PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki a female Murray?

MakarovaFan
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Anyone think so?? I find her game very similar,obviously not as big,but the style and even tactics seem comparable.......

debopero
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Ummmm....kinda. Murray uses more strategy. Wozniaki is more of a one-dimensional defensive player (I do not mean this in a bad way).

LegionArgentina
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I dont think so.
There are some difference at the net and also Murray used more his slice backhand

jimbo mack
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:33 PM
i think of murray as a player who scraps around the court, running down a lot of balls and turning defence into offense.

i also think the same of wozniacki

serenus_2k8
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:42 PM
No, Murrays game is a million times better.

Noctis
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:43 PM
No Murray > Wozniacki
look at yesterday vs Nadal

allrounder
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Murray has alot more variety in his game.

schorsch
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:44 PM
WHAT THE?
NO!

Rude -___-'

mirzalover
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:44 PM
No for one thing Murrays serve and return especially his return are way more of a weapon in his game then Caroline's. the only thing they have in common to me is being consistent and changing the pace sometimes.

oleada
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:45 PM
In the sense that I dislike both, yes :o
But, Murray is like a million times better than Wozniacki. He's a much, much, MUCH smarter player and way craftier and probably has a million times more variety than Wozniacki could dream of.

AnomyBC
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:45 PM
No. Wozniacki is a lot better looking :)

Dini.
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Murray is a billion times more clever on court, the guy can be a frigging genius with his strategies. His backhand is so much more effective for all kinds of shots: lobs, volleys, dtl's, passing shots, outright winners- you name it. Also he is extremely tough on the mental side, only lost 3 matches this year, to 2 Spaniards. Conclusion: Wozniacki is no where near Murray's level.

Lunaris
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:47 PM
:lol: Wozniacki is more like Simon.

njnetswill
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Wozniacki is the new Capriati. Both of them say "you know" more than any other word when they talk. :help: :lol:

blumaroo
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:52 PM
She's having the career Golovin would be having if she didn't get injured.

MakarovaFan
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Lol some people are soooo.....idk dumb; geez like i said OBVIOUSLY he is better,but she still has a lot of growing to do and i see her game really becoming alot like his!

Mightymirza
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Murray is stronger mentally.. :lol: He can beat anyone on hard courts :shrug:

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't insult any player by comparing him/her to Wozniacki.

MakarovaFan
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Murray is stronger mentally.. :lol: He can beat anyone on hard courts :shrug:
So is Caroline...just last week she saved 3 match points and went on to win the event;then how many players can blow a 64 53 40-0 lead against a top 3 player and still regroup to win 75 in the 3rd? Plus she has proven to be tough on hard couts so....:confused:

tea
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:21 PM
The OP should watch some Murray matches perhaps?:D The guy is the second totally all-around and the smartest player on tour after Federer. I don't think he is comparable to ANY WTA player.:p
Well, as much as I like Caroline I have to agree that Gilles Simon is the way better comparition, if you search it at all.

die_wahrheit
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:51 PM
similar games?

you have never watches tennis, right?

MakarovaFan
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:08 PM
The OP should watch some Murray matches perhaps?:D The guy is the second totally all-around and the smartest player on tour after Federer. I don't think he is comparable to ANY WTA player.:p
Well, as much as I like Caroline I have to agree that Gilles Simon is the way better comparition, if you search it at all.
Okay you guys are TOTALLY missing the point geez..........ofcourse she isnt near as good as him,dare me say it but NO woman player is comparable/equal to a male player DUH!! I mean that they both use spin on their groundies,move the ball around to work the point, can scrap around and throw in "funky" defensive shots and both are primarily solid retrievers plus both are great fighters. And i think that when she gets stronger,she will be the womens version of Murray(NOT meaning as talented,or good etc)

nevetssllim
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Definitely not - whilst both players aren't all about big hitting, Murray has the ability to turn defence into attack much better than Wozniacki. Needless to say, Murray has so much more variety than Caro. I'd guess if you were to compare Murray to a WTA player, it could be Hingis...

sammy01
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:05 PM
they both have weird teeth, is that what the OP meant lol

Lunaris
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Okay you guys are TOTALLY missing the point geez..........ofcourse she isnt near as good as him,dare me say it but NO woman player is comparable/equal to a male player DUH!! I mean that they both use spin on their groundies,move the ball around to work the point, can scrap around and throw in "funky" defensive shots and both are primarily solid retrievers plus both are great fighters. And i think that when she gets stronger,she will be the womens version of Murray(NOT meaning as talented,or good etc)
You are missing the point. They are not similar at all.

Everyone uses spin on their groundies you know and Wozniacki uses just as much of it as basically any other WTA player. Wozniacki is a simple retriever, Murray is an all-court player with a hard to comprehend game. One day he can be a counterpuncher, next day a net-attacking player or a combination of both. It could be argued that he adapts his game with regard to his opponent, playing to maximize his strengths and minimize the opponent's strengths. He is somewhere else tactically than Wozniacki who has to depend on her father to tell her that loopy shots could be difficult to deal with for Lisicki and even then she can't execute such a simple gameplan. If she plays like anyone on the ATP it is Gilles Simon and even that is a bit off the mark.

Miss Amor
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:36 PM
He is more hairy than her.

bobbynorwich
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Wozniacki is the new Capriati. Both of them say "you know" more than any other word when they talk. :help: :lol:

So Wozniacki is actually a female Federer. Every 10th word out of his mouth in interviews is "you know." Or maybe they both just have the same agent. :p

Golovinjured.
Apr 20th, 2009, 01:08 AM
I don't see what you're seeing at all. So :weirdo:.

Golovinjured.
Apr 20th, 2009, 01:09 AM
He is more hairy than her.

How do you know? :shrug:

Slutiana
Apr 20th, 2009, 01:30 AM
She's having the career Golovin would be having if she didn't get injured.
Omg. You did not just say that. For starters, Tati barely ever played the MM tournies. Azarenka is having the caree Tati would be having if she was injury free. :(

Keadz
Apr 20th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Maybe the Murray of old, when he was kind of a dud...but always had the talent there.

Hopefully Caro can do the maturing that Murray did as well.

I can see the similarities, its just that everyone posting in this thread is either a crazed brain washed British poster with similar teeth to Andy who the thinks he is the second coming of Christ....or they just don't like Caro :sad:...so nobody agrees.

Golovinjured.
Apr 20th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Omg. You did not just say that. For starters, Tati barely ever played the MM tournies. Azarenka is having the caree Tati would be having if she was injury free. :(

U R IDIOT.

Serena is having the career Tati would be having.

Junex
Apr 20th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Murray is a billion times more clever on court, the guy can be a frigging genius with his strategies. His backhand is so much more effective for all kinds of shots: lobs, volleys, dtl's, passing shots, outright winners- you name it. Also he is extremely tough on the mental side, only lost 3 matches this year, to 2 Spaniards. Conclusion: Wozniacki is no where near Murray's level (yet).

But He was not say Two years ago and earlier......
The thing is their basic fundamentals are almost identical, maybe Caroline could evolve technically into what Murray's has improve or maybe she would regress into just becoming a pusher till the end of her career, who knows.

One thing is for sure to me, Murray was once an unintelligent (yet talented) pusher.

Junex
Apr 20th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Maybe the Murray of old, when he was kind of a dud...but always had the talent there.

Hopefully Caro can do the maturing that Murray did as well.

I can see the similarities, its just that everyone posting in this thread is either a crazed brain washed British poster with similar teeth to Andy who the thinks he is the second coming of Christ....or they just don't like Caro :sad:...so nobody agrees.

AGREE!!!!!

Junex
Apr 20th, 2009, 03:46 AM
:lol: Wozniacki is more like Simon.

And Simon's play was reminiscent of Murray's circa 2006-2007....

Miranda
Apr 20th, 2009, 04:23 AM
I agreed with this one :lol::hearts:

No. Wozniacki is a lot better looking :)

bobbynorwich
Apr 20th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Actually, Murray is a male Wozniacki.