PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Final: [16]Sabine Lisicki def. [3]Caroline Wozniacki 6-2, 6-4

Pages : [1] 2

Ciarán
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:33 PM
WOW.
Hugely impressed by Sabine, she was fearless! Made it hard in last game blowing 4MPs. Just incredible week for her. She went out and cained everything and a huge serve! She was in the right mind set and her tactics were spot on. So well done to her :D
Caro was definitely not at her best though :hug:

Navratil
This is the first big German win since Steffi won the French-Open ten years ago!! :bounce:

Sabine was so tight in the end! It must have been on her mind that she wasted matchpoints in her only other tour-final in Taschkent last year against Cirstea.

But well done in the end!! Great future ahead! :)

Shoulderpova
:drool:

LeRoy.
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM
OMG That was lovely.

TheBoiledEgg
amazing Sabine :woohoo: :drool: :yeah: :D

Ellery
Wow Sabine :worship:
Amazing.

RenaSlam.
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Great play from her. Almost choked it in the end. Nice reaction.

Wozniacki was flat in the first set, but Lisicki outplayed her throughout. NIce win.

Wiggly
Wozniacki always get he ass whooped when a powerful player is brining her A game.

Congrats Sabine!

DownTheLine21
Great win. Aside from some understandably nervous play in the last game, Lisicki played an impressive match.

Marilyn Monheaux
OMFG!!! That was freaking amazing:worship::worship::worship:

Shoulderpova
Sabine has just saved the WTA by preventing Shitwozniacki from breaking into top 10 :drool::woohoo:
Allez Sabine :woohoo:

Blackbeat
yeah!! Super Sabine!!! congratz...great week!!

Marionated
I'm so happy, Sabine :woohoo: Completley outplayed her :hearts:
This girl is going to have a great career.

Lucemferre
That's how you destroy a pusher :drool:

disco_rage
Well done Sabine. Brilliant stuff. Very impressed. Hard final game, but so impressed with her. A bit raw but a major furture star!

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Well done Sabine! Totally on fire the whole week.:yeah: Well-deserved victory :bounce:
Caro :hug: still a good week.:)

CloudAtlas
That was brilliantly played by Sabine...all credit to her.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon though..from just this year we all know the story of Suarez Navarro and Dokic.This board always seems to champion the "next big thing" who never actually lives up to it. If she does I'll be happy to eat humble pie but we'll see.

Adal
Caroline :( :hug:

Very impressed by Sabine. Played very well. And a really cute reaction after winning too :awww:

Ferg
Love her. Such a genuine reaction. Dream week for her, she deserves it. I love seeing offense winning over defense. Caro's moonballs. :o

matthias
amazing
beyond words

bavaria86
Sabine:worship::worship:
:hearts::woohoo:
first title of a german player since Acapulco 2006(Grönefeld):spit:

DaMatz
Sabine :yeah: :woohoo:, nice performance

the end was :eek:, but wonderful tournament

she will be nb. 43 next week :cool:

CrossCourt~Rally
What an amazing last couple games :worship:. This is only the 2nd time i have seen Sabine play and i really like her style of game :bounce:. Sabine = GOAT of the day :lol::worship:

Caro :hug:. She played very well the last couple weeks and it was nice to see her give Sabine a nice big smile at the net :D

Dodoboy.
Outstanding from Sabine! Really impressive stuff :D

Caro :hug: Couldn't ge in, Sabine's serve was way too threatening and di WAYYY to much damage !

Good play on clay though :yeah:

Keep it up on the red stuff!"

AnomyBC
Today SUCKS. Two of my favs in finals and they both lose :sad:

Patrick345
Lisicki just showed why the Williams sisters can dominate the women´s tour on as a part-time job. She totally exposed Wozniacki´s weak defensive style. It was like Monica Seles stepping onto the Tour in the early 90´s.

benji48
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Sabine :worship:

Amazing week!!

améliemomo
lisicki has nothing to compare with the GREAT Steffi Graff ,she is just another horible and annoying ballbasher:tape:

no way that type of game could prevail on red dirt of paris.

Embarassing loss for caroline.Honestly.

kman
Caroline seemed visibly tired which is understandable considering how many matches she's played in a row including her marathon yesterday but Sabine's game was on fire and she definitely deserved the win. Even if Caroline had played her best, I'm not sure she could have pulled it off. Sabine reminds me of young Steffi Graf. She played with such authority. Congrats Sabine, I'm a fan now :worship:

Come again, Caroline. Great tournament from you too. And you're class-act, still all smiles at the net even though you lost an important final :)

spiritedenergy
:hearts::worship:

Natash.
What a brilliant reaction. :awww: Played so well.

Caro :hug: Good try and great job to make the final after last week.

Mikey.
Wow Sabine played some really amazing tennis in this match. :speakles: I wouldn't be surprised to see her in the top 15/top 20 very soon if she keeps playing like that.

Poor Caroline :awww: :hug:

dybbuk
Congratulations, Sabine. Such great play this week. Another match where she thoroughly outplayed her opponent. She about choked near the end, Caroline was really pushing near the end, and it almost worked.

Another nice reaction too. :awww: She seems like a sweetheart.

ElusiveChanteuse
That was brilliantly played by Sabine...all credit to her.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon though..from just this year we all know the story of Suarez Navarro and Dokic.
Did she not win last week and reached semis this week?:shrug:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Well done Sabine :woohoo:

Really great shotmaking, and superb serving :worship:

matthias
well done sabine
winning charleston without dropping a set, and this against venus, and two other top20 players
this is just incredible

Nacho
congrats sabine! :yeah:

Valanga
Bandwagon welcome aboard :woohoo:

Impressive Sabine.
The last game was a little bit shaky though :o

NewShoulderPlz.

Noctis
World 45 A GREAT WIN GREAT PLAY NEEDED 6MP :) CONGRATS HAVE A GREAT YEAR

FORZA SARITA
amazing Sabine :worship: outplayed Pushniaki for most part of the match :)

jimbo mack
wow what an amazing week for lisicki, i'm interested to see how she follows up this huge tournament win

caroline :sad: but still a great week for her too. i have become a slight fan of this young dane recently :)

morningglory
The ending :help: :lol:
Closing it out with 2 aces in a row after DF'ing twice on 2 championship points! But that's to be expected for a first-timer :lol:
WD and Im sure she's earned a lot of recognition as a rising star now!

Michael!
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Impressive performance from Sabine!
Nervous in the end, but so srong when she had BP´s against her...
9 aces, only 5 df´s, and she made 86% of the points on first serve, that´s really good, especially on clay :)

Congrats :yeah:

égalité
Amazing :worship:

Kovalchuk
well play Sabine ;) after missed all those MPs, finally got it done. reminds me of Mary Pierce :lol:
she's very happy. :D

aezzei
Congrats Sabine

you play really well today^^

Such a great match.

Sexysova
Sabine is the next player who proved when a ballbashers' A game is working, Wozniacki gets outplayed :lol:

well done Sabine :D I really like your game a lot :D

Caro :hug:

olivero
First time I've seen Sabine play and I'm VERY impressed. Great match from her.
Congrats, well earned! :worship:

It's pretty sad when you think both of these girls could've play for Poland...
:(

njnetswill
9 aces :worship:

I'm hoping both girls will have long, successful careers. :yeah:

Mikey B
aw! sabine's great!!! love that reaction.... hope she can continue to do well. great game and character, with a bit of drama, perfect for the wta!!!

Noctis
33 Winners to nine.

saul1333
:worship: sabine just blitzed her. The first set felt like a 6-0.

caro's tactics could not work, sabine did not have any noticeable weaknesses, she could not moon herself out of trouble b/c sabine just unloaded on all of her shots.

AlwaysGraf
omg im a fan now
i totally welled up when she one her reaction was so lovely she seems like a really nice girl

go sabine

also wozniacki is lovely too-she seemed really pleased for lisicki winiing her first title

Costanza
:woohoo:

Michael!
Sabine:worship::worship:
:hearts::woohoo:
first title of a german player since Acapulco 2006(Grönefeld):spit:

Arn played for Germany as she won Estoril :p

Optima
:banana:

Congratulations Sabine!

iGOAT
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Great win Sabine :banana:

Looked like she would choke twice in that second set, but help up very nicely. Her reaction was so sweet :awww:

Looks like Caro will have to wait a little while to make the top ten. Or could Demska be right? :scared:

goldenlox
Is Lisicki famous in Germany? She'a good looking girl with some power, nice serve

hablo
Sabine was just too good, until she had to serve for the championship. :lol:

Anyhow, congrats to her. She played much better than when she played Momo a while back.

anon57
Very strong play from Lisicki:yeah: She was very nervous when trying to serve out the match, a couple of sloppy/nervy points on her first couple of MP's but strong play to save BP and finally win the match. Wozniacki:hug:not much she was able to do against Lisicki great play today

M-K
Sabine has just saved the WTA by preventing Shitwozniacki from breaking into top 10 :drool::woohoo:
Allez Sabine :woohoo:

LOL!!! Agree!

Sabine's reaction was adorable. Im so happy for her.
And great to see her show Wozniacki how to play tennis.

Inger67
Amazing tennis from Sabine. I wanted Caro to win so badly! & Great reaction too :)

But the thread title & others' reactions to Wozniacki being a "shitty" player is uncalled for. No one fell over and defaulted the match to her. She had to work for it & I admire that in her. The top 10 will come soon enough, now that it is less than 100 points away. So all you Caro haters will have to accept it sooner or later :)

kaktusino
The real future of women's tennis. Brilliant serve, so much power. Very agressive and interesting game. Congratulations Sabine.

disco_rage
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Nice to see a player win their first title, loved her reaction..........
Shows how close the ranking are that she wins a big title and only moves to No.43.

serenus_2k8
Congrats Sabine, glad you breezed past the other opponents to show Vee pushing you was better than it first seemed ;)

aezzei
9 aces for Sabine!:eek:

Noctis
Caros Dad Said at one point
did you know its told that if wozniacki is defeated today she will be put back into diapers by her dad!!
Some danish poster told me.

Adal
Lisicki bandwagon, anyone?

The Daviator
Sabine :yeah:

zveeen

Congrats to your first title Sabine! :)

tennnisfannn
I thought she was something really special at the Hopman Cup this year, I saw her in person. Glad to see her win big.
The wta is getting exciting, the young guns a picking it up a notch. Vika, Caro and Now sabine. well done.

DragonFlame
Very good performance. I´m overjoyed for her, WHAT A WEEK! She really did great. A new star in the make? :)

If only elena learned to do the same with these pusher walls.:o Wozniacki obviously played better in the semifinal though.

volta
Caro :o

some AWESOME winners from Sabine :drool: gratz

oleada
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Sabine! :worship: I'm truly impressed by her this week! Hope she can keep it up :)
Up until halfway in the second set, Sabine had won 100% of her first serve points and there was nothing Wozniacki could do to threaten her.

Vanity Bonfire
Well done girl!

moby
Clips of this match?

Carsten
just WOW Sabine :woohoo: Winning Charleston without droping a set, she really showed what she is capable of :D

goldenlox
It's good to see a young player with a big serve. Entertaining final game. Lots of nerves

cometz9
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Congrats to Sabine :bigclap: :eek: her first title at a Premier event. Which begs the question: when was the last time a player won their first ever title at a Tier 1 or higher level?

Caro :sad: :hug: Fantastic 2 weeks for her, rest up for Europe!!!

Ballbasher
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Arn played for Germany as she won Estoril :p
I wanted to screm it towards that dumb commentator :lol:

Awesome win for Sabine! :worship: She really played very well there! :yeah: But I think she will be struggling to confirm over the next weeks ;)

Sean.
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM
:bounce: A star is born, great play for the whole of this week :worship: Definately one to watch!
:hug: Caro, good tourney also :)

Nina.
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Amazing tournament for Sabine :yeah:
She played so well in the final and kept her nerves in the end! Keep it up!

Roookie
What a performance from Sabine...Huge Serve, killer returns, hitting winner after winner...Wow!...She felt the preassure at the end but she was going for her shots and pulled it off like a Champ. I thought Caro played the best she could, she wasn't pushing otherwise she wouldn't have won more than a game on her serve..she was a aggressive as well. But Sabine was just too good and too confident.

améliemomo
:worship: sabine just blitzed her. The first set felt like a 6-0.

caro's tactics could not work, sabine did not have any noticeable weaknesses, she could not moon herself out of trouble b/c sabine just unloaded on all of her shots.

no weaknesses??:spit: her backhand is just awful technikly and her shot selection is quite "limited" since she only know one thing: bash hard the ball from all place of the court.
I see no game plan at all.
Wozniacki must have felt tired or something cause no way that type of player can prevail against very good defense and variety.

brainless Ballbasher= Anti-tennis

Craigy
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Sabine! :hearts: She's definitely won me over! Congratulations on your first title. :D

alwayshingis
Sabine :bounce: :D Wonderful

Caroline - gracious and classy as always :D

Harju.
Congrats Sabine :yeah:
Am a new fan.

Marilyn Monheaux
I'm incredibly happy for her:bounce: She seems like a really nice girl and was definityle the better player today:yeah:

iGOAT
:rolleyes: She's been called "Sabina" like six times already in the trophy ceremony, including by Caroline :o

Apoleb
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Awwww, that reaction was so cute. Even beats Azarenka's.

I'm still not jumping on the bandwagon though. Lots of power, but I'm not sure of her point building skills. She goes for too much on the return, and some of those drop shots. :spit: She needs to steady the ship a bit more.

Temporary0369
Did she not win last week and reached semis this week?:shrug:

To answer your question, no, she did not win last week ;).

kaktusino
The real future of women's tennis. Brilliant serve, so much power. Very agressive and interesting game. Congratulations Sabine.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Just wow:worship: First time I saw Sabine and I'm really impressed, she's sooo talented :worship: Obviously there are some flaws in her game that she needs to work on but she's got plenty of potential :D And :rolls: @ that brainfart in the last game. Beautiful reaction after finally winning it :bowdown: I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her more :yeah:

Valanga
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Sabina :lol:"

Harju.
no weaknesses??:spit: her backhand is just awful technikly and her shot selection is quite "limited" since she only know one thing: bash hard the ball from all place of the court.
Wozniacki must have felt tired or something cause no way that type of player can prevail against very good defense and variety.

unless the ballbasher is a French of course :hearts:.

RenaSlam.
Nice to see two classy post-match speeches during the trophy presentation as well.

Orbis
Brilliant play from Lisicki, her serve is very impressive as well. Sometimes she just hit shots that left
Wozniacki looking helpless and frustrated.

Good tournament for Caroline, and Sabine has a bright future ahead of her if she continues this sort of play.

iGOAT
Oh my god, her reaction and speech were so nice :D

Valanga
Wozniacki would donate all the winning to an organization :eek:

M.P
Caro definitely going to be top 10 not so soon
it gonna be before or after FO

Congra Lisciki for winning her first title
i predict top 15 at the end of the year

terjw
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Really impresive win by Sabine. :worship:Have to watch for her now and see if she can keep this up over a period of time and play like she's done this tournament. I doubt any top player would want to draw her after this showing.

:hug:for Caro.

pav
She has been impressive during this tournament, I must admit although I was familiar with her name, I hadn't taken much notice of her(Bepa tunnel vision) but if she carries on like this you can't help but take note of her!

Ferg

:haha:

Rik.
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:49 PM
:speakles:

Sammm
Sabine :yeah: such a nice girl;

Bad luck to Caro. Great run on the green clay, though.

Valanga
nice speech from both teens :)

DaMatz

Sabine has a good selection. What you´re saying is totally nonsense. She hits the ball hard but she has a plan in her game. Most of the people here see what she has done in this tournament.

Nina.
And btw, great job by German ES for not showing the trophy ceremony. It happens all the time that German girl win tournaments :rolleyes:

disco_rage
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:50 PM
i think its pronouced Sabina? but spellt Sabine, cos the commentators on Eurosport have called her Sabina all week

blumaroo
Finally a big serving youngster that can actually play :hearts:
Brutal display similar to Sprem in her heydays. And she moves well too.
I kinda like Caroline too though. Completely for superficial reasons but still. Nice smile from her at the end.

ChampLindsay
yeahhhh:worship::worship:

what an amazing week by Sabine - really deserved this win:hearts:
Congrats :aparty:

Vincey!
That is Huge for Sabine :eek: :D Good for her!!! :D

Caro :hug: 2 finals in a row :hug:

Uranus
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Wow, wow, wow :D.
:inlove:.

Lucemferre
Sabine would destroy ameliemomo with the same score today,or worse.

Kampi
BIG, BIG CONGRATS Sabine. :worship::bounce::worship: What a great moment for the german tennis....we had to wait ten years for this.:woohoo::bigcry::worship:

And yes to ES.....unbelievable....I mean what kind of channel you are....."Snookersport" or what.:rolleyes::fiery:

améliemomo

dont get your point but whatever ,a ballbasher is a ballbasher and that is not the type of game I like. French or not.
You get it?:wavey:

AnomyBC
:rolleyes: She's been called "Sabina" like six times already in the trophy ceremony, including by Caroline :o

Apparently that's how it's pronounced. (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/players/playerprofiles/playerbio.asp?PlayerID=312520)

oleada

I get not liking ballbashers, but when has Wozniacki shown that she's got variety?

Mr. Forehand
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Great win from Sabine and great day for Germany's tennis :worship: :worship:.

I hope Sabine keeps on winning like this. I love her screaming - reminds me of Monica Seles :bounce:

Michael!
i think its pronouced Sabina? but spellt Sabine, cos the commentators on Eurosport have called her Sabina all week

No, no Sabina :p
SABINE like the E of Danke or Anke :lol:

shrOOf

Oh just shut up and get over it! Lisicki was BETTER today.
Wozniacki is the limited one, I guess.

Well done Sabine, just amazing.

Eduardo Oliveira
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Congratulations Sabine..
Great week :yeah:

Sammm
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM

There's not that much difference between Sabine (where the e is pronounced) and Sabina :shrug:

Joe.
im so pissed off cos i just realised this match was on tv and i missed it:( but well done sabine im so pleased you got ur first title and its a big one!:bounce:

Natash.
dont get your point but whatever ,a ballbasher is a ballbasher and that is not the type of game I like. French or not.

Why is Rezai in your sig? :lol:

Inger67
Caro definitely going to be top 10 not so soon
it gonna be before or after FO

Congra Lisciki for winning her first title
i predict top 15 at the end of the year

After one match that you've seen her play, you're predicting top 15 at the end of the year? There is a reason why she was ranked #63 before this. If she played this amazing year round, every match, she would be in top 10 or even 5 by now. Don't be so quick to jump on.

She will definitely improve over the course of the year though, don't get me wrong. Just not as much as you stated.

kman

Are you sure you're not just hearing it as Sabina? In Denmark, and in Germany too I think, we pronounce the last 'e'. I believe in English you'd just say "SABIN" (two syllables). In Danish it's "SABIN-E" (three syllables) and incidentally it sounds almost exactly like how an American would pronounce "Sabina". Like I said, I think it's the same in German, but I could be wrong...

saul1333

she does have variety, she can hit drop shots and slices. she did not have to do that today because the game plan for a pusher is to hit through her. granted she was tired, but the way sabine was hitting the ball maybe caro might have gotten a few more games.

Mashafaaaaan
PUSHERWOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN:o:o:o

shrOOf
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:55 PM

You have Rezai in your sig?

Elwin.
Sabine played amazing :bowdown:
It was lovely to watch her play!

Caro :hug:

AnomyBC
No, no Sabina :p
SABINE like the E of Danke or Anke :lol:

Isn't that the same thing? :confused:

Sund7101
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Wow, I really like her. I remember her beating Lindsay in Fed Cup last year thinking this is a future Top 10 player.

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Sabine, tu es magnifique!

Vive le tennis!!! Pushniacki, :wavey:

Ferg
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I get not liking ballbashers, but when has Wozniacki shown that she's got variety?

She can moonball. Dont forget that.

CloudAtlas
Bummed about Caro losing but at least I won £30 by betting on Lisicki...the bookies clearly hadn't been watching the rest of the tourny to make Sabina the outsider for thid match.

Officinale
And btw, great job by German ES for not showing the trophy ceremony. It happens all the time that German girl win tournaments :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more :(

Her cheering in the end gave me goosebumbs :lol: Lovely celebration by her :D

FoxyliciousKhat
Hugely disappointed that Caro did not win but...

Sabine was extremely impressive, did not crack under pressure and served huge to get out those two games where she gave Caro her only glimpses.

Both were delightful in the Trophy Presentation. I had my doubts about Sabine but she won me over.

Still I'll try not to get to excited like I did with Agnes and Chaks. I'll have to wait and see where it goes from here.

Congrats to Sabine http://yelims5.free.fr/Sport/Champion.gif

Congrats also to Caro, great Tournament

Foxy

kman
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I'm glad to see that the vast majority of Wozniacki fans are giving Sabine her due credit. I'd hate to see us follow in the footsteps of a great many bitter Dementieva fans.

:lol:

btw. how do I make a signature with my favorite players? Do I need to reach a certain post count first or how does that work?

JadeFox
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I wanted Caroline to win today but sometimes you just gotta say, "Too good."

Congrats Sabine!:yeah:

Caro, get some rest! :hug:

améliemomo
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:59 PM

she s able to construct a point and come to the net sometimes. Lisicki is just about hitting hard with her forehand. She was embarrassing in one point,that much cause wozniacki won a point that she would never has , lisicki staying hitting with her forehand to the backhand of wozniacki like 3 consecutive times whereas going for long line ,she got finally wrong footed by wozniacki who was laughing.
And those attempts of drop shots, dont see why she did that.
She can be happy about her tournament but dont see her as a future GOAT like many say here cause she has to REALLY improve in many parts of her game.
Tennis is not just about a big serve and a big forehand. Ask vaidisova:o

saul1333
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:59 PM
btw. I'm glad to see that the vast majority of Wozniacki fans are giving Sabine her due credit. I'd hate to see us follow in the footsteps of a great many bitter Dementieva fans.

sabine took it.

lena gave it away.

Joe.
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:00 PM

then why is aravane in your sig.?? she is probably the biggest ballbasher out there :lol:

CloudAtlas
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:00 PM
btw. I'm glad to see that the vast majority of Wozniacki fans are giving Sabine her due credit. I'd hate to see us follow in the footsteps of a great many bitter Dementieva fans.

:lol:

:worship:

Plus it would have been interesting to see Dementieva play against Sabina today. If she couldn't manage Caro then this would have just been :tape:

SVK
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Ballbasher or moonballer...this isn´t important, I´m sure Sabine have a potential to TOP 10...and Caroline will have great results in future too:yeah:

Congrats to Sabine..i didn´t see her reaction:awww:

terjw
Really impressive win by Sabine. :bowdown:Have to watch for her now and see if she can keep this up over a period of time and play like she’s done this tournament. I doubt any top player would want to draw her after this showing.

:hug: for Caro.

AnomyBC

Actually, I personally am very bitter about this... I just showed it pre-emptively with my thread about Lisicki being a vampire :)

Daniela-Is-Mine
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Phenominal Display!

DaMatz
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:02 PM
she s able to construct a point and come to the net sometimes. Lisicki is just about hitting hard with her forehand. She was embarrassing in one point,that much cause wozniacki won a point that she would never has , lisicki staying hitting with her forehand to the backhand of wozniacki like 3 consecutive times whereas going for long line ,she got finally wrong footed by wozniacki who was laughing.
She can be happy about her tournament but dont see her as a future GOAT like many say here cause she has to REALLY improve in many parts of her game.

Rezai is the player who plays much more planeless and ballbashes. Stop to make Lisicki worse, she is a great player...

kman
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:04 PM
sabine took it.

lena gave it away.

That's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that Caro gave it away at 6-4 5-3 40-0 and allowed Dementieva a second chance but then won the match anyway.

CloudAtlas
Actually, I personally am very bitter about this... I just showed it pre-emptively with my thread about Lisicki being a vampire :)

So am I , but unlike some people I don't take my bitterness out on the player that beat my favourite and come up with childish, unfunny and sometimes just nonsensical nicknames. :lol:

Sexysova
not available in HQ yet :D

7dStsT-4jq8

hankqq
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Great match from Lisicki :worship: Nice to see another teen step up and I'm thrilled to see someone actually back up an upset of Venus :bowdown: If Lisicki can keep up this level of play (remember she lost to Wozniak last week :o ) then she should be top 15 by the end of the year. It's nice to see a young player who can hit big serves, big groundies off both sides, and uses great angles. She's a decent mover too :)

Obviously Wozniacki was not as fresh today, given how long her match was against Dementieva yesterday. Still, a great green clay season for her. :yeah:

I'm eager to see how both of these girls do during the red clay swing :) :cool:

~{X}~
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Oh well Caro, you weren't at your best today, rest up and pull out of Stuttgart! :o

Still pretty good, 3rd final of the year, getting to back to back finals! Rest up and continue a great clay court season! :D

Viktymise

Lisicki actually has more variety than La Borz. She plays angles/dropshots much more frequently and better. Don't have a clue what match you were watching. If Lisicki's plan was just to bash, then La Borz' was just to moonball and hope for UE's. She quite clealy has no plan B. Lisicki seemingly effortlessly pushed La Borz from side to side. Several super wrong footers to boot.

And we're talking technique now? La Borz has probably the least flairsome, horrid technique of all the up-and-coming youngsters by far.

This match reminded me somewhat of the Dokic - Borz match from AO this year. A ballbasher who can hit outright winners from the baseline off both sides with a big serve hammers a clueless Borz who has no choice but to moonball desperately in the hope that Dokic will suddenly start hitting a million UE's. Never happened, and what proceeded was a mamoth beatdown.

Today, Lisicki dealt treated the junk and puff balls with severe disdain. The crushing FH ROS winners were breathtaking, as was her ability to hit such big winners from about a meter behind the baseline off either wing. What's refreshing about Lisicki compared to other X-treme ballbashers over the years is the fact that she possesses excellent hands. She's able to hit some excellent short CC angled BH's even under pressure, and her touch shots don't look rediculously awkward. Her court sense is surprising for her game style. Her defense can be decepively good too.

SVK
Thanks for video:hearts:

hablo
Sabine, tu es magnifique!

Vive le tennis!!! Pushniacki, :wavey:
Why write your post in french? :haha:

Tu te contredis. Il serait peut-ętre grand temps de supprimer Rezai de ta signature? Tu n'appréciais pas Pierce aussi jadis? :p

tobe
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Impressive week! Nicely done Sabine:worship:
Way to gooooo:kiss:

kman
Testing to see if my sig works...

EDIT: yay!

Aravanecaravan
That's just super! Good for Sabine! Very impressive. Nice to see her reaction afterward.

LindsayRulz
Sabine :hearts::worship:

miffedmax
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:08 PM
All credit to Sabine, but I do think Caro looked like she was running in syrup today.

She was obviously gassed from her match with Lena yesterday and not getting to balls.

And Lisicki, unlike my beloved but frustrating Lena, kept the ball in the f-ing court. There's something to be said for that.

Sexysova
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:10 PM

stop bashing Nicole, you idiot :weirdo: still Nicole is sweaping the court with your poor Amelie, I know Nicole is crap, she never played a good tennis, replay French Open 2006 R4 Nicole vs. Amelie, you can see what Nicole can do on the court in two last sets :wavey: also you could watch Moscow match between Nicole and Amelie when Nicole was lossing 1-6 2-5 to win the match :wavey: and do not try to tell me, Amelie choked or I will post the whole match on youtube :p

Craig.
Amaze :inlove:

Shoulderpova

Plus it would have been interesting to see Dementieva play against Sabina today. If she couldn't manage Caro then this would have just been :tape:

lol at your logics of a 3 year old :lol:

Alvarillo
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:11 PM
great match Sabine :worship:

the final games were so exciting :lol:

good to see Germans coming, Germany is a classic of tennis ;)

M.P
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:14 PM
anyone got trophy presentation???
can you post on youtube??

Viktymise
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:15 PM

Completely irrelevant. La Borz and Lisicki play nothing alike. Two totally different match-ups.

Certainly Lena D. wouldn't have given Lisicki so many puffballs and moonballs to smack away for blinders. She actually has a kill shot.

hablo
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:16 PM
stop bashing Nicole, you idiot :weirdo: still Nicole is sweaping the court with your poor Amelie, I know Nicole is crap, she never played a good tennis, replay French Open 2006 R4 Nicole vs. Amelie, you can see what Nicole can do on the court in two last sets :wavey: also you could watch Moscow match between Nicole and Amelie when Nicole was lossing 1-6 2-5 to win the match :wavey: and do not try to tell me, Amelie choked or I will post the whole match on youtube :p

Why do you have to bash Momo to make your point? :confused:

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Why write your post in french? :haha:

I'm trying to learn French :p

Besides, I like the word "magnifique" :)

Sexysova
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Why do you have to bash Momo to make your point? :confused:

it was an example.. sry.. and also I wanted to say sth about her fave..

kman
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Completely irrelevant. La Borz and Lisicki play nothing alike. Two totally different match-ups.

Certainly Lena D. wouldn't have given Lisicki so many puffballs and moonballs to smack away for blinders. She actually has a kill shot.

Lena looked more tired at the end of yesterday's match and she hadn't even played nearly as many matches in a row as Wozniacki had. I agree Wozniacki played kind of shitty today, but I think Lena might have too if she had played that much. For christ's sake, Lena LOST to Wozniacki so why are we even discussing this... coulda woulda shoulda. Big YAWN.

hablo
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I'm trying to learn French :p

Besides, I like the word "magnifique" :)

I like that word too.

Hey I don't mind other posters writing in French; be careful though, when francophones do it on GM, it annoys other posters who can't understand the language. :lol:

darkangel23
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:20 PM

Caroline :tape:
Why did you choke so much yesterday? Otherwise you've had enough energy...

Dodoboy.
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Lena v Lisicki would have been a better final IMO!

scoobsuk
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Well done to Sabine - she played some awesomely aggressive tennis and held her nerve together - just - at the end.

5 minutes after watching her I knew who she wanted to play like when she grew up - in spite of no doubt watching Graf growing up, she seems to have been more of a fan of Seles.

She may have the single handed forehand but the same hard, flat strokes are there off both wings, the grunt is absolutely identical, and she has the same quick, busy manner between points. It was quite spooky actually. She does seem to have some mental strength too, which is a good sign.

Good luck to her in the future.

CloudAtlas
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:22 PM
lol at your logics of a 3 year old :lol:

Laugh out loud indeed. Although I'm happy with myself that I never revel in someone's failure...you know it takes a certain type of person to do that..details of which I'm sure aren't neccessary here.

I meant mentally , since Elena's game is superior to Caro's at this point. Elena beat Caro twice before so it's not like she's totally incapable of not making too many UE's. And in tennis , modal verbs are useless...matches end and the next ones start , you gotta roll with the punches.

Slutiana
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Am a new fan.
Your sig. :tears:

Ballbasher
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Why does the majority here have to attack Wozniacki? :shrug:
This girl is 18 and will most likely be Top10 in no time so she must be doing something right (beside moonballing) no?

joăo.
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Congrats, Sabine! :woohoo:

Caro :sad: :hug:

joăo.
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM
This girl is 18 and will most likely be Top10 in no time so she must be doing something right (beside moonballing) no?

Dave.
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Wow, just wow! Great win Sabine. :eek: Always knew she had potential but never thought anything like this would happen. She will be a very interesting prospect as the clay season continues. Another name to throw in there now, this season has been exciting and surprising to say the least!

A Magicman
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Greta Arn owns both players. Nothing more to say. :lol:

Congrats on that title Sabine, I am the last person who would have ever expected you to accomplish anything like that in your entire career and always considered you only a big mouth. You proved me wrong.

And thanks a lot for beating this really unpleasant reincarnation of Mary Joe Fernandez.

tea
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:29 PM
:yeah:

And I don't think that losing in the final of a relatively big event to the player in extreme form is something be ashamed to.:)

joe87
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Congrats Sabine! Impressive play! :eek: :worship:

hankqq
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:30 PM
btw, anyone else feel like having a mint julep after watching all the tournament peeps speak during the trophy presentation? ;) :p

FoxyliciousKhat
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:37 PM

Because the vast majority of posters hate players for beating their faves. It's amazing the faves of the ones calling Caro pusher etc.

Pushers have been #1 before so I don't see the issue with Caro being #10 at least she's won titles this year unlike some in the said top 10

Foxy

Dodoboy.
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Caro needs

To spend some time with BALLBASHER KING Nick Bolleterri before the US Hardcourt season :lol: Just to get a bit more on that second serve returns. It wouldn't do her much harm, i don't think.

V-MAC
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:47 PM
congrats Sabine:)
she has such a high-risk game that depends so much on confidence that I am not sure she will be consistent enough to be a top player but I do wish her well and would like to see more of her victories at this level for sure.
btw, at least Vee gave her the biggest battle of the week and this victory certainly takes the sting out of that loss;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:49 PM
btw, anyone else feel like having a mint julep after watching all the tournament peeps speak during the trophy presentation? ;) :p

:bounce: MINT JULEP! :drool:

yukon145
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Sabine was playing too well. Very strong serving.

too bad Caro couldn't take it, she seemed flat for the first set and a half. she needs to take some weeks off to rest up.

madmax
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:53 PM
ballbashing at it's finest...congrats Sabine, you are WTA saviour indeed

beecharmer
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Well done to Sabine - she played some awesomely aggressive tennis and held her nerve together - just - at the end.

5 minutes after watching her I knew who she wanted to play like when she grew up - in spite of no doubt watching Graf growing up, she seems to have been more of a fan of Seles.

She may have the single handed forehand but the same hard, flat strokes are there off both wings, the grunt is absolutely identical, and she has the same quick, busy manner between points. It was quite spooky actually. She does seem to have some mental strength too, which is a good sign.

Good luck to her in the future.
Good points apart from the bold - it was always Graf who was speedy between points, Seles wasn't ever fit enough [and yeah that's before 93 too]

CloudAtlas
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Sabine was playing too well. Very strong serving.

too bad Caro couldn't take it, she seemed flat for the first set and a half. she needs to take some weeks off to rest up.

I agree. Caro played well against Serena and even had MP's so today's loss was more than just Caro not being able to deal with Lisicki's game IMO.

But still all credit to Lisicki..but controversially I still feel that Caro at 100% would have beaten her today. This tournament was Lisicki's though , she played like a top tenner in all her matches.

markhingis
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I bet my real money on her win and she made it!!! Congrats! I like both players - Caroline, cause she admires Hingis, but Sabine is a nice and pretty girl, whose future looks really bright. Keep it going girl!

Europe rocks
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Impressive week from Sabine, good performances all the way through. Hopefully this will be the big breakthrough she needs and she'll start heading back up the rankings :)

G&R
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:05 PM
sabine :yeah: amazing!!

Petkorazzi
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Well done Sabine. :yeah:

Fantastic week :sport:

Temperenka
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:08 PM
This girl has been catching my attention since early last year, but she seemed to be really struggling winning bigger matches and advancing deep into tournaments. This week has been great for her and I'm really impressed by her nerves. My German heritage is really growing a soft spot for her. I hope to see her make a major move at FO.
Great week from both her and Caroline.
:bounce:

Emina.
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:10 PM
:sad::sad:

congrats sabine

V's a star
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:10 PM
wow this makes me feel a tiny bit better

cn ireland
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Congrats to Sabine on winning her 1st title:yeah:!

This was only the 2nd match I've seen her play and I was very impressed!!!

igralec33
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Sabine plays really great. :yeah:
She has so great serves and groundstrokes.
Great tournament for her. :)

kaktusino
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:23 PM
ballbashers >>>>>>>> pushers

Sabine is not ballbasher. Yes, she hits the ball very hard, but it doesn't mean that she's ballbasher. :rolleyes:
She's able to make winners from everywhere. She has the plan.
Ballbasher is that player who just bashing from every position. You can say that she did totally the same what I said, but at least all her "ballbashing shots" were winners. :hearts: :wavey:

miffedmax
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Laugh out loud indeed. Although I'm happy with myself that I never revel in someone's failure...you know it takes a certain type of person to do that..details of which I'm sure aren't neccessary here.

I meant mentally , since Elena's game is superior to Caro's at this point. Elena beat Caro twice before so it's not like she's totally incapable of not making too many UE's. And in tennis , modal verbs are useless...matches end and the next ones start , you gotta roll with the punches.

I said it yesterday, and I still say it. Regardless of who won yesterday, Sabine was going to win today. Elena and Caro just pounded the snot out of each other yesterday.

Sabine played well and I'm not trying to take anything away from her, but Caro's movement was shit today. Elena wouldn't have moved any better, and you can't hit winners off balls you can't get to.

Vaidisova
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Congrats Sabine

SOA_MC
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Caro a tournament win and then a final to back it up :worship: keep winning, keep pissing people off :hug:

Sabine played well enough to deserve the title so congrats to her :)

At some of the Sabine bandwagoners :rolleyes:

Sexysova
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:46 PM
ballbashers >>>>>>>> pushers

Sabine is not ballbasher. Yes, she hits the ball very hard, but it doesn't mean that she's ballbasher. :rolleyes:
She's able to make winners from everywhere. She has the plan.
Ballbasher is that player who just bashing from every position. You can say that she did totally the same what I said, but at least all her "ballbashing shots" were winners. :hearts: :wavey:

sry, I like her and it's nothing wrong but Sabine is a ballbasher and pretty much :D

Michaelz
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:48 PM
:yeah:

scoobsuk
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Good points apart from the bold - it was always Graf who was speedy between points, Seles wasn't ever fit enough [and yeah that's before 93 too]
I didn't mean Seles was extremely quick between points, but she had this very same way of looking at her racquet strings as soon as the point ended, tweaking them with her back to the court, then getting a ball and going into her service motion without too much more faffing about. Lisicki was the same except slightly quicker.

Dinayer
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:59 PM
congrats,Sabine :)

Caro :awww: :hug:

Deck
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:17 PM
one win too much Sabine:p
but well done nonetheless, great week

Meteor Shower
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:23 PM

Indytennis
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:26 PM

What does Amelie OR Nicole have to do with this thread?? No need to bring Amelie into this when she has many other fans beyond someone who has upset you with their post. And you can threatened certain match ups all you want but I think we both know who has the greater claim of the 2 players.

Back on subject- Great week from Lisicki, have to wait and see if this truly is a turning point in her career and she can continue this form.

TeamUla
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Great weak for Sabine. :) Hope she can play so in following tournaments. Should be in TOP30 soon.:bounce:

Are you sure you're not just hearing it as Sabina? In Denmark, and in Germany too I think, we pronounce the last 'e'. I believe in English you'd just say "SABIN" (two syllables). In Danish it's "SABIN-E" (three syllables) and incidentally it sounds almost exactly like how an American would pronounce "Sabina". Like I said, I think it's the same in German, but I could be wrong...

In polish language we pronounce "Sabina":p Sa-bi-na

pwayne
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Congratulations to Sabine for winning her first WTA title(I would consider this a Tier II title due to being downgraded). Good job Caroline for backing up a title with a finalist appearance. Now, what will both ladies do on the European clay? Can Sabine be consistent with her weapons?

Michael!
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Great weak for Sabine. :) Hope she can play so in following tournaments. Should be in TOP30 soon.:bounce:

In polish language we pronounce "Sabina":p Sa-bi-na

But she wants it the German way :p

TeamUla
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:47 PM
But she wants it the German way :p

I don't know how it is with Sabine but Caroline Wozniacki wanted Poles to call her Karolina:p

tennis-insomniac
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:47 PM
you're so special on this surface sabine!
Venus Marion and Caro wow would love to see you play great tennis on RG
Caro :)

AndreConrad
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Caroline :hug:, good week though
Sabine :yeah:; excellent week

Michael!
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I don't know how it is with Sabine but Caroline Wozniacki wanted Poles to call her Karolina:p

I´ve read an interview, and she wants that everyone calls her Sabine, the german way :P
same with Lisicki, she wants it to be pronounced like Lisiki :angel:

thegreendestiny
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:09 PM
does that mean lisicki is of polish descent? i knew her name sounded polish. so the Charleston finals is technically an all-polish final.

Michael!
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:11 PM
does that mean lisicki is of polish descent? i knew her name sounded polish. so the Charleston finals is technically an all-polish final.

yeah, father and mother both were born in Poland, but her father also got German roots, so she is a mixture :p

The Dawntreader
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Sabine just took the game away from Wozniacki, it's as simple as that. Had the firepower on the serve and return that just left Caro looking helpless at times. Sabine is such a big, heavy striker of the ball, and when she's on, she looks very impressive.

It's pretty unbelievable her run this week. She hadn't even won back to back matches since Memphis and to beat Venus and Caro in such emphatic style is good going.

Germany has something to look forward too, for the time being at least.

Nikkiri
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Great week for Sabine :D

Caro :sad: but well back to back finals is still great :hug:

jonny84
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Great first win for Sabine. Good title for her maiden win. Lets see how she can do on clay in Europe.

bobbynorwich
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I´ve read an interview, and she wants that everyone calls her Sabine, the german way.

So is the name 'Sabine' correctly pronounced the German way with an "a" at the end, like "Suh-bean-uh? Or is it just Suh-bean?

rucolo
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Congrats for 1st career WTA singles title, Sabine!:bowdown::hearts::woohoo:

WTA Premier title!:eek:

Without losing a set, beating ...
#5 Venus Williams
#12 Caroline Wozniacki
#13 Marion Bartoli

Impressive tournament, Sabine!:yeah:;)

Caroline:hug:

Carsten
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:47 PM
So is the name 'Sabine' correctly pronounced the German way with an "a" at the end, like "Suh-bean-uh? Or is it just Suh-bean?

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/multimedia/default_video.asp?videoid=498

here you can hear the exact way to pronnounce it from herself :lol:

Pasta-Na
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:11 PM
sabine :eek:

Pops Maellard
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Nice win. :yeah:

Let the bandwagon start. :lol: Not that I have anything against bandwagoning. I've been guilty of it myself. I only starting caring about Fernando Verdasco since the Australian Open, but he's been proving to live up to the bandwagon. Let's see how Lisicki does in the next few months. :D

F-R-E-A-K
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Wow Sabine :hearts: :hearts:
What a fantastic week! :yeah:

Caroline :hug:

Corswandt
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Crushed by German armour.

A triumph for shotmaking.

Sammm
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:56 PM

'E' s are pronounced when they are at the end of a German word. So it's Suh-bean-uh :wavey:

bobbynorwich
Apr 20th, 2009, 12:14 AM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/multimedia/default_video.asp?videoid=498

here you can hear the exact way to pronnounce it from herself :lol:

She's charming and very cute in this video. http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_bigarmhug.gif

Mashabator
Apr 20th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Yay Sabine!!

kman
Apr 20th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Nice win. :yeah:

Let the bandwagon start. :lol: Not that I have anything against bandwagoning. I've been guilty of it myself. I only starting caring about Fernando Verdasco since the Australian Open, but he's been proving to live up to the bandwagon. Let's see how Lisicki does in the next few months. :D

Hell yeah, I'm on her bandwagon even though it's early. Hopefully she won't make me regret it...

miffedmax
Apr 20th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Hell yeah, I'm on her bandwagon even though it's early. Hopefully she won't make me regret it...

The last 10 horror-filled years of my pathetic, heartbreaking, :sobbing: life can attributed to premature bandwagon jumping brought on by a crushing forehand and a killer set of bangs.

May you all profit from my sad example.

cogent53
Apr 20th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Great display from Sabine! As a Dementieva fan, I was so frustrated by her terrible match play in the semis. CW is a good player, but Elena didn't use her head IMO. Wozniacki is very solid, but was very impressed with Sabine's great offensive aggressive game. She picked on the Wozniacki forehand and pounded her second serve. Caroline needs to work on those to make the top 5 I think.
Sabine showed us what an exciting game she has. Great power. Her forehand winners were awesome! Lets hope she doesn't fade and can make a real impression as I really enjoyed watching her this week.

Ben.
Apr 20th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Caro :sad: :hug: would of been nice to see her win a title of such prestige and breaking into the Top 10 at the same time. But a pretty good two weeks from her winning one clay title last week & coming so close this week. Hopefully she can continue to improve her game as she inches to the Top echelon as close as she can.

Congrats to Sabine :) she's been the surprise of the week, fully deserves the title no doubt.

kman
Apr 20th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Saw these comments from Caroline on a Danish site and thought I might as well translate for those interested.

"It's never a good feeling to lose - of course you always want to win. It just wasn't my turn today. She played really well. She put pressure on me from the first ball. My feet wouldn't do as I wanted them to today and then it's hard."

"She had me under pressure in large portions of the match and I never really got a chance to get my play going. I tried as best I could with the steam I had left."

"Of course you want to win a final when you make it into one, but it just wasn't my final this time."

And in an interview with WTA:

"I wasn't moving well today like I have been in other tournaments, but Sabine was playing really well, attacking and not making a lot of errors. It was tough for me today," Wozniacki said. "This is a fantastic tournament. It was great to be here and play the final. Sabine played really well. Congratulations to her."

So Disrespectful
Apr 20th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Well done Sabine, impressive week. I hope she can keep up this kind of form for a while.

RJWCapriati
Apr 20th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Can't believe I was @ the tournament for 2 days and didn't watch her, of course who would have thought early in the week this would have happened!

hdfb
Apr 20th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Good job Sabine! Hope this is the start of something great!

Привет
Apr 20th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Komm jetz Sabine! :inlove: (I am pretty sure I just messed up that attempted German there :inlove:)

SO happy for you! :D:D:D

Renalicious
Apr 20th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Nice Sabine. Big title for you. :eek:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 20th, 2009, 05:29 AM
The sport called tennis was the real winner

adner
Apr 20th, 2009, 05:31 AM
I´ve read an interview, and she wants that everyone calls her Sabine, the german way :P
same with Lisicki, she wants it to be pronounced like Lisiki :angel:

Nooo please don't remind me that... Polish commentator during Miami said Wozniacki wanted herself to be called "Woźniaki"(which reminds me of "Ziemniaki" and called her that way during a whole match -.- It was awful and gross(first part of her surname he pronounced in polish way and second part in english lol). I think in Poland we can(should) actually call her "Wozniacki", the way it would be spelt in English if they were able to pronounce "ck" :devil:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 20th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Sabine :bigclap: Congrats on a great week!