1. Serena, 21-4 84%
2. Dinara, 14-5 74%
3. Dementieva, 23-5 82%
4. Jankovic, 14-5 74%
5. Venus, 15-2 88%
6. Vera, 19-3 86%
7. Ana, 13-5 72%
8. Vika, 23-2 92%:eek:

Based on W/L percentage for the year so far, Vika has performed the best and won the most titles at 3 titles including Miami.

Venus, Dementieva, and Vera each have two titles and winning percentage in the eighties. A win at Charleston would boost Venus ytd w/l above 90%.

Though Serena only has one title, it was the biggest prize of all! She has only lost to other top eight players, except for Marabella where she was injured.

Ana is one of only two of top eight players with no title and she has the lowest overall W/L percentage. Dinara, soon to be #1, has no title for 2009 either. She and Jelena follow Ana with least impressive W/L for the year.

What are the most likely scenarios for best W/L and most titles of the top eight players by year's end?

DISCUSS.

pwayne
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Based on results since July 2008, I would say Serena scenario is most likely.

DownTheLine21
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Ana :help:

I have faith that a return to clay will be the turning point of her season.

soomaal
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I think at least one slam for Venus is standard now anyway, if you'd said 2 slams that would have made it more difficult to guess.

I expect her to go back winning lots of tournaments and 2 slams this year. But then I would say that wouldn't I? lol

miffedmax
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Lena will continue to cruelly tease and torment her fans, playing just well enough to give them hope of a Slam title and a #1 ranking, but never being able to quite deliver.

She'll make the YEC and suck.

Inexplicably, her very quixoticness will make her fans even more besotted with her.

And she still won't grow back her bangs.

In other words, business as usual in the Gardens of Edem.

Inger67
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Venus' % will soon be increased :)

friendsita
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:36 PM
The girls have a chance at the french but the other 2 slams will go to Willias, small tournaments don't matter.

The Daviator
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Ana :help:

I have faith that a return to clay will be the turning point of her season.

:confused:

There's not much difference between 14-5 and 13-5. I'm happy that Ana is top 8 in the race already, I didn't expect that after Australia :help:

jjcrew#1
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:42 PM
where is the Jelena will have a strong claycourt season? :confused:

vwfan
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:33 PM
where is the Jelena will have a strong claycourt season? :confused:oops, it's possible and plausible. absolutely. but slump has more likely defined the first part of the year.

just like for Serena, the projection is a reflection of their current performance and form. Serena won the U.S. Open and Aus Open, but hasn't won another nonslam title in over a year.

serenus_2k8
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:12 PM
I quite like the sound of Renas scenario but I think she has more titles left in her.
Vee will no doubt be a strong contender for slams.
JJ doesnt look like shes slumping anymore and I expect a sudden turn around for Ana when she gets on the dirt too.

vwfan
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM
wow. folks think that Vera or Elena will have a breakthrough?!

wouldn't mind, but it would have to be RG and I'd rather see someone else take that one.:devil:

DownTheLine21
Apr 15th, 2009, 12:05 AM
:confused:

There's not much difference between 14-5 and 13-5. I'm happy that Ana is top 8 in the race already, I didn't expect that after Australia :help:

I wasn't really talking about her record. She's won some matches, but has yet to have a great win or show great form.