PDA

View Full Version : 47 years young Susan Boyle on Britain's Got Talent! (incredible)

Cakeisgood
Apr 13th, 2009, 07:15 PM
This woman is a goddess.

9lp0IWv8QZY&feature=haxa_popt00ca00

comfortably.numb
Apr 13th, 2009, 07:29 PM
It's probably the fact that people were laughing at her (because of how she looked) and obviously thinking she would fail before she opened her mouth that made the audition seem so special. I honestly thought her voice wasn't that amazing though. Pretty good, but nothing spectacular. Good for her, though.

Kart
Apr 13th, 2009, 07:54 PM
That was good, I enjoyed it.

Cakeisgood
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:09 PM
She's an old cat lady with all the odds against her and she pulled it off I think. The beginning and the end were really nice (crescendo was lovely), and it's a shame we don't get as many of these stories in North America. America's got talent is mainly bratty, diva blondes in their mid twenties.

Sammm
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Didn'r she say she'd never been kissed? :sobbing:

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:17 PM
^^^ Yeah.:o :hug:

Not the greatest voice but certainly she proved everyone out there that don't judge a book by its cover especially with her attitude before the performance, I thought it was going to be a joke too.:o

wales1994
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:33 PM
ok i'm not lying now but before she started i said shewas the next Paul Pots :embarressed: :lol:

Scotso
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:54 PM
People are still here downplaying her voice. :o

Very nice. :yeah:

Kworb
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:55 PM
It was great, would be better without Ant and Dec being their annoying selves and the audience screaming throughout the entire performance.

Bezz
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:57 PM
was amazing...you could kinda tell that she has probably been singing in her home for years....abit too shy to sing for anyone else....but something she really loves. I hope she goes far.

Martian KC
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:04 PM
It was great, would be better without Ant and Dec being their annoying selves and the audience screaming throughout the entire performance.

Haha, agreed! Always found them to be annoying.

Monica_Rules
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:08 PM
It was a good yes and very unexpected when she first came on the stage but hardly the next big thing. I know Britians got Talent has a different mo to X factor but she wouldn't get to the final 12 on that and if you can't do that you shouldn't do amazingly well on this.

Good luck to her though. I do think she'll end up top 5.

ImaVeggie
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Wow! Thank you for posting this. I thought her voice was simply beautiful. Pure & lovely.

Ellery
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:17 PM
ok i'm not lying now but before she started i said shewas the next Paul Pots :embarressed: :lol:

Paul Potts :hearts: :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I just saw this lady on the Yahoo front page and she has an absolutely beautiful voice :worship:

vadin124
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:55 PM
It was a good yes and very unexpected when she first came on the stage but hardly the next big thing. I know Britians got Talent has a different mo to X factor but she wouldn't get to the final 12 on that and if you can't do that you shouldn't do amazingly well on this.

Good luck to her though. I do think she'll end up top 5.

based on voice alone, only 3 of last years acts had a voice as good as or better than Susans (Ruth, Laura and Alexandra)...everyone else, Susan beats...she woudln't do well in that competition because she doesn't look the part

Haute
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Is there a link to a different video? This one has been disabled. :sad:

fufuqifuqishahah
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Just click on the video Haute and it will go to the youtube page. :]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Anyways, I felt emotional for some reason when she was singing that xD.

With good vocal coaching and better stage presence, she could be quite good. :]

Jakeev
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I thought her voice was amazing. The purity alone makes it so wonderful.

But what keeps me watching her over and over is how incredible brave she is at 47 and looking just ordinary that she might end but being absolutely extroardinary.

It's people like her that should be inspiring others to live their dreams.

I'm totally gonna be on her bandwagon.:bounce:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:39 AM
The best act I've seen so far is the dance group Flawless :bowdown: :worship:

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 14th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Flawless is really amazing!:worship:

Max565
Apr 14th, 2009, 04:18 PM
She has an incredible voice considering she's a just a non-famous civilian. I hope she wins :p But how sad... she looks about 10 years older than her age and never been kissed. :( No doubt, she'll get the whole showbiz makeover and a large following like Paul Potts.

raquel
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Well done Susan :D :hug:

I really enjoyed this on Saturday and hope she enjoys every minute :)

Bayo
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:33 PM
She has a Disney princess voice. I was half expecting squirrels and birds to start filing in from the sides of the stage to sing along with her.

svetaisthebest
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:48 PM
I thought her voice was amazing. The purity alone makes it so wonderful.

But what keeps me watching her over and over is how incredible brave she is at 47 and looking just ordinary that she might end but being absolutely extroardinary.

It's people like her that should be inspiring others to live their dreams.

I'm totally gonna be on her bandwagon.:bounce:

totally agree:worship:
Good Luck to her!:hug: I really hope she wins it:)

tennisbear7
Apr 15th, 2009, 12:06 AM
She reminds me of the bird lady in Home Alone. :unsure:

But she has a wonderful voice. :D

skanky~skanketta
Apr 15th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Loved her voice. and I love ant & dec! one of them, i've had a crush on for years. te one who said "wht a load of tosh"

V-MAC
Apr 15th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Wow that girl in the audience making faces at 1:24 must have been mortified when she watched this back:o

Cakeisgood
Apr 15th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Wow that girl in the audience making faces at 1:24 must have been mortified when she watched this back:o

hahaha what a bitch.

Philbo
Apr 15th, 2009, 09:41 AM
A totally inspirational video. I might actually watch the show now just to see how she gets on... Felt so bad for her when she said she'd 'never been kissed'.

galadriel
Apr 15th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Susan :worship::worship::worship:

Mashabator
Apr 15th, 2009, 12:17 PM
the judges always judge them before they sing.

The Dawntreader
Apr 15th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I feel sorry for people like this. Seems really decent and honest, but she's entering a world that's cruel, fickle and manipluative.

I do like that song from Les Miserables though, even if it has been sang WAY better by other singers.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 15th, 2009, 02:07 PM
This woman is a goddess.

9lp0IWv8QZY&feature=haxa_popt00ca00
Awesome :worship:

Harry O
Apr 15th, 2009, 11:08 PM
She's crap, I sound better singing in the shower!

Ellery
Apr 15th, 2009, 11:09 PM
She's crap, I sound better singing in the shower!

:spit:

Expat
Apr 15th, 2009, 11:30 PM
its crap
I skipped over directly to the singing part in the video and it was just ordinary singing :shrug:

Hayato
Apr 16th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Wow! Beautiful! I really hope she wins!
Unforgettable! Thanks so much for sharing :D

moby
Apr 16th, 2009, 05:20 AM
The question is: will this video eventually displace Avril's Girlfriend as the most watched video on youtube? I hope so.

igralec33
Apr 16th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Proof that you can not judge book by its cover.
I can't believe - she sing so great. :yeah:

bee888
Apr 16th, 2009, 01:57 PM
She was great... what a beautiful voice... amazing...
I had goosebumps the first time I heard her voice...

She is even better than some of the present crop of American Idol contestants....

jrm
Apr 16th, 2009, 02:31 PM
People like underdogs so she will win

5 days and has been seen over 12,000.000 times on youtube

Craig.
Apr 16th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Teary-eyed :tears:

spiceboy
Apr 16th, 2009, 02:43 PM
:bigcry:

Susan :hug:

Sally Struthers
Apr 16th, 2009, 03:19 PM
she's fabulous! I don't think it's so much her voice but that she represents every single person who has had a dream and was told they aren't good enough or pretty enough or smart enough and will never achieve it and gives them hope. you go girl!:rocker:

Meteor Shower
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I saw her at the news today.. me and my parents were just blown away.
amazing! Good luck Susan! :D

Jakeev
Apr 16th, 2009, 08:21 PM
its crap
I skipped over directly to the singing part in the video and it was just ordinary singing :shrug:
Of course it was. She was freaking singing on stage for the first time before a large audience and who knows how many people watching her on tv.
Just that alone made her extroardinary, especially with the fact she is not a trained singer.
Sheesh just freaking root for her, she is something different out there for crying out loud.

ivanban
Apr 16th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Susan, that was amazing :eek: simply astonishing performance :speakles: :worship:

hankqq
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:02 PM
amazing :bowdown: hopefully she can win :D

young_gunner913
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I loved how people in the audience were covering their mouths with laughter and the moment she opened her mouth it was a big middle finger. I thought she was simply amazing. I hope she wins. She's just got to. :worship:

P_Fer
Apr 16th, 2009, 10:54 PM
That was so uplifting :worship:
Thank you Susan.

Ciarán
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:08 PM
:bowdown:

Ellery
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Susan is a goddess :bowdown:

azza
Apr 17th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Oi someone tell me who Paul Potts is?

vadin124
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Oi someone tell me who Paul Potts is?

a poor man's Susan Boyle...:worship::worship:

Ellery
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:34 AM
a poor man's Susan Boyle...:worship::worship:

:fiery: :fiery:

Pasta-Na
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:36 AM
everything to do with m_boyle? :shrug:

Cakeisgood
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:58 AM
I'm glad you are all enjoying this lovely woman as much as I do :)

drake3781
Apr 17th, 2009, 07:36 AM
A few questions.

Is she really so good? I can't tell; don't have an ear for professional voice. I mean compared to a lot of good singers, how is she?

On Britain's show, do the contestants sing a lot of different styles, the way they do in the US? In the US the concept is that the person has to be somewhat versatile and appeal to a young demographic. Is Britain's show the same or is this more looking for talent of any shape/form?

égalité
Apr 17th, 2009, 07:48 AM
A few questions.

Is she really so good? I can't tell; don't have an ear for professional voice. I mean compared to a lot of good singers, how is she?

On Britain's show, do the contestants sing a lot of different styles, the way they do in the US? In the US the concept is that the person has to be somewhat versatile and appeal to a young demographic. Is Britain's show the same or is this more looking for talent of any shape/form?

My boyfriend is a very good and very technically knowledgeable singer, and when I showed him this, he turned to me and said "I get chills when people are really on key." So yes, she is really that good.

jrm
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:06 AM
LOL, 80% of people in the audience were going 'Elaine Page who'?

Kworb
Apr 17th, 2009, 10:22 AM

She's very good, but obviously lacks professional training. I think her beautiful, angelic tone is what makes the performance so spectacular.

frenchie
Apr 17th, 2009, 11:01 AM
waou!!

they just showed her on french TV and I must say she's amazing
She should change her look though

Miss Atomic Bomb
Apr 17th, 2009, 11:01 AM
She has a lovely voice (probably a soprano) and quite a good understanding of the dynamics , her crescendo was indeed very good . Technically I thought her song was quite good given the circumstances (it being her first time on such a big stage)

But what got me was the emotions in her voice. They just gave me a chill. Simply awesome :worship:

I personally liked it more (just because of those emotions) than even the Hayley Westenra (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcMJlTjzZgs&feature=related) rendition (which was quite flat). The Ruthie Henshall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt-IBJpEMzA&feature=related) rendition is just superb :eek:

frenchie
Apr 17th, 2009, 11:24 AM
LOL

now I just saw her in the belgian tv news

Miss Atomic Bomb
Apr 17th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Here is a song she sang in 1999, its so good :eek:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/04/16/exclusive-susan-boyle-s-first-ever-song-release-revealed-listen-to-it-here-86908-21283564/

ivanban
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:06 PM
She has a lovely voice (probably a soprano) and quite a good understanding of the dynamics , her crescendo was indeed very good . Technically I thought her song was quite good given the circumstances (it being her first time on such a big stage)

But what got me was the emotions in her voice. They just gave me a chill. Simply awesome :worship:

I personally liked it more (just because of those emotions) than even the Hayley Westenra (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcMJlTjzZgs&feature=related) rendition (which was quite flat). The Ruthie Henshall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt-IBJpEMzA&feature=related) rendition is just superb :eek:

Yes, Ruthie's version of "I Dreamed a Dream" is the best of them all, Hayley's version is also good but kinda too soft. Susan, though :worship:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/04/16/exclusive-susan-boyle-s-first-ever-song-release-revealed-listen-to-it-here-86908-21283564/

:drool: :hearts: :inlove: :worship:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Yes, Ruthie's version of "I Dreamed a Dream" is the best of them all, Hayley's version is also good but kinda too soft. Susan, though :worship:

Yea, I thought so too, but then again she is a LEGEND of West End. Her songs are absolutely perfect.

lympyisthebest
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:12 PM

I liked Ruthie's performance best. I'm a massive fan of Hayley, and for a 15yo in that video, that was pretty darn good!

ivanban
Apr 17th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Yea, I thought so too, but then again she is a LEGEND of West End. Her songs are absolutely perfect.

Exactly....Ruthie's voice and diction....just perfect :speakles:

I liked Ruthie's performance best. I'm a massive fan of Hayley, and for a 15yo in that video, that was pretty darn good!

Agreed, for a 15yo that's unbelievable :yeah:

bad_angel_109
Apr 17th, 2009, 01:00 PM
i saw this and she's amazing. but im not 100% sure she'll win for some reason :shrug: i think its coz of paul potts' story being sooo similar

Vanity Bonfire
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:15 PM
She's got to win! BGT is full of 13 year old kids, and so this is such a change (George Sampson still gives me the creeps - not that good anyway).

Kworb
Apr 17th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Cry Me A River :inlove:

I want an entire CD of that.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 18th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Susan has been ALL OVER the tv here in the US for the past few days. Its really quite amazing :worship:

domon17th
Apr 18th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Love this woman!

young_gunner913
Apr 18th, 2009, 11:32 AM
just watched it again :sobbing: it sends chills up my spine listening to her. and just seeing how truly happy it made her is just great. i really really hope she wins. :worship:

Brena
Apr 18th, 2009, 04:23 PM
LOL, 80% of people in the audience were going 'Elaine Page who'?

:sobbing:
Also, if you check any of the most viewed Elaine Paige youtube clips, you'll notice that last 20-odd comments are ''never heard of her before Susan Boyle mentioned her'' :sobbing:

But Susan is fabulous! :bowdown::bowdown: It was such a fantastic rendition of a musical number and it takes more than just good voice do manage that!

Valanga
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:02 PM
:wtf: to those people who cast an ugly glance when Susan said "professional singer" and "Elaine Paige",
and the judge as well.

Thx Susan, your voice touches my heart.
I feel like you are the one who dreamed the dream
you really give your emotion to sing the song...
No matter what the future would turn out, you are getting famous;
and your voice is sent, and preserved for years and years.

Thanks, susan.

LeonHart
Apr 18th, 2009, 11:02 PM
She looks like a drag. But he voice is a surprise that's for sure :angel:

Monica_Rules
Apr 18th, 2009, 11:13 PM
she may have some competition from a young 12 year old boy from Swansea in winning this thing.

korben
Apr 18th, 2009, 11:23 PM
5 days and has been seen over 12,000.000 times on youtube

7 days and 27,400.000 (plus about 22,000.000 more on others of front page of this weeks most viewed)

She already is a STAR :worship: Have to be at least bit famous to be honored on comedy shows. Here is clip from Jimmy Fallon show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHwgCcj9UCU)

Kworb
Apr 19th, 2009, 02:59 AM
I don't know what it is about her performance but I keep watching it, it's so moving. If only Ant and Dec weren't there and the audience wasn't so loud.

drake3781
Apr 19th, 2009, 04:48 AM
I don't think she really looks so awful or bad, does she? :shrug: I kind of like the way she looks.

Hachiko
Apr 19th, 2009, 04:52 AM
I can't stop watching this. Love her voice and the way she is.

MaxQue
Apr 19th, 2009, 05:57 AM
I suppose than somebody will sign her to do a record.

Haute
Apr 19th, 2009, 06:30 AM

I just came across that as well on youtube. She is amazing. :worship:

Here's the link to the youtube as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ

Zhao
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:11 AM
this is just so awesome! all ym friends r talking abt her

and trust me..she's better than any of our Idols... :rolleyes:

Zhao
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:21 AM
this song has to go UK top40 this week

Sam L
Apr 19th, 2009, 02:32 PM
That was pretty good.

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:27 PM
2qSu_-yvavM
Singing "My Heart Will Go On" for Larry King.:eek: :yeah:

Sally Struthers
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:29 PM
2qSu_-yvavM
Singing "My Heart Will Go On" for Larry King.:eek: :yeah:

that was not so good :shrug: Maybe she is a one trick pony?

Kworb
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah that sucked. Wrong song for her. :shrug:

Dave.
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Amazing! She could be huge! Seeing how happy she was and how shocked everyone else was :hearts:

The audience were annoying though. Shut up, listen and clap at the end :weirdo:

DevilishAttitude
Apr 19th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I am already bored of Susan Boyle. God help us when she reaches the final 10 and we have to start hearing about her journey. :yawn:

comfortably.numb
Apr 19th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I agree. Although I never really got the hype in the first place. She's just pretty average to me.

AdeyC
Apr 20th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I am already bored of Susan Boyle. God help us when she reaches the final 10 and we have to start hearing about her journey. :yawn:

That would happen whoever was in the final 10.

So Disrespectful
Apr 20th, 2009, 09:23 AM
That rendition of "My Heart will go on" was absolutely horrible!

bad_angel_109
Apr 20th, 2009, 10:58 AM
is it true she was offered $1 million to lose her virginity in a porno? when i read the article i was still a bit suss about it :scratch:

Pasta-Na
Apr 21st, 2009, 01:20 AM
"An American porn company is hoping to cash in on the phenomenal popularity of Susan Boyle, offering her US$1 million to lose her virginity on camera.

Boyle is the dowdy Scottish singer who was launched to instant fame after appearing on the UK reality series Britain's Got Talent, where she stunned the show's judges with an angelic rendition of the Les Miserables song 'I Dreamed a Dream'.

People all around the world are captivated by 47-year-old Boyle's voice, her frumpy appearance and her unusual personality — she claims she's a virgin and has never even been kissed.

Clips of her debut performance have been streamed by millions of people on the internet.

Now the Los Angeles Times reports that US-based adult entertainment company Kick Ass Pictures has offered Boyle big bucks to have sex on camera... but the offer is only good for the next week.

"We want to get this movie shot and out while Susan has the world's attention," said company president Mark Kulkis. "Besides, after 47 years of virginity, I'm sure Susan is also anxious to get something cracking as soon as possible."

It's very unlikely Boyle will accept the tacky proposal — she's reportedly a devout Catholic.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/news/article/-/article/5511295/susan-boyle-offered-1-million-to-lose-virginity-on-camera/

korben
Apr 21st, 2009, 01:22 AM
Youtube - Susan Boyle singing "Killing Me Softly" demo recording (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ai27pvt-PY)

An early demo tape made by Susan Boyle, the unemployed church volunteer who shot to fame after appearing on Britain's Got Talent, has been unearthed by Telegraph.co.uk (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/5182599/Early-recording-of-Britains-Got-Talents-Susan-Boyle-unearthed.html).

Reuters (http://blogs.reuters.com/fanfare/2009/04/20/susan-boyle-breaks-past-100-million-online-views/): Susan Boyle breaks past 100 million online views

The latest numbers put Boyle at 103 million total video views on more than 20 different Web sites Clips of Boyle’s performance on “Britain’s Got Talent” have generated 91.6 million views to date, Visible Measures said. The rest of the online views have been for other material, such as Boyle’s 1999 rendition of “Cry Me a River,” interviews and fan videos.

Boyle has yet to reach the Internet success of singer Mariah Carey’s “Touch My Body,” a video that has been seen 164 million times since it was posted online a little more than a year ago

No good. She hasn´t gotten past Mariah Careys over year old video in 9 days.:rolleyes:

SV_Fan
Apr 21st, 2009, 01:22 AM
The clarity is amazing, if she had some training she would be an excellent lyric soprano. She has a nice tone. So inspirational. The thing that makes her so good is people already knocked her down even the host, and every had their back against her. She didnt chicken or anything she stayed true to herself, and sung the hell out of that song.

She seems like such a sweet lady, whos been through so much.

Her might heart will go on was decent, she more a classical singer.

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 21st, 2009, 05:37 AM
Youtube - Susan Boyle singing "Killing Me Softly" demo recording (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ai27pvt-PY)

An early demo tape made by Susan Boyle, the unemployed church volunteer who shot to fame after appearing on Britain's Got Talent, has been unearthed by Telegraph.co.uk (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/5182599/Early-recording-of-Britains-Got-Talents-Susan-Boyle-unearthed.html).

Reuters (http://blogs.reuters.com/fanfare/2009/04/20/susan-boyle-breaks-past-100-million-online-views/): Susan Boyle breaks past 100 million online views

The latest numbers put Boyle at 103 million total video views on more than 20 different Web sites Clips of Boyle’s performance on “Britain’s Got Talent” have generated 91.6 million views to date, Visible Measures said. The rest of the online views have been for other material, such as Boyle’s 1999 rendition of “Cry Me a River,” interviews and fan videos.

Boyle has yet to reach the Internet success of singer Mariah Carey’s “Touch My Body,” a video that has been seen 164 million times since it was posted online a little more than a year ago

No good. She hasn´t gotten past Mariah Careys over year old video in 9 days.:rolleyes:

Mimi rules.:rocker2:

madlove
Apr 22nd, 2009, 03:25 AM
i adore her. how i wish my grandma could sing like her...

Miss Atomic Bomb
Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:56 AM

Killing me softly demo recording (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ai27pvt-PY)

Cry me a river (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ)

Dont think she is a one trick pony.

Noctis
Apr 22nd, 2009, 10:52 PM
I was Stunned :yeah:

Jakeev
Apr 24th, 2009, 09:34 AM
The clarity is amazing, if she had some training she would be an excellent lyric soprano. She has a nice tone. So inspirational. The thing that makes her so good is people already knocked her down even the host, and every had their back against her. She didnt chicken or anything she stayed true to herself, and sung the hell out of that song.

She seems like such a sweet lady, whos been through so much.

Her might heart will go on was decent, she more a classical singer.
People even after two weeks still want to put her down. Let the lady sing I say.

I'm kinda glad she decided enough is enough for now. She still has the show next month to get through.

raffles
Apr 24th, 2009, 07:27 PM
"An American porn company is hoping to cash in on the phenomenal popularity of Susan Boyle, offering her US$1 million to lose her virginity on camera.

Boyle is the dowdy Scottish singer who was launched to instant fame after appearing on the UK reality series Britain's Got Talent, where she stunned the show's judges with an angelic rendition of the Les Miserables song 'I Dreamed a Dream'.

People all around the world are captivated by 47-year-old Boyle's voice, her frumpy appearance and her unusual personality — she claims she's a virgin and has never even been kissed.

Clips of her debut performance have been streamed by millions of people on the internet.

Now the Los Angeles Times reports that US-based adult entertainment company Kick Ass Pictures has offered Boyle big bucks to have sex on camera... but the offer is only good for the next week.

"We want to get this movie shot and out while Susan has the world's attention," said company president Mark Kulkis. "Besides, after 47 years of virginity, I'm sure Susan is also anxious to get something cracking as soon as possible."

It's very unlikely Boyle will accept the tacky proposal — she's reportedly a devout Catholic.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/news/article/-/article/5511295/susan-boyle-offered-1-million-to-lose-virginity-on-camera/

That is just wrong, plus who would actually want to watch that porno. Seriously I'd rather well...watch pretty much anything else in the whole world.

partbrit
Apr 24th, 2009, 11:48 PM
She's an old cat lady

You think 47 is old?

fufuqifuqishahah
Apr 25th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Killing me softly demo recording (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ai27pvt-PY)

Cry me a river (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ)

Dont think she is a one trick pony.

i think her singing "cry me a river" thing is a hoax lol that doesn't sound like her x___x

Noctis
Apr 25th, 2009, 12:18 AM
it was real.That why shes so good admit it :rolleyes:

partbrit
Apr 25th, 2009, 12:19 AM
The most horrible part was the judge saying, in public, that it was a "wake-up call." It didn't even bother him to admit to millions of people that he was stunned that someone over 20 could have talent.

Noctis
Apr 25th, 2009, 12:23 AM
He got bitch slap later.

Hayato
Apr 25th, 2009, 12:27 AM
The most horrible part was the judge saying, in public, that it was a "wake-up call." It didn't even bother him to admit to millions of people that he was stunned that someone over 20 could have talent.

I thought it was the female judge that said it was a "wake-up call"?
Are you talking about Simon? I think he was just joking that he knew she was going to be good...

korben
Apr 25th, 2009, 12:37 AM
The most horrible part was the judge saying, in public, that it was a "wake-up call.".

Welcome to PC land. Britain tries to fight against it. They are used to say what they think.
Dunno how fixed that show is. Main man of those three knew what is to come for sure. If two others did not knew, that is great.

If she thought ALL are against her, that is her opinion. And imo not far from truth.

korben
Apr 25th, 2009, 12:57 AM
There is something in this performance that I can´t figure out.
When seeing this, what is it that makes ALL 30+ men to cry openly? :confused:

I have never had such mental experience. Never! Now I watched/listened this for about 20th time. And it STILL makes me cry! Why :confused: :sad:

partbrit
Apr 25th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Are you talking about Simon?

No, it was the other man.

Welcome to PC land.

There is nothing "politically correct" about not being a bigot.

korben
Apr 25th, 2009, 02:13 AM
There is nothing "politically correct" about not being a bigot.

Uh, huh. "Judge" damn hot looking white."Victim" Not so good looking white. Where is bigotry in that?
You multiculturalists just want to see BLACK everywhere. Don´t you :confused: :sad:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
uxES80FbRmM
Susan at 25 years ago, singing Barbra's "The Way We Were".:yeah:

A Magicman
May 3rd, 2009, 07:24 AM
Susan at 25 years ago, singing Barbra's "The Way We Were".:yeah:

That's not Susan, that's Pam Shriver! :lol:

Jakeev
May 9th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I thought it was the female judge that said it was a "wake-up call"?
Are you talking about Simon? I think he was just joking that he knew she was going to be good...

Yeah it was Amanda who said that. Not sure what the poster was referring too.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 9th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Susan will be on OPRAH this coming Monday :bounce:.

ElusiveChanteuse
May 9th, 2009, 02:03 PM
:spit: She has not even won yet.:worship:

CrossCourt~Rally
May 25th, 2009, 01:22 AM
SHE'S BACK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XEmMg2HEc

SUSAN :hearts:

Sally Struthers
May 25th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I'm over her. That one wasn't as good as the first song

CrossCourt~Rally
May 25th, 2009, 01:29 AM

She started out very nervously, but i think she more than made up for it by the end of the song ;).

drake3781
May 25th, 2009, 02:16 AM

I thougth it was amazing! I didn't see the entire thing, but a good-sized clip on TV.

ElusiveChanteuse
May 25th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Yeah, she was much better during the audition.
Maybe she felt nervous and too much pressure now since everyone knows about her.:hug:
She better do better in the finals or else if she loses, I won't be surprised.:)

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 25th, 2009, 08:31 AM
She chose a very difficult song for such nervous moment. Memory,(from Cats , also sung by Elaine page) is one of the hardest songs to sing, and convey emotionally. She didnt do so well in the first 5-6 second, but thta can be easily attributed to nervousness. After that she was stunning. Fabulous :worship:

Hagar
May 25th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Not perfect but I think the interpretation, the feeling she put in it was right. She needs singing lessons but the talent and the voice is definitely there. It's a rough diamond.

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 25th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I was annoyed that she and Diversity got through to the finals :rolleyes:

Natalie Okri should have made it! She is so adorable!

ElusiveChanteuse
May 25th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Natalie totally chose the wrong song. It just an alright performance from her.:shrug:
She should be happy that she's second or third highest vote getter that night though.:yeah:

wales1994
May 25th, 2009, 11:27 AM
^^ Exactly what i thought! She should've chosen like a Jackson 5 song or something to really show her vocal ability! The song she chose was dreadful! Could barely hear her but she will get far she's only 10 :D When's the SF with Shaheen Jafragohli?

Monica_Rules
May 25th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Wasn't overlly impressed with Susan last night. I do think shes a fruitcake though.

Cilla
May 25th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Susan started off badly last night. She looked terrified to me! But she pulled it back in the middle & end.

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 25th, 2009, 09:39 PM
OMG Flawless :bowdown: :worship:

I can't believe they got the most votes in the semifinal! I'm so happy! I really thought Shaun would get the first place. They are much better than Diversity and I hope they win!

Monica_Rules
May 25th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I like Diverstiy more but Flawless owed tonights semi, saying that though everyone else was crap.

ElusiveChanteuse
May 26th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Yeah now I know which group are which.:lol:
I love Flawless since audition. Glad they're first.:yeah:
Shaun :hearts: Though not as good as his audition.:)

Polikarpov
May 26th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Her rendition of the song from Cats was horrible. She's a one trick pony.

Jakeev
May 26th, 2009, 10:47 AM
She wasn't dazzling this time but damn did she keep her composure. Compared to the other acts, she was amazing enough.

Beat
May 26th, 2009, 11:32 AM
i would have liked to listen to her song - but ant and dec, the annoying jury and the screaming audience were rather distracting :o

CrossCourt~Rally
May 30th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Dream over: Boyle finishes 2nd in UK reality show

LONDON — She dreamed a dream, and it very nearly came true. But Susan Boyle's reality show journey finished Saturday with a second-place finish in the finals of "Britain's Got Talent," an ending that didn't fit the fairy tale.

Instead of the 48-year-old Internet sensation, an exuberant dance troupe called "Diversity" took the 100,000-pound ($159,000) prize and will perform for Queen Elizabeth II at the Royal Variety Show.

Boyle paced around the stage as the hosts named the top three of the ten final acts, and looked almost relieved when her name was called as the runner-up. She recovered in time to graciously praise the dancers.

"The best people won," Boyle said. "They're very entertaining. Lads, I wish you all the best."

Boyle then curtsied several times to the audience, gave them her signature shimmy, and strolled offstage.

It had been a tumultuous week for Boyle, a woman previously unused to the limelight. She lost her cool during a confrontation with two reporters, and the police intervened. One contest judge said Boyle had contemplated pulling out of the competition to soothe her frazzled nerves.

But when she stepped into the spotlight Saturday, Boyle seemed more polished — and animated — than in previous appearances.

She wore a modest, but glamorous, floor-length gown, and chose to go back to the song that rocketed her into the international spotlight: "I Dreamed a Dream," from the musical "Les Miserables."

Her hometown of Blackburn, Scotland — a small, working class village about 10 miles (16 kilometers) west of Edinburgh — rallied round her, stringing up posters and signs in her support. Friends and neighbors gathered at a local pub to watch the performance.

"I've known her for many years," said 72-year-old neighbor Margaret Yule. "She's a lovely lassie and she will do well whatever happens. Susan is about the singing, and fame and fortune won't change her."

Millions tuned in to the live program and voted by telephone afterward.

Boyle was up against a host of everyman acts determined to find stardom on reality television, including Shaheen Jafargholi, a 12-year-old whose voice has been compared to Michael Jackson's, Hollie Steel, a 10-year-old who turned in a solid performance after a tearful semifinal meltdown, and a grandfather-grandaughter singing duo.

And then there was "Stavros Flatley," a father-son act who parodied "The Lord of the Dance" by romping around the stage shirtless, in blond wigs and leather pants, combining Greek and Irish dancing and music.

But it was Boyle whom people tuned in to watch.

After her first appearance in April, Boyle became the favorite to win the competition. As she stepped on stage during auditions, her frumpy appearance drew condescending looks from the studio audience and the judges, but her soaring, evocative voice silenced the doubters and turned her into an Internet sensation.

The first moment Boyle sang was one that has been viewed millions of times, the fifth-most watched clip in history on YouTube. It was a moment that went down in reality-show history.

As Boyle hit a high note at the end of the song's first line, judge Simon Cowell's eyebrows rose along with her voice. The audience went mad. And a star was born.

She has since appeared on the "Oprah Winfrey Show." Demi Moore tweeted about Boyle on her Twitter feed. Boyle dominated Britain's tabloids — but there were signs she was feeling the heat.

She acknowledged Saturday that it had been a stressful few weeks, but said onstage that it had been "well worth it."

Cowell said that she'd been given a rough ride, but that she was "a nice, shy person who wants a break."

CrossCourt~Rally
May 30th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Below is a linc to Susans performance from tonights Final !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhOXEyxUnrI

I loved it :hearts:

charlieluvtennis
May 30th, 2009, 10:23 PM
She should of won it! :(

Max565
May 30th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Damn she was robbed..! No, Diversity was great and I don't think Susan is that great of a singer but she has that captivating and inspiring story...

Well, anyways, in two weeks time everyone will have forgotten about Diversity...

Noctis
May 30th, 2009, 10:38 PM
TBH Susan didnt deserve to Win.She got talent,and i dont feel she wanted this as much,i think she was relieved she didnt win with the pressure on her and crictics glad its over.but not that talented singer.It's just her story,she didnt impress me tonight.

The Daviator
May 30th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Diversity were amazing, actually most of the finalists were fantastic (Shaheen's voice :eek:) but I'm disappointed she lost, her performance was brilliant and I now love that song :lol: Still she'll definitely have an album out soon.

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 30th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I am dissapointed Susan lost. She was so gracious in defeat :bowdown:

M.P
May 30th, 2009, 10:49 PM
:o she lost! who she lost to???

CrossCourt~Rally
May 30th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Diversity were amazing, actually most of the finalists were fantastic (Shaheen's voice :eek:) but I'm disappointed she lost, her performance was brilliant and I now love that song :lol: Still she'll definitely have an album out soon.

Yeah, there's no question about that :worship:

gentenaire
May 30th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Decided to watch a few youtube clips of Diversity! I Looooooooove them! So much better than Susan Boyle. It's so very creative.

(and whoa, that Julian Smith is cute! :kiss:)

Max565
May 30th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I love Susan so much but yeah, I hate to admit it, but Diversity are brilliant!

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 30th, 2009, 11:54 PM
:haha: OWNED!!!

I'm sorry but everything since the first audition hasn't been that good imo (certainly not good enough to warrant all the hype). So glad she didn't win!

Diversity were great. I prefered Flawless from the auditions but today Diversity really stepped it up :worship:

V-MAC
May 31st, 2009, 02:08 AM
Shocker:lol: I always thought Flawless were the better dance group compared to Diversity but they got their asses handed to them on a plate tonight. Diversity's routine was full of creativity, very impressive stuff:yeah: Bad choice by Susan to sing "I Dream a Dream" again as the shock factor was well and truly gone from it. How ever, props to her by bringing a lot of attention to the Les Mis soundtrack, it has been one of my guilty pleasures for years now:lol:

Optima
May 31st, 2009, 02:17 AM
How ever, props to her by bringing a lot of attention to the Les Mis soundtrack, it has been one of my guilty pleasures for years now:lol:

Why guilty? It's a great soundtrack. Les Mis is outstanding.

KournikovaFan91
May 31st, 2009, 02:19 AM
I feel like Susan was glad she didn't win. I think the whole situation was too much for her. Like she is practically a superstar and it all happened overnight.

Noctis
May 31st, 2009, 02:29 AM
She want a normal life now no pressure.And money she earn here Win Win situation why shouldn't she be happy

Polikarpov
May 31st, 2009, 08:18 AM
Glad she didn't win.

Ellery
May 31st, 2009, 12:50 PM
:o

She was rawbed :hug:

Monica_Rules
May 31st, 2009, 02:34 PM
I thought Susan upped it big time for the final but Diversity defo deserved to win. I was actually very suprised they did win though.

Mattographer
May 31st, 2009, 03:05 PM
Just watch other finalists on youtube and wondering how the earth did Starvos Flatley gets in the final? :weirdo:

Diversity and Flawless are fantastic performances :)

Tennis-Chick
May 31st, 2009, 03:50 PM
Cause they are really funny!

I loved Diversity, glad they won. Shaun Smith & Flawless were also very good.

Vanity Bonfire
May 31st, 2009, 04:02 PM
After watching the semi finals this week it finally dawned on me (yes, it took a long time) how shit BGT is. From Holden's moronic antics to that blates staged girl crying, it was all cringeworthy.

comfortably.numb
May 31st, 2009, 05:14 PM
Diversity :worship:

Fucking BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

ElusiveChanteuse
May 31st, 2009, 06:01 PM
Well deserved winner fo sho!:worship:
Susan :hug: You'll still have a great career ahead.;)
Julian :eek: well done too!:yeah:
Shuan, Shaheen, Hollie :hearts:
Others :D

davidmario
Oct 15th, 2009, 12:46 AM
It's probably the fact that people were laughing at her (because of how she looked) and obviously thinking she would fail before she opened her mouth that made the audition seem so special. I honestly thought her voice wasn't that amazing though. Pretty good, but nothing spectacular. Good for her, though.

she has the cleanest and best female voice on earth! See, she's doing it acapella and there's absolutely no editing necessary.
It made me cry and I sure will buy her cd:angel:

davidmario
Oct 30th, 2009, 02:59 AM
wild horses is one goat song:sad: