Apr 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Losing to Schiavone :help:
Have to start beating mediocre players now, Nicole

Petkorazzi
Francesca :bowdown: Great match :aparty:

Sexysova
since second game Nicole couldn't hold her serve, just incredible inconsistency, in first match 7 aces and almost no pts lost and now almost no pts won.. fuck off!!

darkangel23
Only 5/26 2nd serves won :help:

And held serve ONCE in the match :o

Petkorazzi
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:02 PM
And then you say you're not biased? You seem to be around to bash every single person that says something negative on Nicole, yet you just bash Francesca now cause she owned your favourite. :shrug:

ElusiveChanteuse
:tape: Nicole :rolleyes:

TheBoiledEgg
thats just pathetic Nicole :help: :o

Nikkiri
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Nicole http://i41.tinypic.com/2193pes.gif

Sexysova
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:04 PM
WTF is going on? I will never understand that, she serves so well in R1 and now this? I can't believe it, can anybody explain? :sobbing:

Craigy
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Nicole http://i41.tinypic.com/2193pes.gif

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ai1nkg.jpg

Temperenka
And then you say you're not biased? You seem to be around to bash every single person that says something negative on Nicole, yet you just bash Francesca now cause she owned your favourite. :shrug:

People seem to forget that Nicole is a top 10 player when her game is on.

Schiavone is maybe a top 30 player when her game is on.

Nicole should be winning matches like this, even during her "recovery"

And when have I bashed anyone that says something negative about Nicole? :confused:

Andreas
Francesca :worship::D

Elwin.
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Nicole is so unconsistent :o
OK, Schiavone definetly is a better opponent then Savranskra but it seems Nic still hasn't got her shit together :sad:

Fran :yeah:

hablo
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:08 PM
just retire :help:

"just retire"?

How old is she again? :tape:

Andreas
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:10 PM

And when have I bashed anyone that says something negative about Nicole? :confused:

When Francesca's game was on, she could beat Justine Henin. Her highest ranking in 11, so you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Nicole can't beat anyone who isn't just bashing the ball around. She is not back and it is going to be a while before she will be.

joão.
:sad:

Craig.
:spit:

Princeza
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:11 PM
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/images/bizphotos/435x290/200901/12/39447.jpg

Kovalchuk
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:12 PM
this is clay

G&R
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:14 PM
well done francesca

Mynarco
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Vaidisova should play ITF.

Just Do It
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Nicole :tape: losing to Schiavone who got dismantled by JJ last week like this ? :sobbing:

Lulu.
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Nicole. :hug:

Congrats Francesca. :)

MBM
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:21 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeees!
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
[jumping Around Room]
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

pwayne
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Seems like Nicole takes one step forward then one step back again. Congrats Fran for rebounding after losing to Jelena in Marbella

pwayne
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Good bounce back week for Francesca

allrounder
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Nicole :o

Your serve is supposed to be your strength :(

adrovi
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:27 PM
:tape::tape:

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Never in doubt.

Petkorazzi
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
:yawn:

For some she may be a top 10 player, for some not. She hasn't proven that she can be a steady top 10 player yet.

WTF is going on? I will never understand that, she serves so well in R1 and now this? I can't believe it, can anybody explain? :sobbing:

If you think Savranska's and Schiavone's returns are of same quality, then...

When Francesca's game was on, she could beat Justine Henin. Her highest ranking in 11, so you obviously don't know what you are talking about. Nicole can't beat anyone who isn't just bashing the ball around. She is not back and it is going to be a while before she will be.

:worship: Well said.

Legend1
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Fran :worship: :hearts:

AnywhereButHome
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Nicole :( what was that?? :(

Bounty Hunter
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:45 PM
:hysteric:

améliemomo
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:56 PM
ouch

debby
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Vaidisova can be a top 10 player, so does Schiavone.
She is not top 30 quality but top 10, I am sorry, she can be really scary at her best, ask Justine Henin who, at her worst (and I don't think so, she was OK during this match), still played much better than Vaidisova's current level of play.

Also, watch Schiavone at Fed Cup matches, she can play really good.

When I saw the draw, I thought the worst opponents for Nicole were Schiavone and Suarez-Navarro (she would have driven Nicole crazy :tape: ) and Schiavone was gonna play her in second round... Oh well.

I am not disappointed by her loss but by the scoreline. Only five games ? Still a lot of work...

Her losses this season (:tape: ) :

Auckland : l. to E.VESNINA 6-4 6-3 (second round)
Hobart : l. to M.SANTANGELO 6-1 6-1 (first round)
Australian Open : l. to S.BREMOND 6-2 6-1 (first round)
Paris Gaz de France : l. to E.LOIT 6-1 6-4 (first round)
Indian Wells : l. to J.CRAYBAS 6-4 6-3 (third round)
Miami : l. to S.KUZNETSOVA 6-1 6-4 (third round)
Marbella : l. to R.VINCI 6-3 6-3 (second round)
Barcelone : l. to F.SCHIAVONE 6-2 6-3 (second round)

When Nicole will be fight losing, I would consider that as a step in her comeback.

Effy
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:03 PM

posters like you with such comments are......(no comments)

------

Nicole :hug:

Fran :cool:

Effy
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:05 PM

you obviously dont know anything about Fran :lol:

Sexysova
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:19 PM

well, rather shut up, it's not true at all :o

Andreas
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:21 PM

Obviously, that's the state she's in now. Clear losses to players like Santangelo, Vinci, Schiavone this year. They all play with variety.

Craig.
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:22 PM

Can you stop telling people to shut up when they're just stating the truth? :rolls:

Sexysova
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Obviously, that's the state she's in now. Clear losses to players like Santangelo, Vinci, Schiavone this year. They all play with variety.

don't count Santangelo and she's a ballbasher imo..

Vinci played great in Marbella and continues playing like that here, she destroyed Pennetta and Nicole still lost the match herself, she's like she can't serve well two matches in a row.. that's the problem.. she always beats herself.. Schiavone is not in a good form, she was pathetic against JJ in Marbella so I don't believe she overplayed Nicole, Nicole beat herself again.. I don't want to say there're not better players than Nicole..

Sexysova
Can you stop telling people to shut up when they're just stating the truth? :rolls:

if you think it's true then shut up :lol:

Kerber is not ballbasher, A.Bondarenko is not ballbasher, doubt Mayr is ballbasher etc etc etc..

Just Do It
Auckland : l. to E.VESNINA 6-4 6-3 (second round)
Hobart : l. to M.SANTANGELO 6-1 6-1 (first round)
Australian Open : l. to S.BREMOND 6-2 6-1 (first round)
Paris Gaz de France : l. to E.LOIT 6-1 6-4 (first round)
Indian Wells : l. to J.CRAYBAS 6-4 6-3 (third round)
Miami : l. to S.KUZNETSOVA 6-1 6-4 (third round)
Marbella : l. to R.VINCI 6-3 6-3 (second round)
Barcelone : l. to F.SCHIAVONE 6-2 6-3 (second round)

Holy crap. Well, at least she had reached 3rd round in Miami and IW.

Michaelz
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:24 PM
well done Fran:yeah:

Edith09
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I know that Schiavone is not bad player, but just 5 games and only one service game won by Nicole :o ....I am not sure if this is improvement.

debby
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:28 PM

Vinci played great in Marbella and continues playing like that here, she destroyed Pennetta and Nicole still lost the match herself, she's like she can't serve well two matches in a row.. that's the problem.. she always beats herself.. Schiavone is not in a good form, she was pathetic against JJ in Marbella so I don't believe she overplayed Nicole, Nicole beat herself again.. I don't want to say there're not better players than Nicole..

Maybe she doesn't serve well AT ALL? :confused:

The percentage of first serves means NOTHING.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Expected win

Beat
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM

like that was any kind of surprise. :rolleyes:

keep it up, francesca :yeah:

FERLKE
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Well done Fran :cool:

Robotsova :angel::lol:

Michaelz
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:34 PM

:help::help:
no comment

Sexysova
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Maybe she doesn't serve well AT ALL? :confused:

The percentage of first serves means NOTHING.

well Nicole served 7 aces and only 1 df in R1, now absolute opposite :help:

cn ireland
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Nicole:sad:!

Not quite back yet:(!

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:31 PM

The thing you simply don't get is that Schiavone is a class player, Savranska is not. Right now Vaidisova is not either. You can argue this and say she is just inconsistent but the truth is she is not inconsistent. She is actually very consistent.

When Nicole plays mediocre players, ranked outside the top 60, she wins some, she loses some. Against players ranked outside the top 60 since Wimbledon she has won 7 matches and lost 8.

When Nicole plays reasonably good players, i.e. those within the top 60 then the result is rather more straight forward. She loses. Against players ranked in the top 60 since Wimbledon, Vaidisova has lost 7 matches, she has won just two, both against Alona Bondarenko. Bottomline....when Vaidisova plays a top 60 player not named Alona Bondarenko she loses. Plain and simple. Simple fact, every single player who Vaidisova has beaten this year has been in very poor form or has yet to demostrate that they can play to a top 100 standard. The only possible exception would be Michaela Krajicek. Nothing Vaidisova has done this year has shown any real indication she is heading back to playing to a top 50 standard.

cherboy
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Losing to Francesca in these days is awful!!!

I'm so sorry for Nicole... She's SOOOOOO talented... but has a mental problem!!! hope she recover soon!!!

FORZA SARITA
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:42 PM
yay Francesca :bounce:

just retire :help:

omg you're so pathetic :haha:

after a win: :woohoo: nicole is baaaaaaaaaaaaack1!111!11!1
after a loss: nicole you suckkkkkkkk,retireeeeeeee

:weirdo:

FORZA SARITA
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:47 PM

since when Mara is a ballbasher?:spit::haha::help:

pav
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:51 PM
It isn't good that when Nicole seems to be climbing back up she misses a rung again, but Franny is never to be dissmissed., always a scrapper!

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:04 PM
since when Mara is a ballbasher?:spit::haha::help:

Really. :lol:

A Vaidisova fan calling Mara a ballbasher. :haha: What next? :shrug:

Effy
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:11 PM
:lol:

Sexysova
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I don't know if Santangelo is ballbasher, not sure, I think I saw her play only once but she has definitely awful if I remember well.. her strokes are awful..

FORZA SARITA
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I don't know if Santangelo is ballbasher, not sure, I think I saw her play only once but she has definitely awful if I remember well.. her strokes are awful..

good enough to defeat Nicole 61 61 :lol:

Sexysova
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:22 PM
yeah Nicole won two games though she tanked the match, pretty good :yeah: :lol:

debby
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:23 PM

Please Schiavone has played much more top class players (in service wise a la Serena, Henin, Sharapova) than Savranska ... Get it ? Who is Savranska? :confused: did she get to #11 ?

Petkorazzi
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Top players fight till the end and don't tank the very first match of the year. :bigwave:

FORZA SARITA
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:25 PM

always the same excuse :lol:

Sexysova
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:27 PM
when did I say that excuse? :spit: Nicole didn't play really at all, you should see her matches, e.g. against Loit in Paris, she didn't care at all :spit: that's how she played in Hobart and AO, do u think she could win only 5 games in two matches if she would fight? wake up :o

period, I won't post here anymore, it just makes no sense to discuss with you because you're Nicole's haters and are not objective, maybe I'm biased but I don't think so.. and it doesn't matter if Savranska is #56565656565 or #5 because Nicole served way better than against Schiavone, get a brain if you have a different opinion :weirdo:

FORZA SARITA
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:30 PM
when did I say that excuse? :spit: Nicole didn't play really at all, you should see her matches, e.g. against Loit in Paris, she didn't care at all :spit: that's how she played in Hobart and AO, do u think she could win only 5 games in two matches if she would fight? wake up :o

period, I won't post here anymore, it just makes no sense to discuss with you because you're Nicole's haters and are not objective, maybe I'm biased but I don't think so.. and it doesn't matter if Savranska is #56565656565 or #5 because Nicole served way better than against Schiavone, get a brain if you have a different opinion :weirdo:

:haha: PERIOD.

Craig.
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM
yay Francesca :bounce:

omg you're so pathetic :haha:

after a win: :woohoo: nicole is baaaaaaaaaaaaack1!111!11!1
after a loss: nicole you suckkkkkkkk,retireeeeeeee

:weirdo:

:lol: Exactly.

Costanza
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:33 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2z70jrp.jpg

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:35 PM

When Vaidisova beats a quality inform top 50 player I will be the 1st to congratulate her. Okay? Quite honestly I don't see any sign of it happening in the near future however. :shrug:

Try to understand, the quality of an opponent does greatly influence a players serving stats. If Vaidisova played me, she would probably hit 40 or 50 aces, but it wouldn't mean she was playing awesome unbeatable tennis.

Joana
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Some of the posts remind of Kournikova's last days on tour.
She wins a match: "OMG, she's totally back, she's going to win a title THIS WEEK, you'll see whhaaaaa".
She loses: "OMG Anna you suck, it's never going to change, what are you doing whaaaaaaaaa".

Vaidisova hasn't played top 10 tennis for a very, very long time. A win against Savranska does not mean she's back, neither does the loss to Schiavone mean that she should call it a career.

VIKA?
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Nicole:sobbing:

M-K
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Ugh.

nevetssllim
Apr 16th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Well done Franny! Win the title now, please!

Nicole :hug: and :rolleyes:

It's a good job I didn't put money on this match 'cos I would have picked Vaidisova :help:

améliemomo
Apr 16th, 2009, 09:30 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

jjcrew#1
Apr 16th, 2009, 09:45 PM
O nicole :help:

Jose.
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:27 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2ai1nkg.jpg

OMG :tape: but funny :rolls:

Nicole :rolleyes: I miss you :sobbing:

Lapin
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Well done Francesca!! :bigclap:

Temperenka
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:03 PM
"Losing to Schiavone :help:
Have to start beating mediocre players now, Nicole"

"People seem to forget that Nicole is a top 10 player when her game is on.
Nicole should be winning matches like this, even during her "recovery""

I'm sorry to anyone my comments offended. I truly did not know much about Schiavone. To my surprise, she was #11 in the world and has a handful of good wins. Clay also seems to be her best surface (correct me if I'm wrong). I was upset because I think this match should have been closer. Neither are in good form and both have similar career highs and abilities (#7, #11, etc.) and both can play on clay (yes, Nicole can play on clay (RG 06)). Nicole has become much steadier in early round matches, but the minute she has to play a Top 50 player, she gets exposed and destroyed. I will take that over getting destroyed first round any day, but still I think she needs to start playing matches like this one much more competitively. Sorry about my earlier comments, I was just pissed off.
Congrats to Schiavone, btw.. she obviously must have played well. Good luck in the next round.

switz
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:37 AM

pfff. Schiavone on clay with her game on is much better than top 30. She has been ranked 11 in the world and has made the quarters of Roland Garros for goodness sakes.

switz
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:39 AM
alright well i just saw your post above. good to see you can at least acknowledge your mistakes.

debby
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:41 AM

Please, shut up, you don't give a good image of us (Nicole fans) at all :tape:

slamchamp
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Vaidisova you're caca lately

frenchie
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Vaidisova you're caca lately

is it the french word you just used??:lol:

iPatty
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:07 AM
These Vaidisova "fans" who tell the haters to suck it and claim that Nicole is BAAAAACK when she wins and tell her to retire and stop tanking when she loses are really getting on my nerves. I guess it's not fair to say "fans"; "fan" will do just fine and I think we all know who I am referring to.

Expected victory for Schiavone, honestly. How could anyone think otherwise?

Derek.
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Wow. :o

Dav.
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:39 AM
These Vaidisova "fans" who tell the haters to suck it and claim that Nicole is BAAAAACK when she wins and tell her to retire and stop tanking when she loses are really getting on my nerves. I guess it's not fair to say "fans"; "fan" will do just fine and I think we all know who I am referring to.

madlove
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:40 AM
...and the slump continues. pfft. i'm giving up on her.

Spiritof42
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Why do so many of the Vaidisova threads posted in GM quickly degenerate into flame wars?

(No need to answer. It was a rhetorical question.)

jjlove
Apr 17th, 2009, 10:43 AM
The problem with Vaidisova is that right now she doesn't give a shit about tennis. The first thing she did after stepping a foot in Barcelona was to go out partying :tape: Besides she cannot put two balls in straight (at least in the match against Francesca). First she needs to focus on tennis and then we will see if she can put the slump behind, so far no signs of it.

Beat
Apr 17th, 2009, 10:47 AM
period, I won't post here anymore, it just makes no sense to discuss with you because you're Nicole's haters and are not objective, maybe I'm biased but I don't think so..

post of the century :help:

hands up who thinks sexysova has become the most annoying poster on tennisforum at record speed.

Craigy
Apr 17th, 2009, 11:05 AM

Hopefully that fan will read this.