PDA

View Full Version : 12 yr. old "Ghetto Cinderella" Alexus "ACE" Jones NBC Sports Feature "A Star Is Born"

tennistuff
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I have not heard any news in a while. I am glad to hear she is still going strong. Check out the NBC Sports Story www.alexusjones.com

AnomyBC
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Wow. Between Madison Keys, Sachia Vickery and this girl American women's tennis might actually have a future afterall :lol:

tennistuff
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:20 AM
Wow. Between Madison Keys, Sachia Vickery and this girl American women's tennis might actually have a future afterall :lol:

I agree.:worship::worship::worship:

azza
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:35 AM
lol fail

Ty-Ty
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Hopes she does well. But her grunts :tape: I hope they sound different in a few years, she even does them on her volleys

duhcity
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:47 AM
In my Tennis Elbow game in the year 2012 she made three slam quarterfinals and is number 12 at the end of the year.
lolol

Infiniti2001
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Why do I get the feeling that this kid will end up like Monique Viele?

azza
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:05 AM
In my Tennis Elbow game in the year 2012 she made three slam quarterfinals and is number 12 at the end of the year.
lolol

what r u on bout

faboozadoo15
Apr 16th, 2009, 09:08 AM
:yawn:

Fail.
Epic.

faboozadoo15
Apr 16th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Hearing her dad talk about her makes my blood run cold. especially when he talks about her future Lexus contact. :scared:

schorsch
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:37 AM
agreed faboo. what a creep :scared:

Pristine
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I hope this girl gets an education to fall back reminds me of that other girl on youtube acting like the next Graf.

Keadz
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:26 AM
"Destined to be a tennis player" more like forced to be a tennis player. His father should be ashamed, using her for the money.

And her grunt, my god...I hope her voice deepens A LOT as she gets older because that could be come the most annoying thing in the world.

Nick B is creepy as well. Please stop being associated with tennis, you are destroying the game.

Freakan
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:54 AM
What is her date of birth?

Freakan
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Hearing her dad talk about her makes my blood run cold. especially when he talks about her future Lexus contact. :scared:

That was :o:o:o
Look-wise and grunt-wise she reminds me of Larcher de Brito :p

tennistuff
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM
This quote by Richard Williams says it best "Ghetto Cinderella" says it best.

Daniel K
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Monique Viele part 2

Ciarán
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:40 PM
What a load of shit. I bet anything she is a complete burn out and doesn't reach top 50 because she has so much pressure to succeed :o

Freakan
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I wonder why Nick won't take her to his academy is she's so good...

mckyle.
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:53 PM
What a load of shit. I bet anything she is a complete burn out and doesn't reach top 50 because she has so much pressure to succeed :o

Top 50? I'm not even giving this girl a chance at Top 500 :o

Pheobo
Apr 16th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Not this kid again :rolleyes:

Isn't she the "samurai tennis warrior"? Or is that the offspring of another set of soul-sucking tennis parents?

Dodoboy.
Apr 16th, 2009, 01:24 PM
She is going to be #1 and win 4 slams in her career :shrug:

thetennistimes
Apr 16th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Is this not child cruelty

tucker1989
Apr 16th, 2009, 03:08 PM
She actually looks pretty solid, and she has the support of Ahsha Rolle in that video, haha

Slutiana
Apr 16th, 2009, 03:39 PM
What the fuck. Its like he's trying to be richard but he's epic failing and being the next Stefano Capriati - he just wants the money from her. Richard actually cared about his daughters and tennis was never the only thing nor the number one thing in their lives...

2moretogo
Apr 16th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Yikes, instead of worrying about Lexus' he should hope that his daughter fixes those teeth of the his. Every time he smiled, all I saw were gaps and missing teeth.

I hope for the best for her.

Zébulon
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Gotta love a website that welcomes you with golden farts. :lol: :lol:

pittsburghsteely
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Yikes, instead of worrying about Lexus' he should hope that his daughter fixes those teeth of the his. Every time he smiled, all I saw were gaps and missing teeth.

I hope for the best for her.

why you worrying about that mans' teeth?, you dating him , you his booty buddy, you lame for that

OsloErik
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I have not heard any news in a while. I am glad to hear she is still going strong. Check out the NBC Sports Story www.alexusjones.com

HI! Tennistuff. You do realize that the NBC Sports Story wasn't particularly flattering, right? It kind of portrays her as a manipulated girl with a frighteningly over-pressuring father.

harloo
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Wow, I can already see the hate this beautiful young woman will receive if she does become a force. Some of the posters here are showing their asses already. Nothing is guaranteed in tennis, she could be a flop or become a great champion. Good luck Alexus!:)

2moretogo
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:32 PM
why you worrying about that mans' teeth?, you dating him , you his booty buddy, you lame for that

You serious?:lol: Booty buddy? Serious?:help:

mckyle.
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Wow, I can already see the hate this beautiful young woman will receive if she does become a force. Some of the posters here are showing their asses already. Nothing is guaranteed in tennis, she could be a flop or become a great champion. Good luck Alexus!:)

This girl's father is always making new usernames and spamming this forum with his daughter's website and her amazing (lack of) skills. Sorry if we're annoyed.

Dawn Marie
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I find it amazing how a POTENTIAL THREAT actually makes one's mind fearful,angry and appalling.

I much rather see this girl and her father playing sports. The stats show girls who play sports will gain much self worth. They are also much less likley to get beat by a man. (look up the old Nike commercial on You Tube.)

Time will Tell, with this kid and her father.

Helen Lawson
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:45 PM
There's only one Ghetto Cinderella, and she hasn't live in the ghetto since she was like 13 years old.

We need to give this gal a new name.

canuckfan
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Daddy Jones is pretty smart.He's spamming the web with stuff about her, takes pictures with celebrities, get media exposure. Yet, she doesn't play any tournaments. So if she ends up being a bad player, he probably will have made some money anyway. All her accomplishments so far are pretty bogus. The "best U8 player in the world"? How so? The youngest top 500 U18 in Florida? Heck, Brie Whitehead was top 1200 in the world!

She might actually be a tennis phenom, but until she plays tournament and prove it, she's Monique Viele vol. 2. If she's indeed that good, she should go bagel her way to the "Les Petits As" title in France, or try to win the U14 Orange Bowl at 12. Hingis won the junior french open at 12.

harloo
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:57 PM
This girl's father is always making new usernames and spamming this forum with his daughter's website and her amazing (lack of) skills. Sorry if we're annoyed.

Their are many annoying things on this site but you either chose to enter the threads created or move on. If by all means you have proof that her father is creating multiple usernames then contact a moderator. I haven't seen that many threads about Alexus Jones in general. This is actually the second or third time I've heard about her on this site.

mckyle.
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Daddy Jones is pretty smart.He's spamming the web with stuff about her, takes pictures with celebrities, get media exposure. Yet, she doesn't play any tournaments. So if she ends up being a bad player, he probably will have made some money anyway. All her accomplishments so far are pretty bogus. The "best U8 player in the world"? How so? The youngest top 500 U18 in Florida? Heck, Brie Whitehead was top 1200 in the world!

She might actually be a tennis phenom, but until she plays tournament and prove it, she's Monique Viele vol. 2. If she's indeed that good, she should go bagel her way to the "Les Petits As" title in France, or try to win the U14 Orange Bowl at 12. Hingis won the junior french open at 12.

I know right? :lol:

One time her dad was bragging about how she's the only player to ever be simultaneously ranked in every age division of the USTA rankings, but what he failed to mention was that to earn the points for those rankings, she would sign up for tournaments that only had one or two other (bad) players and then lose her first match and win the consolation bracket :lol:

Talk about taking advantage of the system... :lol:

Zébulon
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:59 PM
The stats show girls who play sports will gain much self worth. They are also much less likley to get beat by a man. (look up the old Nike commercial on You Tube.)
Sport may give you physical strength, but if your athleticsim has been forced on you and your parent is living through you, I don't see how it could help you to be stronger against manipulative forces. (dunno if i'm clear)
Besides, if she fails to become an excellent player, all this media exposure, articles, website, pressureS will most likely make her feel like a failure, (and w very public one, thanks to the web) and I can't see how that'll help her self-esteem, especially if she's got no plan B. And if she succeeds to live up to all this, well, she'll still have to deal with choices that were made for her.

harloo
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:10 PM

I think her father is smart and has the right intentions but he's a little overbearing. But I would like to ask what tennis father/coach in history hasn't been overbearing?:lol: I can see the potential but as Bolleteri stated they're putting a lot of pressure on this young woman. It will be interesting to see if she can handle it because in most cases the pressure takes over. Once she steps on the big stage we'll see what she's made of because it's going to be difficult to make the transition. She needs to at least play a few junior tournaments.

faboozadoo15
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:52 PM

:rolleyes:

Hardly anyone in here has said anything negative about Alexus herself.

Even the kindest press this young girl has recieved has mirrored the same sentiments as the posters in this thread, aside from pittsburghsteely, who is challenged.

RenaSlam.
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Keep it up, Alexus Jones.

woosey
i kinda feel sorry for her.

hopefully whatever money is being made is going into a trust for her.

faboozadoo15
I think her father is smart and has the right intentions but he's a little overbearing. But I would like to ask what tennis father/coach in history hasn't been overbearing?:lol: I can see the potential but as Bolleteri stated they're putting a lot of pressure on this young woman. It will be interesting to see if she can handle it because in most cases the pressure takes over. Once she steps on the big stage we'll see what she's made of because it's going to be difficult to make the transition. She needs to at least play a few junior tournaments.

For all the world I cannot imagine Papa Seles (for instance) talking to the media about how his children were destined to be #1 in tennis, naming them after products in order to secure lucrative endorsements, forcing them into three brackets simultaneaously to get a ranking (which is only for the sake of publicity...), and the list goes on. This man is out of control.

How do you think Alexus will feel if her career doesn't pan out and she looks back and sees what her dad did in hopes she'd make a ton of money at this, naming her after a vehicle, etc?

PS, the tennis clips I find most interesting are the ones where she's hitting in clinic with other children half her size. They're all hitting at the same level... A lot of good young players can look mighty impressive when they are fed midcourt meatballs to hop on.

And :rolleyes at all this 70 mph, 90 mph 100 mph serve speed hyperbole. It's tired.

CloudAtlas
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I have shivers from just watching that. It's so creepy.

I bet when puberty hits her and the rebellion phase starts she's gonna want to give it up and that'll serve the parents right. I think there's more chance of Brie Whitehead winning a Slam than of this girl making the top 100 (cheap shot at Brie I know , she tries very hard but I just needed an example to prove my point). Her motivation will be lost.

Serenita
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:36 PM
keep working Alexus!

Jakeev
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Although I can understand how people are concerned about Jones' dad being the next tennis father to worry about, I just don't get the vibe that Alex thinks she is gonna come out kicking everybody's arse when she starts playing.

She seems like a pretty nice kid and when it comes down to it, I can easily see her doing her talking with her racquet.

LCS
Apr 16th, 2009, 09:04 PM
She actually won an U18 tournament at the age of 9??? :worship:

Pristine
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:28 PM
They're feeding her balls that land on the service line and sit up. Even a solid recreation player can punish those. I haven't even seen anything and as NBC said she has played juniors and hasn't won much in them. I feel bad for this girl maybe she will make top 250 or something.

Tripp
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:46 PM
:lol:

Put her on a court with Russia's number 10 ranked U12 player and watch her get her ass spanked.

I actually feel sorry for that poor little girl. They actually named her Alexus so that she owns the car some day. Talk about being a materialistic prick. Ever thought about her doing whatever she wants? How about her being happy? The sad thing is that most of these girls end up hating their parents.

tennistuff
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:53 PM
:lol:

Put her on a court with Russia's number 10 ranked U12 player and watch her get her ass spanked.

I actually feel sorry for that poor little girl. They actually named her Alexus so that she owns the car some day. Talk about being a materialistic prick. Ever thought about her doing whatever she wants? How about her being happy? The sad thing is that most of these girls end up hating their parents.

Because everyone knows the Russians won all of the grand slams last year. And they are the best. And everyone knows knowone who came from the Ghetto could do that. LOL :lol: