PDA

View Full Version : Flavias problems

capt321
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Can someone please tell me whats going on with Flavias game? She's had favorable draws,seeding and some unfortunate losses by higher ranked seeds in some events to make decent runs but did not capitalize.Barcelona,her 1/2 of the draw at Indian Wells, Bogota,Horbart perfect examples. Please enlighten me.

thetennistimes
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:34 PM
She doesnt seem in form lately. She needs a bit of a break I think. Plus her style of game is getting just over powered now by big hitters.

bertoltbrecht
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:45 PM
She hasn't played Venus in a match that really matters.

jjcrew#1
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:47 PM
probably just a little slump i am sure she will be okay :bounce:

joćo.
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Flavia :sad:

Protoss
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Maybe it's the Italian top 10 curse. :p

switz
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Flavia has always struggled with consistency. Her goal this year has to be to solidify her position in the top 20 and then make a climb towards the top 10. As much as I like her she has to make some big improvements to achieve that goal.

Josh.
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I Just hope she decides to play before she has to defend all those points later in the year. :lol:

Zamboni
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I Just hope she decides to play before she has to defend all those points later in the year. :lol:
:lol: I know:help:

She doesn't usually start the year well, but normally her game picks up in South America. This year that trip was quite bad:tape:

No idea what's going on with her though. It doesn't seem like anything is wrong with her. Maybe that foot injury is bothering her a little (a little setback in movement makes a huge change in her game) but it really didn't seem so serious, so I doubt it.
She probably just has problems to find her game, and to adjust to her new situation (it's quite different for her now than early in 2008). I still firmly believe she'll come up with a good tournament or 2 at some time we don't expect it anymore.