PDA

View Full Version : how to have a good rest after tennis?

tennis-insomniac
Apr 21st, 2009, 05:42 PM
i think that it'd be really useful for all the members and viewers to share the way you rest your body and mind after training and having a long tired match
for me i always have a problem resting and end up playing crappy tomorrow especially if i lost yesterday my body and my mind would litterally reject any kind of rest and peace
so knowing some tips how to have a good rest please share
thank you in advance!

Mackep83
Apr 21st, 2009, 05:56 PM
When I have playd a long tough match, I cant just relax and watching TV, I have to do a lot of stretching and just keeping up moving...like walking, some jogging a few hours after the match. Otherwise I will have a lot of pain in my legs and arms... it works for me, I cant just relax...and I also drink a lot...juice and milk :P

Medina
Apr 21st, 2009, 05:58 PM
i just go and have a shower, and thats where you think. You just need to be in a calm environment if you want to be with me. What i do alot is meditate, so you just have peace of mind and just close your eyes.

ArturoAce.
May 6th, 2009, 05:05 AM
i just go and have a shower, and thats where you think. You just need to be in a calm environment if you want to be with me. What i do alot is meditate, so you just have peace of mind and just close your eyes.

Agree.:angel:

and then sit and stay on TF all day :D:lol:

Tennis10sLover
Jun 10th, 2009, 01:18 AM
after a tough match if i dont stretch for a good long 30 min, then im a mess. a foam roller is a big help. walking the dog, drinking a gallon of water, and eating a big meal are important.

inversion table helps. taking sleeping aids is sometimes needed. a few big hits from the vaporizor is always good

drake3781
Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:47 AM
Rehydrate and refuel, as needed.
If anything sore, ice it.
If it's late, after ice, take a warm shower then to bed.
Take an anti inflammatory if everything achey or gonna be achey.
If it's still early, rest then do all the normal day's activities.
Shower and change clothes to get a fresh start to the rest of the day.
Stretch or even swim/run/work out later, if the practice/match was not very strenuous.
That oughta do it.

darrinbaker00
Jun 24th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Rehydrate and refuel, as needed.
If anything sore, ice it.
If it's late, after ice, take a warm shower then to bed.
Take an anti inflammatory if everything achey or gonna be achey.
If it's still early, rest then do all the normal day's activities.
Shower and change clothes to get a fresh start to the rest of the day.
Stretch or even swim/run/work out later, if the practice/match was not very strenuous.
That oughta do it.
When you're on the other side of 40 like I am, the anti-inflammatories need to be taken BEFORE the match. Trust me. ;)