PDA

View Full Version : [GMT] Announcements

Ksenia.
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Announcements

The board will here inform on important decisions, rule changes and other things that are important for the game.

If you wish to comment on the decisions, please use the Complaints thread or the chatthread.

Ksenia.
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Announcement #1

The board can inform that the player, Sexysova, has been banned from participating in the next 3 tournaments on the schedule (Clay Series, Roland Garros and Wimbledon). This number does not cover exhibitions, which he can't enter either. He can play again after Wimbledon. This is due to inappropriate behavior towards other members and us board members. If rules are broken again, it will lead into a worse punishment.

The board,
Andreas, Niya & StunnaLights

Sexysova
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:17 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Sexysova
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:17 PM
any proof? :hehehe:

Sexysova
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM
banned for nothing :woohoo:

I love dictators :D

kai.
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM
sorry, but how nadal says.. "THIS IS RIDICULOUS" :rolleyes:

Sexysova
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:23 PM
NO kai! :haha: it isn't, they're too smart for all of us who are not board, YOU SHOULD RESPECT THAT!!! :eek: or you will GET BANNED!!! :haha:

Andreas
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:24 PM
If you wish to comment on the decisions, please use the Complaints thread or the chatthread.

Thank you ;)

Sexysova
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:25 PM
who cares? then you should post it in the thread :haha:

Petkorazzi
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Sexysova, if you think you've done nothing over the past couple of months, never got into a conflict or bashed a fellow player, we have psychiatrists for that. :)

No more posts will be answered by the board in this thread. :wavey:

Sexysova
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:35 PM
and who asked for board's answers? :eek:

psychiatrist? maybe Poiree? she's so smart :bounce: :hehehe:

I have never said I didn't do anything bad but I didn't do anything serious to anyone and we're bashing each other here, but you always look only at my posts, nevermind :banana: :haha:

Ciarán
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Ondrej you are making a fool of yourself.

Sexysova
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Ondrej you are making a fool of yourself.

thank you, I'm trying hard :haha:

Ciarán
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:46 PM
It's not even funny, it's kinda creepy :o

Sexysova
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:50 PM
thank you :wavey: as I said, I'm trying hard :bounce:

Andreas
Apr 25th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Announcement #2

GMT Magazine, April Edition

- Tournament summary of Fed Cup - Will be done by 5ean

- Getting to know ... (This month's featured member is oneandonly) - Will be done by Yana

- Q&A (This month's featured member is Ciarán) - Will be done by TheArena

- Winners Interview - Will be done by Ciarán

- Managers Interview - Will be done by StunnaLights.

- Upcoming Events - Will be done by StunnaLights.

- Tips and Tutorials - Will be done by Poiree.

- XX and General News - Will be done by Andreas

Thanks to everyone for applying. The deadline is Friday, 8th of May, 1PM GMT.

Take care,
Andreas

Ksenia.
May 23rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I resign as a board member :bigwave: Didn't last for long huh :lol:
Take care people ;)

ArturoAce.
May 23rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
:eek:

mckyle.
May 23rd, 2009, 07:56 PM
I will be taking Niya's place :)

Хлоэ
May 23rd, 2009, 07:56 PM
Niya :sad: must be busy i guess

Andreas
May 23rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
I will be taking Niya's place :)

Gigi and I will think about that when finding the new board member then ;)

Ksenia.
May 23rd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Niya :sad: must be busy i guessI am but it's not because of that :lol:

Sexysova
May 23rd, 2009, 09:03 PM
and I know why :p smart decision Niya :yeah: :woohoo: :kiss:

louisa.
May 24th, 2009, 05:08 AM
:tears: :sad:

InsideOut.
May 24th, 2009, 05:12 AM
:speakles::crying2: Niya :sad:

Sexysova
May 24th, 2009, 05:31 AM
what about board elections?

Droolv
May 24th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Niya :hug: :sobbing:

Yeah we should have a board election for the job ;)

Хлоэ
May 24th, 2009, 12:15 PM
agreed :p

Medina
May 24th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Yes :yeah:

but although, there will be ALOT of bias involved.

But Niya was really good as a board member :awww:

Sexysova
May 24th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I'm sure Niya would like to be the board member but with some conditions :p

Andreas
May 24th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Announcement #4

The GMT board needs a 3rd member after Niya's withdrawal. If you are interested in this position, simply send a pm to both StunnaLights and I. In the application you have to write why we should pick you and what you could add to GMT if you get chosen. Everyone can apply, but of course you need to have a connection to GMT; a regular voter or a regular contestant.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, May 31st, 12PM CET and once the deadline is over, StunnaLights and I will pick the best applications (preferably 3 or 5). They will be published in a new thread and we will let you GMT'ers vote and decide who should be the 3rd board member. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

The board,
Andreas & StunnaLights

Ksenia.
May 24th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I'm sure Niya would like to be the board member but with some conditions :pYeah, kinda.

Thank you Medina :awww:

Good luck to anyone who's gonna be the 3rd board member :bigwave:

Sexysova
May 24th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I would like to be a board member, but not with you so I won't participate :o it's a shame I'm for a complete board change

Andreas
May 25th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Announcement #5

Due to improved behaviour, the board has decided that the ban for 3 tournaments, Sexysova was given, will be shortened. This means, that he is able to play Wimbledon.

The board,
Andreas & StunnaLights

Sexysova
May 25th, 2009, 11:27 AM
thank you :D :wavey:

Ksenia.
May 25th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Good to know. Funny that it takes a board member to leave to make others finally make some decision. Congrats Andrew, you deserved this :yeah:

Officinale
May 25th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Good to know. Funny that it takes a board member to leave to make others finally make some decision. Congrats Andrew, you deserved this :yeah:

:awww: Such a pity that you left :sad:

Ksenia.
May 25th, 2009, 01:49 PM
:awww: Such a pity that you left :sad:Such a pity that some people put their bias and "importance" above the needs of the game. Thank you :)

Officinale
May 25th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Yes, and that's why I said it is a pity that the game loses you because of something like that, eventhough I don't really know what exactely is going on because I am not involved in that. But still, I think you were a great board member (which was actually proved by your decision to leave if you don't accept apparent injustice - if you understand what I mean ;) ).

Sexysova
May 25th, 2009, 02:09 PM
that's why we need the board elections but how can we do it? just start a thread? :shrug: I don't want to be harsh or sth to Gigi and Andreas but I think it would be really fair :)

Ciarán
May 25th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I agree with Ondrej.

Petkorazzi
May 31st, 2009, 08:13 PM
Announcement #6

Due to the large request, the whole board will be rechosen.

You can send in applications saying why you think you'd make a good board member withing 24 hours after this post.

The board,
Andreas & StunnaLights

mckyle.
May 31st, 2009, 08:17 PM
I'll use the same application as before :)

Sean.
May 31st, 2009, 08:21 PM
Do we send the applications via PM to you or post them publicly? :)

Miss Atomic Bomb
May 31st, 2009, 08:27 PM
Just an idea :- If we are going to do it, you can just ask people write their top 3 favourites and set a deadline. At the end of the deadline just calculate the votes that people got and add them up, and the top 3 can be the board members (just like they do in GM, so no need for applications)

Sexysova
May 31st, 2009, 08:29 PM
oh cool :) I didn't see the announcement :yeah:

Poiree
May 31st, 2009, 08:30 PM
I like the idea, but I don't think everyone will want to be in the board, so the applications are here to tell us who is interested.

I am keeping my application too btw

Yana
May 31st, 2009, 08:35 PM
I'd also like you to use my old application ;)

and may I just remind everyone who wants to apply, it's a tough job and you need to be online often :p

Sexysova
May 31st, 2009, 08:36 PM
yes I know and I think I meet requeirements :D

Ciarán
May 31st, 2009, 08:39 PM
So are we writing applications publicly/privately or are we using reetards suggestion?

Sexysova
May 31st, 2009, 08:40 PM
I sent a PM to Gigi :)

Yana
May 31st, 2009, 08:45 PM
So are we writing applications publicly/privately or are we using reetards suggestion?

I think you should send them privately to Gigi :p

Petkorazzi
Jun 1st, 2009, 05:30 AM
Reetard - But not all people wanna apply i suppose. I'll see who applies and then the poll will dn the whole calculating job.

Applications to me by pm of course.

ArturoAce.
Jun 1st, 2009, 05:56 AM
i thought the board was fine :shrug:
but i guess its not :lol:

Poiree
Jun 2nd, 2009, 10:58 AM
Gigi, when will the poll be up?

Petkorazzi
Jun 2nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Tonight.

Sean.
Jun 10th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Forgotten Rules Reminder
Everyone has been sent a PM as the GMT board just wanted to remind you of a few very important rules that are often forgotten in the game and are very important. This PM is being sent to all who take part in GMT so it is in no way personally directed at you, but please make sure you read the following rules and follow them in the future as we will be very strict when they are disobeyed.

You are NOT allowed to ask other people for their opinion on your graphics before you hand them in or before your match is over. (this excludes showing them to your doubles partner for the doubles matches)

A player can ask for an extension no less than 24 hours before the actual deadline. Both tournament manager and player’s opponent have to agree on giving a player an extension. The deadline can be extended for maximum 24 hours. In case a player gets an extension, (s)he gets a 2 game penalty for each set.

Tournament threads are used only for posting matches and voting. Please do not use these threadsfor commenting or chatting.

If you have a complaint or any questions, use either the suggestions thread or contact the manager or a board member via PM.

When you send your graphics you must send them ALL at once and are not allowed to replace graphics once you sent them.

Only board members are allowed to ask people to vote in matches unless they are taking part in the match in question.

Thanks for your cooperation, ignorance will no longer be an excuse
the GMT Board (5ean, Droolv. and Yana)

Droolv
Jun 14th, 2009, 03:02 AM
The colouring exhibition that was been discussed in the Suggestions Thread has been given the all-clear by the GMT board and will be played after Wimbledon. The exhibition will be run by Arthur.

Thanks and good luck at Wimbledon,

Sean, Yana & Droolv :)

ArturoAce.
Jun 14th, 2009, 03:50 AM
:yeah:
thanks guys. i hope all goes well :)

Sexysova
Jun 14th, 2009, 04:40 AM
good idea, good luck to all who will participate :)

Sean.
Sep 5th, 2009, 12:53 AM
GMT Board Announcement

The GMT Board has decided to officially suspend Marco tennis, due to continual disruption of the game. He will not be allowed to vote or run an event until after the Asian Hard-Court Tournament and is ineligible to compete before the Year End Championships. This suspension is in effect immediately.

We ask that others keep their opinions & reactions to themselves on this matter.
Thanks, GMT Board

Petkorazzi
Sep 5th, 2009, 01:04 AM
:yeah:

Justin SW
Sep 5th, 2009, 01:26 AM
... :D I guess I must take it with a smile.

Justin SW
Sep 5th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Let me step back a minute... Why announcing so late? AFter I worked 5 hours on making my Singles and Doubles graphics??? :mad:

Petkorazzi
Sep 5th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Let me step back a minute... Why announcing so late? AFter I worked 5 hours on making my Singles and Doubles graphics??? :mad:
You'll realize it when you take it easy. :wavey: 5 hours on graphics? :weirdo:

But anyway, why was it late? :lol: Not like there was a deadline or sth.

Justin SW
Sep 5th, 2009, 01:35 AM
You'll realize it when you take it easy. :wavey: 5 hours on graphics? :weirdo:

But anyway, why was it late? :lol: Not like there was a deadline or sth.

Yeah, I'm a beginner so for me to make graphics is very long :o. I mean like the Us Open as startes so.... like ban me after, but for longer, I dont mind :shrug:

Whatever, you say Stiles. do not think I hate you ;)

Justin SW
Sep 5th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Plus I had to do my graphics for the duel and for my Exo which I'm not running anymore :o

Justin SW
Sep 5th, 2009, 01:39 AM
GMT Board Announcement

The GMT Board has decided to officially suspend Marco tennis, due to continual disruption of the game. He will not be allowed to vote or run an event until after the Asian Hard-Court Tournament and is ineligible to compete before the Year End Championships. This suspension is in effect immediately.

We ask that others keep their opinions & reactions to themselves on this matter.
Thanks, GMT Board

No Sean. I want people to tell the truth about what they're thinking. That's the way it works in life ;) No Censure!

Droolv
Sep 5th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Marco, stop spamming. :weirdo:

Justin SW
Sep 5th, 2009, 01:59 AM
How the hell, am I fucking spamming! :mad: :fiery: Wait a minute you Droolv, stop running this like we are your kids! First of, I just answered Stiles. question! Second, I personnally believe in people giving their opinions, so thats all I'm ofeering them. Please just shut the F****** Hell UP!

Sean.
Sep 5th, 2009, 02:02 AM

Please & Thanks. :)

Justin SW
Sep 5th, 2009, 02:03 AM
I'm tired of you guys always redirecting convos :mad:!!!!!!!

Justin SW
Sep 5th, 2009, 02:03 AM
and Sean. at least dare answering no to my PM! :o

Droolv
Sep 5th, 2009, 02:15 AM
GMT Board Announcement

We are sorry to announce, that the GMT Board has decided to extend the ban of Marco tennis due to his abusive behavior toward other posters. He will not be allowed to vote or run an event for the rest of the year and is ineligible to compete before the Year End Championships. This suspension is in effect immediately. Any further unacceptable comments by Marco may result in a perm ban.

Thanks, GMT Board

Justin SW
Sep 5th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Greatest way to arrange things :yeah:

iGOAT
Sep 6th, 2009, 01:34 AM
How the hell, am I fucking spamming! :mad: :fiery: Wait a minute you Droolv, stop running this like we are your kids! First of, I just answered Stiles. question! Second, I personnally believe in people giving their opinions, so thats all I'm ofeering them. Please just shut the F****** Hell UP!
Um Marco you are a kid, so they should treat you like that.

IDK what's up with you, you seem like a nice guy, but you're always getting into huge fights/saying or doing stupid/abusive things. I think a ban is the best thing so you can reconsider your behavior towards people.

Justin SW
Sep 6th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Thanks, I really appreciate, you giving your opinion so that way I know what to improve ;)

iGOAT
Sep 6th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Thanks, I really appreciate, you giving your opinion so that way I know what to improve ;)
Thanks then, I was a little worried you'd get mad.

And also, I know it's your choice, I don't mean to sound like a smartass, but it does not seem like the mature way to handle things by saying "Go to hell Droolv" and closing your thread to the board. Just my opinion...

Justin SW
Sep 6th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Sure :D

Yana
Oct 16th, 2009, 07:34 PM
GMT Board Announcement

GMT Awards 2009

We would like to announce that once the season is over, there will be a GMT Awards 2009 ceremony. Among other awards, will be the ones for best avatar, best banner, best free graphic, funniest graphic and best match of the year. The idea is that every player picks their favourite graphics made by themselves or another maker in the 2009 GMT season (duels not included, exos included) and sends them to Yana once YEC and Bali are over. Voters (non-makers) in GMT can also suggest graphics made by any maker in the 2009 season.

The board will then choose 3 or 4 graphics from each category to be nominated for the avatar, banner, free graphic, funniest graphic and best match of the year. The voting system will be same like last year and will be explained in the GMT Awards 2009 thread.Thanks, GMT Board

Yana
Oct 17th, 2009, 03:40 PM
GMT Board Announcement

A few months ago I sent a PM to my fellow board members letting them know that I was stepping down. They never found it necessary to post this in the announcements and after a while they asked me to come back which I then accepted. Luckily this summer (when I wasn't in the board) there weren't any major issues in GMT so the board didn't have to get involved.
In the Asian Hardcourts Tournament many rules were broken and I believe every single player of GMT should be allowed to know what the current issues were. This time I do not find it necessary to report what I am about to say to the rest of the board as they anyway wouldn't publish it. I myself saw a few main rules of GMT broken and the board couldn't react in a proper manner. The voting system isn't working, as nobody ever specifies which match they are voting for, managers are influencing voters to change their votes, which are then discounted, players are showing their graphics to others before sending them in and there is too much chatting in tournament threads. Certain board members don't find anything I say to be relevant and won't react appropriately. Thus it is my final decision to step down from the board and this time I have to announce it myself as the others wouldn't do it.

Good luck to anyone who survives this mess,

Yana

P.S - This announcement annuls the Awards announcement and the announcement made in the Asian Hardcourts thread about the final being on hold.

Miss Atomic Bomb
Oct 17th, 2009, 03:43 PM
GMT Board Announcement

A few months ago I sent a PM to my fellow board members letting them know that I was stepping down. They never found it necessary to post this in the announcements and after a while they asked me to come back which I then accepted. Luckily this summer (when I wasn't in the board) there weren't any major issues in GMT so the board didn't have to get involved.
In the Asian Hardcourts Tournament many rules were broken and I believe every single player of GMT should be allowed to know what the current issues were. This time I do not find it necessary to report what I am about to say to the rest of the board as they anyway wouldn't publish it. I myself saw a few main rules of GMT broken and the board couldn't react in a proper manner. The voting system isn't working, as nobody ever specifies which match they are voting for, managers are influencing voters to change their votes, which are then discounted, players are showing their graphics to others before sending them in and there is too much chatting in tournament threads. Certain board members don't find anything I say to be relevant and won't react appropriately. Thus it is my final decision to step down from the board and this time I have to announce it myself as the others wouldn't do it.

Good luck to anyone who survives this mess,

Yana

P.S - This announcement annuls the Awards announcement and the announcement made in the Asian Hardcourts thread about the final being on hold.

Now you are just being pissy.

I like you both, but when you accuse me of something I am going to retort :shrug:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Dec 20th, 2009, 12:00 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/34pz6rn.jpg

Updates?!!

If some of you haven't noticed yet, The GMT Board has introduced a new GMT Profiles sub-forum. You can make your own profiles now :)
The year-end rankings have also been updated by Sexysova :bowdown:

We will have a Magazine this month, we will post the details as soon as we decide so please participate in it :D next year's schedule will be up soon.

-GMT Board

Miss Atomic Bomb
Dec 20th, 2009, 10:58 PM

A new thread for the 2010 tournament sign-up has been posted and will be stickied soon so please make sure you take a look at it :)
Also, there will be a new Sub Forum for the 2009 Threads Archives as soon as we please the Forum Gods . If you have any suggestion please post them in the suggestion thread :)

-GMT Board

Stadia
Jan 11th, 2010, 07:19 AM
New Rules in GMT

The GMT Board is announcing new rules for the coming season. These new rules will be implemented during the Australian Open onwards. We expect all players, voters and tournament managers to follow these new rules.

New finals tasks:
For singles finals tasks, this will be the new format:
Avatar |Banner |Picture Reconstruction |Wallpaper |Practical Task

The Practical Task is a new task where the tournament manager can set any task with graphics with practical use. This can go on from designing a logo, a new website layout, book covers and albums, etc.
This task can be or not be related to the tournament.

For doubles finals tasks, this will be the new format:
100x100 |144x168 |Banner |Picture Reconstruction |Free

Each player from one team should make three graphics: one from the two avatar-sized graphics (100x100|144x168) one from the larger-sized graphics (Banner|Picture Reconstruction) and another one for the free. The last set will be played like a normal doubles last set is played (up to 10, must lead by two).

New Extension Rules:
1. In case you need an extension, PM the tournament manager, one board member, and your opponent, informing them that you need an extension. Your opponent must agree that you can use an extension.
2. You must inform the manager at least 24 hours before the deadline to apply for an extension. However, you will only be given 24 hours from the deadline to send your graphics.
3. If your opponent agrees to give you an extension, you will only get a 0-2 penalty for every set. However, if your opponent does not agree, you will receive a 0-3 penalty for very set.
4. If you do not send within 24 hours from the deadline, you will receive a 0-3 deadline.
5. If you apply for an extension, but end up sending within the deadline, you will still receive a penalty of 0-2.

We hope you all comply with the new rules :) Also, if you have reactions, comments and suggestions, please feel free to do so in the Suggestions, Questions and Complaints thread.

GMT Board
ArturoAce. Enia reetard Stadia

Poiree
Jan 11th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I updated the rules thread with those :D

Love the idea of the practical task :yeah:

Andreas
Jan 11th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I have a question related to the new doubles rules.

Example:
Andreas/Poiree vs. Renalicious/Stadia
Set 1: Andreas vs. Renalicious
Set 2: Poiree vs. Stadia
Set 3: Andreas vs. Renalicious
Set 4: Poiree vs. Stadia
Set 5: Andreas vs. Stadia, Poiree vs. Renalicious
Is this OK?

In case this happens:
Set 1: Andreas vs. Renalicious
Set 2: Poiree vs. Stadia
Set 3: Andreas vs. Stadia
Set 4: Poiree vs. Renalicious
Set 5: ???
Who would play who in the 5th set? How is that decided?

Stadia
Feb 11th, 2010, 07:33 AM
GMT Announcement
Re: Olympics, World Cup, New Rule

1. The Winter Olympics for 2010 will be held in March, in Exhibition 2's slot (see calendar). The idea of having an Olympics this year seemed to have been greeted warmly by the GMT participants and even by the Board. There is still no runner for this exhibition. The format will be like the past Olympics in the GMT: knock-out round.

2. The 2010 World Cup has been approved by the Board, and will be held during July, in Exhibition 3's slot. However, the manager for this tournament is still unconfirmed. As Pieter. already committed on having Exhibition 3's slot, there might be other managers who would like to run the World Cup. Also, the format for the WC will depend on whoever the manager will be.

3. A new rule will be in effect once Dubai starts. Any participant who does not send 24 hours after the deadline will be defaulted in his/her match. Members of the Board felt that waiting for participants who will send very late will further delay the tournament.

We hope to hear comments and suggestions about the announcement, especially regarding the last one. If you may, please comment in the Suggestions, Comments and Complaints thread.

Thank you,
GMT Board :)

ArturoAce.
Feb 14th, 2010, 10:49 PM

Here! (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=402361)

Stadia
Mar 21st, 2010, 06:40 AM
GMT Board Announcement

Enia has resigned from the GMT Board. We wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

With her announcement, all suggestions, comments, complaints, or any GMT-related message should be sent to the three remaining Board Members or the current Tournament Manager.

GMT Board