PDA

View Full Version : US Open Tickets

jjcrew#1
Apr 18th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Got my tickets today for the US Open! i am going from september 3-6! Did any of you get tickets and what day! Had no problem purchasing them this year unlike last year had to buy them of ebay! :)

Jarl_02
Apr 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I want to go this year, so it seems it would be really tough for me to go...

I went in 2006 and it was just amazing!! I've only gone to this Grand Slam but by far is the best :)

Oneofakind0490
Apr 18th, 2009, 04:39 PM
The seats offered for the presale on Ashe were crap. Im waiting for the general public sale and maybe I won't be offered the worst seats in the house:rolleyes:

Slutiana
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Could somebody give me info on how I can get tickets from abroad please? Somebody told me that they weren't on sale until June??... :unsure:

jjcrew#1
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:06 PM
^ this was a USTA membership ticket sale before opening to the general public!

Slutiana
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Oh ok, phew! :D

drake3781
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I thought about doing the pre-sale, then re-selling, but wasn't sure if I would possibly get stuck with them. Anybody done that before?

bunbun
Apr 20th, 2009, 02:52 AM
I got tickets for the Men's Semi-Finals (9/12 day session) and Men's finals (9/13). I was lucky to get any tickets, it sold out so fast!!

Unfortunately, the tickets are not very good. Anyone have experience selling them?

Also, what are the odds I'll get better tickets in the American Express pre-sale or the general public sale?

Thanks!

drake3781
Apr 20th, 2009, 03:03 AM
I got tickets for the Men's Semi-Finals (9/12 day session) and Men's finals (9/13). I was lucky to get any tickets, it sold out so fast!!

Unfortunately, the tickets are not very good. Anyone have experience selling them?

Also, what are the odds I'll get better tickets in the American Express pre-sale or the general public sale?

Thanks!

You joined here to write that, your first post? :rolleyes: I assume you plan to scalp them?

bunbun
Apr 20th, 2009, 03:07 AM
You joined here to write that, your first post? :rolleyes: I assume you plan to scalp them?

LOL... well there's not alot of information online regarding the USTA presale. I was happy to find this thread. I may give the tickets to friends, or sell them - not looking to make money though. Just didn't want nosebleed seats, and I'm trying to find the best way to get decent seats without using stubhub or similar website.

AUSBOY
Apr 20th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Are you able to buy ground passes on the day in the first week? Are the queues long? How much they cost? Can someone please advise?