PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Foxx's Miley Cyrus tirade

plantman
Apr 15th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Jamie Foxx's Miley Cyrus tirade
on Sirius: Too much?
Apr 14, 2009, 12:41 PM | by Leah Greenblatt

You may know him now as the affable Oscar-winner/R&B star who gets buddies like Jake Gyllenhaal and Ron Howard to appear in his music videos. Many forget, though, that Jamie Foxx got his start on the far-raunchy spectrum of stand-up comedy.

The guy who once banked on a more dangerous brand of humor (see his turn on the boundary-goosing '90s sketch show In Living Color) was in full effect yesterday on his Sirius radio show, Foxxhole -- ripping into teen superstar and current box office queen Miley Cyrus in a brief, expletive-laced segment.

The catalyst? A caller singling out Cyrus's recent displeasure with indie-rock demigods Radiohead, who refused to meet her backstage at this year's Grammys (she later threatened on another syndicated radio show to "ruin them.") Foxx responds incredulously, "Who is Miley Cyrus? She's gonna ruin Radiohead's career? The same Radiohead that gets paid a million dollars just to sample their songs?"

Cyrus, he goes on to say in an obviously jesting but possibly defamatory riff, should "make a sex tape and grow up. Get like Britney Spears and do some heroin. Do like Lindsay Lohan and start seeing a lesbian and get some crack in your pipe. Catch chlamydia on a bicycle seat..."That's what I want." Cubicle dwellers, grab your headphones for the full and very NSFW clip.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/04/jamie-foxx-mile.html

Granted,this would all be tiny potatoes were it not for the status of both stars -- Foxx has a highly touted film, The Soloist, due out later this month, and Cyrus is quite possibly the most famous 16-year-old on the planet right now. But words said in a dank comedy-club basement are, like it or not, not the same as those heard instantly 'round the high-speed-connection universe.

What do you think, readers? Does Miley's public figure-dom trump her age, or was Foxx out of line? Is this kind of humor meant to have a platform on a free-speech outlet like Sirius, or does he owe her a public apology? Will this effect how you feel about buying the music or going to see the films of either artist?

Fox is no better than Don Imus! Sure he went on some late night show and apologized....Big Deal! So did Imus....Over & Over

So he's a comedian....Is that suppose to make it OK? :shrug:

debopero
Apr 15th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I think the Imus situation is a bit different as he had a past history of bigoted statements. Still inappropriate though.

woosey
Apr 15th, 2009, 06:10 PM
well, i like radiohead so that part he could have stopped there.

but the rest, not so great. she is still 16. but, i got to gist.

miley thinks she's a bit too important.

vadin124
Apr 15th, 2009, 06:44 PM
i'm no Miley fan, but Jamie Foxx is just not funny.., AND they were aimed at a 16 year old...

well done Jamie, you're a tough guy!...

would love to see him make such comments about someone like 50 Cent etc.

:o

he isn't even that good an actor, how he was even nominated for that fluke oscar he got is beyond me...yet alone win it!

Salve
Apr 15th, 2009, 07:15 PM
i'm no Miley fan, but Jamie Foxx is just not funny.., AND they were aimed at a 16 year old...

well done Jamie, you're a tough guy!...

would love to see him make such comments about someone like 50 Cent etc.

:o

he isn't even that good an actor, how he was even nominated for that fluke oscar he got is beyond me...yet alone win it!

says who?

~{X}~
Apr 15th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Whatever Miley Cyrus is a pain in the ass and she thinks she is the world's biggest star. I'm glad people are saying shit about her and I cannot wait till the day Disney drops her for someone new.

doni1212
Apr 15th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Are you kidding me?!!! Did you even see Ray?!
Stop posting bullshit when you don't know what the hell you're talking about, :rolleyes:

Whatever Miley Cyrus is a pain in the ass and she thinks she is the world's biggest star. I'm glad people are saying shit about her and I cannot wait till the day Disney drops her for someone new.

Feel the exact same way, :yeah:

mirzalover
Apr 15th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I dont like Miley but still, Jamie was a ass and he has a daughter around the same age as Miley *16* and he knows he wouldnt want anyone talking about his daughter like that. The whole "little white bitch comment" was wrong to cause we all know if had been "little black bitch" this thread would be on page 6 talking about how that comment was racist.

Bayo
Apr 15th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I don't know which one of them annoys me more. Miley Cyrus, who subjects the world to a singing voice that sounds like it's in the latter stages of lung cancer, or Jamie Foxx, who continued to impersonate Ray Charles for nearly a year after that movie was released, which, beyond being sad, was more than a little bit creepy.

young_gunner913
Apr 15th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Miley is an annoying little taint. I think it would be awesome if more comedians bashed her other then Jamie Foxx and Joel McHale from 'The Soup'. :worship:

debopero
Apr 15th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I dont like Miley but still, Jamie was a ass and he has a daughter around the same age as Miley *16* and he knows he wouldnt want anyone talking about his daughter like that. The whole "little white bitch comment" was wrong to cause we all know if had been "little black bitch" this thread would be on page 6 talking about how that comment was racist.

He never said "little white bitch".

mirzalover
Apr 15th, 2009, 11:07 PM
He never said "little white bitch".

I know he didnt. I'm talking about the whole thing together. The female radio host said it. I was just making the point that people are making it out like this is fine just because they dont like someone but its not.

KournikovaFan91
Apr 15th, 2009, 11:44 PM
So many people with a chip on their shoulder about Miley.

Just cause she possibly made more than Jamie Foxx last year probably pisses him off.
She is the next global superstar imho.

debopero
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:12 AM

Just cause she possibly made more than Jamie Foxx last year probably pisses him off.

Considering her blatant lack of talent, that would be a shame.

KournikovaFan91
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:21 AM
She has tons of Talent.

Max565
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:37 AM
I'm no fan of Miley - though I do think she's a pretty good singer for 16 - but Jamie Foxx's comments were just despicable. She's just a kid and I find it very disturbing that a grown adult is picking on a girl his daughter's age.

skanky~skanketta
Apr 16th, 2009, 01:54 AM
She has tons of Talent.
huh?

M2k
Apr 16th, 2009, 01:55 AM
What a little shit, always knew he was an asshole, picking on a 16 year old girl. :tape:

doni1212
Apr 16th, 2009, 03:45 AM
She has tons of Talent.

:rolls:

~CANUCK~
Apr 16th, 2009, 03:49 AM
huh?

You should know by now that we are not the judges of talent, that is up to Disney to decide.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:06 AM
huh?

:sobbing:

pepaw
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:09 AM
how can anyone justify a grown man publicly harassing a 16 yr old girl?

saying she needed to make a sex tape?? so inappropriate. if i was her dad, id go kick jamie foxx's ass.

plantman
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:41 AM

It's obvious that many don't share your opinion doni! Miley's the one laughing all the way to the bank!

How have you been by the way? Hope life's treating you good!;)

~{X}~
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Disney is no longer a standard for talent...Miley Cyrus... Jonas Brothers? LAUGHABLE.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:04 AM

saying she needed to make a sex tape?? so inappropriate. if i was her dad, id go kick jamie foxx's ass.

Whilst I agree what Jamie said was wrong, what Miley said about Radiohead was wrong too and someone needed to call her out.

And as for the 2nd part of your post :haha: Please, Billy Ray would get his arse handed to him on a plate by Jamie :rolls: :haha:

Keadz
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Wow, quality human being this guy is. He is the one who thinks too much of himself, not Miley.

pepaw
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Whilst I agree what Jamie said was wrong, what Miley said about Radiohead was wrong too and someone needed to call her out.

And as for the 2nd part of your post :haha: Please, Billy Ray would get his arse handed to him on a plate by Jamie :rolls: :haha:

well it would be trash versus trash so i call it an even fight.

and radiohead was a bitch in the first place

moby
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:22 AM
There are few celebrities I like less than Miley. However, she's only 16.

Cat's Pajamas
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:29 AM
I love how people look the other way because they don't like Miley or says she has no talent. And while yes she is an over-hyped Disney prodigy, she's 16 and talking about a girl like that is just inappropriate! :shrug:

Wigglytuff
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:31 AM
I think the Imus situation is a bit different as he had a past history of bigoted statements. Still inappropriate though.

yep. i think comparing the two is very weird and out there and doesnt make sense. at all.

that said, it wasnt ok what foxx said.

Wigglytuff
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:37 AM
but he didnt say that. later you replied to some else saying that you know he didnt say it but why is this still here uncorrected?

young_gunner913
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:45 AM

do you know who her dad is? :rolls: Jamie would beat the living shit out of Billy Gay. :haha:

winone23
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:46 AM

I agree!

pepaw
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:32 AM
but he didnt say that. later you replied to some else saying that you know he didnt say it but why is this still here uncorrected?

because his co-host or whatever DID say it

pepaw
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:33 AM
http://rockinit.r.o.pic.centerblog.net/hlvpciyy.jpg

vs.

http://idjtoo.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/jamie_foxx.jpg

young_gunner913
Apr 16th, 2009, 09:15 AM
:spit: yeah lets update those pics hun. billy gay hasnt looked like that in years.

young_gunner913
Apr 16th, 2009, 09:19 AM
jamie :drool:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb113/fuwithu57/foxx.jpg

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 16th, 2009, 02:23 PM
She has tons of Talent.

i know right? she can transform herself in a second!
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/spotless_rougedirector/random%20stuffs/hannahmontana-1.gif

i hate Miley but Jamie Foxx's comments are uncalled for.

M2k
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:27 PM
So it's a full grown man versus a tween girl:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb113/fuwithu57/foxx.jpg

vs

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/spotless_rougedirector/random%20stuffs/hannahmontana-1.gif

seriously people this is just wrong :scared: He should pick a fight with someone who is older, how about Christian Bale ? :devil:

harloo
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:47 PM
If you listened to the Foxxhole before the Miley diss you'd see a consistent pattern of Jamie going after all celebrities. In this interview he went hard on Soulja Boy also(another teenager) but I guess nobody cares about that.

The majority of white folks are outraged not because of what he said about a female teenager but that it was a white female teenager they've put on a pedestal. Now I guarantee you if Jamie said that about a black female teenager nobody would give a fuck. Bill O'reily wouldn't be featuring it on his show nor would Jamie have to apologize. Perez Hilton calls Miley Cyrus a slut on his blog day in and day out and nobody says anything.

Jamie forgot for a minute that his ass is still a black comedian. You can get away with joking about black celebrities but the forbidden fruit is off limits. In the same sense people have a right to be upset with his remarks and it's great that he was forced to apologize. If he wants to continue winning those Oscars he better keep his comments to a minimum on white folks.:tape::lol: This is still America.

Princeza
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:51 PM
seriously people this is just wrong :scared: He should pick a fight with someone who is older, how about Christian Bale ? :devil:

Both Mickey and Foxx are morons.
Bale for the win.

M2k
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:25 PM
If you listened to the Foxxhole before the Miley diss you'd see a consistent pattern of Jamie going after all celebrities. In this interview he went hard on Soulja Boy also(another teenager) but I guess nobody cares about that.

I understand your point of view, but let it be known that Jamie is a known asshole and this was an incident waiting to happen( think of Tom Cruise messing with Broke Shields) Perez Hilton is "La PUTA" that everyone laughs at because he plays the stereotypical "fagot". Nobody takes him seriously because he plays the "stereotype" of a gay man...and on top of that he is a Hispanic male.

Both Mickey and Foxx are morons.
Bale for the win.

...and to think Bale was my favorite actor :bigcry: Where did it go wrong? :sobbing:

though I agree Bale would kick Jamie's ass !

Wigglytuff
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM
because his co-host or whatever DID say it

so thats jamies fault???

doni1212
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM
It's obvious that many don't share your opinion doni! Miley's the one laughing all the way to the bank!

How have you been by the way? Hope life's treating you good!;)

I've been great! Tomorrow is my last day of class before finals next week so everything is groovy, lol
And how are you?

Disney is no longer a standard for talent...Miley Cyrus... Jonas Brothers? LAUGHABLE.

Exactly, :rolleyes:

The majority of white folks are outraged not because of what he said about a female teenager but that it was a white female teenager they've put on a pedestal. Now I guarantee you if Jamie said that about a black female teenager nobody would give a fuck. Bill O'reily wouldn't be featuring it on his show nor would Jamie have to apologize. Perez Hilton calls Miley Cyrus a slut on his blog day in and day out and nobody says anything.

Jamie forgot for a minute that his ass is still a black comedian. You can get away with joking about black celebrities but the forbidden fruit is off limits. In the same sense people have a right to be upset with his remarks and it's great that he was forced to apologize. If he wants to continue winning those Oscars he better keep his comments to a minimum on white folks.:tape::lol: This is still America.

Very insightful and a very fair assessment.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:33 PM

Who?

Beat
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:42 PM
miley cyrus = hell on earth

harloo
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I understand your point of view, but let it be known that Jamie is a known asshole and this was an incident waiting to happen( think of Tom Cruise messing with Broke Shields) Perez Hilton is "La PUTA" that everyone laughs at because he plays the stereotypical "fagot". Nobody takes him seriously because he plays the "stereotype" of a gay man...and on top of that he is a Hispanic male.

...and to think Bale was my favorite actor :bigcry: Where did it go wrong? :sobbing:

though I agree Bale would kick Jamie's ass !

So since Perez Hilton is a gay hispanic male the public accepts him calling these young starlets sluts and whores? :confused: Of course Jamie is more high profile than Perez but not by that much. Did you recently see the number of big celebrities that showed up to his party?

And the fact that anyone takes the Foxxhole radio show seriously is hilarious. Why are people just noticing how edgy that show is? I've been listening to it for a while and they are just like the black version of Howard Stern. It's not politically correct at all.

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:18 PM

Mr. Bale will never stoop low on Jamie Foxx's level ;)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/spotless_rougedirector/random%20stuffs/christianbaledance.gif

winone23
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:00 PM

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/spotless_rougedirector/random%20stuffs/christianbaledance.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

M2k
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:55 PM
So since Perez Hilton is a gay hispanic male the public accepts him calling these young starlets sluts and whores? :confused: Of course Jamie is more high profile than Perez but not by that much. Did you recently see the number of big celebrities that showed up to his party?

Please tell me you just didn't say that! :eek: Jamie is a respected academy award winner while Perez is the clown of the town. Celebrities don't mind him that much anymore? If he has become more mainstream it's because he has accepted "his place" among them (he is the scum of the earth, the lowest that could be, the clown that entertains you). Perez words just don't have that much weight :shrug:

And the fact that anyone takes the Foxxhole radio show seriously is hilarious. Why are people just noticing how edgy that show is? I've been listening to it for a while and they are just like the black version of Howard Stern. It's not politically correct at all.

Well one thing is for sure, you can't buy this type of publicity. I expect his radio show to become twice as popular and did i say he has a new movie coming out? :o

M2k
Apr 16th, 2009, 09:28 PM

I'm afraid he has...after all everyone says he's into water sports and and a just has a very demented personality.

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:24 AM

I'm afraid he has...after all everyone says he's into water sports and and a just has a very demented personality.

he does have a demented personality but Bale >>>>>>> Foxx any day :rocker2:

miffedmax
Apr 17th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Ordinarily, I'd say Foxx was out of line. But you can't have it both ways. Miley wants to date 20-year-old men as a kid, but not have anybody make cracks about her sex life?

Sorry. That's a no-go. If her bf was another kid her age, or she wasn't dating, or something like that, it would be one thing. But she's posing semiclad for magazines, having relationships that would be illegal in many jurisdictions and in general not acting like a 16-year-old.

You can either act or age, or get treated like the age you're acting.

hwanmig
Apr 17th, 2009, 02:30 PM
That #&^% is possibly the most annoying star Disney has ever produced.

vadin124
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:13 PM
just for the record i HAVE seen Ray....and his performance, IMO opinion is ridiculously overrated...so if you want to be pathetic and cast it off as bullshit then more fool you, you're dumb...to the poster on the first page of this thread

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Ordinarily, I'd say Foxx was out of line. But you can't have it both ways. Miley wants to date 20-year-old men as a kid, but not have anybody make cracks about her sex life?

Sorry. That's a no-go. If her bf was another kid her age, or she wasn't dating, or something like that, it would be one thing. But she's posing semiclad for magazines, having relationships that would be illegal in many jurisdictions and in general not acting like a 16-year-old.

THIS :worship:

Monica_Rules
Apr 17th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I don't really like Jaime Foxx, he comes accross as a very arragant prick since he won his oscar. Can't comment if h was any good in it as i haven't seen the film. Most other films i;ve seen him in he's ok.

He just comes accross as a cocky shit whos too far up his own arse, these comment werent really needed. Big man for trash talking a 16 year old girl. The Radiohead comment form Miley is :lol:

LeonHart
Apr 18th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Miley Cyrus is replusive. That's all I'm going to comment in this thread :o

Wigglytuff
Apr 18th, 2009, 04:19 AM

exactly. if she is such a little kid then people need to be focusing on her grown ass bf.

M2k
Apr 18th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Miley wants to date 20-year-old men as a kid, but not have anybody make cracks about her sex life?

She has a 20something year old boyfriend??? :eek: :rolleyes: Isn't the little brat like 15 or 16 at most? :tape:

Scotso
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:21 AM
:shrug:

I've said much worse about her. Granted, that was only to a few people and not broadcast.

ArturoAce.
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Miley is an annoying little taint. I think it would be awesome if more comedians bashed her other then Jamie Foxx and Joel McHale from 'The Soup'. :worship:

:bowdown:

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 18th, 2009, 08:50 AM
She has a 20something year old boyfriend??? :eek: :rolleyes: Isn't the little brat like 15 or 16 at most? :tape:

yes and he's an underwear "model" :help:

Scotso
Apr 18th, 2009, 08:57 AM
yes and he's an underwear "model" :help:

He's hot as @#$&, though.

http://www.mostbeautifulman.com/misc/JustinGaston/images/pic02.jpg

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:00 AM
He's hot as @#$&, though.

http://www.mostbeautifulman.com/misc/JustinGaston/images/pic02.jpg

he looks like a pedophile next to her :tape:

Scotso
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:03 AM
They're only 4 years apart, I don't think it's a big deal.

Dandy_Warhol
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:06 AM

hmn. you have a point.

miss_molik
Apr 18th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Hmmm ,not sure about this one, I do hate Miley and for her to say she will ruin Radiohead's career is so ridiculous, and i'm glad he brought her down a bit, but it was a little harsh

Renalicious
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Who does Jamie Foxx think he is? What an ugly human. She's only a 16 year old for goodness sake. Whatever, she's way more famous than he will ever be and everyone knows her better than him so. :) By the way, the joke wasn't funny. Even Hannah Montana's funnier. For real. :)

moon
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:07 PM
24 and 28, are not a big deal.
but if your a teenager 4 years can be a lifetime apart.

miffedmax
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Yep. If my 16-year-old was dating a 20-year-old, I would NOT be a happy camper.

If I had a 20-year-old who was dating a 16-year-old, I'd be be kind of concerned, too. We're talking a huge gap in terms of physical, mental and emotional maturity.

saul1333
Apr 18th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I'm no fan of Miley(I think she's crap), but if she actually has feelings for him it should not matter. It is just a matter of timing, they found each other at a time where the age is a problem, but they can be overlooked if mentally they are the same. She has been in the spotlight for so long so she should be more mature than a normal 16 year old.

That being said I think she is crap.

madlove
Apr 18th, 2009, 04:59 PM
i cant stand both but jamie is an ass.

bad_angel_109
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:50 PM
i remember reading about this :lol:
i like miley, she's cool. altho im no tweeny bopper :p

rockstar
Apr 18th, 2009, 06:14 PM
24 and 28, are not a big deal.
but if your a teenager 4 years can be a lifetime apart.

yeah, 20 and 16 seems a bit far for their age.

i always thought a good way to calculate was to divide the guy's age by 2 then add 7.

so 20/2 + 7 = 17. if she were 17, it'd make a big difference to me :lol:

Wigglytuff
Apr 18th, 2009, 08:18 PM

a 12 year old is only 4 years younger than a 16 year old? would you not think it was a big deal if she was going out with a 12 year old boy?