because I was completly :eek: by her beauty. She is fucking hot and a hell of a player. I have to admit I have a crush on her and I'm her newest fan. She started the match very well, with some great shots and her strokes were very good, specially her service. Strong and regular, she take the first set 6-0. In the second I don't know what happen to her because she wasn't the player I saw at the first set. She failed a couple of easy shots and she just didn't run through the balls, so Rodionova take the second set 6-1. The third was pretty exciting to see because it was warmer than before so both players were able to push hard and show their best tennis. Mandy was leading 5-4; 30-0 in the third but Arina was just too strong and take the final set and the match with a 7-5 result. I realised tht Aurelie Vedy was cheering a lot for Mandy and the voice of her trainer was just robotic but at the same time energetic saying " Andy come on". The trainer of Arina is the same that Sexy lexy and gave a lot of strenght, he was very entushiastic. I was a little bit sad because Mandy got eliminated but at least I was able to see her :). Then I went to see Chanelle Scheepers game. She was playing against Abigail Spears and was dominting her in the first set. I was very curious about Chani beacuse I knew some fans of her so I was happy to see that she is pretty sweat and she was smiling to me sometimes ;).I just saw the first set but later I knew that she won 7-6 in the second set. I saw also the final games of Vedy tie against a Bulgarina player( I think) and I was impressed by Vedy quality. I think she will be a top 150. She has great strokes and her service is very good. Her mental is weak and I think that she lost because of it. ( and also beacuse the other player serve was just impressive). Then I did some time until Michelle play but I was pretty tired and I need a rest, so I came home.

If you wanna know If I saw a special player ask me. Sorry if my English is not that good but I tried my best to make this report a good report. Hope to come back to Estoril Tuesday. Any special requests?

Really? I liked Vedy but she is already 28 y.o. and I didn't think that her serve is good enough... :( I doubt that she will reach top 150... :(

And yeah Dzehalevich has a really good 1st serve! :eek: :)

Ballbasher
May 3rd, 2009, 08:53 AM
Nice reports thanks :D
I'm just surprised because when I saw Bovina in Stuttgart against Scheepers and I watched her winning the Set 6-0, she nowhere near a Top20player, neither gamewise or mental. But there are several things she could improve on, to get at least back to Top100. :)