WD Akgul :D

Lulu.
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Damn Alex. :o

Had a lead in the 2nd set too!

This was the best first round opponent she could of had. :rolleyes:

TrojanStallion
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I sure gotta say it.....STOP GIVING STEVENSON WILDCARDS!!!!!! Seriously!!!! She is wayyyy past her prime, and obviously not getting any better....Why not give these wildcards out to the young hopefuls, who could thrive on these experiences and grow from them!! Not waste every chance, like Alex does......
*annoyed*

darkangel23
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Lexy :sad:

Akgul :woohoo:

Marionated
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I sure gotta say it.....STOP GIVING STEVENSON WILDCARDS!!!!!! Seriously!!!! She is wayyyy past her prime, and obviously not getting any better....Why not give these wildcards out to the young hopefuls, who could thrive on these experiences and grow from them!! Not waste every chance, like Alex does......
*annoyed*

I like her, but I agree.

pwayne
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Did Akgul perform well on clay last year? Agree with TrojanStallion on giving wildcards to Alexandra.

auntie janie
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Nice work, Akgul! :hatoff: :hug:
I hope this will be the start of a big turnaround for her 2009 season. :angel:

Srodgers
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:30 PM
all of akguls 4 wins have come against americans this year
3 of them have been against WCs and 1 against a qualifier

CoryAnnAvants#1
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:45 PM
all of akguls 4 wins have come against americans this year
3 of them have been against WCs and 1 against a qualifier

And she's had exactly one top 100 win since Roland Garros :o Akgul really needs to pull it together. She's defending a ton of points during the clay court swing and could fall to around #180 or #190 in the rankings by the end of it if she doesn't start stringing together some swings.

Alex, on the other hand, simply needs to retire. This was just about the best first round draw she could have gotten and she lost easily. She'll probably find a way to pull a Wimbledon wildcard though off of some "10th anniversary of her semifinal" bullshit.

The Daviator
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Sexy :sad:

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I'm sad that Dr. J's newfound influence on her life hasn't appeared to help her in tennis at all.

Then again, I never really expected it to... but still. :ras:

tennisIlove09
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Oh geez. I actually liked this draw for Alex. This is clay, so I am not surprised. However, this result seems to happen on every surfaces, so :shrug:

Just Do It
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:57 PM
This is pathetic from Alex. She was up 4-2 and had a GP for 5-2, just horrible.

Jakeev
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Neither player to me seem very disciplined in their tennis. So the result really is not surprising. But stop the retirement crap. If they want to play and can do so, let em do their thing.

*Jean*
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Lexy on clay manages to lose to Akgul on clay :lol:
Cows on ice :lol:

The Dawntreader
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:43 PM
The Drunk Giraffe vs the Gaur:tape::lol:

Guess who is who;)

misael
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:04 PM
231 -245 is Alexandra's lifetime , win /lose. She keeps trying, good luck next time.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:07 PM
This a very nice win for Akgul to keep her inside the top 100 where she belongs :bounce:

misael
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I just checked again, Alexandra has lost in the 1st round 57 times, If it was me I would stop playing, I feel bad for her.

serenus_2k8
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:17 PM
:lol: Akguls fourth win of the year, all against Americans. She seems to have some sort of grudge :p

mauresmofan
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Neither player to me seem very disciplined in their tennis. So the result really is not surprising. But stop the retirement crap. If they want to play and can do so, let em do their thing.

I think the point is she's taking up wild card spots when she clearly does not deserve them. They might as well hand them to random people on the street than give them to her because they have as much chance of winning as she has.

Elisse
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Neither player to me seem very disciplined in their tennis.

Totally wrong...infact, you couldn't be more wrong! :o Just because a player is having problems with results...certainly doesn't mean they are undisciplined...sometimes it's totally the opposite...they are incredibly disciplined and trying too hard to win. I have no idea about Alex, but Akgul is very disciplined when it comes to her tennis and very hard working :worship:

Emina.
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:32 PM
:worship:

andrewC
Apr 14th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Akgul :D

Martian KC
Apr 15th, 2009, 01:25 AM
231 -245 is Alexandra's lifetime , win /lose. She keeps trying, good luck next time.

She's had 231 wins? WTF?

Ellery
Apr 15th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Akgul :hearts:

Jakeev
Apr 15th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Totally wrong...infact, you couldn't be more wrong! :o Just because a player is having problems with results...certainly doesn't mean they are undisciplined...sometimes it's totally the opposite...they are incredibly disciplined and trying too hard to win. I have no idea about Alex, but Akgul is very disciplined when it comes to her tennis and very hard working :worship:

Hmmm you sure about that? Go read IPatty's report on that match and then see how "wrong" you think I am.........

Aravanecaravan
Apr 15th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Hmmm you sure about that? Go read IPatty's report on that match and then see how "wrong" you think I am.........

Just FWIW, every day I was in Ponte Vedra Beach (Tuesday thru Friday), Akgul was on the practice court for 3-4 hours. This was AFTER she had lost to Razzano and was out of the doubles. Every day. I don't think it's right to say she doesn't work hard.

Anyway, congrats, Akgul! Keep going!

jimbo mack
Apr 15th, 2009, 10:57 AM
She's had 231 wins? WTF?

:rolleyes: at the sarcasm lol

jimbo mack
Apr 15th, 2009, 10:58 AM
bad loss for lexy, she reached 2nd round last year after qualifying so ranking will plummet

i guess she will still compete in the american itf's for the rest of the year

pwayne
Apr 15th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Just FWIW, every day I was in Ponte Vedra Beach (Tuesday thru Friday), Akgul was on the practice court for 3-4 hours. This was AFTER she had lost to Razzano and was out of the doubles. Every day. I don't think it's right to say she doesn't work hard.

Did Akgul start playing at a late age compared to most tennis players?

~Eclipsed~
Apr 15th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Way to take advantage of your draw Alex! :yeah:

Stop wasting WCs bitch!! :shout:

Sorry, as a long time delusional fan of hers, I'm allowed to call her that. :p

LCS
Apr 15th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Stevenson will comeback to win Wimbledon!

pwayne
Apr 15th, 2009, 09:22 PM
At least Dr. J watched the match yesterday.

Lulu.
Apr 15th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I'm sad that Dr. J's newfound influence on her life hasn't appeared to help her in tennis at all.

Then again, I never really expected it to... but still. :ras:

I did and still believe it may help eventually. :o

Jakeev
Apr 15th, 2009, 11:11 PM

No disrespect to Akgul cause I actually root for her. But Mimi being disciplined as a tennis player is more than practicing on court for 3-4 hours. It is what you do off the court as well and that is what I question for her as a tennis player.

Elisse
Apr 15th, 2009, 11:16 PM

Yes, I am sure about that and yes, you are totally wrong about her discipline for the game! I've read the report, and honestly a win is a win, it doesn't matter how you get it. I go to lots of tournaments and have seen Akgul play live and train/practise many many times, she is an incredibly hard worker, has 100% discipline and commitment to the game :worship: For someone to travel the low ranked tournaments all on their own from a very young age takes a lot of guts and determination to do that...and to be able to stay motivated in that situation takes a heck of a lot of discipline! And she is no different now, still as committed and passionate about the game.

cn ireland
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Alex:sad:!

I don't know what to say, this was a great chance to get a win but the defeats just keep coming:(!

faboozadoo15
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Poor Alex. She couldn't have picked an easier draw, still to lose in straight sets.

She should hang it up. I'm sorry...