PDA

View Full Version : Why no debate allowed about Venus?

bobbynorwich
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:27 AM
I am a Venus fan, but more importantly am a tennis fan with a high respect for free speech, open debate, and better tennis. Every thread in WTF that opens a legitimate issue of debate about her is promptly closed. Every true fan recognizes her faves' strengths and weaknesses, thus is not afraid to debate them.

This tendency of some mods to shut down debate of their faves is not only offensive to free speech, it renders the WTF as little more than a boring cheering section for the mods' favorites. Not much of a business plan.

Why?

Pristine
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Don't get banned for speaking out.

No one is allowed to make threads on Venus' lack of strategy, poor forehand technique, poor serve technique, lapses of concentration, lack of fighting spirit, performance outside of grass, or any other major flaw in her game.

Golovinjured.
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:31 AM
They are just, for the most part, powerhungry. They conclude that every debate is an out of control argument and close it.

It's a discussion, let things be. :weirdo:

Cakeisgood
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:34 AM
You're all being a little drama queeny aren't you? The mods shut threads down because they get really rowdy with bashing and stuff. They do sometimes make questionable choices, but please, let's not make this a bigger deal than it really is.

Golovinjured.
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:36 AM
I love it when Venus and Serena fans turn on eachother, though. :drool:

bobbynorwich
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Don't get banned for speaking out.

No one is allowed to make threads on Venus' lack of strategy, poor forehand technique, poor serve technique, lapses of concentration, lack of fighting spirit, performance outside of grass, or any other major flaw in her game.

How many other posters have been either banned or left the WTF for expressing legitimate criticism of either Venus or Serena?

It may seem paradoxical, but although having tremendous respect for Venus' extraordinary ability and character, the immediate censorship on the WTF of any of her possible faults is so repugnant that it overrides my loyalty to her.

Isn't the purpose of an online forum to have open debate --- assuming it is respectful and intelligent?

Is there a list of other courageous posters who have also been banned for raising this objection? Please add my name to that list. In the meantime, the marketers at WTF can't add headcount visits of all the banned posters to their proposals for advertising revenue. Again, good luck with a business plan than drastically decreases the number of hits to the WTF site from all the departed and disaffected posters due to mod-based censorship.

Pristine
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I agree but things are unlikely to change. Just go with Venus is the favorite to win on any surface regardless of her previous record, form, or speed of the surface. Until she loses in the second round to a moonballer, of course.

drake3781
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Just so you know, this board is owned by an entirely different entity than WTA Tour. This board is owned by Vertical Sports. In fact they are so unlinked that WTA tour threatened to sue the owners of this board if they didn't remove "WTA" from the board's name. (Thus we have this stupid, generic URL :rolleyes: ).

hingis-seles
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:00 AM
WTF.

Haha. I love the acronym for women's tennis forum. :D

Golovinjured.
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Just realised why this isn't called www.womenstennisforums.com :haha:

bobbynorwich
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Just so you know, this board is owned by an entirely different entity than WTA Tour. This board is owned by Vertical Sports. In fact they are so unlinked that WTA tour threatened to sue the owners of this board if they didn't remove "WTA" from the board's name. (Thus we have this stupid, generic URL :rolleyes: ).

My comments were about Womens Tennis Forum (WTF) as owned by Vertical Sports and never implied a WTA connection. In that regard, Vertical Sports must show to potential advertisers the number of "hits" at each site to negotiate advertising fees --- its' only source of revenue. If biased mods discourage posters who leave because they believe that open and honest discussion is not allowed, it will depress Vertical Sports' bottom line.

Pristine
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Here on WTF, WTF things happen.

alfonsojose
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Venus sucks out of grass :shrug:

drake3781
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:13 AM
My comments were about Womens Tennis Forum (WTF) as owned by Vertical Sports and never implied a WTA connection. In that regard, Vertical Sports must show to potential advertisers the number of "hits" at each site to negotiate advertising fees --- its' only source of revenue. If biased mods discourage posters who leave because they believe that open and honest discussion is not allowed, it will depress Vertical Sports' bottom line.

Yeah, sorry I misread that as WTA. We used to call this place WTAWorld, which was a great name, but now it has no good name.

Volcana
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Every thread in WTF that opens a legitimate issue of debate about her is promptly closed.No they are not. And you know they aren't. Hundreds of threads have been opened over the years about Venus' second serve, her (past) unwillingness to leave the baseline, etc. Threads don't get closed for what is said. They get closed for how it's said.

You can open debate about tennis without offensive language. It's really not that hard. Take this postVenus sucks out of grass :shrug:You can start being insulting. Or ...

Acapulco, Dubai, YEC, Zurich .....

Venus has won four of the last seven tournaments she's played. None of them on grass. See? Open and honest debate.

~CANUCK~
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Who told you that everyone had the right to free speech on a privately owned message board? There are rules in place that everyone agrees to when they become a member here. Here's a refresher in case you have forgotten again.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=214492

We as Mods do not enjoy going around having to close threads and for the most part will not do so unless it gets out of hand. We don't even know most of the time something is wrong in a thread until people start reporting the posts in their. If some sort of action has been taken, either the thread or posts has been reported and has been deemed to have broken the rules or we notice ourselves that a rule has been broken.

All the mods at one time were just regular posters who loved tennis and loved talking about. We would not go around closing threads that had nothing wrong with it. You state that no debate is allowed about Venus, this is not true, debate is more than welcome, but starting threads in ways that you know will do nothing but piss off Venus fans or bash Venus for the sake of bashing her is not allowed.

Golovinjured.
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:32 AM
SUPER MOD :eek: When did that happen?

drake3781
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:35 AM
SUPER MOD :eek: When did that happen?

And what exactly is a Super Mod, anyway? :confused:

~CANUCK~
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:36 AM
There is an announcement showing all the new mod promotions and such, and where we are looking to fill new mod positions for certain forums.

http://www.tennisforum.com/announcement.php?f=12

Pristine
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:36 AM
A mod with more powers? :rolls:

~CANUCK~
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:44 AM
And what exactly is a Super Mod, anyway? :confused:

There are regular mods who are assigned to a specific forum. They have limited powers within their own forums. The can edit/delete posts. Move threads ect.

The super mods have mod powers for the entire message board. We also are around to handle the problems that the regular mods are not capable of handling, such a rep comment abuse. We also have the ability to ban posters.

Kart
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:52 AM
This is the second time you have posted this thread bobbynorwich.

Why is that exactly ?

Tennis Ball
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:09 AM
There are regular mods who are assigned to a specific forum. They have limited powers within their own forums. The can edit/delete posts. Move threads ect.

The super mods have mod powers for the entire message board. We also are around to handle the problems that the regular mods are not capable of handling, such a rep comment abuse. We also have the ability to ban posters.

:help: for how that is put into words

I argee with this thread.

Dawn Marie
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:09 AM
See the point is this. Mods have a job. They are delegated to close down threads that have bad behavior inside them. It just so happens that a lot of times bad behavior is displayed in certain Venus threads. There are many debates regarding Venus.

~Eclipsed~
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Maybe because a lot of posters around here don't know how to debate. Rather, they ridicule and resort to namecalling of posters who disagree with his/her opinions. Maybe if some people knew how to debate without turning the threads into cat fights, so many wouldn't be closed/deleted.

It just so happens that Venus was the topic of bashing today after her loss that resulted in numerous threads being closed/deleted. I don't think it has anything to do with her personally.

Golovinjured.
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Maybe because a lot of posters around here don't know how to debate. Rather, they ridicule and resort to namecalling of posters who disagree with his/her opinions. Maybe if some people knew how to debate without turning the threads into cat fights, so many wouldn't be closed/deleted.

It just so happens that Venus was the topic of bashing today after her loss that resulted in numerous threads being closed/deleted. I don't think it has anything to do with her personally.

Good post. :yeah:

ArturoAce.
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:34 AM
shouldn't a venus debate be in her player forum? :shrug:
i'm sick of GM being so filled up with WS related topics....and most of them are usually pointless
why don't we just discuss venus topics in the venus subforum :)

Dawn Marie
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:40 AM

on point.:wavey:

Svetlana.
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:59 AM
...debate is more than welcome, but starting threads in ways that you know will do nothing but piss off Venus fans or bash Venus for the sake of bashing her is not allowed.

Very interesting... So it's restricted to bash Venus or piss off her fans, but it's completely ok to have hundreds of threads that insult Dinara Safina!?

tennnisfannn
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:41 AM
venus has to get a free poass here. She is 28 and has been talked about to death. Whatever is there to be said has been said enough times. That and at 28 we expect her to be over the hill everything she does is gravy- she has the most titles of all active players, her compatriots are all retired or going the way of lisa raymond, mauresmo, or not making as much noise anymore. If she were 20 and losing to moonballers we would be having a fit, plus we have becoming very experienced at expecting anything and nothing form her, when she shows up on grass we sit up and pay attention then it is back to rubbishing all the non slam no.1s.

Donny
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I missed this. What happened?

Direwolf
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I am a Venus fan, but more importantly am a tennis fan with a high respect for free speech, open debate, and better tennis. Every thread in WTF that opens a legitimate issue of debate about her is promptly closed. Every true fan recognizes her faves' strengths and weaknesses, thus is not afraid to debate them.

This tendency of some mods to shut down debate of their faves is not only offensive to free speech, it renders the WTF as little more than a boring cheering section for the mods' favorites. Not much of a business plan.

Why?

surely you arent dumb enought that
DEBATE doesnt exist in this forum
full of
Serena fans who
bullbash even VENUS....

~CANUCK~
Apr 17th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Very interesting... So it's restricted to bash Venus or piss off her fans, but it's completely ok to have hundreds of threads that insult Dinara Safina!?

Please point out the 100's of threads that are bashing Dinara. Like I said there is a difference between criticizing and being just down right rude. If you currently look on GM there are threads clearly stating that Venus hasn't done anything on clay for the past 8 years. Its still open and running because the discussion wasn't started in a hateful way. It was opened with stating clear facts. When threads get opened with the opening lines of Venus lost to Serena in Miami because it was a family decision you better be sure that is going to be closed.

Some posters need to learn that just because you don't agree with what is being posted doesn't mean what is being posted is breaking the rules. There are no rules stating that all we all have to get along and hold hands and sing songs together. We all have our favs and people will dislike and there will be times where people post things that you will find offensive just because its about your fav. It's up to the mods to decide when those posts go to far and what action needs to be taken.

darrinbaker00
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:13 AM
venus has to get a free poass here. She is 28 and has been talked about to death. Whatever is there to be said has been said enough times. That and at 28 we expect her to be over the hill everything she does is gravy- she has the most titles of all active players, her compatriots are all retired or going the way of lisa raymond, mauresmo, or not making as much noise anymore. If she were 20 and losing to moonballers we would be having a fit, plus we have becoming very experienced at expecting anything and nothing form her, when she shows up on grass we sit up and pay attention then it is back to rubbishing all the non slam no.1s.
I thought Queen Elizabeth was the only person who referred to herself as "we." Obviously, I was wrong.

I don't know when this whole "28 is old for a tennis player" nonsense started, but it's past time for it to stop. I don't care who you are or what you do, 28 years of age is young. Period. If Venus takes care of herself, she should be able to play elite-level tennis for at least the next four years. Please stop making excuses for her.

Marshmallow
Apr 17th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Which threads were closed? What was the topic of debate?

But in any case, do you think the 2/3 months span you've been a member here, is a long enough time to be making these sort of general claims about forum / moderation tendencies? [http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=376506]

Marshmallow
Apr 17th, 2009, 10:07 AM
No they are not. And you know they aren't. Hundreds of threads have been opened over the years about Venus' second serve, her (past) unwillingness to leave the baseline, etc. Threads don't get closed for what is said. They get closed for how it's said.

You can open debate about tennis without offensive language. It's really not that hard. Take this postYou can start being insulting. Or ...

Venus has won four of the last seven tournaments she's played. None of them on grass. See? Open and honest debate.

And co-sign.

Malva
Apr 17th, 2009, 02:44 PM

I concur. I appreciate moderators' intentions, I appreciate how difficult their job may be. I just ask that they really pay closer attention to filthy posts that some other players, and Safina has been a very good example recently, are subjected to on a regular basis.

We all have our favs and people will dislike and there will be times where people post things that you will find offensive just because its about your fav. It's up to the mods to decide when those posts go to far and what action needs to be taken.

I find some posts filthy and abusive not because their target is my favorite but because they are filthy and abusive -- whoever may be the target.

Inger67
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Venus sucks out of grass :shrug:

Okay say she has a poor technique, say she doesn't have a killer instinct, but don't say she sucks outside of grass. Frankly she wouldn't be regarded as one of the all time greats if she is not one of the best tennis players around. Out of her 41 titles, only 5 are on grass. So I don't think a person could have 36 titles on hard, carpet, and clay if they "suck". :rolleyes:

volta
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:48 PM
is it like the same kind of debate that we can expect when you talk about Serena?

i'm sure that debate is not really what would happen on those threads (as usual) and if ppl really are THAT concerned about her and her game then they can always DEBATE whats wrong with her on her subforum along with the rest of us her fans

Inger67
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:54 PM
And another thing, why is this being all brought upon Venus and her fans? There are plenty of other people out there that get hostile when their favorites lose. It is wrong and insulting to stereotype her fans to be the "harsh, ridiculing, and bashing" people that not all of us are. Seriously, when you start a discussion it is best not to back people in a corner or insult them, because that is when they feel like they have to retaliate and more often than not it won't be nice.

CoolDude7
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I am glad the mods delete non-sense threads. Thank you! Venus already has many threads like that in GM... She has the hot mess thread(that really should be in players forum) She has countless can't play off grass threads... at almost 29, anyone that expects her to win every match on clay(in which you have to be a backboard)should know better by this point.

Safina has that thread on being number 1 AS DID ALL THE NUMBER 1 PLAYERS WITHOUT A SLAM. Although I agree, that thread isn't needed either.

FoxyliciousKhat
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:57 PM
No they are not. And you know they aren't. Hundreds of threads have been opened over the years about Venus' second serve, her (past) unwillingness to leave the baseline, etc. Threads don't get closed for what is said. They get closed for how it's said.

You can open debate about tennis without offensive language. It's really not that hard. Take this postYou can start being insulting. Or ...

Co-sign

Foxy

miffedmax
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I thought Queen Elizabeth was the only person who referred to herself as "we." Obviously, I was wrong.

I don't know when this whole "28 is old for a tennis player" nonsense started, but it's past time for it to stop. I don't care who you are or what you do, 28 years of age is young. Period. If Venus takes care of herself, she should be able to play elite-level tennis for at least the next four years. Please stop making excuses for her.

Well, to the original point of this thread, Darrin, you and I have had numerous debates about the merits of Vee's legs vs. Dementieva's legs, and those threads have never been closed.

Of course, we usually have them to relieve the tedium of one of samsung's political threads...

sammy01
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:09 PM
the only thing that pisses me off about commenting on venus or serena, is the random attack on my favourite, the amount of time i've read 'yeah well chakvetadze sucks' or get bad reps like 'you're just bitter because chaks crap' that just pisses me off. apperently i cant have a say on venus or serena because my favourite players form dictates my opinions weight and legitimacey.

MyskinaManiac
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:12 PM

Oh yes they are. I had one of my very own closed yesterday. And wouldn't you know, it was about Venus Williams.

Let's be fair "moderators" and "admin", you delete and censor peoples post all the time for whatever reasons... and you do it on an inconsistent basis. Certain fan bases spill obscenities in threads, but admin and moderators alike die a little on the inside when freedom of speech is exercised in a respectful and civilised manner (perhaps in retaliation to their favs being on the receiving end)

I clearly see several bias and moronic trolls represent 'authority' on this board and I can firmly say that it has ruined my week!

The admin seriously need to consider either stepping aside or getting new mods.

FoxyliciousKhat
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:35 PM
the only thing that pisses me off about commenting on venus or serena, is the random attack on my favourite, the amount of time i've read 'yeah well chakvetadze sucks' or get bad reps like 'you're just bitter because chaks crap' that just pisses me off. apperently i cant have a say on venus or serena because my favourite players form dictates my opinions weight and legitimacey.

To this I fully understand and I have never advocated it. Still I find on this and other forums people's outright gloating of a loss by Venus and or Serena really over the top. IW and Miami with the early loses of Elena, JJ et al did not generate as much threads/posts as this loss of Venus, and Serena last week. It is like people are bunch of infants seeking attention. Don't get me wrong some Ree/Vee fans are no saints and it pains me to see the stuff they sling at others. So unnecessary just because we are fans of someone who is more accomplished don't mean we have to bring down others.

Venus lost yesterday on what is one of her worst surfaces and the thread within five minutes of her loss was filled with obvious gloaters and people knocking her and saying she is useless outside of Grass... I guess her other wins on other surfaces than grass last year and earlier this year were imagined.

What I find more disheartening is the Serena fans who were suddenly fans Sabine, but it is what it is... I'm more a fan of Venus, Serena is probably not even my second favorite but I would never turn on her like some fans of hers turn on Venus... Again it is what it is.

Anyway my point is I think often times when threads are locked is because some posters cannot rationally debate realistically on the topic. Most show up in thread with their hate filled one liners and you immediately know their agenda it not to lend any relevance to the thread but to incite, entice and cause contention. If I don't like a player I often don't go into a thread if they've been upset, except maybe to say sorry to their fans and then I'm gone. If its a positive and they win if I'm not happy I stay away and let their fans have their moment. My thinking is I know my faves are not immune to upsets and as such I think it is stupid to gloat when a non fave loses because, my fave turn could be next.

BTW WS fanbase are not the only ones who are guilty of what you stated

Foxy

volta
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:35 PM

and of course that's only from the Williams fanbase
To this I fully understand and I have never advocated it. Still I find on this and other forums people's outright gloating of a loss by Venus and or Serena really over the top. IW and Miami with the early loses of Elena, JJ et al did not generate as much threads/post as this lost of Venus, and Serena last week. It is like people are bunch of infants seeking attention. Don't get me wrong some Ree/Vee fans are no saints and it pains me to see the stuff they sling at others. So unnecessary just because we are fans of someone who is more accomplished don't mean we have to bring down others.

Venus lost yesterday on what is one of her worst surfaces and the thread within five minutes of her loss was filled with obvious gloaters and people knocking her and saying she is useless outside of Grass... I guess her other wins on other surfaces than grass last year and earlier this year were imagined.

What I find more disheartening is the Serena fans who were suddenly fans Sabine, but it is what it is... I'm more a fan of Venus, Serena is probably not even my second favorite but I would never turn on her like some fans of hers turn on Venus... Again it is what it is.

Anyway my point is I think often times when threads are locked is because some posters cannot rationally debate realistically on the topic. Most show up in thread with their hate filled one liners and you immediately know their agenda it not to lend any relevance to the thread but to incite, entice and cause contention. If I don't like a player I often don't go into a thread if they've been upset, except maybe to say sorry to their fans and then I'm gone. If its a positive and they win if I'm not happy I stay away and let their fans have their moment. My think is I know my faves are not immune to upsets and as such I think it is stupid to gloat when a non fave losing because, my fave turn could be next.

Foxy
:yeah:

Kart
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Oh yes they are. I had one of my very own closed yesterday. And wouldn't you know, it was about Venus Williams.

Let's be fair "moderators" and "admin", you delete and censor peoples post all the time for whatever reasons... and you do it on an inconsistent basis. Certain fan bases spill obscenities in threads, but admin and moderators alike die a little on the inside when freedom of speech is exercised in a respectful and civilised manner (perhaps in retaliation to their favs being on the receiving end)

I clearly see several bias and moronic trolls represent 'authority' on this board and I can firmly say that it has ruined my week!

Well if you want to be fair, let's start with being honest.

Your thread was about Williams fans and not about Venus. There's a clear rule at the top of this forum asking posters not to start threads deliberately aimed at picking fights with other fans. I hardly think that opening a thread accusing a group of fans of 'whining, kicking and bitching' and inviting them to bad rep you is exercising your freedom of speech in a respectful and civilised manner.

Seems to me you ruined your own week.

Though regarding your last point, actually both things you have suggested are happening. Read the announcement at the top of the page. When everything is in place, I plan on taking a back seat myself as one of my colleagues has recently done.

I guess that will spell an end to you all being oppressed so there's something for you to look forward to.

Miss Amor
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:51 PM

E-week? Cyber living at its best :yeah:

Marshmallow
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:51 PM

:spit: Events on a tennis board ruined your week? That's about as sad and tired as your thread that was closed: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=376474

That is clearly NOT a discussion thread or debate topic about Venus Williams.

Sometimes I think this board is gonna turn to dust when the sisters retire and in the event that their fans leave. Who else is going to give life to these attention starved compulsive victims, who run into thread and passive-aggresively create drama, just so they can "seek help" against those big bad Williams fans.

Marshmallow
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM

Your thread was about Williams fans and not about Venus. There's a clear rule at the top of this forum asking posters not to start threads deliberately aimed at picking fights with other fans. I hardly think that opening a thread accusing a group of fans of 'whining, kicking and bitching' and inviting them to bad rep you is exercising your freedom of speech in a respectful and civilised manner.

Though regarding your last point, actually both things you have suggested are happening. Read the announcement at the top of the page. When everything is in place, I plan on taking a back seat myself as one of my colleagues has recently done.

I guess that will spell an end to you all being oppressed so there's something for you to look forward to.

:inlove: Took the words right out of my mouth. It's nice to have a real man about the place :lol:

Marshmallow
Apr 17th, 2009, 05:57 PM
To this I fully understand and I have never advocated it. Still I find on this and other forums people's outright gloating of a loss by Venus and or Serena really over the top. IW and Miami with the early loses of Elena, JJ et al did not generate as much threads/posts as this loss of Venus, and Serena last week. It is like people are bunch of infants seeking attention. Don't get me wrong some Ree/Vee fans are no saints and it pains me to see the stuff they sling at others. So unnecessary just because we are fans of someone who is more accomplished don't mean we have to bring down others.

Anyway my point is I think often times when threads are locked is because some posters cannot rationally debate realistically on the topic. Most show up in thread with their hate filled one liners and you immediately know their agenda it not to lend any relevance to the thread but to incite, entice and cause contention. If I don't like a player I often don't go into a thread if they've been upset, except maybe to say sorry to their fans and then I'm gone. If its a positive and they win if I'm not happy I stay away and let their fans have their moment. My think is I know my faves are not immune to upsets and as such I think it is stupid to gloat when a non fave losing because, my fave turn could be next.

BTW WS fanbase are not the only ones who are guilty of what you stated

Foxy

Foxy :worship: Well said.

MyskinaManiac
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:14 PM

I would have thought me using a recent example of a particular fan of Venus Williams abusing another poster would have made my intentions clear. Your interpretation of GM's rules seem to be slightly different to mine; perhaps you wrote them, it means little. However, bullying from certain Williams fans, particularly Venus fans in light of recent events in her career is an issue you still struggle to tackle/grasp.

:spit: Events on a tennis board ruined your week? That's about as sad and tired as your thread that was closed: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=376474

Sometimes I think this board is gonna turn to dust when the sisters retire and in the event that their fans leave. Who else is going to give life to these attention starved compulsive victims, who run into thread and passive-aggresively create drama, just so they can "seek help" against those big bad Williams fans.

You're the kind of person that ruins boards like this. Seems as though you appear to be educated in all things sarcasm and unintelligible dribble, perhaps you can enlighten me with your ideas on the topic of conflict resolution when one poster tells another to "Get fucked" for no apparent reason.

Kart
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I would have thought me using a recent example of a particular fan of Venus Williams abusing another poster would have made my intentions clear. Your interpretation of GM's rules seem to be slightly different to mine; perhaps you wrote them, it means little. However, bullying from certain Williams fans, particularly Venus fans in light of recent events in her career is an issue you still struggle to tackle/grasp.

That is a weak reply at best. You interpret the rules, I clarify them.

The only thing that was clear about your thread was that it was not in accordance with published forum policy for the reasons I've already stated.

I don't read every post on this forum. I am however drawn to the ones that are reported - unsurprisingly, yours was.

If you see what you consider 'bullying' on this forum then consult the site rules / FAQ section on this board as to what is considered to be harrassment by the administration.

Then follow the appropriate course of action.

I don't think that's too difficult to grasp.

MyskinaManiac
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Please don't patronise me.

It's rather obvious that this is getting me no where.

Rocketta
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Don't be fooled, Kart's not going anywhere! :angel:

Kart
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Please don't patronise me.

It's rather obvious that this is getting me no where.

I'm not patronising you any more than you are me.

MyskinaManiac
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I'm not patronising you any more than you are me.

I'm tired...

You sunk my battleship.

Vlover
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Out of her 41 titles, only 5 are on grass. So I don't think a person could have 36 titles on hard, carpet, and clay if they "suck". :rolleyes:
Clearly the members of the Venus envy club are just wishing and praying that she actually sucks in order to save their sanity.;) In any case what does it say about their faves that a 29 yr old Venus that "sucks" is still has the potential to do better than majority of younger players.

When the life blood has been removed there will be sudden death indeed. If some think women tennis is boring now, I can't imagine what it will be like then.:tape: How many exciting threads can one make every day on who is more "beautiful"?:help:

дalex
Apr 17th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Oooh, this thread's been surprisingly helpful to me.

sammy01
Apr 17th, 2009, 07:57 PM
and of course that's only from the Williams fanbase

yes it mainly is, id say 90% of my bad reps are williams fans, and 75% say something nasty about myself or chak. uranium went through a stage of bad repping me every week saying something about chak.

it says it all, that to my knowledge, the only fanbase on tennisforum that had a thread for posters to decide which posters they dislike based on them not being williams fans is serena's fans.

kiwifan
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Sometimes I think this board is gonna turn to dust when the sisters retire and in the event that their fans leave. Who else is going to give life to these attention starved compulsive victims, who run into thread and passive-aggresively create drama, just so they can "seek help" against those big bad Williams fans.:yeah: like this one...

yes it mainly is, id say 90% of my bad reps are williams fans, and 75% say something nasty about myself or chak. uranium went through a stage of bad repping me every week saying something about chak.

You constantly harass the Williams fanbase, in thread after thread, that's why you get bad reps. :cuckoo:

I barely follow your posts and I know that you lose your shit every time somebody says something about Chak - so I would imagine that would be the natural result of your "troll-work" :tape:

That's like me being mad at a Lion for attacking me after I throw rocks at it. :weirdo:

Pristine
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:34 PM

it says it all, that to my knowledge, the only fanbase on tennisforum that had a thread for posters to decide which posters they dislike based on them not being williams fans is serena's fans.

Uranium and Infiniti have already badrepped me about making logical threads about Venus. :weirdo:

Infinti even told me to "STFU."

Uranium
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Uranium and Infiniti have already badrepped me about making logical threads about Venus. :weirdo:

I bad repped you for bad repping me.:devil:

Serenita
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:39 PM
pointless thread....again..so whats new in lalala land?

spencercarlos
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:44 PM

Get used to those childish reps from Inifitty, it can´t help himself.

spencercarlos
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:44 PM

Infinnity seems to enjoy repping everybody around so he can bad rep me again time and time :lol: Im so bothered by that :lol:

darrinbaker00
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Well, to the original point of this thread, Darrin, you and I have had numerous debates about the merits of Vee's legs vs. Dementieva's legs, and those threads have never been closed.

Of course, we usually have them to relieve the tedium of one of samsung's political threads...
Venus' legs..... :worship:
Dementieva's legs..... :bowdown:

Cold shower time.....

sammy01
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:50 PM
:yeah: like this one...

You constantly harass the Williams fanbase, in thread after thread, that's why you get bad reps. :cuckoo:

I barely follow your posts and I know that you lose your shit every time somebody says something about Chak - so I would imagine that would be the natural result of your "troll-work" :tape:

That's like me being mad at a Lion for attacking me after I throw rocks at it. :weirdo:

for saying you barely follow my posts you seem to have formed several opinions about me lmao.

seems im not the only as posts above show.

miffedmax
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Venus' legs..... :worship:
Dementieva's legs..... :bowdown:

Cold shower time.....

There you go again...

It's...

Dementieva's legs....:worship:
Venus' legs.....:bowdown:

I'll concede the part about the cold shower...

Matt01
That infinity-troll loves badrepping me as well. You don't even want to know what kind of nasty, disgusting things it has already thrown towards me :scared:

-Sonic-
Ok this thread is about done I think.

Pristine
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Get used to those childish reps from Inifitty, it canīt help himself.

Infinnity seems to enjoy repping everybody around so he can bad rep me again time and time :lol: Im so bothered by that :lol:

Now, I know. The only bad reps I have gotten have been from Venus fans.