PDA

View Full Version : Goody represented wretched Britain: Parky

Pasta-Na
Apr 8th, 2009, 02:35 AM
British chat show host Michael Parkinson has slammed late reality TV star Jade Goody as "all that's paltry and wretched about Britain".

Goody found fame after appearing on the British edition of Big Brother in 2002.

She died last month of cervical cancer aged 27, milking the media spotlight until the last in deals with broadcasters and publications to make money for her two sons.

"Jade Goody has her own place in the history of television and, while it's significant, it's nothing to be proud of," Parkinson wrote in the Radio Times weekly magazine.

"Her death is as sad as the death of any young person, but it's not the passing of a martyr or a saint or - God help us - Princess Di ," he wrote.

He added: "When we clear the media smokescreen from around her death, what we're left with is a woman who came to represent all that's paltry and wretched about Britain today."

Goody's example has been hailed by cancer charities as well as British Prime Minister Gordon Brown for prompting a surge in the increase of young women taking tests for cervical cancer.

She released an autobiography, a perfume and an exercise video, and saw her notoriety go global when she subjected Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty to racist bullying on Celebrity Big Brother in 2007.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/entertainment/5484894/goody-represented-wretched-britain-parky/

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 8th, 2009, 05:57 AM
:worship: He speaks the truth :bigclap: I never understood all the fuss surrounding her death.

It's sad that someone so young died of cancer but it didn't deserve the media attention it received!

Solitaire
Apr 8th, 2009, 06:10 AM
No surprise that someone with no real talent is famous just for being on a reality tv show. People worship movie stars like gods and yes even reality "stars". The media ate it up cause it was a good story in their eyes and they knew people would be all over it. I honestly don't see anything wrong with a dieing woman milking the media and the idiotic masses to leave something behind for her two boys.

raffles
Apr 8th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Well it understandable that she milked the media for all its worth to leave something behind for her kids but she was only able to do that because of the people interested in the vile, racist bully. Now her dead husband can milk the media, hopefully people will quickly tire of this circus and we can move on from glorifying the likes of Jade.

Solitaire
Apr 8th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Sadly the people will move onto the next vile thing.....

Cashif
Apr 8th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Jade Goody was a bully and yes it is sad that she died but I nver understood the hype she generated. She was a racist and the whole country was against her a while back but once she got cancer, her tainted character was forgiven by media and she has been praised as if she had done something wonderful. She was just a trash who milked the media for all its worth, IMO she should have been given a small page3 column, even that. Instead she was in the first page everyday and I hated it!

raffles
Apr 8th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Then the media bitched out Shilpa Shetty for saying something nice about Jade when she was dying, like she was any more of an attention seeker than the vile Goody. At least she never went on nation tv acted like a idiot and behaved like a mean nasty bully.

The cult of Jade is disturbing enough without the all the publicity about her death. Still there is Kerry Katona for the press to report on now.

AdeyC
Apr 8th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Shilpa has more class in her little toe than Jade ever had.

Monica_Rules
Apr 8th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Jade may have been trash, and i kind of agree with what Parky says. It all comes from the celeb culture that we have adopted in britin and its down to TV shows like Big Brother and X factor. Its thewhole get rich quick thing without actually earning the money.

However I don't think Jade was a racist. A bully yes and overally agressive but i don't think it was racist on her part. I do think that the other two witches who were involved were rasict. If you read the transcript of the parts that weren't aired that were racist it was Jack, Jo and the other useless lump Danielle that were sprouting the racists stuff.

I;m not saying Jade was a saint at all, she did start the whole thing by being a bully. She just took the whole flack for the whole charade.

Destiny
Apr 8th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Jade is someone who is dumb to the lowest degree and got luck and used her street smart to get what she wanted . I say don't blame or degrade her too much blame the dirty media that shoved her down our throats thinking it was what we wanted. Am sad she's dead but hopefully i won't be hearing or seeing her on the news or on the front cover of my paper when their are many more important stories out to be told:mad:

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM
well said Parky :bowdown:

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 8th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Sadly the people will move onto the next vile thing.....

there's too much Wayne Rooney already :speakles:

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM
^ Parky snobbish :lol:
he's a Yorkshireman from Barnsley
there arent any snobs from Barnsley

DevilishAttitude
Apr 8th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Then the media bitched out Shilpa Shetty for saying something nice about Jade when she was dying, like she was any more of an attention seeker than the vile Goody. At least she never went on nation tv acted like a idiot and behaved like a mean nasty bully.

The cult of Jade is disturbing enough without the all the publicity about her death. Still there is Kerry Katona for the press to report on now.

Who can beat a bit of Kerry though! ;) :tape:

I agree with what he says, although the timing of his comments are certainly questionable. The woman was only buried a few days ago! It's comments like that that will keep the Jade cycle continue.

I didn't know the media had criticised Shilpa? Although their "friendship" was highly unbelievable.

I agree Jade wasn't racist. I think the way she has promoted cervical cancer will be a good thing. I just think the publicity over it as been ridiculous. Specially the 25 mile funeral walk, which has to be the tackiest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Kart
Apr 8th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Jade wasn't racist, she was just ignorant and a much more palatable person for the media to pick on than Danielle (who IMHO was racist on that show.)

I can't work out what is worse though - a young girl dying of cervical cancer and leaving two young children or us getting to the point of accepting a TV show where a young woman is told that she has cancer live on air as entertainment.

Parkinson is right.

Marionated
Apr 8th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I actually think Jo was the worst of 3. She didn't even bother to apologise for her actions.

Regarding Parkinson, I do think there is some truth in what he says, but it is a bit insensitive to say it just a few days after she was buried.

Monica_Rules
Apr 8th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Jo was clearly the worst of the lot based on the transcripts i read of them making limerics about shipla. I had no ounce of sympathy for the vile witch when she was on GMTV. She brought it all on herself and she then had the audacity not to apoligise.

Her whole 'my house was about to be taken off me' well get off you arse and get a job then you lazy cow. Loads of other people loose their houses, you aren't the only one.

alfonsojose
Apr 8th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Another reality whore :yeah:

Kart
Apr 8th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I don't know about Jo. It's not as if apologies from any of them mean anything.

I feel kind of sorry for her as she got a fair amount of abuse from the press and then was basically suicidal - as far as I'm concerned she didn't get off lightly.

Unlike Danielle.

raffles
Apr 8th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Was the Jo from S Club 7? Yeah she did try to get as much sympathy as possible for herself while Danielle just went on about her business as normal. Then again Daneille was a big-titted ex-page 3 model and Jo was a fat, unattractive ex-pop star from a band featuring Rachel Stevens.

Monica_Rules
Apr 8th, 2009, 10:07 PM
The thing was Danielle did say sorry. Little as that meant she at least said it. Jo was wholey not sorry for what she said/did and couldn't even see beyond her own ignorance.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 8th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Danielle did that stupid press conference with Shilpa.

That's one thing that annoyed me with Shilpa. She thought she was taking the high road and forgiving them, but she just gave them an easy ride. It was disgraceful how all five of them behaved.

Another thing, why the hell was that wanker Jack allowed freedom from being in jail to spend it with Jade. That disgusted me too. The fact that he is getting media attention and some sympathy is a disgrace. This boy hit a 16 year old boy over the head with a golf club. Then to show he didn't learn his lesson from that, he beat up a cab driver. He is scum, just like his "wife" and his mother in law!

They are vile human beings and I guess it is Karma coming back to bite them in the arse!