PDA

View Full Version : Is £70 on a T-Shirt too much ?

Mina Vagante
Apr 25th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I bought a T-Shirt for £70 and im now wondering if it's too much.

Someone make me feel better and tell me they have spent like £200 on a shirt before :D

Sammm
Apr 25th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Pic of t-shirt please before we decide :)

My mother bought me a jumper that cost £65 for Christmas, but it is a really nice jumper :D

Conor
Apr 25th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Yes dear, that is way too much for a tshirt. You can get some nice ones in topman, 2 for a tenner. Or river island.. They have some lovely summer stuff :) where did you get this tshirt?

Mina Vagante
Apr 25th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I'm beginning to think it was too much :(

Mina Vagante
Apr 25th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Yes dear, that is way too much for a tshirt. You can get some nice ones in topman, 2 for a tenner. Or river island.. They have some lovely summer stuff :) where did you get this tshirt?

Some designer place :sobbing:

Sally Struthers
Apr 25th, 2009, 07:10 PM
yes it's too much especially when the shirt is ugly

Mina Vagante
Apr 25th, 2009, 07:11 PM

How dare you :sad:

Adal
Apr 25th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I like the shirt, but it's definitely not worth £70

Barrie_Dude
Apr 25th, 2009, 07:14 PM
That is far too much for a T-Shirt. A nice dress shirt would be fine at that price

Mina Vagante
Apr 25th, 2009, 07:15 PM
But I dont want to take it back. I like it :sad:

mckyle.
Apr 25th, 2009, 07:35 PM
That's not a t-shirt :lol:

And yeah, too much for something ugly

thalle
Apr 25th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Depends.
What brand?
Do you have (enough) money?
How often do you buy stuff? And expensive stuff?

If you like it and it's good quality then keep it and appreciate it everytime you wear it.

Destiny
Apr 25th, 2009, 08:03 PM
ewwww

Cakeisgood
Apr 25th, 2009, 08:20 PM
1) Not a t-shirt

2) I think it's too pricey, but i'm a diehard H&Mer so don't take it from me :)

Officinale
Apr 25th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Depends.
What brand?

If you like it and it's good quality then keep it and appreciate it everytime you wear it.

:yeah:

CooCooCachoo
Apr 25th, 2009, 10:00 PM
It's not necessarily too much, depending on brand and quality. But for this shirt, given its plainness, it is definitely too much. It's pretty bland and snoozeworthy :yawn: And even if it's great quality, it looks like a shirt you should not want to wear for years.

That's just my opinion :angel:

A Magicman
Apr 25th, 2009, 10:03 PM
As £70 are approaching the value of a handful of pebbles, I think it was not too expensive.

KournikovaFan91
Apr 25th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I spent €80 on a t-shirt once, so no £70 is majorly expensive.

Max565
Apr 25th, 2009, 11:35 PM
It's looks pretty nice. Plain but sophisticated for something casual... but 70 is definitely too much...

Sammm
Apr 25th, 2009, 11:37 PM
But this is not a t-shirt :shrug: it's a shirt. To me there's a difference. It's nice, but £70 is a lot

Kart
Apr 26th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Aren't you like, an A-level student ?

It's too much for you to spend on a T-shirt.

Scotso
Apr 26th, 2009, 03:03 AM
You know it's too much or you wouldn't have posted this thread. Are we supposed to be impressed with your ability to flush money down the toilet?

Agreed. I wouldn't wear it for free. What kind of fabric is that? It looks like a vinyl table covering.

drake3781
Apr 26th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Uh, that is not a t-shirt. :scratch: I am really confused why you called this a t-shirt.

Wigglytuff
Apr 26th, 2009, 04:21 AM
I bought a T-Shirt for £70 and im now wondering if it's too much.

Someone make me feel better and tell me they have spent like £200 on a shirt before :D

fuck yeah thats too much. unless it is made with the pubic of virgins, shaved on the night of their deflowering and encrusted with jewels from atlantis, that is too much to pay for a tee shirt.

plus the shirt that you have is not a tshirt, but it is an ugly shirt.

Willam
Apr 26th, 2009, 04:22 AM
that shirt is disgusting.

Willam
Apr 26th, 2009, 04:22 AM

topman ew.

Cat's Pajamas
Apr 26th, 2009, 04:50 AM
I echo the sentiment of this thread. I'm not opposed to spending that kind of money on clothing IF you can afford it. However, you are kind of giving off a vibe of trying to promote how well off you are.

Oh and no that shirt is boring/ugly and not worth your money. Go return it and buy some better looking apparel. :)

drake3781
Apr 26th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Well, I like the shirt; it would look fine with pants or even shorts and sandals (dare I say flipflops?).

Just don't try to look dressed up, but look casual and comfortable in it. Something very nice, dressed down, is a good look.

Williamsser
Apr 26th, 2009, 05:37 AM
They're all made in a Chinese sweatshop factory, brand name or not.

Scotso
Apr 26th, 2009, 07:51 AM
fuck yeah thats too much. unless it is made with the pubic of virgins, shaved on the night of their deflowering and encrusted with jewels from atlantis, that is too much to pay for a tee shirt.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=355924 :tape:

Scotso
Apr 26th, 2009, 07:54 AM
They're all made in a Chinese sweatshop factory, brand name or not.

True. You can find a shirt that looks just like that for a tenth of the price or less.

I wouldn't be surprised if, like many other products and especially store brand food, the shirts you buy for $100 are the exact same shirt made by the exact same people in the exact same place as another shirt for $5. The only diference with those products is the label.

Still, I constantly hear people gasp when I talk about buying off-brands. I really don't understand why a label is so important to people. If you have to have it, make the label yourself and sew it on.

mckyle.
Apr 26th, 2009, 08:28 AM
True. You can find a shirt that looks just like that for a tenth of the price or less.

I wouldn't be surprised if, like many other products and especially store brand food, the shirts you buy for $100 are the exact same shirt made by the exact same people in the exact same place as another shirt for $5. The only diference with those products is the label.

Still, I constantly hear people gasp when I talk about buying off-brands. I really don't understand why a label is so important to people. If you have to have it, make the label yourself and sew it on.

But the one bought for $5 falls apart after wearing it twice while the one bought for $100 last for years ;)

ArturoAce.
Apr 26th, 2009, 09:17 AM
1) Not a t-shirt

2) I think it's too pricey, but i'm a diehard H&Mer so don't take it from me :)

Me too!:rocker2:

ArturoAce.
Apr 26th, 2009, 09:18 AM
btw. how much is £70 is US dollars? im too lazy to look it up. :lol:

mandy7
Apr 26th, 2009, 09:33 AM
as said before
- not a t-shirt
- not a nice shirt (AT ALL)
- not worth the 70 you paid for t

Wigglytuff
Apr 26th, 2009, 12:38 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=355924 :tape:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Vuitton

p.s. are you to drunk/stupid/retarded to understand that different things have different uses and are thus worth more or less than a tshirt?

for example might 140$ might be too much to spend on a tee shirt, but a fair price for shoes? i know, i cant ask you to think, thats too much. its unfair of me.

Wigglytuff
Apr 26th, 2009, 12:40 PM
as said before
- not a t-shirt
- not a nice shirt (AT ALL)
- not worth the 70 you paid for t

basically, i am sure there are plenty of NICE SHIRTS out there that are worth and cost 70. but not for a tshirt, and not THAT particular shirt.

mandy7
Apr 26th, 2009, 01:02 PM
basically, i am sure there are plenty of NICE SHIRTS out there that are worth and cost 70. but not for a tshirt, and not THAT particular shirt.
i agree,
then again, i think ppl spending money on lv-bags is crazy too, cause most of them are ugly :p

:bolt:

Wigglytuff
Apr 26th, 2009, 01:11 PM
i agree,
then again, i think ppl spending money on lv-bags is crazy too, cause most of them are ugly :p

:bolt:

:lol:

not my speedy 30 (i put the white bow on it for pictures, i dont wear it like that)
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/7297/33983088yy6.jpg

her name is brownie, and she goes almost everywhere with me. but i need one of the things to for hanging your purse so it doesnt get dirty when you are out.

Wigglytuff
Apr 26th, 2009, 01:19 PM
http://milestoneproducts.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/PurseHolderForWeb-2.jpg

something like this but not this ugly.

V-MAC
Apr 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
70 quid for a t-shirt is too much. 30 quid max is enough.

Rerun
Apr 26th, 2009, 04:02 PM
ok, my english is not good but even for me that one is not a t-shirt

and definitely expensive and ugly :p

that is ok for a high brand polo, too much for a t-shirt, well it depends by the quality and brands, have got some of d&g and armani that are more expansive, not that much for a shirt, and I'm confused because that stuff is kinda a mix p

youizahoe
Apr 26th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Cute shirt, certainly worth the price.

youizahoe
Apr 26th, 2009, 04:20 PM
LV = worst quality for the worst price
Delveaux = best quality for a lesser price

Wigglytuff
Apr 26th, 2009, 04:44 PM
LV = worst quality for the worst price
Delveaux = best quality for a lesser price

you mentioned that before, but i have never heard of them, and the styles are OK, but they dont have any stores in america so i would not even be able to see them before buying online.

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 26th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Depends.
What brand?

.....and as long as you're happy with it :)

Kart
Apr 26th, 2009, 05:44 PM
her name is brownie, and she goes almost everywhere with me. but i need one of the things to for hanging your purse so it doesnt get dirty when you are out.
:spit: :worship:

What is it with girls and bags ? :shrug:

I'm afraid to ask how many pairs of shoes you have :scared:.

comfortably.numb
Apr 26th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I don't think the shirt is ugly, but I wouldn't spend £70 on it.

Sally Struthers
Apr 26th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'd pay that much for a piece of clothing but not THAT one. And only if I could afford it.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Apr 26th, 2009, 07:04 PM
£70 for that shirt? :help: I wouldn't give more than 10. It's totally not worth the money you paid for it. What's more, I bet you could easily find something similar for a lower price...

Ciarán
Apr 26th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I don't like it. Looks like sth you get in Peacocks for £4, sorry :tears:

propi
Apr 26th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Depends, you can almosts pay that amount for a Custo T shirt; and, if I fancied one of these I wouldn't think twice to bought it...
It's a saying but most of the times true, cheap gets expensive, so if you like it and can afford why not as long as you're happy with it, which doesn't seem the case though

youizahoe
Apr 26th, 2009, 09:09 PM
you mentioned that before, but i have never heard of them, and the styles are OK, but they dont have any stores in america so i would not even be able to see them before buying online.

Delvaux is a brand that is completely hand made, making one small wallet takes 3 months to fabricate, plus they give a 30-year quarantee on their purses, when something is broken, they will give you a new one. They are also the purses that all royal families use, it has stores in the USA, since it's one of the biggest luxury purse vendors.

mandy7
Apr 26th, 2009, 09:46 PM
:spit: :worship:

What is it with girls and bags ? :shrug:

I'm afraid to ask how many pairs of shoes you have :scared:.
Haha, yeah, we all have issues
i got about 9 bags i think, but not the small useless kind that only fit a phone
but the kind that is way handy to take to work
got 12 pairs of shoes i think, maybe more, but i don't all wear them anymore
bought new nikes last week :hearts:

moby
Apr 26th, 2009, 10:54 PM
70 pounds is about US 105? That's really pricy. The only items I have in that range are winter jackets.

I wouldn't mind splurging on the occasional item of clothing if I came into some money. But you have to pick your spots, and that was not a good spot, and you know it.

That shirt better look better in life.

ArturoAce.
Apr 26th, 2009, 11:00 PM
wow. 140. :tape: yeah, wayy to much. and i'm usually a big spender.

moby
Apr 26th, 2009, 11:07 PM
wow. 140. :tape: yeah, wayy to much. and i'm usually a big spender.I made a mistake. It's US 105.

ArturoAce.
Apr 26th, 2009, 11:43 PM
still same reaction :help:

skanky~skanketta
Apr 27th, 2009, 02:16 AM
It's not an ugly shirt, but it's not memorable., so the money was not really well-spent. No offense. I've bought expensive stuff which were ugly as well, but always memorable. Like a pair of orange boots.

Lin Lin
Apr 27th, 2009, 03:31 AM
£70?About 700 RMB?:unsure:
It's expensive for me,but the shirt looks nice:D:yeah:It's not a T-shirt though:shrug:

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 27th, 2009, 09:21 AM
what's the brand of your "t-shirt" again?

Beat
Apr 27th, 2009, 09:40 AM
first of all: your not-t-shirt is very nice.
£70 is too much if it's not good quality and produced in china. but if the fabric and the sowing are of good quality and it was produced in europe, then it's not too much.

CooCooCachoo
Apr 27th, 2009, 09:42 AM
first of all: your not-t-shirt is very nice.
£70 is too much if it's not good quality and produced in china. but if the fabric and the sowing are of good quality and it was produced in europe, then it's not too much.

I don't understand why it's too much if it is produced in China, but not if it's produced in Europe, unless you are saying that there is no way it can be of good enough quality if its a Chinese make.

Beat
Apr 27th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I don't understand why it's too much if it is produced in China, but not if it's produced in Europe, unless you are saying that there is no way it can be of good enough quality if its a Chinese make.

i didn't say anything that's produced in china is of bad quality. someting can be from there, be cheap and of good quality. but if something is produced in europe, it costs more, that's why so much stuff is produced in china.

i have friends who try to live of designing fashion, they produce in small numbers and try to do it in switzerland or close countries, and so it's clear their clothes cost more than someone who is producing 20'000 t-shirts in china.

mariahdg
Apr 27th, 2009, 11:30 AM
i didn't say anything that's produced in china is of bad quality. someting can be from there, be cheap and of good quality. but if something is produced in europe, it costs more, that's why so much stuff is produced in china.

i have friends who try to live of designing fashion, they produce in small numbers and try to do it in switzerland or close countries, and so it's clear their clothes cost more than someone who is producing 20'000 t-shirts in china.

different added value

Wigglytuff
Apr 27th, 2009, 12:33 PM

if a product is well made, made by hand, made by well trained and talented artisans. and offered with a long time warranty or promise of quality that the brand/maker will stand behind the product than it can be made in mars for all i care.

one thing that will say about being made is china is that it is both wrong and borderline illegal what some brands do, which is label their products as made in italy or spain or france but really there were made in china. (i'm talking to you chanel and prada)

mandy7
Apr 27th, 2009, 01:19 PM
http://www.finishline.com/images/products/lg312492612.jpg
I spent € 56,- on these flipflops,
was that too little?!?!

(hey, if he can call a normal shirt a t-shirt.. i can call my sneakers, flip flops!!!)

Mynarco
Apr 27th, 2009, 01:57 PM
:o
I can buy a lot of things for 70 pounds :o

youizahoe
Apr 27th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I once spent 250 EUR on a polo of Ralph Lauren, the one with the big logo. And a bit after I stood against a non-dried-just-painted-wall :tape:. So I don't buy expensive things anymore.

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 27th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I once spent 250 EUR on a polo of Ralph Lauren, the one with the big logo. And a bit after I stood against a non-dried-just-painted-wall :tape:. So I don't buy expensive things anymore.

omg that's horrible :speakles:
sorry to hear that :hug:

Wigglytuff
Apr 27th, 2009, 05:51 PM

:lol: :tape: that sucks. how much is that in us dollars? my computer says Its like $44 is that right?

Petkorazzi
Apr 27th, 2009, 05:56 PM
:lol: :tape: that sucks. how much is that in us dollars? my computer says Its like $44 is that right?
more like a 0 after 44 :p

Something like 320 i'd say.

Mina Vagante
Apr 27th, 2009, 05:56 PM
what's the brand of your "t-shirt" again?

Ted Baker

Adal
Apr 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/digital_talent/2q2g7qx.gif

-Sonic-
Apr 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I spent £45 x 2 on those tight rugby tops that the England team wear on Ebay as you can't buy them in shops... bought one and it was wrong size so had to buy another.

Definitely not worth it - they're going back on ebay as idiots like me pay that much in massive last minute bid fights.

Poor Ross :( or - not poor Ross at all if he has that much money to waste? ;)

Mina Vagante
Apr 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM

As mean as it sounds, that makes me feel better :sad:

Mina Vagante
Apr 27th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I spent £45 x 2 on those tight rugby tops that the England team wear on Ebay as you can't buy them in shops... bought one and it was wrong size so had to buy another.

Definitely not worth it - they're going back on ebay as idiots like me pay that much in massive last minute bid fights.

Poor Ross :( or - not poor Ross at all if he has that much money to waste? ;)

Definately poor Ross :o

-Sonic-
Apr 27th, 2009, 06:02 PM
aww. But yeah 90 quid on 2 tops when 1 doesn't fit u, its just about on ur level :)

I buy too many clothes on ebay. New ones mind you.

Kart
Apr 27th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Haha, yeah, we all have issues
i got about 9 bags i think, but not the small useless kind that only fit a phone
but the kind that is way handy to take to work
got 12 pairs of shoes i think, maybe more, but i don't all wear them anymore
bought new nikes last week :hearts:

9 bags to take to work - what is that like one for each different outfit with shoes to match ?

You really never struck me as that type of girl mandy ! :p

Mina Vagante
Apr 27th, 2009, 06:11 PM
This is turning into ' The Shopping Thread ' :lol:

Mina Vagante
Apr 27th, 2009, 06:13 PM
aww. But yeah 90 quid on 2 tops when 1 doesn't fit u, its just about on ur level :)

I buy too many clothes on ebay. New ones mind you.

Goood ;)

I want a Blackbury ... I guess that's out the window now though :sad:

Wigglytuff
Apr 27th, 2009, 06:24 PM
This is turning into ' The Shopping Thread ' :lol:

does that mean i can post more pictures of my LV collection?

Wigglytuff
Apr 27th, 2009, 06:25 PM
more like a 0 after 44 :p

Something like 320 i'd say.

ok that makes A LOT more sense. :)

Mina Vagante
Apr 27th, 2009, 06:28 PM

:lol: Go for it :p

Ciarán
Apr 27th, 2009, 06:29 PM
:lol: Go for it :p

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/6239/orly.gif

Adal
Apr 27th, 2009, 06:30 PM
stop using oversized gifs.

mandy7
Apr 28th, 2009, 06:41 AM
9 bags to take to work - what is that like one for each different outfit with shoes to match ?

You really never struck me as that type of girl mandy ! :p
haha, i'm the type that runs to another room when i see a spider, that wants to cry when i break a nail and that just really loves sneakers, and bags, and converse allstars :p
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo
:lol:

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 28th, 2009, 08:01 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/digital_talent/2q2g7qx.gif

i love how they look like they're going to eat Audrina :haha:
can't give you a good rep at the mo :(