PDA

View Full Version : Charleston QF: Caroline Wozniacki def. Virginie Razzano 6-2 6-0

kman
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:48 PM
great play Caroline.

come again Razzano

Does this mean Caro overtakes A. Radwanska in the rankings?

Noctis
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Caro = Green Clay Goat :bowdown:
Dominate Performance.
Virginie Wasnt Bad But Caro was determine to get a bagel :hug:

Ferg
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Virginie is such a smiley girl! :hug: Terrible match though. :unsure:

Take down Elena pleez Caro!

Craig.
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Virginie :sad:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
The score suggests a demolition , but it was not

Wozniacki did not play that well , although she never does

Dodoboy.
:haha:

Almost funny when Caro DEVASTATES players :yeah:

Love it! Well done Caro!

Blatant Queen of Green CLay!

Balltossovic
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:52 PM
:speakles:

Noctis
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:52 PM

What Match are You watching?
Dementieva Vs Cibukova?

sammy01
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:54 PM
why has no one ever told razzano to take her racket back soon/earlier. shes so late on shots all the time because of such late preperation, its infuriating. cant believe something so basic hasn't been told to her, its no coincidence both venus and serena take their rackets back a month before the ball bounces because it gives you more time.

caro did what she had to which wasn't much.

CloudAtlas
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:56 PM

Sorry but I disagree completely. There have been times where she has won playing terribly but in this match the second set was brilliant from her. She anticipated the shots from Razzano very well and her backhand was really on.

Well done on reaching the QF's Virginie.

And good luck against Dementieva Caro...you did it last time so good luck this time , you have nothing to lose.

AndreConrad
Congrats Caroline :yeah:

Pristine
Wozniacki rarely ever does anything. Not surprised by the match reports.

Marionated
31 unforced errors from Virginie, and she only held serve once :o
Oh well, a QF is still good.

Matt01
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Virginie :help:

Credit to Wozniacki though. Against the lower-ranked players she can actually play :eek:

Ferg
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:58 PM
31 unforced errors from Virginie, and she only held serve once :o

Yeah, it was far from an amazing perfromance from Caro like some people are suggesting. Virginie had 13 winners to 31 UEs, and Caro also had 13 winners to 13 UEs. Caro just had to keep the ball in.

furrykitten
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Great win for Caroline, I enjoy watching her game

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Sorry but I disagree completely. There have been times where she has won playing terribly but in this match the second set was brilliant from her. She anticipated the shots from Razzano very well and her backhand was really on.

Well done on reaching the QF's Virginie.

And good luck against Dementieva Caro...you did it last time so good luck this time , you have nothing to lose.

If I would have not seen this match and then I see the outcome 62 60 vs a decent player like Razzano , I would imagined that it was a shotmaking fest , winner after winner from the vincitore but I watched the match and that did not happen

CloudAtlas
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah, it was far from an amazing perfromance from Caro like some people are suggesting. Virginie had 13 winners to 31 UEs, and Caro also had 13 winners to 13 UEs. Caro just had to keep the ball in.

Did you see the match? If you did then surely you would have seen that some of the balls Caro "just had to keep in" were incredibly difficult to get to.

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Caro :worship:

Pristine
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:07 PM
If I would have not seen this match and then I see the outcome 62 60 vs a decent player like Razzano , I would imagined that it was a shotmaking fest , winner after winner from the vincitore but I watched the match and that did not happen

When does Wozniacki ever hit winners? :confused:

Jean-Henri
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
What Match are You watching?
Dementieva Vs Cibukova?

It's quite obvious that it must be that match SIN DIOS NI LEY talk's about.

There's no way it could be about this great performance from caro. Such a variety of weapons she presented today, that drove Virginie into a a desparate game, to find a nonexistant way out of the nightmare.

Caro, thanks for this premium class tennis.

Inger67
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Good job Caro :) Win your second title in two weeks!

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Probably for the first time in her career Wozniacki managed to produce more winners than her opponent :worship: :worship: :worship:

Pristine
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Probably for the first time in her career Wozniacki managed to produce more winners than her opponent :worship: :worship: :worship:

Nope not even. According to the posters they were TIED.

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:15 PM
13 winners, 13 errors? Those are excellent stats. If you can hit as many winners as errors on clay you are going to win a lot of matches.

SIN DIOS NI LEY, what can I say? You really don't have a clue about tennis. Funny thing is you are a Nadal fan. Now I would be the first to agree Nadal is one hell of a great player. I have enormous respect for him. But how does he win his matches, particularly his matches on clay? He doesn't do it by hitting winner after winner. He does it by making very few errors and making it virtually impossible for his opponent to accumulate winners. This is, in fact, the most effective way of winning on clay. To say, Wozniacki didn't play that well because she only hit 13 winners in 14 games (almost 1 a game actually) just shows how little you understand tennis. Frankly the stupidity of your posts never fails to amaze me. :shrug:

kman
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I really don't understand the criticism either. Granted, I only watched the second set, but I thought it was one of Caroline's best performances in a while. I couldn't believe some of the balls she managed to bring back and Razzano couldn't believe it either. She got increasingly frustrated because her obvious "winners" were annulled by Caroline's speed and finesse again and again and Razzano didn't really play that bad. Many of Razzano's UE's were as much the merit of Wozniacki as it was the fault of Razzano.

I can't comment on the first set as I didn't watch it.

I think some people are just petrified because Caroline, a player they've been against from the beginning, has taken yet another step toward the top 10 :D

If Caroline beats Dementieva again, I don't want to hear a plethora of excuses like last time. It was utterly pathetic.

CloudAtlas
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:18 PM
13 winners, 13 errors? Those are excellent stats. If you can hit as many winners as errors on clay you are going to win a lot of matches.

SIN DIOS NI LEY, what can I say? You really don't have a clue about tennis. Funny thing is you are a Nadal fan. Now I would be the first to agree Nadal is one hell of a great player. I have enormous respect for him. But how does he win his matches, particularly his matches on clay? He doesn't do it by hitting winner after winner. He does it by making very few errors and making it virtually impossible for his opponent to accumulate winners. This is, in fact, the most effective way of winning on clay. To say, Wozniacki didn't play that well because she only hit 13 winners in 14 games (almost 1 a game actually) just shows how little you understand tennis. Frankly the stupidity of your posts never fails to amaze me. :shrug:

As the famous saying goes...you can't reason with an idiot....or a Dementieva fan (kidding :p)

Although I do feel bad for calling them an idiot so I apologise for that.

Jorn
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:20 PM
At 4-0 in the second set Razzano played well, but else too many errors, where Caro made few errors.

Well done Caro! :) Now play well vs Elena tomorrow. good luck!

Yes Caro now atleast No 11 in the WTA Rankings :) She need to win the Title to be No 10. GÅ for det Caro! ;)

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Nope not even. According to the posters they were TIED.

Really?
I'm pretty sure I saw Razzano had 12 winners. Well, apparently, I was wrong.

Still, it's an achievement for Caro. I don't remember her ever hitting as many winners as her opponent either.

Sexysova
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I uploaded last game :wavey:

GqBpGc62JPQ

Vanity Bonfire
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Congrats Caro! You're not my fave but hey, you seem pretty rocking!

alwayshingis
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Good match from Caroline. She was aggressive when she needed to be, played excellent defense, and didn't spend too much time in Passive Land.

Watch out Top 10!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:26 PM

Different type of defensive players . Nadal is a counterpuncher , not a pusher .

Nadal goes for his shots unlike Wozniacki .

SOA_MC
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Winner and Top 10 bound Caro :worship:

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Different type of defensive players . Nadal is a counterpuncher , not a pusher .

Wrong.
Nadal is a moonballer.

Noctis
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Tennis isnt all about making Winners learn up

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:34 PM

Nadal goes for his shots unlike Wozniacki .

Counterpuncher, pusher, moonballer. They are just words. You can call players whatever you want to call them. But at the end of the day, whether one wants to define a player as a "power hitter" or a "pusher" or a "counter puncher" or a "ballbasher" the fact remains that tennis is about more than hitting winners. It is about hitting those winners without making a lot of errors and also preventing your opponent from hitting winners and working them around so that you can get errors from them. That's what Nadal does when he wins and it would seem that is what Wozniacki is doing very effectively at the moment too.

pwayne
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Good 2nd set for Caroline as her defense was on display. On one point at A-40 for Virginie serving at 0-4, Virginie did drop shot that Caroline got at the net then did a stab angled volley cutting off a passing shot which enabled Caroline to win the point with an easy volley into the open court. Caroline got a tough match tomorrow with Elena as Elena will be looking for revenge on what happened in Key Biscayne.

jo„o.
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:57 PM
WD Caro ;)

cn ireland
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Great win for Caroline:yeah:!

~{X}~
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Go Caro!!!! Now defeat Dementieva and win this title! :hearts:

Andrew Laeddis
Apr 17th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Caro :worship:

frenchie
Apr 17th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Caroline played great
God this girl can move the ball around!!

I still can't understand that "pushing" thing about her
She plays defensive as a strategy IMO against some players but today she was very agressive

Dexter
Apr 17th, 2009, 10:55 PM
The match was closer than the score suggest... specially the 1st set, Razzano missed her chances. She's such a HOLD or COLD player. When it's good it's ridiculous, when it's bad well it's ridiculous too.
Well done Caro and good luck tomorrow! :yeah:

Dodoboy.
Apr 17th, 2009, 11:00 PM

You just have to go and look at the Monte Carlo stats to see how well Caro did here! :lol:

Derek.
Apr 17th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Great job, Caro! :banana:

I love how Razzano was still fist pumping in the last game. :tape:

DragonFlame
Apr 17th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I uploaded last game :wavey:

GqBpGc62JPQ

If this last game represents the whole match i'm glad i didn't watch this. :tape:

KanSuke
Apr 17th, 2009, 11:02 PM
OMG Caroline I love you :inlove:

Now beat LenaD :devil: :inlove:

terjw
Apr 17th, 2009, 11:07 PM
WD Caro :worship:. Next stop Lena.

Dinayer
Apr 17th, 2009, 11:21 PM
well done, caroline :hearts: :rocker:

rucolo
Apr 18th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Nice win, Caroline!:hearts::bounce:

Good luck in SF!

bandabou
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I don't know why people are going down hard on Caroline like this. Really like her game..she gets it. She reads the game very very well and seems to know what her opponent is gonna do before she does it. Agreed that she might need a lil bit oomph in her game, but as it is..if she keeps developing like this...next year she's gonna be TROUBLE!

Lulu.
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Virginie. :sad:

Ben.
Apr 18th, 2009, 02:03 AM
WD Caro :yeah: :D GL against Lena :)

CiarŠn
Apr 18th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Caro :speakles::yeah:

darkangel23
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Caroline :worship:

Virginie :hug:

Effy
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM

always enjoy reading your posts :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
Apr 18th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Virginie :sad: :hug:

igralec33
Apr 18th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Virginie :( :hug:
Congrats, Caro!

Corswandt
Apr 18th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Always sucks seeing a good shotmaker going on a Charge of the Light Brigade like this. Razzano insisted on taking the ball as early as possible and stepping inside the court whenever she could when that often isn't the most effective tactic on clay; and didn't change her game plan even when it was obvious she was self-destructing. Moving forward all the time when looping the ball deep behind her opponents is essentially what Wozniacki does for a living wasn't smart. Still, she had the chances to get a lead in the 1st.

Wozniacki handles pace very well. I don't know quite how to phrase this, but the flaws in Wozniacki's ugly ass DIY strokes may actually help her in that. Since she takes the ball late (particularly on the FH side) by default and loops it back instead of properly hitting through it most of the time anyway, being forced to do so when on the defensive doesn't mean she'll find herself out of her comfort zone. And of course her reflexes, first step, ability to quickly shift directions and overall footwork are superb. She mixed it up well (something that say Cibulkova is yet to learn how to do), her moonballs often pushing Razzano back and forcing her to hit when out of position, and when sharp can hit passing shots seemingly even when standing upside down. Wozniacki is brimming with confidence, even if that confidence is in her ability to track down and loop back deep enough just about everything.

Corswandt
Apr 18th, 2009, 12:23 PM
SIN DIOS NI LEY, what can I say? You really don't have a clue about tennis. [...] To say, Wozniacki didn't play that well because she only hit 13 winners in 14 games (almost 1 a game actually) just shows how little you understand tennis. Frankly the stupidity of your posts never fails to amaze me. :shrug:

What can I say?

That you're apparently unable to disagree with people without insulting them and claiming to know more about tennis than they do?

The Dawntreader
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:13 PM
By some strange bout of irony, Caroline actually plays more aggressive on clay. Most odd, considering on faster surfaces she is so safety-conciousness and passive on the ball.

Razzano just lacks timing a lot of the time, and her technique is such that she can't bluff her shots either. So when her timing is off, her game is effectively shot.

Noctis
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Caro will be top ten if she wins The whole thing

rickxx
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Caro!Great win.Now beat Lena and win the title!

Matt01
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:45 PM
What can I say?

That you're apparently unable to disagree with people without insulting them and claiming to know more about tennis than they do?

Well, he does know more :p

Beat
Apr 18th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Virginie Wasnt Bad But Caro was determine to get a bagel :hug:

:spit: what?? virginie was absolutely terrible.