PDA

View Full Version : Lil' Kim Scores Perfect score on dancing with the stars :)

SM
Apr 6th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Lil' Kim first watched 'Dancing With the Stars' in jail
:worship:

what a true sistah from tha hood , you prove dem haterz wrong Kimmy :kiss:

LINK --- http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/04/05/2009-04-05_lil_kim_first_watched_dancing_with_the_s.html

LOS ANGELES - Lil' Kim has ditched her jailhouse shuffle for a mean quickstep - and the judges on "Dancing With the Stars" are abuzz about the Queen Bee's "bionic booty."
The racy rapper has morphed into a ballroom belle as a breakout star on the ABC show - even scoring the season's first perfect 10 for last week's Argentine tango with partner Derek Hough.
"I'm trying to show I'm not just one-dimensional, not just a rapper, not just from the 'hood," the pint-sized protégé of the Notorious B.I.G. told the Daily News. "I can do anything I put my mind to."
The judges seem to agree - and so does the audience, which gave her tango a standing ovation.

"It felt really good," she said. "No matter what happens, I can always say we got the first perfect 10 of the season. It was an out-of-body experience."
With her scores steadily improving and a fourth-place ranking, Lil' Kim is dancing her way into the hearts of millions of Americans who vote for her every week.

Many of the show's fans may be unfamiliar with her lewd lyrics and prison record, but the Brooklyn-born star isn't trying to disown her past.
In fact, Lil' Kim dedicated her Cha Cha on opening night to "all my girls in the federal detention center."

It was a nod to the nine-month prison sentence she finished in 2006 for lying to a grand jury about a wild gun battle outside Hot 97's Manhattan studio.
"I did [the dedication] because that's where I first got familiar with the show - in prison," the rapper revealed. "I care about those girls. We went through hardship together. I consider them my friends."
Her other inspiration for doing the show is her mother.

"It's no secret I've been through a lot, and it's been hard for my whole family, especially my mom," she said. "I'm trying to get her out [to Los Angeles] this weekend so she can see me. This is her chance to be happy and proud about something I'm doing now."
The ABC competition is just the latest twist in a career that's got more curves than the body that inspired usually dour judge Len Goodman to praise her "bionic booty."

Born Kimberly Jones in Bed-Stuy, Lil' Kim was discovered by Christopher Wallace, better known as the Notorious B.I.G., a few years before he was murdered in 1997.
The multiplatinum rapper won a Grammy in 2002 but watched from behind bars as her fourth studio album, "The Naked Truth," rang up disappointing sales.

With a new single out ("Download" featuring T-Pain) and a studio collaboration with Spice Girl Mel B in the works, Lil' Kim, now 33, hopes "Dancing With the Stars" will reveal another side of her.
"Whatever people think, that's not who I am," she said. "I'm sure people are seeing me in a whole different way."

She swears she's never taken a formal dance class in her life - not counting the hip-hop choreography she learns for her videos.
"My body is more into shape, that's definitely true," she said of the show's back-to-back six hour rehearsals. "It's a little nerve-racking, but I'm a performer. I know how to deal with it."

Image experts say her transformation is a challenge - and an opportunity.
"Going forward, she has to take the power of the audience she's grabbed on the show but not alienate her core fans who couldn't care less about it," said Mike Paul, a New York-based reputation expert.

"The struggle is, you can't be both. You can't be all-American apple pie and a gangsta rapper," he said. "She's not going to come on stage and sing Bing Crosby. And when some new fans hear lyrics that make them cover the ears of their 10-year-old, they're going to be appalled. She just has to be honest about it."

:wavey::worship::wavey::drool::drool::drool::heart s::hearts::hearts:KIMMY:hearts::hearts::kiss::kiss ::kiss:

Justin
Apr 6th, 2009, 03:57 AM
LAWD Almighty. :lol:

SM
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:12 AM
kim is the true G.O.A.T http://www.amazon.com/Ms-G-O-T-Lil-Kim/dp/B0017CW5OE/ref=pd_bxgy_m_img_b/180-8390896-8312104

azza
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:49 AM
steve :p