PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, it's "Lord of the Flies" time, moderators are gone!

bobbynorwich
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:51 AM
For the last two hours, I've asked the moderators 5 times to delete a crude post in the "Pierce as GOAT" thread that erroneously quotes me but which was actually made by another poster. No response, no deletion after repeated alerts.

Guess it's a 'Lord of the Flies' moment, no supervisors on duty. Looks like for the moment we make our own rules, so apparently anything goes. Sad but true.

AnomyBC
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:55 AM
So what do we do now? Do we elect someone as our leader? :confused:

mckyle.
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:58 AM
They have lives too, you know.

bobbynorwich
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Actually, after posting this thread, the malicious post was suddenly --- after 2 hours --- removed.

Our little experiment in feral self-government has been foiled! Quel dommage.

bobbynorwich
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:00 AM

Just like people on life support machines, eh?

mckyle.
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:01 AM
I can't believe you're getting so upset over something so small :lol:

drake3781
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:03 AM
We don't have moderators around the clock. If you report something, they get emailed, and somebody will come when he/she can. There is no life or death on internet forums.

Rocketta
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:05 AM
dag, I didn't realize the bitchfest thread was going to be this SOON! :eek:

Neverless, I'm laughing ...... at you ... of course. :lol:

bobbynorwich
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:06 AM
I can't believe you're getting so upset over something so small :lol:

Smallness is in the eye of the beholder. Crude and malicious mis-attribution may be small to you but ...

Actually it wasn't a big deal until there was no response from any moderator. Kind of like being on an automated consumer service phone line that redirects to nowhere in never ending loops. Small ... but ever so aggravating.

bobbynorwich
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:08 AM
We don't have moderators around the clock. If you report something, they get emailed, and somebody will come when he/she can. There is no life or death on internet forums.

Ok, so there's an 4-8 hour interval when 'Lord of the Flies' rules prevail. Good to know. :eek:

Lefty.
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:19 AM

Word.