PDA

View Full Version : Monica 20/20 Interview Clip

tennisfan5
Apr 19th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Sorry if this has been posted already...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2bsYSOYRic

Monica:sad: Glad you're in a good place in your life now :)

bobbynorwich
Apr 19th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Very interesting clip, thanks for posting. Makes me want to buy her book, just to validate her struggle.

LightWarrior
Apr 19th, 2009, 02:07 AM
"Im a happier person than I used to be". I guess that what counts, that is what her soul needed, and she now can see the big picture about her life. It's pretty shocking to look at her so fit and slim now (she almost looks like what she was 20 years ago!) and retired and it would be easy to think, what a waste, she was overweight all through the second part of her career. Also nice to have Chrissie commenting. It seems Monica has become a wise woman. I'm looking forward to reading the book, although I hope it's not mostly about bulimmia.
Thanks for the video.

SV_Fan
Apr 19th, 2009, 02:18 AM
It was a good interview, Monica looked beautiful. I cant wait til' my book comes in the mail.

calico_101
Apr 19th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Okay, first off she looks GREAT.

Second off, I'm a graf fan so anything I say is obviously biased (that's the way it is with the whole stabbing/career outcome right?)

But anyway, here goes..........I don't want to trivialise what happened to her, but when I listen to Monica I can't help thinking 'woe is me'. Like, don't get me wrong, she's perfectly entitled, but it is just a sense I have of her.

Also, regarding the binge eating she mentions apple strudle in berlin. But hasn't she skipped Germany ever since what happened in Hamburg?

Anyway, I wish her the best and really look forward to her book.

LightWarrior
Apr 19th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Okay, first off she looks GREAT.

Second off, I'm a graf fan so anything I say is obviously biased (that's the way it is with the whole stabbing/career outcome right?)

But anyway, here goes..........I don't want to trivialise what happened to her, but when I listen to Monica I can't help thinking 'woe is me'. Like, don't get me wrong, she's perfectly entitled, but it is just a sense I have of her.

I didn't get that feeling at all. She's an old soul, Graf is not. Seles sounds like a deep person now connecting and wanting to help other human beings. Graf is just a millionaire living in Vegas.

LDVTennis
Apr 19th, 2009, 03:37 AM
I didn't get that feeling at all. She's an old soul, Graf is not. Seles sounds like a deep person now connecting and wanting to help other human beings. Graf is just a millionaire living in Vegas.

With all due respect, exactly how is Seles helping human beings by writing a self-help book?

It is just a book. She will make the rounds of the talk-show circuit. She'll make money from the thousands of women who will buy the book thinking it will change their lives. Chances are it won't change anyone's life. And, the book will be in some clearance bin at Borders by Christmas. It's not like Seles is clearing landmines in the states of the former Yugoslavia with the new book in one hand and her tennis racquet in the other.

As to Steffi, you couldn't be more wrong. This is Monica's thread. So, that's all I will say.

Dave.
Apr 19th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Wonderful interview! Monica looks stunning, she's amazing :worship:

I always thought it would be so good if she came back to tennis but seeing her now seemingly happy I'm pleased for her that she didn't come back. After all that has happened to her, it's nice to see it all going right for her again.

Thanks for posting. :yeah:

I disagree, but even so, who cares? As you said, she's more than entitled. Where's the problem? :shrug:

Also, regarding the binge eating she mentions apple strudle in berlin. But hasn't she skipped Germany ever since what happened in Hamburg?

Yeah that confused me too.

hingis-seles
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpWjNvIhsEY

Really interesting to watch. Thanks to Ronny and James for uploading these clips.

hingis-seles
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:50 AM

She refused to play in Germany, but she has friends there so I imagine she'd go there to visit.

galadriel
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpWjNvIhsEY

Really interesting to watch. Thanks to Ronny and James for uploading these clips.

Ronny and James :hug::kiss::wavey:

calico_101
Apr 19th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Thought she was on record as saying she has never been back there.