PDA

View Full Version : Martina Hingis is innocent

AnnaMariaMartina
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Just to silence the haters even more please read the following :

http://www.cnsproductions.com/druged...aine-positive/

"Prior to 1998, the US threshold level for a positive opiate urine test was a morphine concentration greater than 300 nanograms/ml (ng/ml) or 0.3g/ml. Those levels were changed to concentrations greater than 4000 ng/ml for morphine and 2000 ng/ml for codeine in response to the recognition that poppy seed contamination could indeed result in false-positive opiate test at that level. This is 13 times greater than the amount that would have resulted in a positive urine test for opiates prior to 1998! The International Olympic Committee (IOC) set their threshold for morphine at 1000 ng/ml and will re-examine any disputed positive opiate test upon request. A nanogram is equal to 1000 micrograms so these levels are equivalent to 4.0 g/ml and 2.0 g/ml in the US and 1 g/ml for the IOC.

Antibiotic medications like amoxicillin or ampicillin have been misidentified as cocaine in some tests."

Also, the nail in the coffin for this subject is right here :

http://www.acmt.net/cgi/page.cgi?aid=7&_id=52&zine=show

"The National Institute for Drug Abuse standard for a positive urine for illicit use of cocaine is: 1) a positive screening procedure with a threshold of detection at or above 300 ng/ml with a confirmation of the presence of benzoylecgonine above a threshold at or above 150 ng/ml using gas chromatography/mass spectroscopy"

42 NG/ML is NOT a positive for cocaine.

FURTHERMORE :

This article discusses passive cocaine exposure.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or.../full/102/1/e5

"we considered results positive only if results exceeded a cutoff of 50 ng/mL."

Even in a BABY, 42 NG/ML is NOT a positive result from passive exposure.

Consider this as well :

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backis...research01.htm

"cocaine threshold, 300 ng/mL"

Unless you are at 300 NG/ML the FBI does not consider this positive.

It's time for the Martina haters to shut up and apply logic and science to the matter.

In The Zone
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Who cares? Martina wasn't winning at that point, anyway. She was on her way out without the coke. Cocaine is not a performance enhancing drug. Martina can sniff sniff sniff all she wants now.

AnnaMariaMartina
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:57 AM
42 NG/ML is not an accepted positive in any valid test known anywhere.

42NG/ML is only 14% of 300NG/ML or 28% of 150NG/ML. Either way it is a small percentage of what an accepted positive is considered.

Martina is innocent.

darrinbaker00
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Just to silence the haters even more please read the following :

http://www.cnsproductions.com/druged...aine-positive/

"Prior to 1998, the US threshold level for a positive opiate urine test was a morphine concentration greater than 300 nanograms/ml (ng/ml) or 0.3g/ml. Those levels were changed to concentrations greater than 4000 ng/ml for morphine and 2000 ng/ml for codeine in response to the recognition that poppy seed contamination could indeed result in false-positive opiate test at that level. This is 13 times greater than the amount that would have resulted in a positive urine test for opiates prior to 1998! The International Olympic Committee (IOC) set their threshold for morphine at 1000 ng/ml and will re-examine any disputed positive opiate test upon request. A nanogram is equal to 1000 micrograms so these levels are equivalent to 4.0 g/ml and 2.0 g/ml in the US and 1 g/ml for the IOC.

Antibiotic medications like amoxicillin or ampicillin have been misidentified as cocaine in some tests."

Also, the nail in the coffin for this subject is right here :

http://www.acmt.net/cgi/page.cgi?aid=7&_id=52&zine=show

"The National Institute for Drug Abuse standard for a positive urine for illicit use of cocaine is: 1) a positive screening procedure with a threshold of detection at or above 300 ng/ml with a confirmation of the presence of benzoylecgonine above a threshold at or above 150 ng/ml using gas chromatography/mass spectroscopy"

42 NG/ML is NOT a positive for cocaine.

FURTHERMORE :

This article discusses passive cocaine exposure.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or.../full/102/1/e5

"we considered results positive only if results exceeded a cutoff of 50 ng/mL."

Even in a BABY, 42 NG/ML is NOT a positive result from passive exposure.

Consider this as well :

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/fsc/backis...research01.htm

"cocaine threshold, 300 ng/mL"

Unless you are at 300 NG/ML the FBI does not consider this positive.

It's time for the Martina haters to shut up and apply logic and science to the matter.
If the WTA Tour, ATP or the ITF used the FBI or National Institute for Drug Abuse standard for their drug testing, your post would be relevant. Since they don't, it isn't. Sorry. :shrug:

AnnaMariaMartina
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Not true. No accepted worldwide standard for a positive is 42 NG/ML.

Show me where 42 NG/Ml is a known and accepted standard for a positive outside of the WTA, which is not a medical insitution nor a law enforcement agency capable of understanding the science behind the test. They hold tennis games, and are hardly qualified to comprehend the science behind drug tests.

Not even in an infant baby, whose system is much smaller and concentrated, is 42NG/ML a positive.

azza
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:22 AM
i enjoy cocaine here and there

kmy2cents

darrinbaker00
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Not true. No accepted worldwide standard for a positive is 42 NG/ML.

Show me where 42 NG/Ml is a known and accepted standard for a positive outside of the WTA, which is not a medical insitution nor a law enforcement agency capable of understanding the science behind the test. They hold tennis games, and are hardly qualified to comprehend the science behind drug tests.

Not even in an infant baby, whose system is much smaller and concentrated, is 42NG/ML a positive.
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/thewtatour/antidoping/

The World Anti-Doping Agency, that's where.

Wojtek
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:53 AM
kmy2cents

:confused::confused::confused:

kiwifan
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho1yJwvWCrw

:)

VeeReeDavJCap81
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:12 AM

kmy2cents

Dorothy: "The final piece of the puzzle"

KanSuke
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:23 AM
:inlove:

gentenaire
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Clearly, her levels must have been higher than what WADA allows. Perhaps the 42 ng/ml is wrong. Where did you get that number from?

(that said, I do think her punishment is too harsh as I don't consider cocaine to be performance enhancing)

Golovinjured.
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I still don't know why cocaine is even tested for. :confused:

FREE MARTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

sabandborg
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Dunno why you think that'll silence anyone ---> she failed the tests and thats that. (your links are crap! btw)

She surely wasn't a lying cheat and her drug issue isn't performance enhancing. She has my very best regards!

Get help if yah need it Martina!

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:11 AM
If the WTA Tour, ATP or the ITF used the FBI or National Institute for Drug Abuse standard for their drug testing, your post would be relevant. Since they don't, it isn't. Sorry. :shrug:

That pretty much sums it up.

MyskinaManiac
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:11 AM

kmy2cents

I'm onto you... :D

martinahfan
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:25 AM
yesss she is 100% innocent :)
sign the petition please :) only 774 signs :(

http://www.petitiononline.com/hingis/petition.html

Golovinjured.
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:24 AM
She's not a cheat, everyone here knows that. It's just a shame that the media has portrayed her as such, and to the average joe it's tarnished the legacy she leaves. I mean, it's cocaine. :weirdo:

mckyle.
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I still don't know why cocaine is even tested for. :confused:

Because it's illegal throughout practically the entire free world? :p

We can't have professional athletes representing our sport with a nasty drug scandal.

Max565
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I just don't care anymore :lol:

Can't wait to see her on beat the star! :p

Alex03Maccy
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:34 AM
regardless of what she's done, they should free her for the good of the WTA tour. no one apart from her and henin can beat the Williams sisters at their best.

Golovinjured.
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:46 AM
regardless of what she's done, they should free her for the good of the WTA tour. no one apart from her and henin can beat the Williams sisters at their best.

You're going to get called a racist. :unsure:

Dodoboy.
Apr 14th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Keep her locked up!

$uricate
Apr 14th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I always knew she was innocent.

Alex03Maccy
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:22 PM
You're going to get called a racist. :unsure:
i just mean there's no competition for them when they're at the best, it can be boring to have the same people winning tourns, regardless of who they are.

barmaid
Apr 14th, 2009, 02:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho1yJwvWCrw

:)

This video is a perfect exmple to the teenagers watching about the lovely role models Yoko and Lennon were "stoned out of their skull most of the time":eek:..one time they even appeared in the nude together (in a store window I believe).:rolleyes:..my, my...as talented a musician as John was...his morals were the "pits" except of course his dream of worldwide peace"!:angel:

Barmaid:wavey:

miffedmax
Apr 14th, 2009, 04:00 PM
This thread is sort of like the old line "Is it true you've stopped beating your wife?"

Most people, I think, at this point think of Hingis as a champion tennis player, not a cokehead. Even I, a major Martina-hater, don't really think much about the drug allegations.

Threads like this do more to call attention to the allegations of her drug use than her legacy as a champion.

Shut up about it and it would most likely go away, just like JCap's smoking a little pot.

I personally am inclined to not believe the allegations against Hingis, but my gosh, if the worst thing the woman did was a little toot, weighed against all her accomplishments, then so what?

The dog is asleep. Let it lie. Don't embarass Hingis or yourself.

Dave.
Apr 14th, 2009, 04:07 PM
She is innocent in the sense that she should never have been banned. Either way, her legacy is still fine and her place in tennis history is still intact.

Keep her locked up!

Get out of here :rolleyes:

danieln1
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Shes a legend with or without the coke, for all of her fans shes innocent!

TSequoia01
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Quote: The dog is asleep. Let it lie. Don't embarass Hingis or yourself.

Dog may have had a little toot as well ya think? lol joking, for me Hingis is a great champion and this will not tarnish her legacy.

markdelaney
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:24 PM

and it's time for you to grow up and accept the facts.

Ciarn
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Sure http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss85/mrsneves/MsgPlus_Img3905.png

Helen Lawson
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I was talking to my pal Neely O'Hara last week at a Senior Citizens for McCain meeting, we were looking for single men for dates, half of them don't even know the election is over! I told her about the Martina Hingis scandal to get her thoughts, as Neely is a well-known drug fiend/addict in the Broadway/Hollywood community who's been in and out of the nuthouse more often than I've had my face lifted, and trust me, that A LOT. Neely just laughed and said, "Hel, I got wigs from 1977 that have a higher cocaine content than that broad's hair!"

Volcana
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:40 PM
She´s a legend with or without the coke, for all of her fans she´s innocent!I happen to think the coacaine accusation is irrelevant to the game. But the idea ....Matina Hingis = 'innocent'I'm not sure Martina Hingis had an innocent moment past age twelve. She was better at getting inside other players head than any player I've ever seen, on any level. What exactly do you do with a player who, at seventeen, asked you before the match, 'Should I serve first or should I break you?'

One thing you don't do is decide she doesn't know any better, HIngis may have been born knowing better. That's what made her great. You walk oncourt against Serena, the fear is she makes you look helpless. You walk oncourt against Hingis, the fear is she makes you look stupid.

We all have our own fears, but I'd way rather leave the court after a match feeling I'd been beat down than feeling I was too stupid to breathe.

friendsita
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Martina is INOCENT, never doubt about that.

barmaid
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I happen to think the coacain e accusation is irrevant to the game. But the idea ....Matina Hingis = 'innocent'I'm not sure Martina Hingis had an innocent moment past age twelve. She was better at gettin ginside other players head than any player I've ever seen, on any level. What exactly do you do with aplayer who, at seventeen, asked you before the match, 'Should I serve first or should I break you?'

One thing you don't do is decide she doesn't know any better, HIngis mya have been bornknowing better. That's what made her great. You walk oncourt against Serena, the fear is she makes you look helpless. You walk oncourt against Hingis, the fear is she makes you look stupid.

We all have our own fears, but I'd way rather leave the court after a match feeling I'd been beat down than feeling I was too stupid to breathe.
Volcana, You're right in saying "Martina didn't have an innocent moment past twelve":lol: her Mom was busy showing her how to change male partners early:rolleyes: but I agree with you in that Martina's genius on the court will far outshine any indiscretion she may have had along the way!:angel::worship:

Barmaid:wavey:

Kart
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I guess Martina's lawyer must have overlooked this key piece of information at her hearing :confused:.

AnnaMariaMartina
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I guess this proves even the facts aren't enough to silence the haters.

42 NG/ML is not considered a positive in a BABY, let alone a grown woman.

AndreConrad
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I happen to think the coacain e accusation is irrevant to the game. But the idea ....Matina Hingis = 'innocent'
I'm not sure Martina Hingis had an innocent moment past age twelve. She was better at gettin ginside other players head than any player I've ever seen, on any level. What exactly do you do with aplayer who, at seventeen, asked you before the match, 'Should I serve first or should I break you?'

One thing you don't do is decide she doesn't know any better, HIngis mya have been bornknowing better. That's what made her great. You walk oncourt against Serena, the fear is she makes you look helpless. You walk oncourt against Hingis, the fear is she makes you look stupid.

I really like your comment; I think it is witty and insightful. However, I think you twisted the original thread thought for your own purpose. I believe Martina may be innocent with regards to the cocaine use and it was not necessary to destroy her name by making the accusation and suspending her. She was a brilliant tennis player on many levels and I miss her very much and I wasn't even her fan.

DA FOREHAND
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Dunno why you think that'll silence anyone ---> she failed the tests and thats that. (your links are crap! btw)

She surely wasn't a lying cheat and her drug issue isn't performance enhancing. She has my very best regards!

Get help if yah need it Martina!

why you got to go and drag Justine into this?:tape:

DA FOREHAND
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I happen to think the coacain e accusation is irrevant to the game. But the idea ....
Matina Hingis = 'innocent'
I'm not sure Martina Hingis had an innocent moment past age twelve. She was better at gettin ginside other players head than any player I've ever seen, on any level. What exactly do you do with aplayer who, at seventeen, asked you before the match, 'Should I serve first or should I break you?'

excellent post

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I guess this proves even the facts aren't enough to silence the haters.

42 NG/ML is not considered a positive in a BABY, let alone a grown woman.

According to the WTA, it is. :shrug:

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:42 PM
:weirdo: yes let's keep people on tour who use illegal drugs...

jjcrew#1
Apr 14th, 2009, 11:19 PM
I think many people are tired of hearing about this and don't really care anymore!

Golovinjured.
Apr 15th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Because it's illegal throughout practically the entire free world? :p

We can't have professional athletes representing our sport with a nasty drug scandal.

If you wanna call that a reason. :rolleyes:

AnnaMariaMartina
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM
This goes to show you can show the facts to the haters and they will still line up like sheep to the slaughter just to show their hate to the world.

42 NG/ML IS NOT EVEN A PASSIVE POSITIVE RESULT IN A BABY, LET ALONE A GROWN ADULT.

thetennistimes
Apr 16th, 2009, 02:40 PM
There seems a lot more to this story.. but come on .. it was only some weed. lol

Dave B
Apr 16th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I was talking to my pal Neely O'Hara last week at a Senior Citizens for McCain meeting, we were looking for single men for dates, half of them don't even know the election is over! I told her about the Martina Hingis scandal to get her thoughts, as Neely is a well-known drug fiend/addict in the Broadway/Hollywood community who's been in and out of the nuthouse more often than I've had my face lifted, and trust me, that A LOT. Neely just laughed and said, "Hel, I got wigs from 1977 that have a higher cocaine content than that broad's hair!"

I wonder how Hollywood would change if it were governed by the same drug restrictions as the WTA. :lol:

darrinbaker00
Apr 16th, 2009, 03:50 PM
This goes to show you can show the facts to the haters and they will still line up like sheep to the slaughter just to show their hate to the world.

42 NG/ML IS NOT EVEN A PASSIVE POSITIVE RESULT IN A BABY, LET ALONE A GROWN ADULT.
You need help.

miffedmax
Apr 16th, 2009, 04:34 PM

We don't hate her for doing blow. We hate her for being a snotty bitch who does blow.

It's a fine, but critical, distinction.

youizahoe
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Oh boy. What a stupid Martina fan. It does NOT matter how much of a banned substance you have in your body, it justs matters that you tested positive.

There ain't an agency that will say, yes take any substance just don't take too much of it, so it's still legal.

The use of any drug is illegal in any country, so based on that they already can give her a ban from the tour.

---

I do agree on the fact that cocaine doesn't enhance performance, when I took drugs one I was just happy and very lazy :D So yes those 2 years were a bit too hard, 6 month would have been fine !

jefrilibra
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:06 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/mariana196/Who-Fucking-Cares.jpg

AnnaMariaMartina
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Funny how this thread and the facts still bring out the racist Williams fans. Black on white hate, it appears. How wonderful.

G1Player2
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Funny how this thread and the facts still bring out the racist Williams fans. Black on white hate, it appears. How wonderful.

You're a :weirdo: No such thing as "black on white" hate in the terms I am assuming you mean. Whites have a history of terrorizing and intimidating blacks with violence. Same can't be said otherwise. Read a book. :rolleyes:

youizahoe
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:52 AM

I'm white, so I would hate white? OMG. You are so stupid that monkey eating flees looks like something Einstein would have come up with.

Guess you really are even sader than Martina herself.

miffedmax
Apr 17th, 2009, 01:50 AM
I'm so freakin' WASPy even other WASPs notice. I'm a stereotype right out of "The Preppy Handbook." And I'm a card carrying Hingis-hater and have been since the '90s.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 17th, 2009, 02:01 AM
:rolls:

darrinbaker00
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:00 AM
You don't have any friends in real life, do you?