PDA

View Full Version : Do You Believe In The Cruxifiction?

only_one_maria
Apr 10th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Personally, I do. As for the resurrection, that's a different matter.

raffles
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:06 PM
It's not a matter of "believing" or not. There is no evidence for it so it seems unlikely. Still as long as fat kids gets lots of chocolate this weekend its not important.

only_one_maria
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I disagree, there is quite a bit of historical evidence. More so than for any other part of Jesus' life.

lee station
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:15 PM
there was a certain amount of fiction after the cruci!

sammy01
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:16 PM
'i've got a cat named easter
he says will you ever learn
you're just an empty cage girl if you kill the bird,

i've been looking for a saviour in these dirty streets
looking for a saviour beneath these dirty sheets
i've been raising up my hands, drive another nail in
i've got enough guilt to start my own religion'

saint2
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Does it matter ?

mandy7
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:21 PM
nah, not a huge fan of fairy tales.
i do appreciate all the holidays we get cause of the jesus dude though :lol:

only_one_maria
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I don't know if I'd describe the cruxifiction as a fairy tale. Have you seen The Passion Of The Christ? More like a nightmare.

Helen Lawson
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I believe it all! It's called faith.

Warrior
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Symbolically YES
Historically NO

raffles
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I don't know if I'd describe the cruxifiction as a fairy tale. Have you seen The Passion Of The Christ? More like a nightmare.

Hahaha, so true. I haven't seen that movie because I don't want to contribute to continual existance of the nasty entity known as Mel Gibson. I've seen some clips and it looks like a total gore feast which is much more disturbing than any other thing on tv the xtian groups protest about including gay kisses and swearing.

only_one_maria
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I am making a very clear distiction here. I'm not saying I think he was the son of god, or that he came back to life; but I do believe he was cruxified.

raffles
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I am making a very clear distiction here. I'm not saying I think he was the son of god, or that he came back to life; but I do believe he was cruxified.
Yeah but who really cares that some random irritating Jew was bumped off 2000 years ago. Lots of people were cruxified, why should we take a special interest in someone who it may or may not have happened to?

nah, not a huge fan of fairy tales.
i do appreciate all the holidays we get cause of the jesus dude though
Well the stole most of the holidys for the pagans so we would probably have got them anyway. Still I guess we do get chocolate eggs because of the fairytale so all is good.

only_one_maria
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah but who really cares that some random irritating Jew was bumped off 2000 years ago. Lots of people were cruxified, why should we take a special interest in someone who it may or may not have happened to?

Well, he did have something of a following. He may have just been a charlatan, but if he wasn't more significant than others who got bumped off, the story wouldn't have survived.

raffles
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Well, he did have something of a following. He may have just been a charlatan, but if he wasn't more significant than others who got bumped off, the story wouldn't have survived.

He also may not even have existed either but thats besides the point. Lots of stories from history about mythical/near-mythical figures have survived, does that mean we have take them as truth too and base our lives on them and attempt to compel others to do the same?

sammy01
Apr 10th, 2009, 02:57 PM
as far as im concerned religion was invented to both give reasons and answers to things unexplainable when they (religions) were created, and to control and supress certain people (normaly women) and as consequence were invented by men.

anyone who believes the loafs and fishes stuff ect, isn't religious they just have faith, that faith they can lay upon anything given a positive reason to i.e god/jesus is the saviour of man kind. this same faith others put into themselves, or others. religion isn't a bad thing if its just used as a coping technique by people to explain the bad and cling onto the good and to believe life has a purpose other than being a random set of events. religion becomes bad when people use it to control or justify things in life, then it becomes an enabler to darker things.

i belive everyone has faith, whether you choose to put that faith in religion is just that choice.

Halardfan
Apr 10th, 2009, 03:30 PM
as far as im concerned religion was invented to both give reasons and answers to things unexplainable when they (religions) were created, and to control and supress certain people (normaly women) and as consequence were invented by men.

anyone who believes the loafs and fishes stuff ect, isn't religious they just have faith, that faith they can lay upon anything given a positive reason to i.e god/jesus is the saviour of man kind. this same faith others put into themselves, or others. religion isn't a bad thing if its just used as a coping technique by people to explain the bad and cling onto the good and to believe life has a purpose other than being a random set of events. religion becomes bad when people use it to control or justify things in life, then it becomes an enabler to darker things.

i belive everyone has faith, whether you choose to put that faith in religion is just that choice.

I think the story of Jesus will have elements of truth, bits of half truth, and a lot of myth.

I have no problem with people who see Jesus as an inspirational leader who had interesting and influential things to say about life, the universe and everything. But as for the miracle working, rise from the dead son of god thing. No.

mandy7
Apr 10th, 2009, 03:38 PM
nah, it's on tv here tonight, but i do not feel like watching that movie
and i doubt that i ever will
faith? nah.. It's called 'a way to keep people in line'

saint2
Apr 10th, 2009, 03:43 PM
faith? nah.. It's called 'a way to keep people in line'

Nah, way to keep people in line looks somehow diffrent.

http://theresident.net/seyretfiles/localvideos/Political/_thumbs/High-level%20government%20delegateions.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/LimaFoxtrot/im_from_the_government_im_here_to_h.jpg?t=12393781 59

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/government.jpg

raffles
Apr 10th, 2009, 03:58 PM
How many governement use religion to control the minds of people. Its much more effective than the rule of law.

*JR*
Apr 10th, 2009, 04:03 PM
The most common spelling is crucifixion. Ironic that ITT title the spelling used includes "fiction". Just a Freudian slip?

Anyhow, while it has a very important place in history, I don't think it should. If Jesus was not the Messiah, he was merely one of thousands savagely killed thay way (indeed along with 2 rather minor common criminals).

If Jesus was the Messiah, and "arose on the 3rd day", etc. then (He) was "killed" only in a figurative sense, and returned to life (after a brief rest?) to complete his (His) mission.

The idea that killing someone absolves the sins of others who came B4 and even after is also strange. If an all-powerful God wanted to grant absolutions, why was the (temporary) death of someone else needed anyhow?
:confused:

The part about (His) birth to a virgin is also unnecessary to complete (His) purported mission. An all-powerful God could just "choose the right messenger" after all. (This part of the Jesus story seems 2B a continuation of the sex related hangups of the Old Testament going all the way back to Genesis.)

Solitaire
Apr 10th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Could have happened lots of people were put on the cross back then. We'll never really know till we clone jesus and use his genetic memory to find out. :p

Knizzle
Apr 10th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Why believe half the story?

Denise4925
Apr 10th, 2009, 05:57 PM

Me too Helen. :)

P.S. to the OP, you misspelled "Crucifixion".

Barrie_Dude
Apr 10th, 2009, 06:17 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/LimaFoxtrot/im_from_the_government_im_here_to_h.jpg?t=12393781 59

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/government.jpg:haha: :haha: :haha:

mandy7
Apr 10th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Nah, way to keep people in line looks somehow diffrent.

http://theresident.net/seyretfiles/localvideos/Political/_thumbs/High-level%20government%20delegateions.jpg

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/government.jpg
i think religion is worse than the government
then again, we got some christian political parties in ourse now, so its not much better
anyhow, i'm not a fan of religion, not a fan of most governments either :p
but anarchy is not the solution either!!

saint2
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:03 PM
i think religion is worse than the government

Isn't. Why? Well, relligion is something voluntary. Relligion doesn't use coercion. Relligion won't put You in jail for nothing. Relligion doesn't want You to pay taxes etc...

mandy7
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Isn't. Why? Well, relligion is something voluntary. Relligion doesn't use coercion. Relligion won't put You in jail for nothing. Relligion doesn't want You to pay taxes etc...
i don't know where you live, but our government doesn't put ppl in jail for nothing. :shrug:
actually, our government doesn't put anyone in jail, our justice system does that, judges and stuff :)

oh and religion isn't very voluntary, when you're born with religious parents.. they'll polute your mind so badly that you'll almost automaticaly 'become' religious too.
anyhow, whatever, i probably shouldn't get in to this..i'll offend some ppl i don't wanna offend
if ya wanna believe in things that can not be proven, that's fine
i'm a big fan of evolution though :D

hdfb
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:40 PM

Religion doesn't put you in jail for nothing, but they do eternally damn you to hell for sinning, and it seems like just about everything is a sin sometimes. I heard you can't eat fish?
Religion doesn't want you to pay taxes because they get tax-exempt status. That's why we get crazy people making up religions like Scientology to get rich.

saint2
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:44 PM
i don't know where you live, but our government doesn't put ppl in jail for nothing.

Yeah, right...everyone says that :lol:;)

actually, our government doesn't put anyone in jail, our justice system does that, judges and stuff

Its not me who drinks beer ATM, its my body.

oh and religion isn't very voluntary, when you're born with religious parents.. they'll polute your mind so badly that you'll almost automaticaly 'become' religious too.

When You're born with religious parents then You have no cghoice till 18. After 18 You are free :)

i'm a big fan of evolution though

U see and thats another argument that relligion>>government.

You don't belive, someone does, You doesn't harm each other. Thats cool. Government doesn't work that way.

BTW- Im not relligious too...But Im getting mad when people start to tell that "relligion is root of all evil" when the real enemy stays strong.

mandy7
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:51 PM
okay, you have issues, have a good night, i'm off :wavey:

Marionated
Apr 10th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Yes.

raffles
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:18 PM
i don't know where you live, but our government doesn't put ppl in jail for nothing. :shrug:
actually, our government doesn't put anyone in jail, our justice system does that, judges and stuff :)

anyhow, whatever, i probably shouldn't get in to this..i'll offend some ppl i don't wanna offend
i'm a big fan of evolution though :D
Mandy I agree with you, religious indoctrionation is a form of child abuse, polluting their minds and affecting their ability to think for themselves. I am utterly disgusted at the funding of religious school by our government.

Oh and look at the wonderful results of a religious based schooling system in Northern Ireland, and its taken this long for people to stop and think hey maybe there might be a problem with 90% of our kids being in secterian schools.

saint2
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Mandy I agree with you, religious indoctrionation is a form of child abuse, polluting their minds and affecting their ability to think for themselves. I am utterly disgusted at the funding of religious school by our government.

You see, You think in a right direction. But where we are differ- You are against govt founding relligious school, i am against govt founding ANY school. NOTHING kills individualism as much as collective, state-planned education.

nikita771
Apr 10th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I believe. I've fallen for it hook, line, and sinker. Now, my role and life as a Christian is not typical. I actual believe that we should love our neighbors as we love ourselves...even if they aren't like us.

Kart
Apr 11th, 2009, 12:14 AM
What is there to not believe - that a man called Jesus wasn't crucified however many years ago ? :shrug:

I believe it happened and I'm not even a Christian.

woosey
Apr 11th, 2009, 06:32 AM
i don't have a problem believing that somebody named jesus christ may have been crucified because it was a form of public execution for the romans and some others. he wasn't the first or only person to face death in this way, so it's not a particularly mythic or fictitious assertion.

but, asking if jesus christ is the lord and saviour is something altogether different.

the latter question is about faith and belief, the former is about something that could have happened to anyone at that time and wasn't created especially for jesus christ. he's just the most famous person to be crucified.

Lunaris
Apr 11th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Jesus' cricifixion and the way it happened is well documented. :shrug:

*JR*
Apr 11th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Jesus' crucifixion and the way it happened is well documented. :shrug:
I think the thread starter meant something broader, like: Do you believe Jesus was crucified to "pay for our sins" and was then resurrected to perform (His) various divine responsibilities; maybe also related questions like do you believe in the virgin birth, that Jesus turned water into wine, and the other miraculous deeds attributed to (Him) in the New Testament.

saint2
Apr 11th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Question is "Do You Believe In The Cruxifiction?" bot do You belive in ressurection, virgin birth or payment for our sins.

raffles
Apr 11th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I think the thread starter meant something broader, like: Do you believe Jesus was crucified to "pay for our sins" and was then resurrected to perform (His) various divine responsibilities; maybe also related questions like do you believe in the virgin birth, that Jesus turned water into wine, and the other miraculous deeds attributed to (Him) in the New Testament.

No, but I've never understood the concept of "god" creating a "son" and horribly torturing/killing him to "pay" for sins we may or may not commit, considering it was only his judgement that catogrised them as "sins" in the first place. It seems all rather vile and twisted in my mind. If he wanted to forgive all sins, being as all powerful as is claimed couldn't be just forgive them. Unless the intention of the authors was to enduce endless guilt/fear in populace.

BigB08822
Apr 12th, 2009, 01:48 AM
I believe he was crucified but he didn't rise again 3 days later. If we can believe that then why not believe that there really is a tooth fairy?

vadin124
Apr 12th, 2009, 01:54 AM
the whole bible is lies...religion itself is one big contradiction...

death to religion, IMHO...

though i'll happily "celebrate" religious festivals if it means more chocolate and food!

Berlin_Calling
Apr 12th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Religion doesn't put you in jail for nothing, but they do eternally damn you to hell for sinning, and it seems like just about everything is a sin sometimes. I heard you can't eat fish?
Religion doesn't want you to pay taxes because they get tax-exempt status. That's why we get crazy people making up religions like Scientology to get rich.

your argument is as juvenile and as pitiful as your username.

Lunaris
Apr 12th, 2009, 02:02 AM
It could be very well truth. At least nobody has refuted these things yet just as nobody refuted the existence of God. Who knows.

*JR*
Apr 12th, 2009, 03:24 PM
It could be very well truth. At least nobody has refuted these things yet just as nobody refuted the existence of God. Who knows.
True, one cannot "prove a negative". But how does one know which (if any) of the religions still around today is what % true? And there are things in some of the common beliefs the "3 great Abrahamic religions" that there are rational explanations for why they're believed.

Lets take monotheism. All were created well B4 Galileo and Copernicus, when ppl felt that the sun, stars, etc. revolved around the earth. (Knowing now that their are @ least billions or trillions of solar systems out there, the idea that The One God has some unique ongoing interest in us is insane.)

Lets take the afterlife, of course used for ages for rulers to gain obedience and dissuade rebellion (see "divine right of Kings"). Sure its possible that this life is some sort of school or test, but maybe the "passing grade" is precisely the opposite of what's generally preached: that the true test to "get to the next level" is of the ability not to blindly submit to groupthink.

And there was already a pre-existing basis for belief in an afterlife: dreams. Put yourself in the position of early humans, even those from ancient recorded history. You drift off to sleep and enter altered worlds, as well as meeting various departed ppl. Not knowing anything about neurology, its quite normal to have concluded that you had visited some other place(s).

So when those who ran things decided to use the promise of postlife reward vs. threat of punishment then to keep ppl in line, they were talking to ppl who the phenomenon of dreaming had made receptive to the idea that those no longer around in this life were "somewhere else" we'd visit in our sleep.

If this be heresy, may God strike me dead B4 I finish typing this sent :eek:

saul1333
Apr 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I read somewhere that there are about 40 secular sources that show that Christ existed and the events of his life. He is "historically" remembered as someone who was crucified. You do not have to believe that He was the Son of God.

Marshmallow
Apr 12th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Not that it matters but...

I believe Jesus was an enlightened 'being', I guess like Buddah, Abraham and some others.
I believe his ideas got him in trouble and so he was crucified
I'm not sure what to make of the resurrection, but I believe the idea that he died as a sacrifice for the sins of man is exaggerated and taken out of context. I don't believe in the devil or evil forces, just weakness is human mentality. Hence salvation is the liberation of the mind and spirit via listening to and applying the core teachings of Jesus and other enlightened beings. Liberation to freedom, joy and expansion; which are the purpose of life. Endless joyous expansion of source energy (God particles/enegry as it is known in physics)

These teachings though have been corrupted, taken out of context and lost in translation, partly accident, and partly active attempts to control behaviour and people. Part of THIS, has included the wiping out from history the fact that Mary Magdeline was a disciple/apostle and reducing her to a saved prostitute. I think the Gospel of Mary Magdeline (Gnosticism) is closer to the truth of Jesus' teachings than the much of the Bible. I found extracts online, and it contains some bold, and complex ideas - but they feel more human and psychological - than the external ideas of modern christianity.

I think the flaws in modern christianity are the product of the misunderstandings and corruptions in the text. Sort of Karma if you like, their wrongs have become the weaknesses in the establishment.

Bah... if anyone cares you can do the research. Better than my interpretations :p

Fingon
Apr 12th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Not that it matters but...

I believe Jesus was an enlightened 'being', I guess like Buddah, Abraham and some others.
I believe his ideas got him in trouble and so he was crucified
I'm not sure what to make of the resurrection, but I believe the idea that he died as a sacrifice for the sins of man is exaggerated and taken out of context. I don't believe in the devil or evil forces, just weakness is human mentality. Hence salvation is the liberation of the mind and spirit via listening to and applying the core teachings of Jesus and other enlightened beings. Liberation to freedom, joy and expansion; which are the purpose of life. Endless joyous expansion of source energy (God particles/enegry as it is known in physics)

These teachings though have been corrupted, taken out of context and lost in translation, partly accident, and partly active attempts to control behaviour and people. Part of THIS, has included the wiping out from history the fact that Mary Magdeline was a disciple/apostle and reducing her to a saved prostitute. I think the Gospel of Mary Magdeline (Gnosticism) is closer to the truth of Jesus' teachings than the much of the Bible. I found extracts online, and it contains some bold, and complex ideas - but they feel more human and psychological - than the external ideas of modern christianity.

I think the flaws in modern christianity are the product of the misunderstandings and corruptions in the text. Sort of Karma if you like, their wrongs have become the weaknesses in the establishment.

Bah... if anyone cares you can do the research. Better than my interpretations :p

I agree, it's highly likey that Jesus did exist and was crucified, but it doesn't mean he was the Son of God.

Christ means Messiah, which in turns refer to a heir of David. The Jewish believed that a successof or David and Salomon would appear to bring Israel back it its past glory. There were many men assumed to be the messiah and the Jewist priests were quick to shut them down because they feared the Roman's wrath, after all, a messiah would seek to recreate a jewish state, and Israel was then under Roman control, so they would be see as "terrorists" and treated accordingly, crucifiction was a common way of executing people believe to have conspired against the state (Rome)

Ryan
Apr 12th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I agree, it's highly likey that Jesus did exist and was crucified, but it doesn't mean he was the Son of God.

Christ means Messiah, which in turns refer to a heir of David. The Jewish believed that a successof or David and Salomon would appear to bring Israel back it its past glory. There were many men assumed to be the messiah and the Jewist priests were quick to shut them down because they feared the Roman's wrath, after all, a messiah would seek to recreate a jewish state, and Israel was then under Roman control, so they would be see as "terrorists" and treated accordingly, crucifiction was a common way of executing people believe to have conspired against the state (Rome)

Agreed.

I'm far from a religious person, but even so I find the story of Christ and his crucifixion very compelling/inspiring. Having the faith, and strength of conviction to believe that someone died to absolve you of your sins, and trying to live your life better because of that - is something I really admire.

From a historical context, I would agree its very likely Jesus did exist and was crucified - the other stuff, to me, has probably been embellished upon - but is that so wrong? I don't think so, if it helps people.

Whitehead's Boy
Apr 13th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I read somewhere that there are about 40 secular sources that show that Christ existed and the events of his life. He is "historically" remembered as someone who was crucified. You do not have to believe that He was the Son of God.

Oh it's 40 secular sources now? Lol.

We're waiting for a list. I guess we'll have to wait, just like we have to wait for the list of the alleged 500 witnesses who saw Jesus alive after his death.

Whitehead's Boy
Apr 13th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Agreed.
the other stuff, to me, has probably been embellished upon - but is that so wrong?

1 Corinthians 15:17

and if the Messiah has not been raised, your faith is worthless

*JR*
Apr 13th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Having the faith, and strength of conviction to believe that someone died to absolve you of your sins, and trying to live your life better because of that - is something I really admire.
No Ryan, I think its the reverse: trying to live your life better not because you chose (or were subtly browbeaten as a kid) into believing in something unprovable; or because of the promise/threat bit re. an unlikely afterlife - even if there is/are creator(s) they probably need us later as much as we need the lab rats after an experiment is done - but because its just the right thing to do.

Lunaris
Apr 13th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Oh it's 40 secular sources now? Lol.

We're waiting for a list. I guess we'll have to wait, just like we have to wait for the list of the alleged 500 witnesses who saw Jesus alive after his death.
Fact is that there are Christian, Roman and also Jewish sources which mention Jesus Christ as a living person. Why would Romans or Jews write anything about Jesus if he wasn't real? Majority of historians considers these sources reliable thus ackowledging the existence of Jesus.

Whitehead's Boy
Apr 13th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Fact is that there are Christian, Roman and also Jewish sources which mention Jesus Christ as a living person. Why would Romans or Jews write anything about Jesus if he wasn't real? Majority of historians considers these sources reliable thus ackowledging the existence of Jesus.

I took issue with the number 40, in case you didn't realize. The number is simply made up.

But to answer your question - and I'm not referring to Jesus here, just making a general observation - it's possible to write about a person thinking he is real, without the person actually being real. If stories about a guy circulates, and people write about him, how does it follow the person must be real?

Ryan
Apr 13th, 2009, 03:57 AM
1 Corinthians 15:17

and if the Messiah has not been raised, your faith is worthless

:shrug: Of COURSE they have to say it's wrong, but whats the point in preaching about this religion if you admit the key part might not be true?

Harvs
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:16 AM
no.

raffles
Apr 13th, 2009, 05:40 AM
Agreed.

I'm far from a religious person, but even so I find the story of Christ and his crucifixion very compelling/inspiring. Having the faith, and strength of conviction to believe that someone died to absolve you of your sins, and trying to live your life better because of that - is something I really admire.

Well I find it the most insulting concept ever consider as the story goes it was this person own father who decided they were sins in the first place and the felt the need to create his own son and kill/torture him to absolve us of these so called "sins" which were really nasty things like murder and rape but other much more terrible things like sodomy and worshiping false idols. :help:

Ryan
Apr 13th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Well clearly some of you here have had too much time to think about all this. :lol: I'm not going to defend my views, its just how I feel and I can understand people thinking otherwise - again, I'm not religious, part of me just admires people who have faith to believe in something you can't "prove".

Monica_Rules
Apr 13th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I don't believe that Jesus Christ was the son of god as i don't believe in god, however i can accept there might have been someone called Jesus Christ who preeched and believed he was the son of god and people followed him.

Today it would be classes as a cult.

comfortably.numb
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:18 PM
It is of no importance to me, one way or the other.

Marshmallow
Apr 14th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Well I find it the most insulting concept ever consider as the story goes it was this person own father who decided they were sins in the first place and the felt the need to create his own son and kill/torture him to absolve us of these so called "sins" which were really nasty things like murder and rape but other much more terrible things like sodomy and worshiping false idols. :help:

:unsure:

I think this is one of the flaws, so to speak, and I know the author of the God Delusion whatever his name way, played on it a lot. But IMO, it's possible that the father son concept was just a metaphor (people to this day don't agree on whethers it's 'son of God' or 'God in Human form'), then some Christian fanatic either misinterpreted this or decided to exploit the idea of a father sacrificing his own son, as a means of pushing the idea that God loved human people so much that he would torture his own child. This has human construction splattered all over it, and in a karma like way, people have found a flaw in this logic an it's being used to weaken Christian establishments.

And I think that's a shame cos the beauty of what Jesus was all about is lost in all that.

I have to say though, watching the Pope on TV, dressed in expensive robes, and sitting on Gold looking like a royal Diva is :help:. The establishment is SO corrupt and ridiculous. A proper cult.

Ryan
Apr 14th, 2009, 03:35 PM
:unsure:

I think this is one of the flaws, so to speak, and I know the author of the God Delusion whatever his name way, played on it a lot. But IMO, it's possible that the father son concept was just a metaphor (people to this day don't agree on whethers it's 'son of God' or 'God in Human form'), then some Christian fanatic either misinterpreted this or decided to exploit the idea of a father sacrificing his own son, as a means of pushing the idea that God loved human people so much that he would torture his own child. This has human construction splattered all over it, and in a karma like way, people have found a flaw in this logic an it's being used to weaken Christian establishments.

And I think that's a shame cos the beauty of what Jesus was all about is lost in all that.

I have to say though, watching the Pope on TV, dressed in expensive robes, and sitting on Gold looking like a royal Diva is :help:. The establishment is SO corrupt and ridiculous. A proper cult.

Agreed. I think it's kind of scary how aggressive some people here have been in attacking/cutting down people who say anything remotely supportive of religion/faith. Especially since I'm NOT a religious person, its kind of weird being told how off-base I am. :lol:

alfonsojose
Apr 15th, 2009, 12:02 AM
a lot of people were cruxified back in the day :shrug: That one of them was special and the son of some God :scratch: