PDA

View Full Version : Nicole Memories

Temperenka
Apr 26th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Hey everyone,

We have a bit of down-time from Nicole it seems. I don't think she is playing for a couple of weeks. But I thought it would be cool if everyone posted their favorite Nicole memories (good or bad). Then we can remember the old Nicole and get excited for her later matches. ;)

My favorite Nicole moment was when she was sooooo close to beating Svetlana in the SF of Roland Garros 2006. Even though she didn't win, just being so close was :drool: and was really what turned me into a fan.

My worst Nicole moment was Wimbledon 2007 QF vs. Ivanovic. 2 match points and couldn't convert. I like Ana and her fighting spirit, but I was very sad that Nicole was on the receiving end of it. That was a real opportunity lost.

What about everyone else. :wavey: :)

Sexysova
Apr 26th, 2009, 06:45 PM
I love her match against Amelie in 2006 (RG) where she played the best tennis imo :)

and Nicole is playing Q in Rome, GOOD LUCK :)

Temperenka
Apr 26th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I love her match against Amelie in 2006 (RG) where she played the best tennis imo :)

and Nicole is playing Q in Rome, GOOD LUCK :)

That match against Amelie was also :drool: I remember it had almost the same exact score-line as vs. Venus.

Nicole playing in Q will be a little odd to see. But, it really helped out Agnes earlier this year, maybe getting a few more easy wins will really help her confidence.

tiffanykatya.
Apr 29th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I became a Nicole(and tennis) fan only since 07 RG so I don't have the memory nor the excitement about Nicole's run in 06 RG and 07 AO. But I really enjoy those matches:p

My best moment about Nicole is her 08 Wimbledon QF run. After her big slump and all those first rounds, I was so frustrated:sobbing:. An unexpected great run in a grand slam really made my month:eek:! Though she wasn't out of her slump yet:sad:

The worst moment for me is 07 Wimbledon QF:o I still can't believe she wasted all her chances in that match! OMG!! :mad:

Anyways, the past is past. Now I just wish her the best and hopefully she can finish this year strongly! And good luck in Rome:bounce:

Merseykmight
Apr 29th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I'll always remember the girl with the beautiful yellow dress!
I started to watch tennis since 2007 Australian Open.
When I was about to go to bed that night,I was wondering if there were any matches showed on tv,so I turned it to the sports channel.And then,I saw Nicole,such a beautiful girl with such a beautiful dress.That was the highlights against Serena,I loved that match very much!I didn't know who it was the girl at that time,I searched,and I knew her name is Nicole Vaidisova.Thank god for letting me watch that program!!Yes my best memory is Ao SF 07!
My worst memory of Nicole is as the same as yours.Wimbledon QF 07.I was watching it!It was so cruel..I didn't want to review the match..3 match points..If Nicole got that point..maybe now.. :tears:Forget it!
Nicole,I like every match when you were on the court!
Good luck in Rome!!:bounce:

Lunaris
Apr 29th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Looks like people are ready for Devilsova's Dungeon to be moved to Blast from the past subforum.

Temperenka
Apr 30th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Looks like people are ready for Devilsova's Dungeon to be moved to Blast from the past subforum.

That isn't the point of this. :fiery:

We're getting pumped up for Rome.

Spiritof42
Apr 30th, 2009, 01:07 PM
From a personal standpoint, my favorite Nicole moment was when I first saw her play in person, at the 2005 Rogers Cup in Toronto. Although I had been following her results since 2004, I had only seen her a few times on TV and was quite curious to watch her game from up close. I saw Nicole beat Perry, Dechy and Sromova, all in straight sets. Perry and Sromova were lucky losers, but Dechy was the tournament's 10th seed. Since these matches were played on outside courts, I had a front-row seat and an excellent view of the action. :) I remember being impressed by Nicole's powerful serve, her forehand (and also, I have to admit, by her rather splendid physique ;)). In fact, I can say no other player made a stronger impression on me that year. It was at that moment that I really became a fan.