PDA

View Full Version : Harpers Island: Cbs Murder Mystery

Dawn Marie
Apr 23rd, 2009, 07:01 AM
Is anyone watching this program?? I saw episode 1 and need to watch episode 2. I think the killer is the Taxi Driver who dropped off Abby. he knew her and her mom. Just something about the man didn't feel right.

If you enjoy murder mysterys then this is the show for you.:)

Rtael
Apr 23rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
Hmm is it a whole series based on one murder or are there multiple murders, etc.?

LeonHart
Apr 23rd, 2009, 06:41 PM
Every episode 1 or more people die. I'm watching it :). First episode really intrigued me. Second episode the dying part got kind of old, but I'll still stay tuned.

drake3781
Apr 23rd, 2009, 08:30 PM
I watched Ep 1 then I forgot about it. Remind me when it is on, what network, and how do I see Ep 2? So far only 1-2 have been broadcast?

hellas719
Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:15 PM
Wait is this that CBS series with the "one by one. one by one" commercial?

Dawn Marie
Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
Yes. Each episode someone dies.

It's a Wedding and everyone is at Harpers Island. 7 years earlier 6 people died. Hung on trees. The killer was NEVER found. Now the killings have started up again.

It's a better show then what I really thought.
I say Taxi Driver, then Abby then the little girl. The killings started up when Abby returned after being gone for 7 years. Abby's mom was one of the first victims. The little girl who is around 7 years old says someone is talking to her. this was in episode 2.

u can watch them on tv.com or CBS.com.:)

LeonHart
Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:59 PM
Yes. Each episode someone dies.

It's a Wedding and everyone is at Harpers Island. 7 years earlier 6 people died. Hung on trees. The killer was NEVER found. Now the killings have started up again.

It's a better show then what I really thought.
I say Taxi Driver, then Abby then the little girl. The killings started up when Abby returned after being gone for 7 years. Abby's mom was one of the first victims. The little girl who is around 7 years old says someone is talking to her. this was in episode 2.

u can watch them on tv.com or CBS.com.:)

Wow, now that I think of it, I think I know who the killer is...and it makes alot of sense! I won't reveal my answer yet though :eek:

Wiggly
Apr 24th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Reminds of a lot of the Agatha Christie's book.

I have no idea who the killer is.
Anyways, I'm way too paranoid to watch this show.
I will never be able to go on an island after that. :lol:

hellas719
Apr 24th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Sounds interesting!:cool:
Im going to watch the first few episodes on my laptop, and then watch the rest on CBS when I catch up:cool:

Dawn Marie
Apr 24th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Wow, now that I think of it, I think I know who the killer is...and it makes alot of sense! I won't reveal my answer yet though :eek:

Well, I still am not 100% sure of anything. I overthink a lot of times and I can come up with a lot of different scenerios.

The next thing that came to my mind was the voice of the "one by one" and I just saw as I typed that the little girl was saying this. Something about the little girl. Abby still seems weird. Like she is keeping a secret. Lol.
Send me a Pm let me know who you think it is. Even the Sheriff is suspect, he's Abbey's father. Is even John Wakefield even the real killer of the first 6 dead? I'm now recanting the little girl as the killer. CBS is not yet ready for a bad little seed. A 7 yr old has no strength to hang people.
I gotta go back to the Taxi Driver. He had an eye patch and new Abby and her mom.

Dawn Marie
Apr 24th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Ok, another thought is The Bride to be. Or the Groom.
I'll go with the Bride to be cause she's a female. Having a female killer is a bit different for TV. Not to mention that without a Bride the Wedding wouldn't go on. U need a host to have a gameshow, or Wedding themed Murder Mystery.
Could this be a bit like Mousetrap? lmao.

Ellery
Apr 24th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Love it :hearts:

I don't think there is only one murderer though.

Dawn Marie
Apr 24th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I do. Cause when the cast was being interviewed they all said one killer. This was what was said on the website.

U know the more I think about it. I think it's Abby.
Abby, is probably the mother of the 7 year old kid. Maybe she lost her mind 7 years prior and killed even her mother and then started to kill again when she returned.

Ellery
Apr 24th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Oops, maybe I should watch the interviews then :rolls:

doni1212
Apr 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM
This a really good, intriguing show!! I agree with those who said it's Abby. The killer isn't going to be someone obvious like Chase or someone.
Oh, and I was so mad that sexy Hunter died, :fiery: He was so much better looking than the weak groom...

doni1212
Apr 27th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Or if it's not Abby, I'm thinking it could be Jimmy, Abby's ex.

Valda Lake
Apr 28th, 2009, 01:40 AM
I've watched the first 2 episodes...but nothing after...that girl who wanted to be Abby's friend was delightfully weird. Yes...This show is reminiscent of "Ten Little Indians" by my fav Agatha! Great read too! Seeing as I was on holiday in the Carribean for episode #2...(and quite "lit")...I appreciate this thread...Gooble Gobble! :-)

Dawn Marie
Apr 28th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Hey, Valda who do u think is the killer? I'm really feeling that Abby is the killer. I still can't figure out about the taxi driver? How did he know that Abby was who she was and her mom?? After not being seen for 7 years? Some Seattle taxi Driver just knew her just like that??

PointBlank
Apr 28th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Im so glad others watch this show. I think its wayyyy to early to call the killer. Ive had a lot of suspects, but the grooms brother and father of the bride seem way to obvious to be involved. Its a set up to distract.

It cant be anyone already on the island, in my opinion, because the first guy, Trishs cousin, was under the boat already and they were not even near the island. It would seem impossible for the killer to be an island native.

Valda Lake
Apr 29th, 2009, 02:47 AM
DM...I'll plump for a suspect after Thurs show...I intend to watch the remainder of the series...I cannot let a WhoDunnit pass by without paying attention...in fact on PBS tonight is Mystery Theatre, featuring Miss Marple...stumbled upon it last Tues night...a bit "stiff" but fun nevertheless...

Valda Lake
May 3rd, 2009, 03:13 AM
I just realized (too late) that Harper's Island was on at 9pm local time...I was watching GlobeTrekker...Is anyone reading this able to "catch me/us up"?

Valda Lake
May 5th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Fix! go to zap2it and once there click "ratings", a new window should open up, illustrating the already dead and the living...storylines and manner of death for each "guest"...if we start plumping for killers...I believe I have mine already...at least my guess...anyone wanna play.....HAHAHAHAHA wringing my fingers...if so state your killer....I'm fairly certain I have mine...but I do not wish to play alone...except after "One by One we give our choices and reasons...

Valda Lake
May 6th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Oh Dawnie Dawn...here's your last chance to take back your thread girl! pfft! :)

Dawn Marie
May 7th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Valda, I've been sick the past 24 or so hours. I'm feeling better now. I read your PM and will get back to you. I caught the stomach virus from some co-workers. I'm just getting my energy back.
I'll go to the zap2it site tomorrow after work. Take care. I'm curious to who u think it could be? Now my thoughts are going to the wife of the bridegroom. No reason just a hunch. Everyone thingks it's the Sheriff but it's to obvious.

madlove
May 7th, 2009, 04:53 PM
i'm gonna start watching. looks promising

Valda Lake
May 8th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Oh Dawn...I'm sorry for the semi-implied "pressure"...I'm glad you are feeling better and I think I already know who it is...if any of the fans reading this have gone to zap2it, since the former posts...you'll see that this is another "red herring" case, just as in Ten Little Indians...I will be posting who I am plumping for on Sat night (I think it has been switched to Sat night, to coincide with "48 Hours Mystery"). Ghoulish Greetings to All! :-)

madlove
May 28th, 2009, 05:21 PM
this is a fantastic show.. very promising so far. i'm hooked!

Dawn Marie
May 28th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Guys, I'm sorry but I lost interest. The lat episode that I saw was when the chandlier fell on the bride's dad.

Ballbasher
Oct 14th, 2009, 09:33 PM
So it was the groom,Henry. I know I'm late, but it was aired later in Germany. :p

LeonHart
Oct 14th, 2009, 09:35 PM
So it was the groom,Henry. I know I'm late, but it was aired later in Germany. :p

OMG was it really? I stopped watching after the 3rd episode :lol:

Ballbasher
Oct 14th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Yes. :p Only Shea, Madison, Abby & Jimmy survived. ;)

LeonHart
Oct 14th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Hmmm I wonder if I can still stream it on the CBS website. I stopped watching because it started giving me nightmares, I didn't know why, as I didn't find the show particularly scary :tape:

Ballbasher
Oct 14th, 2009, 09:43 PM
They should be. :shrug:

Rocketta
Oct 15th, 2009, 03:05 AM
The ending was a real let down but nothing else was on so I watched it. :)

ElusiveChanteuse
Oct 15th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Didn't know there's a thread about this. :eek: :)
I watched it about a month ago and didn't expect Henry to be the murderer although somehow I finally noticed he could be the one at the last few episodes.:o :p