PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Nerdom! Your fave as a D&D character!

miffedmax
Apr 23rd, 2009, 07:51 PM
Okay, I was freelancing at an agency, and a bunch of the guys there were going to try Dungeons and Dragons as an alternative to WoW.

And although I haven't played D&D for years, I had a flash of inspiration...or whatever you want to call it.

Characters are rated from 3 (barely functional) to 18 (exceptional) in a variety of areas. Now, since most of us root for highly rated players (Sexy Lexy and Brie fans excepted, though you're welcome to play along) scores will skew high, but nobody should score all 18s. And not even Brie would score all 3s.

Here's my ranking for Lena D, with brief explanations and a choice of character class...

Strength (STR) 16 I know Lena's pretty ripped and hits hard, but there are a few players who hit harder and she loses points on the whimpy serve.

Intelligence (INT) 14 Speaks 3 languages, reads Tolstoy, aware of the world outside of tennis, but she's not actually Tolstoy (he'd get an 18)

Wisdom (WIS) 9 Wisdom is the application of intelligence. Lena's court sense is Plan A, and if that doesn't work, try Plan A, only harder. She does seem to learn from experience, so I give her the low end of average in this category.

Constitution: (CON) 18 Fitness and durability? Never a problem for Lena. Okay, as she hits her late 20s we might have to downgrade her to a 17, but I'm not going to be the one to do it.

Dexterity (DEX): 15 If it were just about gross motor movement (speed, hand eye coordination) Lena would be an 18. But she comes up a little short on finesse--net game is average, drop shots are a joke. The D&D system lumps fine and gross coordination together, so be fair--don't give your gal an 18 just because she's a sprinter, or because she has a great net game.

Charisma (CHR) 18 What kind of following does she have? Hey, Lena consistently ranks among the tops on the board and has a good fans to haters ratio according to the last survey we did. Be somewhat honest.

So, to review:

Lena D:

STR: 16
INT: 14
WIS: 9
CON 18
DEX 15
CHR: 18

Even though she's a little weak in wisdom, if I were playing Elena, I'd have her be a Paladin-class fighter, serving the cause of HOLY MOTHER RUSSIA. And, of course with Mommy Vera by her side, she'd have to be Lawful Good.

(I still have my FIRST EDITION rule set. Hell yeah, I'm an ubernerd).

Ryan
Apr 23rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
:lol: I have never played DandD, but this sounds kind of cool. Later. ;)

miffedmax
Apr 23rd, 2009, 07:56 PM
For comparison, I'd rate one of my up and coming faves, Caro like this

STR: 14
INT: 14
WIS: 15 (and rising)
CON: 18
DEX: 14
CHR: 15

Caro would make a solid cleric.