PDA

View Full Version : Legitimate Top 10

MakarovaFan
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Ok so there may have been talks of this before but who do you feel being in the top 10 would make it "legitimate". I dont think we have had a "real"/tough top 10 since the late 90s/ealy 00s. Like the men right now have a legitimate top 4/5.
Base this off SEEN/SHOWCASED talent and ability. Not form or potential or even hype
In no order: Serena,Venus,Maria,Ana,Dinara,Jelena,Svetlana,Elen a D,Victoria and Nicole/Li
I'd say the lower half (5-10) would be Venus,Sveta,Jelena,Ana and Vika
Then i'd say players like Caroline,Vera,Aga,Sania,Tatiana,Marion,Flavia,Nadi a and Daniela would round out the top 20...........again i DONT base this off current form or even potential,but off overall talent and ability

frenchie
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Ok so there may have been talks of this before but who do you feel being in the top 10 would make it "legitimate". I dont think we have had a "real"/tough top 10 since the late 90s/ealy 00s. Like the men right now have a legitimate top 4/5.
Base this off SEEN/SHOWCASED talent and ability. Not form or potential or even hype
In no order: Serena,Venus,Maria,Ana,Dinara,Jelena,Svetlana,Elen a D,Victoria and Nicole/Li
I'd say the lower half (5-10) would be Venus,Sveta,Jelena,Ana and Vika
Then i'd say players like Caroline,Vera,Aga,Sania,Tatiana,Marion,Flavia,Nadi a and Daniela would round out the top 20...........again i DONT base this off current form or even potential,but off overall talent and ability

:tape::lol:

RenaSlam.
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:29 AM
1.) Serena Williams
2.) Venus Williams
3.) Serena Williams
4.) Venus Williams
5.) Serena Williams
6.) Venus Williams
7.) Serena Williams
8.) Venus Williams
9.) Serena Williams
10.) Venus Williams

ahyen
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:30 AM
ok.

Pristine
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Sania Mirza in the Top 20 of something. That girl could only dream.

MakarovaFan
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:34 AM
:tape::lol:
Um what's funny..do you remember Nicole from 06/07;guess not cuz if you did then you wouldn't feel that way.......again people this IS NOT BASED OFF CURRENT FORM!! And as far as Mirza that serve and that forehand are lethal enough top put her somewhere around top 20....don't judge the girl as i don't think she has had an injury free season in years

frenchie
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Um what's funny..do you remember Nicole from 06/07;guess not cuz if you did then you wouldn't feel that way.......again people this IS NOT BASED OFF CURRENT FORM!! And as far as Mirza that serve and that forehand are lethal enough top put her somewhere around top 20....don't judge the girl as i don't think she has had an injury free season in years

do you remember Chakvetadze from 2007?
do you remember Petrova from 2006?
do you remember Hantuchova from 2002?
do you remember Mauresmo from 2001-2006?
do you remember Dokic from 2001-2003?
do you remember Radwanska from 2008?
do you remember Zvonareva from 2008-2009?

:shrug:

pav
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Bit of a self delusion problem going on

jjcrew#1
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:08 AM

exactly! :worship:

Ciarán
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:15 AM

:worship:

Golovinjured.
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I don't what you're trying to say at all. Is this what you want to be the TOP 20? :confused:

joz
Apr 18th, 2009, 04:19 AM
Lol!

youizahoe
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:09 AM

:yeah:

CloudAtlas
Apr 18th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Based on form since start of the year :

1) Serena Williams
2) Elena Dementieva
3) Vera Zvonareva
4) Victoria Azarenka
5) Venus Williams
6) Dinara Safina
7) Ana Ivanovic
8) Jelena Jankovic
9) Caroline Wozniacki
10) Svetlana Kuznetsova

iPatty
Apr 18th, 2009, 02:15 PM
According to this board, whoever does well the previous week.

MakarovaFan
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:29 PM

Lmao yes i love it i love it....ok
First of all are you people really that stupid my thread says WHO DO YOU FEEL, not this is the top 10 deal with it!!! Like hello, if those girls are who you feel would be the top 10 then good for you :confused:
Second just to defend my post, basically if all the girls are playing good/their best, then i feel the 10 women i listed would be at the top end of subject. I mean you have to take in ability, talent,consistency(sure alot of girls can have that one big event,but if that's all they do then come really.........). Now 8 or 9 of the girls i put im sure are without arguement,so for Nicole obviously since 07 she has been dealing with injuries,which caused lack of confidence;mental problems plus coaching/boyfriend issues and at the moment she is down right pathetic BUT her form in 06/07 was CONSISTENTLY at the top of the game. It wasn't a fluke or lucky draws or missing top players. She played 2 Slam SFs and 3 QFs plus in 07 only twice did she fail to reach atleast the QF of any event she played all season. Clearly i see no reason to say she couldnt and wasnt a big contender.

Finally just to reply to your post.....
Anna-It was made very public after her 07 season that she felt she needed to "beef" up her game in order to rise to top(but hell she was already 5 in world so idk) and ever since her new game is to try and out hit her oppenent. Obviously playing like that aint the business and i dont think she will ever even return to top 10 playing this new stlye(hell remember when Serena tried to change her game and play with more spin and slices and being more passive....)
Nadia- You see i did list her in my top 20 ,but honestly when those other girls are playing their best and nadia is at her best,i just dont seeing her up there at top(again as you see i did put her in top 20 though)
Hantuchova-AGAIN another player i kept in top 20,but like i said when everyone is in good form,i dont see hers being better than those other girls. And even still in 02/her peak she was having trouble with the top top players(just check her head to heads to see my point)
Mauresmo-Sorry but she just isnt the same player.I really hoped Paris 09 was a breakthrough for her,but is seems(like the next girl) if may have sadly been an issue of playing at a familiar venue,tons of crowd support and inspired tennis! I think she is past her prime and honestly that she wil be retiring soon
Jelena- Ok she is currently one of my top 3 favs,but im starting to feel OZ, like Amelie was a one of thing. I mean seriously she had ONE big result in the last 4 years that just happened to be in Australia with HUGE crowd support. I mean the girl has great groundies and some excellent fight but i just dont know-and to be fair it may seem like i just contradicted my self but there is a difference in seen talent/abilty versus former talent/ability....like Nicole for example is still young and its only been a season or 2 versus Amelie/Jelena where is has been over 4 seasons where it starts to look like lost talent.
Aga-Like the first couple,i kept her in top 20 beacause when on she can be tricky,but when all is said and done her best just wouldnt be up there with the top 10 at their best
Zvonareva-on fence as she is close,but i felt she would be like an 11/12 rank player....her best could hang but not week in week out.Plus just check her record at the BIG events

Wiggly
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Anyone who get into it with strong results while dealing with hard draws.
Winning tournaments and stuff.