PDA

View Full Version : Who is better : Wozniacki vs A.Radwanska

AnywhereButHome
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I say Aga!!!

pwayne
Apr 13th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Think Caroline has more weapons than Agnieszka.

bobbynorwich
Apr 13th, 2009, 01:15 PM

And doesn't complain as much. http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_rolleyes.gif

Caipirinha Guy
Apr 13th, 2009, 01:55 PM
useless poll:rolleyes:

bobbynorwich
Apr 13th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Caroline will always have more fans, regardless.

joăo.
Apr 13th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Caroline.

Sexysova
Apr 13th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Wozniacki for sure

Lulu.
Apr 13th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Radwanska.

oleada
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:20 PM
The results speak for themselves. Radwanska, obviously.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 13th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Both are pushers , but I vote for Wozniacki cos she is a sexy pusher at least :lick:

Rod the Bama
Apr 13th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Caroline, because she has a more complete game.

Havok
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I haven't seen enough of Radwanska to make a decision. Both would probably be equal to eachother, though.

Craig.
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:09 PM

And doesn't complain as much. http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/Smileys/default/icon_rolleyes.gif

:worship:

Marionated
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:18 PM
The results speak for themselves. Radwanska, obviously.

Agreed.

Marty-Dom
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:28 PM
H2H Tied at 1 - 1

2007 STOCKHOLM HARD (O) Q A. RADWANSKA 6-4 6-1

2008 STOCKHOLM HARD (O) S C. WOZNIACKI 6-4 6-1

Same tourney, same score!. They are equal! :clap2:

Optima
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Agnieszka.

Emina.
Apr 13th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Caro :)

AnnaK_4ever
Apr 13th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Radwanska I saw at 2007 Stuttgart vs Kuznetsova >>>>>>> Wozniacki
Modern day Radwanska <<< Wozniacki

duhcity
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Radwanska, even though she sucks at larger events, was qite good at IW and Miami losing only to a hot player and Venus.

I watched her because some other faves were out, and she's quite enjoyable

AnomyBC
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Wozzy is the better player. Wozzy is prettier. Agnie is funnier though. (Her drawing of Jankovic was HILARIOUS and her "You can trust me, I'm not a blonde" t-shirt was funny too.)

woosey
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:09 PM
aga - more personality :hearts: and better results:cool: and more guile :bounce:

jjcrew#1
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:13 PM
H2H Tied at 1 - 1

2007 STOCKHOLM HARD (O) Q A. RADWANSKA 6-4 6-1

2008 STOCKHOLM HARD (O) S C. WOZNIACKI 6-4 6-1

Same tourney, same score!. They are equal! :clap2:

wow thats weird
i would give the edge to CARO she seems more promising!

Ryan
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I really like both players and think they'll make it to the top 10 together, for awhile in the next few years.

They play different games, but I find them both appealing, and think they've got the right attitude. Right now though? I'd say Aga very narrowly over Caro.

crazillo
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Quite equal to me. Wozniacki plays with more spin than Aga does.
They both remind me of the tactical players from the last/current generations such as Maggie Maleeva, Anastasia Myskina etc.

Radwanska is more tricky while Wozniacki probably is a little more aggressive.

vadin124
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:27 PM
where is the "they're both as average/plain/boring as each other" option?

Pristine
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Caroline has the larger fanbase due to more people finding her attractive than Radwanska as some people have pointed out with their superficial posts.

Radwanska is the better and greater player. Wozniacki hasn't even reached a QF at a slam.

kman
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Radwanska is the better and greater player. Wozniacki hasn't even reached a QF at a slam.

She just reached two QFs back-to-back at mandatory premier tournaments (pretty much same level of competition as the slams) and she's still only 18. Radwanska is 20 and has same amount of WTA singles titles as Wozniacki (same tiers too). I would be surprised if Wozniacki doesn't have more than 4 titles by the time she turns 20. But all in all they seem pretty even statistically. They're even 1-1 head-to-head with identical scorelines although Wozniacki won the last one despite being the less experienced player.

gumoll
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:32 AM
there is only one year difference between Aga (89) and Caro (90) :ras:

Aga is 16 points better in the ranking then Caro :p

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Quite equal to me. Wozniacki plays with more spin than Aga does. They both remind me of the tactical players from the last/current generations such as Maggie Maleeva, Anastasia Myskina etc.

Radwanska is more tricky while Wozniacki probably is a little more aggressive.

Great comparison. I would fully back that up. Both have very good careers ahead of them, but it is much too early to predict who's will be better. I think they will both do very well. The to do have similarities but I think crazillo highlights their differences very well. As for me, I do think Aga is the more interesting player to watch, but then I am partial to players who use a lot of touch and hit a lot of dropshots, lob and other awkwardish shots. Wozniacki's game is much more conventional, high percentage stuff although she does it very well. But while I do think Aga is the more interesting player I wouldn't say that ensures she will have the best results. That is still very much to be answered at a much later time.

LudwigDvorak
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:50 AM
I don't know what's happened to Radwanska since Wimbledon last year, but from the end of '07 to Wimbledon '08, this would have been easy if her form had remained the same.

Radwanska's peak is much higher, without a doubt. I prefer her in every sense, though, so perhaps I am not so impartial, but objectively, I do think it has to be Radwanska.

kman
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:51 AM
there is only one year difference between Aga (89) and Caro (90) :ras:

Aga is 16 points better in the ranking then Caro :p

Aga is still 20 and Caro still 18 so nothing I said is wrong.

Aga is leading ranking-wise right now but she's still more than a year older and if Caro keeps her momentum for just a little longer...

Caroline also has 4 ITF titles and 2 WTA double titles.

Aga only has 1 ITF title and 1 WTA double title.

But seriously, this is silly :lol:

Malva
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:35 AM
I don't know what's happened to Radwanska since Wimbledon last year, (...)

Right after Eastbourne and Wimbledon she became a media superstar in her home country, and for a 19-year old such things always spell disaster (of constant and powerful distractions). Ever since then her performance has been patchy and, frankly, not easily predictable.

Aryman3
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Cari had big problems to win against Urszula

Sally Todd
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Right after Eastbourne and Wimbledon she became a media superstar in her home country, and for a 19-year old such things always spell disaster (of constant and powerful distractions). Ever since then her performance has been patchy and, frankly, not easily predictable.

Her play at Eastbourne was some of my favorite to see on the tour all year, especially in the final. I hope she takes some positives from finally not being blown off the court by Venus recently, because Aga has natural grass court talent.

Edinboro
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Azarenka > Wozniacki > Radwanska > Cibulkova > Cornet

handreson
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:37 AM
absolutely caro

Dexter
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Right after Eastbourne and Wimbledon she became a media superstar in her home country, and for a 19-year old such things always spell disaster (of constant and powerful distractions). Ever since then her performance has been patchy and, frankly, not easily predictable.Not really. She sure is more bothered by journalists and she makes it known that she's not a fan of giving interviews, but she's really not a media star here. :shrug:

Caipirinha Guy
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Radwanska is not a media star in Poland. I can claim that 90% of Poles don't know who Agnieszka Radwanska is.

Slutiana
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I dont like either of their games really but all the people voting Wozniacki are quite funny. At least Aga has a brain on the tennis court.

Freakan
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Radwanska is not a media star in Poland. I can claim that 90% of Poles don't know who Agnieszka Radwanska is.

Oh please, you're being ridiculous. She might not be a star but she's definitely well known.

Caipirinha Guy
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Oh please, you're being ridiculous. She might not be a star but she's definitely well known.

I think that such sportsmen like Adamek, Majewski or Glinka are more known than Radwanska.

Irute
Apr 14th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Aga without a doubt. Caro happens to be more visible at the moment while Agnieszka is slumping a little and seems to be not playing much. However overall Aga has much more complete game. The only similarity I see between these two is that neither is a power player.

Freakan
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I think that such sportsmen like Adamek, Majewski or Glinka are more known than Radwanska.

I'm pretty sure she's currently more popular than Adamek and Glinka and it's impossible to be not known by 90% when you're on the covers of most popular magazines in Poland (such as Wprost).

Caipirinha Guy
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I'm pretty sure she's currently more popular than Adamek and Glinka and it's impossible to be not known by 90% when you're on the covers of most popular magazines in Poland (such as Wprost).

OK, maybe I exaggerated with 90% but she's not a star in PL! If she was, I could hear about her in the evening news but as for now Kubica, Sikora and Kowalczyk reign there.:p

AndreConrad
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Aga without a doubt. Caro happens to be more visible at the moment while Agnieszka is slumping a little and seems to be not playing much. However overall Aga has much more complete game. The only similarity I see between these two is that neither is a power player.
I agree, it is almost the same as asking who is better Serena or Victoria. I am not saying that I have any knowledge who will be better in the future, but as of now Agnieszka is better.

frenchie
Apr 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM

I don't know any:rolleyes:

I only know Kubica and that ski jumper Maulysh or something

Caipirinha Guy
Apr 14th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I don't know any:rolleyes:

I only know Kubica and that ski jumper Maulysh or something

I mean more known in Poland.:p

danieln1
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Caro without a doubt, sheŽll achieve more than Aga, and is way more talented!!

Marionated
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Caro without a doubt, sheŽll achieve more than Aga, and is way more talented!!

:tape:

CloudAtlas
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Caro without a doubt, she´ll achieve more than Aga, and is way more talented!!

:tape:

What is there to suggest otherwise though? Yeah Radwanska may have two Slam QF's under her belt but we all know the scorelines of those QF matches and Radwanska has over a year's head start.

In terms of titles , they both have one Tier II and nothing higher and in their most recent match Caro won.

Marionated
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=Slumptoli;15422965]

What is there to suggest otherwise though? Yeah Radwanska may have two Slam QF's under her belt but we all know the scorelines of those QF matches and Radwanska has over a year's head start.

In terms of titles , they both have one Tier II and nothing higher and in their most recent match Caro won.

I don't care about results. To say Wozniacki is way more talented than Radwanska is just :help:

CloudAtlas
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=Nidal1402;15423066]

I don't care about results. To say Wozniacki is way more talented than Radwanska is just :help:

But it isn't though...it's not like we're comparing Serena and Wozniacki...we're talking about two players who've so far had pretty similar careers and aren't very apart in ability.

oleada
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:48 PM

Yeah, but at least she's made it there, which is not something Caroline can say. Radwanska also has more top 10 wins (8) than Caroline (5).

Right now, based on current form, Caroline will beat Agnieszka but Radwanska's the more talented player. She's got better results and a more complete game. She's a good thinker on court, and can construct points much more intelligently and aggressively (aggresive not being equal to ballbashing) than Wozniacki, who seems to spend most of her matches just getting the ball back without much thought on where she's placing it. All of this being my opinion, YMMV ;)

Marionated
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Radwanska is very talented http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQaDEvaNJVg

I can't believe she isn't leading the poll.

CloudAtlas
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Yeah, but at least she's made it there, which is not something Caroline can say. Radwanska also has more top 10 wins (8) than Caroline (5).

Right now, based on current form, Caroline will beat Agnieszka but Radwanska's the more talented player. She's got better results and a more complete game. She's a good thinker on court, and can construct points much more intelligently and aggressively (aggresive not being equal to ballbashing) than Wozniacki, who seems to spend most of her matches just getting the ball back without much thought on where she's placing it. All of this being my opinion, YMMV ;)

Fair enough , but as I said , Caro is younger , at Caroline's age Radwanska's GS (and other tour) results were not as good as Wozniacki's. I agree with you on Radwanska's point contruction but have to disagree on your point about Caro not thinking about placement , maybe that was true a year ago but in recent matches I have seen her well placed shots , again IMO ;)

AndreConrad
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:11 PM

Agnieszka is not leading the poll because people in general (not only on this board) are about very recent results. What happened in the past counts little and Agnieszka is slumping a bit. For this same reason (I said it in this thread) some people would seriously consider a question if Azarenka is better than Serena. If someone doesn't see the difference in the game between Agnieszka and Caroline all they watch is a score board and stats at least for one of these players.

Endru.
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I think they are totally incomparable :shrug:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photos/150x200/312251.jpg :confused: http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photos/150x200/313402.jpg

Find 5 differences... :confused:

soomaal
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I think they are totally incomparable :shrug:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photos/150x200/312251.jpg :confused: http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photos/150x200/313402.jpg

Find 5 differences... :confused:

Well Aga looks mixed raced there.:eek:

And Caro looks like she's from twilight.

Aga wins.:hearts::hearts:

Dexter
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I think that such sportsmen like Adamek, Majewski or Glinka are more known than Radwanska.Who is Adamek? :confused:

Endru.
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Who is Adamek? :confused:

:boxing:

kman
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Agnieszka is not leading the poll because people in general (not only on this board) are about very recent results. What happened in the past counts little and Agnieszka is slumping a bit. For this same reason (I said it in this thread) some people would seriously consider a question if Azarenka is better than Serena. If someone doesn't see the difference in the game between Agnieszka and Caroline all they watch is a score board and stats at least for one of these players.

True. Same when I made a poll about who is more talented, Caroline or Azarenka. I made the poll right when Azarenka made the Miami final and so of course the majority picked Azarenka (she also beat Caroline some weeks prior to that). If I had asked the same question at the end of last season with Caroline at 3 titles and Azarenka stuck at 1 (at that point Caroline had also won their last encounter), the results would have been quite different I'm sure.

Based on performance so far this year the ranking of those 3 players is
1. Victoria
2. Caroline
3. Agnieszka

Based on performance last year the ranking is flipped
1. Agnieszka
2. Caroline
3. Victoria

At least that's how I see it. Victoria seemed to be slumping last year and Agnieszka has been slumping this year. Caroline had a great season last year and right now it looks like she's on to another great season with 1 title and 1 final and two premier QFs already. Her peak might not be as good as the two others but her low-points aren't as low either. She remains pretty consistent in her results while slowly improving her game and gaining the confidence she needs against the top 10 players.

terjw
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:28 PM

Well the question is "Who is better" not "Who was better" and Caro is doing much better than Aga this year. So Caro is better than Aga.

Incidentally - how many people do you honestly believe would vote for Azareka vs Serena? In the immortal words of JMac - You cannot be serious.

AndreConrad
Apr 15th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Well the question is "Who is better" not "Who was better" and Caro is doing much better than Aga this year. So Caro is better than Aga.

Incidentally - how many people do you honestly believe would vote for Azareka vs Serena? In the immortal words of JMac - You cannot be serious.

Following your logic people should be voting for Azarenka because she won last match. If not then you are contradicting yourself (you do realize it would not be my vote)

Malva
Apr 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM

I wouldn't be her fan if she weren't talented. I am only interested in very talented people. I have no time for those who aren't.

When I saw her the first time it was against Sharapova at US Open 2007. Instead of 'hating' her because she dared to beat my fave, I did the opposite -- I liked her style, her game, and her attitude very much. In a few months I realized she was a breath of fresh air in women's tennis and I started following her career.

Alex03Maccy
Apr 15th, 2009, 04:31 PM
wozniacki has a stronger game.

VIKA?
Apr 15th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Caroline:)

Zauber
Apr 15th, 2009, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=Slumptoli;15423186][QUOTE=Nidal1402;15423066]

I don't care about results.
I allways thought the idea of playing a game was to determine who the better player is.

terjw
Apr 15th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Following your logic people should be voting for Azarenka because she won last match. If not then you are contradicting yourself (you do realize it would not be my vote)

Don't be stupid - I said Caro is better than Aga this year and Serena is obviously better than Azarenka overall this year despite the Miami result.

AndreConrad
Apr 15th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Don't be stupid - I said Caro is better than Aga this year and Serena is obviously better than Azarenka overall this year despite the Miami result.

Level with me please. I don’t insult anyone unless someone really crosses the line and even then I try to use the least insulting sarcasm (admittedly with varying success), so please don’t call me stupid. :wavey:

Going back to the point of tennis in my opinion Agnieszka has higher capabilities than Caroline and also Serena has higher capabilities than Victoria. From what you said I felt that you judged Serana taking into consideration her capabilities in comparison to Victoria and judged Agnieszka looking at her recent results relative to Caroline. This is where my statement came from.