PDA

View Full Version : What tennis racquet do you use?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

simonsaystennis
Dec 26th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Ordering the Babolat Aero Pro Drive GT (the French Open edition one, because it's $30 cheaper :lol:) with some Christmas money! I've demoed this racquet a bunch of times and have loved it.

Kipling
Jan 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I bought a Babolat APD GT for Christmas, or rather got one as a Xmas present, and chose to have it strung with Pro Hurricane Tour 16 on mains at 59 and VS gut 16 on crosses at 57, and I like it quite a bit, though it after a weekend of hard hitting I felt it in shoulder. I think that has to be the poly strings in the mains.

I will say, it yields more control than the Prince O3 Speedport white/synthetic gut w/ Duraflex combo I've been playing with the past few years, which in turn allows me to hit out as hard as I want--I think that's where the shoulder pain may be coming from. I may eventually go back to a synthetic string though, if the pain persists. But I do like the controlled power I can generate with that racquet.

Tomic
Feb 3rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
I about Buy me new Racquet soon, Has anyone tried or can give me feedback on these racquets

2012 Babolat Pure Drive Lite

Yonex VCORE 100 S

2012 Wilson Juice 100 BLX

MarkNL
Feb 3rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
I'm currently playing with the Wilson BLX Tour Lite, but I really like Yonex racquets. But they are difficult to get, you have to order them from abroad because they are not available in stores.

Tomic
Feb 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
^ Yeah I Know, going buy it online from TennisWarehouse. I but I demo those three first, too see which one I like more.

Kəv.
Feb 4th, 2012, 03:58 AM
^ You can buy it from TW in Melbourne :shrug:

Got this today :p

http://www.tenniswarehouse.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/e/head_speed_lite.jpg

Kipling
Feb 29th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Just added a 2012 Pure Drive to my collection, strung with Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L on mains and Gosen OG-Sheep Micro 16 on crosses.

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/BPD11-1.jpg

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/reviews/BPD11-1.jpg

donellcarey
Feb 29th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I got Yonex RDS 11, the Hingis one.

And this year I'm gonna buy Wilson Juice 96

Tomic
Mar 1st, 2012, 12:46 AM
Hi Aravanecaravan how the 2012 Pure Drive is it really great with Power and Control ?, I thinking about getting the 2012 Pure Drive Lite do too my shoulder.

MMJSL
Mar 1st, 2012, 12:52 AM
I have both the Yonex VCore 100s and 2012 Babolat Pure Drive Lite. The main difference is that the Babolat is more powerful. A pro for both is that they have excellent control from the baseline. A con for both is that they can be a little unstable. I play two-handed on both sides so it doesn't bother me much.

Tomic
Mar 1st, 2012, 01:39 AM
thanks mjslmaverick, I thinkin I going get 2012 Babolat Pure Drive Lite

Dominika23
Mar 1st, 2012, 01:40 AM
2012 Babolat Pure Drive Lite & 2012 Babolat Pure Drive R the same color racket if I right ?

MMJSL
Mar 1st, 2012, 04:10 AM
2012 Babolat Pure Drive Lite & 2012 Babolat Pure Drive R the same color racket if I right ?

The lite version has a white bumper guard. The standard is black.

Kipling
Mar 1st, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hi Aravanecaravan how the 2012 Pure Drive is it really great with Power and Control ?, I thinking about getting the 2012 Pure Drive Lite do too my shoulder.

Tomic,

So far, I'm finding a pretty good balance of control and power. No problem generating whatever spin I want, though I tend to be a flat hitter. mjslmaverick mentioned a lack of stability in the Lite, but I haven't found that to be a problem in the standard. I play with a one handed backhand and can turn the racquet over with plenty of balance and power without any lack of stability. It has a low swingweight and feels lighter than the previous Pure Drive, so it might feel a touch whippy in comparison to that for some players, but a little lead would take care of that, I imagine.

Of course, strings are going to make a huge difference. I mentioned that I have mine strung with Big Banger ALU Power on mains whereas I demoed it with a cheap poly and it plays entirely different. So you have to take your strings into account, too.

ArturoAce.
Mar 2nd, 2012, 12:06 AM
My Yonex Ezone Xi arrived, gonna use it today! :D

Yoncé
Mar 7th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I've always used Babolat racuquets, and at the moment I'm using a Babolat AeroPro Drive. But I'm considering switching to the Head YOUTEK IG Radical Pro :scratch: still not sure though! Any suggestions? :)

jimmy_the_greek
Mar 9th, 2012, 10:12 AM
http://oi41.tinypic.com/1zdurnn.jpg
BEST RACKET I HAVE EVER USED!! I COULD NOT WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE IN AUSTRALIA! BOUGHT IT TODAY...INCREDIBLE FEEL,POWER,STABILITY,CONTROL...NOW I KNOW WHY KIRILENKO LOVES THIS RACKET:):worship::worship:

Lachy
Mar 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Bought the Yonex vCore 100S today :hearts:

doktor
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Bought the Yonex vCore 100S today :hearts:

I've got that too atm.

How do you like it?

I've got it strung with RPM Blast and its so awesome.

Felipe Abe
Mar 17th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Head Youtek IG Speed Pro with WC Scorpion 1.22 39lbs :D

hBence
Mar 17th, 2012, 03:50 PM
im gonna buy a Wilson BLX Blade Team next week ;)

Has anyone tried this?

Lachy
Mar 18th, 2012, 03:20 AM
I've got that too atm.

How do you like it?

I really like it as well :hearts: Great feel.

Mashabator
Mar 18th, 2012, 03:32 AM
I used to always use Prince o3 white (im a masha stan) i loved it because i hit the ball hard and its pretty forgiving wherever the ball lands. But embarrassingly i found they break too easily (yes i get angry when i play :sobbing:) so i decided it was time to get Mashas new racquet, Head Youtek IG Instinct.
I LOVE IT! had it for about 4 months now, every ball feels really clean off it, at the moment im using Babolat Duralast strings, i tried out pro hurricane but i didnt really like it!

goat
Mar 18th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Some head radical pro... I can't remember... Same as Murray I think..

i like using my old flexpoint though, oh jesus.. So smooth!

carling
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:49 AM
:lol: yeah i broke about 6 racquets this year :help: prince break so easy! but i changed to head cos i only got prince in the first place cos sharapova uses it :p

Prince breaks easily? Sorry, that's you, boo. :devil:

I switched from Babolat Pure Drive to Head Youtek Lite. Loved Babolat, but my shoulder needed a lighter frame. It took several months for me to adjust to the Head rackets, but I LOVE them now!

Kəv.
Mar 27th, 2012, 05:34 AM
I switched from Babolat Pure Drive to Head Youtek Lite. Loved Babolat, but my shoulder needed a lighter frame. It took several months for me to adjust to the Head rackets, but I LOVE them now!
:lol: Thats exactly what I did. Except I switched from the Pure Storm.

I already broke the strings on the head racket :shrug:

Now Im thinking about getting the Goerges racket :sobbing:

MMJSL
Mar 27th, 2012, 05:41 AM
I've got that too atm.

How do you like it?

I have mine strung with VS Touch and added some lead near the top of the racquet. The racquet is magical when you amp up the power.

Velazquez
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:25 AM
People say I'm an aggro player so I prefer Pro-Kennex cause it can handle with my killer strikes :) I actually used lots of equipment but I can't say I have any favorites.

Grigorpova
Apr 1st, 2012, 06:53 AM
Wilson BLX Bold.

Sammo
Apr 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM
I still use my Prince O3 White (well, 'still', it's 8 months old :lol:), and I LOVE IT. Best racquet I've ever had.

Tomic
Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
Anyone knows wat Racquet Tennis Player Paula Ormaechea & Garbine Muguruza Blanco use

Kipling
Apr 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Anyone knows wat Racquet Tennis Player Paula Ormaechea & Garbine Muguruza Blanco use

Garbiñe plays with the 2012 Babolat Pure Drive, same as Kim and Julia.

Geekking
Apr 4th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Prince O3 & Wilson K Blade 98 BLX

Kipling
Apr 5th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Just added a third Babolat to my bag--a 135th annivsary Pure Drive (2010 edition frame). Mainly a collector frame, but it plays identically to a regular Pure Drive from that vintage. Cool looking frame, though.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/IHeartMasha/18261-DEFAULT-l.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/IHeartMasha/Babolat_Pure_Drive_GT_135_Anniversary_02.jpg

Caro & Aggie
Apr 21st, 2012, 11:18 PM
Hi I about Demo some racquet soon can anyone give me their input on these racquets through if U have played with them or have them

1. 2012 Babolat Pure Drive

2. Yonex VCORE 98 D Racquets

3. Wilson BLX Juice 100 Racquet

4. 2012 Babolat Pure Drive Lite

5. Head YOUTEK IG Extreme OS

6. Head YOUTEK IG Instinct

Kəv.
Apr 21st, 2012, 11:28 PM
I tried the Instinct and didn't like it :shrug: It was really long.

Yoncé
Apr 22nd, 2012, 02:41 AM
Hi I about Demo some racquet soon can anyone give me their input on these racquets through if U have played with them or have them

1. 2012 Babolat Pure Drive

2. Yonex VCORE 98 D Racquets

3. Wilson BLX Juice 100 Racquet

4. 2012 Babolat Pure Drive Lite

5. Head YOUTEK IG Extreme OS

6. Head YOUTEK IG Instinct

I had a demo with with the Juice and it was pretty solid all round, the only part where I could flaw it was a bit of instability with ROS.

Caro & Aggie
Apr 23rd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks Renasaurus & Hindrance I think i going demo Yonex VCORE 98 D Racquets, Wilson BLX Juice 100 Racquet, 2012 Babolat Pure Drive Lite & the Head YOUTEK IG Instinct come back and demo the other too.

hBence
Apr 23rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
Wilson BLX Blade Team :)

Kəv.
Apr 24th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Thanks Renasaurus & Hindrance I think i going demo Yonex VCORE 98 D Racquets, Wilson BLX Juice 100 Racquet, 2012 Babolat Pure Drive Lite & the Head YOUTEK IG Instinct come back and demo the other too.

The Babolat Pure Drive one, I didn't demo it but it looks soo good :sobbing:
I tried the Wilson Juice one and that was good too, but It was bit too heavy for me.

Andy.
Apr 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Just recently returned to tennis after a 6 month break. I missed it way too much to stay away. Along with my comeback comes a new racket.

Yonex VCORE 95D (I have always used Yonex)

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/TVC95D-1.jpg

Kəv.
Apr 24th, 2012, 11:26 AM
^ Isn't it hard to play with squarish racquets?

Andy.
Apr 24th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Not at all. I actually find it a lot easier to get it in the sweet spot. But I have always used Yonex rackets since I started playing in the early 2000's as a kid. Apparently Yonex users find it difficult initially if they switch to a different frame so they tend to stick with the brand. That what a guy told me anyway.

Kəv.
Apr 24th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I'd be framing more shots if I used yonex :tape:

Andy.
Apr 24th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I guess its all down to what your used too. I just started in 2000 because I saw Mary Pierce using Yonex. I flirted briefly with the idea of Prince when Masha used them but that didnt last too long. It's my inderstanidng that Yonex is pretty good for linear/flat hitters looking for good control. Thats my game anyway.

imjongh
Apr 26th, 2012, 03:56 AM
at the moment i use Dunlop aerogel 4d 300 lite and Barbolat aero pro drive lite....always lite...Racquets over 270g are too burden to me..I still dont know which of them is fit for me...ㅡ.ㅡ..

PowerWilliams
Apr 26th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Wilson... something. IDK. I just know it's not a pro racquet. Like, I bought it at Costco/Club Price, just a big warehouse.

tumtum
May 9th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I use a Wilson K surge. What do you guys think bout it?

cherry811
May 28th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I have the Yonex EZONE Xi Lite Tennis Racquet now, bought it from http://www.yumo.ca/tennis/ with a good deal :)

dynamoRockstarr
Jun 2nd, 2012, 10:52 PM
I use the Wilson KFactor K Zero

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/KZERO-1.jpg

Angelle1986
Jun 12th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Head Microgel Extreme... Best control/power combo and you feel the ball exactly where it hits and how you hit every time you hit it ;) no pains!!!

MarkNL
Jun 16th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I'm using the Wilson BLX Pro Lite. It is very light, only 255 grams. It is so manoeuvrable and it has a lot of power and spin.
It has nice feel too, I really like it :) Only downside is perhaps that it is not very forgiving on off-centre shots, it perhaps lacks a bit of control.
But I learn to cope with that ;)

J8l4A8VDjBI
Here is a clip about it. btw the racquet in the clip has a white grip, I have a black one.

tennisfreak19
Jul 6th, 2012, 04:30 PM
I use the Wilson Coral Reef BLX. It's pink, totally cute, and is a great first racket for high school tennis. (:

http://thorsthundertennis.com/racquets/wilson_blx_coral_reef_lg.jpg

Angelle1986
Jul 6th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I use a Head Microgel Extreme :)

http://thecreativeracquet.coffeecup.com/shop/ccdata/images/imageMain_8_58.jpg

Andy.
Jul 9th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Thinking of switching from the Yonex V Core 95 to the V Core 89. Does anyone use this racket or have they demoed it?

charmedRic
Jul 9th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Currently switching between a Wilson K Fierce FX (low tension) and a Wilson BLX Tidal Wave (low-mid tension).

...in the market for a new racquet, trying to find something that's elbow friendly.

Richie's
Jul 13th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Those who are thinking of buying a Price raquet should give a second thought. There are rumors that the whole company have serious financial problems. A total exit from tennis won't be a surprizing move during next seasons.

TennisIndonesia
Jul 14th, 2012, 05:43 AM
I've also heard some things about Prince. Although there will be so much stock still available (and probably cheaply) it wouldn't put me off buying from them just yet.

As for me I use a strange racquet for you guys I am sure. The Adidas Barricade Tour

330grams with a nice 95 square inch head. It's super solid and great for hitting with players who hit a heavier ball, however as I have quite a short swing and its pretty heavy if I don't play for a while and then hit for 3-4 hours I know about it later!

I get a lot of stick from my friends who say its a bit of a plank of wood, but I have played with a lot of different racquets and it suits me at the moment. Although I wouldn't recommend it to people I teach

http://sliceserve.blogspot.com/

Andy.
Jul 17th, 2012, 01:20 AM
I decided to just get it. Cant wait for it to arrive and to have a hit with it.

Yonex V Core Tour 89

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/YVCT89-1.jpg

It reminds me of Peak Pierce :hearts:

charmedRic
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I just played with a Volkl Organix 4. I am actually too powerful for that frame, I never thought I'd see the day!

Joe.
Jul 17th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I still use Yonex vCore 100s but I've switched strings to Luxilon Savage Black and they're so nice :inlove:

the jamierbelyea
Aug 31st, 2012, 06:23 AM
I decided to just get it. Cant wait for it to arrive and to have a hit with it.

Yonex V Core Tour 89

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/YVCT89-1.jpg

It reminds me of Peak Pierce :hearts:

After holding on to my Yonex RDS 001 mid for as long as possible I finally demoed and switched to the Yonex VCore Tour 89.

I love it. Very easy access to spin, great control, really maneuverable at net. I haven't gotten my serve to kick in yet, but this racket combined with my big banger strings are giving me really fantastic groundies.

Andy.
Aug 31st, 2012, 10:56 AM
After holding on to my Yonex RDS 001 mid for as long as possible I finally demoed and switched to the Yonex VCore Tour 89.

I love it. Very easy access to spin, great control, really maneuverable at net. I haven't gotten my serve to kick in yet, but this racket combined with my big banger strings are giving me really fantastic groundies.
I'm loving it too. I was a little worries as I hadnt played with such a small head since since the Ti 70 10 years ago but this racket is awesome. My ground strokes are :drool: with this racket.

Trey
Aug 31st, 2012, 05:44 PM
Has anyone ever played with these Racquet if so can someone give me their thought on how good the racquet are ?

1.Babolat AeroPro Drive

2. Babolat Pure Drive

3. Wilson BLX Pro Staff Six.One 95

4.Wilson BLX Juice 100

5. Wilson K Factor KSix-One 95

lenusu
Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:20 AM
I use Yonex.

Kipling
Sep 2nd, 2012, 12:22 PM
Has anyone ever played with these Racquet if so can someone give me their thought on how good the racquet are ?

1.Babolat AeroPro Drive

2. Babolat Pure Drive

These are both very popular racquets, for a good reason. Putting aside the fact that many top pros play with them, both have an excellent combination of power and controlled spin, which can be further tweaked with the right choice of string. To me, the APD is a more powerful racquet while the PD offers a bit more control and feel, but it's really a matter of degree--both are excellent for what they offer. I would demo all the racquets on your list to see what is the right choice for you.

Coach Fred
Sep 2nd, 2012, 07:03 PM
I use a Wilson Hyper-Hammer 5.3. Only weighs 9 ounces so great at the net. I've been told it loses a little power but I think I get enough in my swing.

Celestial
Sep 2nd, 2012, 09:10 PM
Yonex VCore 100S.

Trey
Sep 4th, 2012, 05:39 PM
These are both very popular racquets, for a good reason. Putting aside the fact that many top pros play with them, both have an excellent combination of power and controlled spin, which can be further tweaked with the right choice of string. To me, the APD is a more powerful racquet while the PD offers a bit more control and feel, but it's really a matter of degree--both are excellent for what they offer. I would demo all the racquets on your list to see what is the right choice for you.

Thank alot Aravanecaravan For the info I will demo them all but thank again your best ;)

Sinclair
Sep 6th, 2012, 06:46 PM

1.Babolat AeroPro Drive

2. Babolat Pure Drive

3. Wilson BLX Pro Staff Six.One 95

4.Wilson BLX Juice 100

5. Wilson K Factor KSix-One 95

Hi. :wavey: Do yourself a favor and make sure that this one (BPD) is on your demo list. I can't speak for the Pure Drive Plus, only the 100sq.in. size. Here's a few of my thoughts: It's 300 grams, which was heavier than my previous Head racquet, but very comfortable and no elbow pain at all. It gives me a good amount of feel, much more than any previous racquet. The power is awesome - I have a medium speed swing and one-handed BH, and I have no problem hitting solid, heavy balls and generating lots of power when I want to. Currently strung with RPM Blast 17 @ 60lbs because I find that it gives me good control, feel and spin. (I'm still experimenting with string/tension.) This racquet does all the work.

Good luck with your decision.

Kəv.
Sep 7th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Peoples thoughts on these rackets?

Yonex RQiS 2 Tour
Babolat Pure Drive
Wilson BLX Steam 100

Adrian.
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:34 PM
http://tennisconnected.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/wilson-blx-del-potro.jpg
using this one :)

Sinclair
Sep 7th, 2012, 04:45 PM

Yonex RQiS 2 Tour
Babolat Pure Drive
Wilson BLX Steam 100

Hindrance, I posted about the Babolat Pure Drive just above your post. :) I love it and hope Babolat continues this model for a long time because it made noticeable improvements to my game. I haven't tried the Yonex or the Wilson, so I can't give you a comparison between them.
Good luck!

TennisProStore
Sep 17th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I've used everything from the oversized prince, Babolat Pure Drive, Wilson Cobra (those born in the 70s will know this), and I'm now just on the HEAD Extreme MP (new one ) and loving it!

TennisProStore
Sep 17th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I like the Babolat Pure Drive (if you're a big baseline hitter)...not a keen Wilson fan myself

TennisProStore
Sep 17th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Ladies, I'm thinking of stocking Yonex rackets (UK Shop/Website) but have never played with one myself. What do you like about them please and which ones in particular! Thanks so much ; )

Wert.
Oct 21st, 2012, 10:43 AM

Cheda 16.17
Oct 21st, 2012, 10:56 PM
I have used Wilson K Factor KSix-One 95, but it is broken.

Payam
Oct 22nd, 2012, 06:02 AM
I have recently bought a second hand Wilson Ncode Tour. It adds so much power to my serves.

netphobia
Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:46 PM
Wilson Steam ofc.

My friend switched with me the other day for fun (he uses a BLX Tour Blade or something to that effect) and he kept asking for a permanent trade. :unsure:

RAPUNXEL
Oct 28th, 2012, 03:05 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/21/article-0-06237F59000005DC-728_468x373.jpg

chingching
Oct 28th, 2012, 03:13 AM
I have 4 RDIS 300s but I think I will be moving to the VCore 100 soon :)

Kəv.
Oct 28th, 2012, 05:06 AM
I really want a new one :sobbing:

But lately I've been spending my parents money a lot...

chingching
Oct 28th, 2012, 05:36 AM
I really want a new one :sobbing:

But lately I've been spending my parents money a lot...

How many rackets do you have anyway??? Are you still playing OJTs???
I am playing AMTs now :D

Kəv.
Oct 29th, 2012, 04:33 AM
2 Babloats
1 Head
2 Junior rackets.

I haven't played an OJT since last year, personally I think i'm not fit and ready enough for another one.

chingching
Oct 29th, 2012, 05:04 AM
2 Babloats
1 Head
2 Junior rackets.

I haven't played an OJT since last year, personally I think i'm not fit and ready enough for another one.

:( That's a shame :(
I am moving on to AMTs after my Europe Trip :angel:

Kəv.
Oct 29th, 2012, 05:52 AM
lucky :o

i'm currently playing in ERT and in the seniors.

but i'm in the lowest section for seniors... well its my first year.
Last week I won 61 61 against a girl, this week I won 62 60 against another girl.

ertinc.org.au if you just go on Results, Saturday PM and Singles/Doubles 5. I play for Wantirna and you can click on the number.

Kəv.
Oct 29th, 2012, 05:52 AM
but we usually play against 20 year old club member thats can play :lol:

chingching
Oct 29th, 2012, 06:19 AM
but we usually play against 20 year old club member thats can play :lol:

Interesting. Well I think I am going to play in Lismore and Ballina + maybe in QLD for some AMTs cause we have a house near there and I like playing in the country. Also the points are a lot easier to come by :D It's also near the beach :inlove: I don't like playing Opens though as it really is annoying playing against people older than you as you get injuries and stuff. Also the Quenslanders are really good :oh: I am only allowed a few opens tournaments a year to my ranking so I must play them, also winning money can be fun :D

Kəv.
Oct 29th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I don't have a TA ranking yet :lol:

Do you have a profile?

chingching
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:25 AM
:sad:
I do have a profile :D
I have quite a few points, but some to defend as well :(

Kəv.
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:26 AM
can i see profile? :p

chingching
Oct 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM
can i see profile? :p

Anonymous forum... :D

charmedRic
Nov 2nd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Anyone play or has demo'ed the Babolat Pure Drive 107?

Setsuna.
Nov 5th, 2012, 03:59 PM
The best racket I bought so far.

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/WS100-1.jpg
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/WS100-4.JPG

It suits my game perfectly. Light, easy to swing and you can generate a lot of power and spin. This racket is a bit underrated imo.

Setsuna.
Nov 5th, 2012, 04:23 PM

Wilson BLX Steam 100

Great racket imo and underrated. It offers great maneuverability. Very light and it improves your racket head speed. Both topspin and slice are really easy to hit off the baseline. You can also generate a lot of pace on your serve with it.

I found taking balls on the rise and changing direction of the ball easy with this racket but you need a decent timing to be able to do that. I feel that my FH became a big weapon right now after playing with this racket.

netphobia
Nov 6th, 2012, 01:48 AM

Wilson BLX Steam 100

Excellent, wonderful, etc.

it's as though it was engineered to make the perfect sound every time. The one thing I would say are that I seem to overhit quite a bit more than I did w/my Prince Black 100, but that's because it gives me so much power and pop :yeah: Really it's just awesome. Totally underrated.

rodriguez
Nov 7th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Head are the best company IMO, I go with them. Especially when you buy a western grip.

chingching
Nov 7th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Head are the best company IMO, I go with them. Especially when you buy a western grip.

Depends how you play :) Head has one of the widest ranges but I think that Yonex rackets fill many criterion :) The rackets weight balance means that you get much more control and head stability, plus, if you are like me, you can put weights on them and due to their shape it makes the racket swing through better. Also, you can get a lot of slice and timing is easier IMO. Good for volleys. It is harder to hit top spin as the strings not only do not accommodate it but you get less of ball on string. IMO though, a really good racket. I love my RDISs :D I am getting VCores soon though :D

Kəv.
Nov 7th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Are there any type of Yonex racket you recommend?

I was thinking of Yonex or Babolat.

chingching
Nov 7th, 2012, 05:59 AM

I like the RDIS 300 (Zheng Jie's racket until this year) but they are very hard to get in Australia as they are basically the same as the Vcores just a little beat heavier and more powerful. I have heard that the EZone rackets are good from a friend but I like the Vcores (Wozniacki's one to be specific [100S]) :) Babolat's are ok IMO, but they gave me tennis elbow :(

Kəv.
Nov 7th, 2012, 06:56 AM
What is tennis elbow?

Kəv.
Nov 7th, 2012, 06:58 AM
What are your thoughts on other rackets? :p

chingching
Nov 7th, 2012, 10:46 AM
What is tennis elbow?

Google :D
I like Head and Wilson, but Yonex all the way :D BTW, Anett's Prince is really nice :inlove:

jasonbloom
Nov 7th, 2012, 01:36 PM

Ezone is good, I used Ezone 100 before, it is too light so I change to Ezone Xi 98, it provides comfortable and soft feeling but still have power, you would love it if you love hitting flat, you can check which racket is suitable for you with this figure, http://www.yonex.co.jp/products/images/tennisracquets/matrix.jpg

Kəv.
Nov 9th, 2012, 04:27 AM
I'm thinking of getting Ivanovic's racket.

charmedRic
Nov 9th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Her racquet looks very nice.

I personally want my head to be between 100insq to 105insq.

Here's what I've narrowed mine down to:
http://s6.postimage.org/7nmokjjhp/Clipboard01.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/7nmokjjhp/)

netphobia
Nov 9th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Tested out the Six.One and it had really good weight on shots. Two guys I know who hit with a lot of topspin and have great slice backhands as well love the Six.One.

charmedRic
Nov 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I'm def def def interest in the 27.25" Pro Staff for sure.

Payam
Nov 10th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Her racquet looks very nice.

I personally want my head to be between 100insq to 105insq.

Here's what I've narrowed mine down to:
http://s6.postimage.org/7nmokjjhp/Clipboard01.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/7nmokjjhp/)

I am curious about that new Dunlop racket, I have already ordered a 300 one series and will let you know how it is after it arrives.

charmedRic
Nov 10th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I am curious about that new Dunlop racket, I have already ordered a 300 one series and will let you know how it is after it arrives.

awesome.

okaythen
Nov 11th, 2012, 12:07 PM
hi guys my tennis racquet is like 15 years old, it's the wilson hammer 6.2....it's still pretty good to me but just wondering what does the latest racquets have to offer?

also got a few other questions, to string the racquet ,is it pretty simple task? I am in Taiwan and I don't know who is good or who is crappy. Is it easy to string racquets can I just find any shop and let them string my racquets? Do I need to ask some questions to see if they know what they are doing? and how do I know if they did a shitty job stringing my racquet. Last time I had it strung and some player said the tension is way too low.

Also what are some of the more popular strings nowadays? before I like to use prince synthetic gut but that was like 12 years ago.

had a broken string and I just left the racquet there for few years. Is it bad for the racquet? before I heard you should take out all the strings if you got a broken string, it's better for the racquet.

thanks guys for reading and your help

charmedRic
Nov 11th, 2012, 12:57 PM
hi guys my tennis racquet is like 15 years old, it's the wilson hammer 6.2....it's still pretty good to me but just wondering what does the latest racquets have to offer?

also got a few other questions, to string the racquet ,is it pretty simple task? I am in Taiwan and I don't know who is good or who is crappy. Is it easy to string racquets can I just find any shop and let them string my racquets? Do I need to ask some questions to see if they know what they are doing? and how do I know if they did a shitty job stringing my racquet. Last time I had it strung and some player said the tension is way too low.

Also what are some of the more popular strings nowadays? before I like to use prince synthetic gut but that was like 12 years ago.

had a broken string and I just left the racquet there for few years. Is it bad for the racquet? before I heard you should take out all the strings if you got a broken string, it's better for the racquet.

thanks guys for reading and your help

- Today's racquets offer much larger sweetspots at the same areas. So a 100 sq-inch yonex's sweetspot is much larger now than in a 10 year old model, same for the other brands.

- Today's racquets also have better torsion control and stability, so unless the model you're currently using has you totally pain free, you can always check out a racquet with the same specs but newer release.

- strings again are very dependent on your arm I guess. Idk if tennis warehouse ships to Taiwan, but they do have an excellent string guide, you should check it out.

- as long as there's no cracks or deficiencies in the structure of the frame it can definitely be restrung. but yeah never leave a racquet with snapped strings on the uneven tensions on the frame can warp it.

okaythen
Nov 11th, 2012, 01:57 PM
- Today's racquets offer much larger sweetspots at the same areas. So a 100 sq-inch yonex's sweetspot is much larger now than in a 10 year old model, same for the other brands.

- Today's racquets also have better torsion control and stability, so unless the model you're currently using has you totally pain free, you can always check out a racquet with the same specs but newer release.

- strings again are very dependent on your arm I guess. Idk if tennis warehouse ships to Taiwan, but they do have an excellent string guide, you should check it out.

- as long as there's no cracks or deficiencies in the structure of the frame it can definitely be restrung. but yeah never leave a racquet with snapped strings on the uneven tensions on the frame can warp it.

wow thanks a lot, that's exactly what I wanted to find out...so newer racquets the sweetspots are bigger....and less pain for your arms....very good to hear I should try out some newer racquets. anyone know if they got new releases for my racquets? or can recommend some similar ones. My racquets are wilson hammer 6.2. Slazenger pro-braided. and yonex rq-380. My stroke forms are pretty good I never had much pain actually....but definitely good to prevent pains and gain bigger sweetspots! just about how much larger sweetspots for the newer racquets? 10% , 20% bigger?

thanks again

charmedRic
Nov 11th, 2012, 08:50 PM
wow thanks a lot, that's exactly what I wanted to find out...so newer racquets the sweetspots are bigger....and less pain for your arms....very good to hear I should try out some newer racquets. anyone know if they got new releases for my racquets? or can recommend some similar ones. My racquets are wilson hammer 6.2. Slazenger pro-braided. and yonex rq-380. My stroke forms are pretty good I never had much pain actually....but definitely good to prevent pains and gain bigger sweetspots! just about how much larger sweetspots for the newer racquets? 10% , 20% bigger?

thanks again

what's the square inchage on your current models?

okaythen
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:42 PM
what's the square inchage on your current models?

I got one that's 95 and another that's 110.

so can any tennis shop string racquets is it a simple task to do? Can I just let any tennis shop string my racquet or I should find a reputable one?

thanks

Kəv.
Nov 12th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Help me pick a racket. (sorry but I forgot the names)

The Yonex Ivanovic one or the Babolat Clijsters one. ??

Not sure... what i'm looking for is control, but also power.

chingching
Nov 12th, 2012, 04:38 AM

Ivanovic one. I don't like the new Babolats :)

Kəv.
Nov 12th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Last time, it was a toss up with 2 head rackets for me, I chose one. But then I played with the Babolat one for a bit and really liked it, now I regret getting this racket. And I don't want to make the same mistake.

chingching
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Last time, it was a toss up with 2 head rackets for me, I chose one. But then I played with the Babolat one for a bit and really liked it, now I regret getting this racket. And I don't want to make the same mistake.

Trial them first :) Most places let you do that :) Or buy through a club. They definitely will :D

Kəv.
Nov 12th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Yeh, TW has trials, thats how I played with it :lol:

I haven't tried the Yonex one though, was thinking of getting a new racket next year where they get new ones and the old ones go cheaper :p

charmedRic
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:33 AM

I like Yonex more than Babolat, for two reasons. (1) Babolat frames are stiff as fuck, so if you put on poly strings and have elbow problems you might as well shred your tendons. (2) I really like the isometric shape design on the yonex blades, i like that the sweetspot is more round and forgiving.

charmedRic
Nov 12th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I got one that's 95 and another that's 110.
so can any tennis shop string racquets is it a simple task to do? Can I just let any tennis shop string my racquet or I should find a reputable one?
thanks

Damn. That's a big range to play with, haha. Do you prefer one to the other? What's your game like?

Stringing should be done by an expert. A bad string job will make the world's best frame play like Shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Kəv.
Nov 13th, 2012, 03:42 AM
I like Yonex more than Babolat, for two reasons. (1) Babolat frames are stiff as fuck, so if you put on poly strings and have elbow problems you might as well shred your tendons. (2) I really like the isometric shape design on the yonex blades, i like that the sweetspot is more round and forgiving.

oh, I was going to put poly strings on.

charmedRic
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:12 PM
oh, I was going to put poly strings on.

not a big deal if you've never had tennis elbow. or if you're mechanics are correct.

Racket Stringer
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Head Youtex Radical Pro!

charmedRic
Nov 13th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Murray's racquet? way too heavy for me, :hysteric:

Pro tennis
Nov 14th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Hi everybody,

As owner of Protennis.fr, a french tennis shop, I use the Technifibre T Fight 255 (http://www.protennis.fr/TECNIFIBRE_T_FIGHT_255-Adulte-produit_fiche1-13168-0.aspx), a very light one, made by a very great french raquet brand ! Do you know it ?

chingching
Nov 14th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hi everybody,

As owner of Protennis.fr, a french tennis shop, I use the Technifibre T Fight 255 (http://www.protennis.fr/TECNIFIBRE_T_FIGHT_255-Adulte-produit_fiche1-13168-0.aspx), a very light one, made by a very great french raquet brand ! Do you know it ?

Not too much advertising. You might get banned :D

Kəv.
Nov 14th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Currently my racket is around 270g (unstrung), the Babolat one is 320g and the Yonex is 330g.

Hopefully it doesn't really affect anything.

chingching
Nov 14th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Currently my racket is around 270g (unstrung), the Babolat one is 320g and the Yonex is 330g.

Hopefully it doesn't really affect anything.

Is the Yonex 330 :eek: Mine is 310 :D

Yoncé
Nov 14th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Head Youtex Radical Pro!

Same :cheer:

I have a Juice BLX 100 as well :D

charmedRic
Nov 17th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I think I official have a new racquet picked:
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSma5IEAaV68SqjeFnQvBjJioW4jWBUe 0vV7nbJ29k8NLsIh9fA

...I'm even surprised I was able to adjust so quickly from a 105" to a 100" frame.

Payam
Nov 17th, 2012, 09:38 PM
My Biomimetic 300 plus finally arrived. I have only placed twice so far with it and the first change which I have noticed has been how my serve lands more accurately in the box.

charmedRic
Nov 17th, 2012, 10:17 PM
My Biomimetic 300 plus finally arrived. I have only placed twice so far with it and the first change which I have noticed has been how my serve lands more accurately in the box.

Very cool. I am looking forward to playing a match-match soon on mine.

Kəv.
Nov 17th, 2012, 10:21 PM
for some reason I'm using a 270 gram racket, but yesterday It really hurt my shoulder?

charmedRic
Nov 17th, 2012, 10:57 PM
for some reason I'm using a 270 gram racket, but yesterday It really hurt my shoulder?

Mechanics? Improper stretching (pre or post)??

...that's about 9.5 ounces, so I don't think too much weight would be an issue.

...too little weight perhaps? but then that'd point back to mechanics.

Andy.
Nov 18th, 2012, 12:46 AM
I have been playing with Yonex for years but I have seen a new Wilson racket I'm keen on and thinking maybe its time for a change. I always play with Mids and am currently using the V Core 89 but thinking of changing to this to give me a touch more power and be slightly more forgiving:

Wilson Blade 93

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/BLD93-1.jpg

charmedRic
Nov 18th, 2012, 12:53 AM
I have been playing with Yonex for years but I have seen a new Wilson racket I'm keen on and thinking maybe its time for a change. I always play with Mids and am currently using the V Core 89 but thinking of changing to this to give me a touch more power and be slightly more forgiving:

Wilson Blade 93

that looks SHARP.

I was considering the Blade 104. But I think I like the BLX Six One 100 for now.

Andy.
Nov 18th, 2012, 12:58 AM
that looks SHARP.

I was considering the Blade 104. But I think I like the BLX Six One 100 for now.

I know I love the Black paint job :hearts: with a white shaft it will be perfection. I have never used Wilson though so I'm not sure how I will go.

Yoncé
Nov 18th, 2012, 01:15 AM
The black paint looks so fierce!!

The only thing that irritated me in my change to getting some Wilsons from Babolat and Head is how extreme the flared but cap on the handle is.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Andy.
Nov 18th, 2012, 01:22 AM
The black paint looks so fierce!!

The only thing that irritated me in my change to getting some Wilsons from Babolat and Head is how extreme the flared but cap on the handle is.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Thanks for the insider info. I will have to see how it goes.

Payam
Nov 28th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I have been playing with Biomimetic 300 Plus for two weeks now and it has worked quite well for me. I have an aggressive all court game, and this racket gave me so much control over my shot placement. It hurt my arm a little in the beginning but now I have got used to it and it is quite easy on the arm.

charmedRic
Nov 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Wilson BLX Pro.Staff Six One 100. :worship:

Best racquet I have ever played with.

Hands Down.

jimmy_the_greek
Dec 2nd, 2012, 11:42 PM
Yonex V Core Xi 100 Tennis Racquet:)
String: Yonex poly tour pro 125 yellow string. Same string that Kirilenko uses.
strung at a tension of 56.

jimmy_the_greek
Dec 3rd, 2012, 12:01 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2lmxnp3.jpg

tmc5005
Dec 17th, 2012, 12:38 AM
The best racquets for playability and for being arm-friendly tend to share the same characteristics, such as being heavier with a head light balance and are very flexible. After a lot of research I have found
(Dunlop Biometric 100) (http://tenniselbowracquet.com/dunlop-biometric-100)which has a 59 RDC flex rating, weighs 11.8 oz and has a -7HL balance
(Prince EX03 Tour) (http://tenniselbowracquet.com/prince-ex03-tour)which has a 54 RDC flex rating, weighs 11.4 oz and has a -6HL balance
(Babolat Pure Storm) (http://tenniselbowracquet.com/babolat-pure-storm) which has a 58 RDC flex rating, weighs 11.9 oz and has a -10HL balance
a few other great choices would be:
HEAD-Youtek-IG-Prestige-MP (http://tenniselbowracquet.com/Head-Youtek-IG-Prestige-MP)which has a 63 RDC flex rating, weighs 11.9 oz and has a -6HL balance
Wilson Prostaff Six One BLX (http://tenniselbowracquet.com/wilson-prostaff-95-blx)which has a 63 RDC flex rating, weighs 11.6 oz and has a -7HL balance

chingching
Dec 19th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Hey guys, I am going to buy 3 rackets tomorrow (the same) and as they don't sell the RDIS 300 in Australia anymore, I was wondering which of the Yonex VCore 100S and the Yonex VCore 100 XI is better???

Payam
Dec 25th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Since the Yonex Vcore Xi 100 has just been released, it would be hard to comment on its performance. According to their specs, both of them are quite similar except for a few minor details (Xi is a bit stiffer and has a synthetic grip). But it all depends on you actually, if you are a risk-taker go with it, but if you prefer to be conservative go with Yonex Vcore 100S.

chingching
Dec 25th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Since the Yonex Vcore Xi 100 has just been released, it would be hard to comment on its performance. According to their specs, both of them are quite similar except for a few minor details (Xi is a bit stiffer and has a synthetic grip). But it all depends on you actually, if you are a risk-taker go with it, but if you prefer to be conservative go with Yonex Vcore 100S.

I already got some 100ss :)

Payam
Dec 25th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Oh cool, let us know how you like them. What racket did you use before this?

F-R-E-A-K
Dec 25th, 2012, 10:22 AM

New 2013 Babolat Aero Drive :D

Babolat Pure Drive Lite :D

Now I have Aero Drive, Pure Storm, Pure Drive & Pure Drive Lite :rolls:

chingching
Dec 26th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Oh cool, let us know how you like them. What racket did you use before this?

I used to use the RDIS 300 but they don't make them any more and I heard that thee were similar and they looked very similar :) I love them so much :inlove: They generate so much power :yeah: I haven't had them re-strung yet and they are still so good :eek: :cheer:

ezone
Dec 26th, 2012, 03:07 AM
I used to use the RDIS 300 but they don't make them any more and I heard that thee were similar and they looked very similar :) I love them so much :inlove: They generate so much power :yeah: I haven't had them re-strung yet and they are still so good :eek: :cheer:

If you haven't purchased them already I would suggest getting a few demo;s of the different yonex rackets. I will be getting the vcore 100 XI light and heavy; vcore team 97 lite and the vcore xi 98. I deal with Yonex rackets in the states. Can't tell you how they play. The vcore and Ezone xi are totally different rackets. You might want to try them all.

lightbulb
Dec 30th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I am a senior member & the racket I used was a Wilson T2000 steel tennis racket which I think is the "greatest" designed & made tennis racket of all time. The racket is quite heavy & has a small head but I found I could play both a "touch" & "power" game with this racket. From memory they were not that popular when they first appeared but jimmy Conners had great success with this particular racket. The only problem with this tennis racket is if you miss hit the ball on the steel frame the vibrations would hurt your arm but on the other hand when you did hit the tennis ball in the center of the racket you generated a lot of power. Cheers ! :)

Kəv.
Jan 5th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Just got this racket

http://img.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/new_big/YEZX98-1.jpg

Yoncé
Jan 5th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Why do so many people here use Yonex? :tears: I've never even thought about using one. Are they good?

lightbulb
Jan 5th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Just got this racket

http://img.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/new_big/YEZX98-1.jpg

Your have a "great" looking new tennis racket there & what was your criteria for choosing this particular racket ? Personally speaking I think the rackets "grip" is the most important part of any racket to consider when buying a new one because if the rackets grip or handle doesn't feel comfortable when playing than you're made a mistake in buying it. Also can you tell me if your new racket is light or heavy in weight ? Regards Peter ! :)

Andy.
Jan 5th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Why do so many people here use Yonex? :tears: I've never even thought about using one. Are they good?

They are the best :drool: but in all seriousness. I think they make really good quality rackets and always have great paint jobs.

chingching
Jan 5th, 2013, 05:33 AM

Yes :D
They suit all styles :)

amy_0145
Jan 5th, 2013, 06:42 AM

yes, the best brand of racket in my opinion.
it is suitable for ballbashers (vaidisova and sabine), but also counter punchers (kerber, hewitt etc)

Yoncé
Jan 5th, 2013, 06:50 AM
They are the best :drool: but in all seriousness. I think they make really good quality rackets and always have great paint jobs.

That's why you bought a Wilson then...:oh: they actually are the best looking, they always have great paint jobs :hearts: it's so conceded that I'd rather have a nice looking racquet than a really good one :tears:

Yes :D
They suit all styles :)

I don't know why but I've always associated them with pushers :tears: maybe I should look into one!

jimmy_the_greek
Jan 5th, 2013, 06:55 AM
That's why you bought a Wilson then...:oh: they actually are the best looking, they always have great paint jobs :hearts: it's so conceded that I'd rather have a nice looking racquet than a really good one :tears:

I don't know why but I've always associated them with pushers :tears: maybe I should look into one!

Wozniacki may have something to do with this:lol:

Andy.
Jan 5th, 2013, 07:32 AM

I didnt end up buying it. I decided to stick with Yonex.

Yoncé
Jan 5th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Haha fair enough then :yeah:

netphobia
Jan 5th, 2013, 07:39 AM

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/reviews/Wilson_BLX_Steam_100-1.jpg

Plus a neon orange grip w/my green Prince strings? :drool: My friend tried it out and gave it back to me after a couple shots because it was too "distracting" to hit with. :sobbing:

Yoncé
Jan 5th, 2013, 08:04 AM
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/reviews/Wilson_BLX_Steam_100-1.jpg

Plus a neon orange grip w/my green Prince strings? :drool: My friend tried it out and gave it back to me after a couple shots because it was too "distracting" to hit with. :sobbing:

I was referring to Yonex being attractive :lol: that does look nice still though.

Serena_Williams_
Jan 5th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Yonex seem ,,cute" :lol: My fave is still the Wilson BLX Blade team Serena used.I want it so badly :sobbing:

anthonyqld
Jan 6th, 2013, 11:04 AM
I use the Head YouTek IG Instinct MP

Payam
Jan 6th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Your have a "great" looking new tennis racket there & what was your criteria for choosing this particular racket ? Personally speaking I think the rackets "grip" is the most important part of any racket to consider when buying a new one because if the rackets grip or handle doesn't feel comfortable when playing than you're made a mistake in buying it. Also can you tell me if your new racket is light or heavy in weight ? Regards Peter ! :)

I agree with you about the grip, but you can always customize a grip by wrapping overgrip on it. I apply two overgrips on my racquets, one Babolat Pro Team for the cushion-like comfort and another Babolat VS original for the feel and tackiness. They provide the perfect feel for the racquet, without sacrificing comfort or tack.

chingching
Jan 6th, 2013, 11:11 PM
They are great for Slice due to the rectangularish shape of the racket head, control as they have double metal brimming and they are very easy to swing as their swing rate is easily balanced :) They are also very good if you have had injuries in the past, as I have, as you can absorb the pace without getting injuries :) Due to the fact it is very easy to control where the ball is placed and the fact that the racket is made in Japan, many Asian players use this racket :) Also, the dimensions and balances are much more accurate and they are made much better than other racket brands because unlike Babolat and Wilson where they have the rackets made in South-East Asian Sweatshops, Yonex rackets are made in Japan with much better equipment and you will find that they will not falter :)

The only disadvantage is that if you smash your racket at the top, then you will get hairline fractures which could lead to a break in the bits that are less straight and more curved in the top corners :( Also, something I have found with the VCore 100S is that it is almost too powerful :lol: It can also be harder to hit up the ball given the swing rate but slice is very easy to hit :D

Payam
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Thanks Chingching for your post. I have to confess that I used to have the same negative preconception about Yonex racquets because Wozniacki was the face of it.
Yonex V100 has a high overall score from the TW reviewers too and it is the racquet of choice for one of the play-testers there as well.
But I do wonder why more famous Japanese players such as Nishikori do not use these racquets.

darrinbaker00
Jan 7th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Thanks Chingching for your post. I have to confess that I used to have the same negative preconception about Yonex racquets because Wozniacki was the face of it.
Yonex V100 has a high overall score from the TW reviewers too and it is the racquet of choice for one of the play-testers there as well.
But I do wonder why more Japanese players such as Nishikori do not use these racquets.

Wilson = $$$$$
Yonex = $

Advantage, Wilson.

chingching
Jan 7th, 2013, 02:49 AM
But I do wonder why more famous Japanese players such as Nishikori do not use these racquets.

Basically because of Money. Yonex wants to invest overseas not just locally :) Same reason why many French players don't use Babolat :)

ezone
Jan 7th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Yonex always pays their players very well. Ivanovic and Wozniacki have two of the biggest racket deals for women. You can research it on the internet. Obviously the smaller racket companies have to pay more. When Ivanovic signed with Yonex before she won the French Open it was reported to be the richest contract for any female player.

Payam
Jan 7th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Thanks Ezone and Chingching. It was informative to read both of your posts.

@ darrinbaker00: lol, it was funny way of putting it.

semprelibera
Jan 8th, 2013, 03:00 AM

Wilson Blade 93

Hotness!

Mashabator
Jan 19th, 2013, 07:11 AM
I get very angry on court i broke 7 Racquets in 2011, 5 in 2012 and hopefully maybe only 3 this year :oh:

Anyway i have gone from Prince o3 white to Head Youtek IG instinct but because of rotator cuff problems (channelling my inner maria fan) after i broke my last instinct :lol: i decided i may aswell just change racquets because people whinge about sore joints from the instinct sometimes. So now i bought the Wilson BLX pro because apparently its good for my game style and has STACKS of control :)

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/POBLX-1.jpg

procarvalho
Jan 20th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Head ti inpulse!

Sean.
Jan 20th, 2013, 06:21 PM
My old Prince racket broke, so I got a different one for my Birthday! Really excited to try them! :cheer:

Didn't realise it was Federer's model until after I bought it. :ras: But you win some you lose some!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-XhGR_hxNPXEZxSX0WPMte4SNjC8Pj3B5zAlWTBeXutYuPHvhOd 9dg4zd

Payam
Jan 20th, 2013, 06:30 PM
It isn't exactly Federer's, he uses Six One 95.

Kairi
Jan 20th, 2013, 06:33 PM
It isn't exactly Federer's, he uses Six One 95.

Payam
Jan 20th, 2013, 06:50 PM
yes you are right, it is 90 not 95. Thanx for the correction.

webfire
Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:22 AM
I am an amateur tennis player and I recently bought this Yonex RQ Revolution Ace Tennis Racquet from an online store, www.Sports365.in. I bought this based on the advise given by one my friends. The new racquet has not let me down, looks like a good buy.

Yonex tennis racquet (http://www.sports365.in/categories/Tennis-Racquets/cid-CU00041759.aspx?Rfs=brandZZ6302PYXQcurtrayZZBrand)

Payam
Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:05 PM
I am an amateur tennis player and I recently bought this Yonex RQ Revolution Ace Tennis Racquet from an online store, www.Sports365.in. I bought this based on the advise given by one my friends. The new racquet has not let me down, looks like a good buy :-)

Yonex tennis racquet (http://www.sports365.in/categories/Tennis-Racquets/cid-CU00041759.aspx?Rfs=brandZZ6302PYXQcurtrayZZBrand)

I'm very sorry to hear that you purchased a Yonex racket that you were not happy with. The model you purchased was discontinued a long time ago. With any racket it's always best to demo a model. Places like Tenniswarehouse.com (not sure available in India) allows you to demo before purchase for a nominal fee. It's impossible to know if you will like a racket unless you try it. Next time, try to find an authorized dealer from that racket company since there are also many fake models being sold on the internet. If you check out the Yonex .com website they will show you how to learn if your model is counterfeit. I do know the new Yonex models aren't sold with racket covers in USA but rather a cloth tennis bag. The high end Yonex rackets are made in Japan such as the Ezone XI and Vcore Xi series.

Well it seems the post you have answered to has been generated by a spambot to advertise the website.
Also the poster has been quite happy with racket s/he has bought and a smiley face is there to confirm it too, so I am surprised how you have thought the poster is unhappy with the Yonex racquet
Thanks for the info anyway.

jasonbloom
Feb 1st, 2013, 09:23 AM
I buy the New Head Instinct MP, the racket Maria and Tomas are using, I tried to serve today and I will use it to play some double game tomorrow. It has such a beautiful paint job, can't wait to use it

Start da Game
Feb 1st, 2013, 03:41 PM
http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/reviews/KPS88.jpg

the prostaff 88.....

lozzapee
Feb 1st, 2013, 04:05 PM
Any tennis players that would not mind answering a few questions, to help with my design project would be much appreciated!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGU1MzI4UmMzdXRFbEdJZUUxMkpsQ3c6M Q#gid=0

Trey
May 24th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Has anyone ever played with the new Babolat AeroPro Drive Plus Rackets 2013 Yet ? If so can U give me Detail about the racquet

Payam
May 24th, 2013, 06:03 AM
I have recently bought two Dunlop Biomimetic 200 Tour rackets and I love them. http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/reviews/dunlopBio200Tour-1.jpg

Their heavy weight makes customization impossible and I have only added one overgrip (instead of my usual 2), and use rubber band instead of my usual Bio dampener.

Petkorazzi
Jun 14th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Can you guys recommend a racket/string combination that would increase my power? I am fed up of how little power I can get out even though I'm a big guy. I had the Wilson K factor and I liked it better than the Babolats I've had/have now, but I'm thinking of maybe getting a Prince for my birthday. Is it true that Prince rackets break the strings really often?

Payam
Jun 14th, 2013, 09:27 AM
It is a good surprise that some is looking for power not control here. I may have some suggestions for you, but can you please tell the full name of your racket and strings? (and possibly the string tension?)

Petkorazzi
Jun 14th, 2013, 09:30 AM
I used to have the K Factor (96?), which was like 332 grams I believe. Right now I use an old Babolat, 270 grams... I use different strings every time it breaks. depending on whats available and what I can afford. I kinda wanna get a decent racket along with decent stringe and a tension that I will keep for a while (i vary that every time too :lol:)

And I doubt I'd lose much control with any racket anyway, that's never been a problem.

charmedRic
Jun 14th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I used to have the K Factor (96?), which was like 332 grams I believe. Right now I use an old Babolat, 270 grams... I use different strings every time it breaks. depending on whats available and what I can afford. I kinda wanna get a decent racket along with decent stringe and a tension that I will keep for a while (i vary that every time too :lol:)
And I doubt I'd lose much control with any racket anyway, that's never been a problem.

1) Weight: do you want another 300+ gram frame or you you like the 270-290 range?

2) Size: Is 96 square inches ok? Do you want a 98? A 100?

3) how big is your swing? how fast?

charmedRic
Jun 14th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Wilson Blade 98 (16x19)
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wilson_Blade_98_16x19/descpageRCWILSON-B9816.html

Sean.
Jun 14th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Can you guys recommend a racket/string combination that would increase my power? I am fed up of how little power I can get out even though I'm a big guy. I had the Wilson K factor and I liked it better than the Babolats I've had/have now, but I'm thinking of maybe getting a Prince for my birthday. Is it true that Prince rackets break the strings really often?

Have you tried one of the oversized wilson rackets? They're heavy but have a big sweet spot & plenty of easy power. A friend of mine uses a Steam 105. He's not a big guy but hits the ball like a truck!

As for stringing, can't you just string it a little loser? What do you have it string at currently? Also, I've found, if you hit harder, the spiral/helix strings last longer - they are a bit more expensive, though.

I used to use Prince rackets, but the strings lost tension/broke ridiculously quickly.

Petkorazzi
Jun 14th, 2013, 04:34 PM
1) Weight: do you want another 300+ gram frame or you you like the 270-290 range?

2) Size: Is 96 square inches ok? Do you want a 98? A 100?

3) how big is your swing? how fast?

1) Definitely 300+
2) Doesn't matter, though I think I need a larger head to avoid shanking my forehand.
3) swings are really long and definitely slower than average, though I have been practising on artificial grass lately, so my swings have started to get shorter I've been told.

Have you tried one of the oversized wilson rackets? They're heavy but have a big sweet spot & plenty of easy power. A friend of mine uses a Steam 105. He's not a big guy but hits the ball like a truck!

As for stringing, can't you just string it a little loser? What do you have it string at currently? Also, I've found, if you hit harder, the spiral/helix strings last longer - they are a bit more expensive, though.

I used to use Prince rackets, but the strings lost tension/broke ridiculously quickly.

I think 105 is too big :unsure:

I have no idea how I string it, the stringing guy always laughs at me when I tell him do it however you want :lol: It really makes no difference to me, I think :lol:

Yeah, I won't get Prince for sure, re-stringing often is a pain for a recreational player.

Sean.
Jun 14th, 2013, 04:53 PM
^ They do a 99 in the same series too, I think. ;)

Sent from Verticalsports.com App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

charmedRic
Jun 14th, 2013, 05:09 PM
1) Definitely 300+
2) Doesn't matter, though I think I need a larger head to avoid shanking my forehand.
3) swings are really long and definitely slower than average, though I have been practising on artificial grass lately, so my swings have started to get shorter I've been told.

I think 105 is too big :unsure:

I have no idea how I string it, the stringing guy always laughs at me when I tell him do it however you want :lol: It really makes no difference to me, I think :lol:

Yeah, I won't get Prince for sure, re-stringing often is a pain for a recreational player.

Wilson BLX Steam 100
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage-WS100.html

If you've never had tennis-elbow I suggest Goosen Polyquest, of you've had some discomfort but not quite pain Head FXP Tour. I use both ... got the same frame twice strung with different strings based on how the elbow is doing.

darrinbaker00
Jun 15th, 2013, 03:04 AM
I switched from the Head Microgel Prestige Pro to this...

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head_YOUTEK_IG_Ltd_Edition_Prestige_Midplus/descpageRCHEAD-HYLEP.html

...strung with Head Sonic Pro Black 17 at 52 pounds. I even put a black grip on it.

Payam
Jun 15th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Power is directly related to the swing weight, so if you want a more powerful racket you should go for one which has a higher swing weight than average rackets (i.e. larger than 315-320), and I suggest you pick a headlight one rather than a head heavy racket.
I do believe that Prince racket's breaking strings sooner than other rackets is a myth. The Exo3 grommets make the strings move and snap back easier which does not necessarily contribute to strings breaking. Playing top spin shot, on the other hand does break your strings earlier. If you are particularly concerned about that, you can either buy a racket with a closed string pattern (18 x 20), or use polyester strings in the mains, or even having a full bed of poly.

charmedRic
Jun 15th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I switched from the Head Microgel Prestige Pro to this...
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head_YOUTEK_IG_Ltd_Edition_Prestige_Midplus/descpageRCHEAD-HYLEP.html
...strung with Head Sonic Pro Black 17 at 52 pounds. I even put a black grip on it.

sharp looking frame, lost me with that string pattern tho. :oh:

Power is directly related to the swing weight, so if you want a more powerful racket you should go for one which has a higher swing weight than average rackets (i.e. larger than 315-320), and I suggest you pick a headlight one rather than a head heavy racket.
I do believe that Prince racket's breaking strings sooner than other rackets is a myth. The Exo3 grommets make the strings move and snap back easier which does not necessarily contribute to strings breaking. Playing top spin shot, on the other hand does break your strings earlier. If you are particularly concerned about that, you can either buy a racket with a closed string pattern (18 x 20), or use polyester strings in the mains, or even having a full bed of poly.

Yep, swing weight is key for power and plow-through.

Just a caveat with the poly strings, if anyone's had elbow issues don't agree to trying a poly string until you've talked about it to the person selling/suggesting that string.

I go to http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/articles/2012/01/string_selector_2012.html and look through the strings to look at their stiffness ratings. At one point my tennis elbow was so bad that after 1 hour of play my hand would be numb and my serve would loose all power/feel to it. After several Grastons' treatments it is under control and I've started testing polys again. I've found that for me at tensions in the low 50's I can handle stiffness (:oh:) in the 235 to 165 range of the polys. For doubles on my STEAM 105S, which has that ridic open 16X15 pattern, I have Goosen Polyquest (stiffness 235) ... for singles on my Pro Staff BLX 100 I have Head FXP Tour (stiffness 165) ... both are durable for the frames they're on and elbow soreness is minimal and gone once I'm down playing.

I didn't mean to ramble ... but tennis elbow (and golfer's elbow) truly suck the life out of one's game ... so I always like to raise the flag so ppl don't get hurt.

Andy.
Jun 20th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Not a racket but my new Tennis Racket Bag

http://img.tenniswarehouse-europe.com/new_big/NUATB-1.jpg

Povin
Jun 28th, 2013, 02:57 AM
I have Wilson Hyperion 7.0. The package said that Raonic uses it, not anymore I guess. But I'm no way a servebot :lol:

Payam
Jun 28th, 2013, 03:40 AM
I don't think that Raonic has ever used it. It is a light racket with a big head, something that none of the pros use because of its high power (which requires a shorter swing and gives you less control).

MrPitiful
Jul 10th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Just got a Wilson BLX Juice pro 100... Pretty happy with it

Silas
Jul 11th, 2013, 06:16 PM

i love it!

F-R-E-A-K
Jul 13th, 2013, 03:02 AM

:hearts: I want it!!! :inlove: :yeah:

Start da Game
Jul 16th, 2013, 07:03 PM
prostaff 88

Povin
Jul 16th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Guys, can you help me? I have Wilson Hyperion 7.0, but absolutely loved Wilson Pro staff 95 when I touched it in the store. I love how thin the frame is + this racket is for more control, which I am seeking. Is there a big difference between these two rackets? I absolutely hate thick-framed rackets (in width of frame), and I am a baseliner with a great court coverage and "touch" shots.

Start da Game
Jul 17th, 2013, 05:33 AM
haven't played with hyperion but i think there's significant difference between the two......my prostaff doesn't give me easy power but the feel and control is great with it......it feels a bit heavy in the hand but you get used to it after a few days......

Potato
Jul 18th, 2013, 01:25 AM
I've been using my Dunlop Aerogel500 for a really long time (I've been too cheap to switch racquets :lol:)! It suits my game really well since it is light so I can accelerate fast and gives me a lot of control. If you're not really naturally strong it's a really good inexpensive choice (it's a very old racquet :P)

Question: If I DO decide to upgrade to the fancy new modern racquet technology, what do you guys suggest is a good transition? I love my yellow racquet, many a good memories in tennis tournaments.

Singleniacki
Jul 18th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Been in love with The K-Factor Team, 104 head, Serena and Venus used it a few years ago. They've stopped making it and I can't by anymore replacements, plus I've been wanting to switch for a while.

Had a hit with the new Aero Pro Drive and I really like it, think I'm gonna switch.

BTW I can't play with a Prince racquet for the life of me.

GOATdin0931
Jul 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Liquid Metal 4. Is that bad? :unsure:

Potato
Jul 24th, 2013, 04:39 PM

I love that racket!!! It really gives a lot of control, almost impossible to miss with that racquet

Payam
Jul 25th, 2013, 06:09 AM

It IS old, but old doesn't mean bad.

Potato
Jul 25th, 2013, 05:39 PM
question: does modern racquet technology really make that much of a difference on a non-pro level?

charmedRic
Jul 25th, 2013, 06:11 PM
question: does modern racquet technology really make that much of a difference on a non-pro level?

the technologies I wouldn't say as much as the specs.

were you asking for a reason in particular?

SilverSlam
Jul 25th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Been in love with The K-Factor Team, 104 head, Serena and Venus used it a few years ago. They've stopped making it and I can't by anymore replacements, plus I've been wanting to switch for a while.

Had a hit with the new Aero Pro Drive and I really like it, think I'm gonna switch.

BTW I can't play with a Prince racquet for the life of me.

:tears: I have a Wilson and a Prince, I forget what model the Wilson is, from memory it's a K90, and a Prince O3 red, and I can't play for shiiiit with the Wilson. It's weird how different they are to me now, when I first got them they felt pretty similar :lol:

Payam
Jul 25th, 2013, 09:42 PM

The short answer is: If you don't have an arm problem, NO.

charmedRic
Aug 23rd, 2013, 01:52 PM
Hi Ya'll!

I just ordered the following demos:
Wilson Five BLX,
Volkl Organix 6,
Dunlop Biomimetic M6.0,
Prince EXO3 Warrior DB Team 100.

Has anyone played with any of them? If so, what are your thoughts?

MaSharp
Aug 24th, 2013, 06:10 PM
I have the new one! :D
It's a babolat e-sense

charmedRic
Aug 28th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Have it narrowed down to the Wilson Five BLX or the Dunlop Biomimetic M6.0. Will hit with them again this weekend. **fingers crossed**

Kipling
Aug 28th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Just a caveat with the poly strings, if anyone's had elbow issues don't agree to trying a poly string until you've talked about it to the person selling/suggesting that string.

I go to http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/articles/2012/01/string_selector_2012.html and look through the strings to look at their stiffness ratings. At one point my tennis elbow was so bad that after 1 hour of play my hand would be numb and my serve would loose all power/feel to it. After several Grastons' treatments it is under control and I've started testing polys again. I've found that for me at tensions in the low 50's I can handle stiffness (:oh:) in the 235 to 165 range of the polys. For doubles on my STEAM 105S, which has that ridic open 16X15 pattern, I have Goosen Polyquest (stiffness 235) ... for singles on my Pro Staff BLX 100 I have Head FXP Tour (stiffness 165) ... both are durable for the frames they're on and elbow soreness is minimal and gone once I'm down playing.

I didn't mean to ramble ... but tennis elbow (and golfer's elbow) truly suck the life out of one's game ... so I always like to raise the flag so ppl don't get hurt.

Stringing a poly at a lower tension is one option. Stringing it in hybrid with natural gut, or a forgiving synthetic or multifilament is another. Finding the right combination with the latter can offer the perfect balance of durability, comfort, control and power.

Of course, advice is only good if works for you, so everyone has to find their own optimal solution.

MMJSL
Sep 4th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Yonex VCore 100s. For a couple of years now. Recently went from Babolat Gut 58 lbs to Luxilon 4G 47lbs with great success.

Tried out the pure drive to see if I could add more pop but it was disastrous. I couldn't control the pure drive strung with gut and didn't care enough to try another string.

Kipling
Sep 5th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I couldn't control the pure drive strung with gut and didn't care enough to try another string.

I've found that I like either Luxilon Alu Power or Solinco Tour Bite in the mains with this racquet, strung at 53, with Gosen OG Sheep Micro in the crosses at 57. That tends to yield a nice balance of power, comfort and control for me.

Andy.
Oct 23rd, 2013, 11:53 PM
Time for an upgrade. Cant believe I'm leaving Yonex but I needed a slightly more forgiving racket than the Vcore 89.

Love the paint job

Wilson Six.One 95 (18x20)

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_big/619518-1.jpg

Payam
Oct 24th, 2013, 01:58 AM
I am not a big fan of the paint job of these new line of Wilson rackets, they seem to be directly copied from the Ncode series.

Andy.
Oct 24th, 2013, 05:20 AM
I am not a big fan of the paint job of these new line of Wilson rackets, they seem to be directly copied from the Ncode series.
Thats what I like about them :lol:

The only thing I dont like about Wilson is that they dont make any nice tennis bags.

Start da Game
Oct 24th, 2013, 06:57 AM
i am still using the 88 sq inch prostaff....

charmedRic
Oct 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
New Princes, New Heads, and a new series of Wilson Six.One racquets.

:hearts:

chingching
Oct 24th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Broke one of my rackets today :bigcry: :sobbing: :banghead: :mad: :facepalm: :hysteric:

charmedRic
Oct 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Broke one of my rackets today :bigcry: :sobbing: :banghead: :mad: :facepalm: :hysteric:

oh noes! what happened?

Trey
Nov 4th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Has anyone ever played with the Babolat AeroPro Drive Plus & Head YOUTEK IG Radical Pro ? If so can U give me Detail about the racquets

charmedRic
Nov 4th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Has anyone ever played with the Babolat AeroPro Drive Plus & Head YOUTEK IG Radical Pro ? If so can U give me Detail about the racquets

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/APDP13/APDP13Review.html

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/HYIGRP/HYIGRPReview.html

hope these help!

sharagora
Nov 13th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I play with the Head Youtek IG Instinct MP and I love it. I added a little weight to the head and its been my absolute favorite racquet. Are the Graphene versions of these Head racquets very different? I can't decide if I should get the Graphene Instinct..

.Andrew.
Nov 17th, 2013, 12:50 AM
http://cdn.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/535/166/536/head-microgel-radical-l4-mp-amelie-mauresmo-use-racquet-443d.jpg

Used Wilson for a long time and then Prince/Babolat for a short period, but Head racquets (and this particular frame) are definitely my favorite

Sammo
Dec 14th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Switched from a Prince O3 White to a Babolat Pure Drive, I wanted more power. At first I thought I'd be unable to control it but it's just a matter of adaptation, the power is awesome.

ElisaJ
Dec 18th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I've been playing with a Wilson Triad 6 for 9 years.
Only broken one so far and since I keep finding them for $40-$50 online I am building a stock for the rest of my life :)

F-R-E-A-K
Dec 22nd, 2013, 11:38 PM
My new tennis bag and racquet :inlove:73513

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Chilenaitor
Dec 23rd, 2013, 01:21 AM
My new tennis bag and racquet :inlove:73513

really nice :)

uchickenvn
Dec 25th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Wilson Prostaff 100 which has the balance of power and control that i am looking for. Love it! :woohoo:

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 1st, 2014, 11:55 PM

First broken strings for the new year :help:

chingching
Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:58 AM
I have 3 Yonex 100Ss but I some are going to break soon and I am thinking of getting the newer equivalent (I am sad they stopped making the arguably better and prettier one :(). So I was wondering if it was a good racket? :)

jarko111
Jan 3rd, 2014, 01:10 AM
I am new to the site. In high school, I don't even know what I played with. It was a cheap gold/silver with black handle racket with a Black Letter "D" in the strings (not a Dunlop) and a rather large head - at least 105 sq.inch.
A couple years later I found a prokennex at a thrift shop. Very heavy - before I knew anything about specs, etc.. and I really loved it. I bought 2 wilson rackets from Walmart like 14.99 each. The first one was horrible, the frame was horridly shaped and un-even.. one side being a little smooshed in than the other. The other "walmart" wilson had Federer's signature on it and the handle was weird.. it wasn't tape so much as a cushion-y mess. I really liked it, tho, at the time. I served with some heat with that racket. I kind of went back and forth between that one and the prokennex. The prokennex would hurt my lower arm after longer matches, tho. My shoulder never hurt with any of the rackets I played with.

Now that I actually know a thing or two about "real" rackets and not the ones you get at General Merchandise Stores - I have a Prince 03 Speedport Black (bought it thinking it was Jelena Jankovic's racket) and I think she's always been a 03 White - and I also got a Prince E0X3 Tour Team 100. I actually love the EX03 Tour Team 100 more than my "Jankovic" racket.
I don't really have a specific reason except that it just feels better. My favorite racket ever.
Although, I really am thinking about jumping on the Babolat wagon some day soon since everyone else is.. it seems.
I never went back to Wilson because of how crappy the first Wilson "Walmart" purchase was. I just have a negative connotation about the brand. But I guess the Wilson rackets that come from proshops, etc. are extremely quality after reading all 33 pages of this thread. :) Might demo those.

MMJSL
Jan 3rd, 2014, 01:59 AM
I don't really have a specific reason except that it just feels better. My favorite racket ever.
Although, I really am thinking about jumping on the Babolat wagon some day soon since everyone else is.. it seems.
I never went back to Wilson because of how crappy the first Wilson "Walmart" purchase was. I just have a negative connotation about the brand. But I guess the Wilson rackets that come from proshops, etc. are extremely quality after reading all 33 pages of this thread. :) Might demo those.

Choosing a racquet isn't only about brands. A lot of the brands all have good racquets.

You gotta think about how long and how fast your strokes are, how much power you generate.

And how much power and control you want from the racquet.

Go with a racquet that is perfect for your style, don't change your style to be perfect for a racquet.

Good luck with your search! :)

Keaka
Jan 3rd, 2014, 09:01 AM
I've used Wilson nBlade and later kBlade for several years before I finally got my hands on BLX JUICE 96... I was shocked at how much a racket can make a difference. The blades were pretty neutral, they don't have any real advantages to other racquets, while Juice's (I love the name) weight and shape, leave the awesome design behind, makes it amazing for all kinds of spins and gets you much control as well as power. It's kind of like playing tennis in another dimension, allthough I'm sure there's other racquets who make an even bigger effect.

http://www.stringersworld.com/shopimages/products/extras/JuiceProBLX_800.jpg

Mattographer
Jan 26th, 2014, 03:46 AM
What are the best racquets for junkballers? :oh: Help me out :lol:

charmedRic
Jan 26th, 2014, 02:21 PM
What are the best racquets for junkballers? :oh: Help me out :lol:

any of the new open pattern racquets.

what have you been playing with so far? i can help you find the junk-baller equivalent :oh: :hehehe:

MMJSL
Feb 5th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Switching from Yonex VCore 100s to Yonex Ezone Xi 100.

I've been wanting to for a couple of months and the ezones finally went on sale.

http://www.tennisplaza.com/prodimages/4293-DEFAULT-l.jpg

My usual string is Luxilon 4G but I'm trying Yonex Poly Tour Pro.