PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs!!!

Fingon
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:49 AM
The playoffs start this weekend.

Who is going to win?

If Garnett is really out of the playoffs, the Celtics don't stand a chance.

Cleveland?, they did great in the regular season, will they keep it up in the playoffs, they have a cohesive starting unit and LeBron but a short bench.

Orlando? are Howards and the 3 point shooters enough for a championships? don't think so

Nobody else in the east.

In the west, the Lakers seem head and shoulders above anybody else. Kobe is rested and relaxed, Gasol is playing great and they got Bynum back. Odom playing off the bench has energized the second unit and Farmar, Vujacic, Walton and even Brown are playing well.

Kobe is one of the 3 best players in the NBA (LeBron and Wade are the others), Gasol and Bynum are one of the most powerful and versatile frontcourts, and they have by far the best bench and one of the best coaches, plus championship experience.

I think it's a Lakers' year.

sipnsurfMurph
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Cavs are lost in the dust imo, so are Eastern hopes. It's the Kobys great chance for redemption.

SA is hobbled w/o Manu, as usual so is Houston, Chris Paul is great but doesn't have enough tools. It's LA or total surprise.

doni1212
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:51 AM
I want to see Kobe vs. LeBron for the finals...

hellas719
Apr 18th, 2009, 04:45 AM
I'm a knicks fan :o
I think I want the Lakers to win:shrug:

Ryan
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah I'd bank on the Lakers to win it all. :cool: Not my first choice, but I'd say they're definitely the favorites.

moon
Apr 18th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I want to see Kobe vs. LeBron for the finals...
i'm sure that's what David Stern wants. ;)
if it happens i hope Lebron can pull off the upset.
My team (Pheonix) didn't make it, so i'm hatin.

SloKid
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Derrick Rose = the real deal, 36 pts, 11 assists on his playoff debut against the defending champs. Celtics will miss Garnett big time.

Anything is possiBull! :D

Fingon
Apr 19th, 2009, 02:39 PM
hmm, few surprises here.

The Bulls beating the Celtics, even without Garnett was a surprise, so was Rose's performance.

The Rockets beating Portland wasn't, but the score was, it was a blow up.

Dallas beating San Antonio is not that big of a surprise, without Ginobili and with Duncan hurt it isn't likely the Spurs will go very far.

Cleveland trouncing Detroit was predictable, the Pistons are only a shadow of their former selves.

Ryan
Apr 19th, 2009, 04:17 PM
hmm, few surprises here.

The Bulls beating the Celtics, even without Garnett was a surprise, so was Rose's performance.

Dallas beating San Antonio is not that big of a surprise, without Ginobili and with Duncan hurt it isn't likely the Spurs will go very far.

Cleveland trouncing Detroit was predictable, the Pistons are only a shadow of their former selves.

Pretty much echo everything you said. :o

I'm pulling for the Cavs this year I think, definitely want to see King James win a Championship. :cool:

Dinayer
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Go spurs Go :tears:

I think Lakers will win :o :(

iGOAT
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Go Nuggets :bounce::rocker2::aparty:

moon
Apr 20th, 2009, 01:23 AM
hmm, few surprises here.

i wouldn't be that upset if the Rockets or Denver make it to the finals (in the west) vs. the Lakers. Cavs all the way in the east, but it'll be interesting to see how far Chicago can go.

Fingon
Apr 20th, 2009, 11:56 PM
i wouldn't be that upset if the Rockets or Denver make it to the finals (in the west) vs. the Lakers. Cavs all the way in the east, but it'll be interesting to see how far Chicago can go.

The rockets have a good chance providing Yao remains healthy. The Nuggets are a different team with Billups and have a good shot as well.

However, I don't think either team stands a chance against the Lakers, the only reason the Jazz weren't blown up is because they lost focus, they scored 62 first half points and that's with Bynum still gaining form and Kobe and Gasol playing at half speed.

Chicago? who knows? it doesn't look like the Celtics will get KG back, they can win this series and then it would be Atlanta or Miami, very winnable.

I don't think anybody stopping the Cavs in the east, but I think the Lakers will win the championships.

LeBron is getting a bit on my nerves btw.

Fingon
May 3rd, 2009, 02:56 AM
seems nobody is too interested in the nba:sad:

anyway, I'll talk to myself.

Amazing series between Chicago and Boston.

And is Wade human? sorry LeBron and Kobe fans, but Wade is the man.

Valda Lake
May 3rd, 2009, 03:03 AM
Hiya Fingon! I may not be interested in basketball...but its nice to run into you...its really been too long...Cheers! :-)

Ryan
May 3rd, 2009, 03:05 AM
So pumped the Celts pulled it out, easily the best series I've ever seen in any team sport (NHL, NBA, NFL). :worship:

Can you imagine if that was the NBA Finals? :eek:

Fingon
May 3rd, 2009, 03:06 AM
Hiya Fingon! I may not be interested in basketball...but its nice to run into you...its really been too long...Cheers! :-)

hey, I haven't heard from you in ages, how're you doing?

Valda Lake
May 3rd, 2009, 03:12 AM
Fingie Poo...I'll send you a catch-up pm tomorrow...tsk tsk...so much history...and NOW you are into U.S. basketball??? Hey...it was nice to see you there...I actually felt "kindered"...it really has been that long kiddo! Bye now...

doni1212
May 3rd, 2009, 03:35 AM
Uh....good fight Bulls, :sobbing:

mykarma
May 3rd, 2009, 04:23 AM
Uh....good fight Bulls, :sobbing:
Still bruised about the whipping the Pats put on Pittsburgh I see. :lol:

Just kidding sweetie. It was a great series and am surprised the Celts pulled it out considering they don't have Kevin Garnett. :fiery:

hankqq
May 3rd, 2009, 05:22 AM
Celtics OMG yes!!!! :worship: :sobbing: thought they were gonna lose it tonight but they pulled it together somehow :hearts:

not a fan of Noah, Miller and Hinrich on the Bulls team :o but Rose and Gordon were amazing :worship:

EPIC series though :bowdown: one of the closest contests for sure :lol:

doni1212
May 3rd, 2009, 05:45 PM
Still bruised about the whipping the Pats put on Pittsburgh I see. :lol:

Just kidding sweetie. It was a great series and am surprised the Celts pulled it out considering they don't have Kevin Garnett. :fiery:

:ras:
We'll see what Tom Brady does this year after being out for so long...;)

sipnsurfMurph
May 5th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Rockets 1 Lakers 0

moon
May 6th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Rockets 1 Lakers 0
maybe they can pull off the upset :bounce:
congrats to Lebron for MVP!

sipnsurfMurph
May 7th, 2009, 05:47 AM
maybe they can pull off the upset :bounce:
congrats to Lebron for MVP!

Who knows?

Rockets 1 Lakers 1

Ellen Dawson
May 11th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Go Cavs! C'mon Rockets! :bounce:

Mavs you suck. :p

moon
May 11th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Houston still in the mix :)

doni1212
May 12th, 2009, 03:18 AM
The Lakers are sorry for that.

mykarma
May 23rd, 2009, 03:12 PM
The Lakers are sorry for that.
WOW, one second to go and the Lebron hits a three to win the game. Amazing. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Coffee&TV
May 23rd, 2009, 04:14 PM
WOW, one second to go and the Lebron hits a three to win the game. Amazing. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

It was a great shot. :hearts: You go King James!! :worship:

doni1212
May 23rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
Lol, my family was so pissed at me. When he hit that shot, I swear I was screaming for like 2 minutes straight!! :rolls:
Now both series are 1-1. We are soooooooo close to a Kobe-LeBron Final!!! I want it so bad!!

moon
May 23rd, 2009, 10:41 PM
Lol, my family was so pissed at me. When he hit that shot, I swear I was screaming for like 2 minutes straight!! :rolls:
Now both series are 1-1. We are soooooooo close to a Kobe-LeBron Final!!! I want it so bad!!
i would actually love it, if Denver put the Lakers out of their misery. :p

Ryan
May 23rd, 2009, 10:44 PM
i would actually love it, if Denver put the Lakers out of their misery. :p

Me too. :lol: I'd rather have a Lebron - Billups final. :cool:

WhatTheDeuce
May 23rd, 2009, 10:45 PM
LeBron vs. Kobe plz

Coffee&TV
May 23rd, 2009, 11:10 PM
LeBron - Melo please!! :drool:

Fingon
May 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM
I always seem to pick the team everyone hates.

Go LAL!!!

On a side note, anybody but Denver, I like Chauncey Billups, but he seems to be the only one normal in that team. KMart can be a good player but he is an asshole, Andersen is a freak and Melo and JR Smith are troublemakers, and George Karl gets on my nerves.

Basically when Miami went down (I don't care about Miami but Wade is my favourite player) I go for Kobe, I know everyone hates him but as a player he is amazing. LeBron is ok but the hype is too much, they annointed him the greatest ever and he hasn't even won a title.

mykarma
May 24th, 2009, 12:08 AM
I always seem to pick the team everyone hates.

Go LAL!!!

On a side note, anybody but Denver, I like Chauncey Billups, but he seems to be the only one normal in that team. KMart can be a good player but he is an asshole, Andersen is a freak and Melo and JR Smith are troublemakers, and George Karl gets on my nerves.

Basically when Miami went down (I don't care about Miami but Wade is my favourite player) I go for Kobe, I know everyone hates him but as a player he is amazing. LeBron is ok but the hype is too much, they annointed him the greatest ever and he hasn't even won a title.
What hype? Did you see that shot last night? I think you're confusing tennis which is an individual sport and basketball, which is a team sport. There are players that sat their behinds on the bench and can say they have won a title. Lebron is no more hype than Kobe who I can't stand is but I've got to give the devil his due.

iGOAT
May 24th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Come On Nuggets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fingon
May 24th, 2009, 01:44 AM
What hype? Did you see that shot last night? I think you're confusing tennis which is an individual sport and basketball, which is a team sport. There are players that sat their behinds on the bench and can say they have won a title. Lebron is no more hype than Kobe who I can't stand is but I've got to give the devil his due.

oh come on, there hasn't been a player more hyped than LeBron. He is good, he is very good, one of the best (I can't decide among him, Kobe and Wade) but the hype goes well beyond that. When some people say he is the best ever they are then putting him above Jordan, Magic, Bird, West, to name a few.

And I know basketball is a team sport, to a certain extent, yes, you need a team, and you need team play, however, very few teams have won a championships without superstars. The Bulls had Jordan, the Lakers had Kobe and Shaq and before Kareem, Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, the Celtics had Garnet, the Spurs, which some people put as an example of team play still had Duncan, Parker and Ginobili.

Look at the Celtics, unbeatable last year and this year without Garnett struggled against the Bulls, that might have improved with Miller and Salmons but they are far from being a title contender, and they lost to the Magic.

Most of the times, there is a superstar surrounded by a good support cast that does its part, rebound, hit the 3, screens, etc. Look at Miami in 2006, it was all Dwayne Wade, sure, he wouldn't have won the championships without Shaq putting his body in the post, Mourning and Haslem defending, Payton relieving Wade when he was tired, but the key piece was still Wade, same for the Cavaliers, they are a good team but take LeBron out and they are not even a playoff team, and as per the Lakers, they follow Kobe, Kobe is struggling with his shooting and that's why the Lakers are struggling, when Kobe finds his range the whole team plays better.

Said that, I know Phil Jackson has won 9 championships and surely knows more than me, but I don't think he is using the right strategy against the Nuggets.

First, I think Bynum needs more minutes, I don't care that he isn't playing well, but the problem is stopping the points in the paint, which is difficult because the 3 point shooters spread the floor, but with Bynum at least they have a body for them to go around and someone that will rebound.

Second, Fischer can't guard Billups, period, Fischer is ok for clutch time but they should use Jordan and Brown more, and when fischer is in the lineup, they should send Ariza over Billups and Kobe over Anthony.

Ryan
May 24th, 2009, 02:03 AM
I kind of agree with mykarma AND Fingon. :lol: I think its way too early to call Lebron the best ever, or anywhere near the best...he's still got a lot to "prove", ie, win a few Championships and have great longevity.

That being said he has a HUGE amount of raw talent - can you imagine him in three or four years, with a more refined defensive game and even more experienced teammates to back him up? Deadly. :eek:

Lebron vs. Billups final please. :cool:

mykarma
May 24th, 2009, 02:06 AM
oh come on, there hasn't been a player more hyped than LeBron. He is good, he is very good, one of the best (I can't decide among him, Kobe and Wade) but the hype goes well beyond that. When some people say he is the best ever they are then putting him above Jordan, Magic, Bird, West, to name a few.

And I know basketball is a team sport, to a certain extent, yes, you need a team, and you need team play, however, very few teams have won a championships without superstars. The Bulls had Jordan, the Lakers had Kobe and Shaq and before Kareem, Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, the Celtics had Garnet, the Spurs, which some people put as an example of team play still had Duncan, Parker and Ginobili.

Look at the Celtics, unbeatable last year and this year without Garnett struggled against the Bulls, that might have improved with Miller and Salmons but they are far from being a title contender, and they lost to the Magic.

Most of the times, there is a superstar surrounded by a good support cast that does its part, rebound, hit the 3, screens, etc. Look at Miami in 2006, it was all Dwayne Wade, sure, he wouldn't have won the championships without Shaq putting his body in the post, Mourning and Haslem defending, Payton relieving Wade when he was tired, but the key piece was still Wade, same for the Cavaliers, they are a good team but take LeBron out and they are not even a playoff team, and as per the Lakers, they follow Kobe, Kobe is struggling with his shooting and that's why the Lakers are struggling, when Kobe finds his range the whole team plays better.

Said that, I know Phil Jackson has won 9 championships and surely knows more than me, but I don't think he is using the right strategy against the Nuggets.

First, I think Bynum needs more minutes, I don't care that he isn't playing well, but the problem is stopping the points in the paint, which is difficult because the 3 point shooters spread the floor, but with Bynum at least they have a body for them to go around and someone that will rebound.

Second, Fischer can't guard Billups, period, Fischer is ok for clutch time but they should use Jordan and Brown more, and when fischer is in the lineup, they should send Ariza over Billups and Kobe over Anthony.

OK so what does all of that have to do with Lebron being overrated because he doesn't have a ring? :shrug: I'm not ready to say he's the best ever but that was said about Kobe when he first came into the league.

BTW, I'm loving these playoffs.

iGOAT
May 24th, 2009, 02:59 AM
OMG I want the Nuggets to win so bad :scared:!!!

iGOAT
May 24th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Damn Nuggets :rolleyes::mad:.

mykarma
May 24th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Damn Nuggets :rolleyes::mad:.
To many mental mistakes. They're not good enough to get dumb technical fouls and still beat LA

doni1212
May 24th, 2009, 09:53 AM
:lol:
The Nuggets should've definitely won that game. Lakers steal again, :rocker2:

Ryan
May 24th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Nugs :rolleyes: They could be up 3-0... :sobbing: :fiery:

Sir Stefwhit
May 24th, 2009, 01:41 PM
GO LAKERS!!!!!! This is turning out to be one of the most memorable and exciting series in a long time. Game two on ESPN broke records and is now the most watched playoff game in ESPN's history.

As for the future Hall of Famers:
Kobe > Lebron > Wade

taevaughn
May 24th, 2009, 01:44 PM
cmon chauncey!!!!! :rolleyes: @ anthony carter

Coffee&TV
May 24th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Nuggets :o

moon
May 24th, 2009, 09:34 PM
just want to interject here that the ONLY reason Kobe has 3 rings is because of Shaq.
the end :cool:
go Nuggets!

Fingon
May 24th, 2009, 09:47 PM
OK so what does all of that have to do with Lebron being overrated because he doesn't have a ring? :shrug: I'm not ready to say he's the best ever but that was said about Kobe when he first came into the league.

BTW, I'm loving these playoffs.

nothing, I was answering your post. And he isn't overrated only because he doesn't have a ring. I remember one of the early Nike commercials that said that one of the things LeBron had to deal with it's hype.

In short, LeBron is a great player and may become the best ever, but the amount of hype is too much for anybody, not Lebron.

I am loving them too.

Fingon
May 24th, 2009, 10:22 PM
just want to interject here that the ONLY reason Kobe has 3 rings is because of Shaq.
the end :cool:
go Nuggets!

you could argue that the only reasons why Shaq has 4 rings are Kobe and D. Wade.;)

Sir Stefwhit
May 25th, 2009, 01:03 AM
you could argue that the only reasons why Shaq has 4 rings are Kobe and D. Wade.;)

:worship:

doni1212
May 25th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Damn, Cavs lost!

Cat's Pajamas
May 25th, 2009, 05:48 AM
I think it's obvious that the Magic is the more all-around better team. Sure they don't have anyone like Lebron but the Cavs don't have enough depth around the court. :shrug:

muzzy
May 25th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I think it's obvious that the Magic is the more all-around better team. Sure they don't have anyone like Lebron but the Cavs don't have enough depth around the court. :shrug:

I think cavs will always do that until they can get someone to back james up they are trying but it still is nothing like Orlandos all round game off course. But he carries a team and I dont think they will win until they get some to really back him up look at celtics last year they had KG, Pierce and Allen. Lakers in the past had Kobe and shaq..

I would like an orlando- nuggets final they would be some sick games to watch :bounce:

taevaughn
May 25th, 2009, 11:34 AM

i totally hate to admit it cuz to me lebron is king but im thinking you are so right. orlando is so not gonna roll over in this series. the cavs are gonna really have to step it up! and im not sure if they can. :(

moon
May 25th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Wade and Kobe were on their teams before Shaq got to town.
Neither went very far without him. ;);)

mykarma
May 26th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Agreed

doni1212
May 26th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Lakers got this tonight!! :rocker2:

RenaSlam.
May 26th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Let's go Lakers.

Fingon
May 27th, 2009, 12:05 AM

they needed both, Kobe/Wade and Shaq, Shaq on his own wouldn't do it.

and although Shaq was instrumental in the LA's titles, not so much with Miami, Shaq was often injured and missed tons of games, particulary in the playoffs, Shaq was producing his usual numbers but it was Wade who carried the team (Shaq said that himself), true, Shaq clogging the line helped Wade find spaces but Wade is producing even more now without Shaq, of course the Heat are not close to being a championships team, no one player can do that, Jordan, Magic and Bird had their supporting cast and at least one other star.

moon
May 27th, 2009, 12:13 AM

and although Shaq was instrumental in the LA's titles, not so much with Miami, Shaq was often injured and missed tons of games, particulary in the playoffs, Shaq was producing his usual numbers but it was Wade who carried the team (Shaq said that himself), true, Shaq clogging the line helped Wade find spaces but Wade is producing even more now without Shaq, of course the Heat are not close to being a championships team, no one player can do that, Jordan, Magic and Bird had their supporting cast and at least one other star.
i didn't say Shaq on his own would do it.
but he provided the missing piece to BOTH teams. He went on to win another title with Miami after being dumped by LA. And what has Kobe done since then? Ball hog and gotten close, but no cigar. Wade and Kobe are both great players (no denying that), but Shaq has taken every team he has played on to the finals and beyond. JUST GIVE THE MAN HIS DUE. :p

Fingon
May 27th, 2009, 12:34 AM
i didn't say Shaq on his own would do it.
but he provided the missing piece to BOTH teams. He went on to win another title with Miami after being dumped by LA. And what has Kobe done since then? Ball hog and gotten close, but no cigar. Wade and Kobe are both great players (no denying that), but Shaq has taken every team he has played on to the finals and beyond. JUST GIVE THE MAN HIS DUE. :p

I do give Shaq his due!!!

But yes, Shaq went to both teams and gave them what they needed, but it's how it played out.

If the Lakers have gotten Garnett or Duncan Kobe probably would have another ring, if Kobe had landed in the Knicks or by that matter, any team without a player of Wade's caliber her wouldn't probably have won a 4th ring. Shaq himself said the main reason he went to Miami was Wade.

comfortably.numb
May 27th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Fuckkkkkkkkkkk. This is a great game.

Cat's Pajamas
May 27th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Lebron is playing Savior again. :o

comfortably.numb
May 27th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Lebron is playing Savior again. :o
He's turned the ball over like 4 times. :help: I don't think the Cavs can bounce back from this if they lose.

Ryan
May 27th, 2009, 03:48 AM
:sobbing: So close. Rally from 3-1 down? :tape:

young_gunner913
May 27th, 2009, 04:09 AM
lebron :sobbing: fighting all he could but came a little short. :tears:

i think they can win at home and it will be a dog fight to go back to cleveland. :tape:

Cat's Pajamas
May 27th, 2009, 04:11 AM
:banana:

doni1212
May 27th, 2009, 05:25 AM
The Cavs can do it!! First things first though. Win at home!

muzzy
May 27th, 2009, 06:30 AM

much like James and Cavs he cant do it on his own.

Magic going really well!

taevaughn
May 31st, 2009, 08:32 AM
thanks a lot dwight and rashad. you guys are why i didnt really sleep tonight. lebron. :sad: orlando totally rocked the entire series so i cant hate on them for that. go kick the lakers asses. (go hedo)

saul1333
May 31st, 2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks orlando you just made me some quick cash.

Go Lakers.

doni1212
May 31st, 2009, 08:56 PM
:sobbing:

Kobe is going to beat that ass Orlando, :rocker2:

Andrew Laeddis
May 31st, 2009, 10:20 PM
I got the final that I wanted :woohoo:

So nice to see the Cocky Chosen One and the Cavs out. Its amazing the number of Cavs fans who kept going on about how Lebron and the Cavs would kill Kobe and the Lakers in the finals. It was a mistake to pencil in the Cavs and Lakers in the finals a both Orlando and Denver are good teams.

Lebron couldnt wait to get off the court after the loss. So gracious in defeat. He reminded me of a certain someone :lol:

I want the Lakers to win but if the Magic take it, I'll still be happy. :)

Fingon
Jun 6th, 2009, 01:52 AM
well, well, well.

What happened to Stan Van Gundy? did he hit his head? is he in drugs?

He forgot the main rule in the NBA, Thou shall double team Kobe.

Is he a Lakers fan and want to handle the Lakers a Championships? Nobody can't guard Kobe one on one (like nobody can guard Wade or LeBron that way), nevermind Pietrus or Lee.

Kobe gets open looks and scores, Kobe is not going to miss that way, and the longer it goes the more in rhytm he gets and the worse it gets for the opposing team.

Yes, if you double team Kobe tha means that Gasol, Odom and/or Bynum are single teamed, well, you need to rotate Stan, nobody said it was easy but you do have Howard to cover the post don't you?

And then you probably will get 3 point shooters wide open, so be it, again, there is no good option to defend against the Lakers but Van Gundy took the worse one, Ariza, Fischer, Farmar, Vujacic are more likely to miss than Kobe.

Of course, if the Magic did not have an horrendous shooting night it would have been better for them, but then Kobe would probably have scored 60 instead of 40, and part of the reason for the Magic's bad shooting was the Lakers' defense, that when they remember to play is one of the best in the League.

Lakers in 5.

hellas719
Jun 6th, 2009, 04:49 AM
GO LAL GO!:bounce:

taevaughn
Jun 6th, 2009, 11:44 AM
cmon superman! go rashard! hedo :hug:

Meteor Shower
Jun 8th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Lakers up 2-0 :D

doni1212
Jun 9th, 2009, 02:05 AM
:banana: Two more to go!

muzzy
Jun 9th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Ahh this should have been 1-1 it would have made an awesome series even more awesome and Orlando would have any pressure going back to orlando and they could actually play ball :)

taevaughn
Jun 11th, 2009, 06:48 AM
cmon superman! go hedo! tie it up tonight! :D

doni1212
Jun 11th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Naw, Lakers got this!!

Andrew Laeddis
Jun 11th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Magic arent winning this. They'll lose at least one game at home and the Lakers will win their next game at home.

RenaSlam.
Jun 12th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Yeahhhh Lakers.

saul1333
Jun 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM
:worship: Fisher with those clutch 3-pointers!!

young_gunner913
Jun 12th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Howard :weirdo: What a fucking choke job.

Congrats to the Lakers though from coming from behind to embarrass the Magic. :shrug:

Fingon
Jun 13th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Howard :weirdo: What a fucking choke job.

Congrats to the Lakers though from coming from behind to embarrass the Magic. :shrug:

don't put it on Howard.

Without his 9 blocked shots and his 21 rebound it wouldn't even matter.

He is not a good free throw shooter, most big men are (think of Shaq, or Tim Duncan), he is 23 and in his first final and has to hit two clutch free throws, give him a break.

It's Van Gundy who had a mental collapse, what the hell was Nelson doing there? and how the hell didn't they foul?

It was pretty simple, the Magic were 3 points up, 11 seconds to play, and the Lakers were inbounding on the backcourt (clever Phil Jackson, that gave them the whole court), anyway, let them move the ball, try to delay as many seconds as you can, and before they will attempt to shoot FOUL. Do the maths Stan, 3 points difference, minus 2 is still 1 point difference, and you get possession with about 5-6 seconds left, move the ball slowly, the Lakers will fould, make sure the balls is in Turkoglu or Lewis's hands, then you can push the lead back to 3 with about 2-3 seconds left, then harass the Lakers shooters, it really is that simple.

Howard choked, but Turkoglu choked as well, and Lewis didn't choke because he didn't show up, Van Gundy choked, Nelson choked.

Give Howard a break, the Magic had made it this far because of him.

doni1212
Jun 13th, 2009, 03:38 AM
One more to go :devil: