PDA

View Full Version : Vera Zvonareva's ankle

Vanity Bonfire
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:36 PM
:sad:Apparently she's torn two ligaments in her ankle after injuring herself against Razzano. One is a partial tear, and the other is a full tear (again, apparently) according to Sam Sumyk, her coach.

How long do you reckon she'll be out for?

Davodus
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:40 PM
vera :sad:

who knows how long she will be out for :shrug: just depends on how all the rehab goes

Fililander
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:43 PM
This is just great. FO and Wimbledon gone for sure i think.

Mikey B
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:46 PM
poor vera.. she has the worst luck, just as she gets to a new peak she falls again... come back stronger vera... i'd be surprised if she played the us open actually..

Vanity Bonfire
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:47 PM
It seems as though the umpire made her wait for ages before she was taken off court as well.

Sexysova
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:48 PM
poor Vera :awww: :hug:

she has to be the most unlucky WTA player :hug:

Craig.
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:48 PM
This fucking sucks. :o

Marcelo.
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:53 PM
:sad: :awww:

Get well soon :awww: :sad:

Cp6uja
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I hope that this is will not reflect on her careers result like that injury which have Petrova during 2006 claycourt season :help:. Nadia was TOP5 player in big shape when reach that injury, but never truly comeback again and regroup after that :scared:.

Sammm
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Fuck :sobbing:

alfonsojose
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:55 PM
RG is out. Back at Wimby maybe

Mynarco
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Vera :sad:
Is she officially OUT from RG :sad:

Effy
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Vera :sad: :hug: get well, baby.

Noctis
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:00 PM
its takes aleast or couple of months to heal like me :o
2-3 months for this kind she'll be out of action aleast :hug: :bigcry:
Womens tennis :bigcry:

Lucas_Arg
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Can't believe it.

Vanity Bonfire
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:02 PM

Thanks for the info.
Still, shitty news. :sad::sad:

Mynarco
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:03 PM

maybe the magic fairy would heal vera and she would play in RG, beating a whats-her-name 6-0 6-0.

Please Vera get well soon :sad:

MarieC
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I had a very similar injury a couple years ago. I was casted for 2 1/2 weeks, and took about a month after that before I could start running on it again. Vera's a top conditioned athlete though and will have an accelerated healing time. I'm a physical therapist, and I say it will be about 5-6 weeks at the minimum before we see her attempt to play. Rome and Madrid are out of the question, and probably Roland Garros.

Calliope.
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Poor Vera :sad::sad: :hug:

Vanity Bonfire
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I had a very similar injury a couple years ago. I was casted for 2 1/2 weeks, and took about a month after that before I could start running on it again. Vera's a top conditioned athlete though and will have an accelerated healing time. I'm a physical therapist, and I say it will be about 5-6 weeks at the minimum before we see her attempt to play. Rome and Madrid should be out of the question.

Again, thanks. :)

G&R
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I can't believe it :sad:
poor vera..bad luck
recover as soon as possible

M.P
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Vera:sobbing::sobbing:
wish you all the luck
come baack stronger :sad:

Shoulderpova
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:08 PM
:tears:

Kipling
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Damn. Tamira's hand, Vera's ankle....two ligament injuries within a few days. Charleston was like a bad dream.

Hope they both get well soon.

Davodus
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I had a very similar injury a couple years ago. I was casted for 2 1/2 weeks, and took about a month after that before I could start running on it again. Vera's a top conditioned athlete though and will have an accelerated healing time. I'm a physical therapist, and I say it will be about 5-6 weeks at the minimum before we see her attempt to play. Rome and Madrid are out of the question, and probably Roland Garros.

i would say closer to 8 weeks + because you don't want to risk re-injury by coming back too soon
however it all depends on how her rehab goes, and how good her ligaments were in the first place

goldenlox
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I had a very similar injury a couple years ago. I was casted for 2 1/2 weeks, and took about a month after that before I could start running on it again. Vera's a top conditioned athlete though and will have an accelerated healing time. I'm a physical therapist, and I say it will be about 5-6 weeks at the minimum before we see her attempt to play. Rome and Madrid are out of the question, and probably Roland Garros.You had a full tear of a ligament in your ankle?

Noctis
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Full tear aleast 2 months.

P_Fer
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Poor Vera :sad::hug: She has the worst luck :(

goldenlox
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:57 PM
This is an unfortunate injury. Vera was 2nd in 2009 points plus had the YEC final points to end last year
She had a chance to get in the #1 race, and it ends with a fall

Dodoboy.
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:59 PM
So unlucky!!!

Green clay is terrible stuff!

FrenchY52
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:00 PM
This really sucks for Vera who was really at her best and could have won RG !

I guess the best thing to do now for her is to call Tati and ask her some advice.

MarieC
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:04 PM
You had a full tear of a ligament in your ankle?

There's 3 main ligaments to the outside of the ankle. I had a full tear of the frontal most ligament, and a partial tear of the middle ligament, plus a small bone chip off the back of the ankle bone. I was swollen from my toes to about 5 inches up my calf. I hurt it on a Friday, and couldn't weight bear on it until Wednesday due to the amount of pain. They put me in a walking cast for 2 1/2 weeks, then I did my own physio with some help from my colleagues for the next 2 months. The most difficult thing to do was to get the push-off strength back in my foot, and lateral movement was trouble for 3 months. I had a residual limp for 4 months and had to wear a brace at all times. I still have some problems with it, but they are considerably less

Vera is probably going to have intense physio on it. The guidelines for a tears vary a bit but general is about 6-8 weeks before any sort of competition is attempted. Vera is going to have a lot of problems with lateral movement when she starts to play again. I think a realistic goal for her would be around Wimbledon. She definitely doesn't want to come back early from this, and unfortunatly she is always going to have instability issues with her ankle

jjcrew#1
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:10 PM
No.... No.... no..... NOT vera :sad: :sobbing:

Mikey.
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Poor Girl :awww:

skanky~skanketta
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:16 PM
fuck. FUCK!

Poor Vera. Every fucking time.

AnomyBC
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:32 PM
This SUCKS :sad:

Lapin
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Poor Vera! This is really sad! :sad:

Get well soon Vera! :hug:

diane10
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Vera:hug::hug:

I'm so:sad:for her. Wishing her a complete recovery,and a return to the Tour as soon as is practical/sensible.

debby
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Tatiana Golovin 2.0

schorsch
Apr 18th, 2009, 08:18 PM
i'm devastated :sad:

vera :hug:

MaBaker
Apr 18th, 2009, 08:27 PM
This really sucks. I hope she'll not lose entire year.

Uranus
Apr 18th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Two torn ligaments? Don't expect to see her on a tennis court until this summer :bigcry:.
WTA sucks even more now :sad:.

Fabunny
Apr 18th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I feel so bad for Vera. She has been playing well and had a real chance to climb the rankings on one of her best surfaces.
Get well soon Vera

slamchamp
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:11 PM
omg poor her

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Well, that's my worst fears confirmed. Really horrible tragic news. The biggest bummer of the whole tennis season for sure. Vera really was looking like she was going to get to the world number 1 position in much the same way as it was pretty obvious last fall that Dinara was probably going to be number one by around about now. I feel very sorry for her.

Obviously the rest of the clay season and RG are out. Wimbledon I would say is doubtful. But the worst thing is that I somehow suspect it will take several months of playing again to get back to the kind of form that Vera has shown the last 7 months, if indeed she ever does which I wouldn't consider a certainty at all. She might never have another chance of winning a Grand Slam as good as the one it looked like she was going to get at RG this year. So unfortunate. I really wish her the very best recuperating. :awww:

Svetlana.
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Vera should not have played there!!!

saul1333
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:34 PM
:sad: just when she was peaking.

améliemomo
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:38 PM
omg very sad for her:sad: hope she will recover from that

oleada
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Gutted for Vera. :( She had a big shot at the RG title.

Inger67
Apr 18th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Damn. Tamira's hand, Vera's ankle....two ligament injuries within a few days. Charleston was like a bad dream.

Hope they both get well soon.

WHAT?! Tamira is injured?!?! :eek: I never heard about this! Omg.

hankqq
Apr 18th, 2009, 10:19 PM
terrible news :sad:
she has been playing her best tennis the last 6 months or so.
hopefully she won't be out too long and she'll be able to regain her form quickly.
:hug: to her fans

Jarl_02
Apr 18th, 2009, 10:29 PM
This is awful, she was playing great and now this :(

I can understand her, I'm going through something similar :sad:

doujyr
Apr 18th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Awful news. Sounds similar to the injury ALG had in 2006, and she took a long long time to come back from that. Still hasn't really.

Volcana
Apr 18th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Complete ligament tear? In an ankle? For a successful player in a running/cutting sport? Who's been succesful enough recently she probably has some money put by, and can wait (and rehab) for a full recovery?

See you in 2010, sweetie, and I hope you win OZ.

Uranus
Apr 18th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Complete ligament tear? In an ankle? For a successful player in a running/cutting sport? Who's been succesful enough recently she probably has ome money put by, and can wait for a full recovery?

See you in 2010, sweetie, and I hope you win OZ.
Yes, that's more like it. And as ChrisCHorse said, it took Vera so long to become the player she currently is, I suspect she might never reach this level of play again. This is the worst injury she could ever get. It takes time to heal and if she comes back even a few weeks too early, she might re-injure it regularly and destroy her ankle.

Lulu.
Apr 18th, 2009, 11:46 PM
That's horrible, get well Vera. :hug:

Wintermute
Apr 18th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Terrible news. Just absolutely gutted for Vera. I hurt my ankle playing tennis last year and I know how frustrating it is to do something like this just when you feel you are playing well. Get better quickly Vera. :hug:

sammy01
Apr 18th, 2009, 11:53 PM
that sucks, vera was fun to watch competing with the big girls, as shes not all out attack.

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 19th, 2009, 12:59 AM
i feel so bad for her:(

frenchie
Apr 19th, 2009, 01:03 AM
OMG that's what I feared

I diidn't play tennis for 5 months because of the same injury

Keadz
Apr 19th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Future grandslam champion Vera gone :sad:

My favourite players are always getting injured :o

Brena
Apr 19th, 2009, 01:43 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :crying2::crying2::crying2:

SV_Fan
Apr 19th, 2009, 03:42 AM
what actually happened for her to sprain sprain her ankle?

Daniela-Is-Mine
Apr 19th, 2009, 03:47 AM
HER DREAM RUNS of 08-09 were 100% like Daniela's runs from 07-08 and they were both ruined by injury to the foot.

:sobbing:

Caillou
Apr 19th, 2009, 04:28 AM
OH NO! im sooo sorry to vera and her fans..that is soo depressing..i feel for you guys! hopefully she recovers rather quickly and can refind her form to achieve success in the near future.

W!MBLEDON
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:05 AM
i'm not a fan but i'm incredibly sympathetic for her and angry that another top player gets hit by injury.. she was one of the only decent players on tour that you could expect to win on a consistent basis

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Poor girl. :sad:

barboza
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Any video?

Volcana
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Future grandslam champion Vera gone If you want some, faint solace, the neww, more emotionally mature Zvon will rehab better than the player broke down emotionally under pressure.

IF she makes it back, she'll be much more strong player mentally.

Steff_forever
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:25 AM
it's so bitter, just while reaching her career peak, damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...

KanSuke
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Awwwww. Really hope Vera can get well ASAP :hug:

gmak
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:52 AM
fuck noooo :tears: :( :sad: :crying2: :hysteric:
poor Bepa :hug:

bad_angel_109
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:55 AM
shit, that's one nasty injury. hope u recover soon bepa :sad: :hug:

cherboy
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I am soooooo sorry for her!!!! She was my absolutely favorite for the french open title. hope she recover soon!!!! BEST OF LUCK, VERA!!!!!! :smooch:

Nikkiri
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Get well soon Bepa :hug:

ChriS.
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:51 AM
This is really sad. Vera has been improving all the time and she could have won a lot this year. Take care Vera and come back soon.

Daszmarelli
Apr 19th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Any official news? :confused:

bobbynorwich
Apr 19th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Good thing that Vera's also working on her advanced degree in international studies, sure she will use the off time to her advantage.

serenus_2k8
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Well, that's my worst fears confirmed. Really horrible tragic news. The biggest bummer of the whole tennis season for sure. Vera really was looking like she was going to get to the world number 1 position in much the same way as it was pretty obvious last fall that Dinara was probably going to be number one by around about now. I feel very sorry for her.

Obviously the rest of the clay season and RG are out. Wimbledon I would say is doubtful. But the worst thing is that I somehow suspect it will take several months of playing again to get back to the kind of form that Vera has shown the last 7 months, if indeed she ever does which I wouldn't consider a certainty at all. She might never have another chance of winning a Grand Slam as good as the one it looked like she was going to get at RG this year. So unfortunate. I really wish her the very best recuperating. :awww:

:unsure:

Uranus
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:01 PM
:unsure:
No one has earned more points than her since last September. She was a lock for a top 3 ranking at least.

Harju.
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Why do all my favorites have to get injured all the time? :bigcry:

disco_rage
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Ah very sad for Zvonareva. Let's hope she is not out too long.

serenus_2k8
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:35 PM
No one has earned more points than her since last September. She was a lock for a top 3 ranking at least.

Perhaps...if she could hold it together mentally at the slams which i dont necessarily think she would have done given her past results and even without injuries, no player is a lock in to make it to the top of the game.

pav
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Perhaps...if she could hold it together mentally at the slams which i dont necessarily think she would have done given her past results and even without injuries, no player is a lock in to make it to the top of the game.
I have to agree, but I was looking forward to her putting up a good showing on the clay and staying up reasonably high in the ten:sad:

Uranus
Apr 19th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Well, she had just won her first big tournament and no one's really good on clay. Who knows what would have happened :shrug:.
Jelena went to #1 (with many more points than #2 Serena at the time) with only one slam final after all.

serenus_2k8
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Well, she had just won her first big tournament and no one's really good on clay. Who knows what would have happened :shrug:.
Jelena went to #1 (with many more points than #2 Serena at the time) with only one slam final after all.

Yeh the rankings are pretty crazy but Veras record in the slams and vs the top players is what I think may let her down. Thats not to say she couldnt have made it to number 3, but I couldnt see her staying up there long.

youizahoe
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM
2nd degree torn of anklebands already takes 2 weeks. The thing she has now, could be easily 2 to 3 months of rehab.

Daszmarelli
Apr 20th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Can anyone translates?

from www.championat.ru

"WTA
Звонарёва прилетела в Москву для прохождения медобследования

Российская теннисистка Вера Звонарёва прилетела в Москву для прохождения углублённого медицинского обследования, сообщает издание Tennis. По информации источника, медикам предстоит установить точный диагноз, после которого станет известно, сможет ли россиянка выступить на Кубке Федерации против сборной Италии. Полуфинальный матч состоится 25-26 апреля в городе Кастелланета Марина.

Напомним, что 24-летняя теннисистка получила травму лодыжки в ходе матча третьего круга на турнире в Чарльстоне."

:confused:

ahyen
Apr 20th, 2009, 11:03 PM
From google:

"WTA
Zvonareva came to Moscow to attend medobsledovaniya

Russian tennis player Vera Zvonareva came to Moscow to undergo thorough medical examinations, the publication of Tennis. According to the source, doctors have to establish an accurate diagnosis, after which we will know whether Rossiyanka to speak at the Federation Cup team against Italy. Semifinal match will take place 25-26 April in the city Kastellaneta Marina.

Recall that a 24-year-old tennis player was injured ankle during the third round match at the tournament in Charleston. "

aww, she still came to Russia even though she's injured.

Fililander
Apr 20th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I have tried via Babelfish

They dont have any diagnosis yet? Then the other information was not right? Hmm....Now i am confused.

Daszmarelli
Apr 20th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I have tried via Babelfish

They dont have any diagnose yet? Then the other information was not right? Hmm....Now i am confused.

Yeah :yeah:
I'm confused too :scratch:

so any official information yet :help:

Get better Bepa, I love you!

miss_molik
Apr 21st, 2009, 06:43 AM
poor thing

Epigone
Apr 21st, 2009, 08:09 AM
This injury got me thinking about what happened to Lina K. :sad:

Bepa needs to make sure that her doctor knows what he/she is doing!The injury didn't seem that bad. A few strained ligaments in her left ankle.

Then why was Lina Krasnoroutskaya still in a Russian hospital four months after rolling her ankle in a first-round match at the Australian Open?

Why was she laid up at her home for another six weeks with excruciating pain in her heel and knee?

These were questions that kept Krasnoroutskaya awake at nights.

"It was an unbelievable story, like a bad dream," she said.

A doctor in Latvia initially treated Krasnoroutskaya for strained ligaments by injecting painkillers every day for 10 days into her left heel. The injections weakened the bones. When she tried to run, the bones broke.

"He broke the bones," she said.

She returned to her hometown of Obninsk, Russia and was seen by more doctors -"eight to 10," she said. They didn't have much better news.

Lighter
Apr 21st, 2009, 09:08 AM
French Vera's coach is speaking : http://www.welovetennis.fr/blog-sam-sumyk/11324-sam-sumyk-roger-va-faire-peter-les-14-titres

Sam, how is Vera?
For now is the unknown, she injured her ankle, a ligament has been affected, here we are pending the results of examinations made in Russia. At best, I believe we will match at Roland Garros, but it can also be dead. Anyway, do not take risks. This is not the time but I want to say that there was never time to get hurt. After I am neither fatalistic or resigned, it was already known that. So already you just think about rehabilitation, and modify our schedule when we had planned to play Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid.

goldenlox
Apr 21st, 2009, 11:06 AM
Things worked out very well when Vera had wrist problems in 2007.
She needs more of that luck now

guapogreg08
Apr 21st, 2009, 06:00 PM
on yahoo sports she was listed on the roster for fed cup...

goldenlox
Apr 21st, 2009, 06:04 PM
Even if all the doctors tell her it was just a mild sprain, she still won't rush back this week.
That's an old list and they should know better than to put it up on their website

Fabunny
Apr 21st, 2009, 06:08 PM
The Fed Cup website is sill listing Vera has the top player on the Russian roster. Perhaps, it is because Russia has not named her replacement yet

Jorn
Apr 21st, 2009, 06:12 PM
I hope she is OK for RG maybe be ready and get a wc into Warsaw. They need top players.....

pav
Apr 21st, 2009, 08:27 PM
I read even before the ankle injury a Fed cup team without Bepa, siting injury problems, presumably the groin strain,I'll see if I can dredge it up.

pav
Apr 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Found it,dated april 15th leaving Bepa out.

Russia names Fed Cup team to play Italy
Associated Press
2009-04-15 11:57 PM Fonts Size: http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/images/icon_a+.jpg (http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content.php?id=921333&lang=eng_news#)E-Mail This (http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content.php?id=921333&lang=eng_news#)http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/images/icon_email.jpg Printer-Friendly (javascript:print_article())http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/images/icon_printer.jpg
Former U.S. Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova will lead the Russian team against Italy in the Fed Cup semifinals next weekend.
Russia captain Shamil Tarpischev on Wednesday also selected 10th-ranked Nadia Perova, No. 23 Anna Chakvetadze, Alisa Kleybanova and rookie Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to face the 2006 champion on clay at Castellaneta Marina, Italy.
Sixth-ranked Vera Zvonareva is recovering from an injury.
Russia routed China 5-0 and Italy beat France by the same score in the first round. Russia has won the Fed Cup four times and is looking for its third straight title. Russia has a 4-0 record against Italy, including a 4-0 win in the 2007 final.

starin
Apr 21st, 2009, 09:20 PM
unlucky because she's starting to pick up momentum and confidence. This is how luck can completely change a career. Hopefully it's something minor and she comes back soon cuz moments like these don't come very often in a career.

Golovinjured.
May 13th, 2009, 12:09 AM
So, is she out of Roland Garros for sure? :tears:

goldenlox
May 13th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Today she said on her website that she's recovering but doesn't know when she'll be back.
Probably grass season

Golovinjured.
May 13th, 2009, 12:36 AM
:tears:

The title was hers. :sobbing:

RJWCapriati
May 13th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Thats sad, she was really on fire. But she has played a lot of tennis in the past 12 months I'm sure a rest won't hurt her....after a few tournaments i'm sure she'll be back to herself.

Daszmarelli
May 13th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Today she said on her website that she's recovering but doesn't know when she'll be back.
Probably grass season

I can't find anything in her website :confused:

please, send me link :angel:

Mr.Kardashian
May 13th, 2009, 01:01 PM
nooo! this is the best time for her in her career.... get well soon!

Fililander
May 13th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I can't find anything in her website :confused:

please, send me link :angel:

:wavey:Guestbook:wavey:

Daszmarelli
May 13th, 2009, 06:39 PM
^^
thanks

Warrior
May 13th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Ankle sprains don't heal fast. She should be out at least until Wimbledon, if not longer.

starin
May 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
is she getting mandatory 0's for all the tournaments she's missed?

maps
May 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM
can someone please tell her to pull out of French Open before qualifying matches start tomorrow so that an alternate can play