PDA

View Full Version : Man leaps to death from plane at 23,000ft

Lin Lin
Apr 20th, 2009, 10:55 AM
VANCOUVER (BRITISH COLUMBIA): An apparently distraught passenger forced open a door of small plane as it flew at 23,000 feet over Canada’s Far
North, and leapt to his death, police said.

The charter flight with four people on board was headed to Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, on Wednesday from Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories, when the crew issued a distress call about an unruly passenger, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said.

The 20-year-old man was able to force open an exit door and then jump from the aircraft, despite the crew’s efforts to stop him, according to police, who did not say what might have sparked the incident. The two pilots were able to land the Beechcraft King Air 200 aircraft safely at Cambridge Bay. The man’s death had deeply shocked the close-knit community on Canada’s Arctic coast.

:scared:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/World/Man-leaps-to-death-from-plane-at-23000ft/articleshow/4416086.cms

Lennval
Apr 20th, 2009, 11:20 AM
crazy man :eek:

bad_angel_109
Apr 20th, 2009, 11:29 AM
holy shite! :speakles:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Apr 20th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Way to die :bowdown: :o

Harvs
Apr 20th, 2009, 12:02 PM
it'd be a cool way to die...

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 20th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Hey, you forgot your parachute....:tape:

In The Zone
Apr 20th, 2009, 07:44 PM
It all sounds very convenient, don't you think? "An unruly passenger" then leaps to his death. Sounds like a very elaborate murder. Hence the "apparently" in the first sentence. I'd be curious to look for updates on this story. When someone is crushed into one million pieces of just gush and blood, hard to tell if he was pushed or leaped himself.

This sounds very similar to Desperate Housewives a few weeks ago when Edie's husband calls in illegal hunters and then tries to shoot at Mike and Kath.

Ciarán
Apr 20th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Wow :scared:

Noctis
Apr 20th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Murder。Could be but Why would he

comfortably.numb
Apr 20th, 2009, 10:40 PM
It all sounds very convenient, don't you think? "An unruly passenger" then leaps to his death. Sounds like a very elaborate murder. Hence the "apparently" in the first sentence. I'd be curious to look for updates on this story. When someone is crushed into one million pieces of just gush and blood, hard to tell if he was pushed or leaped himself.

This sounds very similar to Desperate Housewives a few weeks ago when Edie's husband calls in illegal hunters and then tries to shoot at Mike and Kath.Dead @ you comparing a real tragedy to that Desperate Housewives smut.

mirzalover
Apr 20th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I know this probably sounds bad but I wonder where he landed?

drake3781
Apr 20th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I always think of that time I flew in a really large jet, and sat right next to the exit door. I could read all the signs printed on the door, and there were very large, clear, signs stating in no uncertain terms that some "pins" must be in place before the aircraft flies. Well, I could see the pins were just hanging there, not in place. Now what do you do? Ignore it - the crew flies this plane all the time and they know what to do? Or call over a crew member to ask about the pins? Of course, everyone around you would see/hear you doing this. At some point it became too late to say anything, so I just took my mind off of it. But now I always wonder if a passenger can simply open an airplane door as it flies. I know if that happened, a lot of people would get sucked out.

Anybody actually work in piloting/crewing airplanes and know about these pins? I am still curious.

Mashabator
Apr 21st, 2009, 03:57 PM

yeah! it wouldve looks pretty strange seeing a man falling through the sky!

Barrie_Dude
Apr 21st, 2009, 04:36 PM
Hey, you forgot your parachute....:tape:You only get a parachute if you are flying first class...... ;)

Barrie_Dude
Apr 21st, 2009, 04:37 PM
On the ground! :cuckoo:

timafi
Apr 21st, 2009, 07:14 PM

:speakles::spit:

Direwolf
Apr 24th, 2009, 05:39 AM
maybe he was gay?
and the airline people were teasing him?

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 24th, 2009, 09:41 AM

This sounds very similar to Desperate Housewives a few weeks ago when Edie's husband calls in illegal hunters and then tries to shoot at Mike and Kath.

i agree about the murder angle. it does sound fishy. :scratch:

lol @ the Desperate Housewives comparison. should have used a CSI comparison, babe :hug::lol:

Scotso
Apr 24th, 2009, 10:43 AM
maybe he was gay?
and the airline people were teasing him?

That's not really funny.

This is:

http://www.splodge-plog.com/wp-content/splodge-uploads/2008/01/man-splat.jpg

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 24th, 2009, 11:14 AM
That's not really funny.

This is:

http://www.splodge-plog.com/wp-content/splodge-uploads/2008/01/man-splat.jpg

:bolt::bolt::bolt:
OMFG EWWWWWWWWWWW :crying2::crying2:

Lin Lin
Apr 24th, 2009, 02:25 PM