PDA

View Full Version : What is Wozniacki's best surface?

jrm
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:43 PM
What is her favourite one?

I would have never imagined it's clay but she seems to be doing well on it ;)

Dodoboy.
Apr 18th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah, i mean she isn't a natural clay courter. But if she worked hard on the surface she could be amazing. She does take the ball pretty late, so the more time to set up for her shot doesn't really benefit her - but other aspects of her game are better on clay.

Slow hardcourt?

Jarl_02
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I think she could be an all-around player, she has had some good results in all surfaces

Jorn
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Before last week clay was her worst surface... ;)

kman
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:46 PM
yea, she calls clay her worst surface in interviews but maybe that has changed now... I guess she prefers green clay over red though.

Tripp
Apr 19th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I remember when, last year, after winning Amelia Island, Maria Sharapova said she felt like the court was "a hardcourt with clay sprinkled over it". Green clay courts are usually a lot faster than red clay, and that explains why some players who don't usually get their best results in the dirt do so well in the U.S. green clay tournaments.

kman
Apr 19th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I remember when, last year, after winning Amelia Island, Maria Sharapova said she felt like the court was "a hardcourt with clay sprinkled over it". Green clay courts are usually a lot faster than red clay, and that explains why some players who don't usually get their best results in the dirt do so well in the U.S. green clay tournaments.

yup ^^

frenchie
Apr 19th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Hard to say

maybe hard

mne22
May 2nd, 2009, 07:30 AM
Hardcourt where everything is neutralized more or less and Wo:zzz:niacki can push all she wants.

She gets bossed around on grass and she can't do anything on true clay.

AnomyBC
May 2nd, 2009, 08:28 AM
My bedsheets.

sunsfuns
May 2nd, 2009, 10:46 AM
Medium speed hard court I think. Grass will be favorable too, red clay probably not...

Lucemferre
May 2nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
Hardcourt where everything is neutralized more or less and Wo:zzz:niacki can push all she wants.

She gets bossed around on grass and she can't do anything on true clay.

:worship::lol:

mne22
May 2nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
:worship::lol:

:inlove: sunfuns thinking Wo:zzz:niacki will be a threat on grass? On what basis? She took a set from grass court legend Jelena Jankovic?

:spit:

darkangel5452
May 2nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Probably HC.

$uricate
May 2nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
I don't know, what do pushers normally prefer? Rebound ace? :shrug:

Shoulderpova
May 2nd, 2009, 01:56 PM
any surface where MM tourney is played on :)
Worstznacki :yawn: