PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova update from reliable source

womensrights
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I spoke to a friend of mine today and shes pretty good friends with Marias coach michael joyce. He told her that Maria is feeling very good but that they are taking their time coming back because hes worried about her starting back on the clay. he said the conditions are much heavier and to play consecutive days on the clay in the cold is not ideal conditions for the shoulder.He also said that the french open will probably be her first tournament back because the balls are lighter and she can get a day off in between matches.She might possibly play a small tournament the week before to get some matches.He alo said that coming back will be tough and doesn't want her to feel any pressure and work towards feeling her best during the summer hard court season.He also said that they are frustrated because its taken longer than the doctors first said but that there is no doubt that she will be back and that hes very impressed by how she has handled the whole situation. He also said shes only 21 and has many more years to play and her future is more important than rushing back .He alo told her that coming back from shoulder surgery is very tough and that the constant rehab has been very gruling on both of them ,but he said Maria is one of the toughest people he knows and that if anyone will come back stronger its her. anyway thought i'd share my info with all of you counting the days to her return just like I am.

cyannnnn
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
ok thanks for the information

so all the people here on the forum have link with players:lol::lol:

goldenlox
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:29 AM
We all will see when she gets back, how she plays and her results, and how often she plays.
The talk doesn't matter, she hasn't played since last summer

Mikey.
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Wow :D Sounds like it's all coming together. Can't wait! :D

Vaidisova Ruled
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:35 AM
so I guess no Rome

Paris75
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Maria in Strasbourg would be :hearts: x 1000

A small tournament with most players ranked between 30 and 70, which would be perfect IMO for a comeback ; what's more :same conditions as French open (same balls same courts), and only 2h away from Paris.

Let's dream French fools ! :lol:

goldenlox
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Maria did not miss a major until the last 2.
If she's not in Paris, that shoulder is a bigger problem than they are saying

serenus_2k8
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Allez Masha :banana:

pwayne
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I will still say Birmingham but if she comes back sooner, great. Thanks for the report Womensrights.

jonny84
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Clay isn't Maria's best surface. I think she should wait until the grasscourt season. Maybe start at Birmignham and then Wimbledon, before playing the US Summer hardcourt season.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:11 PM
if only Maria was as quick as Steffi was, finish the matches in 45 mins, not 45 mins using time to do her hair and bounce the ball, it would be alot easier on her.

Sammm
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:18 PM
if only Maria was as quick as Steffi was, finish the matches in 45 mins, not 45 mins using time to do her hair and bounce the ball, it would be alot easier on her.

:haha:

Anyone think Maria might play Warsaw, which has a terrible field atm and really needs a star? Or is the clay really slow there and the balls really heavy?

madmax
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM

haha, so true, Masha likes to take her time:devil: But that's why we love her so much - oozing confidence and annoying opponents

Craig.
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Fuck, I really wanted her back in Rome.

thetennistimes
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Maria will come back in Rome. It has been confirmed on our site!

joćo.
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:34 PM
If she skips Rome, then I doubt she'll play a tournament before the French.

spartanfan
Apr 16th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Back during IW/Miami her camp was saying she'd be back at Rome, now it's she "might" play the week before the French. Curious. It's obvious her should still isn't right and fully healed.

goldenlox
Apr 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM
They didn't announce Rome. Writer said it, someone like Cronin. He doesn't know anymore than anyone else

partbrit
Apr 16th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks for this information. I'll be so glad when she comes back!

mr_burns
Apr 16th, 2009, 01:58 PM
come back at RG would be really hard...unseeded, first tournament in nearly a year, clay

would suggest madrid, and one other

it's not that she has to so many days in a row...I have my doubts she will win that much, cause she needs practice

frenchie
Apr 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Coming back on clay is not a good idea for her

long rallies, physical game, never felt good on clay...

Rumkin
Apr 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM
She never said she was going to play rome, some article stated that. BTW this information is coming from someone who knows someone that is friends with Michael Joyce (masha's coach), so I would not take it as a really reliable source.

But of course it would be great if she was able to play RG

clonesheep
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Maria did not miss a major until the last 2.

It's not shoulder problem. Her heart is no longer there. She is finished.

capt321
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Did she have a labrum tear or rotator cuff tear?

Lulu.
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:35 PM
She should skip the clay season and come back on grass. Makes more sense. :shrug:

Craig.
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Did she have a labrum tear or rotator cuff tear?

Rotator cuff.

nelsondan
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I spoke to a friend of mine today and shes pretty good friends with Marias coach michael joyce. He told her that Maria is feeling very good but that they are taking their time coming back because hes worried about her starting back on the clay. he said the conditions are much heavier and to play consecutive days on the clay in the cold is not ideal conditions for the shoulder.He also said that the french open will probably be her first tournament back because the balls are lighter and she can get a day off in between matches.She might possibly play a small tournament the week before to get some matches.He alo said that coming back will be tough and doesn't want her to feel any pressure and work towards feeling her best during the summer hard court season.He also said that they are frustrated because its taken longer than the doctors first said but that there is no doubt that she will be back and that hes very impressed by how she has handled the whole situation. He also said shes only 21 and has many more years to play and her future is more important than rushing back .He alo told her that coming back from shoulder surgery is very tough and that the constant rehab has been very gruling on both of them ,but he said Maria is one of the toughest people he knows and that if anyone will come back stronger its her. anyway thought i'd share my info with all of you counting the days to her return just like I am.

At first, when I read this, it sounded a little like a leaked press release...but then I saw this from last August...

Just saw Sharapova in Phoenix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I Was eating lunch at a little Grocery store near Scottsdale and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Maria standing 10 feet from me . She looked like she had come from working out or something. A few minutes later I saw her coach Michael Joyce eating . I said hello to him and asked what they were doing in Phoenix. He said they were trying not to melt! It is about 110 here.I asked how her shoulder was doing but he wouldn't offer up much information. I wanted to ask him some more questions and possiblty talk to Maria but he politely excused himself went outside met up with Maria and they drove away.

and this was interesting...from november of 2007.
you don't post often---but when you do.....

Maria working with Lansdorp again!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i found out from a very reliable source that Maria workied intensively with Robert for 2 weeks before going to Madrid. After her loss in Moscow she went straight back to Los angeles and was seen working 3 to 4 hours a day with Robert.I was also told that she was thinking about firing Michael Joyce but he insisted that she stay with him or he woulkdn't work with her.obviously this explains her recent fornm in Madrid.Its great to see that she has come to her senses and is once again working with Robert!!!!!!!

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:02 PM
i honestly think it would be best to come back on the grass. the points are so much longer on clay. not to mention having to possibly serve many many times (long deuce games). if she does come back to rome and doesn't do well, i think she will skip the french. birmingham or wimby will restore her confidence.

Matt01
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:08 PM
i honestly think it would be best to come back on the grass. the points are so much longer on clay. not to mention having to possibly serve many many times (long deuce games). if she does come back to rome and doesn't do well, i think she will skip the french. birmingham or wimby will restore her confidence.

Service is much more important on grass than on clay, though.

*JR*
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Maria will come back in Rome. It has been confirmed on our site!
Your site still has a link that says:

Sharapova Plans Comeback for Indian Wells or Miami

OK, that one uses the modifier word "Plans", but these things are hard to predict. Mareee announced last year that she'd be back early this year, and Chanda tried ??? comebacks (to take 2 examples of players who weren't spinning it due to sponsor commitments, the way Ms. Famous For Being Famous was a few years ago). I'm sure Masha will be back, but will wait on "when" until she's actually playing again.

LoLiTa08
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:51 AM
good Luck Masha .

ys
Apr 17th, 2009, 01:33 AM
There was something along the same line in today's interview with Tarpischev related to Fed Cup semis. He said that he talked to Yuri recently and it is confirmed that she is gunning for RG, and she plans to play one , maybe two warmups before that.

madlove
Apr 17th, 2009, 02:44 AM
just skip clay and try for a grass comeback

Golovinjured.
Apr 17th, 2009, 02:57 AM

Hopefully it's not too far away. Would rather her come back on the grass, though.

Nice username, btw. :rolls:

womensrights
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Thanks!

Craig.
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Any more updates? :hehehe:

barboza
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Balls are lighter??? Ya right.. the balls at FO are heavy.

barboza
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:59 AM
good Luck Masha .

Are you Sweet Cleo:unsure:

youizahoe
Apr 18th, 2009, 04:56 AM
My sources said ; Maria will most likely attend Rome to play and do a nike promotion.

DragonFlame
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Well... my sources say that everyone else's sources are made up fantasy, and that they should stop making threads telling about their sources having any clue about what is going on. So tell all your brains to stop making threads about sources sourcing away without reliable sourcing evidence, that is required to convince people about the liability of their sources. Not to mention the friends of a friend of maria's physical therapist grandfather sourcing away their resourcefullness.

Kampi
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Well... my sources say that everyone else's sources are made up fantasy, and that they should stop making threads telling about their sources having any clue about what is going on. So tell all your brains to stop making threads about sources sourcing away without reliable sourcing evidence, that is required to convince people about the liability of their sources. Not to mention the friends of a friend of maria's physical therapist grandfather sourcing away their resourcefullness.

:haha::yeah:

shaktincredible
Apr 18th, 2009, 08:08 AM
just comeback please.i'm tired waiting for you. it's been almost one f*ckin year!

tommystar
Apr 18th, 2009, 12:25 PM
just skip clay and try for a grass comeback

LOL, I hope she gets Serena in the first Round at Wimby. :)

Noctis
Apr 18th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Her Sponsors like China's Coke Cola is dumping her
if she doesnt comeback soon she know the consequences ;)

cn ireland
Apr 18th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks for info:)!

Hope to have a fully fit Maria back really soon:hearts:!

Beat
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:38 PM
:confused:
nobody's saying it isn't a big problem.

Jarl_02
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:37 PM
One of the commentators in EPSN Latin Amerinca said Sharapova was going to come back in Madrid...is that really true???

NewShoulderPlz.
May 12th, 2009, 03:38 AM
:cool:

danieln1
May 12th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Indeed it was a reliable source!

Keep us updated always...