PDA

View Full Version : Shocking moment polar bear attacks woman who climbed into zoo enclosure

Infiniti2001
Apr 11th, 2009, 08:43 PM
lHHIl2LkxRY

This is the terrifying moment a woman was attacked by a polar bear after jumping into its zoo enclosure.

The 32-year-old leapt over bars at Berlin Zoo during the bears' feeding time yesterday.

Despite six zookeepers' efforts to distract the four predators kept in the enclosure, the woman was bitten several times on her arms and legs.
The brave keepers eventually managed to push the bear away and pull the woman to safety.

She was bitten by one of the four older polar bears in the enclosure and not by the famous Knut, who took Germany by storm as a cub after he was hand-raised by a keeper.

It is not known why the woman pulled the dangerous stunt but she initially appeared to be elated as she swam towards a bear in the enclosure.
It is not easy to access the enclosure, which is surrounded by a fence, a line of prickly hedges and a wall.

Heiner Kloes, a zoo spokesman, said keepers pushed the huge bear away before pulling the woman out.

She was taken to a hospital for treatment where she is now recovering after undergoing surgery to heal her wounds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1169266/Pictured-Shocking-moment-polar-bear-attacks-woman-climbed-zoo-enclosure.html

:eek::help:

raffles
Apr 11th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Well that was stupid of her.

Ellery
Apr 11th, 2009, 09:15 PM
:weirdo:

Similar thing happened to a guy who climbed into a panda enclosure in a Chinese zoo a while ago, and I think he was mangled really badly. :sad:

In The Zone
Apr 11th, 2009, 09:30 PM

As much as I feel bad and I would rather see a cute polar bear picture, you can only blame the woman. :o If she fell in there or something, it'd be one thing but she voluntarily got into the area ... :(

Just to make everyone feel better:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_01/polarbear1AP0511_468x502.jpg

raffles
Apr 11th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Just to make everyone feel better:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_01/polarbear1AP0511_468x502.jpg

Well I certainly feel better already.

Stupid woman, how would she like it if some polar bears invaded her house? :lol:

Ciarán
Apr 11th, 2009, 11:37 PM
What a stupid hoe.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 12th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Serves her right, the idiot!

Albireo
Apr 12th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Darwin swings and misses.

Wiggly
Apr 12th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Why would someone jump into any zoo enclosure?

Philip
Apr 12th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Idiot woman!

BigB08822
Apr 12th, 2009, 01:47 AM
She asked for it...she is lucky to be alive.

Sally Struthers
Apr 12th, 2009, 01:55 AM
she had it coming to her

nikita771
Apr 12th, 2009, 02:27 AM
It is impossible to feel bad for this women. She'd better be glad that she was just bitten and not devoured. It was feeding time too! What the heck was she thinking?!

~CANUCK~
Apr 12th, 2009, 02:29 AM
This is beyond ridiculous. Stupid people should not be allowed to procreate.

Sam L
Apr 12th, 2009, 03:52 AM
What a stupid bitch.

skanky~skanketta
Apr 12th, 2009, 03:55 AM
And a bunch of idiots out there will blame the poor bears.

Balltossovic
Apr 12th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Double dumb asshttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-violent111.gif

Andrew Laeddis
Apr 12th, 2009, 04:17 AM
She is dumb as hell. They shouldve bit her ass.

Inktrailer
Apr 12th, 2009, 05:53 AM
She is dumb as hell. They shouldve bit her ass.

They DID bite her ass, even captured it on video:lol:

Seriously, if she wasn't making an extravagant suicide attempt, this is ridiculously stupid. She bypassed Moronville and flew straight off the map with this one.

Scotso
Apr 12th, 2009, 06:16 AM

I agree with the millions of posts above that this stupid woman had it coming.

I'm not sure what it would be like in Germany, but if this happened here she would sue the zoo and probably get a settlement. Unfortunately there are not laws against being a dumbfuck.

raffles
Apr 12th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Well when I was last in Germany they had old factories turned into parks and they allowed people to wander up rickety stairs. All we could say was, this would never happen in the UK because of Health and Safety.

Did the first rope snap because she was two heavy to be supported on it?

Inktrailer
Apr 12th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I don't think it snapped at all, she seemed to grab for the pole being used to keep the bears away and lost her grip, slipping through the ring.

matthias
Apr 12th, 2009, 09:54 AM
What a stupid bitch.

thats right!

por polarbears who get disturbed by this crazy bitch

matthias
Apr 12th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Did the first rope snap because she was two heavy to be supported on it?

i guess she was

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 12th, 2009, 09:58 AM
they should make a cage just for her, seeling she likes it that much
moronic woman :o

Harvs
Apr 12th, 2009, 10:19 AM
LOL what a dickhead

Mattographer
Apr 12th, 2009, 10:26 AM
*shakes head* What was she thinking at the time? :o

The Dawntreader
Apr 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM
What the hell was she thinking? The polar bear is the largest land carnivore- did she really expect hugs and photo-oppurtunities?:rolleyes:

Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm actually suprised she survived to be honest. It's probably only the polar bears in a captive state that didn't allow them to eat kill her.

Bijoux0021
Apr 12th, 2009, 10:50 AM
What a stupid ass! She could have put the lives of the rescuers in danger. She should be prosecuted for that.

Bartosh
Apr 12th, 2009, 12:29 PM
lucky bitch :weirdo:

A Magicman
Apr 12th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Too many cutie cuddly polar bear babies o German TV making these predators look like stuffed pets.

Anyone in Germany can remember the "Knut" hysteria some time back - this happened to be in Berlin Zoo and Knut's parents were in this polar bear enclosure.

The woman stated afterwards, that she wanted to "swim with the bears".

But OK, it happened in Berlin, the country's biggest crowd of losers, dumbfucks, scapegraces and weirdos. So not totally surprising after all.

alfonsojose
Apr 12th, 2009, 02:08 PM
She wanted to feed the bears :tape:

Sally Struthers
Apr 12th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I wish the bear would have eaten her but if that happened they probably would have shot the bear, so getting a mauling was probably the best outcome for both parties :lol:

Lulu.
Apr 12th, 2009, 03:37 PM
She's lucky she survived that. :rolleyes:

Infiniti2001
Apr 12th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I wish the bear would have eaten her but if that happened they probably would have shot the bear, so getting a mauling was probably the best outcome for both parties :lol:

:devil: Sally :lol:

Destiny
Apr 12th, 2009, 04:25 PM
What a stupid hoe.

Why?? the name calling lil boy :awww:

Barrie_Dude
Apr 12th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Well that was stupid of her.And that is putting it mildly! ;)

Barrie_Dude
Apr 12th, 2009, 04:41 PM
She wanted to feed the bears :tape:
She almost fed herself to the bears :rolleyes:

raffles
Apr 12th, 2009, 04:52 PM
She almost fed herself to the bears :rolleyes:

Well I guess her ass didn't taste so good as they seemed to leave her alone after the first bite.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 12th, 2009, 04:57 PM
^ a bit of a sour krout..............

Beat
Apr 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM
The woman stated afterwards, that she wanted to "swim with the bears".

oh god :spit:

Barrie_Dude
Apr 12th, 2009, 05:22 PM
oh god :spit:
Now maybe she will be swimming in Prozac :lol:

fufuqifuqishahah
Apr 12th, 2009, 11:58 PM
she didnt look like she was really even injured much, which is good.

A Magicman
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:08 AM

That's what the boss of the zoo said. "We have guns here and I would not have hesitated to use them"

http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article3544468/Der-Eisbaer-knabberte-ein-bisschen.html

(only German)

He said he's extremely annoyed that this woman has brought his employees and the animals into danger and given the entire zoo a bad reputation.

raffles
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:12 AM
That's what the boss of the zoo said. "We have guns here and I would not have hesitated to use them"

http://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article3544468/Der-Eisbaer-knabberte-ein-bisschen.html

(only German)

He said he's extremely annoyed that this woman has brought his employees and the animals into danger and given the entire zoo a bad reputation.

She should be banned from the zoo in the future.

Sean.
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Good, hope it hurt! Maybe she should try the wolves next time :rolleyes:

Lin Lin
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:20 AM
This was very sad and scary, why some people are even laughing at her?:confused:
This was an accident,she didn't want to be bitten:sad:

Sean.
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:23 AM
This was very sad and scary, why some people are even laughing at her?:confused:

She jumped in their cage....deliberately :rolleyes:

Centro
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:27 AM
She wanted to feed the bears .

pancake
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:29 AM

:spit: The only sad and scary thing in this story is that she was actually dumb enough to jump into the cage. Seriously it's not like she accidentially fell off into it or something, she might even have them killed if she wasn't saved in time just because of her stupidity.

eck
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:46 AM
She should be fined for trespassing.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 13th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Hopefully next time she'll jump into the shark tank at feeding time :)

Beat
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:09 AM
This was an accident

she jumped on purpose, so no, it wasn't.

that said, my girlfriend used to work as an animal keeper in the zoo, and these kind of stories - albeit not as extreme - happen every day (parents dangling their babies above open-mouthed carnivores, putting fingers through fences etc.). people are stupid and thoughtless. period.

Infiniti2001
Apr 13th, 2009, 12:32 PM

:bolt::help:

comfortably.numb
Apr 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM
She's probably mentally disabled. Glad she's OK and it's good they didn't have to shoot the bear.

Wigglytuff
Apr 13th, 2009, 02:57 PM
those poor bears i hope they are alright!!

that damn retarded woman! well here's hoping they make her infertile while she is in the hospital

Wigglytuff
Apr 13th, 2009, 03:03 PM
she didnt look like she was really even injured much, which is good.

i am certain you mean NOT good!:wavey:

~Kiera~
Apr 13th, 2009, 03:27 PM
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4458/polar14601382871c.jpg

Sean.
Apr 13th, 2009, 03:34 PM

:spit::haha:

Bartosh
Apr 13th, 2009, 03:36 PM

ugly, fat bitch :lol: poor bears :hug:

comfortably.numb
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:18 PM
LOL @ the judgmental idiots on this forum. Good Lord.

Sean.
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:20 PM

She jumped into a cage of Polar Bears at feeding time...what is there not to be judgemental about?

Barrie_Dude
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:23 PM
She jumped into a page of Polar Bears at feeding time...what is there not to be judgemental about?
Yeah, she was STUPID! Plain and simple! Case closed! That is not a judgement call, it is a simple fact.;)

comfortably.numb
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:27 PM
She jumped into a page of Polar Bears at feeding time...what is there not to be judgemental about?
What sane, rational adult would do such a thing? She obviously has mental issues that dwarfed her common sense. Instead of pointing that out, morons (like you) wish she was killed, call her names like "stupid, ugly, fat bitch," talk about shooting her, etc. You guys come across as far sadder and moronic than this lady. Seriously. But c'est la vie...

Barrie_Dude
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:37 PM
What sane, rational adult would do such a thing? She obviously has mental issues that dwarfed her common sense. Instead of pointing that out, morons (like you) wish she was killed, call her names like "stupid, ugly, fat bitch," talk about shooting her, etc. You guys come across as far sadder and moronic than this lady. Seriously. But c'est la vie...
We are stupider? We here are smart enough not to jump into the polar bear enclosure! :cuckoo:

comfortably.numb
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM
We are stupider? We here are smart enough not to jump into the polar bear enclosure! :cuckoo:
You're missing the point. But yeah, sure, whatever you say. I'm moving on now.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:49 PM

even an idiot has more sense................:tape:

Sean.
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Or maybe she's just stupid....

You should perhaps learn to distinguish between a joke and sincerity, before being judgemental yourself ;)

winone23
Apr 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
As my dad says "stupid is as stupid does."

Apoleb
Apr 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM
What sane, rational adult would do such a thing? She obviously has mental issues that dwarfed her common sense. Instead of pointing that out, morons (like you) wish she was killed [and eaten], call her names like "stupid, ugly, fat bitch," talk about shooting her, etc. You guys come across as far sadder and moronic than this lady. Seriously. But c'est la vie...

I know right. My stomach turned by just reading this thread. Bunch of scary psychos.

pancake
Apr 13th, 2009, 06:29 PM

:spit:
Then WHO THE HELL are you to judge us?
As for the 'what sane, rational adult would do such a thing' question, that's why we're calling her stupid.

Marionated
Apr 13th, 2009, 06:33 PM
:spit:
Then WHO THE HELL are you to judge us?
As for the 'what sane, rational adult would do such a thing' question, that's why we're calling her stupid.

What he is saying is, that for all you know, this woman may be mentally retarded. He has a point.

pancake
Apr 13th, 2009, 07:02 PM
What he is saying is, that for all you know, this woman may be mentally retarded. He has a point.

He said that this woman is OBVIOUSLY mentally retarded, like it's a fact or anything, while he doesn't provide any proof except for one simple pointless question. What pisses me off is that while he thinks the woman is obviously mentally challenged it's good and while we call her obviously stupid then it's bad. And later he said we are more moronic? Go figure.

And seriously you think a news report would be so careless enough to miss out such important information?

Wigglytuff
Apr 13th, 2009, 07:12 PM

this is politically correct nonsense run amok. she was stupid and sadly darwin missed. she was STUPID, she had it coming.

Wigglytuff
Apr 13th, 2009, 07:14 PM

dont get mad dip shit. no one is being judgment, we are just commenting on the FACTS.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:29 PM
She obviously doesn't have a brain

harloo
Apr 13th, 2009, 09:40 PM
she had it coming to her

:haha::haha:That made me laugh for some reason. But seriously, has it been confirmed that the lady had mental issues?

Kart
Apr 13th, 2009, 09:54 PM
It'll be interesting to see what reasoning she provides for why she jumped in there.

Unless she was utterly psychotic at the time, it's pretty hard to not criticise her.

It's fortunate that she's not more seriously injured.

~Kiera~
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:11 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/5148900/Teacher-who-survived-polar-bear-mauling-at-zoo-was-depressed-over-job.html

raffles
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:17 PM
The article states

The zoo is planning to charge the woman with breach of the peace and bringing their organisation into disrepute.
I say good on them. She put her own life in danger and that of the keepers, she should be punished.

Also this woman is a teacher? It's no wonder a clearly unbalanced person like her has not found employment. It's probably best that she isn't in a class room teaching kids and taking them on school trips to the zoo. In addition has she changed her story, a few days ago she just wanted to swim with the bears and now she is apparently depressed? Mmmm.

gentenaire
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:56 AM

We're judgmental idiots for calling this woman an idiot. We shouldn't call her an idiot because she may have mental issues, but it's okay for you to call us idiots.

I think you're a judgmental idiot for calling people in this thread who think this woman an idiot, idiots.

There!

moby
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I'm reminded of the Darwin Awards:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_Awards

However, she doesn't qualify.

A Magicman
Apr 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Ya I wouldn't have hesitated to shoot her either :shrug:

He was talking about shooting the bears, not her. :lol:

Scotso
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:12 PM

Some of the comments may be extreme, but I don't think the people here would say that to her face after she's pulled out broken and bleeding. It's a message board. I don't think many people here really wanted her to be hurt. But what do you expect people to say about this? It's people like this that harm our society with their stupidity because they inevitably blame someone else for their actions, and you're trying to absolve her of any blame now.

And judging by what people do on a daily basis, I suppose there's no such thing as a "sane, rational adult."

Svetlana.
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:37 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/5148900/Teacher-who-survived-polar-bear-mauling-at-zoo-was-depressed-over-job.html

"However, we do have guns and we would have been prepared to use them without hesitation if it was felt it was the only way to save the woman."

I'm glad it did not go too far to kill the bears.

I also think the policies they have at the zoo are not fair to animals in these kind of situations. If women was depressed and decided to take her own life it's not fair to kill the animals.

Svetlana.
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:54 PM
She should say bye to a teaching job forever now. Nobody will hire her to any school after that incident.